PDA

View Full Version : Need info on some Ravens players

McGahee
04-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, I was interesting in learning some more about a few of your players;

Demetrius Williams
Bart Scott
Jason Brown

Are any of these guys underrated? What round pick would each of them be worth? Can Williams start and be a possession WR in the NFL? Is he injury prone/any attitude problems?

Is Bart Scott good in coverage, can he maybe play SLB or MLB in the Cover-2?

Is Jason Brown a good LG? Good pass blocker/Run Blocker? Is he underrated? Can he start?

Very much appreciated guys

Ravens1991
04-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Demetrius Williams is Underrated, he is more of a big play WR then a possesion WR. He was drafted in the 4th.

Scotts coverage is not his strong point, he is a better blitzer and run stuffer, a cover 2 LB is not his best spot.

Brown is a starting quality G IMO, he is big mauler at 320+ pounds.

BigDawg819
04-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Williams is a 2nd year receiver so its still a work in progress but he's shown flashes and seems to be legit.

Are linebackers don't deal with that Cover 2 scheme.

Jason Brown is for real, hence we cut Edwin Mulitalo.

Yung Flippa
04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Williams is the more like the big-play maker. Not really a possession reciever. I dont think he has any attitude problems either.

Bart Scott is more of a pass rusher. Not so sure about his coverage skills.

Jason Brown is a decent starter

America
04-03-2007, 11:08 PM
I agree with everything said, but I think Bart Scott is still a pretty solid coverage linebacker. Afterall, he was a college safety. He's not amazing but he's above average.

dcarey20
04-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Demetrius Williams

Position: Wide Receiver
College: Oregon
Draft: 4th round
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 197 lbs

Projected to be a 2nd round pick, D-Will slipped a bit and we nabbed him in the 4th round. After an impressive training camp and preseason, Williams won the slot receiver job. He showed outstanding promise in his rookie year, as he became a great deep threat for us. He also showed great hands, as I can't remember him dropping a catchable pass. He has turned out to be one of the best value picks from the 2006 draft and has a great future with us.

Bart Scott

Position: Linebacker
College: Southern Illinois
Draft: N/A
Weight: 240 lbs

Bart was acquired as an undrafted free agent. During his first few year, his playing time was primarily on special teams. He excelled in that area. He continued to work his way up. When Ray Lewis went out with injury 2 years ago, Bart stepped up and played great. From that point on, he had a starting job with us. He plays inside linebacker in our 3-4 sets, and weakside in our 4-3 sets. He does just about everything. He's good in coverage (not sure why people were saying he isn't), he can rush the passer, and he is a ferocious hitter. One of my favorite players and is without a doubt one of the best linebackers in the game right now. Very underrated. The fact that he wasn't voted to the pro bowl on the first try is a joke.

Jason Brown

Position: Offensive Guard
College: North Carolina
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 320 lbs

Jason Brown became a starter this past season when Edwin Mulitalo when down with injury. He started 12 games for us at left guard. I felt he was outstanding for us, and he showed the potential to be one of the preimeire interior offensive lineman in the NFL. He's got amazing strength (probably the strongest player on the team), and he combines that with nice athleticism. I'm really excited about him. Underrated in the sense that no one outside of Baltimore talks about this guy. He's one of the best young guards in the NFL in my opinion.

Ravens1991
04-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Demetrius Williams

Position: Wide Receiver
College: Oregon
Weight: 197 lbs

Projected to be a 2nd round pick, D-Will slipped a bit and we nabbed him in the 4th round. After an impressive training camp and preseason, Williams won the slot receiver job. He showed outstanding promise in his rookie year, as he became a great deep threat for us. He also showed great hands, as I can't remember him dropping a catchable pass. He has turned out to be one of the best value picks from the 2006 draft and has a great future with us.

Bart Scott

Position: Linebacker
College: Southern Illinois
Draft: N/A
Weight: 240 lbs

Bart was acquired as an undrafted free agent. During his first few year, his playing time was primarily on special teams. He excelled in that area. He continued to work his way up. When Ray Lewis went out with injury 2 years ago, Bart stepped up and played great. From that point on, he had a starting job with us. He plays inside linebacker in our 3-4 sets, and weakside in our 4-3 sets. He does just about everything. He's good in coverage (not sure why people were saying he isn't), he can rush the passer, and he is a ferocious hitter. One of my favorite players and is without a doubt one of the best linebackers in the game right now.

Jason Brown

Position: Offensive Guard
College: North Carolina
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 320 lbs

Jason Brown became a starter this past season when Edwin Mulitalo when down with injury. He started 12 games for us at left guard. I felt he was outstanding for us, and he showed the potential to be one of the preimeire interior offensive lineman in the NFL. He's got amazing strength (probably the strongest player on the team), and he combines that with nice athleticism. I'm really excited about him.

good posts I agree with that.

McGahee
04-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks a bunch guys, also what can you tell me about Samari Rolle? Does he fit in the Cover-2?

BigDawg819
04-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks a bunch guys, also what can you tell me about Samari Rolle? Does he fit in the Cover-2?

I can save alot of people a bunch of time here, The Baltimore Ravens do not nor have they ever run a Cover-2 style defense. So your questions concerning our players and their skills in that type of defense are pointless and any answer will be subjective and pure speculation.

McGahee
04-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Who in their right mind comes to a forum to say questions are pointless. THE WHOLE POINT A FLIPPING FORUM IS TO LEARN. I was mearly asking if any of you see him as a good zone corner and think he could ever player in the Cover-2.

Thus I was asking for educated opinions.

If you're going to log on every day to just shoot down questions, then you need to find something else to do.

BigDawg819
04-04-2007, 07:02 PM
If you're going to log on every day to just shoot down questions, then you need to find something else to do.

There is nothing more noble then informing idiots that they are in fact idiots.

Instead of complaining you should be thanking me for informing you that you are in fact an idiot. Like I said 2 posts ago, the Ravens don't run a Cover 2 style defense so any comments on there skills in that defense would be speculation. What can you learn from speculation, there are no facts to back it up so it is in fact pointless.

McGahee
04-04-2007, 07:14 PM
There certainly are facts, I want to see how good the guy is in a Zone situation. How well he can stop the run. If he is good at jamming the WRs and playing up tight. If he can play with the physical recievers. I'm sure he does that in his games.

How do you think Cover-2 teams get their corners? Do you think they draft players who only played in a Cover-2 defense or only sign Cover-2 Free Agents? Nope, they look for players and see if they COULD FIT into a Cover-2 based on their strenghts and weaknesses.

Also the fact that you resorted to name calling just shows how you are exuding with knowledge and willing to help other fans.

I'm not looking for the exact answers on him, I want to ask the Ravens fans based on what they have seen out of him, if they believe that he would fit in the Cover-2

BigDawg819
04-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm not looking for the exact answers on him, I want to ask the Ravens fans based on what they have seen out of him, if they believe that he would fit in the Cover-2

I know you're looking for speculation and its pointless, why not ask this of a team that runs the Cover 2? I'll tell you why because you're an idiot. I'm not calling you a name, I'm defining your characteristics. Ravens fans all know that our defense is superior to the Cover 2 scheme and henceforth we don't care about it nor its type players.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-07-2007, 08:41 AM
BigDawg, clam down my friend
He is just asking a simple question about Samari Rolle and how well you think he will play in a cover 2 defense. You dont need to go call him an idiot and and refuse to answer his question. If you cant answer his question then dont post a reply.

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 04:08 PM
BigDawg, clam down my friend
He is just asking a simple question about Samari Rolle and how well you think he will play in a cover 2 defense. You dont need to go call him an idiot and and refuse to answer his question. If you cant answer his question then dont post a reply.

There is no answer and that's what I'm trying to explain to him. We don't run a Cover 2 defense so therefore there is no answer to his question. Go in the NFL forum and you'll see people explaining the same things to noob posters. Anything said about anyone in our defense would be speculation that would lead to arguments and its not needed. I answered his question and then he starts crying like a girl so basically he needs to ask questions about the Cover 2 to teams that actually run it.