PDA

View Full Version : Quinn or Russell

NotoRussell
04-02-2007, 01:37 PM
who should be our franchise QB? and why?

i go with Quinn.

gdamac
04-13-2007, 06:06 PM
I voted JR, I think he is a special player, the kind of guy who doesn't get rattled and who performs best under pressure, the kind of things you can't coach. I do admit that CJ is the best player and I am starting to think we should grab him and then make a trade that lands us JR + picks.

RaiderNation
04-13-2007, 07:15 PM
if we go qb it would have to be russell or edwards unless we trade down in the 1st and quinn is there

NotoRussell
04-14-2007, 09:05 AM
i would take CJ, all day! with a good OL, every QB can throw the ball to CJ.

Thomas7399
04-15-2007, 02:21 PM
i would take CJ, all day! with a good OL, every QB can throw the ball to CJ.

Im not too sure about that.....Put Champ Bailey on CJ and cover him over the top with John Lynch, I dont think every QB in the league will be able to get him the ball.

RaiderNation
04-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Im not too sure about that.....Put Champ Bailey on CJ and cover him over the top with John Lynch, I dont think every QB in the league will be able to get him the ball.

thats why there are porter and curry on the other side

ORaider27
04-16-2007, 04:49 AM
NFL success with QBs usually comes down to experience at the college level.

Quinn has started 46 college games. That puts him in the company of Phillip Rivers (51), McNabb (49), and Palmer (45).

Russell has only started 29. That puts him in the company of Grossman (31), Harrington (28), and Jim Druckenmiller (24).

So, which company would you rather your starting QB join in the pros? Rivers and co or Druckenmiller and co? Personally, I would rather he join McNabb and co.

Quinn has all of the physical tools necessary and was mentored by Weiss. He also has the experience.

By all measures, Russell is raw as a QB. Russell is certainly a gifted athlete. That doesn't necessarily mean that he will be a great QB. Also, let's not forget about all of the physically gifted athletes that didn't make great QBs -- Vick (which the jury is still out on), Kordell Stewart, Akili Smith, etc.

I would rather have Quinn. He may not have as high of a ceiling but he has a higher floor. Personally, I would rather have CJ and Thomas over both, but if it comes down to having to take a QB, I go with Quinn.

ChefMike
04-16-2007, 01:24 PM
NFL success with QBs usually comes down to experience at the college level.

Quinn has started 46 college games. That puts him in the company of Phillip Rivers (51), McNabb (49), and Palmer (45).

Russell has only started 29. That puts him in the company of Grossman (31), Harrington (28), and Jim Druckenmiller (24).

So, which company would you rather your starting QB join in the pros? Rivers and co or Druckenmiller and co? Personally, I would rather he join McNabb and co.

Quinn has all of the physical tools necessary and was mentored by Weiss. He also has the experience.

By all measures, Russell is raw as a QB. Russell is certainly a gifted athlete. That doesn't necessarily mean that he will be a great QB. Also, let's not forget about all of the physically gifted athletes that didn't make great QBs -- Vick (which the jury is still out on), Kordell Stewart, Akili Smith, etc.

I would rather have Quinn. He may not have as high of a ceiling but he has a higher floor. Personally, I would rather have CJ and Thomas over both, but if it comes down to having to take a QB, I go with Quinn.

As much as I don't think college experience always equals NFL success you are 1000000% correct here. QB's only get smarter with experience and Quinn has been playing in a pro style offense his entire college career. I think he wants to be the #1 pick more then anyone I have ever seen. Most players are going to take the high road and just say "I AM JUST HAPPY BEING PICKED TO PLAY IN THE NFL" blah blah blah...come on who didnt dream of lining up at QB and then getting drafted #1 and making millions from the NFL ?!?!?! Quinn wants the pressure and is looking forward to being the man on a Team that needs someone to be that ! Russell I don't question his talent his desire but he is falling into the where every I go I am happy mode with every interview he does..

I want the QB that is a little cocky and arrogant to come in and take charge and can back that up...

Plus I am never a fan of the super prototype player (Freakish physical tools ie really tall recievers, 400lb OT, 260lb RB's that run a 4.4 40, DE that run a 4.4 40 and so on) and Russell fits that mold... I remember a guy named Dan McGwire that was related to Mark McGwire that was drafted in the 1st rd by the Seahawks...he was 6'8 250lbs could throw the ball a mile or two... everyone thought he can stand in the pocket and take on DE's and DT's and still get off a pass..last I checked he hasnt played in the NFL in over a decade and never threw for any kind of yards or touchdowns to speak of.

portermvp84
04-16-2007, 01:50 PM
I said JR, he is more molbie he can thorw the ball down the field very well and has good acuracy. He could turn out to be a young Daunt'e Culpeper before the injury.

raiderfan_89
04-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Quinn.Quinn.Quinn.
True Pocket passer.
Smart.
Athletic.
Russell is too immature as a player.He would need time to develope into a true QB.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Edwards with him we get a QB that is great both mentally and physically and we can still get CJ.

LionSmack
04-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Oddly, I'm coming back around on Quinn, you can't argue with his experience and there's no doubt he'll be way more ready to play than Russell. Also I heard Quinn is a workaholic and film addict. I think it's clear Quinn is the better bet to be a legit starter and possible star, though Russell has a higher ceiling.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-18-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm warming to the idea of Quinn, but if we're going to take a QB #1 overall, I'd prefer it to be Russell.

JoeMontainya
04-18-2007, 10:51 AM
I said JR, he is more molbie he can thorw the ball down the field very well and has good acuracy. He could turn out to be a young Daunt'e Culpeper before the injury.

Dude Quinn is the more mobile one. 65 yards run against USC's fast deffense? Jamarcus never ran the ball.