PDA

View Full Version : starks trade??

terribletowel39
04-02-2007, 10:45 AM
I wanted to get the steeler fans opinion on this and not all these random ppl. what do you guys think of the trade?? is it plausible?? would Grimm/Whiz want to bring in starks that bad?? regardless of what some ppl play the entire line played outstanding during our superbowl yr and EVERYONE had a down yr on offense this past yr. starks is not a bad RT sure he has some flaws but he is an upgrade over anything on the Cards O-line. i don't know, i don't think i would like it, simply because i am not a big fan of anyone that early. and the only person i would want is Landry, but we found a safety last draft in smith. landry would unseat smith so fast though. i'll stop rambling. give me yalls opinions.

mikehop05
04-02-2007, 10:59 AM
well i wouldn't mind it, but i heard that the rumor isn't true, after PFT had announced it they went back and denounced it a couple hours later

i like it simply because of the firepower it gives us to trade back for more picks, and the depth we have behind starks

DeathbyStat
04-02-2007, 11:01 AM
It would be amazing but it won't happen...starks is awfull. But if it happens..hello Gaines Adams.

steel man
04-02-2007, 12:13 PM
i hope it happens, then we could trade up one or two more spots and get Calvin Johnson....our Big,Sure handed, Play maker, that can out run anyone in the NFL plus is big enough to go over the middle and if we did not trade up we would be able to get Adams or if Thomas fell to 5 that would be an upgrade over Starks

DeathbyStat
04-02-2007, 02:09 PM
I think Gaines would be the pick..Johnson would be sick though

terribletowel39
04-02-2007, 02:41 PM
i would hope that we traded it away to get many a more picks. maybe to like 20 or something. and pick up.....you guessed it......Dwayne Bowe.

steel man
04-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I think Gaines would be the pick..Johnson would be sick though

yeah...i can see him just blowing up. i would love to get him, plus that would give us a great young QB and a great young WR for years to come. he could learn under Ward, and with his size he would be a good blocker and we know he is a great WR already. being in Pittsburgh would keep him out of trouble and he would have a QB with an arm that he could not out run. Ben has an accurate and really strong arm, so they would be perfect together.

brat316
04-02-2007, 07:54 PM
WOW wat are u expecting from Starks for the cards or some team to give up a first or second round pick, and then we trade ours and that extra pick to get into the top 10 wait not even top 10 more like top 5 by saying Landry, Johnson, Adams ( Why would we want him where would he fit, LB to small)
But i guess u guys could dream
I am a huge fan of Landry though i doubt he is going to fall like Roethilsburger did and if he does Panthers, and the Rams and SF need Safties

TerribleEd
04-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Y'know, I had the feeling since the offseason began that the Steelers would let Starks go to get something in return for him.

Then they offered him that tender which would require 1st round compensation in return. I was shocked. Why would they do that? If they had tendered him 1.3 M then they would get a second rounder in return, If no takers, well, at least they would save some cap space. I've thought about it many times since then, and I still continue to scratch my head in confusion over what they were thinking with that move.

I had actually thought about him reuniting with Whiz and Grimm in Arizona several times prior to that rumor appearing. When the rumor did come about, I was so pumped up, and praised the Steelers for yet another savvy move. Now, it appears that this trade isn't going to happen, and was just B.S.

However, the mere fact that this rumor was raised tells me there are others that have thought the same as I did with respect to Max Starks and the strange way the Steelers have handled his being a RFA.

If they can find a way to move him and get a first day pick, then I'm all for it.

BTW, I don't think the Steelers are that interested in Gaines Adams, even if they were in a position to draft him. Sure he is supposed to be the best pass rusher in the draft, but he is not great against the run and Tomlin has said that his goals are to run the ball on offense and stop the run on defense. Gaines Adams doesn't exactly fit that mold.

I think the Steelers would like to get into position to get multiple players rated between the mid-first round and mid-second round.

The fact that they are bringing in both Timmons and Beason shows that they are indeed interested in a hybrid and eventual move to the 4-3.

I also think its interesting that they went to the LSU pro day to scout Dwayne Bowe and are now bringing in Dwayne Jarret, whose stock has seemingly dropped since his pro day.

Could they be trying to maneuver a way to get one of these LB's and then also one of these WR's sometime between the mid-first and early second?

I would love to see them find a way to select both Beason and Jarrett. I wouldn't exactly hate the opposite combination either.

steel man
04-02-2007, 10:34 PM
WOW wat are u expecting from Starks for the cards or some team to give up a first or second round pick, and then we trade ours and that extra pick to get into the top 10 wait not even top 10 more like top 5 by saying Landry, Johnson, Adams ( Why would we want him where would he fit, LB to small)
But i guess u guys could dream
I am a huge fan of Landry though i doubt he is going to fall like Roethilsburger did and if he does Panthers, and the Rams and SF need Safties

do not take this the wrong way but i have no ideal what you are trying to say

if you read the rumor it said that the Cards wanted to trade their 1st RD pick(#5) for Starks and our 1st RD pick(#15), so we would already be at no.5 so i said it would nice to trade up 1 or 2 spots to get Calvin Jonhson WR - GT. as far as i know no one said anything about Landry, i did not really understand your post.

Sly
04-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Didn't this trade have Faneca's name on it not long ago, but without the #15?
Starks' wingspan always made me want to like him, but he's been an underachiever since he got here. Let him go if Wiz/Grimm want him.
At #5, I would nix the old rule of drafting the need and take the best man on the board that's not a QB.

terribletowel39
04-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Didn't this trade have Faneca's name on it not long ago, but without the #15?
Starks' wingspan always made me want to like him, but he's been an underachiever since he got here. Let him go if Wiz/Grimm want him.
At #5, I would nix the old rule of drafting the need and take the best man on the board that's not a QB.

thats what i heard, that starks wasn't high enough on the cards wish list and so that it went to faneca and it makes sense to me, he is going to be gone next yr anyway why not get something for him but he would have to include the 15 pick for us to move up to 5th.

PittPete
04-03-2007, 03:48 PM
The Cards interest, if it was ever there, would be questionable now that they have signed Gandy.

mikehop05
04-03-2007, 05:57 PM
it was a rumor, nothing else, i stated this the other day