PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Bucks Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Packystan
04-28-2010, 10:32 PM
FEAR THE DEEEEERR!!!! Game 6 at the BC is going to be BANANAS!

princefielder28
04-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Tomorrow night is going to be crazy!

J-Mike88
04-29-2010, 10:21 AM
As long as the refs don't have $ on the Hawks, I see very little chance the Bucks don't advance. Watch the vegas line closely today and tomorrow afternoon.....

Anyone see the stat of Joey Crawford and Mavericks playoff games?
They are like 1-16 in games he officiates, and like 38-25 in games he doesn't, over the same time span. How is that not a gigantic red flag? Any statistics majors here? What are those odds?

princefielder28
05-02-2010, 11:34 AM
The time is almost here!!!

cvv84
05-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Game 7 on the road and Charlie Bell is deactivated due to disiplinary reasons. Bucks will only have 11 players available.

Win or lose I'm proud of how these guys have fought their way into the playoffs and fought their way into making this a series. This is just the start of good things happening for the Bucks.

princefielder28
05-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Luke Ridnour and John Salmons have been awful today...just nothing going at this point

Whistler6
05-02-2010, 02:51 PM
I definitely thought that Bucks would keep it close, and atleast cover the 8 points the Hawks were giving. Oh well. What might have been if Bogut had been healthy huh? Great season, not a bad thing to say about these guys.

princefielder28
05-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Now we look forward to the draft!!!

princefielder28
05-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Seeing as the Bucks have the 15th overall pick, I'm gonna put my top 15 big board....

1. Evan Turner
2. John Wall
3. DeMarcus Cousins
4. Wesley Johnson
5. Derrick Favors
6. Greg Monroe
7. James Anderson
8. Xavier Henry
9. Donatas Motiejunas
10. Gordon Hayward
11. Luke Babbitt
12. Al-Farouq Aminu
13. Patrick Patterson
14. Damion James
15. Hassan Whiteside

J-Mike88
05-03-2010, 07:17 PM
1. John Wall
2. Evan Turner
3. DeMarcus Cousins
4. Derrick Favors
5. Wesley Johnson
6. Hassan Whiteside
7. Al-Farouq Aminu
8. Ed Davis
9. Xavier Henry
10. Greg Monroe
11. Cole Aldrich
12. Donatas Motiejunas
13. Ekpe Udoh
14. Eric Bledsoe
15. Gordon Hayward (Keith Van Horn)

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Even with Bogut back, post scorer has to be need #1, need #2 someone who can stroke it from the perimeter.

umphrey
05-03-2010, 08:01 PM
2 players that really stood out during march madness were Quincy Pondexter and Jordan Crawford.

cvv84
05-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Even with Bogut back, post scorer has to be need #1, need #2 someone who can stroke it from the perimeter.

#1 is to retain Salmons. If Salmons leaves we're going to need to find another SG. If he stays it would be nice to find a true power forward.

Xavier Henry or Ekpe Udoh would be ideal.

Whistler6
05-03-2010, 08:53 PM

I think we need to pace our optimism after this season. If Salmons does stay, then there is definitely a reason to be stoked. But this offseason is going to be really interesting.

Depending on what Wade-Lebron-Bosh-etc do, some teams might panic and throw boat loads of money at guys like Joe Johnson and even John Salmons, which the Bucks might not be able to afford.

The Bucks don't have as much flexibility this offseason as they will next when some of these major contracts are up. I really hope it's not the case, but there is a small chance they takey a step backwards before taking a few forwards. Still, with Jennings and the offense running through Bogut, it's going to be fun to watch.

princefielder28
05-04-2010, 08:22 AM
#1 is to retain Salmons. If Salmons leaves we're going to need to find another SG. If he stays it would be nice to find a true power forward.

Xavier Henry or Ekpe Udoh would be ideal.

I don't like the idea of bringing Salmons back considering the price tag that it's going to cost (i'm thinking like 3 years, $27 million). He was so important for us down the stretch, but he's on the other side of 30, he's always been a player who has started hot for his new team and then died down, and considering the money we already have invested in Michael Redd and Charlie Bell at the position, I think it's too much depending on the money Salmons gets. I would rather bring in another vet for a year at the 2 and then draft one early who we can project as the long term starter.

I also can't get on board with the idea of Ekpe Udoh. He would just add to our offensive futility. Whoever we add this off-season, they need to be scorers.

cvv84
05-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Watching the Hawks getting dismantled really pisses me off because I know we were the better team and should've won that series, even without Bogut. If only our shooting didn't go cold the last 2 games...

princefielder28
05-13-2010, 06:21 PM
anyone want the Bucks in the nba forum mock???

J-Mike88
05-14-2010, 09:57 PM
http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=de591e94-c6a2-4ed2-83e8-dd09d08e3c3b

Whistler6
05-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Alando Tucker is gonna be playing with the Bucks during their summer league this year. It's obviously not Lebron-free agency type news, but atleast a story to follow and root for during the usually quiet Bucks' offseason.

http://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel

Whistler6
05-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Trevon Hughes is getting a try out too, or an "audition" as Gary Woelfel posted.

senormysterioso
05-27-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm getting excited for the draft. I'm really hoping a useful player falls into our lap. I'm hoping for either Xavier Henry or Donatas Motiejunas as of right now I think. We will still need another tough low post player but I think that the offensive potential of either of those players would add a lot to our team.

A lot of mocks have us grabbing Gordon Hayward. I'm not sure how I would feel about that. I personally don't see a very high ceiling for him, but I do kind of like his game. In the NBA draft most years, if you can get a useful player outside of the top 3-5 you're doing well.

Also, there are plenty of rumors floating around about the T-wolves wanting to trade one of Kevin Love or Al Jefferson. I would love to have Al playing the 4 for us. Obviously our cupboards are a bit bare as far as tradeable commodities go, but maybe they'd be interested in Redd's big expirer.

princefielder28
05-28-2010, 08:21 AM
If the Wolves move Jefferson or Love then they'll be looking for somone who can fill it up from the perimeter; something the Bucks have very little of.

princefielder28
06-22-2010, 01:59 PM
nbadraft.net has the Bucks taking Cincinnati guard Lance Stephenson at 15 with James Anderson and Xavier Henry still available...if they would do that I would be so upset

cvv84
06-22-2010, 04:35 PM
The Bucks completed a trade late Tuesday afternoon to acquire forward Corey Maggette from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for guard Charlie Bell and center Dan Gadzuric, according to basketball sources.

In other words: goodbye John Salmons

cvv84
06-22-2010, 06:30 PM
We also got the Warriors 44th overall pick, meaning that we'll have a total of 4 picks in the draft.

princefielder28
06-22-2010, 06:32 PM
great trade! corey doesn't have the best contract but he provides us with a scorer, we don't have to re-sign Salmons to an absurd contract, and we can go ahead and take the best player available in the draft when pick 15 rolls around

umphrey
06-22-2010, 06:35 PM
What are we going to do with all those draft picks though? What happens when half of them don't make the roster? I like the theory, but will it work in the NBA?

princefielder28
06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
What are we going to do with all those draft picks though? What happens when half of them don't make the roster?

draft foreign players

cvv84
06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
What are we going to do with all those draft picks though? What happens when half of them don't make the roster?

Typically the mid to late 2nd round picks are the "draft and follow" type, meaning that they could play overseas or in the D-league while we hold their rights.

princefielder28
06-22-2010, 10:36 PM
looks like we might be adding CDR for a 2nd round pick

senormysterioso
06-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Love the trade, I'm still holding out a slight amount of hope that the market will be cold for Salmons and he ends up re-uping with us. Magette is an underrated player that can guard four positions, top 25 in PER and we got him for trash at the end of our bench and the loss of some flexibility when it comes to free agent money...but lets be honest we're not going to attract many free agents anyway. Love the move.

edit: CDR to Bucks (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37864180/sports/player_news) done deal. I don't know much about him but he's got some potential.

princefielder28
06-22-2010, 11:16 PM
With Maggette and CDR I think we'll be focusing on bringing in a big man with the 15th pick...Larry Sanders is rumored to be the guy they're targeting

senormysterioso
06-22-2010, 11:25 PM
With Maggette and CDR I think we'll be focusing on bringing in a big man with the 15th pick...Larry Sanders is rumored to be the guy they're targeting

I've heard Seraphin as well. As long as we don't lose our minds and take Tiny Gallon at 15 I'll be cool.

the_legend_killer
06-23-2010, 04:17 AM
I wanted us to draft CDR a few years ago when we took Luc, so I'm excited over this.

senormysterioso
06-23-2010, 08:48 AM
CDR posted this last night, great to see he's excited about playing here.

Douglas-Roberts perhaps scooped everyone by posting on his Twitter feed earlier in the day "Got news for yall later! Yall ready for this??? Ahhahaaahaha. I jus can't hide it. FTD. Yes yess! FTD yes yess!" and then a few hours later ":-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D FTD yes yess!!!" Then finally he wrote "Ok y'all. Can't say anything until Friday. Sorry! FTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

princefielder28
06-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Predictions for the Bucks 4 picks

Larry Sanders
Lance Stephenson
Sherron Collins
Brian Zoubek

senormysterioso
06-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Predictions for the Bucks 4 picks

Larry Sanders
Lance Stephenson
Sherron Collins
Brian Zoubek

I have a feeling about Seraphin for some reason...I feel like the front office is going for broke, looking to hit a home run in the draft and I think out of the big men that will likely be available at 15 Seraphin has the highest ceiling. Maybe that's just because I don't know much about him other than the scouting reports and a few highlight clips, but that's just my gut feeling. Even though we got Magette I'm still crossing my fingers for Xavier Henry.

princefielder28
06-24-2010, 05:25 PM
I have a feeling about Seraphin for some reason...I feel like the front office is going for broke, looking to hit a home run in the draft and I think out of the big men that will likely be available at 15 Seraphin has the highest ceiling. Maybe that's just because I don't know much about him other than the scouting reports and a few highlight clips, but that's just my gut feeling. Even though we got Magette I'm still crossing my fingers for Xavier Henry.

I would love Seraphin but I think they'll be looking for a more immediate impact from a big...i would love to get Henry or Anderson but with the additions of Maggette and CDR I don't see it happening

princefielder28
06-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Larry Sanders is the guy!

cvv84
06-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Larry Sanders is the guy!

I like it. Athletic big man who can defend. Gives us some more depth at forward and if he can develop an offensive game he should be a good pick for us.

princefielder28
06-24-2010, 09:02 PM
I see us trading up soon seeing as Stephenson is still on the board

princefielder28
06-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Darington Hobson should provide us with some versatility

princefielder28
06-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Jerome Jordan....nice!

princefielder28
06-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Tiny!!!!!

We got huge tonight

cvv84
06-25-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm estatic over this offseason. I figured that we'd take a step back in terms of talent but instead we're getting better and deeper. The icing on the cake would be to have Salmons return.

princefielder28
07-01-2010, 07:34 AM
looks like Salmons is close to re-signing

senormysterioso
07-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Drew Gooden to the Bucks for 5 years, $32 million http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/nbanews.asp?articleID=283214

EvilMonkey
07-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Gooden and Salmons. All the additions have surprised me. We have just a ton of depth right now. If Jennings makes the next leap and Skiles can keep getting guys to buy into his defensive philosophy, this could be a really, really good team next year.

cvv84
07-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Gooden and Salmons. All the additions have surprised me. We have just a ton of depth right now. If Jennings makes the next leap and Skiles can keep getting guys to buy into his defensive philosophy, this could be a really, really good team next year.

Just think, we still have Redd's contract to unload as well.

princefielder28
07-01-2010, 08:15 PM
I've read a bunch of hate on the Drew Gooden signing but the majority of those people never watched a Bucks game last year and saw how much our lack of depth in the front court hurt us and really hurt our ability to rebound. Gooden provides us with a solid rebound on both ends of the floor and a veteran 4 to play along with Bogut.

RyanBraun8
07-01-2010, 10:53 PM
If people hate Gooden they don't know basketball. He fits perfect for what Skiles does. He is more defensive minded and a great rebounder, something the Bucks have desperately needed to blend with Bogut. Now we have the 2 big men who play well down on the blocks and rebound.

My big question is who do we trade now to get some guards? We are loaded with PF's and SF/SG's but if Luke isn't back we have big wholes behind Jennings and Bogut. Love what Hammonds is doing and this team is looking really good. FEAR THE DEER is going to be in full swing!

C: Bogut, Jordan (even though I heard he may be traded and isn't on the summer league roster)
PF Gooden, Illyasova, Sanders, Gallon, Jackson
PF/SF Mbah a Moute
SF Maggette, Delfino
SF/SG Douglas-Roberts, Hobson
SG Salmons
PG Jennings

Free-Agents still
Michael Redd (ETO), Primoz Brezec, Royal Ivey, Luke Ridnour, Jerry Stackhouse, Kurt Thomas

Summer League FA pool that could make team

C John Bryant
PF Sean Williams
SF Deron Washington, Micah Downs
SG Jerry Smith
PG Antoine Agudio, Paul Delaney

I'm pulling for Jerry even though we turned down UW and Marquette to go to Louisville ha. Still was Mr. Basketball Wisconsin.

Hope we can resign Luke Ridnour but have to love the depth, it will be interesting to see how the roster shakes out.

Bogut, Gooden, Illyasova, Sanders, Gallon, Mbah a Moute, Maggette, Delfino, Douglas-Roberts, Salmons, Jennings and hopefully Luke Ridnour are the guys I see making the team...lot of big men

umphrey
07-02-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm no NBA guru but I like what we're doing. Stockpile big men and get as much depth/quality there as you can - winning the rebound battle wins lots of games and when you force the other team to take outside shots they miss a lot. Then let Jennings run the offense, hope he plays like a mini Steve Nash where he can score but is really good at drawing attention and then dishing out assists underneath. Last, keep Salmons or someone like him with decent height that is like a #2 scoring threat by draining mid range jumpers.

People always compared Jennings to Iverson but from what I saw he wasn't as selfish as Iverson was. He had decent assist numbers IMO. I want to see him play like this: drive to the hoop when it's there, draw fouls, and spend a lot of time as a decoy to draw out the defense and make good passes.

Packystan
07-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Salmons is comin back! http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/97689444.html

Jennings/Ivey
Salmons/CDR
Maggette/Delfino/Mbah a Moute
Gooden/Ilyasova/Sanders/Gallon
Bogut

John Hammond has done a fantastic job of turning around this franchise.

PackerLegend
07-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Im glad that Salmon's is coming back. Awesome.

princefielder28
07-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I guess we're looking at bringing in Wesley Matthews too

senormysterioso
07-03-2010, 10:30 AM

I loved Wes at Marquette, I'm really not sure what we have left to offer, it would have to be a sign and trade at this point, right? Or maybe I just don't understand the NBA salary cap at all.

Packystan
07-03-2010, 12:41 PM

Is there a link?

princefielder28
07-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Is there a link?

not sure of the exact source but it was on rotoworld

cvv84
07-19-2010, 05:03 PM
The Kings have agreed to send power forward Jon Brockman to the Bucks in a sign-and-trade deal for Darnell Jackson and a future second-round pick.

cvv84
07-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Keyon Dooling also signs a 2 year deal to backup Jennings while Larry Sanders was also named to the All-Vegas team.

I recorded a few of the Bucks summer league games to watch Sanders and he looked as advertised. He's lanky but is always around the ball and never gives up on a play. His offensive moves were clearly lacking but in terms of rebounds/blocks I think he should be a nice fit.

princefielder28
07-19-2010, 08:47 PM
John Hammond is continuing his wonderful off-season

umphrey
07-20-2010, 08:37 AM
So how about some projections?

1) Miami
2) Orlando
3) Milwaukee
4) Boston
5) Atlanta
6) Chicago
7) Cleveland
8.) New York

I see us as high as 3 and as low as 6. IMO we are better than Boston and Atlanta and Chicago could get as high as 3 but I have them rated lower. Bogut has to stay healthy and we can make some noise in the playoffs.

PackerLegend
07-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Are we going to get rid of Micheal Redd? I watch some of the games but I dont totally follow the NBA all that much. I just know he is getting paid a ton of money and hasnt helped the Bucks in awhile. Partly due to injuries.

princefielder28
07-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Are we going to get rid of Micheal Redd? I watch some of the games but I dont totally follow the NBA all that much. I just know he is getting paid a ton of money and hasnt helped the Bucks in awhile. Partly due to injuries.

if he is moved then it'll be around the trade deadline in february...his expiring contract will be attractive to many teams

princefielder28
08-19-2010, 12:16 PM
looks like earl boykins will be joining the team

cvv84
10-22-2010, 04:42 PM
1 more preseason game to go! A much deeper Bucks squad this year and a Lebron-less Central division. Should be a good year and the start of something good in Milwaukee.

senormysterioso
10-23-2010, 10:34 AM
I realize it's ridiculous to be talking about the trade deadline before the first game, but I'm really interested to see what's going to happen with Michael Redd. His $18 million expiring deal will be super valuable, especially if Melo doesn't get dealt. Another very plausible scenario is that he gives us some valuable minutes off the bench. He's always been a great shooter, hell he was an all star. He could be an under the radar contributor.

princefielder28
10-23-2010, 10:52 AM
That's a great point, the casual fan looks at Redd and his $18 million and thinks what a mistake...but he's one of the best three point shooters in the league, when healthy, and come January/February he might be able to net us a quality player, who might be able to put us over the top, thanks to a team looking to cut salary

cvv84
10-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I realize it's ridiculous to be talking about the trade deadline before the first game, but I'm really interested to see what's going to happen with Michael Redd. His $18 million expiring deal will be super valuable, especially if Melo doesn't get dealt. Another very plausible scenario is that he gives us some valuable minutes off the bench. He's always been a great shooter, hell he was an all star. He could be an under the radar contributor.

He's never going to play for the Bucks again. He's either going to be traded or at the very least give us the salary cap relief next year. But there is no way on this planet that he'll ever suit up for the Bucks.

EvilMonkey
10-23-2010, 11:02 AM
He's never going to play for the Bucks again. He's either going to be traded or at the very least give us the salary cap relief next year. But there is no way on this planet that he'll ever suit up for the Bucks.

everything i've read says the Bucks won't be keeping him all year and obviously then letting him walk to get their cap number back down around $55 million next year. If he's not traded and is gonna be ready around January-February, why would he never suit up for the Bucks again? He'll play off the bench down the stretch and I think fits in well as a scorer if we need him or just a spot-up 3 point shooter. I don't think there is any way on this planet he doesn't suit up for the Bucks again.

cvv84
10-23-2010, 11:10 AM
everything i've read says the Bucks won't be keeping him all year and obviously then letting him walk to get their cap number back down around $55 million next year. If he's not traded and is gonna be ready around January-February, why would he never suit up for the Bucks again? He'll play off the bench down the stretch and I think fits in well as a scorer if we need him or just a spot-up 3 point shooter. I don't think there is any way on this planet he doesn't suit up for the Bucks again.

I'd take that bet.

senormysterioso
10-23-2010, 11:16 AM
It remains to be seen, he just did an interview and he said that he's excited to be a part of the Bucks team and he want's to contribute in whatever way the team asks. If Redd is willing to embrace a bench role with limited minutes, and we have trouble finding a deal because of the impending strike/lockout, it would be stupid not to get him some minutes.

cvv84
10-23-2010, 11:44 AM
It remains to be seen, he just did an interview and he said that he's excited to be a part of the Bucks team and he want's to contribute in whatever way the team asks. If Redd is willing to embrace a bench role with limited minutes, and we have trouble finding a deal because of the impending strike/lockout, it would be stupid not to get him some minutes.

Where was Redd last season after he got re-injured? He stayed away from the team. A lockout isn't going to affect a trade.

umphrey
10-23-2010, 12:27 PM
If he would play within a team where he comes off the bench and isn't a top scoring threat he would be very valuable IMO. Not $18 mil valuable obviously but still helpful. With most of the offense coming from Jennings running it and Bogut doing everything underneath, option 2 is Salmons with the mid range stuff, having option 3 of get Redd open for 3 sounds pretty good. At the very least you can bring him in when the team is struggling and the different look either gets points for Redd or Bogut and Jennings get to try attacking a different defense.

senormysterioso
10-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Who would have thought that Delfino would play more than twice as many minutes as Maggette. I do like him off the bench a lot though. The minutes will work themselves out as the season drags on.

Andrew Bogut looks like he's right back to the level he was at before the injury. His free throw shooting has looked pretty atrocious though, possibly because of the elbow. I know he's only about career 60% from the line but he's looked Shaq bad tonight.

I like Gooden and Bogut on the floor together. They're both so good in the post. We should out rebound pretty much everybody this year. Especially when We have Those two and Ersan and/or Mbah a Moute on the floor all at the same time.

Jennings jump shooting still looks average at best, I was hoping to see a marked improvement. Hopefully it will come at some point this season. His passing has been outstanding though.

senormysterioso
10-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Such a lackadaisical showing tonight so far. We're playing lazy defense and settling for less than ideal shots. This (lack of) effort tonight is pretty much the antithesis of what we were about all last year.

cvv84
10-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Such a lackadaisical showing tonight so far. We're playing lazy defense and settling for less than ideal shots. This (lack of) effort tonight is pretty much the antithesis of what we were about all last year.

Its still just the 2nd game of the season and they have alot of new faces and guys trying to get back from injuries.

J-Mike88
10-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Losing to the Timberpuppies is like losing to the Bills or Lions in football.
These Wolves regularily lose 9 of 10 games during the course of a season.

cvv84
10-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Brandon Jennings with a triple double on the night.

umphrey
10-30-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm surprised a little guy like Jennings managed 10 boards

PackerLegend
10-30-2010, 10:39 PM
FEAR THE DEER

princefielder28
10-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Nice home opener last night...we have great home court advantage at the Bradley Center

J-Mike88
11-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Nice win by the Bucks tonight in Indiana.
Johnny Salmons leads the way with 24 points.

I'm still missing Marques Johnson & Sidney Moncrief though.
Where's Paul Pressey, Junior Bridgeman, Bigfoot Lanier, and even Paul Mokeski?

cvv84
11-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Looks like the Bucks are finally shaking off the rust. Salmons is starting to come around now and Gooden is proving to be a nice addition. Still wish Jennings shooting % would improve though.

senormysterioso
11-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Yah, you can definitely tell Salmons is getting his legs under him.

cvv84
11-27-2010, 11:00 AM
5 straight losses now...

Salmons still looks to be in preseason form.

Bogut can't get healthy.

Shooting has been horrendous.

But on the bright side Larry Sanders is stepping up his game and starting to develop.

yodabear
12-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Going to the game tonight! Its the Heat, so the Bucks will prolly lose.

princefielder28
12-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Jennings out 4+ weeks

senormysterioso
12-20-2010, 12:43 PM
We have to find offense somewhere...anywhere! We're not getting enough out of Magette or Salmons. CDR and Ersan just don't look capable of putting up enough points to rely on them, but they're they only guys that have been even semi-consistently knocking down shots.

I love Skiles, but he has to open it up a little bit. Playing great defense is awesome, and I love that about us...but ****, we have to score more than 80/game. This is the NBA, not the Big 10.

cvv84
12-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Jennings out 4+ weeks

Kick me in the sack

J-Mike88
12-22-2010, 08:20 AM
What the hell?
Winning at the Lakers last night?
And nobody's here to talk about THAT game?

Come on fellas!
Earl Boykins did just fine in place of BJennings.

cvv84
03-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Man this team just cannot close out games. Another tough loss tonight and its time say hello to the lottery...

princefielder28
04-10-2011, 10:44 AM
good news, season ends Wednesday!

princefielder28
05-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Lottery night!!!! our chance to land Derrick Williams

cvv84
05-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Lottery night!!!! our chance to land Derrick Williams

We'd also be the 1st team to go from #10 to #1, seeing thats our only hope of landing him.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-17-2011, 04:42 PM
We'd also be the 1st team to go from #10 to #1, seeing thats our only hope of landing him.

Well in actuality most teams that win the lottery will take Kyrie Irving, and a few teams could take Enes Kanter #1. So if the Bucks sneak into the top 3 they could easily land Williams.

cvv84
05-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Well in actuality most teams that win the lottery will take Kyrie Irving, and a few teams could take Enes Kanter #1. So if the Bucks sneak into the top 3 they could easily land Williams.

Either way its highly unlikely the balls bounce the Bucks way. I'd love to get Williams though or that kid from San Diego State.

princefielder28
05-18-2011, 09:28 AM
With the Bucks being at the 10th pick I'd love to see them select Klay Thompson...this team needs someone who just knows how to score

princefielder28
06-21-2011, 09:22 AM
draft week is here

-Bogut is being rumored in a potential swap wth the T'Wolves for the 2nd pick

-the team will match any offer made to RFA Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

princefielder28
06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Bucks have made a deal!

so far...they acquire Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston, Beno Udrih, 19th pick

Corey Maggette and 7th pick head to Charlotte

John Salmons and the 10th pick headed to Sacramento

EvilMonkey
06-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Bucks have made a deal!

so far...they acquire Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston, Beno Udrih, 19th pick

Corey Maggette and 7th pick head to Charlotte

John Salmons and the 10th pick headed to Sacramento

i like it. We need a backup point guard and Beno will be perfect for that. Obviously scorers are needed in the NBA, but they are easy to find and always get overpaid and as a result traded often. We go from having 2 of those guys in Maggette and Salmons to now just having 1 so although I'm not a real SJack fan, it turns 2 bad contracts into 1 so I'm fine with that part too. Hopefully we can still get a nice player at 19 as well.

princefielder28
06-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Tobias Harris was the Bucks selection...i'm a fan of the pick...he's a hard working kid who performed very well as a frosh at a school surrounded by chaos all year

Zycho32
06-24-2011, 03:27 AM
Is Jon Lauer worth more than Jon Brockman?

cvv84
06-24-2011, 01:01 PM
I was hoping the Bucks would swing a deal and land Derrick Williams but that went pretty quickly after the trade.

I liked getting rid of Salmons and Magette and the move ended up saving us something like $5 million. I kind of wish we stayed at 10 though and took either Alec Burks, Kawhi Leonard, or Marcus Morris.

I feel like either of those 3 guys would've gave us a much more needed impact and positions of need. Harris is a sleeper but its going to take a few years for him to develop. And his ceiling isn't very high to begin with.

All in all we still need guys to develop and take bigger steps. So far that hasn't happened with picks like Jennings and Sanders. A guy like Williams could've really opened up our offense and give us some potential star power.

cvv84
12-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Damn they let this one get away.

Good points though:

Shaun Livingston looked really good

Larry Sanders looks much improved - but still developing

Brandon Jennings FG% was descent until he chucked up a few 3's late in the game while playing from behind

Bogut made it through healthy and made 3-4 FT's

Bad spots:

The 3rd quarter. Their defense and shooting went in the tank which let the game slip away

Technical fouls. Stephen Jackson and Drew Gooden...

Rebounding. We got killed on the glass but an undersized team.

princefielder28
12-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Livingston was a pleasant surprise tonight for sure...Jackson was ice cold and in foul trouble all game which was the deciding factor...this is definitely a deep team and I am excited about the year

princefielder28
03-13-2012, 08:06 PM
bye Bogut, hello Monta

cvv84
03-14-2012, 03:04 PM
bye Bogut, hello Monta

Not just that. Goodbye Bogut/Jackson, hello cap relief. This couldn't have gone any better for the Bucks. Getting Ellis who'll make a terrific backcourt with Jennings, Udoh whom the Bucks reportedly coveted in the draft 2 years ago, and Kwame Brown's expiring contract for 2 pricey guys, one of which was always injured and the 2nd who didn't want to be here.

I'd love to the see Bucks get some run out of Larry Sanders. I think he could have the potential to be a future center for us. I liked Bogut but I'm very happy about this trade.

bigboiajhawk
03-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Not just that. Goodbye Bogut/Jackson, hello cap relief. This couldn't have gone any better for the Bucks. Getting Ellis who'll make a terrific backcourt with Jennings, Udoh whom the Bucks reportedly coveted in the draft 2 years ago, and Kwame Brown's expiring contract for 2 pricey guys, one of which was always injured and the 2nd who didn't want to be here.

I'd love to the see Bucks get some run out of Larry Sanders. I think he could have the potential to be a future center for us. I liked Bogut but I'm very happy about this trade.

100% agree with everything in this post. Have the exact same feelings of Sanders, but I think Skiles wants him to develop another year. He also tends to get into foul trouble, so maybe that has more to do with his lack of PT.

cvv84
03-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Drew Gooden 3 rebounds from a triple double

cvv84
03-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Drew Gooden 3 rebounds from a triple double

He got it!

princefielder28
03-14-2012, 08:44 PM
It's been an exciting game tonight

princefielder28
06-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Bucks deal Leuer, Brockman, Livingston and the 12th pick for Dalembert and the 14th pick

right now the team looks like....

Jennings : Udrih
Ellis : Dunleavy
Mbah a Moute : Harris
Gooden : Udoh
Dalembert : Sanders

cvv84
07-01-2012, 09:02 PM
I was really hoping for a SG but Toronto kind of screwed that up for us. Still thrilled to get Henson though and Lamb has some big time potential as a shooter for us.

I like the look of our roster so far. Pretty thrilled to get a legit center plus a top 10 player in Henson by moving down 2 spots.

princefielder28
07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
I was really hoping for a SG but Toronto kind of screwed that up for us. Still thrilled to get Henson though and Lamb has some big time potential as a shooter for us.

I like the look of our roster so far. Pretty thrilled to get a legit center plus a top 10 player in Henson by moving down 2 spots.

I like the look of the roster as well

bigboiajhawk
07-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Bucks signed Ersan.

Pretty solid top to bottom roster.

PG: BJ3, Udrih
SG: Ellis, Dunlevy, Lamb
SF: LRMAM, Dunlevy, Harris
PF: Ersan, Gooden, Henson
C: Dalembert, Sanders, Udoh, Henson

I like how this roster is positioned for the future. Once Dalembert leaves (assuming the Bucks don't resign him) we will have one of three big guys to fill the position. The only concern is at the SG position, but with Lamb we have drafted a guy that is deadly from 3 point, much like Ray Allen and Michael Redd were (not saying Lamb is going to turn out like either of them, but there is hope).

I really hope the Bucks don't go through the injury bug again, because this years roster screams a 5 or 6 seed team. I also really hope that Kohl keeps Hammond, because in my mind he has completely overhauled a terrible roster.

Future Roster:

PG: BJ3, veteran PG or 2nd round draft pick
SG: Lamb, or 1st Round Draft Pick/Veteran FA
SF: Harris, LRMAM
PF: Ersan, Gooden, Henson
C: Sanders/Udoh/Henson

princefielder28
07-10-2012, 07:12 AM
I like our roster quite a bit too, lots of different options for Skiles.

bigboiajhawk
07-19-2012, 05:07 PM
I know it is just summer league, but is this one of the few times where our rookies actually look good? Tobias needs to get PT this year, but man Henson looks like he can and should contribute in year 1, as well as Doron Lamb coming into games when we need a shooter. This is probably the best I have felt about a draft class since we drafted BJ3. Just stay healthy....

cvv84
07-28-2012, 06:34 PM
I know it is just summer league, but is this one of the few times where our rookies actually look good? Tobias needs to get PT this year, but man Henson looks like he can and should contribute in year 1, as well as Doron Lamb coming into games when we need a shooter. This is probably the best I have felt about a draft class since we drafted BJ3. Just stay healthy....

They looked good but just remember that Tobias was one of the youngest players in the NBA last year and Henson is still raw offensively. What the Bucks really need is Jennings to keep improving his shooting, Ersan to stay consistant, and a guy like Larry Sanders to step up. Anything we get from Tobias, Henson, and Lamb are a bonus.

princefielder28
11-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Tobias Harris!!!!!

Bucks 1-0

princefielder28
02-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Monta Ellis for Josh Smith rumors out there

Packystan
06-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Long time since there was a discussion in this thread, and for good reason considering how awful the Bucks were this past season. That all changes tonight though, and we are in a prime position to finally be able to land the bona fide superstar the franchise has lacked and desperately needs to bring media attention to the team, while also reinvigorating the city and fan base.

Which leads to my ultimate question of which prospect you would rather have become the newest Milwaukee Buck: Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker? I honestly believe you can't go wrong with either, but deep down, I'm hoping the Cavs brass just cant pass up the ridiculous athleticism and ceiling of Wiggins so that the ultra smooth, and incredibly poised scoring machine that is Jabari Parker, falls right into our lap. I believe Parker has the talent, and ability to average 20 ppg as a rookie for the Bucks, and become the cornerstone player that the franchise needs to get people excited about Bucks basketball once again.

Not to mention the fact that he prefers gplaying for Milwaukee rather than Cleveland. When is the last time you've heard of a prospect preferring Milwaukee to any city? That alone should get fans excited about the prospect of landing the Chicago native, because Wiggins has already stated that he's anxious to get drafted so he can know "where I'll be spending the next 4 years." Doesn't sound like a guy would even sniff a second contract with the Bucks, even if it was a max deal with more money to offer than another team.

Parker and the Bucks seem match made, and the mutual interest makes it a no brainer IMO. Pairing Jabari with Giannis (who is now 6'11") Henson, Knight, and HOPEFULLY a more mature Larry Sanders, is a great foundation to continue to build on. I'm interested in your guys' opinion on the matter.

princefielder28
06-26-2014, 01:29 PM
I want Jabari 100%. He is the perfect fit next to Giannis and would give the franchise two anchors to build around.

Packystan
06-26-2014, 08:17 PM
We got Parker! Couldn't be more excited for next season!

princefielder28
06-27-2014, 09:05 AM
The big question now is who will be the back court mate with Brandon Knight. I have a feeling the team might make a run at Eric Bledsoe in a sign and trade.

J-Mike88
07-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Good piece here for you Bucks fans> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2132645-why-giannis-antetokounmpo-is-nbas-most-intriguing-prospect-under-20

princefielder28
07-20-2014, 07:46 AM
Giannis was a home run selection by John Hammond

EvilMonkey
07-21-2014, 07:08 PM
like the Kendall Marshall pickup. Underrated and I dont get why the Lakers waived him.

princefielder28
07-21-2014, 07:20 PM
like the Kendall Marshall pickup. Underrated and I dont get why the Lakers waived him.

I would start Marshall with Knight, Parker, Ilyasova and Sanders. Giannis could be our sixth man with the ability to play everything but the 5.