PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Bucks Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Whistler6
12-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks. I think its the 2nd time I reached the mark though. I though I had 1030 posts like 2 weeks ago then it went down. Figured something got deleted or whatever.

Anyways its double OT and I love seeing BJ with the ball in his hands at the end of the game. Good developing time for the kid.

The same exact thing happened to me today. I was up 20+ posts from where I'm at now, and somehow it dropped back down.

Gutty win, excellent finish. There's a lot to clean up though. And they really gotta figure out what to do with Michael Redd

cvv84
12-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Kobe should change his name to Tom Brady. Tough loss tonight.

PackerLegend
12-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Nice call refs... I dont watch the games much but everytime I do the Ersan (W/E the **** his name is sucks and blows it) way to miss both on the foul Ersan.

princefielder28
12-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Kobe should change his name to Tom Brady. Tough loss tonight.

I couldn't see the game tonight but that's what my bro texted me right away was the piss poor refs

Whistler6
12-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Heck of a game...I can't consider myself a Bucks fan yet, because I've followed them at a distance and probably seen only 10 games in the last 2 years. When Ray Allen left, so did my fanhood. But loving everything WI, they are slowly sucking me in.

Ps. **** you Kobe. Stupid snarl.

cvv84
12-18-2009, 08:31 PM
I have to say, the Bucks may not be winning games like they had been doing in the beginning of the season but their play against the Lakers and Cavs just shows how competitve this team is capable of being. Once they get a little more talent, especially at forward, they could be a pretty good team in a year or 2.

princefielder28
12-18-2009, 08:39 PM
I have to say, the Bucks may not be winning games like they had been doing in the beginning of the season but their play against the Lakers and Cavs just shows how competitve this team is capable of being. Once they get a little more talent, especially at forward, they could be a pretty good team in a year or 2.

Their lack of size, bulk and strength has really shown tonight

cvv84
12-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Their lack of size, bulk and strength has really shown tonight

It was that way against the Lakers the other night too. They need another rebounder or a guy who can give them a low post presense aside from Bogut.

cvv84
12-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Bucks blow it again. 6 seconds left and they allow a layup to Tyreke Evans? Come on guys.

princefielder28
12-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Bucks blow it again. 6 seconds left and they allow a layup to Tyreke Evans? Come on guys.

I haven't seen any of the game tonight because of my location but what can you say about the game?

Whistler6
12-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Bogut missed way too many shots (6/20), Jennings shined but was outshined by fellow rookie T. Evans, and once again they just failed to close.

It's another great game to watch, but another tough loss to swallow. They are competing I suppose...

cvv84
12-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Did I ever mention how much I hate Michael Redd?

princefielder28
12-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Did I ever mention how much I hate Michael Redd?

No, i don't think haha

cvv84
12-21-2009, 09:42 PM
No, i don't think haha

Seriously, he missed 2 free throws that would've pretty much sealed the game. I can understand Bogut missing his but Redd? Another close game but luckily we won this one.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 10:02 PM
He reminds me of Allen Iverson...Not necessarily playing style, but the way when he gets inserted into a lineup you'd expect them to get better. Yet, for some reason they don't seem to have "it".

I thought Nuggets, man they are stacked. He only kind screwed up the connections they had. It seems that way with Redd so far this season. I'm probably way off, but just a radom observation.

cvv84
12-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Its starting to get ugly in Milwaukee. Redd and Bogut were both benched for the entire 2nd half in the loss last night. We started hot but cooled drastically since Redd returned. Gotta get that Jennings/Bogut combo going again like in the beginning of the year.

princefielder28
12-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Its starting to get ugly in Milwaukee. Redd and Bogut were both benched for the entire 2nd half in the loss last night. We started hot but cooled drastically since Redd returned. Gotta get that Jennings/Bogut combo going again like in the beginning of the year.

The team just doesn't have the energy and confidence that it did a couple weeks ago and losing will do that to you

Whistler6
01-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Brandon Jennings showed off his new "high and tight" frow tonight as the Bucks took care of the lowwwly Nets tonight. Only 9 points, but with shades of Kendall Gill he looked good doing work.

cvv84
01-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Brandon Jennings showed off his new "high and tight" frow tonight as the Bucks took care of the lowwwly Nets tonight. Only 9 points, but with shades of Kendall Gill he looked good doing work.

I love his character. Adds a little bit of flair to the team that was greatly needed. He and Bogut got benched late again but it was when the Bucks had the lead so Skiles could've just been resting them.

cvv84
01-08-2010, 09:32 PM
This is one of the most pathetic 2nd half's I've ever seen this team play. Can't hit a shot, can't drive the line, can't defend...

cvv84
01-08-2010, 10:07 PM
They actually came back and won! Bogut 27 points, 13 rebounds, 1 assist, 6 blocks, and 1 steal.

Jennings was descent but I think he needs to learn that its ok to shoot the ball too. He seems to be focusing on passing more, which is good, but I'd like to see him create a shot for himself once and awhile.

bigboiajhawk
01-08-2010, 10:14 PM
They actually came back and won! Bogut 27 points, 13 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 blocks, and 1 steal.

Jennings was descent but I think he needs to learn that its ok to shoot the ball too. He seems to be focusing on passing more, which is good, but I'd like to see him create a shot for himself once and awhile.

Agreed, he is way too passive out there. There are times when I watch him, and I am like just take it to hoop, but then he passes. I wonder if Skiles has anything to do with it? But I don't mind him passing, it is just he could take more shots and really take it to the hoop.

cvv84
01-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Agreed, he is way too passive out there. There are times when I watch him, and I am like just take it to hoop, but then he passes. I wonder if Skiles has anything to do with it? But I don't mind him passing, it is just he could take more shots and really take it to the hoop.

Thats what I'd like him to do too. I like that he can dish the ball but if he can balance that with scoring he'll improve the entire offense. The real key seems to be Bogut. When he gets going the offense starts rolling.

Whistler6
01-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Wow, hats off to Bogut and Mike Redd tonight. I turned the game off with 5 mins left thinking they were heading towards a loss... Once again though, they pleasantly surprised me. Gutty win.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Redd leaves the game with a knee injury - the same knee that he tore up a season ago.

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Redd leaves the game with a knee injury - the same knee that he tore up a season ago.

Ugh and top it off with the Bucks having 46 point through 3 quarters tonight against the Lakers. A complete shelling...Thank God spring training is only 6 weeks away. Jk.

cvv84
01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Michael Redd has reportedly suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament and torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee, ending his season.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/81165937.html

I hate you I hate you I mother ******* hate you!

Whistler6
01-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I no longer feel sorry for Greg Oden and Blazer fans.

cvv84
01-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Michael Redd will likely exercise the $18.3 million player option on his contract for next season (although there's an excellent chance he won't play a single game), while his expiring contract is likely going to be a hot commodity a year from now. The NBA's insurance contract picks up 80% of a player's salary once he has missed 41 straight games with the same injury, and if Redd is unable to return next season, his expiring deal will be in demand - especially since the insurance company will be picking up most of the tab.

Well this is some good news! At least the Bucks won't have to pay him all that money. Here's to a Bucks championship in 2012!

princefielder28
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Well this is some good news! At least the Bucks won't have to pay him all that money. Here's to a Bucks championship in 2012!

Start the countdown!!!!

EvilMonkey
01-11-2010, 07:41 PM

Also, his expiring contract next year could be a nice trade chip potentially. It would mean taking money back on the books probably but who knows who'll be available next year. It's possible to get a great, great player from a bad team shedding payroll to go with Jennings and Bogut.

cvv84
01-11-2010, 10:31 PM
They fought back tonight but it wasn't enough. I just love the way they play without Redd but its going to take a few games to get the continuity back. Nice to see Warrick start to heat back up too.

Whistler6
01-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Another game where they look to be out of it and make a run. You have to give them credit for fighting and being competitive each night (most nights, forget Lakers last night ishhh).

***Hopefully Scott Skiles is alright after being rushed to the hospital pregame because of an irregular heartbeat***

cvv84
01-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Ridnour is just terrible. I don't know if I can muscle though watching them play like this for another year. Jennings needs to grow up fast or the 2nd half of the season is going to land them in John Wall territory.

princefielder28
01-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Ridnour is just terrible. I don't know if I can muscle though watching them play like this for another year. Jennings needs to grow up fast or the 2nd half of the season is going to land them in John Wall territory.

I wouldn't mind John Wall....haha

cvv84
01-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Down by 30. I mean come on, honestly.

Whistler6
01-13-2010, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't mind John Wall....haha

I remember being excited for Joe Alexander. Not putting him in Wall's atmosphere, but my point is -- I'M SICK OF TOP 10 DRAFT PICKS!

cvv84
01-13-2010, 11:00 PM
I remember being excited for Joe Alexander. Not putting him in Wall's atmosphere, but my point is -- I'M SICK OF TOP 10 DRAFT PICKS!

I hate to make it sound like this, but if I were an NBA GM I'd never draft a white guy. I wanted Anthony Randolph.

princefielder28
01-13-2010, 11:05 PM
I hate to make it sound like this, but if I were an NBA GM I'd never draft a white guy. I wanted Anthony Randolph.

I was a big fan of Randolph as well but like I mentioned in this thread around the time of that draft, the reason why Randolph probably wasn't the pick is due to his lack of bulk and toughness, which is a big part of Skiles' style of play.

cvv84
01-15-2010, 11:19 PM
How many times do I have to say it, I love the way this team plays without Michael Redd.

The offense needs to run through Bogut and Jennings.

princefielder28
01-15-2010, 11:26 PM
How many times do I have to say it, I love the way this team plays without Michael Redd.

The offense needs to run through Bogut and Jennings.

Bogut has just had a rough night of finishing :(

Whistler6
01-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Bogut has gained the reputation has kind of being soft because of all his injuries, but he has been lights out almost all season. He has stepped his game up, and your right in saying the offense NEEDS to run through him.

I just hope Skiles doesn't burn Jennings out. He's young and has fresh legs, but managing his minutes would be wise I think. It's sad to say they will get better because of Redd's injury, but it's true...Especially with the strong possibility he never plays for the Bucks again.

cvv84
01-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Bogut has just had a rough night of finishing :(

The entire team has on this WC trip.

Bogut has gained the reputation has kind of being soft because of all his injuries, but he has been lights out almost all season. He has stepped his game up, and your right in saying the offense NEEDS to run through him.

I just hope Skiles doesn't burn Jennings out. He's young and has fresh legs, but managing his minutes would be wise I think. It's sad to say they will get better because of Redd's injury, but it's true...Especially with the strong possibility he never plays for the Bucks again.

I think its been good for Jennings that he's getting so much playing time. We desperately need him to develop. If he can limit the turnovers it would be a huge growth for him.

Whistler6
01-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Well, Jennings basically just won the game with that 3. He can be erratic, but there's no better way for him to mature than get minutes and take shots like that. Your right about turnovers, but that's natural for inexperienced guys. He has such great potential.

cvv84
01-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Well, Jennings basically just won the game with that 3. He can be erratic, but there's no better way for him to mature than get minutes and take shots like that. Your right about turnovers, but that's natural for inexperienced guys. He has such great potential.

When Redd came back it seemed like Jennings wasn't trying to shoot the ball. He needs to learn to that its ok to shoot the ball and tonight is a great example of what happens when he shoots. He plays such an all around game for a player his size. Limit the turnovers and improve the defense and this kid should be one of the best players in the league.

Big win tonight, even though it was against a depleted Warriors team. On to Sacramento.

cvv84
01-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Reports are that the Bucks will sign Jerry Stackhouse to a season long contract to replace Redd.

princefielder28
01-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Reports are that the Bucks will sign Jerry Stackhouse to a season long contract to replace Redd.

that's a nice veteran to bring in

cvv84
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Damn, tough loss today. Started out hot, faded in the middle, finished hot, then opened OT with a 7-0 run for the Rockets, fought back and had a great play at the end to tie the game but just missed the shot.

Jennings is back! 25 points and 7 assists

Bogut 18 points, 17 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 6 blocks!!!

Still need to shore up the defense and stop committing so many fouls.

Whistler6
01-18-2010, 09:16 PM
The only thing about today's game that bothered me is that they had plenty of time to try and win in regulation. I wish Skiles would have had a better play mapped out, or atleast had Jennings drive to the basket rather than throw up a prayer of a 3.

cvv84
01-18-2010, 10:05 PM
The only thing about today's game that bothered me is that they had plenty of time to try and win in regulation. I wish Skiles would have had a better play mapped out, or atleast had Jennings drive to the basket rather than throw up a prayer of a 3.

Jennings was hot past the line late but yeah I agree, put the ball in the paint. At the very least there might have been a foul and we could've won the game at the free thrown line.

That last play in OT was well executed but this was a game that we needed to win in regulation. Oh well, back home at least.

cvv84
01-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Joe Alexander sent to the D-league. At least he's going to get some minutes there. Hopefully we can trade him for something though :/

Whistler6
01-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Joe Alexander sent to the D-league. At least he's going to get some minutes there. Hopefully we can trade him for something though :/

Maybe he'll face Brian Butch sometime down the road...A couple of stars in the making right there. But your right, atleast he'll see some minutes and possibly garner a bit of interest. Who knows, maybe he explodes and the Bucks have a hidden gem. =\

A really solid win tonight against the Raptors. Bosh was just an animal, but Bogut held his own. Wow great night overall, the Badgers erase an ugly 1st half and beat Michigan too. I'm satisfied.

senormysterioso
01-20-2010, 09:48 PM

Order your Joe Alexander Fort Wayne Mad Ants jersey now! They're bound to go fast

cvv84
01-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Order your Joe Alexander Fort Wayne Mad Ants jersey now! They're bound to go fast

The only thing going fast is Joe's career. See Joe. See Joe make your cheesburger.

cvv84
01-20-2010, 11:16 PM
10 reasons why you should be happy to be a Bucks fan

1) Michael Redd's $18.3 million expiring contract next season. We should be able to net some descent players next year when we trade his contract next season.

2) Dan Gadzuric's $7.2 million expiring contract next season. One of Larry Harris's biggest blunders. Combined with Redd's contract thats $25 million that could be dealt next season.

3) Andew Bogut. When he's healthy he can be a dominant player. So far this season he's averaging career highs in points, rebound, and blocks per game.

4) Brandon Jennings is raw. He's the new face of the franchise and he will only continue to improve.

5) Life without Michael Redd has already begun. We all knew he wasn't going to be back after next season anyways so now we get a head start on developing the chemistry with the guys who are going to be around.

6) Competitive. The Bucks may on the same pace to win 34 games like they did last year but they lost quite a few close games this year. In back to back games they lost by 1 to the Lakers and by 3 to the Cavs.

7) John Hammond - Its hard to say he knows exactally what he's doing right now with player personel but so far he's managed to clean up a salary cap mess. Jennings looks like a stud and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute has the makings of a descent sub/role player.

8) Squad 6. Bogut's little pet project has really enthused the crowd at the Bradley Center and started to put some passion back into the fans.

9) Scott Skiles pedigree. He's won everywhere he's coached and his background as a PG will do wonders for Jennings. He's also working on the teams defense which has been terrible over recent years.

10) Its the NBA! Come on, we should just be happy to have an NBA team in Milwaukee. Without that there would be no Kobe, LeBron, Wade coming to town. Just like the Brewers have shown, when you start to compete the fans will show up. The Bucks just need to be able to develop their young players and get to .500 again.

princefielder28
01-21-2010, 07:50 AM
can't wait until those awful contracts are gone

cvv84
01-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Another tough loss tonight but they played hard against a top tier game in the Mavs. 108-107

Bogut scored a career high 32 points. Why isn't he in the All Star game again? Oh yeah, its a fan vote...

princefielder28
01-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Another tough loss tonight but they played hard against a top tier game in the Mavs. 108-107

Bogut scored a career high 32 points. Why isn't he in the All Star game again? Oh yeah, its a fan vote...

It's been a tough year seeing so many close losses like this but at least they're being competitive

cvv84
02-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Miami The NBA announced Monday that Bucks guard Brandon Jennings had been named Eastern Conference rookie of the month for January. It was the third straight month that Jennings had won the award.

Jennings averaged 14.2 points (first among Eastern Conference rookies for the month), 6.6 assists (first amongst all rookies), a 3.0 assist-to-turnover radio (first among East rookies for the month) and 3.3 rebounds while starting all 15 of the Bucks games in January.

By winning the award for January, Jennings became one of four Eastern rookies to win the award three times in a season. The monthly award began in the 2005-'06 season and Raymond Felton (2005-'06), Al Horford (2007-'08) and Derrick Rose (2008-'09) were the three other Eastern rookies to win it three times in a season.

No rookie from the conference has won it more than three times.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/83289372.html

Awesome. Just imagine when we finally get some more talent around this kid.

cvv84
02-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Dan Gadzuric may be a money pit for our team but look (https://twitter.com/LisetteGadzuric) what money can get you ;)

princefielder28
02-01-2010, 08:50 PM
a real solid performance tonight

Whistler6
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
What a couple of days for the Bucks. Sweeping a home and home from the Heat should do wonders for their confidence. They won Saturday with Wade being cold and Beasley being out, but dominated them even more tonight with Beasley being back in the lineup.

Nice, complete win.

Whistler6
02-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Dan Gadzuric may be a money pit for our team but look (https://twitter.com/LisetteGadzuric) what money can get you ;)

You get that Daniel. She is definiteley quite the babe.

princefielder28
02-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Love watching the Bucks minus Redd

cvv84
02-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Love watching the Bucks minus Redd

Starting out nicely tonight too. Team basketball. We didn't see that with Redd.

umphrey
02-02-2010, 06:28 PM
1) Michael Redd's $18.3 million expiring contract next season. We should be able to net some descent players next year when we trade his contract next season.

2) Dan Gadzuric's $7.2 million expiring contract next season. One of Larry Harris's biggest blunders. Combined with Redd's contract thats $25 million that could be dealt next season.

So let me get this straight: Next year the Bucks drop $25 mil in dead weight contracts and the Brewers drop Hall and Suppan to the tune of $20 mil in dead money. Are these two franchises finally starting to do things right? Please let there be no future Michael Redd or Jeff Suppan on my three favorite Wisconsin teams.

cvv84
02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
So let me get this straight: Next year the Bucks drop $25 mil in dead weight contracts and the Brewers drop Hall and Suppan to the tune of $20 mil in dead money. Are these two franchises finally starting to do things right? Please let there be no future Michael Redd or Jeff Suppan on my three favorite Wisconsin teams.

For the Bucks they're more likely to trade the contracts so they'll get some young talent and older guys who'll salary will approximate that $25 million.

On another note remember when everyone was saying that the Spurs "stole" Richard Jefferson in that salary dump deal during the offseason? Yeah how's he working out for the Spurs so far?

cvv84
02-05-2010, 08:53 PM
No Bogut? No problem. 3 more to go but lets do it with Bogut from now on.

senormysterioso
02-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Really great performance tonight, Warrick played an outstanding when he was in. Delfino and Ilyasova played really well too. Way to go guys

princefielder28
02-07-2010, 08:28 AM
two big games prior to the break (vs DET, @NJ) and they're currently tied for the 8th spot

cvv84
02-07-2010, 10:56 AM
two big games prior to the break (vs DET, @NJ) and they're currently tied for the 8th spot

Games would should win too. If they win both they'll be 1 game under .500 which would be pretty impressive. Remember back to last year and they were in the race for the 8th spot up until the last month of the season.

Whistler6
02-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Losing to Detroit was tough to swallow because the Bucks are a better team, but it's something to learn from I suppose. The New Jersey Nets win was everything it should have been. A 20-point beatdown.

I'm glad they were able to pound out a victory on the road in front of the 1,000 fan who trekked through the snow. Yeah, there were 1,000 total who attended the game.

cvv84
02-12-2010, 07:17 PM
We're only 1 game back of the 7th/8th seed and only 2 games back of the 6th seed.

Not really a playoff team at this point but the progress is definetly there. Losing Redd was a huge blessing to the development of the team.

bigboiajhawk
02-12-2010, 07:30 PM
We're only 1 game back of the 7th/8th seed and only 2 games back of the 6th seed.

Not really a playoff team at this point but the progress is definetly there. Losing Redd was a huge blessing to the development of the team.

Agreed. I think the Bucks can make a legitimate run at the 6 seed, because Bogut is actually healthy. A healthy Bogut and Jennings can lead the Bucks atleast to the Playoffs.

I think Ersan could really be key to a strong second half as well. When the guy is on, the Bucks are actually a dangerous team.

Zycho32
02-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Here's a challenge, just for the heck of it;

-Assemble a frontcourt tandem of 4-5 players from Milwuakee Bucks history, only guys who have played at Power Forward and Center. Assume you are traveling through time to recruit these guys.
-You're NOT putting these guys on the court at once. Only for two positions, which means those that aren't the 'starters' get bench-like minutes.
-Make some effort to consider PT and Chemistry as well as actual oncourt talent as opposed to pure stats.
-The following players have been deemed 'Off-Limits': Kareem/Alcindor, Bob Lanier, Jack Skima, Vin Baker, Joe Smith, and (just to be a REAL Richard about it) Bogut.

Whistler6
02-16-2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=joe_alexander

Here's Joe Alexander's D-League stats. He's averaging about 11 ppg and 4 rpg, which isn't terrible. But considering it's the D-League, I would have hoped for much better.

If you compare him to a guy like Brian Butch(16 and 8 with a mucgh better FT %), who made the fricken NBDL All Star team, Alexander is barely average.

cvv84
02-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Suprised nobody posted this so far.

The Bucks traded Hakim Warrick and Joe Alexander for John Salmons. The Bucks also obtained the Bulls' second-round draft picks in 2011 and 2012, as well as the option of switching first-round picks in the 2010 draft, as long as Chicago's first-round pick is not in the top 10.

Also traded were Jodie Meeks and forward-center Francisco Elson to Philadelphia in exchange for guard Royal Ivey and 7-foot-1 center Primoz Brezec, according to league sources.

umphrey
02-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Did we do good?

I don't follow the NBA much...

I just like Jennings and if we got to the playoffs I'd probably watch

cvv84
02-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Did we do good?

I don't follow the NBA much...

I just like Jennings and if we got to the playoffs I'd probably watch

We did alright. Salmons should help solidify our back court and with Warrick gone it should give Ilyasova, Mbah a Moute, and Delfino more minutes to help them develop.

Whistler6
02-18-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm completely indifferent with these trades. Salmons will make them better, if even a little bit, but he will make them better. The only part that bothers me is I was hoping to see a little more of Jodie Meeks.

Aside from the trade, I actually watched the entire 2nd half of the Bucks-Rockets game last night. It went from a 5 point game to a 25+ beatdown in a span of a few minutes. Very frustrating to see them play so well and then suddenly play so incredibly bad.

I am excited to see what Salmons brings to the table. Solid player. Warrick was a nice story for a while, but I agree Cvv. It will give the younger guys more minutes to continue to grow together.

senormysterioso
02-18-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm disappointed to see Meeks go, I was hoping he'd be a stud

princefielder28
02-18-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm not too upset about losing Meeks. I wanted Marcus Thornton with that 2nd round pick :(

senormysterioso
02-18-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm not too upset about losing Meeks. I wanted Marcus Thornton with that 2nd round pick :(

I thought we got their 2nd

princefielder28
02-18-2010, 11:46 PM
I thought we got their 2nd

I was referencing the draft last June when we took Meeks over Thornton.

senormysterioso
02-18-2010, 11:47 PM
I was referencing the draft last June when we took Meeks over Thornton.

Ok, my bad...I have no idea who Thornton is. But I've always been high on Meeks

Whistler6
02-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Salmons game 1 as a Buck should be considered a success. 6-16 isn't anything to write home about, but he looked solid all around. Their win as a whole was pretty impressive, because they basically won despite a terrible performance by Brandon Jennings.

His field goal pct. has dropped each month, and tonight really magnified that. I'll chalk it up to rookie progression, but it's notable nonetheless.

His shooting percentages by the month: 51.6, 42.0, 37.6, 32.4, 30.3. His overall percentage is 37.6%

cvv84
02-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Salmons game 1 as a Buck should be considered a success. 6-16 isn't anything to write home about, but he looked solid all around. Their win as a whole was pretty impressive, because they basically won despite a terrible performance by Brandon Jennings.

His field goal pct. has dropped each month, and tonight really magnified that. I'll chalk it up to rookie progression, but it's notable nonetheless.

His shooting percentages by the month: 51.6, 42.0, 37.6, 32.4, 30.3. His overall percentage is 37.6%

Well we knew when we drafted him that his shooting wasn't there. It was actually pretty suprising that he started out shooting as hot as he did.

Compare Jennings with Derrick Rose's 1st season and you'd see identical seasons, minus Jennings shooting percentage. But Jennings is has been a much better free throw shooter and in steals.

I think he's been much better than we thought and has really been a spark to the team. Keep in mind that he barely played last season overseas. If he can bulk up somewhat and work on his shooting then he's going to be an elite player in no time.

princefielder28
02-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Bucks are now 27-28 thanks in large part to a big performance by Andrew Bogut (24 points, 20 rebounds)

cvv84
02-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Bucks are now 27-28 thanks in large part to a big performance by Andrew Bogut (24 points, 20 rebounds)

And 5 blocks. When healthy this guy is a BEAST.

umphrey
02-22-2010, 09:54 PM
I always hated Bogut so much because while Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, etc. dominated the league, our #1 pick super awesome player was a stiff white guy that could get some rebounds and play defense and be average. He's changing my opinion, even if he's not a superstar, he's winning games for us and that's something I'm not used to seeing the Bucks do.

Whistler6
02-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Bogut does have a grandpa back, but when he's healthy he is an all star. I want to jump on board, but I'm hesitant until I see him make it through a full season healthy.

Great win tonight though. They held the Knicks to 26 points in the 2nd half. Cold shooting by New York? Sure, but solid defense usually plays a large role in that. 27-28 and moving up.

During their 3-game win streak, Brandon Jennings has shot 7/38 or 18% from the field. It's worrisome, but imagine the boost he can give if he pulls through this seemingly couple-month-long cold streak.

Whistler6
02-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Ok, my bad...I have no idea who Thornton is. But I've always been high on Meeks

This, is Marcus Thornton.

New Orleans:
M. Thornton 37 Pts, 2 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl -- Tonight against the Cavs

senormysterioso
02-23-2010, 11:21 PM
This, is Marcus Thornton.

New Orleans:
M. Thornton 37 Pts, 2 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl -- Tonight against the Cavs

Yah, I saw that and I remembered you dropping his name. We could definitely use a line like that from a wing player.

Whistler6
02-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Yah, I saw that and I remembered you dropping his name. We could definitely use a line like that from a wing player.

Ah, I can't take credit for the Marcus Thornton reference. That was PrinceFielder28. Like you, I never heard of the guy until I saw his line and some highlights tonight.

Pretty impressive game regardless, and the fact that he was a 2nd rounder...Looks like he might have been quite the steal.

princefielder28
02-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Back to .500!!!!!

Whistler6
02-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Bogut is 2nd in the NBA in blocks/game to ONLY Dwight Howard. I've never been able to fully get behind Bogut because of his injury plagued past. But damn, he has been lights out. Another excellent game tonight with 26 points, 13 rebs, 2 blocks.

They seem to have just the right mix of savvy veterans and young "giddy up". Mbah Moute has been very good since being put in the starting role. Even if they only manage to sneak in the playoffs and lose 1st round, it is still quite the accomplishment. Maybe not Milwaukee Brewers 2008-esque, but getting there.

cvv84
02-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Just wait until next year when they'll get to unload Redd's expiring contract. We have a descent shot at the playoffs this year which would be astounding considering the low expectations.

26 games left and 7 more wins would top their record of last season.

cvv84
02-26-2010, 11:12 AM
1 game over .500 and the current 7th seed in the East. Michael who?

We're going to have this core group of guys around next season too so there's definite hope for the future.

princefielder28
02-26-2010, 11:59 AM
1 game over .500 and the current 7th seed in the East. Michael who?

We're going to have this core group of guys around next season too so there's definite hope for the future.

It's going to be important to find a 2 guard who can be the future of that position because with Jennings, Mbah a Moute, Ilyasova and Bogut, the team seems to have youth at every other position. Obviously Jodie Meeks was expected to be that guy but that has already failed.

senormysterioso
02-26-2010, 12:04 PM
I really hope they bring back Ridnour next year. He makes a lot but he plays so hard on both ends of the floor and doesn't turn it over much.

princefielder28
02-26-2010, 12:08 PM
I really hope they bring back Ridnour next year. He makes a lot but he plays so hard on both ends of the floor and doesn't turn it over much.

I would love to see Luke back too. He's a solid player off the bench and I think he's been helpful in Jennings' development. The big question is at what price will we be willing to bring him back.

cvv84
02-26-2010, 12:11 PM
It's going to be important to find a 2 guard who can be the future of that position because with Jennings, Mbah a Moute, Ilyasova and Bogut, the team seems to have youth at every other position. Obviously Jodie Meeks was expected to be that guy but that has already failed.

I wouldn't say Meeks was expected to be that guy. Anything you typically get from a 2nd round pick is a bonus. DeMar DeRozan would've been a nice alternative pick if he was availbale and Jennings was gone.

cvv84
03-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Milwaukee has its best record through 61 games since a 33-28 mark in the 2003-04 season.

Big game coming us against the Cavs tonight too. Jennings has lost all confidence in his shooting but luckily Salmons is picking up the slack. 2 more wins and the Bucks will match their record of last season. Currently we're the 6th seed in the East and could potentially get as high as the 5th. Playoffs or not I'm very pleased with the team and they'll only continue to get better once they dump their expiring contracts.

Whistler6
03-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah I went from hoping for a few Jennings highlights this season, to thinking anything close to .500 would be a major win, and now to actually considering the playoffs a foregone conclusion and believing maybe they can actually be competetive in the 1st round.

They look confident and play a fun brand of basketball. Your right about Jennings...I'm starting to wonder if Ridnour should see more minutes. I don't expect the Bucks to make it out of the 1st round, but I am already pleasantly surprised.

Salmons gives them another viable scoring option, and takes the load off other guys like Brandon Jennings. If they can continue to play through Bogut, they will keep putting up W's. Hesitant optimism.

cvv84
03-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Hesitant optimism.

Considering that many didn't expect the Bucks to finish with as many wins as last year I'd have to say you should be pretty optimistic. Bogut has really developed into a damn fine center. Salmons should be back next season. We have 3 potentially nice expiring contracts to trade. And hopefully Jennings can work on his shot in the offseason. They're getting there.

umphrey
03-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Jennings is starting to look like less a rookie sensation and more a project with upside. If we want to win I feel more comfortable with Ridnour and Salmons out there right now.

cvv84
03-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Jennings is starting to look like less a rookie sensation and more a project with upside. If we want to win I feel more comfortable with Ridnour and Salmons out there right now.

We knew what we were getting when we drafted him. I've actually been more impressed with him because he's still doing everything else well aside from his shooting. Which is why if he can improve in that area he's going to be a well rounded player. Really this was to be expected seeing he got little to no playing time overseas.

senormysterioso
03-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Jennings looks on tonight.

cvv84
03-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Jennings looks on tonight.

Started good but he's 2-6 right now. They really need to start taking some better shots. This 2nd quarter is brutal.

senormysterioso
03-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't know what happened, they went ice cold

cvv84
03-06-2010, 09:02 PM
And now Jennings is getting his swagger back!

Whistler6
03-06-2010, 10:39 PM
I had a couple of buddies at UW-Madison talking up how excited they were to see the Cavs-Bucks game tonight. Lebron in live action, how could you go wrong? Poor guys.

On a positive note, excellent win. A should win game, that they did win. It's still the NBA withouth 'Bron playing, and they took care of business on their home court. Nice job.

princefielder28
03-09-2010, 05:46 PM
potential first round preview when the Bucks take on the Celtics tonight...this would've been laughable before the season started

Whistler6
03-09-2010, 07:29 PM
potential first round preview when the Bucks take on the Celtics tonight...this would've been laughable before the season started

Tonight is 1 of 3 more matchups with the Celts left this season. It will be a great measuring stick. Your right though, 2 months ago the Bucks hoping to be competitive with the Celtics would have been a laugher.

As long as they can avoid the Cavs and Magic 1st round, I think they can compete...possibly advace. Possibly. Come on 5-6 seed!

Whistler6
03-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Man, they just completely outplayed the Celtics in that 1st quarter, summed up by Bogut throwing down a nice dunk. The score is deceiving at 24-22 because of Nate Robinson draining back-to-back 3's with a under a minute left. Great start though, they need to keep up the intensity.

senormysterioso
03-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Bogut is abusing the Celtics tonight. It's a thing of beauty.

princefielder28
03-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Bogut is abusing the Celtics tonight. It's a thing of beauty.

This is so exciting to watch; just some great fundamental basketball

Whistler6
03-09-2010, 09:22 PM
If former Buck Ray Allen nails a game winner, I am going to let **** fly...Come on Bucks! You've played too well to let this one slip away.

EDIT: HELL YEAH!

cvv84
03-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Bucks win!!! Fear the Deer!

princefielder28
03-09-2010, 09:24 PM
They get the W! Go cry Doc!

Whistler6
03-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Woah it feel weirds being excited about basketball in Milwaukee. I'm going to hold onto this feeling.

umphrey
03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I coulda sworn I was watching a playoff game. Came in with 8 min left and saw some of the best Bucks basketball I've ever seen.

cvv84
03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
The only team with a better winning percentage after the All Star break has been the Celtics. HUGE win tonight.

Boston
03-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Wow. I knew the Bucks were doing better lately, but I didn't expect ten of the last 11 or 16 of the last 20. I watched the last half of this game and it was great being able to watch Bucks basketball again.

senormysterioso
03-09-2010, 09:49 PM
love that the bandwagon is filling up. Great time to be a Bucks fan.

Whistler6
03-09-2010, 10:19 PM
I tried posting the picture of Bogut's big dunk, but it wouldn't show up. Check it out here. Awesomeness.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/

Packystan
03-12-2010, 05:40 PM
http://cdn.tss.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/andrew-bogut-glen-davis.jpg

Yeah, Bogut made Big Baby his Big B****. That was a great win for them, hopefully they can keep it rolling tonight against a very good Utah team.

cvv84
03-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Another HUGE win tonight.

Cleveland.... Check

Boston..... Check

Utah..... Check

6 games over .500 and firing on all cylinders.

senormysterioso
03-12-2010, 10:06 PM
that one was a nail biter, our defense wasn't where we'll need it to be. But, we'll take 'em however we can get 'em.

cvv84
03-12-2010, 10:15 PM
that one was a nail biter, our defense wasn't where we'll need it to be. But, we'll take 'em however we can get 'em.

HUH?!?! Our defense was outstanding tonight. Utah is the best shooting team in the league and is in the top 5 in scoring. They came in just as hot as the Bucks, averaging 117.8 ppg over the last 6 games. We held them under 90 points and without a made 3 pointer.

Whistler6
03-12-2010, 10:18 PM
24/28 from the charity stripe might be the x-factor of the game. Way to dig deep after giving up the big 3rd quarter lead. Sexy.

senormysterioso
03-12-2010, 10:24 PM
HUH?!?! Our defense was outstanding tonight. Utah is the best shooting team in the league and is in the top 5 in scoring. They came in just as hot as the Bucks, averaging 117.8 ppg over the last 6 games. We held them under 90 points and without a made 3 pointer.

too many second chance points, and gave up too many offensive rebounds. I didn't say it was bad, just not where we're gonna need it to have any success in the playoffs.

Whistler6
03-12-2010, 11:01 PM
too many second chance points, and gave up too many offensive rebounds. I didn't say it was bad, just not where we're gonna need it to have any success in the playoffs.

I agree, but there is a reason Utah has been a consistent playoff team. Boozer is just too powerful to be held down for an entire game, and Utah is going to get their's no matter what defense they are playing. I'm actually pleasantly surprised Deron Williams was kept as quiet as he was with 11 points 9 assists.

I have no complaints, ha I'm just thrilled to be watching winning basketball in Wisconsin!

senormysterioso
03-12-2010, 11:14 PM
I agree, but there is a reason Utah has been a consistent playoff team. Boozer is just too powerful to be held down for an entire game, and Utah is going to get their's no matter what defense they are playing. I'm actually pleasantly surprised Deron Williams was kept as quiet as he was with 11 points 9 assists.

I have no complaints, ha I'm just thrilled to be watching winning basketball in Wisconsin!

You and me both man. I still remember 2001 fondly when we made it to conference finals, it's been a long time since we've had something to be excited about.

Whistler6
03-12-2010, 11:36 PM
You and me both man. I still remember 2001 fondly when we made it to conference finals, it's been a long time since we've had something to be excited about.

The day Ray Allen was traded and Gary Payton was essentially brought in for one average season still hurts my heart.

GB12
03-12-2010, 11:41 PM
The day Ray Allen was traded and Gary Payton was essentially brought in for one average season still hurts my heart.

That was the beginning of the end for me being a Bucks fan. I am happy that they're doing well this season though. I still won't call myself a fan or watch the games, but I like for every hometown team to do well.

senormysterioso
03-12-2010, 11:46 PM

That and the thought that we traded Dirk Nowitzki for Tractor freakin' Traylor are the two most painful memories in my Bucks fandom. Outside of Favre with the Vikes, maybe sports in general.

Whistler6
03-12-2010, 11:55 PM
That was the beginning of the end for me being a Bucks fan. I am happy that they're doing well this season though. I still won't call myself a fan or watch the games, but I like for every hometown team to do well.

Unlike the Brewers where I've ridden the wagon through the lowest of lows for as long as I can remember, I completely checked out for a couple years after Ray Allen was traded away. I would be lying if I said I have been a legitimate "fan" after 2001-2002 until about 2 season ago. I'm not proud of it, but damn who could blame us!

That and the thought that we traded Dirk Nowitzki for Tractor freakin' Traylor are the two most painful memories in my Bucks fandom. Outside of Favre with the Vikes, maybe sports in general.

Initially I thought the Richie Sexson trade might be in the Ray Allen trade category. Thankfully I was proven completely wrong. You gotta admit though, big sexy was fun to cheer for.

Ugh, Robert 'Tractor' Traylor. When the 6th overall pick gives you barely 5 points and 3 rebounds per game in 2 seasons, I think it's safe to stamp him a massive bust. Damnit. Atleast that Dirk guy never panned out... =\

cvv84
03-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Close game today. Bucks were ahead by 15 at one point. Pacers got within 2 with seconds to go but the Bucks held them off to win by 4.

Stack and Kurt Thomas chipping in too. The vets presence really helped today.

princefielder28
03-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Close game today. Bucks were ahead by 15 at one point. Pacers got within 2 with seconds to go but the Bucks held them off to win by 4.

Stack and Kurt Thomas chipping in too. The vets presence really helped today.

certainly not the finish you wanna see but at the end of the day it's a win and this team continues to roll...important three game west coast road trip now

YoungGeezy
03-14-2010, 04:18 PM

Yeah agreed, I grew up with Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson and Ray Allen...later Sam Cassell. Robinson was my all time favorite, I had like 3 jerseys including the awesome green one with the buck on the front, and in the the driveway against my dad I was always called myself "Little Dog" Robinson. After George Karl decided to destroy the franchise and piss away the big 3, I have had a real hard time getting back into them. I try my best to but it never works out.

This is probably the first time I have really been excited by the Bucks since their days as a contender with the big 3, Ervin Johnson dominating on the boards, and Timmy Thomas as the 6 man.

Whistler6
03-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah agreed, I grew up with Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson and Ray Allen...later Sam Cassell. Robinson was my all time favorite, I had like 3 jerseys including the awesome green one with the buck on the front...

I still have my 3 Glenn Robinson rookie cards stashed away in a box. Him leaving was just another hit to my Buck fanhood. I'm almost ashamed to call myself a Buck fan right now after "checking out" for these past few year. Still, I'm stoked to see competitive baskeball return to Milwaukee.

I listened to the entire 2nd half on the radio today as I drove to Green Bay and back. A nice win to be sure, but the way they allow teams back into the game after have a double digit lead in the 4th is cause for concern. A win is a win is a win though, and a 4-0 homestand deserves recognition.

Now that Salmons can play 2nd filddle to Bogut, he is thriving. I like this team, because they have a bunch of support guys who only need to be good not great to win games. As long as Bogut continues to put up double-doubles, they have potential to keep rising.

cvv84
03-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Now that Salmons can play 2nd filddle to Bogut, he is thriving. I like this team, because they have a bunch of support guys who only need to be good not great to win games. As long as Bogut continues to put up double-doubles, they have potential to keep rising.

Bingo. We finally have 2 guys who can take over when needed and a PG that can focus on distributing the ball. Jennings is becoming what we hoped TJ Ford would've became for us.

17 games left. They'll need to finish strong because while they're currently a few games ahead for the 5th seed they're also a few games from being out of the playoffs all together.

Packystan
03-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Andrew Bogut has been named the Eastern Conference player of the month, which he rightfully deserves. The guy has been an absolute MONSTER for us down low.

Whistler6
03-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Bingo. We finally have 2 guys who can take over when needed and a PG that can focus on distributing the ball. Jennings is becoming what we hoped TJ Ford would've became for us.

17 games left. They'll need to finish strong because while they're currently a few games ahead for the 5th seed they're also a few games from being out of the playoffs all together.

Which is the scariest part. As well as they've been playing, they are 3-4-5 game losing streak from dropping to the 8th seed or even out of the playoffs completely.

If they can maintain their position, avoid the Cavs and Magic in the 1st round, and push a 1st round series to 6 possibly 7 games even if they lose, I would be completely satisfied. My dream is for Chicago to miss the playoffs, end up with the 11th pick, and then Milwaukee swaps with them and lands another piece.

They just need to continue to grow together.

Whistler6
03-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Wait, is that Aaron Rodgers at the Bradley Center? Why yes, yes it is! Confirmed by http://twitter.com/LoriNickel of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Great to see "the man" supporting his local team.

cvv84
03-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Wait, is that Aaron Rodgers at the Bradley Center? Why yes, yes it is! Confirmed by http://twitter.com/LoriNickel of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Great to see "the man" supporting his local team.

Shouldn't he be in Jacksonville then? ;)

cvv84
03-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Jennings has 5 three pointers already! 20 points already and there's 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Nice to see him shooting better lately.

princefielder28
03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Jennings has 5 three pointers already! 20 points already and there's 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Nice to see him shooting better lately.

there's definitely some added motivation with this game too, going up against Evans (aka rookie of the year)

Whistler6
03-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I about swallowed my tongune when Bogut rolled his ankle just now. Of course any time he is seen grimacing in pain, I'm thinking great his season's over. He's staying in the game though, so hopefully it's nothing serious. HOPEFULLY!

Shouldn't he be in Jacksonville then? ;)

Go Louisville! Jk.

Whistler6
03-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Win or lose, coming back from a double-digit deficit with 2 minutes left shows a heck of a lot about this team. Jennings is only two 3-pointers away from Ray Allen's record of 3's in a game. OT here we go.

RyanBraun8
03-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Man Solomon and Jennings delievered tonight! 8-13 from 3? Jennings...congrates! Now that Evansmay have a concussion the door is even more open for rookie of the year. If the reward went to the player who meant the most to a team, there is no doubt in my mind that Jennings would win it. In all honesty he has saved the Bucks franchise the same way that McGwire and Sosa (steroids or not) saved baseball. Bucks were on the verge of collasping, the state had lost faith, they were struggling to sell tickets, more and more it was looking like they may have to sell or move but he but the team on his back, Hammonds made some great moves and the franchise is something to be proud of again.

You could say I am overacting or putting to much stock into it but I truely feel he brought the spark back to the franchise. There was not one analyst out there who was predicting the Bucks not to be in the bottom 2-5 in the league and now they are fighting for a 4th or 5th seed. That is huge. Plus they are now damn near filling the Bradley Center. Lets go Bucks!

Whistler6
03-20-2010, 09:39 AM
That's an extreme comparison, but I don't completely disagree. Much like the Badgers didn't received a single top 25 vote in the preseason this year, every "expert" analyst had Milwaukee down in the dumps yet again.

Jennings was solid last night, but he got a little too cocky. He put up some erratic shots. He was 8-13 from three, which was great. But he was 4-15 inside the arc and finished 12-28 overall. I'm more impressed with his 8 assists. But yes 35 points is excellent too.

Salmons, Ilyasova, and Bogut really bucked up when Milwaukee needed it. Pun. Ilyasova's 3-pointer when they were down 3 with about 15 seconds left in regulation was so money. The Bucks simply outlasted them last night. Evans got hurt, a couple of their starters fouled out, and Milwaukee finally finished them off.

Truly an awesome win. Charlotte lost as well and now they play Denver who is something like 35-5 at home this year. That only makes this win that much more important.

cvv84
03-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Man Solomon and Jennings delievered tonight! 8-13 from 3? Jennings...congrates! Now that Evansmay have a concussion the door is even more open for rookie of the year. If the reward went to the player who meant the most to a team, there is no doubt in my mind that Jennings would win it.

See I don't really get why people are saying that Jennings is out of the race. The only knock on him so far has been his shooting percentage. Compare the rest of his stats with Evans and Jennings is a much better 3 point and free throw shooter. Jennings is also ahead in assists and is committing less turnovers. Everything else is pretty much even (rebounds, steals). Not too mention that Jennings is playing pure point guard and leading his team towards the playoffs.

In all honesty he has saved the Bucks franchise the same way that McGwire and Sosa (steroids or not) saved baseball. Bucks were on the verge of collasping, the state had lost faith, they were struggling to sell tickets, more and more it was looking like they may have to sell or move but he but the team on his back, Hammonds made some great moves and the franchise is something to be proud of again.

You could say I am overacting or putting to much stock into it but I truely feel he brought the spark back to the franchise. There was not one analyst out there who was predicting the Bucks not to be in the bottom 2-5 in the league and now they are fighting for a 4th or 5th seed. That is huge. Plus they are now damn near filling the Bradley Center. Lets go Bucks!

He was definetly the spark that ignited the Bucks. We're built on speed and defense and have 2 key positions, PG and center, locked in. Losing Redd was a huge blessing because the offense always had to go through him while he played subpar on defense. We're ahead of schedule and hopefully we'll be able to swap with the Bulls and get their 1st round pick which could add another potential Jennings to the roster.

princefielder28
03-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Hopefully the Bulls don't continue to tank so badly b/c that pick is top 10 protected...so if we can managed to get #11 then the trade would be such a steal; it already is a big steal.

cvv84
03-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Bucks giving the Nuggets a fight tonight. They're up by 3 with 2 minutes left. Great effort giving last nights double OT thriller.

Whistler6
03-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Bucks giving the Nuggets a fight tonight. They're up by 3 with 2 minutes left. Great effort giving last nights double OT thriller.

I cannot believe they won IN Denver tonight. The Nuggets have been near unbeatable at home this season, and the Bucks just ended their 7-game home winning streak. Honestly, I wrote this game off before it started... I...I...I...believe.

The biggest story? Bogut finished with 2 points and 3 rebounds in only 15 minutes. And they still pulled out the win without him! I didn't get to watch the game, but I'm hoping Bogut's limited action wasn't injury related.

Whistler6
03-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Whew, sigh of relief. Apparently Bogut was in foul trouble and basically just ineffective tonight. After a double OT win where Bogut played a massive amount of minutes, I am perfectly alright with an "off night"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_y...d=201003 2007 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=ApWIPqjAm6A2yuqGZduT72oYPaB4?gid=201003 2007)

cvv84
03-20-2010, 10:55 PM
I cannot believe they won IN Denver tonight. The Nuggets and have near unbeatable at home this season. Honestly, I wrote this game off before it started... I...I...I...believe.

Another HUGE win tonight and gave them a 2-1 record for this west coast trip which is what I expected. Just that we'd beat the Clippers and lose to the Nuggets!

Don't look know but if we beat Atlanta we're within reach of the #4 seed.

princefielder28
03-20-2010, 11:22 PM
I didn't get to see the game tonight and like Whistler said, I thought this was an automatic L but THEY WON!!!!

roidrunner
03-20-2010, 11:24 PM
i guess this team is showing that they have a lot more talent then we thought they did. i honestly at the beginning of the season had them written off, because i thought they would suck. i am pleasantly surprised.

cvv84
03-20-2010, 11:30 PM
i guess this team is showing that they have a lot more talent then we thought they did. i honestly at the beginning of the season had them written off, because i thought they would suck. i am pleasantly surprised.

I figured to see baby steps but they're taking some big leaps already. Whenever someone slumps someone else steps up. Thats the mark of a winning team.

princefielder28
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Scott Skiles for Coach of the Year!!!!

RyanBraun8
03-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Man we need to find someone to take Redd and lock up Solomon. We play light years better when he is not playing. He doesn't play defense, shoots way to much, and really wrecks Skiles style of basketball. Solomon fits perfect for what he is doing and gives the bucks a great balance attack. It is no longer all Redd but everyone is involved and can be the star on any given night whether that be Bogut, Jennings, Solomon, Delfino, or Erson.

Man after tonight I think the Bucks stand a great chance to take down the Hawks in the first rd (that is if we hold the 5th or gain the 4th spot)

RyanBraun8
03-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Hammonds GM of the Year?

He doesn't get style points for who he brought in but he has made this team that was projected with the Nets as the worst team in basketball into a legit contender

Whistler6
03-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Man we need to find someone to take Redd and lock up Solomon. We play light years better when he is not playing. He doesn't play defense, shoots way to much, and really wrecks Skiles style of basketball. Solomon fits perfect for what he is doing and gives the bucks a great balance attack. It is no longer all Redd but everyone is involved and can be the star on any given night whether that be Bogut, Jennings, Solomon, Delfino, or Erson.

Man after tonight I think the Bucks stand a great chance to take down the Hawks in the first rd (that is if we hold the 5th or gain the 4th spot)

I think you mean John Salmons right?:rolleyes: I saw that you called him that a few posts up, and I wasn't sure who you were referring to. Unless that's a nickname I missed out on?

You are right though. He is a contributor who can be relied on in crunch time. As a Bull they needed him to be a star, and he's not. He's a great #2-#3 role player, and that's exactly what he can be in Milwaukee.

I think the Bulls woul do very well to keep him around for atleast a few years. He's 31 and has 584 games on those knees, but he's only averaged 25 minutes per game for his career. There is plenty of tread left on his tires, and I think he's a great compliment to Bogut.

Tonight is just another W that has me saying wow. A 2-1 long road trip where they beat the streaking Nuggets, then they beat the current #4 seed at home. Milwaukee is turning some heads, and it's great to see.

Whistler6
03-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Check out ESPN's Bill Simmons' runing diary on the 4th quarter from Monday night's Bucks-Hawks game. He makes some great points about Salmons, Jennings, Bogut, and Skiles.

Just the fact that he of all people is showing interest in Milwaukee, makes me go what? Either way, it's a pretty interesting column. Some don't like Simmons' work, but I think he's got a great sense of humor. It shows here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100323&sportCat=nba

cvv84
03-27-2010, 11:06 AM
2 spankings in a row and injuries are starting to mount. Holding onto the 5th seed by a thread.

Whistler6
03-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I got a bit spoiled after a 15-2 run, but realilty has to set in eventually. When Salmons and Bogut struggle, we need Jennings to step his game up. He hasn't been able to do that.

The last 2 beatings were by teams that aren't any better than the Bucks, and that's what is most concerning. They'll pull it together. 3 games left on this home-stand. As long as they avoid the 7th or 8th seed, I think they have a chance at a 1st round win. A chance.

cvv84
03-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Jennings had a huge game today with 29 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, and 4 steals. Good line right? Well he was 10-24 shooting today.

I really, really hope that he works on his shooting over the offseason. If he can improve that alone he's going to be a tremendous player.

Also I'm thinking that its going to be really important to bring back Ridnour and somehow retain Salmons, assuming that he opts out of his contract. Its also nice to see the Bulls winning. Hopefully they end up with the 10th pick so we can swap.

Whistler6
03-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Jennings had a huge game today with 29 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, and 4 steals. Good line right? Well he was 10-24 shooting today.

I really, really hope that he works on his shooting over the offseason. If he can improve that alone he's going to be a tremendous player.

Also I'm thinking that its going to be really important to bring back Ridnour and somehow retain Salmons, assuming that he opts out of his contract. Its also nice to see the Bulls winning. Hopefully they end up with the 10th pick so we can swap.

On the brink of a 3-game losing streak, it was a crucial win. Jennings makes some stud plays, but he has to work on his shooting. He seems to force some really bad shots. I have plenty of patience though, and I'm confident he'll get better.

If your a Jennings fan I suggest avoiding checking him out on Twitter. If I didn't know any better, I would have guessed he barely graduated high school and skipped college altogether...Oh wait. Jk, I'm a big fan.

Bogut's back had me worried, but he rebounded with a solid game last night. It's not the points or rebounds that impresses me, but the number of minutes he played. 45+

Packystan
03-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Jennings is off to a nice start with 15 points in the first half. Bogut is showing no ill effects of that back, so thats a good sign. Hopefully we can finish this one off strong and head into the Cavs game tomorrow with some momentum and confidence.

cvv84
03-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Wow if you just missed that move by Jennings be sure to catch it on Sportscenter tonight.

Packystan
03-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Boguts ally oop on Kaman was pretty sick as well.

cvv84
03-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Just FYI, last nights victory guaranteed the the Bucks will not finish with a losing record this year for the 1st time in the past 6 years.

Whistler6
03-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Win or lose, tonight should be counted as a plus. They have played the Cavs evenly throughout tonight, when I basically wrote this off as a loss especially being in Cleveland.

You can say, okay if that Cavs would hit their free throws (22/38 tonight) they would be winning this game. But still, an all around solid performance tonight. If they somehow manage to steal a win from Cleveland, there's cause to celebrate!

Come on Bucks. 95-95, a minute to go. Who's the go to guy?

Whistler6
03-31-2010, 08:21 PM
Just FYI, last nights victory guaranteed the the Bucks will not finish with a losing record this year for the 1st time in the past 6 years.

6 years doesn't like all too long, but damn it's felt like an eternity. They've given us much more than I think anyone expected, so congrads to them.

Whistler6
03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
****ing hometown referees. That is BS. I'm not one to complain about calls, but way to hand over the game refs.

princefielder28
03-31-2010, 08:28 PM
****ing hometown referees. That is BS. I'm not one to complain about calls, but way to hand over the game refs.

Cavs FT :: 27-43
Bucks FT :: 8-9

That's garbage!

Packystan
03-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Points in the Paint: 42-36 BUCKS. But yet we can only manage to get to the line 9 times compared to Cleveland's 43, and they end up winning by only win by 3 points! All I can say is WOW.

This is a quote by John Salmons after the game when asked about the free throw difference. "9 to 45? I dont know, that has to be like a record or something.. I dont know. I dont want to lose my money."

Apparently were not the only ones finding this fishy. Anyway, tough loss, but a great game by the Bucks. Way to stick with the Cavs even when it seemed like they were pulling away in the 3rd quarter. This team has so much fight, and resilience. Hopefully we can use what happened down the stretch as a learning experience for future games like this.

cvv84
04-02-2010, 08:25 PM
What a game going on right now.

Whistler6
04-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Great game, but a really really hard loss to swallow. The schedule only gets tougher from here.

They need to figure out what to do with Jennings. His terrible shooting needs to be addressed, and maybe it's time to cut his minutes back a bit. They can't keep winning despite him.

senormysterioso
04-02-2010, 09:57 PM
That was a heartbreaker but what a performance by Salmons. Can't say enough good things about that guy right now. That trade was such an incredible steal for us. Not only did it solidify our spot in the playoffs, it may have cost Chicago theirs.

Whistler6
04-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Points in the Paint: 42-36 BUCKS. But yet we can only manage to get to the line 9 times compared to Cleveland's 43, and they end up winning by only win by 3 points! All I can say is WOW.

This is a quote by John Salmons after the game when asked about the free throw difference. "9 to 45? I dont know, that has to be like a record or something.. I dont know. I dont want to lose my money."

Apparently were not the only ones finding this fishy. Anyway, tough loss, but a great game by the Bucks. Way to stick with the Cavs even when it seemed like they were pulling away in the 3rd quarter. This team has so much fight, and resilience. Hopefully we can use what happened down the stretch as a learning experience for future games like this.

Kevin Garnett spoke up after their loss to the Thunder saying "It's like we were playing ****ing Michael Jordan" in reference to the calls Durant was getting. KG was fined $25,000, and I think he's pulled a fair share of his own favorable foul calls throughout his career. But he had a point though, and I would have loved to hear a Bucks' player speak up like that, even Skiles.

Still, Salmons is right... Travesty of a game by the refs. I hate to bash refs or blame them for a loss, but that was really fricken frustrating.

Whistler6
04-03-2010, 12:08 AM
That was a heartbreaker but what a performance by Salmons. Can't say enough good things about that guy right now. That trade was such an incredible steal for us. Not only did it solidify our spot in the playoffs, it may have cost Chicago theirs.

They are now tied for the 6th and 7th seed, and 1 game up on the 8th seed. I wouldn't say they have a "solidified" spot in the playoffs anymore...They could very easily lose a couple in a row and miss the playoffs altogether.

They needed the win tonight desperately.

I'm confident they will regain their footing, but finishing in the 7th or 8th spot would mean Cleveland or Orlando round 1. Not good.

cvv84
04-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Goodbye season. Holy ******* **** this sucks....

princefielder28
04-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Goodbye season. Holy ******* **** this sucks....

It never fails, poor Andrew :(

Whistler6
04-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Just got home, but heard on ESPN Radio Bogut hurt his arm...What's the verdict? How bad is it?

They are playing well tonight, but they can't dabble on the perimeter every game and shoot well over 50% like they are tonight. To be successful, they need Bogut's inside presence.

cvv84
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Just got home, but heard on ESPN Radio Bogut hurt his arm...What's the verdict? How bad is it?

They are playing well tonight, but they can't dabble on the perimeter every game and shoot well over 50% like they are tonight. To be successful, they need Bogut's inside presence.

Lastest report is that he just dislocated his elbow and that x-rays showed no broken bones.

We can only hope. It looks nasty at first.

Packystan
04-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Lastest report is that he just dislocated his elbow and that x-rays showed no broken bones.

We can only hope. It looks nasty at first.

Where did you see this report?

cvv84
04-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Where did you see this report?

https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel

Packystan
04-03-2010, 09:55 PM
WHEW!!! Hopefully its not serious enough to where Andrew would miss playoff time. If we can, we should rest him till then, and let him heal from this horrific looking injury. I turned my television off in disbelief when the injury originally happened.

Whistler6
04-03-2010, 10:25 PM
WHEW!!! Hopefully its not serious enough to where Andrew would miss playoff time. If we can, we should rest him till then, and let him heal from this horrific looking injury. I turned my television off in disbelief when the injury originally happened.

I'm not sure it's possible to play basketball even if the dislocation is "slight."

I dislocated my elbow a few years back and was set in a cast for 2 1/2 months. If there is no ligament damage, he should recover just fine. But I don't see how he could be healed in the next 2 weeks...

Packystan
04-04-2010, 02:16 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/89851432.html

SAD DAY.

Whistler6
04-04-2010, 08:30 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/89851432.html

SAD DAY.

A source said early Sunday that Bogut suffered a dislocated right elbow, sprained wrist and broken right hand and would likely undergo surgery.

That is about as bad as it gets. If they still manage to find their way into the playoffs, I consider this season an amazing success. Poor Bogues, but I cannot give up on them now.

Kurt Thomas should get a major boost in playing time. Even though he's nowhere near the talent as Bogut, he's atleast capable. Still you are right...Sad day.

cvv84
04-04-2010, 11:29 AM
That is about as bad as it gets. If they still manage to find their way into the playoffs, I consider this season an amazing success. Poor Bogues, but I cannot give up on them now.

Kurt Thomas should get a major boost in playing time. Even though he's nowhere near the talent as Bogut, he's atleast capable. Still you are right...Sad day.

Still better than suffering ligament damage. Their magic number to getting a playoff bearth is 2 so its probably they're going to get in. Suck not having Bogut but the experience that Jennings and the entire team is going to get will be invaluable for the future.

Whistler6
04-04-2010, 05:56 PM
No ligament damage is a major plus, meaning his recovery should be fairly quick. But Bogut's arm turning into spaghetti looked God awfullly painful.

Being reasonable, I didn't expect them to go anywhere in the playoffs this season. So while I'm still bummed about their chances without Bogut, getting to the playoffs and losing 1st round is about what I expected. It's still a big time W for the future confidence of the franchise.

umphrey
04-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I haven't watched the video yet. Too scared. Not because I'm squeamish more because how painful it will be to watch out playoffs get broken in half.

It's up on a major news sight I read in this format and I'm getting sick of being reminded every time I check the site...

http://zonersports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/150bog-100x100-custom.jpg Andrew Bogut's Ugly Elbow Injury [Video] (http://digg.com/d31NSNu)
Andrew Bogut of the Bucks goes down hard after a fastbreak jam and hurts his elbow. Not for the squeamish, especially on the slo-mo replay.

Whistler6
04-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I haven't watched the video yet. Too scared. Not because I'm squeamish more because how painful it will be to watch out playoffs get broken in half.

It's up on a major news sight I read in this format and I'm getting sick of being reminded every time I check the site...

http://zonersports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/150bog-100x100-custom.jpg Andrew Bogut's Ugly Elbow Injury [Video] (http://digg.com/d31NSNu)
Andrew Bogut of the Bucks goes down hard after a fastbreak jam and hurts his elbow. Not for the squeamish, especially on the slo-mo replay.

Better not check it out on Deadspin... I've seen it 15 times now, and for some reason I'll probably watch it again. It's just so fitting for this to happen to the Bucks at the height of their comeback to relevance. I feel like a Cubs fan at the moment.

Whistler6
04-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Bogut to undergo surgery maybe as soon as Monday. It's nothing really surprising, but just further twists the knife in our gut.

Bucks officials were hoping for more encouraging news Sunday when the 7-foot-center underwent further tests. But even with a reduction in swelling, the results were discouraging.

It was then decided Bogut needed to undergo surgery on his hand, possibly as soon as Monday. It means his season is over.

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/bucks_bogut_will_have_surgery.html

Packystan
04-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Win tonight, and were in the PLAYOFFS! Although I still cant stomach the lost of Bogues, being in the playoffs when all the so called "experts" picked us to finish dead last in the CONFERENCE is quite an accomplishment. This team has gone above and beyond every expectation I had for them going into this year, so no matter what happens I'll be happy. This experience and growth of these guys as a team should be a great foundation to build upon for what seems to be a very bright future.

J-Mike88
04-06-2010, 02:31 PM

I can't stand those injuries, gruesome, and I don't like the little nudge that Amare gave to Bogut there. When you are going that fast getting set for liftoff, that's all it takes to mess you up.

Think about Apollo Ohno in the short-track speedskating flying around curves.
Just a tiny tap on the guy in front, and they'll wipe out.
I know this kind of contact happens all the time, but it still sucks that this happened to Andrew, and at this damn point in time.

Also, about Salmons and the refs, KG... why can players, coaches, even fans be ripped on, but refs can't? Why the golden shield for refs?

cvv84
04-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Win tonight, and were in the PLAYOFFS! Although I still cant stomach the lost of Bogues, being in the playoffs when all the so called "experts" picked us to finish dead last in the CONFERENCE is quite an accomplishment. This team has gone above and beyond every expectation I had for them going into this year, so no matter what happens I'll be happy. This experience and growth of these guys as a team should be a great foundation to build upon for what seems to be a very bright future.

Just getting there would be a huge feat for this team. I still think that a duo of Salmons and Jennings should keep them dangerous though. Either way I'm estatic with the season and the way these guys conducted themselves. Skiles = coach of the year. Hammond = exectutive of the year.

senormysterioso
04-06-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed Kurt Thomas and Ilyasova can hold it down. I really think that we can win a series, sort of like a 2007 Warriors playoff run

Whistler6
04-06-2010, 09:20 PM
It would be perfectly fitting for Scott Skiles to clinch the playoffs with a win against the Bulls tonight. Without Bogut, this potential win would be very impressive.

10 seconds.... 8 seconds....TRAVEL!

That's game. Thank you, good night. Oh and we'll have your 1st round pick while we're at it. Get well soon Bogut, we miss you brother.

cvv84
04-06-2010, 09:22 PM
PLAYOFFS!!!!

Packystan
04-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Playoff Basketball In Milwaukee Baby!!

Whistler6
04-06-2010, 09:31 PM
John Salmons played 43 minutes tonights, and had another great game. Without Bogut, I was worried the stress of having to carry the team might overwhelm him.
Not even close.

I still am miffed with Brandon Jennings...1-8 from the field tonight. I would love to get inside a few practices this offseason and see how the coaches plan to make him better. Ah, I just need to be patient and let the guy grow.

Packystan
04-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Man Bogut's cast is HUGE.

http://twitpic.com/1dw7dz

Whistler6
04-07-2010, 04:12 PM
I dislocated my elbow a few years back and had a cast like that for nearly 3 months. Once the cast was removed, my arm was pale, stuck in an L for the next few days, and 75% of the muscle seemed to have disappeared.

Hopefully he can rebound quickly.

umphrey
04-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Hopefully he can rebound quickly.

That's kind of his job, what he does best :)

Whistler6
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm so glad Yi's gone.

Whistler6
04-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Oh, did anyone else see that Brian Butch was signed by the Nuggets? He signed a non-guaranteed contract and will most likely be with them for the rest of the season.

He has a blog on the Big Ten Network website where he's been updating everything he does. He went from overseas, to the D-league all stars, and now to the Nuggets. I don't care all that much for him, but it's nice to see any WI product make it to the NBA.

umphrey
04-07-2010, 11:26 PM
I thought Jon Leuer was a lock to get drafted but I finally found him on a NBA draft site as an honorable mention outside the top 50 for only juniors of the class 2011. Shows what I know about the NBA draft. I thought at 6'10", good athlete, productive, excellent shooter considering he's usually in the post and solid defender would be a great guy to have on your bench, if not starting as a forward.

cvv84
04-08-2010, 07:42 PM
So far the Bulls have the 12th pick so its looking pretty likely that the Bucks will be able to swap picks with them. Add in all their 2nd round picks this year too and its looking like a potentially bright future for the deer. The Bucks would have the 18th pick if the season ended right now.

Whistler6
04-08-2010, 08:46 PM
So far the Bulls have the 12th pick so its looking pretty likely that the Bucks will be able to swap picks with them. Add in all their 2nd round picks this year too and its looking like a potentially bright future for the deer. The Bucks would have the 18th pick if the season ended right now.

Is the 12th pick theirs if they make the playoffs? I don't exactly know how it works. The non-playoff teams are thrown into the lottery, but I see the Bulls are a 1/2 game behind the Raptors and playing the Lebron-less Cavs tonight.

With Bosh out for the rest of the regular season, it looks like the Bulls could easily sneak into the 8th seed.

Whistler6
04-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I thought Jon Leuer was a lock to get drafted but I finally found him on a NBA draft site as an honorable mention outside the top 50 for only juniors of the class 2011. Shows what I know about the NBA draft. I thought at 6'10", good athlete, productive, excellent shooter considering he's usually in the post and solid defender would be a great guy to have on your bench, if not starting as a forward.

As a Badger fan I'm biased, but I definitely see Leuer as a NBA prospect. With everything you mentioned, and the fact that he is a long and strong 6'10'' athlete, I see him having a role on some team.

If Brian Butch can find his way onto a roster, Jon Leuer better be able to.

Whistler6
04-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Glen 'Big Baby' Davis is just that, a big fricken baby. Boo hoo fatty. If Bogut was playing tonight, the Bucks would easily be winning this game. Boston has really fallen hard.

I can root for Ray Allen doing well, and I recognize Pierce is still a great scorer. But they have 0 chance of winning in the playoffs.

princefielder28
04-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Scott got ejected...really a crap call against Stack

Whistler6
04-10-2010, 09:51 PM
The entire game has been this way. It was not flagrant or technical on Stack, he should not still be on the line! What the hell is going on here?

Edit: Nevermind. Ughhh =\

Packystan
04-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I was more confused about the decision late in the game to leave Stack on Paul Pierce when it was obvious Pierce was taking over the game. Luc is our best defender, but yet he's relegated to the bench the whole time this is happens? I guess, but oh well. Maybe I'm being too critical. I thought the Bucks played hard though, just a lot of key turnovers in critical situations. Jennings and Rondo had a pretty heated battle going throughout the game. If we do end up playing Boston in the playoffs its going to be an intense series to say the least. I'm interested to see how the guys show up in Atlanta. I don't believe we would match up with Atlanta well. It seems like all their bigs are great athletes, and then you throw in a Joe Johnson. Thats a very good team. It was difficult for us to beat them when we had Bogut, so defending them without him could be even more difficult. Man I cant wait for the PLAYOFFS! :D

cvv84
04-11-2010, 03:20 PM
I was more confused about the decision late in the game to leave Stack on Paul Pierce when it was obvious Pierce was taking over the game. Luc is our best defender, but yet he's relegated to the bench the whole time this is happens? I guess, but oh well. Maybe I'm being too critical. I thought the Bucks played hard though, just a lot of key turnovers in critical situations. Jennings and Rondo had a pretty heated battle going throughout the game. If we do end up playing Boston in the playoffs its going to be an intense series to say the least. I'm interested to see how the guys show up in Atlanta. I don't believe we would match up with Atlanta well. It seems like all their bigs are great athletes, and then you throw in a Joe Johnson. Thats a very good team. It was difficult for us to beat them when we had Bogut, so defending them without him could be even more difficult. Man I cant wait for the PLAYOFFS! :D

Vets over youth at this point in the season. I was kind of disapointed with Mbah a Moute this year. Luckily the rotation of him, Delfino, and Ilyasova has proved to be effective.

Kind of ironic too that our last 2 games are likely against one of the teams that we'll be facing in the 1st round of the playoffs.

umphrey
04-11-2010, 10:55 PM
I hope we play Boston. We have a heated rivalry brewing there.

Whistler6
04-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Dang it, Bulls beat the Raptors tonight.

cvv84
04-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Dang it, Bulls beat the Raptors tonight.

Keeps them out of the top 10, fine by me :)

cvv84
04-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Just saw too that Hammond was talking about hoping to keep Salmons around next season too and that they may have an extention in the works. We could probably keep him with our MLE but having a core of Jennings, Bogut, and Salmons around for a few more years would be ideal. Hopefully we can find another gem in the draft and use some of our 2nd round picks on international developmental guys.

senormysterioso
04-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Salmons has a player option that's worth about the MLE something like $5-5.5 mil

Whistler6
04-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Dang it! New Jersey pushed Miami to double OT, but it looks like the Bucks will be making their return to the playoffs against Atlanta. Miami loses and we see Boston.

I don't think they win a series regardless if it's Boston or Atlanta, but I would much rather see some aggression revisited against the Celts.

cvv84
04-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Dang it! New Jersey pushed Miami to double OT, but it looks like the Bucks will be making their return to the playoffs against Atlanta. Miami loses and we see Boston.

I don't think they win a series regardless if it's Boston or Atlanta, but I would much rather see some aggression revisited against the Celts.

They had a good chance against Boston IMO even without Bogut. Against the Hawks though is a different story. Those are some athletic, speedy guys who I don't think the Bucks can run with for an entire series.

Still nice to see Jennings getting playoff experience, thats really the big thing for me.

princefielder28
04-17-2010, 02:43 PM
As much as I wanna see Brandon Jennings shine on the national stage to shut up his doubters, any games the Bucks are going to win are going to come from the contributions of John Salmons and we will live or die off of him.

cvv84
04-17-2010, 06:03 PM
They had a good chance against Boston IMO even without Bogut. Against the Hawks though is a different story. Those are some athletic, speedy guys who I don't think the Bucks can run with for an entire series.

Still nice to see Jennings getting playoff experience, thats really the big thing for me.

Pretty much what I expected so far. Jennings has shown up but the Bucks just can't keep pace with the Hawks. We're shooting 43% which is pretty good but pails in comparison to the Hawks 62%

Whistler6
04-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Pretty much what I expected so far. Jennings has shown up but the Bucks just can't keep pace with the Hawks. We're shooting 43% which is pretty good but pails in comparison to the Hawks 62%

Today was about what I expected. They competed, made it close for a while, but inevitably fell to the better team. If they win a game I'll be happy.

I say play Jennings every minute of every single game. Run him ragged with those playoff minutes. Let him shoot until his arms fall off, make or miss. Feed him the ball, let him run the offense, force him to drive in the lane and creat some of his own shots. This experience will only help in the future.

Whistler6
04-20-2010, 08:36 PM
I wish I had more to say about tonight's loss. They are playing tough, but without Bogut, there is just no chance. I'm enjoying these losses though almost as much as the Brewers getting nearly swept out of the playoffs a couple years back.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Your future is bright though. It'll be big though if Salmons resigns this offseason. He's definitely driven up his price tag. There will be some major values though this offseason with all the teams throwing their buck at the big names. Someone like Josh Howard could be had for dirt cheap.

cvv84
04-24-2010, 01:51 PM
John Hammond has won the executive of the year award!

Packystan
04-24-2010, 04:14 PM

It was well deserved. The guy has completely turned this organization around. Look at whats happened to the Pistons since his departure. Billups, gone. Sheed, albeit washed up, is gone. They've added only mediocre free agents with virtually no impact, and now they're in the lottery while the Bucks are a playoff team. Its very clear now that Hammond was the mastermind behind the great years the Pistons had in the mid 2000's, not Joe Dumars.

Whistler6
04-24-2010, 05:33 PM

Hell yeah!

Draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft... Hey the Brewers just won 20-0...Draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft draft...Oh yeah the Bucks are in the NBA Playoffs!

Yeah, it's been a pretty good past couple of days.

princefielder28
04-24-2010, 06:08 PM

very cool...he's done so much for this organization in just a few years

princefielder28
04-24-2010, 08:00 PM
i love how the Bradley Center is so loose and like a zoo haha

cvv84
04-24-2010, 08:06 PM

It just looks like an awesome atmosphere. Nice to see this team taking it too them at home and giving the fans something to be excited about. Salmons hearing *ch-ching* everytime he scores. I hope we can keep him.

Whistler6
04-24-2010, 08:40 PM

The best part, with about 10 seconds left the fans started chanting "Andrew Bogut." What an impressive win. I would say this game was more impressive than the Brewers beating Pittsburgh 20-0.

The crowd tonight brought me back to 2001. Electric!

Boston
04-25-2010, 12:48 AM
God it's nice seeing winning basketball in the Bradley Center again.

Whistler6
04-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Nothing else to say, but what a great win tonight. Electric crowd, Delfino with 6 threes, Salmons and the entire team clutch from the charity stripe...I mean just an all around complete win.

Wow, I think we have a series. I know the next 3 games are in Atlanta, but who knows!

princefielder28
04-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Nothing else to say, but what a great win tonight. Electric crowd, Delfino with 6 threes, Salmons and the entire team clutch from the charity stripe...I mean just an all around complete win.

Wow, I think we have a series. I know the next 3 games are in Atlanta, but who knows!

just to clarify for you, game 5 is in Atlanta, game 6 comes back to Milwaukee, and game 7 would be in Atlanta

Whistler6
04-26-2010, 10:54 PM
just to clarify for you, game 5 is in Atlanta, game 6 comes back to Milwaukee, and game 7 would be in Atlanta

Ugh, another stupid error.

Well, then there's definitely a chance for this to go 7.

the_legend_killer
04-27-2010, 01:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tTbBFthGQQ&feature=player_embedded

(I can't get it to imbed properly)

SeanTaylorRIP
04-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Ugh, another stupid error.

Well, then there's definitely a chance for this to go 7.

Just put it like this, if you win game 5 you take the series in 6. The Hawks are one of the most horrendous road teams historically in the playoffs. Last night was a confidence booster just on the fact that we didn't get blown out. No joke the Hawks team feeds on alley oops in front of the home crowd. That picks up the defense. On the road we are lethargic.

umphrey
04-27-2010, 05:37 PM
What do you guys think of my sig? First time I made a gif from a youtube video. I'll take requests if anyone wants. I might find the video of Clay Matthews stealing Adrian Peterson's cookies and make a gif out of that.

Whistler6
04-27-2010, 07:13 PM
What do you guys think of my sig? First time I made a gif from a youtube video. I'll take requests if anyone wants. I might find the video of Clay Matthews stealing Adrian Peterson's cookies and make a gif out of that.

How Bango managed to not only leap from the top of a ladder, but also nail the dunk without dying, I have no idea. That was so awesome. I'm loving the sig.

That youtube video posted above is pretty funny too.

Whistler6
04-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Just put it like this, if you win game 5 you take the series in 6. The Hawks are one of the most horrendous road teams historically in the playoffs. Last night was a confidence booster just on the fact that we didn't get blown out. No joke the Hawks team feeds on alley oops in front of the home crowd. That picks up the defense. On the road we are lethargic.

The Hawks are so talented that the Bucks really have no business making this a series without Bogut. I'll be rooting hard, and I think Milwaukee has a chance if they win at home, but it's hard to imagine them stealing a game 7 in Atlanta.

Joe Johnson is going to make bank this offseason, is there any chance Atlanta keeps him?