PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Pick

Beans
04-03-2007, 05:06 PM
What would be the worst pick the Bucs could possibly make with #4 overall? I think it's Jamarcus Russel. Or Brady Quinn.

etk
04-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Excluding guys that have no shot (Reggie Ball, Jeff Samardzija, etc.), I'd have to agree with you. Looking at Scott's top 10, those are the 2 I would least like us to pick.

Tampa 2 4 life
04-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Adrian Peterson. Along with the QBs.

-black
04-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Laron Landry........

Caddy
04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
J-Mac without a doubt in my opinion. He is just not suited to Grudens West Coast Offense. He would prosper in a much more vertical offense and I don't fancy the idea of changing an offense and basing it around one player.

Chucky
04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Adrian Peterson, it would just make zero sense.

Three Step Drop
04-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Either of the QB's.

I would struggle to understand it if we brought another QB in to "learn the system" - how often have we heard that gem when a QB has been struggling.

If a QB does come our way then i'd hope that he would be a day 1 starter

Booger
04-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Adrian Peterson would be the worst, then Alan Branch.

I dont understand why you guys are picking the QB's as the worst possible pick. It's the most important position on the team, and we have not had any long term stability at the position.

In a perfect world, Chris Simms will set the league on fire, sign a long term deal, and be our QB for the next 5-10 years. But I am not holding my breath. If CJ and JT are both gone, I would have no problem selecting either one of the QBs.

We have an elite pick at #4 overall, and we should be taking an elite player. IMO, elite players in this draft include CJ, JT, AD, Russell, and Quinn (all offensive players). Eliminating AD leaves us with one of CJ, JT, or a QB at the #4 spot. While trading down looks great on paper, it can be very difficult to do come draft day.

A 19-year old DT and a great S would not qualify as elite.

-black
04-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Adrian Peterson would be the worst, then Alan Branch.

I dont understand why you guys are picking the QB's as the worst possible pick. It's the most important position on the team, and we have not had any long term stability at the position.

In a perfect world, Chris Simms will set the league on fire, sign a long term deal, and be our QB for the next 5-10 years. But I am not holding my breath. If CJ and JT are both gone, I would have no problem selecting either one of the QBs.

We have an elite pick at #4 overall, and we should be taking an elite player. IMO, elite players in this draft include CJ, JT, AD, Russell, and Quinn (all offensive players). Eliminating AD leaves us with one of CJ, JT, or a QB at the #4 spot. While trading down looks great on paper, it can be very difficult to do come draft day.

A 19-year old DT and a great S would not qualify as elite.

smh.........

etk
04-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I agree about Branch, he is slightly behind the QBs on my list.

ks_perfection
04-04-2007, 08:36 PM
I actually very much agree with Booger. We might have number of QBs, but we don't have any good ones. Im not thrilled with Simms as the future, Garcia isn't the future and Im not sure he'll be better than Simms for the present.

I'd rather have a QB than a RB who will play half the game or a DT who won't dominat in our system.