PDA

View Full Version : Your ideal 4-3 starting lineup for 2013

bigmac076
01-11-2013, 04:10 PM
heres my attempt at switching the current lineup from 3-4 to 4-3, please be gentle.

DE - Ware
DT - Hatcher
DT - Spears
DE - Spencer
SLB - Lee
MLB - Carter
WLB - Wilber
SS - Church
FS - Sensabaugh
CB - Claibourne
CB - Carr

Obviiously just a quick attempt not taking into reguard cap space, free agency or the draft.

pocketaces
01-11-2013, 04:31 PM
heres my attempt at switching the current lineup from 3-4 to 4-3, please be gentle.

DE - Ware
DT - Hatcher
DT - Spears
DE - Spencer
SLB - Lee
MLB - Carter
WLB - Wilber
SS - Church
FS - Sensabaugh
CB - Claibourne
CB - Carr

Obviiously just a quick attempt not taking into reguard cap space, free agency or the draft.

Spears and Spencer are gone IMO

CowboysBeastMode
01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
if spencer and ratliff are both gone

LDE - Crawford
3Tech DT - Hatcher
1 Tech DT - Lissemore
RDE - Ware
SOLB - Kyle Wilber/Bruce Carter
MLB - Sean Lee
WOLB - Bruce Carter/Connor
LCB - Carr
RCB - Claiborne
Nickel CB - Scandrick
Nickel Pass Rusher - Wilber
SS - Church
FS - Sensabaugh

i do think that either ratliff or spencer will be here, if spencer leaves, i think if ratliff and jerry can kiss and make up and bygones be bygones, they can restructure ratliff's contract and he his quickness an relentless would be great at the 3 tech he was never a great fit as a 3-4nose tackle, which tells how great a player he was a few years ago hopefully he has enough in the tank for at least 1 or 2 seasons as they increase the talent in the front line

E-Man
01-11-2013, 06:58 PM
RE- Ware
DT- Ratliff
DT- Hatcher
LE- Spencer
Will- Carter
Mike- Lee
Sam- Wilber or Connor

If Ratliff and Spencer are gone then Lissemore and Crawford are the guys. I'd really prefer to see Carter playing WLB because that's the guy with speed that'll get a chance to cover a lot of ground. Lee would be awesome covering the middle because he's Lee, and on top of that there's a ton he could do having two DTs in front of him. I figure they would keep Connor at MLB, but who knows how they feel about Wilber at this point. The big name to watch IMO is Lissemore. He's going to be a very good player in Kiffin's defense. 3-4's too often keep their lineman from really showing out, and he's a guy that could really come up playing in a defense that lets his athleticism loose.

Witten4HOF
01-11-2013, 07:05 PM
RE- Ware
DT- Ratliff
DT- Hatcher
LE- Spencer
Will- Carter
Mike- Lee
Sam- Wilber or Connor

If Ratliff and Spencer are gone then Lissemore and Crawford are the guys. I'd really prefer to see Carter playing WLB because that's the guy with speed that'll get a chance to cover a lot of ground. Lee would be awesome covering the middle because he's Lee, and on top of that there's a ton he could do having two DTs in front of him. I figure they would keep Connor at MLB, but who knows how they feel about Wilber at this point. The big name to watch IMO is Lissemore. He's going to be a very good player in Kiffin's defense. 3-4's too often keep their lineman from really showing out, and he's a guy that could really come up playing in a defense that lets his athleticism loose.

I agree about Lissemore I think he is a really nice 4-3 NT in a similar mold to Booker McFarland while Kiffin was in Tampa. Someone else to really watch for is Brian Price, if he comes back healthy and even close to the player he was coming out of UCLA he is a steal on the back end of the rotation.

E-Man
01-11-2013, 07:08 PM
The only guy I really worry about is Hatcher because I don't recall him playing in a 4-3 in college. Grambling had a 3-4 when he got drafted, and he's been playing that 3-4 end for a while. At the same time the 4-3 is far better at fitting guys than a 3-4, so I don't think it will be a big problem. Crawford and Wilber interest me because they seem like guys that Rob liked a lot when they were drafted, so maybe they get lost in the wind with the new change. I'm hoping that's not the case because both are good athletes.