PDA

View Full Version : Bringing in Kolb for a visit

RaiderLifer
04-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Just read on another board that we are bringing in Kolb.

http://raiders.scout.com/2/632194.html

Tony Pauline and Adam Caplan of Scout.com have confirmed to SilverandBlack.com that the Raiders will bring University of Houston quarterback Kevin Kolb in for a visit in mid-April.

At 6-foot-3, 230-pounds, Kolb has the size and there are few who doubt his arm.

"Kolb had a private workout with the New England Patriots last week immediately following his pro day workout," Pauline said. "Kolb threw 80 passes for the Patriots and was very accurate all day. Most impressive was the fact Kolb was asked to throw patterns and passes which were completely different from those run during his pro day.
Quote:
If they feel confident enough in Kolb's ability, it could free them up to do multiple things with the first pick in the NFL Draft - selecting Calvin Johnson or trading the pick away without thought of what they might lose if one of the quarterbacks is selected ahead of where they drop to.

Just tells me we aren't as locked on Russell as some would have you believe. Of course we are just doing our due diligence and would be remiss if we didn't but if we were as sure about Russell as some say I'm not sure we would be interviewing mid round QB's.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
I think that trying to get Schaub is far more telling about the Russell situation than this. We get 30 workouts, so this could mean absolutely nothing. I'm just glad they're working out other options besides just Quinn and Russell.

I'd like to see Trent Edwards and John Beck get workouts here as well.

princefielder28
04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Like what the Raiders are thinking here!!!!

RaiderNation
04-03-2007, 09:23 PM
i will take any qb, lets just get CJ

Tha rizzock
04-03-2007, 09:36 PM
I hope we get him becuse russel is a mistake waiting to happen

ORaider27
04-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Kolb is actually the QB from this draft that I want. I want CJ in round 1, a lineman like Blalock in round 2 and then Kolb in 3.

Russell is too much of a risk IMO. I like Quinn but not more than CJ.

TRJ997
04-09-2007, 08:41 PM
I predict Kolb will turn into your average 3rd round QB:

Brock Huard
Giovanni Carmazzi
Chris Redman
Josh McCown
Dave Ragone
Chris Simms
Matt Schaub
Charlie Frye
Andrew Walter