PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Bucks Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

roidrunner
04-21-2008, 07:14 PM
they started out slow, so he got canned, chicago was thinking NBA title and when they started 9-16 he got canned for the slow start

princefielder28
04-25-2008, 02:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3365899

Sampson may become Bucks' assistant

princefielder28
05-04-2008, 09:14 PM
How many people would be against trading Michael Redd?

EvilMonkey
05-04-2008, 09:57 PM
How many people would be against trading Michael Redd?

I would not be against it but it wouldnt be my first choice of what to do. I'd rather trade Mo before anyone else, but I'm open to getting rid of anyone other than Bogut, Yi, and Sessions.

princefielder28
05-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I would not be against it but it wouldnt be my first choice of what to do. I'd rather trade Mo before anyone else, but I'm open to getting rid of anyone other than Bogut, Yi, and Sessions.

I think Yi may be on his way out because he has not expressed any longterm committment to the Bucks and will look elsewhere after his first contract is expired

PackerLegend
05-04-2008, 10:41 PM
The Bucks should not have drafted Yi when it was reported multiple times he didnt want to play for the Bucks. Anyways whens the draft? I didnt follow the Bucks that much this season because they were awful again and really am not a huge NBA fan NCAA is better.

roidrunner
05-05-2008, 12:53 AM
the draft is in june, does anyone know when the draft lottery is?? it should be coming up soon

EvilMonkey
05-05-2008, 01:16 AM
lottery May 20, draft June 26

princefielder28
05-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Bucks have the 8th pick

PackerLegend
05-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Bucks have the 8th pick

So who are we taking? Hopefully not another who stated he didn't want to play for Milwaukee and we still drafted him anyways.

princefielder28
05-20-2008, 08:46 PM
So who are we taking? Hopefully not another who stated he didn't want to play for Milwaukee and we still drafted him anyways.

I did a quick mock in the 2008 nba draft thread and i had the bucks taking danilo gallinari

GB12
05-20-2008, 08:52 PM
I did a quick mock in the 2008 nba draft thread and i had the bucks taking danilo gallinari
Charlie Villanueva and Yi are still on the roster. What would he bring that's not there already

princefielder28
05-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Charlie Villanueva and Yi are still on the roster. What would he bring that's not there already

a true 3...villnueva is a tweener and yi is a 4

GB12
05-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Can't say I know much about him. Is he NBA ready enough to start right away?

princefielder28
05-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Can't say I know much about him. Is he NBA ready enough to start right away?

I think with the situation that the Bucks are in that he can afford to start right away and take his lumps by learning how to transition to the NBA.

Kampman for President
06-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Latest mock from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-080602

I think we need to completely rebuild. Trade Redd, trade CV, and maybe trade Mo. I like Bogut but is he the guy that Hammond wants? Can Bogut be that presence in the low post?

Yi is set and we really need him to develop this year. Is Sessions going to run the show? We have so many questions its hard to say this is where we begin.

I'd like to draft DeAndre Jordan as our future center. Then we are set with Yi at the 4 and Jordan at the 5. We aren't stuck paying Bogut after the season either.

I'd love to get another lottery pick this year. IMO we need to dump Redd though in order to go anywhere.

princefielder28
06-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Latest mock from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-080602

I think we need to completely rebuild. Trade Redd, trade CV, and maybe trade Mo. I like Bogut but is he the guy that Hammond wants? Can Bogut be that presence in the low post?

Yi is set and we really need him to develop this year. Is Sessions going to run the show? We have so many questions its hard to say this is where we begin.

I'd like to draft DeAndre Jordan as our future center. Then we are set with Yi at the 4 and Jordan at the 5. We aren't stuck paying Bogut after the season either.

I'd love to get another lottery pick this year. IMO we need to dump Redd though in order to go anywhere.

I like the Gallinari choice

princefielder28
06-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Rumor out there that Golden State is very interested in Yi Jianlian and the Warriors are willing to move Brandan Wright. The rumored deal would swap the power forwards and the bucks would also receive the 14th pick. I like this idea.

Kampman for President
06-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Rumor out there that Golden State is very interested in Yi Jianlian and the Warriors are willing to move Brandan Wright. The rumored deal would swap the power forwards and the bucks would also receive the 14th pick. I like this idea.

I wanted to draft Wright last year, but with all the effort in signing Yi would it be worth trading him already? I like getting another pick but I'd much rather see Redd, Villy, or Mo traded before Yi at this point. Bogut is developing at the 5 and if Yi can develop more this year we'll be set at the 4.

princefielder28
06-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I wanted to draft Wright last year, but with all the effort in signing Yi would it be worth trading him already? I like getting another pick but I'd much rather see Redd, Villy, or Mo traded before Yi at this point. Bogut is developing at the 5 and if Yi can develop more this year we'll be set at the 4.

Wright has a better chance of staying long term if he was to be a Buck where Yi has voiced his displeasure since Day One. I love yi, but I think moving him for Wright would probably be in the best interest of the long term success of the franchise. Plus the 14th pick can get us a very good player because this draft is deep.

Kampman for President
06-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Wright has a better chance of staying long term if he was to be a Buck where Yi has voiced his displeasure since Day One. I love yi, but I think moving him for Wright would probably be in the best interest of the long term success of the franchise. Plus the 14th pick can get us a very good player because this draft is deep.

Many believe it was his handlers which didn't want him to land in Milwaukee, not Yi himself. Yi has never said that he didn't want to play in Milwaukee.

The draft is hardly deep too and striking it big at #14 is far from a given. Just look at the past 14th overall picks:

Eric Williams 1995 Boston Celtics
Predrag Stojakovic 1996 Sacramento Kings
Maurice Taylor 1997 Los Angeles Clippers
Troy Murphy 2001 Golden State Warriors
Fred Jones 2002 Indiana Pacers
Luke Ridnour 2003 Seattle SuperSonics
Kris Humphries 2004 Minnesota Utah Jazz
Rashad McCants 2005 Minnesota Timberwolves
Al Thornton 2006 Los Angeles Clippers

Yi showed flashes of potential and I think if we can get away from a Redd-focused team then others will start to flourish. Just look what happened when Redd doesn't play - we played more TEAM basketball.

GB12
06-05-2008, 09:50 PM
I don't see any reason why we wouldn't do that trade if there's truth to it. Wright should have been our pick in the first place.

princefielder28
06-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Many believe it was his handlers which didn't want him to land in Milwaukee, not Yi himself. Yi has never said that he didn't want to play in Milwaukee.

The draft is hardly deep too and striking it big at #14 is far from a given. Just look at the past 14th overall picks:

Yi showed flashes of potential and I think if we can get away from a Redd-focused team then others will start to flourish. Just look what happened when Redd doesn't play - we played more TEAM basketball.

The draft is deep in comparison to the previous few classes....we have the capability of landing a player like JaVale McGee or Donte Greene at that pick and if those players would've stayed in school another year they'd be Top 10 picks next year.

I think Yi, although I agree alot of the problems came from his advisors, would prefer to play somewhere else where it would make him more marketable and a place that is more culturally diverse. Going to the Warriors would put him in a spot with a strong Chinese population and he could become more of a face in this league.

Kampman for President
06-06-2008, 01:38 PM
The draft is deep in comparison to the previous few classes....we have the capability of landing a player like JaVale McGee or Donte Greene at that pick and if those players would've stayed in school another year they'd be Top 10 picks next year.

I think Yi, although I agree alot of the problems came from his advisors, would prefer to play somewhere else where it would make him more marketable and a place that is more culturally diverse. Going to the Warriors would put him in a spot with a strong Chinese population and he could become more of a face in this league.

Eh, its the same as the past few years IMO. Its got its top 2 and then after that its up to team needs basially. I'd actually prefer to move up and nab one of the top 2 players. Thats how Milwaukee can get a "face" in the NBA. Right now we have nobody. Redd is good but isn't a superstar while Yi has made the Bucks more internationally known. Who cares what Yi or his handlers want in reguards to marketing him, this is our team and we should want them to make a name instead of trading off a potential All Star and losing his marketing ability. You can become a star no matter where you play, you just need to play to the level of being a star player.

GB12
06-06-2008, 11:20 PM
The Finals got me thinking back to when we had Ray Allen and how badly George Karl ****** us over by forcing him out. Allen's my all time favorite NBA player and it still kills me how we shipped him to Seattle. 6 years after the trade he's still playing at a high level making the all star team each one of those years. That trade made no sense what so ever. Ray Allen for 30 games of Gary Payton and Desmond Mason, ugh.

I don't really have a point to this, just pisses me off still.

princefielder28
06-07-2008, 01:13 AM
The Finals got me thinking back to when we had Ray Allen and how badly George Karl ****** us over by forcing him out. Allen's my all time favorite NBA player and it still kills me how we shipped him to Seattle. 6 years after the trade he's still playing at a high level making the all star team each one of those years. That trade made no sense what so ever. Ray Allen for 30 games of Gary Payton and Desmond Mason, ugh.

I don't really have a point to this, just pisses me off still.

I still am as pissed at that move today as I was 6 years ago....feel your pain

princefielder28
06-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Bucks seem very interested in UCLA guard Russell Westbrook and West Virginia forward Joe Alexander

GB12
06-20-2008, 03:16 PM
One of the worst teams in the NBA and 3 Bucks will be playing in the Olympics.

EvilMonkey
06-20-2008, 04:32 PM
One of the worst teams in the NBA and 3 Bucks will be playing in the Olympics.

yeah, i'm trying to look at it as a positive of the talent that is on our team and hope Skiles can turn that talent around in the W-L column

Kampman for President
06-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Bucks seem very interested in UCLA guard Russell Westbrook and West Virginia forward Joe Alexander

I'd hate to take Alexander. I'm not racist and I don't want to offend anybody, but if I were a GM picking in the lottery I wouldn't take a white player.

I'd love to trade Redd, Villy, Mo, and maybe even Bogut.

princefielder28
06-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I'd hate to take Alexander. I'm not racist and I don't want to offend anybody, but if I were a GM picking in the lottery I wouldn't take a white player.

I'd love to trade Redd, Villy, Mo, and maybe even Bogut.

You don't trade Bogut....it's hard to find stability at the 5 position in the NBA. I'd be willing to start over in the backcourt and if we go that direction then Russell Westbrook will be the pick. Charlie V has never really progressed like many were hopeful for from the former McDonald's All-American.

As far as selecting Alexander, what sets him and Westbrook apart from others being considered is their toughness. With Scott Skiles stepping in the team will be expected to take more of a tough, defensive minded philosophy and this team certainly lacks that. Mo Williams and Michael Redd are not considered tough by any stretch of the imagination and Simmons and Bogut are the only players who may see a considerable amount of playing time in the frontcourt who can be considered tough and relied upon defensively.

Kampman for President
06-20-2008, 11:08 PM
You don't trade Bogut....it's hard to find stability at the 5 position in the NBA. I'd be willing to start over in the backcourt and if we go that direction then Russell Westbrook will be the pick. Charlie V has never really progressed like many were hopeful for from the former McDonald's All-American.

As far as selecting Alexander, what sets him and Westbrook apart from others being considered is their toughness. With Scott Skiles stepping in the team will be expected to take more of a tough, defensive minded philosophy and this team certainly lacks that. Mo Williams and Michael Redd are not considered tough by any stretch of the imagination and Simmons and Bogut are the only players who may see a considerable amount of playing time in the frontcourt who can be considered tough and relied upon defensively.

Exactally. Bogut isn't a big defensive presence in the paint. He blocked ALOT more shots this year, but he isn't that dominate low post player. This is his contract year so its like how much do you pay a guy like him?

I doubt that Westbrook even makes it out of the top 5 so we'd have to trade up to get him.

princefielder28
06-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Exactally. Bogut isn't a big defensive presence in the paint. He blocked ALOT more shots this year, but he isn't that dominate low post player. This is his contract year so its like how much do you pay a guy like him?

I doubt that Westbrook even makes it out of the top 5 so we'd have to trade up to get him.

Westbrook not making it out of the Top 5? Rose and Beasley are the big two, minnesota will go mayo or gallinari, seattle goes bayless and memphis is going to go big with their of Gasol

Kampman for President
06-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Westbrook not making it out of the Top 5? Rose and Beasley are the big two, minnesota will go mayo or gallinari, seattle goes bayless and memphis is going to go big with their of Gasol

Uh no. Gallinari wants to play in a large market. He has already threatened to go back to Italy if he doesn't go to a team like the Knicks or Nets.

I'd suggest that you don't read the ESPN and SI mocks so much. They are never right.

princefielder28
06-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Uh no. Gallinari wants to play in a large market. He has already threatened to go back to Italy if he doesn't go to a team like the Knicks or Nets.

I'd suggest that you don't read the ESPN and SI mocks so much. They are never right.

So Minnesota goes with Mayo and still Westbrook isn't in the top 5.....

Kampman for President
06-21-2008, 10:59 AM
So Minnesota goes with Mayo and still Westbrook isn't in the top 5.....

He won't be a Buck unless we trade up, guaranteed.

princefielder28
06-21-2008, 11:06 AM
He won't be a Buck unless we trade up, guaranteed.

The Knicks are the only team ahead of us that would take him

Kampman for President
06-21-2008, 11:15 AM
The Knicks are the only team ahead of us that would take him

Says who? Like I said, mocks are mocks.

princefielder28
06-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Says who? Like I said, mocks are mocks.

You look at team needs and what is available and who fits the various systems.

1. Chicago Bulls : It's going to be either Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley. I think it'll be rose because Hinrich isn't a prototypical PG and Rose is a game changer from day one. Plus with Deng at the 3 and Tyrus Thomas/Drew Gooden at the 4 Beasley doesn't really fit.

2. Miami Heat : They need someone in the backcourt next to D Wade so they could go OJ Mayo, but with Marion only having one year remaining on his contract the Heat may look for a long term answer at their 3 position.

3. Minnesota Timberwolves : If Michael Beasley falls to 3 then it's a slam dunk it'll be him, but if not then look at OJ Mayo. The Wolves lack a go to scorer and Mayo can bring instant offense at the 1 or 2 with Randy Foye being his backcourt mate.

4. Seattle Sonics : Seattle has repeatedly drafted big men in the first round and have never solidified their point guard position. Luke Ridnour was suppose to be that guy, but he was a bust and was moved by the team quite some time ago. Jerryd Bayless is the second best true point guard in this draft and he can be a team's floor general right away and score at a more effective rate sooner in his career than Rose.

5. Memphis Grizzles : They drafted Mike Conley last year and even traded for Tavaris Crittenton so they are well off at the PG position. Mike Miller has been a stud for them at 2 position and even JCN was solid off the bench for them this past season. Rudy *** is a flat out stud and the future of this franchise at the 3. Hakim Warrick is a nice player at the 4 position and Darko Milicic, the 5, could even play the four position depending on where they decide to go in the draft. I think this pick comes down to UCLA PF Kevin Love or Stanford C Brook Lopez. When you move someone the caliber of a Pau Gasol then you have to eventually get someone to replace him.

6. New York Knicks : The Knicks could go in any direction with D'Antoni and his style in the Big Apple now. Russell Westbrook could be their option here and has the ability to play either the 1 or 2 in D'Antoni's system. Jamal Crawford has one spot in the backcourt locked up. Wilson Chandler was the choice last year for Thomas and whether he fits their long term plans has yet to be determined. The 3 spot could be addressed by the Knicks with someone like Joe Alexander or Anthony Randolph. David Lee is a nice young player and with the immovable contract of Zach Randolph the Knicks have really no choice but to go forward with those two at the 4. Eddy Curry is the five and he may fit D'Antoni's system, but if not then they could go with a Brook Lopez if they so desire. I believe this pick comes down to UCLA PG/SG Russell Westbrook, West Virginia SF Joe Alexander, LSU SF/PF Anthony Randolph, or Stanford C Brook Lopez.

7. Los Angeles Clippers : This pick comes down to the 2 or 3 position. Shaun Livingston just got cleared to resume basketball and with Brevin Knight there they will not address the PG position in the lottery. Chris Kaman is their big man and Elton Brand is their 4 at the moment and if he decides to move on then they move to last year's first rounder Al Thornton. Cuttino Mobley is the incumbent at the 2 position with little depth behind him. He has two years remaining on his deal and will probably move on after that. Insert Eric Gordon, a sharpshooter who can be a team's go to scorer within a few years. Corey Magette is the incumbent at the 3 position, and 2008 is the last season in which he is signed with the Clippers. I guarantee he wants a chance to win so the odds of resigning with the clippers are slim; he could very well be traded this offseason, and again little depth behind him. Joe Alexander becomes an option here too and maybe even Danilo Gallinari, but I think the Clippers will be looking for an indivudal who has the ability to put up points quickly. This pick comes down to two players : Indiana SG Eric Gordon or West Virginia SF Joe Alexander.

Next the Milwaukee Bucks....any questions?

Kampman for President
06-21-2008, 04:07 PM
You look at team needs and what is available and who fits the various systems.

1. Chicago Bulls : It's going to be either Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley. I think it'll be rose because Hinrich isn't a prototypical PG and Rose is a game changer from day one. Plus with Deng at the 3 and Tyrus Thomas/Drew Gooden at the 4 Beasley doesn't really fit.

2. Miami Heat : They need someone in the backcourt next to D Wade so they could go OJ Mayo, but with Marion only having one year remaining on his contract the Heat may look for a long term answer at their 3 position.

3. Minnesota Timberwolves : If Michael Beasley falls to 3 then it's a slam dunk it'll be him, but if not then look at OJ Mayo. The Wolves lack a go to scorer and Mayo can bring instant offense at the 1 or 2 with Randy Foye being his backcourt mate.

4. Seattle Sonics : Seattle has repeatedly drafted big men in the first round and have never solidified their point guard position. Luke Ridnour was suppose to be that guy, but he was a bust and was moved by the team quite some time ago. Jerryd Bayless is the second best true point guard in this draft and he can be a team's floor general right away and score at a more effective rate sooner in his career than Rose.

5. Memphis Grizzles : They drafted Mike Conley last year and even traded for Tavaris Crittenton so they are well off at the PG position. Mike Miller has been a stud for them at 2 position and even JCN was solid off the bench for them this past season. Rudy *** is a flat out stud and the future of this franchise at the 3. Hakim Warrick is a nice player at the 4 position and Darko Milicic, the 5, could even play the four position depending on where they decide to go in the draft. I think this pick comes down to UCLA PF Kevin Love or Stanford C Brook Lopez. When you move someone the caliber of a Pau Gasol then you have to eventually get someone to replace him.

6. New York Knicks : The Knicks could go in any direction with D'Antoni and his style in the Big Apple now. Russell Westbrook could be their option here and has the ability to play either the 1 or 2 in D'Antoni's system. Jamal Crawford has one spot in the backcourt locked up. Wilson Chandler was the choice last year for Thomas and whether he fits their long term plans has yet to be determined. The 3 spot could be addressed by the Knicks with someone like Joe Alexander or Anthony Randolph. David Lee is a nice young player and with the immovable contract of Zach Randolph the Knicks have really no choice but to go forward with those two at the 4. Eddy Curry is the five and he may fit D'Antoni's system, but if not then they could go with a Brook Lopez if they so desire. I believe this pick comes down to UCLA PG/SG Russell Westbrook, West Virginia SF Joe Alexander, LSU SF/PF Anthony Randolph, or Stanford C Brook Lopez.

7. Los Angeles Clippers : This pick comes down to the 2 or 3 position. Shaun Livingston just got cleared to resume basketball and with Brevin Knight there they will not address the PG position in the lottery. Chris Kaman is their big man and Elton Brand is their 4 at the moment and if he decides to move on then they move to last year's first rounder Al Thornton. Cuttino Mobley is the incumbent at the 2 position with little depth behind him. He has two years remaining on his deal and will probably move on after that. Insert Eric Gordon, a sharpshooter who can be a team's go to scorer within a few years. Corey Magette is the incumbent at the 3 position, and 2008 is the last season in which he is signed with the Clippers. I guarantee he wants a chance to win so the odds of resigning with the clippers are slim; he could very well be traded this offseason, and again little depth behind him. Joe Alexander becomes an option here too and maybe even Danilo Gallinari, but I think the Clippers will be looking for an indivudal who has the ability to put up points quickly. This pick comes down to two players : Indiana SG Eric Gordon or West Virginia SF Joe Alexander.

Next the Milwaukee Bucks....any questions?

lol, teams generally draft on talent/potential in the lottery. Any more questions?

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 08:16 AM
lol, teams generally draft on talent/potential in the lottery. Any more questions?

There's a point where you draft for potential, but a team isn't going to draft a position where they already have a youngster in place and hinder his development

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 10:59 AM
There's a point where you draft for potential, but a team isn't going to draft a position where they already have a youngster in place and hinder his development

Happens all the time. Last year the Bucks took Yi after trading for CV the year before.

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Happens all the time. Last year the Bucks took Yi after trading for CV the year before.

The Bucks were planning on Charlie playing the 4 and Yi playing the 3 when they drafted Yi last year so that's not a legit example

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 01:28 PM
The Bucks were planning on Charlie playing the 4 and Yi playing the 3 when they drafted Yi last year so that's not a legit example

So that's why Yi started at the 4 when he played up until he got injured?

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 01:31 PM
So that's why Yi started at the 4 when he played up until he got injured?

That was Harris and Krystkowiak's plan when Yi was drafted...obviously it didn't completely turn out that way, but there is a prime example of why those two no longer have jobs with this organization

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 01:35 PM
That was Harris and Krystkowiak's plan when Yi was drafted...obviously it didn't completely turn out that way, but there is a prime example of why those two no longer have jobs with this organization

Eh, I'm pretty certain it was Yi always going to be at the 4. That was the contraversy at the time of the draft because we already had CV and Yi didn't want to play in Milwaukee so many thought that we'd pass. Drafted Yi was to solidify our backcourt with Bogut.

Thats why many mocks project the Bucks taking a SF or G.

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Either way I'm just hoping that the Bucks are major players come Thursday. We need to dismantle the waste and get down to our core future players. Redd needs to go no matter what IMO. The Bucks play more as a team when he was out of the lineup instead of forcing it to Redd when he's in the lineup.

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Either way I'm just hoping that the Bucks are major players come Thursday. We need to dismantle the waste and get down to our core future players. Redd needs to go no matter what IMO. The Bucks play more as a team when he was out of the lineup instead of forcing it to Redd when he's in the lineup.

I would be for moving Redd as well....there's been talks of the Bucks trading up to 3 and using Charlie V as the piece to get up there

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 02:07 PM
I would be for moving Redd as well....there's been talks of the Bucks trading up to 3 and using Charlie V as the piece to get up there

I'd like that alot, especially if we could keep our #8 pick. I'd like to package Redd/Mo to the Heat for their #2 pick and take either Beasley or Rose. That way we'd have a new face for the future. If its Beasley we still have Sessions and Bell to run the point and if its Rose we have a team leader who can dish the ball and score.

umphrey
06-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Getting Beasley would be a dream. Rose would be awesome too. Just too good to happen to us IMO.

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Getting Beasley would be a dream. Rose would be awesome too. Just too good to happen to us IMO.

Haha true. I think that Beasley would be a great fit for us but I don't see us trading up with Miami to get him. But you never know. Come Thursday we'll get the first look at how Hammond is going to go about rebuilding the Bucks and I for one cannot wait.

Kampman for President
06-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Joe Alexander made a second visit to the Bucks on Monday, although it was unannounced. The team only acknowledged his presence after the media saw Alexander in house. He's projected by many to be going to the Bucks with the No. 8 pick, so the fact he got another look makes sense. The Bucks also reportedly have interest in Anthony Randolph.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/archive/2008/06/23/alexander-makes-another-visit.aspx

princefielder28
06-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Joe Alexander made a second visit to the Bucks on Monday, although it was unannounced. The team only acknowledged his presence after the media saw Alexander in house. He's projected by many to be going to the Bucks with the No. 8 pick, so the fact he got another look makes sense. The Bucks also reportedly have interest in Anthony Randolph.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/archive/2008/06/23/alexander-makes-another-visit.aspx

hmmmm....gonna be the pick?

Kampman for President
06-23-2008, 07:36 PM
hmmmm....gonna be the pick?

Might be. I'd prefer someone with a little higher upside though.

Chad Ford says the Bucks are trying to move to up as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-080623

princefielder28
06-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Might be. I'd prefer someone with a little higher upside though.

Chad Ford says the Bucks are trying to move to up as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-080623

That's a very interesting mock by Mr. Ford

Kampman for President
06-23-2008, 07:41 PM
That's a very interesting mock by Mr. Ford

Really shakes up what his past mocks. Thats why I don't really take much stock into NBA mocks. There's so much trading that goes on its hard to find much substance.

I like that he says the Bucks might have the best chance of trading up to #3. I think that Hammond wants OJ Mayo pretty badly.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 07:45 AM
I am really anxious to see what the bucks are going to do tonight as far as wheeling and dealing

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 02:37 PM
BUCKS TRADE

Milwaukee receives SF Richard Jefferson from the Nets for PF Yi Jianlian and SF Bobby Simmons

GB12
06-26-2008, 03:36 PM
BUCKS TRADE

Milwaukee receives SF Richard Jefferson from the Nets for PF Yi Jianlian and SF Bobby Simmons
Wow, great trade. Get rid of an unhappy player, an underperforming player with a huge contract, and solve the SF position. Good job by Hammond fixing Larry Harris' mistakes.

Also this most likely means we won't draft Alexander which is an extra bonus.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow, great trade. Get rid of an unhappy player, an underperforming player with a huge contract, and solve the SF position. Good job by Hammond fixing Larry Harris' mistakes.

Also this most likely means we won't draft Alexander which is an extra bonus.

We will and Alexander will play the 4

GB12
06-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Eh, I just don't see it happening. I know there's been a lot of talk about taking him and we've shown interest in him, but I think we go elsewhere. With Yi gone I think we'll go for the high potential pick in Anthony Randolph. I know acquiring Jefferson could mean a win now approach, but I think the potential of Randolph is too much to pass on for the immediate impact of Alexander.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Eh, I just don't see it happening. I know there's been a lot of talk about taking him and we've shown interest in him, but I think we go elsewhere. With Yi gone I think we'll go for the high potential pick in Anthony Randolph. I know acquiring Jefferson could mean a win now approach, but I think the potential of Randolph is too much to pass on for the immediate impact of Alexander.

I would be very open to Randolph being the selection and his potential is great, but I don't know if he has the toughness, or will evr have the toughness, to work in Skiles' system

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 05:00 PM
I would be very open to Randolph being the selection and his potential is great, but I don't know if he has the toughness, or will evr have the toughness, to work in Skiles' system

I agree. If Alexander is there we take him. I'd love to trade up and get one of the top 3 or 4 players.

Personally I'm kind of sad that we gave up on Yi already. He showed some flashes and with all the **** that we went through to sign him it just sucks seeing him go after 1 year. At least we dumped Simmons but we're out a lottery pick and pick up a high salary player in Jefferson. Looks like the Bucks want to win now which kind of eliminates Randolph IMO. I really think we'll be looking to trade up for a PG.

GB12
06-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I would have liked to move up for Westbrook, but it seems the Clippers already did that.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 05:24 PM
I would have liked to move up for Westbrook, but it seems the Clippers already did that.

Ramon Sessions should be given the PG job, and I hope Mo Williams is moved tonight

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 05:39 PM

Not according to ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-080626

GB12
06-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Not according to ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-080626
Wow, well I sure hope he's right then. If we could stay at 8 and get a PG that'd be great.

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow, well I sure hope he's right then. If we could stay at 8 and get a PG that'd be great.

Same here. I really want Westbrook or to move up for Mayo.

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Well there goes Westbrook.

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Thank you Knicks! Hopefully the Bucks take either Bayless or Gordon. Bayless would be ideal at this point IMO.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Thank you Knicks! Hopefully the Bucks take either Bayless or Gordon. Bayless would be ideal at this point IMO.

If they take Bayless they better have a deal set up for moving Mo Williams out of town

mqtirishfan
06-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Why trade for a SF then draft a SF in the same day?

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 07:21 PM

Alexander will play PF. I don't like the pick. He's a stiff whereas Bayless has potential to be a top PG.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 07:21 PM

for the last time....he will play the 4

GB12
06-26-2008, 07:23 PM
for the last time....he will play the 4
Just like we tried to do with Yi and Villanueva. He's a 3 and shouldn't be forced to be a PF.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Just like we tried to do with Yi and Villanueva. He's a 3 and shouldn't be forced to be a PF.

it's a system thing...he has the size, strength, and athletic ability to compete with 4s at this level and will fit nicely in Skiles' system

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 08:07 PM
it's a system thing...he has the size, strength, and athletic ability to compete with 4s at this level and will fit nicely in Skiles' system

You were right, I was wrong. :D

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 08:28 PM
It'll be interesting to see who is available for the Bucks at 37....They are set at the 1,4, and 5 so they'll probably look at a young 2, maybe 3.

Look for Gary Forbes to be the pick

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 09:05 PM
It'll be interesting to see who is available for the Bucks at 37....They are set at the 1,4, and 5 so they'll probably look at a young 2, maybe 3.

Look for Gary Forbes to be the pick

I'd like to see a backup center. Get rid of Gadz.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 09:18 PM
I'd like to see a backup center. Get rid of Gadz.

Gadzuric brings it on the defensive end though and with three years remaining on his not so attractive deal it may be hard to move him

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Gadzuric brings it on the defensive end though and with three years remaining on his not so attractive deal it may be hard to move him

But who thought that we'd be able to move Bobby Simmons? Gadz could be used to even out the salaries of another trade for a veteran player.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 09:35 PM
But who thought that we'd be able to move Bobby Simmons? Gadz could be used to even out the salaries of another trade for a veteran player.

I didn't think a team would be willing to take Simmons so you bring up a point, but not every GM is as questionable at decision making as Kiki

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 09:40 PM
I'd like to see DeAndre Jordan selected by us....he could sit forever and when he finally develops the Bucks could move Bogut to the 4 and have Alexander at the 3

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I'd like to see DeAndre Jordan selected by us....he could sit forever and when he finally develops the Bucks could move Bogut to the 4 and have Alexander at the 3

That's what I'm thinking about. Gives us some flexibility with Bogut being a free agent after the season too. I just wonder if Hammond is willing to take on a project?

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 09:44 PM
That's what I'm thinking about. Gives us some flexibility with Bogut being a free agent after the season too. I just wonder if Hammond is willing to take on a project?

why not??? It's a 2nd round pick and we don't necessarily have to fill a major backup need with Sessions, Bell, Mason, Villanueva, and Gadzuric here

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 09:52 PM
why not??? It's a 2nd round pick and we don't necessarily have to fill a major backup need with Sessions, Bell, Mason, Villanueva, and Gadzuric here

Because he appears to want high effort guys who can contribute right away. Jordan is raw so he likely wouldn't have played that much, if at all as a rookie. Moot point now that the Clippers got him.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Because he appears to want high effort guys who can contribute right away. Jordan is raw so he likely wouldn't have played that much, if at all as a rookie. Moot point now that the Clippers got him.

Forbes will be the pick now, IMO.

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Forbes will be the pick now, IMO.

Chris Dougles-Roberts for me

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 09:58 PM
lol, someone actually predicted this pick in a 2 round mock.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute = defense

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute = defense

We'll have to nickname him "mamba"

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Ah, reportedly he was drafted for Miami.

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Ah, reportedly he was drafted for Miami.

i hope we sent Mo Williams with him :)

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Now they are saying its a misprint and that he's still a Buck. It was Chalmers that was traded, not Mamba.

princefielder28
06-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Bucks current Depth Chart

PG : Mo Williams | Ramon Sessions
SG : Michael Redd | Charlie Bell
SF : Richard Jefferson | Luc Richard Mbah a Moute | Desmond Mason
PF : Joe Alexander | Charlie Villanueva
C ; Andrew Bogut | Dan Gadzuric

Smokey
06-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Alexander will play PF. I don't like the pick. He's a stiff whereas Bayless has potential to be a top PG.

Alexander is no stiff. I went to WVU and followed the kid's rise and he's a local product here in Maryland as well.

He's an athlete, no doubt, but has been a bit of a one year wonder, really coming on in the later half of last season. But he's got an excellent motor and a serious competitive streak.

He could definitely use good fundamantal coaching and it will definitely take some time to get the kid's best. He'll get schooled for a few years by better and more experienced players but I have hopes he'll develop into an excellent player.

Kampman for President
06-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Alexander is no stiff. I went to WVU and followed the kid's rise and he's a local product here in Maryland as well.

He's an athlete, no doubt, but has been a bit of a one year wonder, really coming on in the later half of last season. But he's got an excellent motor and a serious competitive streak.

He could definitely use good fundamantal coaching and it will definitely take some time to get the kid's best. He'll get schooled for a few years by better and more experienced players but I have hopes he'll develop into an excellent player.

I meant stiff laterally. Yes he's athletic but but I don't see the quickness needed to become a consistant scoring option or defender. Hopefully he works out for us though.

EvilMonkey
06-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Bucks current Depth Chart

PG : Mo Williams | Ramon Sessions
SG : Michael Redd | Charlie Bell
SF : Richard Jefferson | Luc Richard Mbah a Moute | Desmond Mason
PF : Joe Alexander | Charlie Villanueva
C ; Andrew Bogut | Dan Gadzuric

I think CV gets the nod over Alexander at the 4, at least at the start of the year. I like Alexander's potential as a possible undersized spot-up 4 but the guy was a SF in college and I dont see him transitioning super-fast to that position and taking the job from CV right away. I wouldnt doubt he could take the starting spot by the end of the year, just skeptical that he'll get it immediately.

Either way, if these guys can play together and learn a little defense we could have a real nice team next year. Jefferson is just so solid at the 3 and just solidifies that position so much. I wont have to worry about seeing CV at the 4 and Yi playing the 3 anymore or anything like that and no bobby simmons with much less Desmond Mason the way it looks, instead for 35 minutes a night, Jefferson is playing there.

I hope we can make some more trades or something to get one more solid big guy in there as a backup. Not a superstar or anything but something like a PJ Brown-type player where he wont be great or anything, but can handle being a solid backup at the 4 or 5 and I wont have to watch Gadz in there as much and pull hair out in disgust...

princefielder28
06-29-2008, 08:56 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NBA&majteam=MLW

Mo Williams still could be on the move

I think Miami remains a possible landing spot for Mo. I imagine the Bucks would get a deal back including PG Marcus Banks, who would actually fit Skiles defensive oriented style very well.

EvilMonkey
06-29-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NBA&majteam=MLW

Mo Williams still could be on the move

I think Miami remains a possible landing spot for Mo. I imagine the Bucks would get a deal back including PG Marcus Banks, who would actually fit Skiles defensive oriented style very well.

If Mo is dealt, Miami still seems like a good fit in terms of what we need in return. I still think we need a more defensive rebounding oriented PF on the roster since all we have are spot-up, offensive-type PFs and Haslem could fit that mold well, especially with him becoming quite expendable with the drafting of Beasley. Mo's got a 7.5 mil cap figure and Haslem is a little over 6, so it wouldnt be hard to make the deal work with some fillers and us getting maybe draft picks or something along with the deal.

Kampman for President
06-29-2008, 11:00 AM
If Mo is dealt, Miami still seems like a good fit in terms of what we need in return. I still think we need a more defensive rebounding oriented PF on the roster since all we have are spot-up, offensive-type PFs and Haslem could fit that mold well, especially with him becoming quite expendable with the drafting of Beasley. Mo's got a 7.5 mil cap figure and Haslem is a little over 6, so it wouldnt be hard to make the deal work with some fillers and us getting maybe draft picks or something along with the deal.

I'm pretty sure that Alexander will play the 4 this year and he is that defensive minded rebounder. I also don't know if we'll even try to move Mo. If Hammond is trying to build the Bucks like the Pistons, then Mo is pretty much like a Chauncey Billups.

princefielder28
06-29-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that Alexander will play the 4 this year and he is that defensive minded rebounder. I also don't know if we'll even try to move Mo. If Hammond is trying to build the Bucks like the Pistons, then Mo is pretty much like a Chauncey Billups.

With the addition of Richard Jefferson, Hammond wants a PG who can distribute the ball and isn't looking to make sure that he gets his fair share of shots in a game....Mo is too offensive minded at the PG spot for Milwaukee

Kampman for President
06-29-2008, 12:52 PM
With the addition of Richard Jefferson, Hammond wants a PG who can distribute the ball and isn't looking to make sure that he gets his fair share of shots in a game....Mo is too offensive minded at the PG spot for Milwaukee

Yeah I knew that, but if you look at the stats of Mo Williams and Chauncey Billups you'd see very simular. Maybe they think they can change Mo into a player like Billups? Thats what I was trying to get at.

The Heat wanted Rose as well because they wanted a player who can distribute the ball. Just as you described Mo, he just isn't that kind of player.

I think we all like Sessions and would like to see his role expand. But if we can trade Mo I'd be all for it. I'm confident in a Sessions/Bell backcourt.

Where do you think Alexander will play this year? Starter? Stats?

Sportsfan486
07-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I was so happy to see Simmons and Yi go.. and Richard Jefferson is just a really nice pickup.

I'm worried some about the 4 position, as I think everyone is.. hopefully Alexander can surprise us or CV can step up. I think we've got a solid team right now and if we can avoid injuries (ha...ha...) we'll definitely make the playoffs and maybe even compete for homecourt in the first round!

Greg Jennings FTW!
07-02-2008, 10:08 PM
late, but I agree. Yi and Simmons for Richard Jefferson is a steal. As far as Alexander goes I wasn't really high on that pick at all. Yeah we needed a small forward but it bothers me to think we passed up on Jarryd Bayliss for this guy, I wanted a Guard to make Redd expendible because he needs to go. I would have rather had Donte Green even than Alexander. But it is what it is.

princefielder28
07-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Bucks are close to locking up Andrew Bogut for five more years at the cost of 72 mil.

GB12
07-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Good move. He's not a great center like you'd hope for from a #1 pick, but he is a good player and there aren't a lot of them at that position. If we lost Bogut we'd be looking a long time for a new center.

EvilMonkey
07-17-2008, 03:50 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/archive/2008/07/17/lue-allen-bring-reserve-strength.aspx

Not huge moves or anything, but we signed Tyronn Lue and Malik Allen today. Allen played for 2 years with Skiles in Chicago and is a nice reserve big to have and Lue is a nice, experienced backup PG. Not big moves or anything, but I'd rather have veteran backups than unproven guys, should know what we're getting with them.

EvilMonkey
08-13-2008, 07:19 AM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/archive/2008/08/12/mo-might-go-in-three-team-trade.aspx

Mo might be traded in a 3-way deal with Cleveland and the Sonics. We get Luke Ridnour in the rumored deal. Not sure how I feel about this one, Ridnour could be a great fit and is a true PG, so I guess it would make sense to have him, but I always hoped Mo could stop being a selfish PG and develop into something great.

princefielder28
08-13-2008, 08:03 AM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/archive/2008/08/12/mo-might-go-in-three-team-trade.aspx

Mo might be traded in a 3-way deal with Cleveland and the Sonics. We get Luke Ridnour in the rumored deal. Not sure how I feel about this one, Ridnour could be a great fit and is a true PG, so I guess it would make sense to have him, but I always hoped Mo could stop being a selfish PG and develop into something great.

I would be so happy to get rid of his ugly contract and get a truer PG in there

princefielder28
08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Done Deal

Bucks get : PG Luke Ridnour, PG Damon Jones, and SG Adrian Griffin
Cavs get : PG Mo Williams
Thunder get : PF Joe Smith and SF Desmond Mason

princefielder28
10-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Season starts tonight!

Whistler6
12-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Soo thoughts on the season? With Micheal Redd back and the team finally getting healthy, they have had a couple solid wins lately. If the Bucks can continue to gel.. I see no reason they don't squeak in the 7th or 8th seed in a weak conference.

I'd like to see more of Joe Alexander, but he just looks to immature as a pro thus far. Did I just say thus?

princefielder28
12-24-2008, 09:51 AM
This team has the talent to make one of the top eight seeds in the East, but they lack one more game changer, who could make them legit contenders.

princefielder28
01-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Bucks Trade Rumors

PG Ramon Sessions and SF Joe Alexander heading to Memphis for PG Mike Conley

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jan/11/grizzlies-mike-conley-still-on-trading-block/?partner=RSS

GB12
01-11-2009, 12:23 PM
The Bucks are such a joke.

EvilMonkey
01-14-2009, 03:01 PM
nice article on MBah-A-Moute
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/steve_aschburner/01/13/moute/index.html

him and bogut are probably the core for the future. I love Luc so much, he can develop into a like 14 and 7 type guy (maybe even more than that) while being a defensive stopper for us for years to come.

Whistler6
01-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Bucks Trade Rumors

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jan/11/grizzlies-mike-conley-still-on-trading-block/?partner=RSS

I like that possibility. I don't know enough about how Conley has been doing, but it's pretty clear the Bucks don't have room for Alexander on this team.

But yes, they are kind of a joke.. They are competing which is nice to see for once, but it will be a while before the Bucks are taken seriously.

EvilMonkey
01-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Bucks Trade Rumors

if we get their 1st rounder next year with it that wouldnt be the worst trade ever.

narf029
01-15-2009, 11:22 AM
It would be the best trade ever. Ramon Sessions and a Joe Alexander for a PG with way more potential than Sessions, and a first round pick in the top 5ish? I doubt Memphis would do that without making it top 10 protected.

Whistler6
01-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Hello Charlie V.. He dropped 30+ tonight in a big win vs Dallas.

EvilMonkey
01-25-2009, 04:13 PM
redd out for the year
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/

princefielder28
01-25-2009, 05:03 PM
redd out for the year
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/

yeah that hurts alot and I think we can expect Charlie V to be moved

umphrey
01-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Off topic:
Stephon Curry is awesome he is my second favorite basketball player ever (Dwayne Wade). If we draft him I'll actually watch the NBA

38IOq-z9IAM

(youtube linking is cool)

Whistler6
01-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Curry is a lot of fun to watch.. Still in my opinion I just don't see him becoming legit in the NBA. I am nowhere near and expert or know what Scouts do, but he seems to be a pure shooter/scorer who will be a little too small and a little too slow when he reaches the pros. It wouldn't be the worst pick for the Bucks though. Coule be fun to watch.

Regarding this season, it's a big time bummer to see Redd go down. They were sitting 8th and looked to be only getting better. With his injury being season ending, I think they are done. No chance of competing now.. I guess it's another lost season hovering between the basement and the "okay" teams.

princefielder28
01-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Stephen Curry is a sick shooter but he doesn't have the size/build to be a big time player. I see him going late lottery when he enters the draft, and if that's this year then the Bucks will be drafting to high to take him for a good value.

princefielder28
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Bogut may be out for the remainder of the season w/ a bad back. This team is headed south real quick.

PackerLegend
02-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Wow King James is insane.

princefielder28
02-22-2009, 10:09 PM
How do the Bucks keep doing what they do minus Redd and Bogut?

the_legend_killer
02-22-2009, 10:16 PM
How do the Bucks keep doing what they do minus Redd and Bogut?

By the sheer will of Dan Gadzuric.

Whistler6
02-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Ramon Session, one word: B-a-l-l-e-r

It's hard to actually get to watch the Bucks play, because well they are never relevant and don't get national recognition. But they are playing good basketball right now. It really is a shame Redd and Bogut are hurt. Playoffs are in sight, but I don't seem them winning a game once they get there.

Whistler6
04-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Can someone tell me why I root for Mo Williams when watching the Cavs??? He was selfish on the Bucks and didn't want to play here, so I hated the guy. I have no explanation, but everytime he drains a 3 for Cleveland I'm somewhat excited.

princefielder28
04-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Can someone tell me why I root for Mo Williams when watching the Cavs??? He was selfish on the Bucks and didn't want to play here, so I hated the guy. I have no explanation, but everytime he drains a 3 for Cleveland I'm somewhat excited.

He's got a connection to a team that you root for and you want to see him as a key contributor and key addition to a team that is tops in the league.

princefielder28
04-10-2009, 03:41 PM
wrong thread :(

umphrey
04-17-2009, 01:32 AM
So is Joe Alexander going to end up a Joe Schmo who doesn't do anything in the NBA?

princefielder28
05-11-2009, 02:44 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the Bucks' management decides to work this off-season

Current Depth Chart

PG :: R. Sessions | L. Ridnour
SG :: M. Redd | C. Bell | S. Stoudamire
SF :: R. Jefferson | J. Alexander
PF :: C. Villanueva | L.R. Mbah a Moute | M. Allen
C :: A. Bogut | D. Gadzuric | F. Elson

The big thing will be whether or not the team wants to give up their future for a chance to win this year. There's a chance that 2009-10 is Redd's last season as a Buck, seeing as he has a player option for the following season. I feel that he'll pick up the option but you never know. Another thing is the point guard position, how happy are they with Sessions? I like Ramon and think he's definitely capable of being this team's PG. When it comes to the draft I think the pick will come down to a SG, who has big time potential and may be the face of this franchise after Redd, or a PF, who brings more physicality and is a better fit for the position.

princefielder28
05-28-2009, 08:37 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/46403692.html

Bucks looking at Jrue Holiday.

It makes sense b/c Holiday is a combo guard who plays tough defense and is full of potential. Alexander was a potential pick last year and that mau be the route that Hammond decides to go with again.

Whistler6
05-31-2009, 04:25 PM

It makes sense b/c Holiday is a combo guard who plays tough defense and is full of potential. Alexander was a potential pick last year and that mau be the route that Hammond decides to go with again.

After reading your post, I looked up some articlels about Holiday. According to reports from the NBA combine, he looks pretty solid:

Point guards

Nine point guards ranked in our Top 30 participated in the first workout of the day: Jrue Holiday, Jonny Flynn, Stephen Curry, Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, Darren Collison, Patrick Mills and Toney Douglas. The workout was, by far, the highlight of the camp so far.

Holiday
"I think it was really important to see all of the top point guard prospects on the floor at the same time," one NBA GM told me. "You could measure up guys, compare speed, jump shots and athleticism. It's a small piece of the puzzle, but it helped our staff get a little separation on these guys. That's going to make our job easier."

Four players really seemed to catch the attention of the GMs I spoke with after the event, with UCLA's Jrue Holiday garnering the most attention. He was the biggest point guard of the top group and seemed to tower over several of the smaller guys on the floor.

During one 3-on-2 full-court drill, Holiday looked like a power forward running on the wing. And while his size was impressive, so was his game. He was hitting his jump shot, finishing with both hands and showing versatility and an excellent handle.

"I was skeptical when I read the report out of IMG about Holiday," one NBA executive said. "Now I get it. That's the kid we fell in love with in high school. He was really impressive."

princefielder28
06-05-2009, 10:02 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/46853717.html

Charlie V wants to be a Cavalier.

cvv84
06-05-2009, 01:46 PM

I'd like Holiday but I think he's going to go in the 5-7 range now. Everyone is projecting the Bucks to go point guard but I think they could go shooting guard with a guy like DeMar DeRozan instead. Redd has 2 years left and can opt out of the 2rd year, becoming a free agent during the Summer of LeBron. Ridnour wasn't that bad where the Bucks need to make a change and you have to wonder with so many PGs in the draft, what will the market for Sessions really be? Maybe they could let Villanueva go and somehow retain Sessions - especially if they trade Ridnour's expiring contract.

Whistler6
06-05-2009, 11:49 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/46853717.html

Charlie V wants to be a Cavalier.

V wouldn't win them a championship. They need toughness..He's ugly and "tough looking", but not the inside presence inside they need.

I'm clueless, but just an opinion

cvv84
06-06-2009, 10:28 AM
V wouldn't win them a championship. They need toughness..He's ugly and "tough looking", but not the inside presence inside they need.

I'm clueless, but just an opinion

I'd agree with that. CV is a scorer, not a defender, and the last thing the Cavs need is another 1 dimensional player and especially 1 thats just a scorer. I just wonder how the Bucks situation would be if they traded Redd to the Cavs a few years ago.

I guess its really a moot point though because the Bucks don't want to spend over the cap to retain him.

princefielder28
06-06-2009, 11:05 AM
I'd agree with that. CV is a scorer, not a defender, and the last thing the Cavs need is another 1 dimensional player and especially 1 thats just a scorer. I just wonder how the Bucks situation would be if they traded Redd to the Cavs a few years ago.

I guess its really a moot point though because the Bucks don't want to spend over the cap to retain him.

The Bucks' future looks so bad right now. I don't see Redd staying here after this season; he'll take advantage of an active market in 2010 and try to play for a winner. Richard Jefferson is on the back end of his career and we have bad money tied up in Gadzuric. This year looks like the best year to try and make the playoffs otherwise that time may be some ways down the road. Bogut, Alexander, and assuming we sign him long term, Sessions will be the core of this team moving forward. That's not good. I'm am hopeful that we can draft Tyreke Evans with the 10th pick and give ourselves a future face of the franchise. Although this draft isn't very deep, we need to capitalize on our two picks.

cvv84
06-06-2009, 11:28 AM
The Bucks' future looks so bad right now. I don't see Redd staying here after this season; he'll take advantage of an active market in 2010 and try to play for a winner. Richard Jefferson is on the back end of his career and we have bad money tied up in Gadzuric. This year looks like the best year to try and make the playoffs otherwise that time may be some ways down the road. Bogut, Alexander, and assuming we sign him long term, Sessions will be the core of this team moving forward. That's not good. I'm am hopeful that we can draft Tyreke Evans with the 10th pick and give ourselves a future face of the franchise. Although this draft isn't very deep, we need to capitalize on our two picks.

I wanted Redd gone 2-3 years ago. He's a very good player but his max contract hurt the rebuilding of the Bucks if you ask me. Jefferson is only 28 but he only has 2 years left on his contract. Signing Gadzuric to that big contract was a huge blunder by Larry Harris.

Sessions is nice but he looks like a Mo Williams clone with a better passing skills. Hammond wants guys who can score and defend so if Sessions leaves I wouldn't be too upset.

I like the core that's started but it all hinges on Bogut being able to stay healthy. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute has shown flashes and at the very least is a good 6th man. I'd really like to see Jefferson or Redd traded this offseason so we can free up money to re-sign Sessions and then draft a SG to replace Redd.

If the Bucks can free up money this offseason I don't think their future is that bad. If they can't it will take another year or 2 for them to be able to continue the rebuild - but will that be too late?

cvv84
06-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Chad Ford's latest mock draft has the Bucks taking combo guard Jrue Holiday. I'd love the pick but so much can happen in the top 10 at this point.

cvv84
06-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Richard Jefferson just traded to the Spurs for Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto.

Must be creating some cap space for either CV or Sessions. I'm guessing it will depend on the Bucks draft pick now, either a PG or PF.

princefielder28
06-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Richard Jefferson just traded to the Spurs for Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Fabricio Oberto.

Must be creating some cap space for either CV or Sessions. I'm guessing it will depend on the Bucks draft pick now, either a PG or PF.

Great trade for both teams. The Spurs window is closing with Duncan and Manu getting up in age and Jefferson gives them a big threat at the 3. The Bucks get rid of some big salary, thank god, and open up some money for this offseason.

cvv84
06-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Bucks general manager John Hammond was not done when he made the trade with the San Antonio Spurs earlier today, dealing Richard Jefferson for three players and providing financial relief.

A high-ranking Bucks source has told the Journal Sentinel that Fabricio Oberto, one of the three Spurs players acquired earlier, will be traded to the Detroit Pistons for power forward Amir Johnson.

The 22-year-old Johnson is a 6-foot-9, 210-pound forward who was a second-round pick of the Pistons in the 2005 draft. He averaged 3.5 points and 3.7 rebounds in 62 games with the Pistons last season.

Johnson started 24 games for Detroit last season and averaged 14.7 minutes per game.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/48933597.html

EvilMonkey
06-23-2009, 06:20 PM
nice moves, i would have traded Jefferson for Amir Johnson if the cap rules weren't there. We dump RJ's contract and end up with a raw young player who can compete at our PF spot, which we might need depending on what happens with CV.

cvv84
06-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Brandon Jennings is the Bucks pick. I'm a little suprised. I like his athleticism but he's real raw and I have to question his maturity.

princefielder28
06-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Brandon Jennings is the Bucks pick. I'm a little suprised. I like his athleticism but he's real raw and I have to question his maturity.

I don't question his maturity. He spent almost an entire year in a foreign country playing basketball with grown men. On JRIB the other day he went in-depth on the difficulties of his experience but it helped him grow up.

princefielder28
06-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Bucks have the chance to get a really good player in round 2

cvv84
06-25-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't question his maturity. He spent almost an entire year in a foreign country playing basketball with grown men. On JRIB the other day he went in-depth on the difficulties of his experience but it helped him grow up.

He barely played over there. Just because he choose to play overseas makes him more mature?

cvv84
06-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Bucks have the chance to get a really good player in round 2

Another guard in Jodie Meeks.

princefielder28
06-25-2009, 10:28 PM
He barely played over there. Smart thing would have been to go to school instead of bypassing it for quick buck overseas. He also called out Ricky Rubio. You need to hear him or see what he says on Twitter because he acts like a kid.

His SAT scores didn't come in quick enough so he needed to make a decision to sit out a year and workout or play overseas and we all know his choice. He did make a comment about Rubio, but he explained that he has respect for Ricky and he views himself as one of the best and no one is going to take that away from him. Overall, he's a good kid who's maturing.

I think your underestimating what living in a foreign country without your usual necessities available and facing all the adversity of being an American "baller" with all this grown European men.

cvv84
06-26-2009, 10:22 AM
His SAT scores didn't come in quick enough so he needed to make a decision to sit out a year and workout or play overseas and we all know his choice. He did make a comment about Rubio, but he explained that he has respect for Ricky and he views himself as one of the best and no one is going to take that away from him. Overall, he's a good kid who's maturing.

I think your underestimating what living in a foreign country without your usual necessities available and facing all the adversity of being an American "baller" with all this grown European men.

Jennings couldn't pass Arizona's entrance exam, after multiple attempts, thats why he elected to go to Italy.

I like the pick in the sense that the Bucks need a true star player. Jennings has a high ceiling but I wonder how long it will take for his game to develop. Personally I thought that Jrue Holiday would have been a better and safer pick. He's more polished and I thought that his defensive ability would appeal to the Bucks.

princefielder28
06-26-2009, 11:24 PM
For what it's worth, Skip Bayless is a big fan of the Bucks' draft.

umphrey
06-26-2009, 11:52 PM
bleh, I don't know much about Jennings except he averaged something like 5 ppg and 2 assists...awesome. We were the first team to pick a guy that didn't even show at the draft. I wanted Curry or Rubio really, but we could have at least taken Jrue.

cvv84
06-27-2009, 11:36 AM
For what it's worth, Skip Bayless is a big fan of the Bucks' draft.

I like our draft too. Both Jennings and Meeks have alot of potential but thats where the risk comes in. Higher the potential higher the risk and hopefully we'll get a high reward with Jennings.

On a different note, I see that the Bucks made a qualifying offer to Ramon Sessions. Its looking more and more like CV isn't going to be back.

bleh, I don't know much about Jennings except he averaged something like 5 ppg and 2 assists...awesome. We were the first team to pick a guy that didn't even show at the draft. I wanted Curry or Rubio really, but we could have at least taken Jrue.

I'm not a big fan of Rubio. Plus he's already pulling a Yi with the T'Wolves so there's no chance he'd want to play in Milwaukee either. Curry would give us a good shooter but he wasn't getting past the Knicks. I liked Holiday too so hopefully Jennings doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. This is the last year of Redd so we'll need someone to emerge this year.

cvv84
06-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Yup, that maturity is really showing....

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/26042/social_media_biting_back_at_brandon_jennings

umphrey
06-28-2009, 12:23 PM
He sounds like an idiot but whatever, the Bucks need a thug. They are such a soft team.

princefielder28
06-28-2009, 01:27 PM
It's not the greatest thing in the world with what Brandon and his friend did, but that type of stuff has more to do with the culture that he was brought up in rather than his overall maturity. He is an inner-city minority from LA and I am going to leave it at that.

I think it's funny how you guys state that you wanted Jrue Holiday and part of the thought process was that he's more polished. Really? He played out of position his only year at UCLA and he wasn't overly impressive in his minutes against lower competition than Jennings. Holiday does have a ton of potential, not as much as Jennings, but he has more question marks on the court than Jennings. Jennings does have more baggage, but he does bring some attitude to a team that lacks in that department.

cvv84
06-28-2009, 01:56 PM
It's not the greatest thing in the world with what Brandon and his friend did, but that type of stuff has more to do with the culture that he was brought up in rather than his overall maturity. He is an inner-city minority from LA and I am going to leave it at that.

I think it's funny how you guys state that you wanted Jrue Holiday and part of the thought process was that he's more polished. Really? He played out of position his only year at UCLA and he wasn't overly impressive in his minutes against lower competition than Jennings. Holiday does have a ton of potential, not as much as Jennings, but he has more question marks on the court than Jennings. Jennings does have more baggage, but he does bring some attitude to a team that lacks in that department.

The thing is, HE ACTUALLY PLAYED, unlike Jennings. Hard to argue that he played against lesser competition either. How many Italian players got drafted? Let alone are in the NBA?

princefielder28
06-28-2009, 10:41 PM
The thing is, HE ACTUALLY PLAYED, unlike Jennings. Hard to argue that he played against lesser competition either. How many Italian players got drafted? Let alone are in the NBA?

Recent lottery picks Andrea Bargnani, Marco Belinelli and Danilo Gallianri are all from Italy. As the international game becomes stronger so will the leagues and prospects from overseas. Plus in addition to Italy's Series A, he also played in the Euroleague, the highest level of competition overseas.

cvv84
06-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Recent lottery picks Andrea Bargnani, Marco Belinelli and Danilo Gallianri are all from Italy. As the international game becomes stronger so will the leagues and prospects from overseas. Plus in addition to Italy's Series A, he also played in the Euroleague, the highest level of competition overseas.

Marco Belinelli wasn't a lottery pick, but my point is that none of the mentioned have become average NBA players. Bargnani is the closest yet he's widely been considered a huge disapointment. I'll give Gallianri a break due to rookie injuries but I don't think you have an argument that the internation game is better competition than the the collegiate game in the USA. I agree with you that the Bucks need some additude but they need something like Ryan Braun's swagger, not some guy saying n***er in every sentence.

Whistler6
07-01-2009, 07:58 AM
I just wanted to say thank you Milwaukee for giving me basically every reason NOT to give a crap about your team next season...

Yes it's all about money, but you are very clear in letting us all know you don't care to win in the near future.

Redd and Bogut can form a solid tandem I suppose, but what's going to be fun about rooting for a prima donna Jennings who already kinda bashed his own team? Blah, Idk. I'm excited to see this kid with the old school afro play, but not being much of a basketball fan anyway...Milwaukee hasn't given us much to look forward to.

cvv84
07-01-2009, 12:41 PM
I just wanted to say thank you Milwaukee for giving me basically every reason NOT to give a crap about your team next season...

Yes it's all about money, but you are very clear in letting us all know you don't care to win in the near future.

Redd and Bogut can form a solid tandem I suppose, but what's going to be fun about rooting for a prima donna Jennings who already kinda bashed his own team? Blah, Idk. I'm excited to see this kid with the old school afro play, but not being much of a basketball fan anyway...Milwaukee hasn't given us much to look forward to.

Did you expect them to start winning right away? Larry Harris left the team in horrible cap shape and personally I think they've done a good job in creating future cap space.

Redd can become a free agent next year so I wouldn't rely on a future with him. Bogut was really emerging into a top tier center before injuries hit him last year. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is at worst a very good 6th man and I really like how he's working out hard this offseason. Ramon Sessions is a pretty good PG but he could be trade bait if the Bucks re-sign him. Hopefully Joe Alexander can emerge into something, I think that will be key.

I agree with you on Jennings though. I think they need a little of the cocky additude but something more along the lines of Ryan Brauns swagger.

Whistler6
07-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Did you expect them to start winning right away? Larry Harris left the team in horrible cap shape and personally I think they've done a good job in creating future cap space.

Redd can become a free agent next year so I wouldn't rely on a future with him. Bogut was really emerging into a top tier center before injuries hit him last year. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is at worst a very good 6th man and I really like how he's working out hard this offseason. Ramon Sessions is a pretty good PG but he could be trade bait if the Bucks re-sign him. Hopefully Joe Alexander can emerge into something, I think that will be key.

I agree with you on Jennings though. I think they need a little of the cocky additude but something more along the lines of Ryan Brauns swagger.

You clearly know more about the Bucks and basketball than I do, so I've got to give you props on the insight. Still...their future is a lot of "ifs". If this guy pans out, if this guys stays, if if if ya know?

Maybe it's just some pent up frustration from way back when they traded Ray Allen away for 1 season of Gary Payton...I'll live.

princefielder28
07-01-2009, 10:18 PM
You clearly know more about the Bucks and basketball than I do, so I've got to give you props on the insight. Still...their future is a lot of "ifs". If this guy pans out, if this guys stays, if if if ya know?

Maybe it's just some pent up frustration from way back when they traded Ray Allen away for 1 season of Gary Payton...I'll live.

Can we not bring that up? It still hurts too much. It's like that scab that doesn't go away but when you finally think it's gone then someone picks at it :(.

The Bucks are in a rebuilding mode so the ifs are going to be there because you're banking on youngsters to develop and be the core of your franchise.

GB12
07-01-2009, 10:19 PM
God what a horrible trade. Even to this day Allen is still a better player than Redd and we got **** in return. That really was the point that I gave up on the Bucks and the NBA.

cvv84
07-02-2009, 08:33 AM

Its really just a continued circle of problems. Herb Kohl doesn't want to spend the money and the Bucks don't generate enough money to make them really competitive. They have some young pieces in place but since they'll never go out and sign big name free agents they have to take risks in the draft and hope they turn into something. The thing for me though is this, if the NBA leaves Milwaukee its not coming back. That mean no LeBron, no Kobe, nothing.

princefielder28
07-02-2009, 09:11 AM
David Aldridge on NBA.com wrote that Josh Childress will be meeting with the Bucks on Thursday. The Atlanta Hawks still retain his rights, so they can match any offer, but obviously he doesn't want to go back there.

I think he could be a good addition.

cvv84
07-07-2009, 05:39 PM
David Aldridge on NBA.com wrote that Josh Childress will be meeting with the Bucks on Thursday. The Atlanta Hawks still retain his rights, so they can match any offer, but obviously he doesn't want to go back there.

I think he could be a good addition.

Wow that would be a nice addition if they could get him. I wonder if he'd play more small foward since the Bucks have Jennings and Sessions, whom should be back.

Smart move by the Bucks though. The Hawks signed Mike Bibby to a 3 year deal and they'll have to fend off offers for restricted free agent Marvin Williams.

Whistler6
07-10-2009, 11:25 AM
The Bucks might not have the best all around players, but sporting a team with "fro's" of the likes of Jennings and Childress... Dang could be fun to watch.

Now we just need Bogut to grow his hair back out and have it cornrowed

bigboiajhawk
07-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Bucks are 4-0 in Summer League

Jennings looks good, which is a huge plus, because last year at this time Joe wasn't doing a thing on the court. I believe that this time last year Luc stole the show and he ended up turning out all right, lets just hope the same happens with Jennings and Meeks.

Maybe it is a little to early to say it but Jodie Meeks might be the next Bucks sharpshooter to come around.

Here's to being optimistic for this season.

cvv84
07-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Bucks are 4-0 in Summer League

Jennings looks good, which is a huge plus, because last year at this time Joe wasn't doing a thing on the court. I believe that this time last year Luc stole the show and he ended up turning out all right, lets just hope the same happens with Jennings and Meeks.

Maybe it is a little to early to say it but Jodie Meeks might be the next Bucks sharpshooter to come around.

Here's to being optimistic for this season.

Its only summer league but its nice to see. We really need Alexander to step up this year and if Luc Richard takes another leap we should be in good shape. I'd just like Jennings to split PG duties with Sessions which makes Ridnour a trade canidate. Anything that Meeks gives is just a bonus.

I think the key to our season will be health and how our fowards play.

princefielder28
07-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Ersan is back, three year deal.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/50980722.html

cvv84
07-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Ersan is back, three year deal.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/50980722.html

It should be interesting to see who out of Ilyasova, Johnson, Alexander, or Mbah a Moute will win the 2 foward jobs. They seem to like Mbah a Moute as a 6th man type but I'd like to see what he can do as a starter this year. He's been working hard this offseason and he was playing very well last year until he hit the wall.

Amir Johnson is a very intriguing talent and reportedly Ilyasova has improved with his time overseas. I'd really like to see Alexander come around this year because when you look back at the other forward the Bucks were also rumored to be interested in, Anthony Randolph, it looks like the Bucks made the wrong pick.

We may not do much this year but its going to be fun to watch and see how the team progresses. We're in much better cap shape now and our only heavy contracts left are Dan Gadzuric and Michael Redd (if he doesn't opt out after this season)

cvv84
07-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Forward Malik Allen is headed to the Denver Nuggets in a trade for guard/forward Sonny Weems and forward Walter Sharpe, according to The Denver Post.

The Post reported the trade is to be announced officially later this week.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/51344777.html

I like it. We pick up 2 young guys with potential to add to our bench. Both were 2nd round picks so they're contracts most likely aren't guaranteed either. This could be a move to make some cap space for Sessions when the Knicks offer him their MLE.

princefielder28
07-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I like it. We pick up 2 young guys with potential to add to our bench. Both were 2nd round picks so they're contracts most likely aren't guaranteed either. This could be a move to make some cap space for Sessions when the Knicks offer him their MLE.

I like the move as well. Another minor financial benefit.

cvv84
07-23-2009, 11:50 AM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/22/aldridge.0722/index.html

Reportedly the Knicks have ended their pursuit of Sessions so they can keep as much money as possible for the 2010 free agency hoopla. That leaves the Clippers and Warriors as the next most interested teams.

My preference would be keep Sessions for this season at the very least. If a Jennings/Ridnour duo can handle the point then trade Sessions midway through the season.

princefielder28
07-23-2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/22/aldridge.0722/index.html

Reportedly the Knicks have ended their pursuit of Sessions so they can keep as much money as possible for the 2010 free agency hoopla. That leaves the Clippers and Warriors as the next most interested teams.

My preference would be keep Sessions for this season at the very least. If a Jennings/Ridnour duo can handle the point then trade Sessions midway through the season.

After acquiring Telfair I don't see the Clips making another move for a PG and the Warriors may not be the best fit either because they drafted Curry and have Ellis locked up. I think he'll have to settle for a one year deal from the Bucks.

cvv84
07-23-2009, 03:01 PM
After acquiring Telfair I don't see the Clips making another move for a PG and the Warriors may not be the best fit either because they drafted Curry and have Ellis locked up. I think he'll have to settle for a one year deal from the Bucks.

I hope he returns but money talks and Sessions can also play SG which makes him an attractive canidate. The Knicks were his best suitors though so I agree with you, he'll likely be back in a Bucks uni for at least 1 more season.

cvv84
07-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Brandon Jennings has finally signed with the Bucks.

EvilMonkey
07-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Hakim Warrick signed to a 1-year deal
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/52196297.html

great move, he should probably start or at least get a lot of time at PF. I'm not completely sold on him as a player, but love the one-year deal. He obviously feels he is undervalued and coming to Milwaukee for playing time and hopefully a bigger FA deal next year. Seems like good motivation for a breakout type year to me.

princefielder28
07-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Hakim Warrick signed to a 1-year deal
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/52196297.html

great move, he should probably start or at least get a lot of time at PF. I'm not completely sold on him as a player, but love the one-year deal. He obviously feels he is undervalued and coming to Milwaukee for playing time and hopefully a bigger FA deal next year. Seems like good motivation for a breakout type year to me.

I love me some Hakim Warrick, nice deal.

cvv84
07-31-2009, 03:29 PM
I love me some Hakim Warrick, nice deal.

Another nice move for Hammond. Warrick isn't a great player but he has his spurts. He's like a poor mans Charlie Villanueva.

Packystan
07-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Another nice move for Hammond. Warrick isn't a great player but he has his spurts. He's like a poor mans Charlie Villanueva.

I agree, he's not a banger by any means. Tall, lanky guy that seems to live more on the perimiter than down low, but he'll be formidable splitting time with Ersan.

Bucks release Salim Stoudamire and Bruce Bowen today.

Whistler6
08-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Warrick is an occasional dunk highlight...Good enough for me.

And they didn't release Bruce Bowen, they released his corpse. Done city.

cvv84
08-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Warrick is an occasional dunk highlight...Good enough for me.

And they didn't release Bruce Bowen, they released his corpse. Done city.

It looks like Hammond is taking the approach of quanity over quality. We have the 2 guys he drafted in Alexander and Mbah a Moute, 1 guy in Amir Johnson whom was drafted and played for the orgainizion in which Hammond came, and now Warrick who's been solid but nothing special yet.

With all the youth there is bound to be struggle so if someone gets cold we have options. I just can't wait to clear the Redd and Gadzuric contracts so the rebuilding can really take hold.

cvv84
08-17-2009, 10:59 AM
The Toronto Star reports that the Raptors are finalizing a deal that will send Carlos Delfino and Roko Ukic to the Bucks for Amir Johnson and another as-yet-unnamed player. Milwaukee's acquisition of Hakim Warrick may have made Johnson expendable, and with Richard Jefferson gone and Michael Redd recovering from major surgery they could use some depth on the wings. If the deal goes through, Delfino (who is currently playing in Russia) would need to sign at least a two-year contract.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2009/08/so-long-carlos-and-roko.html

The Bucks making some more moves. I was hoping to see what Johnson offered but with Luc Richard, Alexander, Illy, and Warrick we were kind of overstocked at forward.

princefielder28
08-17-2009, 12:20 PM
The Bucks making some more moves. I was hoping to see what Johnson offered but with Luc Richard, Alexander, Illy, and Warrick we were kind of overstocked at forward.

I'd like to see Amir and what he can do but the move would be very understandable, helps round out the depth of our roster.

cvv84
08-17-2009, 01:35 PM
G/F Sonny Weems, acquired from Denver in the Malik Allen trade, was the other player traded to the Raptors from the Bucks.

cvv84
09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
GM John Hammond comfirmed that he will not not match the T'Wolves offer to Sessions. Sucks to see him go but the Bucks are trying to gain financial freedom which should come into full effect after this season.

Whistler6
09-19-2009, 02:46 PM
GM John Hammond comfirmed that he will not not match the T'Wolves offer to Sessions. Sucks to see him go but the Bucks are trying to gain financial freedom which should come into full effect after this season.

One of the few Bucks players I really enjoyed watching play. He was scrappy and always going hard... Guess it's going to be another season of hoping Redd and Bogut stay healthy and them hovering around .500

Packystan
10-31-2009, 04:40 AM
Not too many bright spots in tonights loss other than Brandon Jennings' near triple double. Michael Redd looked rusty and slow, as did Andrew Bogut. Lousy, slow defense. Lots of fouls, costly turnovers, and missed open shots in crucial situations. Kinda what we've come to expect out of the Bucks the past few years, but hey, its only the first game. We get Delfino back tomorrow though, so hopefully that will possibly provide another good player off the bench. Jennings though, looked great running the point in his first start. He showed flashes of absolute brilliance, but then showed areas that needed improvement. The kid has all the tools, hopefully his drive to be the best brings Milwaukee a great point guard for the future. GO BUCKS!!

princefielder28
10-31-2009, 09:51 AM
It's exciting to see Jennings start off well

Packystan
10-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Yea man, I have to keep reminding myself that this kid just turned 20 a few days ago. His court vision is mind boggling. Great handles, sets a good tempo and seems to get everyone involved. Once he makes his opponent have to respect his outside shot, he's going to be even better.

cvv84
10-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Not too many bright spots in tonights loss other than Brandon Jennings' near triple double. Michael Redd looked rusty and slow, as did Andrew Bogut. Lousy, slow defense. Lots of fouls, costly turnovers, and missed open shots in crucial situations. Kinda what we've come to expect out of the Bucks the past few years, but hey, its only the first game. We get Delfino back tomorrow though, so hopefully that will possibly provide another good player off the bench. Jennings though, looked great running the point in his first start. He showed flashes of absolute brilliance, but then showed areas that needed improvement. The kid has all the tools, hopefully his drive to be the best brings Milwaukee a great point guard for the future. GO BUCKS!!

I wouldn't say that in a sense. I mean the 76ers were a playoff team the past 2 years and the Bucks gave them a run for 3.5 quarters while playing a rookie PG, having Redd and Bogut come back after playing in only 33 and 36 games respectfully, and while getting little from their forwards.

Remember that the Bucks were in the playoff hunt up until late last season. Once Redd and Bogut get their feel of the game back and their minutes increase we'll get a chance to fully see how they will fair this season.

I was estatic to see Jennings perform how he did but he defintely needs to work on his defense and limiting the turnovers. Nice to finally see a 1st round pick contribute for us and show flashes of becoming a star player. Hopefully he can hold up over a full season though.

Its only 1 game too. If they can develop some guys this year, especially Jennings, then the future should start looking a little brighter for the Bucks.

cvv84
10-31-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't know if any of you caught tonights game verse the Pistons but Jennings was a stud again. He took over in the 3rd quarter and scored 16 points which gave the Bucks the lead and they never looked back.

This kid is something special. The Bradley Center went nuts when Jennings took over and his speed/athleticism is definetly proving to be a spark to the team. Downside he was in foul trouble again.

PackerLegend
10-31-2009, 11:20 PM
I just happened to flip it on during that 3rd quarter and couldn't believe it. Brandon Jennings and Greg Jennings. Sweet!

princefielder28
11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Michael Redd out for 2 weeks...same old story

cvv84
11-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Michael Redd out for 2 weeks...same old story

Honestly I think its a good thing. Every time Redd's been out the Bucks play more team basketball. This should put more pressure on Jennings to become the new team leader.

Also the Bucks officially announced that they've declined Joe Alexander's option, comfirming reports from last Friday. Sad that Hammond's first pick will be gone after 2 injury plagued seasons but at least he's not keeping around dead weight.

umphrey
11-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I don't watch the Bucks much but I read in the 06-07 season we went 3-17 during 20 games when Redd was hurt

cvv84
11-02-2009, 05:08 PM
I don't watch the Bucks much but I read in the 06-07 season we went 3-17 during 20 games when Redd was hurt

And they were 17-32 last year without Redd. Either way I can't wait until he's gone. I can't see him declining his $18 million option for next season though unless he comes back strong from this latest injury.

PackerLegend
11-03-2009, 09:30 PM
why did that dumb*** get the ball in the final seconds? Typical Bucks collapse.

cvv84
11-03-2009, 11:41 PM
why did that dumb*** get the ball in the final seconds? Typical Bucks collapse.

14 point lead at halftime. Up 18 at times throughout the game and the Bucks just came out flat in the 2nd half... Only bright side is that Jennings can score and Bogut looks like he's coming back to form. I just hope that Jennings doesn't fall in love with scoring or we'll just have another Mo Williams clone on our hands. The guy needs at least 5 dimes a game.

Whistler6
11-04-2009, 04:16 PM
The bright side, Brandon Jennings looks like he will be a stud. The dark side, he's on a dead-end team and will leave the second he gets a chance.

Thank God Joe Alexander will be gone after this year. I am glad they didn't pick up his option. Granted injuries have hampered him, but he looks like another white "stiff"...Sorry Bogut.

cvv84
11-05-2009, 10:25 PM
The bright side, Brandon Jennings looks like he will be a stud. The dark side, he's on a dead-end team and will leave the second he gets a chance.

Thank God Joe Alexander will be gone after this year. I am glad they didn't pick up his option. Granted injuries have hampered him, but he looks like another white "stiff"...Sorry Bogut.

Jennings looks like a legit ROY canidate. Its nice to finally see a Bucks pick that might have some star power to him. I just hope we can get some players in here over the next 2-3 years and that the team stays in Milwaukee.

cvv84
11-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Jennings having another stellar night against a team that he thought was going to draft him. He's got 7 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, but 2 fouls at the end of the 1st quarter. Bucks lead 40-22

Oh and Jodie Meeks has 9 points too.

princefielder28
11-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Jennings having another stellar night against a team that he thought was going to draft him. He's got 7 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, but 2 fouls at the end of the 1st quarter. Bucks lead 40-22

Oh and Jodie Meeks has 9 points too.

hahaha the Knicks are so awful, it's great

cvv84
11-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Its now 66-35 Bucks at the half. Bogut, Jennings, and Meeks are all in double figures. Bucks winning the rebounding battle 2-1 so far while shooting 58% to the Knicks 34%

hahaha the Knicks are so awful, it's great

It's going to even get funnier when they fail to land LeBron and Wade during the offseason. I like how the media is jumping on them for drafting Jordan Hill over Brandon Jennings too. Ironic seeing that the Bucks wanted Hill while we lucked out with Jennings.

Whistler6
11-07-2009, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=cvv84;1869441]Its now 66-35 Bucks at the half. Bogut, Jennings, and Meeks are all in double figures. Bucks winning the rebounding battle 2-1 so far while shooting 58% to the Knicks 34%

If only they could play the T-Wolves and Knicks every night

cvv84
11-07-2009, 09:10 PM
If only they could play the T-Wolves and Knicks every night

Yeah, but at least they're winning without Redd and they're doing it with young players. They're playing much better team basketball. Its also kind of funny how when the Bucks beat the T'wolves people were calling it an upset.

The Knicks are starting to shoot a little better and have the lead under 30 now. Bucks are up by 29 nearing the end of the 3rd quarter.

bigboiajhawk
11-07-2009, 10:13 PM
I think it is safe to say that Hammond got it right with this year's draft. Two of the top scorers on the night were rookies. I really like what Skiles is doing with Jennings and Ridnour.

cvv84
11-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I think it is safe to say that Hammond got it right with this year's draft. Two of the top scorers on the night were rookies. I really like what Skiles is doing with Jennings and Ridnour.

And who knows if he would have got it right in last years draft too seeing we really won't know until Alexander gets healthy. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute was a pretty good find so at least we got something out of that draft.

I'm so glad that Jennings is an emerging player. We really needed that badly. With Meeks I think at the least we have a guy who can come in and hit jumpers and threes.

Hakim Warrick has been a pretty nice pickup too. I don't know if anyone saw that highlight of his dunk but it was pretty specatular.

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 01:40 PM
I just happened to flip it on during that 3rd quarter and couldn't believe it. Brandon Jennings and Greg Jennings. Sweet!

There's no relation is there?

Whistler6
11-08-2009, 01:43 PM
And who knows if he would have got it right in last years draft too seeing we really won't know until Alexander gets healthy. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute was a pretty good find so at least we got something out of that draft.

I'm so glad that Jennings is an emerging player. We really needed that badly. With Meeks I think at the least we have a guy who can come in and hit jumpers and threes.

Hakim Warrick has been a pretty nice pickup too. I don't know if anyone saw that highlight of his dunk but it was pretty specatular.

Alexander is a whiff. He's hurt for an extended period of time, and they didn't pick up his option. I think that's admitting a mistake. Not saying he doesn't have talent, but there's no future for him in Milwaukee.

Oh, and Brian Butch is playing overseas. He has a blog on Big Ten Network's website...Kinda interesting

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2009, 07:26 PM
On Edit: Posted a question in the wrong thread.

cvv84
11-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Anything to this Corey Hart for Angel Pagan rumor?

Bwahhh haa haaa haaa!

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Bwahhh haa haaa haaa!

haha I'm an idiot.

cvv84
11-10-2009, 09:28 PM
haha I'm an idiot.

I was laughing at the trade proposal though.

Whistler6
11-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Brandon Jennings 4th quarter tonight against the Nuggets was the closest thing I've seen to perfection for the Bucks in an incredibly long time. He almost single-handedly won that game with free throws and 2 gigantic back-to-back 3's when they were only up by 1.

Woah it feels weird being excited about the Milwaukee Bucks...

cvv84
11-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Brandon Jennings 4th quarter tonight against the Nuggets was the closest thing I've seen to perfection for the Bucks in an incredibly long time. He almost single-handedly won that game with free throws and 2 gigantic back-to-back 3's when they were only up by 1.

Woah it feels weird being excited about the Milwaukee Bucks...

It was a fun game to watch and shows people that the Bucks aren't as bad as they think they are. Funny how we let Charlie Villanueva and Ramon Sessions leave in free agency and the team has gotten better without them. I love the way they play when Redd is out.

PalmerToCJ
11-11-2009, 10:21 PM
What's your take on Meeks thus far and his role for the next year or so. I'm a UK fan so I'm obviously interested in how he's doing.

EvilMonkey
11-11-2009, 10:44 PM
What's your take on Meeks thus far and his role for the next year or so. I'm a UK fan so I'm obviously interested in how he's doing.

I love him and think he can be a big part of this team in the future. He'll never be a superstar, but if he can develop to be a good defender, I'd be thrilled to have him as our SG in the future.

He's never gonna be a huge creator on Offense I don't think, but i could easily see him as a spot-up shooter and decent defender who can average like 15 points a game and with Jennings ability to create plays and dish and even Bogut possibly drawing a double and dishing to him as well, he could be the perfect fit if he steps up on D.

I think he'll continue to get more chances to play very soon since Delfino is just awful. Skiles loves defense though and Meeks just isn't there yet to be an all-around player.

cvv84
11-12-2009, 05:32 AM

He's getting some playing time with Redd out and so far he's been playing pretty well. He started out pretty rough but they keep playing him and he's steadily improved. His 19 points and 4 3-pointers were key in a win the other day. He's showing to be a good shooter and I'd imagine he's going to keep in the rotation even when Redd does return.

princefielder28
11-12-2009, 09:36 AM
He's getting some playing time with Redd out and so far he's been playing pretty well. He started out pretty rough but they keep playing him and he's steadily improved. His 19 points and 4 3-pointers were key in a win the other day. He's showing to be a good shooter and I'd imagine he's going to keep in the rotation even when Redd does return.

Agree. with Meeks it's all about him continuing to get more PT and he'll be fine

cvv84
11-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Brandon Jennings >>> Whoever your team drafted

princefielder28
11-14-2009, 10:03 PM
What an incredible game!!! Love watching this team

Whistler6
11-14-2009, 10:05 PM
My mind is blown. I'm so ashamed to be a Buck's fan right now...I haven't thought boo about them for probably a year until the draft and now this season. Yet, all of a sudden I am stoked for this rookie. Incredible game tonight.

cvv84
11-14-2009, 10:22 PM
All I have to say is FINALLY!!

Years of good intentions from Larry Harris and poor cap management buried this team in the lottery but finally we're seeing glimmers of light.

This is how we play when we aren't forcing shots with Redd. The Bucks at 5-2 and Jennings scores a career high 55 points. Put that into perception, LeBron James career high is 56 points.

Jennings and Bogut seem to have some good chemistry too. Even if we don't do much this season its going to be fun watching this team develop.

TitleTown088
11-15-2009, 03:50 AM
Jennings is just wow. I dont like the NBA one bit and I relish in the chance to watch watching him play.

yo123
11-15-2009, 04:01 AM
**** You Ricky Rubio!!!!!!!!

Packystan
11-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Tough loss last night. Great shot by Dirk. Another solid game by Jennings, and the bench played great, specifically Ersan. Man, I cant help but think about how good this team would be if they still had Richard Jefferson.

Jennings - Redd - Jefferson - Ilyasova - Bogut, thats pretty legit.

cvv84
11-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Brandon Jennings sets another record - most points scored by a rookie in the 1st 9 games, eclipsing Shaq.

princefielder28
11-20-2009, 07:57 PM
With Bogut out 2-4 weeks it'll be interesting to see how much more Jennings can carry the team

Packystan
11-20-2009, 10:50 PM
With Bogut out 2-4 weeks it'll be interesting to see how much more Jennings can carry the team

So far so good.

princefielder28
11-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Ersan with a very nice game tonight

Packystan
11-22-2009, 03:44 AM
This team has so many good 3 point shooters, and the best part is, we've been playing without our best one.

cvv84
11-22-2009, 01:17 PM
This team has so many good 3 point shooters, and the best part is, we've been playing without our best one.

They've always played better when Redd was out, in my opinion, but they haven't really started winning without him until this year.

There's also been quite a few Brandon Jennings stories out lately if anyones interested:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=nba_com-racetomvp.week3-20091120&prov=nba_com&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aurnz3txh.bZtTpyzluHHiu8vLYF?slug=ys-cnbcjennings112009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsZV3KuP1o5iYXYGaUyZJiS8vLYF?slug=dw-iversonknicks111909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

cvv84
12-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Well its back to reality for the Bucks. They started out hot but have fallen flat the past 2 weeks. On the bright side they've still been competitive and Brandon Jennings has the opportunity to jump the hurdle that is the NBA adjusting to his game. A healthy Bogut would be great but overall we just haven't been playing complete basketball lately.

Whistler6
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Growing pains...I think if we were fooling ourselves thinking Jennings could carry this team the entire season the way he was for a couple weeks. With time and hopefully healthy Redd and Bogut, they can start to "mesh" as a team.

Still, early season predictions were what less than 18-20 wins? I think if they can be competitive, I'll be more than excited to keep rooting/following them.

cvv84
12-12-2009, 10:03 PM
God do I ******* hate Michael Redd...

Whistler6
12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Tonights game = turnovers and piss poor free throw shooting. Hard to watch them squander that 10 point lead.

princefielder28
12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
God do I ******* hate Michael Redd...

Agree. as great as he was in the past, he is now a player who is holding this team back. all you have to do is look at the results when he's hurt.

cvv84
12-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Great defense by the Blazers in the 2nd half. The Bucks aren't getting good looks and are taking floaters. They have a chance but I can't believe that Skiles kept Redd in the game seeing he's still rusty.

Whistler6
12-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I flipped on the Video Game Awards on Spike when the game was 95-89. 2 minutes later I switch back to see postgame, and there is Mr. Jennings tying the game at 95-95 with 4 seconds left.

It's saying something when you trust a rookie with the entire game on the line.

Whistler6
12-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Great defense by the Blazers in the 2nd half. The Bucks aren't getting good looks and are taking floaters. They have a chance but I can't believe that Skiles kept Redd in the game seeing he's still rusty.

1,000th post, nice work.

cvv84
12-12-2009, 10:18 PM
1,000th post, nice work.

Thanks. I think its the 2nd time I reached the mark though. I though I had 1030 posts like 2 weeks ago then it went down. Figured something got deleted or whatever.

Anyways its double OT and I love seeing BJ with the ball in his hands at the end of the game. Good developing time for the kid.