PDA

View Full Version : New York Mets

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

LTgiants
04-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Discuss the New York Mets. The Giants are now officially associated with the Mets as well, the way it should be.

AlexDown
04-02-2007, 12:54 PM
No, I have permission to have the offtopic one. I have sent an email to a few of the moderators I have spoken to previously. Hopefully it will be unlocked.

jets future
04-02-2007, 01:10 PM
seriously theres just a bunch of rowdy haters, who keep hating on the mets. this is just messed up. and this is such a inconvinece posting in a giants forum. lol i m kidding i guess

MaxV
04-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Countdown to Jughead's rant:

Jughead10
04-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Countdown to Jughead's rant:

Eh, LTGiants is probably the least respected Giants poster among all of us. So leave it up to him to start this thread. Also as I stated in the thread about the better baseball team in NY, if one team was to be associated with the G-Men it would probably be the Yankees because Steinbrenner has a relationship with the Maras.

MaxV
04-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Eh, LTGiants is probably the least respected Giants poster among all of us. So leave it up to him to start this thread. Also as I stated in the thread about the better baseball team in NY, if one team was to be associated with the G-Men it would probably be the Yankees because Steinbrenner has a relationship with the Maras.

Right on time.

EDIT: I was suggesting a Yankee thread, then I noticed you guys already started it.

Jughead10
04-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Right on time. I knew I could count on you Jugs. ;)

Look, there is a VERY simple solution to all of this:

Start a Yankee thread in the Giants forum.

Obviously Giants fans on this board are split between Yankee and Mets fans, why not have 2 threads for those teams.

Red Sox' fans are doing it, why can't we?

There is a Yankees thread in the Giants forum. Take this garbage to the Jets thread of keep it in off topic for all I care. Lets just not pollute our Giants forum with this garbage.

MaxV
04-02-2007, 01:29 PM
There is a Yankees thread in the Giants forum. Take this garbage to the Jets thread of keep it in off topic for all I care. Lets just not pollute our Giants forum with this garbage.

If you don't like this thread, you don't have to visit it.

There are Giants fans here, who are also Mets' fans.

Jughead10
04-02-2007, 01:30 PM
There are Giants fans here, who are also Mets' fans.

I know isn't it awful? We need to get rid of them.

GiantRutgersFan
04-02-2007, 01:54 PM
take it to the Jets forum. Giants fans are mostly Yankees fans, thus the Yankees thread should be here

MaxV
04-02-2007, 01:59 PM
take it to the Jets forum. Giants fans are mostly Yankees fans, thus the Yankees thread should be here

MOST not all.

Again if you don't like it, don't visit it.

LTgiants
04-02-2007, 02:18 PM

how the hell am i the least respected giants poster?

over guys like grf and rickybobby?

your a ******* douchebag i am just gonna leave it at that

Jughead10
04-02-2007, 02:19 PM

Sorry I forgot about GRF.

BaLLiN
04-02-2007, 02:28 PM
The mets beat the Cards and gained respect, I hate the Yankees because they make the game a little unfair because they have so much money. I've liked the mets since I was 3, and went through all the bad years to have some jealous Yankee fan tell me what to do, I think not. Mets should be associated with the Giants because they play like a team, act like a team, and are just as good a team as the Yankees who cry about money and try to buy championships. Most of the Yankees are premadonnas and need to shut their mouths (A-Rod). I'm not saying that I wouldn't consider rooting for the Yankees but the Mets deserve respect.
http://photoshop.com/images/BaLLiN72/Stewart/html

Jughead10
04-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Note to Ballin: I don't know how much respect the Mets got by beating the Cardinals. And the Mets have almost just as much money as the Yanks. George just chooses to put it back into the team.

BaLLiN
04-02-2007, 03:16 PM
exactly, we don't wave it around and try to buy championships

Jughead10
04-02-2007, 03:18 PM
exactly, we don't wave it around and try to buy championships

No you just don't win any.

Forenci
04-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Of course, I suppose this may be the downside of having both the Mets and Yankees threads since Giants fans are both.

Might be a good idea if Yankee fans keep to their own thread *cough* Jughead. Heh.

Bah, this is why I do not want baseball threads in a Giant's forum. We're all Giants fans that post here, but once you get into another sport you'll get all sorts of rivalries and what not.

I mean, hell, I was born in Connecticut and hate the Patriots with a passion. Not to mention I some how became a..Michigan State fan..sigh.

ricky bobby
04-02-2007, 03:26 PM

Oh come on now? Never put me and GRF in the same sentence. GFR is young so i'll give him a pass. I rub some people the wrong way because i'm so truthfully honest. Some people just can't handle the truth.

MaxV
04-02-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't understand why Yankee/Giants fans are taking this personally.

Why can't both threads be on this forum?

If you hate it so much.....JUST AVOID IT.

AlexDown
04-02-2007, 03:42 PM
One main reason not to have the Mets topic in here.

ricky bobby
04-02-2007, 03:43 PM

Ani ochen balshiye devachki.

Forenci
04-02-2007, 03:50 PM

It is that easy. Unfornately I think Yankees and Mets fans both have something built into their DNA where they must hate one another.

I suppose it's not their faults, they're born with it.

Heh, just joking. Really need to look into the option of a whole new NHL, NBA, MLB areas of the forums. Not really fair to put the Yankees section in here, considering that it's loved by millions who are not Giants fans nor live in New York.

MaxV
04-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Ani ochen balshiye devachki.

Yeap. (extra characters)

MaxV
04-02-2007, 03:53 PM
It is that easy. Unfornately I think Yankees and Mets fans both have something built into their DNA where they must hate one another.

I suppose it's not their faults, they're born with it.

Heh, just joking. Really need to look into the option of a whole new NHL, NBA, MLB areas of the forums. Not really fair to put the Yankees section in here, considering that it's loved by millions who are not Giants fans nor live in New York.

You, Jugs and I should take it up with the mods or Scott. What do you say guys?

Number 10
04-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Giants played in Yankee Stadium for quite some time. There is your affiliation.

I don't want to have to see the ugly word "Mets" every time I open this thread up. What a joke.

Forenci
04-02-2007, 05:08 PM
You, Jugs and I should take it up with the mods or Scott. What do you say guys?

It seems like a good idea to me. I think it is definently needed for various reasons.

I don't like the idea of Giants fans or any other teams fans bickering amongst each other because of their baseball teams differences.

Not to mention I can see these baseball threads taking away from the talk of what these team boards were designed for, which is about that particular teams (Giants, Colts, Chargers, whoever) discussion of draft needs/off-season needs, etc.

I mean, I know I don't want to see a 200 page Yankee and Mets thread in the Giants Team Board.

gbpackers0065
04-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Now i have to post in the Giants board more...anyways does anybody else want to see how long smith sticks around(if he leaves early) i dont think he was ready and it wasnt smart to call him up to the MLB neverming put him in against Pujols

LTgiants
04-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Now i have to post in the Giants board more...anyways does anybody else want to see how long smith sticks around(if he leaves early) i dont think he was ready and it wasnt smart to call him up to the MLB neverming put him in against Pujols

ya i also want 2 see how long smith lasts and i thought it was really dumb to put him up against pujols

Forenci
04-02-2007, 05:26 PM

Well, at least it will be an oppurtunity to see that awesome Ali sig more often if they don't change the placement of the thread, haha.

MaxV
04-02-2007, 09:46 PM

I think you're going to surprised just how good this kid is.

Jughead10
04-03-2007, 07:21 AM
I think you're going to surprised just how good this kid is.

Did Omar rush him? He didn't exactly light it up in AA last year. And Omar has always been very agressive with prospects. I think Smith will struggle hard at some point this year and have to get sent back down before he comes up again and sticks for good.

MaxV
04-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Did Omar rush him? He didn't exactly light it up in AA last year. And Omar has always been very agressive with prospects. I think Smith will struggle hard at some point this year and have to get sent back down before he comes up again and sticks for good.

Well, the one concern I have about him is the walk rate. All 3 of his pitches have movement, and it's not easy to locate them. But he shouldn't give up a lot of hits.

gbpackers0065
04-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Well, the one concern I have about him is the walk rate. All 3 of his pitches have movement, and it's not easy to locate them. But he shouldn't give up a lot of hits.

i know his stuff is reall good but it wasnt smart to put him in opening night against pujols......willie's one weakness has always seemed to bullpen management and it reared it's ugly head on saturday

Giantsfan1080
04-03-2007, 05:30 PM
I know isn't it awful? We need to get rid of them.

You wouln't have started to post here if it wasn't for me.

Giantsfan1080
04-03-2007, 05:34 PM
i know his stuff is reall good but it wasnt smart to put him in opening night against pujols......willie's one weakness has always seemed to bullpen management and it reared it's ugly head on saturday

I think Willie wanted to see what Smith would do in a sort of big spot as early as possible. Smith has great movement on his pitches and IU think he'll be solid in his role. It looks like he his stubborn and won't trust the movement on his pitches to induce some grounders. All in all Willie wanted to test him and with a 5 run lead he did.

moc182
04-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Another nice W tonight, El Duque was excellent. The starters are gonna have to keep it up, cause behind Heilman and Wagner the pen looks like it could be quite shaky.

AlexDown
04-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Do we have a 5th starter? For some reason I thought it was Pelfrey.

Damix
04-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Do we have a 5th starter? For some reason I thought it was Pelfrey.
He is, optioned down to A for either another start or to delay another roster decision, not sure which, or both.

Could actually bite them in the ass in the long run if he doesn't have many options left.

MaxV
04-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Pelfrey is in the Minors because the Mets don't need a 5th starter right now.

Giantsfan1080
04-04-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm realy excited to see Maine pitch tonight. I think he is going to surprise some people around baseball this year.

moc182
04-04-2007, 03:06 PM
We really lucked out not having to face Wainwright this series.

Giantsfan1080
04-04-2007, 03:10 PM
I agree. Wainwright should have a pretty solid year dropping that curve on everyone. I'm suprised the Cards didn't have him as their #3 starter over Looper.

gbpackers0065
04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
I agree. Wainwright should have a pretty solid year dropping that curve on everyone. I'm suprised the Cards didn't have him as their #3 starter over Looper.

O YES! WE'RE FACING LOOPER TONIGHT!!!

AlexDown
04-04-2007, 08:24 PM
2-0. Maine is looking great.

moc182
04-04-2007, 08:26 PM
If the starting pitching can even remotely resemble the first 2 and a half games this year this is going to be a tough team to beat.

AlexDown
04-04-2007, 08:48 PM
3 HRs so far...

MaxV
04-04-2007, 09:29 PM
10-0 now.

Maine looked GREAT. He still needs a bit of work on locating his slider and changeup, but his fastball is VERY good.

Burgos is in. Interesting to see how he does.

MaxV
04-04-2007, 09:29 PM
This kid has ELECTRIC stuff. I hope he learns to control it.

jets future
04-04-2007, 09:51 PM
excellent game by john maine. i have a good feeling about this kid since last year. so far we gotta good start, we gotta keep it up

Giantsfan1080
04-04-2007, 10:35 PM
I know the younger starters on the Mets don't have a great track record but everyone has understimated them. They are going to be very solid all year and the rotation will be fine as most Mets fans actually think.

Giantsfan1080
04-04-2007, 10:47 PM
As great as this series was I'm still excited for tomorrow to start. The minor league seasons open tomorrow and to me this is just as big an event as the actual season. Our minors are stacked at every level this year and it's going to be fun seeing how all these guys do. I'm most excited to see how our young pitchers do and to see if Legares and Emmanuel Garcia have breakout seasons like some of us expect them too.

MaxV
04-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Yep, today's starters in the minors will be Philip Humber, Kevin Mulvey, Deolis Guerra and Tobi Stoner.

The first 3 are all in our top 10, while Stoner is in top 20.

Off-course there are also a lot of position prospects as well.

AlexDown
04-05-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't like the idea of only having 4 starters. I think an extra days rest would really benefit Glavine and El Duke.

MaxV
04-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't like the idea of only having 4 starters. I think an extra days rest would really benefit Glavine and El Duke.

We don't need a 5th starter right now. Everyone pitches on regular rest.

MaxV
04-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Mets were off tonight, but our Minor Leaguers were working.

GREAT start for 18 year-old Deolis Guerra tonight:

5 inn, 2 hits, 0 er, 0 bb, 5 Ks.

Phillip Humber:

5 inn, 1 hit, 1 r, 3 bbs, 4 Ks.

The New Orleans game was on SNY, Humber's curve looked NASTY.

I also saw Carlos Gomez for the first time. He really is FASTER then Reyes. Gomez turned a single into an easy double with his wheels.

Overall a very good day for the organization.

jets future
04-06-2007, 11:19 AM
well its going to be a good series against the braves. oliver perez has to step up tonight. i think he is going to have a good year this year, hopefully over .500. unlike his 3-13 season last year. thats what happens when your on the pirates for most of the season. i m jk.

jets future
04-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Mets were off tonight, but our Minor Leaguers were working.

GREAT start for 18 year-old Deolis Guerra tonight:

5 inn, 2 hits, 0 er, 0 bb, 5 Ks.

Phillip Humber:

5 inn, 1 hit, 1 r, 3 bbs, 4 Ks.

The New Orleans game was on SNY, Humber's curve looked NASTY.

I also saw Carlos Gomez for the first time. He really is FASTER then Reyes. Gomez turned a single into an easy double with his wheels.

Overall a very good day for the organization.
thats nice to hear, but then again in the major leagues, theres better defense so its harder. i bet if jose reyes was playing the minor leagues he probably could of gotten a triple off of a hit tat looks like a single.

MaxV
04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
thats nice to hear, but then again in the major leagues, theres better defense so its harder. i bet if jose reyes was playing the minor leagues he probably could of gotten a triple off of a hit tat looks like a single.

LOL, dude, just because these guys don't play in the Major Leagues, doesn't mean they throw like 5-year-old girls.

Some of the players in the minors have more physical tools then the guys in the Majors, they just don't know how to translate them into production.

Giantsfan1080
04-06-2007, 01:05 PM
When I saw Guerra's box score last night I got pretty excited. He is going to jump on prospect lists this year if he can continue doing it. I hope the reports of him hitting 96 are true.

Humber's CB is very nasty. It's going to be hard for him to consistenly locate it where he wants. If he can get that hammer going watch out. As for Gomez that was my first thought as well. I think Reyes would have stretched that into a 2B also bu Gomez's longer legs helps him out.

Giantsfan1080
04-06-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm also real excited to see Mulvey's start tonight.

The Mets/Braves series this early and I'm already pumped. I hope this great pitching and defense will continue and we show the NL East that once again we're not to be fooled with.

Giantsfan1080
04-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I didn't realize Guerra had an 8:1 GB:FB ratio. You couldn't have had a better opening day than he did.

LTgiants
04-06-2007, 09:42 PM
double digits again wow

Gang Green
04-06-2007, 09:44 PM
That was certainly an easy win. We have outscored the opposition 31-3 so far in four games.

MaxV
04-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Ollie looked great. He can swing the bat a bit also.

And OFF-COURSE, not to forget, JOSE REYES!!!!! He's just DA MAN!!!

In the Minors:

Jon Niese with a very good outing. Carlos Gomez and Juan Lagares with a 2-4 day each.

Giantsfan1080
04-06-2007, 11:44 PM
This whole season Mets to the Sand Gnats is going to be great. We really have a budding dynasty on our hands. Great to see Niese with a 10:2 GB:FB ratio tonight. Gomez pops his 2nd 2b as well. The real Mets just keep on raking and pitching great. The starters are proving how wrong everyone was.

AlexDown
04-06-2007, 11:52 PM
It's a little early to say that pitching won't be a problem for this team, regardless of the fantastic job they have done the past 4 games.

Giantsfan1080
04-06-2007, 11:54 PM
I know it's early and I'm a very balanced fan. Regardless you can just tell that pitching is not going to be as big a problem as most experts or fans of other teams thought it would be. Maine and Perez will obviously have their ups and downs but their are going to be fewer downs this year especially with the way the offense will produce.

MaxV
04-07-2007, 07:37 AM
It's great to see Burgos and Smith build up their confidence. If they can pitch the way they are capable, our bullpen will be VERY good.

jets future
04-07-2007, 02:05 PM
wow nice win last night, i didnt get to see it but looking at the box score. it seems like oliver perez steped up.
BTW what ever happened to darren oliver. i liked him. he was a good middle reliver

Giantsfan1080
04-07-2007, 02:37 PM
wow nice win last night, i didnt get to see it but looking at the box score. it seems like oliver perez steped up.
BTW what ever happened to darren oliver. i liked him. he was a good middle reliver

He was a Free Agent and went to Anaheim.

MaxV
04-07-2007, 06:12 PM
DAMN....SOOOO CLOSE!!!!!

Luck wasn't on our side today.

AlexDown
04-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Give me a break.

MaxV
04-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Heart-breaking loss today, but a 4-2 mark on an early season road-trip is pretty good.

I, especially, was impressed with our starters in the first 6 games. I hope they continue that trend.

A good note from the minors:

17-year-old Catcher Francisco Pena went 4-4 today.

Giantsfan1080
04-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm pumped for the home opener. We'll see if Maine can continue to pitch well.

It was really good to see Pena 4-4 yesterday. We are loaded.

MaxV
04-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Cole Hamels will be a difficult matchup, but we can certainly get it done.

SuperKevin
04-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm amped for this season because I think our team is better offensively this year than it was last year. Now if we can just get over the rotation issues I think we have a shot to go deep in the playoffs again.

Giantsfan1080
04-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Great season opener. We sure can put up a lot of runs up in a hurry.

MaxV
04-09-2007, 03:37 PM
GREAT COME-FROM-BEHIND WIN!!!

This team never quits.

John Maine was pretty wild today, but I think he'll do well.

O came alive, especially Delgado, who was struggling.

gbpackers0065
04-09-2007, 08:37 PM
I just loved that alou finally got his RBI cuz he had been hitting great all season

MaxV
04-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Our Major League team was off today, but there was some action in the minors.

Our top position prospect, 18-year-old Fernando Martinez went 2-4 with a triple and a HR.

This kid has a chance to be AWESOME.

Giantsfan1080
04-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Man Carlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez. Wow.

Giantsfan1080
04-11-2007, 02:57 PM
I also can't wait for Guerra's start tonight. I haven't been this excited about a pitching prospect since Kazmir obviously.

MaxV
04-11-2007, 03:18 PM
I also can't wait for Guerr'a start tonight. I haven't been this excited about a pitching prospect since Kazmir obviously.

Our system might acctually be BETTER then the year we had Wright, Reyes, Kazmir, Heilman and Huber in BA's top 100.

After those 5 we had VERY little else. This year we are MUCH deeper.

Giantsfan1080
04-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Our system might acctually be BETTER then the year we had Wright, Reyes, Kazmir, Heilman and Huber in BA's top 100.

After those 5 we had VERY little else. This year we are MUCH deeper.

I think we have better depth now than then but I'm not sure if the upsides are comparable. Remember Matt Peterson was also a highly regarded prospect in those days. It's very close and actually a very good debate.

gbpackers0065
04-11-2007, 06:38 PM
I think we have better depth now than then but I'm not sure if the upsides are comparable. Remember Matt Peterson was also a highly regarded prospect in those days. It's very close and actually a very good debate.

our OF prospects are stats we have thugs mcgee(milledge) gomez, martinez, ben johnson and a sleeper corey coles who led the FSL with a .341 avg last year

AlexDown
04-11-2007, 07:10 PM
At least the 3rd inning is now over....

MaxV
04-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I hope Ollie Perez doesn't lose his confidence because of this outing. He sure forget about it and focus on his next turn.

This guy has A LOT of talent, but he's kinda fragile mentally.

Giantsfan1080
04-11-2007, 11:59 PM
I hope Ollie Perez doesn't lose his confidence because of this outing. He sure forget about it and focus on his next turn.

This guy has A LOT of talent, but he's kinda fragile mentally.

I don't think we have to worry about this outing mentally. I think Perez will be a good #4 this year but we might have go get used to him being brilliant one game and then not so much the next. He might be a Jekyll/Hyde type guy this year.

gbpackers0065
04-12-2007, 03:39 PM
we got spanked last night

and i will not tolerate losing two series' to the phils and braves

MaxV
04-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Nice win today.

Mike Pelfrey will start tommorow. I can't wait. I hope he throws strikes. If he does that, he should be effective.

EDIT: Nats just beat the Braves....barely. Cordero loaded the bases, but K'd Thorman to end it on a full count.

AlexDown
04-13-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm looking forward to todays game. I saw him pitch in person against the Astros during the summer last year. As you said before, if he keeps the ball in the strike zone I think we should have this game.

Giantsfan1080
04-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Pelfrey's sinker looked very impressive during Spring Training. He was getting like 4 out of every 5 outs on ground balls or something crazy like that. If he can just pound the strike zone low we'll be fine. I actually think Pelfrey is going to have a very good shot to win the NL ROY this year.

MaxV
04-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Pelfrey looked wild. Command is still an issue with him. Hopefully he continues to improve in that department.

Damix
04-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Yanks and Mets are going to have very similar years.
Electric offense
Strong bullpens with mixes of experience and young flamethrowers
Jekyl and Hyde starting pitchers

gbpackers0065
04-14-2007, 03:13 PM
2day was depressing

scottyboy
04-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Yanks and Mets are going to have very similar years.
Electric offense
Strong bullpens with mixes of experience and young flamethrowers
Jekyl and Hyde starting pitchers

i agree, as long as the yankees flamethrowers' in farnsworth and procter get their arm strength back up to where they were last year

MaxV
04-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Ugly game today. The things just didn't go the Mets' way.

gbpackers0065
04-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Game postponed today we start a series in philly on monday

Giantsfan1080
04-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Guerra had a decent start yesterday. His E.R.A. is 3.07 on the year but he has a great gb:fb ratio. Carlos Gomez continued his hitting streak as well and is now at 13 games.

moc182
04-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Maine was absolutely brilliant tonight.

Giantsfan1080
04-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Maine was excellent. That rising fastball is fooling a lot more hitters than I thought it would.

Gomez continued his hitting streak to 14 games today. Milledge was flat awesome with a 3-3 day and a homerun. Niese also had a good start for St Lucie lowering his e.r.a. to a bit under 2.

MaxV
04-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Maine's FB is a VERY good pitch. It registers at only about 91-94 mph range on the radar gun, but he gets A LOT of swings-and-misses on it.

Little known fact about Maine:

Last season only Roger Clemens had a lower BAA on fastballs only then John Maine.

I think the biggest factor is that hitters pick it up pretty late out of his hand, making it seem MUCH faster then the acctual velocity.

BTW, it now appears that we have 2 pretty good pitching prospects in AAA, as both Phillip Humber and Jason Vargas are pitching very well.

Giantsfan1080
04-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Maine's FB is a VERY good pitch. It registers at only about 91-94 mph range on the radar gun, but he gets A LOT of swings-and-misses on it.

Little known fact about Maine:

Last season only Roger Clemens had a lower BAA on fastballs only then John Maine.

I think the biggest factor is that hitters pick it up pretty late out of his hand, making it seem MUCH faster then the acctual velocity.

BTW, it now appears that we have 2 pretty good pitching prospects in AAA, as both Phillip Humber and Jason Vargas are pitching very well.

I think Vargas might be more trade bait considering he is behind a lot of other guys on the depth chart.

MaxV
04-19-2007, 04:23 PM
You might be right about him being trade bait but don't be surprised if he gets a start with the Mets at some point.

It good to know we have depth of starters in AAA.

Giantsfan1080
04-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah it's been pretty amazing to see how quick Omar turned this franchise around. There were a lot of pieces already in place but Omar got us to the top and I don't see why it won't be that way for at least the next 5 years.

Jughead10
04-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah it's been pretty amazing to see how quick Omar turned this franchise around. There were a lot of pieces already in place but Omar got us to the top and I don't see why it won't be that way for at least the next 5 years.

Its pretty easy to see how quick Omar turned it around. You play in NY, you have money, and he is not completely ********. He's not going and trading Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano.

bigbluedefense
04-19-2007, 04:43 PM
I might buy a Reyes jersey. I have a Pedro jersey, he was always my favorite player in baseball, but now that he's pretty much toast, I think I have to get a Reyes jersey.

But I still <3 Pedro. He doesn't take crap from nobody. You'd swear he's from Jersey.

Giantsfan1080
04-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Its pretty easy to see how quick Omar turned it around. You play in NY, you have money, and he is not completely ********. He's not going and trading Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano.

While that is all true it's the smaller moves that he's made that have been the best. Signing Endy Chavez, Valentin, Bradford. Trading for John Maine etc.. He's made the correct large moves but it's the smaller ones that has put this team over the top.

bigbluedefense
04-19-2007, 04:47 PM
While that is all true it's the smaller moves that he's made that have been the best. Signing Endy Chavez, Valentin, Bradford. Trading for John Maine etc.. He's made the correct large moves but it's the smaller ones that has put this team over the top.

Definately. The man knows how to build a team.

Thats the biggest issue I have with the Yanks, they don't value their farm system enough. You need to stay young in today's league.

I heard on the Michael Kay show about a month or so ago, one beat writer, I forgot who, made a great point about age in baseball.

In today's game of parity, most of the better teams are young. And to be a great young team, you need to have faith in your farm system.

NOTE: Im not trying to start a war here. Im just saying. Let's keep it clean.

Jughead10
04-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Definately. The man knows how to build a team.

Thats the biggest issue I have with the Yanks, they don't value their farm system enough. You need to stay young in today's league.

I heard on the Michael Kay show about a month or so ago, one beat writer, I forgot who, made a great point about age in baseball.

In today's game of parity, most of the better teams are young. And to be a great young team, you need to have faith in your farm system.

NOTE: Im not trying to start a war here. Im just saying. Let's keep it clean.

I actually think the Yanks have the more home grown players on their team than the Mets. You need a core of home grown guys, but that core could be as little as 3 players in my mind. When the Yanks were winning in was more who they brought in that actually put them over the top. Guys like Cecil Fielder, Jimmy Key, David Justice, and others.

bigbluedefense
04-19-2007, 05:08 PM
I actually think the Yanks have the more home grown players on their team than the Mets. You need a core of home grown guys, but that core could be as little as 3 players in my mind. When the Yanks were winning in was more who they brought in that actually put them over the top. Guys like Cecil Fielder, Jimmy Key, David Justice, and others.

It seems like theyre making a stronger commitment to farm players recently. I think it will pay off.

I would love to see another Subway Series, and its definately possible.

scottyboy
04-19-2007, 05:12 PM
i feel we'll learn alot about the yanks farm system pitching this year with all the injuries

Jughead10
04-19-2007, 05:12 PM
It seems like theyre making a stronger commitment to farm players recently. I think it will pay off.

I would love to see another Subway Series, and its definately possible.

I'm jut saying that Reyes and Wright have been the core, but it wasn't until they brought in guys from outside that the Mets actually started winning. Out of their Starting 8 position players and starting rotation, only 3 are homegrown I believe.

bigbluedefense
04-19-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm jut saying that Reyes and Wright have been the core, but it wasn't until they brought in guys from outside that the Mets actually started winning. Out of their Starting 8 position players and starting rotation, only 3 are homegrown I believe.

Oh definately. Thats definately true. I think Milledge might be the 4th by midseason.

Isn't there a pitcher that they have in the minors that theyre high on? I think I heard they have a pitcher that has a rocket arm thats developing right now, but I could be wrong. Im not great with baseball knowledge, I don't keep up with it too much.

Jughead10
04-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh definately. Thats definately true. I think Milledge might be the 4th by midseason.

Isn't there a pitcher that they have in the minors that theyre high on? I think I heard they have a pitcher that has a rocket arm thats developing right now, but I could be wrong. Im not great with baseball knowledge, I don't keep up with it too much.

They have a couple. If it is a guy with a rocket arm you are probably thinking of Guerra. I think thats how you spell it. He is still a ways off.

Jughead10
04-19-2007, 06:11 PM
i feel we'll learn alot about the yanks farm system pitching this year with all the injuries

Some services rank the Yanks farm system number 1 overall when it comes to pitching.

Damix
04-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Most do rank the pitching #1, it was a debatable 2-5 comng into the offseason, but adding 5 good arms into through the trades rocketed us up to #1.

Position on the other hand... just Tabata and a couple of fringe prospects.

Just imagine combining the yanks/mets major league team and minor league system?

MaxV
04-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Both the Yankees and the Mets have done an EXCELLENT job of rebuilding their Farm Systems.

Both of these systems were among the worst a couple of years ago, it's very possible that both might be top 10, or even top 5 at the end of this season.

Giantsfan1080
04-20-2007, 01:40 PM
The Mets do only have 5 homegrown players on the team. Reyes, Wright, Heilman, Smith, and Pelfrey. It will be a more significant amount in the years to come but the young guys the Mets acquired have a chance to be just as good and they are just as cheap.

Giantsfan1080
04-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Phillip Humber might be the pitcher your thinking of. He's in AAA but he should be ready my midseason. Deolis Guera as Jughead said is another guy but he is a way off. He just turned 18 this week even though he is already in HIgh A ball which is unheard of pretty much.

Jughead10
04-20-2007, 01:43 PM
The one thing in the past is the Mets were too reluctant to part with prospects. They overvalued them. Finally it payed off with Reyes and Wright but for a long time it didn't. Only value the truly special ones. When baseball america and other services make these probable 2010 lineups I laugh. Cause there is no way all the guys either A) become good major league players or B) don't get traded away. You didn't overvalue Petit or Jacobs and that worked out well so far. As a Yankee fan right now I don't count on any player being on this team in the future but Hughes and Tabata. Everyone else could go in a deal. I just see it very unlikely that one day the Mets will have an outfield of Milledge, Gomez, and Martinez.

Jughead10
04-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Phillip Humber might be the pitcher your thinking of. He's in AAA but he should be ready my midseason. Deolis Guera as Jughead said is another guy but he is a way off. He just turned 18 this week even though he is already in HIgh A ball which is unheard of pretty much.

The only reason I didn't say Humber is because he said fireballer I think. Which really doesn't describe Humber exactly.

MaxV
04-20-2007, 02:24 PM
The only reason I didn't say Humber is because he said fireballer I think. Which really doesn't describe Humber exactly.

Maybe he was thinking of Pelfrey, who throws in mid-to-late-90s.

You might be right that all 3 of Milledge, Martinez and Gomez may never play in the same OF together in the majors, but it's clear that Omar is in no rush to deal either one of them right now.

Jughead10
04-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Maybe he was thinking of Pelfrey, who throws in mid-to-late-90s.

You might be right that all 3 of Milledge, Martinez and Gomez may never play in the same OF together in the majors, but it's clear that Omar is in no rush to deal either one of them right now.

I agree not in a rush to deal them. It just more a comment when BA gives its probable or projected 2010 lineups. They are ridiculous.

Damix
04-20-2007, 02:30 PM
I like the Yankees projected 2010 lineup, it was an article by some guy who does every year for like the next 10 years.

We had Johan, Wang, Hughes, Chamberlain, Clippard as our starting 5, Sanchez as the closer with Francour, Melky, Tabata in the OF, cano at 3rd with alberto gonzalez at 2nd, Texeria at first, posada DHing and some catcher I had never heard of (which is weird)

Might have been 2011, completely false but fun to read

Jughead10
04-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Was the catcher francisco cirvelli?

But even that guys lineup is ridiculous. I doubt we will ever head into a season with Hughes, Clippard, and Chamberlain all in our projected starting lineup at the same time.

Although I could really see Texeira at first. Mattingly is his hero and his if from Baltimore. I think he gets out of Texas and if he doesn't go to B-More I wouldn't be suprised if he was a Yank.

Also where is A-Rod and Jeter?

Damix
04-20-2007, 02:37 PM
A-Rod opted out, Jeter is still the SS. I think he moves to DH the next year

I'll see if I can find it

MaxV
04-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Good win today. GREAT to see Ollie throwing strikes and having confidence in himself.

Also, Joe Smith is looking VERY good. I hope he keeps it going.

Giantsfan1080
04-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I thought Smith would do well but he's been excellent so far. Since he is a quirky pitcher we will really get a good grasp on him once he goes around the league a couple times and the scouting reports start to build on him. I don't think it will matter that much though because he has such great movement on his slider.

MaxV
04-22-2007, 10:15 AM
I thought Smith would do well but he's been excellent so far. Since he is a quirky pitcher we will really get a good grasp on him once he goes around the league a couple times and the scouting reports start to build on him. I don't think it will matter that much though because he has such great movement on his slider.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were to work his way to our setup spot.

BTW, how about one of my favorite prospects Bobby Parnell? He kicked ass.

Giantsfan1080
04-23-2007, 10:53 AM
I liked Parnell when we was on Brooklyn 2 years and then as you know he dipped last year. I like hime also and think he has some potential still.

gbpackers0065
04-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Damn You Scott Schoeneweis!!!

MaxV
04-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I can't watch Schoenwies pitch. The guy has good stuff, but doesn't throw strikes.

MaxV
04-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Another great start for Maine yesterday. I hope he keeps this up.

Deolis Guerra also had a gem in the Minors:

6inn, 2hits, 0er, 0bbs, 4Ks

Giantsfan1080
04-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I thought this might be true but it was the first time I saw it in print. We have the lowest player in Low A (Fransisco Pena), High A (Deolis Guerra), AA (Fernando Martinez), and 2nd youngest player in AAA (Carlos Gomez). All of them are doing pretty well also so they deserve to be there. I'm not sure who is younger than Gomez in AAA though.

Giantsfan1080
04-24-2007, 03:56 PM
John Maine has been a stud. If he keeps this up it shuts up most of the Mets rotation stinks people.

MaxV
04-24-2007, 04:16 PM
The great thing is that this year we seem to have VERY good depth of starters in AAA.

Last year, when our starters went down, we had to rely on Lima, Soler and Geremi Gonzalez.

This year we have Jorge Sosa, Philip Humber, Adam Bostick, Jason Vargas and Chan Ho Park.

Each one of those guys are better then any of last year's AAA starters.

gbpackers0065
04-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Its nice to know we can beat a team like colorado but i need to see more from our other starters against a team like the braves, but great job by maine and how bout shawn green.........damn

MaxV
04-24-2007, 04:38 PM
A lot of people were down on Green and Alou because they were struggling in ST, but it's pretty clear that they didn't take ST games seriously.

30+ year-old vets have to conserve their energy in ST, otherwise some of them might not even make to the all-star break.

In a Mets' board that I'm on, I was the only one who kept saying that Green will have a good year, everyone else were convinced that he was done.

gbpackers0065
04-24-2007, 07:32 PM
A lot of people were down on Green and Alou because they were struggling in ST, but it's pretty clear that they didn't take ST games seriously.

30+ year-old vets have to conserve their energy in ST, otherwise some of them might not even make to the all-star break.

In a Mets' board that I'm on, I was the only one who kept saying that Green will have a good year, everyone else were convinced that he was done.

can you give me the name of that board ive been looking for a good mets one

MaxV
04-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I gotta be honest, when we signed Endy Chavez, I thought it wasn't a good move, but I do NOT think that now. This guy is an important player to this team.

Easley was a hero today also.

Nice to know we have good players on our bench.

moc182
04-24-2007, 10:11 PM
What a game, for a few minutes it looked like a great pitching performance was gonna go to waste which is something that bothers me to no end but Easley managed to turn back the clock 7 or 8 years and Endy showed just how valuable he is yet again. I still want him playing everyday.

MaxV
04-25-2007, 07:39 AM
What a game, for a few minutes it looked like a great pitching performance was gonna go to waste which is something that bothers me to no end but Easley managed to turn back the clock 7 or 8 years and Endy showed just how valuable he is yet again. I still want him playing everyday.

Who would he replace? Beltran? Green? Alou?

No, I think we are good with what we have now.

Congrats to Joe Smith on his first career MLB win. First of many I hope.

gbpackers0065
04-25-2007, 07:22 PM
we got raped in the butthole today

Giantsfan1080
04-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Another good game for Max's boy Parnell tonight. He's pitching like he did in Brooklyn.

MaxV
04-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Yeap, my sleeper for this year, Bobby Parnell.

It's also great to see Carlos Gomez draw 3 walks today. Plate discipline is the only thing that seperates him from stardom.

A 1-2 combination of Reyes and Gomez at the top of the batting order is a VERY exciting scenario.

Giantsfan1080
04-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Let's not forget Gomez thinks of himself as more of a middle of the order hitter. He's not really a lead off guy in my book even though he has all that speed.

MaxV
04-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Let's not forget Gomez thinks of himself as more of a middle of the order hitter. He's not really a lead off guy in my book even though he has all that speed.

I think hitting 2nd would be ideal for him. He'll see PLENTY of fastballs in that spot.

gbpackers0065
05-01-2007, 07:55 PM
**** chan ho park i dont not want him on the team......id rather call up humber

MaxV
05-01-2007, 08:36 PM
About time D-Wright has a good hitting day. Too bad Heilman is stinking up the joint right now.

MaxV
05-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Very good job by Ollie today. 10 Ks in 5 1/3 innings is outstanding.

That deal has really payed off big time for us.

BaLLiN
05-02-2007, 04:24 PM
I really want Lastings back, I know we pretty much don't need that much help in the outfield, but he was fast and having Chavez, Lastings, and Reyes in a row would be great

gbpackers0065
05-02-2007, 04:25 PM
I really want Lastings back, I know we pretty much don't need that much help in the outfield, but he was fast and having Chavez, Lastings, and Reyes in a row would be great

you would let lasting bat 3rd.......you would let lastings start

hes better off playing everyday in new orleans

MaxV
05-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Lastings is on DL right now. With Alou and Green playing the way they are right now, it wouldn't be wise to take them out in favor of Milledge and Chavez.

Milledge and Gomez will probably get called up at some point this year.

Hopefully we won't need them until September.

BaLLiN
05-02-2007, 06:15 PM
you would let lasting bat 3rd.......you would let lastings start

hes better off playing everyday in new orleans
No, Like last year, we had Lastings batting last, Chavez second to last and Reyes 1st, And I would let Lastings start if we needed him, otherwise not

MaxV
05-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Easley is yet another good unheralded signing for Omar.

Giantsfan1080
05-04-2007, 11:54 AM
At this point whatever Omar does I'm 100% behind him. Almost every trade or signing has worked out for him. It's great to have him in charge.

MaxV
05-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Fernando Martinez with a 5-7 day yesterday. The guys is such an advanced hitter for his age.

Giantsfan1080
05-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I can't believe we're most likely going to see Martinez on the team at some point next year. It will most likely be September if we do but that is still just a crazy thought.

MaxV
05-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Good win tonight.

- John Maine continues to impress,

- Reyes is DA MAN.

- The Ageless one with a HR and a great defensive play.

Giantsfan1080
05-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Joe Smith is the man!!

MaxV
05-06-2007, 01:27 AM
I wish we would play all of our games in Arizona.

Nice job by Jorge Sosa. I knew that they should've called him up instead of Park to begin with.

There is a good chance that Sosa may stay with the club when El-Duque comes back and pitch out of the bullpen.

AlexDown
05-06-2007, 10:13 AM
David Wright has not been the same since the All Star break. I hope he doesn't lose his confidence.

MaxV
05-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Good come from behind win.

Wright and Delgado both with key hits.

Maine didn't really look comfortable, but still gave 6 solid innings.

Giantsfan1080
05-10-2007, 11:59 AM
No one mentioned it but I think all the players shaving their heads was real cool.

MaxV
05-10-2007, 12:41 PM
No one mentioned it but I think all the players shaving their heads was real cool.

lol Yeah.

Have Sele and Reyes did it too yet?

Giantsfan1080
05-10-2007, 01:07 PM
lol Yeah.

Have Sele and Reyes did it too yet?

Sele is doing it today after he takes family pictures. Reyes is still iup in the air and will be the only holdout but I think he'll end up doing it.

Awesome game from Gomez last night also by the way.

MaxV
05-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Sele is doing it today after he takes family pictures. Reyes is still iup in the air and will be the only holdout but I think he'll end up doing it.

Awesome game from Gomez last night also by the way.

Yeap, I love his low K/high BB rate so far this year.

Like I've said, plate discipline is the only thing that seperates him and stardom.

Giantsfan1080
05-10-2007, 03:22 PM
That ratio is what I've been checking out also. I think he has more bb's than k's right now so all is well. I think we're going to see him the 2nd half of the year sometime. Next year I wonder if we will flank Beltran with 2 rookies pretty much in Milledge and Gomez. Someone is going to be dealt I think.

MaxV
05-10-2007, 04:29 PM
That ratio is what I've been checking out also. I think he has more bb's than k's right now so all is well. I think we're going to see him the 2nd half of the year sometime. Next year I wonder if we will flank Beltran with 2 rookies pretty much in Milledge and Gomez. Someone is going to be dealt I think.

I'm not sure Omar will want to do that. We are in a "win now" mode, so having 2 rookies in the corner OF is dangerous.

If someone is dealt, I would think it's Lastings.

MaxV
05-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Surprise, surprise, Easley with another BIG game-winning HR.

Sosa has pitched well, hopefully he continues.

GB12
05-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Surprise, surprise, Easley with another BIG game-winning HR.

Sosa has pitched well, hopefully he continues.

This will be a good series. You got the us today, but Sheets pitches tomorrow.

MaxV
05-11-2007, 09:11 PM
This will be a good series. You got the us today, but Sheets pitches tomorrow.

You guys almost came back tonight. LOTS of power in your lineup. Pelfrey will have his hands full tommorow. I hope he throws strikes and keeps the ball on the ground.

Obviously, the O will have to get a few runs off Sheets, won't be easy.

gbpackers0065
05-12-2007, 07:18 PM
today was embarrassing, i think pelfrey needs to go back down to AAA, but i dont know who we would bring up

MaxV
05-12-2007, 07:22 PM
today was embarrassing, i think pelfrey needs to go back down to AAA, but i dont know who we would bring up

It's possible that Pelfrey will go to AAA once El-Duque is ready to come off the DL.

Yeah, today's game was UGLY. They just need to put it behind them, and move on.

GB12
05-12-2007, 07:25 PM
It's possible that Pelfrey will go to AAA once El-Duque is ready to come off the DL.

Yeah, today's game was UGLY. They just need to put it behind them, and move on.

It ended in a blowout but it was a very good close game for most of it. This series is fun to watch.

Giantsfan1080
05-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Carlos Gomez got the call up. He's starting in RF so it's a very exciting Mother's Day.

MaxV
05-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Mets have 3 gold-glove caliber CFs starting for them in the OF.

Gomez is SO TALENTED.

MaxV
05-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Great debut for Gomez. Ollie was dominant for most of the game.

gbpackers0065
05-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Gomez was great, Oli Perez was so dominant, im also pleasantly surprised with the play of easley

Giantsfan1080
05-13-2007, 04:50 PM
If Gomez does well I wonder what they will do with him. The play in the 8th where he got the single and then stole 2nd was the game to me. It was nice to pile on ruins after but Gomez put that game over the top.

Jughead10
05-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Is Gomez most likely going down when the Mets have to call up a starter or activated El Duque to have a 5th starter?

MaxV
05-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Is Gomez most likely going down when the Mets have to call up a starter or activated El Duque to have a 5th starter?

Yesterday I would've said yes, but it now appears that Alou is headed to the DL, therefore, Gomez will probably stay.

Jughead10
05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Yesterday I would've said yes, but it now appears that Alou is headed to the DL, therefore, Gomez will probably stay.

Alou going on the DL then makes Omar's decision easier. Who is going to replace Alou's spot now. Is El Duque in fact ready to come off the DL?

MaxV
05-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Alou going on the DL then makes Omar's decision easier. Who is going to replace Alou's spot now. Is El Duque in fact ready to come off the DL?

El-Duque won't be ready by Thursday. That's when Omar will have to make a decision regarding who will be the #5 starter.

It will probably be Jason Vargas. I was hoping that they would give Humber a shot, but he pitched yesterday, and it's unlikely that they would pitch him on a 3 day rest.

AlexDown
05-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Anyone going to any of the Mets / Yanks games this weekend?

MaxV
05-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Anyone going to any of the Mets / Yanks games this weekend?

I had a shot of going to the Saturday game, but I'll have to spend the weekend with my nose in the books. :(

Needless to say, I'm not thrilled about that.

Stupid schedule makers, why does this series have to be during my finals week?

Jughead10
05-14-2007, 11:35 AM
I had a shot of going to the Saturday game, but I'll have to spend the weekend with my nose in the books. :(

Needless to say, I'm not thrilled about that.

Stupid schedule makers, why does this series have to be during my finals week?

The Mets also kind of screwed up with how the sold the Yanks game in my opinion. The forced you to buy packages to get those games. I can't commit to packages even for my Yanks. I generally just like to look about 2-3 weeks ahead of time when I know a day I can definately go to a game and just pick up tickets then. As much as I make fun of Shea I actually wanted to go there before they knock it down but I'd have to get a Mets package if I wanted to go.

Giantsfan1080
05-14-2007, 02:02 PM
If you bought a package you could get Yanks tockets but they also had a lottery for the series. You still had a chance to get them even if you didn't buy the package.

Giantsfan1080
05-14-2007, 02:03 PM
I thought it was inetresting that Gary Cohen said Kevin Mulvey was a darkhorse to get the start for Thursday. Maybe he knows something we don't.

Jughead10
05-14-2007, 02:07 PM
If you bought a package you could get Yanks tockets but they also had a lottery for the series. You still had a chance to get them even if you didn't buy the package.

That was a small amount though. I believe there are seats that are still left to be filled. And they are waiting to see if people will cough up money for the packages. Sometime this week they may release seats to the general public.

Otherwise someone has to buy the "Jose-Jose-Jose" package which includes Merengue Night and Fiesta Latina. How rediculous.

Giantsfan1080
05-14-2007, 02:13 PM
That was a small amount though. I believe there are seats that are still left to be filled. And they are waiting to see if people will cough up money for the packages. Sometime this week they may release seats to the general public.

Otherwise someone has to buy the "Jose-Jose-Jose" package which includes Merengue Night and Fiesta Latina. How rediculous.

It is def. a shot to the fans but if people don't want them they don't have to buy them. Almost everything to do with going to a baseball game is ridiculous now I'm pretty used to it. The prices are outrageous but everyone still coughs up their money.

MaxV
05-14-2007, 02:14 PM
I thought it was inetresting that Gary Cohen said Kevin Mulvey was a darkhorse to get the start for Thursday. Maybe he knows something we don't.

I doubt it. Gary, himself, said Mulvey is a long shot for Thursday.

Another candidate is Sele and I prefer him over Vargas.

Giantsfan1080
05-14-2007, 02:17 PM
I doubt it. Gary, himself, said Mulvey is a long shot for Thursday.

Another candidate is Sele and I prefer him over Vargas.

I'd rather see Vargas over Sele. I know Cohen said that I just thought it was real interesting for him to bring Mulvey up at all.

Jughead10
05-14-2007, 02:18 PM
It is def. a shot to the fans but if people don't want them they don't have to buy them. Almost everything to do with going to a baseball game is ridiculous now I'm pretty used to it. The prices are outrageous but everyone still coughs up their money.

That being said, I think they eventually open up single game tickets to the fans later this week as I don't think they'll sell that many more plans between now and Friday. If so wanna go?

MaxV
05-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Whoever it is, I hope he can give us 5-6 solid innings and keep us in that game.

MaxV
05-14-2007, 02:20 PM
That being said, I think they eventually open up single game tickets to the fans later this week as I don't think they'll sell that many more plans between now and Friday. If so wanna go?

You guys ever go to the Subway Series game?

Jughead10
05-14-2007, 02:22 PM

I did last year in Yankee Stadium. Mets won. I forget who was on the mound. Might have been Glavine or Trashchel for you guys.

MaxV
05-14-2007, 02:24 PM
I did last year in Yankee Stadium. Mets won. I forget who was on the mound. Might have been Glavine or Trashchel for you guys.

If it was Trachsel, then you probably enjoyed that 1 hour break between pitches. :)

Giantsfan1080
05-14-2007, 02:26 PM

If we could get tickets I'd go even though work might be a problem. I'd figure something out though.

Giantsfan1080
05-14-2007, 02:27 PM

I went to one in 2001. I don't remember anything from that game to be honest and I'm not sure why. I think we won.

Jughead10
05-14-2007, 02:37 PM
If it was Trachsel, then you probably enjoyed that 1 hour break between pitches. :)

Yup I just looked it up. It was Trachsel vs. Randy Johnson. Mets won 8-3. And A-Rod hit a useless 8th inning solo HR down by 6. He was booed. Ha.

MaxV
05-14-2007, 09:33 PM
GREAT comeback today.

- David with another nice day. He's looking MUCH better in May.

- Delgado is hitting better also, GREAT at-bat in the 9th.

- Despite allowing 4 ERs Glavine pitched well. His D didn't help.

- Good to see Joe Smith shake off his first tough outing and do what he does best.

As I'm typing this, Willie is saying that Burgos is coming back tommorow. Good, he's better then Urdenetta.

Damix
05-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know Newhans plate song?

AlexDown
05-15-2007, 12:47 PM
By end of July, who do you see as our five starting pitchers?

Giantsfan1080
05-15-2007, 12:48 PM
By end of July, who do you see as our five starting pitchers?

Are we assuming Pedro will be back by then?

AlexDown
05-15-2007, 12:50 PM
I would be interested to see your list with and without him.

Giantsfan1080
05-15-2007, 12:52 PM
I would be interested to see your list with and without him.

With Him

1. Glavine
2. Maine
3. Perez
4. Hernandez
5. Martinez

If he's not back then I would put Sosa in his place.

AlexDown
05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
I can't seem to find, although not looking very hard, what is the status on Alou and Valentine?

What do you see for the future of Gomez and Milledge at this point?

When is Hernandez comming back from the DL and is it safe to say that Pelfery is done this year?

Giantsfan1080
05-15-2007, 01:01 PM
I can't seem to find, although not looking very hard, what is the status on Alou and Valentine?

What do you see for the future of Gomez and Milledge at this point?

When is Hernandez comming back from the DL and is it safe to say that Pelfery is done this year?

1. Alou was just placed on the DL today and Jason Vargas was called up. Valentin is injured and I think will probably not be back for at least a month and a half.

2. Hernandez is pitching off a mound now and should be back within the next 2-3 weeks. I don't think Pelfrey is done for the year he just needs to work on his secondary stuff more and regain his confidence. At this point it seems it's 90% mental when he gets on the mound.

3. I still think both Gomez and Milledge are special players and both will be future All Stars. I personally Like Gomez a tad more just because of his speed even though Milledge could fly as well. We are real lucky we have all these guys and that so far they all look like they can be special players. I think we're eventually going to have to deal someone and it's probably going to be Milledge which could come back and hurt us.

ricky bobby
05-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Who is starting tonight?

MaxV
05-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Who is starting tonight?

John "Snakes on the" Maine

MaxV
05-15-2007, 02:51 PM
With Him

1. Glavine
2. Maine
3. Perez
4. Hernandez
5. Martinez

If he's not back then I would put Sosa in his place.

I hope Pedro comes back strong. That would make us that much tougher.

MaxV
05-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Fernando Martinez with a 3-4 day today, including an opposite field HR.

Giantsfan1080
05-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Fernando Martinez with a 3-4 day today, including an opposite field HR.

Yup and a 2B. I'm amazing how advanced of a hitter he is considering how young he is.

MaxV
05-16-2007, 03:28 PM
The papers are blasting Lastings Milledge for lyrics in the songs that his record label promotes.

I visited his website and listened to the songs.

I don't see what the big deal is. They sound like average modern-style rap songs to me.

AlexDown
05-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Do you have a link?

gbpackers0065
05-16-2007, 03:45 PM
The papers are blasting Lastings Milledge for lyrics in the songs that his record label promotes.

I don't see what the big deal is. They sound like average modern-style rap songs to me.

probably blown out of perportion by the don imus scandal

Giantsfan1080
05-16-2007, 03:46 PM

At this point and I'm not sure why it's clear Milledge has almost fell out of favor with the NY media. It's pretty ridiculous and hopefully the more uneducated fans don't listen or read this stuff as gospel. Milledge is a good kid and they are still attacking him for what happened in high school which he was cleared of and was BS anways.

AlexDown
05-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Totally unrelated, but he does have an attitude problem correct?

MaxV
05-16-2007, 03:50 PM
At this point and I'm not sure why it's clear Milledge has almost fell out of favor with the NY media. It's pretty ridiculous and hopefully the more uneducated fans don't listen or read this stuff as gospel. Milledge is a good kid and they are still attacking him for what happened in high school which he was cleared of and was BS anways.

I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH THAT!!!!

Everyone acted as if he was the only one in that draft who got laid in HS.

MaxV
05-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Do you have a link?

Yes, but I'm not sure if I can post it here.

I'll ask the mods.

Giantsfan1080
05-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Yes, but I'm not sure if I can post it here.

I'll ask the mods.

I think you can. It has nothing to do eith another nfl draft website so I don't see the big deal. It's just a music site.

AlexDown
05-16-2007, 04:10 PM
I just read this article

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2007/05/16/0516metsrap.html

Some interesting quotes.

He's lost his mind," said City Councilman Leroy Comrie (D-Queens), who sponsored the Council's resolution that condemned use of the N word. "I don't understand how he could, in the spirit of Jackie Robinson, put out music that's so vile, using . . . some of the worst words in music

Maybe I missed something, but was this on the day which the MLB celebrated Jackie Robinson or is this person just pulling somethin gout of no where.

One Mets player, speaking anonymously before Tuesday night's game at Shea, wasn't surprised by Milledge's lyrics. "Language like that in a rap song? Shocking!" the player said sarcastically.

And this which is what you were both talking about before

Milledge was expelled from Northside Christian School in 2003 for having sex with a 15-year-old girlfriend and agreed to enroll in a juvenile arbitration program to avoid prosecution. Soon after the Mets drafted Milledge in 2003, the Daily News reported that he had been accused of having consensual sex with 12 and 13-year-old girls as well, which led to his expulsion from school.

Jughead10
05-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Acting like a thug. Relations with underage girls? Almost sounds like a Vick to me.

In related news, Lastings Milledge was seen at Michael Vick's latest dog fight...

Also whats with all these steroid cases? Do the Mets officially have a problem?

MaxV
05-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Acting like a thug. Relations with underage girls? Almost sounds like a Vick to me.

In related news, Lastings Milledge was seen at Michael Vick's latest dog fight...

Also whats with all these steroid cases? Do the Mets officially have a problem?

You're kidding right?

Ever heard of Jason "Mr. Balco" Giambi?

gbpackers0065
05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
[Lil' O]
Uh...
Get ready to dance...
Every girl grab a man...
Get ready to dance,
What-wha-what-what
Say...
Get ready to dance...
Every girl grab a man...
Lil'O...
ESG...
Let em know...
Say...

[Chorus 2X: ESG]
Bend ya knees, touch ya toes
And who ever don't like it tell em,
"**** you hoes"
Now shake ya hips give it all ya can
Tell them hata brawds, "*****, i'll take ya man!"

[Lil' O]
Say girl, ya lookin too clean
Bowlegged in your iceberg jeans
You little jazzy thang, you done wrecked the scene
And the way you shake your ass, I know it sexes me
That why them hatin ass hoes be mad at chu
Cause you shake yo thang with attitude
They mad cause they ain't as bad as you
???????? and they grab at chu
You ain't worried bout yo man
You just on the floor
But the way you dance boo
You puttin on a show
Cause all the guys be like "hold up whoa!"
And all the girls be,"let's jump that hoe!"
Don't let them stop ya
Do yo thang girl, you will be proper,
Heart stopper, face cute,
Ass lookin proper, cause those brawds can't knock ya
So just...

[Chorus]

[Lil' O]
Stop, drop, move ya hips
See any brawds twist, they can do that ****
**** a lolly-pop girl, you'd be licked
But playas get chose, now who ya wit
Cause you know that I want that
That's why you bendin over,shakin, and you taunt that
Plus you know you got a chest, so you flant that
Plus you know that I'm gone on the koniac
I'm ****** up
Now you met a baller tonight, you lucked up
The girl I came with, I told her, "tuff luck"
You act ? post and stuck up
I need a hot girl in my life, I want her
Met her at the bar wit her mouth wide open
Eyes blood-shot, red nose, in there smokin
Said,"why she lookin at me all heart broken?"
Forget her, I got your back
So just...

[Chorus]

[Lil' O]
Now baby dip, baby dip
Like you want me to trick baby, trick
Now baby dip, baby dip
Now I know how yall say I'm wrong
But I couldn't help to think bout baby in a thong
I ain't gonna lie shorty got it goin on
????????????????
That shows right there how throwed she is
Thermistat couldn't tell her how cold she is
Then she did the splits like an olympicists
Started laughin at my date, she a bowler *****
Don't do it like that girl
You gonna make her start shootin off her gat girl
Cause when she mad, she don't know how to act girl
But you my boy, so I have to give you dab girl
Do your thang just...

[Chorus]

[Lil' O]
Now baby dip, baby dip
Now baby dip, baby dip
Now baby dip, baby dip
Now baby dip, baby dip

[Chorus]

Those are the lyrics, not bad at all compared to other mainstream rap

Jughead10
05-16-2007, 07:03 PM
You're kidding right?

Ever heard of Jason "Mr. Balco" Giambi?

You did hear the reliever you just sent down last week got caught right? Along with Mota, that pitcher who got caught twice in the minors, and if you pick up the latest edition of ESPN the magazine the cover is about what has been said about the Mets in the 80's.

MaxV
05-16-2007, 07:19 PM
You did hear the reliever you just sent down last week got caught right? Along with Mota, that pitcher who got caught twice in the minors, and if you pick up the latest edition of ESPN the magazine the cover is about what has been said about the Mets in the 80's.

I'm pretty sure that every organization has their share of cheaters. There is no reason to point a finger at us.

Look at your own organization first.

Jughead10
05-16-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that every organization has their share of cheaters. There is no reason to point a finger at us.

Look at your own organization first.

Well its just interesting that more people in the Mets orginization have been caught than in the Yankees and Giants combined.

MaxV
05-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Well its just interesting that more people in the Mets orginization have been caught than in the Yankees and Giants combined.

Simple explanation:

'roids are detectable, HGH isn't.

Giantsfan1080
05-16-2007, 09:11 PM
I think it's pretty funny that almost everyone who has gotten caught with steroids has been terrible. Also, the whole Mets thing is BS because while he was our bat boy it was untill after he left the organization that he started to get into the steroid stuff.

MaxV
05-16-2007, 09:57 PM
10:00 pm game today. I wish I didn't have to wake up at 6 am tommorow.

MaxV
05-16-2007, 10:05 PM
I've got a green light from the mods regarding the Lastings Milledge's record label website. There are songs available on the site.

WARNING: Strong language.

http://www.souljaboirecords.com/

Giantsfan1080
05-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Gomez was robbed before but he looks real good at the plate. I don't want to send him down.

Giantsfan1080
05-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Awesome game. First thing I really hope Reyes is ok. It might be a cramp and thats what I hope. 2nd thing lots of credit towards Sosa for being excellent so far in his first three starts. Last, as I mentioned before I think Gomez is awesome and I'd love to see him stay up somehow.

MaxV
05-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Omar is DA MAN!!!

Sosa was suppose to be a AAA fill-in and Easley was just a utility guy to replace Woodward.

Can Omar find bargains, or what?

AlexDown
05-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Ugh, I was to tired to stay up and watch that game. I just saw the box score and stats. What happened to Reyes?

Jughead10
05-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Ugh, I was to tired to stay up and watch that game. I just saw the box score and stats. What happened to Reyes?

He's like Sampson. He saved his locks and now he is mortal again.

Giantsfan1080
05-17-2007, 11:02 AM

It was just tender and he didn't want to hurt himself so it was more of a precaution. He's listed day to day.

Giantsfan1080
05-17-2007, 11:03 AM
He's like Sampson. He saved his locks and now he is mortal again.

Reyes will never be considered a mortal again.

MaxV
05-17-2007, 12:04 PM
I hope Reyes heals in time for Friday.

Jughead10
05-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Man you guys must really have the Yankees on your mind with the lineup you put out there today.

AlexDown
05-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Man you guys must really have the Yankees on your mind with the lineup you put out there today.

I woulde be interested to hear what your thoughts are regarding the outcome of the series. What do you think of the pitching match ups?

Jughead10
05-17-2007, 01:24 PM
I woulde be interested to hear what your thoughts are regarding the outcome of the series. What do you think of the pitching match ups?

I don't like the fact that you guys have two lefties going. Thats about it. I think we'll struggle against Perez. Thats just the way the Yankees are. The veteran hitters who aren't used to seeing him will struggle. Glavine and Maine they will hit.

Giantsfan1080
05-17-2007, 01:51 PM

Yeah because it has nothing to do with the fact that last nights game ended at 1 and today's game started at 1. Short turnaround like that and it was obvious. We could afford to give some guys rest.

Jughead10
05-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah because it has nothing to do with the fact that last nights game ended at 1 and today's game started at 1. Short turnaround like that and it was obvious. We could afford to give some guys rest.

Keep telling yourself that. Yankees were pretty much in the same boat and have everyone playing. And they played two games yesterday. I'm shocked that both Beltran and especially Wright sat out today.

MaxV
Damn, Vargas threw 5 strong innings and then melted down in the 6th.

Giantsfan1080
You didn't hit Glavine last year so I'm not sure why you would be so confident things would change this time around.