PDA

View Full Version : Linehan: Witherspoon staying @ MLB, nickel corner job is Bartell's to lose

NGSeiler
04-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Link (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/1C1F487A29D6D938862572AD00139679?OpenDocument)

Thought you guys might be starved for some Rams news. Not exactly breaking stories here, but things to note.

KCJ58
04-02-2007, 02:19 PM
good to know

freebirdsrams02
04-02-2007, 07:23 PM
It has been very slow lately but things should pick up with the draft coming soon. Any new thoughts on the draft?

NGSeiler
04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
With as much as Linehan has been talking about Witherspoon in the middle, I'm starting to wonder if it isn't one giant smokescreen.

Either way, I don't think anything has changed - D-line is our priority and hopefully someone either for the edge or interior will be there.

Thrawn
04-03-2007, 09:57 AM
With as much as Linehan has been talking about Witherspoon in the middle, I'm starting to wonder if it isn't one giant smokescreen.

That would be one expensive smokescreen. They are so committed to it that they have spent almost 30M on WLB's to make sure people believe that Spoon won't move to the weakside.

NGSeiler
04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
That would be one expensive smokescreen. They are so committed to it that they have spent almost 30M on WLB's to make sure people believe that Spoon won't move to the weakside.

I agree, the contract extension given to Pisa seems to suggest they're putting their money in his bank on the weak side. I just feel like Linehan is talking about this quite a bit, which is a bit suspicious. If you say it once, okay. If you keep saying it, then it's like you're trying to convince someone. It's probably as simple as convincing a fan base that in large part wants a true MLB.