1) DE
2) NT
3) MLB
4) OLB
5) G

If Ponder sucks, then obviously QB moves to the top of the list

Dr. Gonzo
06-08-2013, 06:02 PM
We need a ******* safety to play beside Harrison Smith.

prock
06-10-2013, 12:14 AM
1. DE
2. S
3. NT
4. LB

With QB either in last or first. Probably not anywhere in between.

RBPower26
10-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Favorite prospects for the Vikes? (Excluding Bridgewater and Clowney)

Right now Scott has us taking Mariota and I am not sure how I feel about it. I LOVE Oregon, and I LOVE Mariota as a college QB and in that offense. I am just not sold that he'll develop and produce as a NFL QB in a pro style offense. He is also very quiet and rather shy which worries me when we are requiring him to step in, lead and start day 1...

prock
11-16-2013, 08:44 PM
I would dig Mariotta. I just want a ******* quarterback, so we might as well keep trying. I love Barr as well. In all honesty, if we get a top 4 pick I will be happy with whomever we get.

Also, here is my update needs list:

1. Quarterback
2. Defense
3. Guard

jimmylishis
11-17-2013, 11:44 AM
I would dig Mariotta. I just want a ******* quarterback, so we might as well keep trying. I love Barr as well. In all honesty, if we get a top 4 pick I will be happy with whomever we get.

Also, here is my update needs list:

1. Quarterback
2. Defense
3. Guard

That's the ideal pick for me too, but it's looking like he could be playing his way into that #1 spot. I would love Clowney too, he could be the best player in football if he gets his **** together.

FuzzyGopher
11-24-2013, 11:45 AM
This seems like kind of a bad year to have a top 5 pick. I'm not sold on Bridgewater and if I had to guess I'd say Mariotta stays another year. I'd be real happy with Clowney and OK with Barr at this point.

prock
12-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Locked in the 8th pick. Who we taking? Manziel, Carr, Hundley? Meh. Nix, Mack Mosley, HaHa? Watkins or Evans, sign Jay Cutler, and make a run for the Super Bowl?

The Dynasty
12-31-2013, 02:46 PM
Locked in the 8th pick. Who we taking? Manziel, Carr, Hundley? Meh. Nix, Mack Mosley, HaHa? Watkins or Evans, sign Jay Cutler, and make a run for the Super Bowl?

I want to stay away from Cutler. He won't help us get to a Super Bowl.

We need to build up or defense. Our pass defense once again is horrendous.

As for the secondary Xavier Rhodes showed flashes of a #1 CB a lot at the end of the year but an injury kept him off the field but on the opposite of him we had no one. Harrison Smith is great and we all know that but Sanford shouldn't be a starter.

Also our linebacker core is a mess minus Greenway and Henderson played well but he should be playing outside not in the middle.

Then at the D-Line we are most likely going to use 2 starters. If we can't sign Everson Griffin back then we will have a huge hole to fill at the RE.

So with this being said with the 8th pick as of right now I would like to see the Vikings draft CJ Mosley or Khalil Mack.

As much as we need a QB, I'm not sure of any of these QB's other than Bridgewater.

vikes_28
12-31-2013, 03:42 PM
I'll take Mosley, Mack, or Carr at number 8. I wouldn't mind trading down and picking up Carr either. But I'm sure Speilman has some sort of master plan.

jimmylishis
01-02-2014, 04:10 PM
So at this point is there a QB other than Bridgewater that is worth a top 10 pick? I was really hoping Bortles would live up to the recent hype against some legitimate competition in the Fiesta Bowl, but after watching the game I just don't see it. With this year being pretty weak at QB and next year looking to be stacked is it even worth it to use our top 10 pick a QB this year?

The defense was actually the weaker unit despite the QB situation and there are some pretty solid prospects at some positions of need. We already played our way out of the Clowney sweepstakes. Mosley would be nice but I still think Audi Cole played really well and should get a shot. With Erin Henderson probably gone, Barr will get a look on the outside but, again, we have a young guy in Gerald Hodges who has potential and could get a shot (I may be higher on him than most). The secondary is by far the worst unit, but I don't think there's anyone that quite deserves the number 8 pick. Haha clinton-dix would look really nice next to Smith, but his stock seems to be as a mid-late first rounder. With Cook possibly headed to free agency, we need someone to start opposite Rhodes but there's no clear-cut top 10 corner in this draft. I'm leaning towards Louis Nix right now. He brings something we haven't had since Fat Pat and there really isn't anyone else at the position deserving of a shot at starting. He also would provide scheme flexibility for whatever system the new coaching staff brings in. Plus a line of Robison Floyd Nix and Griffen would be pretty sexy going forward assuming we resign Griffen.

I just really hope that the front office learned something from the Ponder debacle and don't try to force an unqualified quarterback into the starting spot in which he's bound to fail. There will undoubtedly be pressure on a new coach to find the elusive quarterback of the future that is so necessary in today's NFL, but risking finding one immediately with this weak class will probably end up with another 3 years waiting for the new guy to show something like we did with ponder. By then Peterson could be regressing and our window with him could be closing. I would rather wait one more year with someone like Cassel and build a better team around him and then take our chances with the stronger QB class next year.

Also, taking a position like NT may not have a huge impact on the team right away, but that could leave us in a good spot for our shot at a QB next year. It may mean enduring another awful season, but it would probably be better in the long run. If history tells us anything it's that a lot of times in this league, before you can be really good you have to be really bad.

vikes_28
01-03-2014, 01:02 PM
I think if the Vikings work on fixing the defense in the first and second round this year, and then sit on Cassel and a "tier 2" qb next year I would be happy with that. Aaron Murray and Zach Mettenberger would be good guys to pick up in the 3rd round. Aaron Murray was closer to a 2nd round pick until he blew out his knee. He might have even gone higher if he was able to participate in the combine/ senior bowl. I would also be happy to trade down from 8 and pick up Carr or Hundley (if he declares).

Meh. i think the QB class this year is alright as far as mid round grades go, but I think only Bridgewater is worthy of a top 10 pick.

the_legend_killer
01-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Kiper's first mock has the Vikings getting Bridgewater at #8. Don't think that happens, but needless to say I'd be alright with that.

The_Dude
02-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Alright boys, who are your 1st round targets so far?

I'm not sold on any of the qbs as "must have", so I am leaning towards a defensive impact player like Barr. according to pft, Speilman expects the Vikings to make a lot of movement in the draft, so maybe even a trade down & grabbing a cb or s in the first.

Vikings4ever
02-09-2014, 12:56 PM
I'd say Bortles, Bridgewater, and Clowney would be the best picks if we stay at 8. After that, Barr, Mack or Mosley, ideally through a trade down.

Beyond that, a trade down for sure. I don't know about Ha Ha, would we be moving Harrison Smith to SS? CB is a big need. I wouldn't be opposed to Louis Nix, we've been missing the big fat guy in the middle of the line since Pat Williams retired.

Don't really want a WR in the first, but, right now, I wouldn't hate a very late 1st/early second being spent on Kelvin Benjamin. A big red zone target that the team is missing (outside of Rudolph).

the_legend_killer
02-09-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm coming around to drafting D at one and going a QB (of the 2nd round back the QB I'd want the most is Mettenberger). To me safety is behind CB, LB and DL in the list of importance. Sendejo and Sanford have at least been decent. Can be improved on certainly, but better off playing what we'd have at safety than CB, LB or DL.

General Zod
02-09-2014, 06:45 PM
I just have a feeling were taking a LB with that first pick.

The Dynasty
02-09-2014, 09:16 PM
I just have a feeling were taking a LB with that first pick.

Khalil Mack! I took him in the forum mock as the Vikings GM. I think he would be a perfect SLB in Zimmer's scheme.

I really don't see us taking a QB right now in the first round unless someone falls to us. I think Bortles might be there but Bridgewater/Manziel are going to be gone by then and I dont even want Manziel.

I wouldn't mind us getting AJ McCarron either in the 2nd round.

Vikings4ever
02-24-2014, 10:23 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/24/vikings-have-red-flagged-prospects-for-their-twitter-use/

According to Jim Corbett of the USA Today, Minnesota Vikings general manager Rick Spielman says the team has flagged several prospects because of comments made on their Twitter accounts.

“There were guys I found on Twitter this year that I can’t believe they would post and re-Tweet some of the stuff they were saying,” Spielman said. “We wrote a report just on their Twitter accounts.

“I won’t say the names. But out of the 60 that we did, there are eight guys that we have concerns about their Twitter feeds that we will address here (at the combine).”

Spielman pointed toward prospects posting their partying habits and their drug use online as signs of their immaturity.

The_Dude
02-25-2014, 08:48 AM
I like it. You have to get an understanding of what kind of young man you are going to be getting. If they are bone-headed enough to post this stuff on-line for the world to see (with their names attached to it, no less!), then what bone-headed things are they doing & NOT bragging about?

General Zod
03-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Read rumor of the Vikings coaching staff to be a bit enamored with Justin Gilbert out of Oklahoma State.

hmmm......

vikes_28
03-14-2014, 03:37 PM
With the recent signings filling our needs, I don't think we go QB or CB in the first round this year. I'm going to guess Mack if he is there, or trade down for Mosley.

Vikings4ever
03-14-2014, 04:42 PM
If Bortles or Bridgewater are there, I think the Vikings have to take them.

Beyond that, the CB position has been greatly helped, but a high potential CB is never bad.

LB is still a position of need, so Mack is highly likely.

If Mack and the QBs are gone, I'd really like to see a trade down. No need for an OT or a top WR. If we could trade down and get Mosley/Barr, or a corner or safety, would really help the defense.

vikes_28
03-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Apparently Speilman, Zimmer, and Turner were all at Alabama's pro day. I'm guessing we are pretty interested in McCarron if that is the case.

The_Dude
03-15-2014, 09:26 AM
Or Ha-Ha. Or Mosley. Or Speilman is up to smokescreen tricks again.

Personally, I am wanting lb, cb, s, or guard in the the first 2 rounds. However, if Watkins somehow made it to 8, he would have to be the guy, right?

vikes_28
03-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Or Ha-Ha. Or Mosley.

Don't you think it would be Speilman, Zimmer, and Edwards of that were the case?

The_Dude
03-15-2014, 11:35 PM
Yes. It is smokescreen time. I'm not saying that they weren't looking at McCarron, just saying that Speilman likes to try to be tricky this time of year.

Taber21
03-17-2014, 01:27 PM
We met with Bridgewater prior to his apparently less-than-stellar pro day.

jimmylishis
03-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Read rumor of the Vikings coaching staff to be a bit enamored with Justin Gilbert out of Oklahoma State.

hmmm......

Where'd you hear this? I've been warming up to the idea to take a cb at 8. Not sure there are any worth taking at that spot but maybe trade down cause it'd be really nice to have 2 freaky CBs to match up with all the big dominant receivers in the division. The Alshon and Marshall duo is really scaring me especially with josh Robinson being a potential starter at the moment...

vikes_28
03-20-2014, 05:27 PM
With Rhodes, Munnerlyn, and Cox in our secondary, I don't see the need for drafting a CB unless it is strictly for depth. "but Cox sucked in SD..." yes he did, but that system was a terrible fit for him. I believe Zimmer will make him as productive as he was when he was in Jax and we will re-sign him next offseason.

the_legend_killer
03-21-2014, 12:33 AM
The way it's looking, I think it's either a LB or QB in the first round right now.

vikes_28
03-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Looks like we are meeting with David Fales...

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Report_Vikings_meeting_with_QB_David_Fales_after_s eeing_QB_David_Carr032114

the_legend_killer
03-21-2014, 10:23 PM
As far as the developmental QBs in this draft go, I like Fales. Team just doing due diligence I'm sure.

The Dynasty
03-22-2014, 10:36 AM
Looks like we are meeting with David Fales...

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Report_Vikings_meeting_with_QB_David_Fales_after_s eeing_QB_David_Carr032114

As far as the developmental QBs in this draft go, I like Fales. Team just doing due diligence I'm sure.

Exactly. We have been seen checking out every QB in this draft basically.

General Zod
03-27-2014, 11:18 PM
Could be a smokescreen, but Zimmer was unimpressed by Johnnys work out.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/03/vikings-zimmer-unimpressed-by-manziels-choreographed-pro-day/

the_legend_killer
03-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Interesting indeed. Really looking forward to the draft (always do, but moreso this year with how important it is for the Vikings).

jimmylishis
03-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Could be a smokescreen, but Zimmer was unimpressed by Johnnys work out.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/03/vikings-zimmer-unimpressed-by-manziels-choreographed-pro-day/

I wouldn't be too sure that the guy that couldn't get a head coaching job because he was "too blunt" is much of a smokescreen guy. I think Zimmer is a straight shooter who will tell you exactly what he likes and doesn't like.

With that being said, I really hope it is a smokescreen. I really want Manziel.

Dr. Gonzo
03-30-2014, 02:01 PM
We need Bridgewater!

the_legend_killer
03-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Yep, despite all the stuff floating out there about him dropping down, I still want Bridgewater at 8.

vikes_28
03-31-2014, 01:14 PM
For a while it was 3 QB's taken in the top 5. Now they are saying it could be 4 QB's in the top 10. I don't think we have a chance at Carr since Cleveland and Oakland are rumored to be interested in him. I would be happy with Bridgewater at 8; however, I do not think there is a QB in this draft that is worth selling the farm for.

I've done a few mock drafts on first-pick.com and it seems as though Carr is falling to the 2nd in most, and McCarron is falling to the end of the 3rd/ early 4th. I think McCarron would be a great value with our 2nd 3rd round pick.

Norcal3518
03-31-2014, 01:26 PM
Im hearing from some sjsu ppl that minnesota liked what they saw from Fales. I personally like Fales especially as a late round pick. I like the weapons Minnesota has for Norv Turners offense all he needs is a smart accurate passer who doesnt F things up and they could be successful.

Vikings4ever
04-06-2014, 10:21 AM
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/the-5-most-interesting-rumors-circling-the-nfl-draft.html/3/

Courtesy of WalterFootball.com‘s Charlie Campbell, it looks as though at least one of the two of the top Quarterback prospects are going to be in for a rude awakening on draft day. “Teams are lukewarm on Bridgewater, as they have concerns about his physical skill set and build. A few sources said they wouldn’t be surprised if Bridgewater fell to the second round,” wrote Campbell, adding that, “We’ve also learned that one team picking in the top 10 has Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron rated ahead of Bridgewater.” Zing.

General Zod
04-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Per Rotoworld:

NFL draft insider Tony Pauline reports LSU's Zach Mettenberger is the Vikings' "signal caller of choice" in May's draft.
Pauline expects the Vikings to draft a linebacker at No. 8 overall, ideally Buffalo's Khalil Mack, and to target a quarterback in round two. Minnesota holds the No. 40 pick, where Mettenberger is tentatively expected to be available. A big-armed pocket passer, Mettenberger is considered a "perfect fit" for new OC Norv Turner's vertical attack. Mettenberger is holding his Pro Day this week.

marshallb
04-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Per Rotoworld:

NFL draft insider Tony Pauline reports LSU's Zach Mettenberger is the Vikings' "signal caller of choice" in May's draft.
Pauline expects the Vikings to draft a linebacker at No. 8 overall, ideally Buffalo's Khalil Mack, and to target a quarterback in round two. Minnesota holds the No. 40 pick, where Mettenberger is tentatively expected to be available. A big-armed pocket passer, Mettenberger is considered a "perfect fit" for new OC Norv Turner's vertical attack. Mettenberger is holding his Pro Day this week.

I read that the other day. I've liked Mettenberger for a while and felt that he would fit really well in Turner's system. If he's their target at QB and are able to get him in the 2nd that would be great, especially if they can either get Mack at 8 or else trade down a little bit and get either Mosley, Gilbert/Dennard, or Pryor/Clinton-Dix. I would still love to see them land Bridgewater at 8 and would also be happy with Bortles or Manziel, but this would be another very good scenario.

vikes_28
04-07-2014, 12:31 PM
I think 40 may be a bit of a reach for Mettenberger.

marshallb
04-07-2014, 10:56 PM
I think 40 may be a bit of a reach for Mettenberger.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes late 1st (likely a trade up, but a couple teams fit there) if he works out well at his pro day and shows he's back from his torn acl.

vikes_28
04-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Either way, I wanted Bridgewater for quite some time, and now I want nothing to do with him. I see him as being a huge bust that someone is going to reach on in the 1st round...Please don't let it be us.

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2014, 11:45 PM
I would be quite happy with Mettenberger at 40.

vikes_28
04-08-2014, 09:20 PM
If anyone wants to be co-gm for the upcoming forum mock for the vikings, shoot me a PM with your email and/or phone number.

jimmylishis
04-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Just curious, how would you guys feel about taking a receiver? It's obviously not our biggest need but if Watkins or Evans is available could we pass them up? It would really take our receiving corps to that elite level assuming they pan out which could really help out cassel or a new quarterback whether that's this year or next year. The best part about this offseason is that we signed a bunch of guys at every position of need. While they aren't long-term answers, it does put us in a situation where there are no extremely glaring needs so we have some flexibility to go BPA.

Dr. Gonzo
04-22-2014, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't mind a WR but I think going LB/QB is either order is the way to go. If Watkins falls to 8 I would rather trade down as I am sure a few teams would offer a nice deal to move up and grab him.

Dr. Gonzo
04-22-2014, 12:51 PM
I would probably **** my pants with joy if the Vikings end up with Mack and Mettenberger in the first two rounds.

The Dynasty
04-22-2014, 01:13 PM
I would probably **** my pants with joy if the Vikings end up with Mack and Mettenberger in the first two rounds.

Bingo.

I would rather have Evans over Watkins since we already have a burner in Flash. With Evans height he could help spread the field for our offense. But we need help more on the defense side than anything.

Our projected D line-up is:
LE: Robison
DT: Joseph
DT: Floyd
RE: Griffin
SLB: Greenway
MLB: Mauti/Brinkley/Cole
WLB: Hodges
LCB: Rhodes
SS: Sanford
FS: Smith
RCB: Robinson/Munnerlyn

We clearly need to address the middle linebacker, weak-side linebacker position and possibly the cornerback. If Barr or Mack there are at 8.. We must take one of them for the WLB spot. If not I would say look at trading back to a position to where we could still get Mosley/Gilbert/Dennard.

Also I wouldn't be shocked at all if we trade back up into the first round to draft a falling QB. We have an extra third round pick and we know Spielman isn't afraid to pull the trigger on trades.

General Zod
04-23-2014, 07:01 PM
I got a feeling Mack is gonna be gone by the time our pick is up. But I am ok with Barr at that spot. I like Mack better, but Barr would be a nice addition.

The Dynasty
05-01-2014, 07:28 PM
We are a week away from the draft. Who do you guys do you want and who do you expect?

This draft is pretty crazy for us because there are at least five different ways we could go in round one. We could go QB, DT, LB, CB, S or even if Sammy Watkins some how happens to fall to 8.. I wouldn't be shocked if we picked him either.

All in all I think the Vikings will go QB in Bortles or Bridgewater but I hope for Mack.

vikes_28
05-01-2014, 09:46 PM
I doubt Mack makes it past 5.

If Mack, Barr, Manziel, and Bortles are all gone by 8, which is a high possibility, I believe we will take Aaron Donald or trade down a bit to pick up a QB late like Carr or Bridgewater.

It also wouldn't surprise me if we took Gilbert at 8. I don't like the value there at all with Gilbert...but I like Gilbert.

I think Bridgewater is out of the top 10 for sure. We could make a move for him if he is still there after pick 20. We could trade our 2nd and maybe a 3rd next year to get back into the 1st.

the_legend_killer
05-01-2014, 11:19 PM
I've love Mack at 8, but that probably won't happen. I'd be ok with Bortles at 8 (he needs to sit for a year or two). I'd be ok with Barr or Gilbert too. I think the Vikings could trade down from 8 (someone in the 12-18 range that wants someone like Mike Evans or one of the OTs if they slip) then trade back into the last five picks of the first round to get a falling QB.

BuckNaked
05-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Mack would give me a boner, but no chance. I wouldn't mind seeing us trade back into the middle of round one or late teens. Pick up a LB/S/CB, use what we got from the trade back, hop back into round one and take Bridgewater. Then address the other positions in round two and three.

The Dynasty
05-06-2014, 02:02 PM
So I read today that a few teams are looking to trade up for a WR and I think we are in prime position if you think about it. Watkins and Evans most likely will be gone but if Evans is there than that's even better, but we know that the Bills may take a WR and teams might want to jump them, especially the Jets. So there lies the possibility of us trading back from 8 to 18 picking up some picks in return and drafting Bridgewater/Mosley.

vikes_28
05-06-2014, 06:06 PM
That would be perfect if we traded down with the Jets. I wouldn't feel so bad about wasting a top 10 pick on Bridgewater/ reaching on one of the other QB prospects.

The_Dude
05-06-2014, 08:52 PM
I honestly have no idea which direction the Vikings are going to go in the draft... Which makes it all the more exciting.

the_legend_killer
05-07-2014, 01:20 AM
That would be perfect if we traded down with the Jets. I wouldn't feel so bad about wasting a top 10 pick on Bridgewater/ reaching on one of the other QB prospects.

That would be nice. I'd like to trade back into that 14-18 range, lots of D players worth it in that range at LB and CB and could get a few extra picks. I'm extremely excited for this draft because, as Dude said, I have no idea what the Vikings are going to do. LOTS of scenarios out there, makes for exciting times. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Spielman trade down, then trade back into the first to get two firsts.

Vikings4ever
05-07-2014, 09:58 AM
But I wouldn't be surprised to see Spielman trade down, then trade back into the first to get two firsts.

Yeah, I'd love to see us be able to grab Mosley and Bortles/Bridgewater.

General Zod
05-08-2014, 10:06 AM
My final thoughts..

Bortles is the only QB worth taking at 8 in my opinion.

If we stand pat and dont move from that pick, my short wish list is(figuring Clowney and Mack are long gone)

1. Anthony Barr
2. Justin Gilbert
3. Aaron Donald.
4. C.J. Mosley
5. Clinton-Dix

I think you really cant go wrong with any of the top 20 defensive guys in this draft. I like a lot of players. Even though we signed a lot of defensive linemen in the off season, if we took Donald it wouldnt shock me. I actually love the guy so I'd be ok with it. I would just feel a little better about a LB.

Of course Id also be on board with trading down for more picks. This is a deep draft, there is a lot of talent.

the_legend_killer
05-08-2014, 01:20 PM
If we stay at #8, my feelings are

Thrilled: Khalil Mack (ain't happening, but I can dream)
Pleased: Blake Bortles (I think our QB situation is right to take him and let him sit the whole first year, which I think he needs to do), Anthony Barr (He's not a 4-3 OLB prototype, but I think he'd be a fun piece for Zimmer to have to work with).
Fine with: Donald (I get he's a fit, but I think Floyd could be that guy), Gilbert, Dennard, Mosley, Shazier (A little early for him, but I think he's a perfect fit for the 4-3 WLB spot).

Other people I'm sure I'd be fine with too, but we'll see. Superexcited for tonight.

vikes_28
05-08-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm guessing it's a huge smokescreen, but a lot of tweets this afternoon saying that we are going Manziel at 8, and the Wilfs are flying to MN to sit in with Speilman about the possibility of Manziel being there at 8.

Dr. Gonzo
05-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Good pick. **** JFF. Plenty of great options to be had at QB late first/second.

Vikings4ever
05-08-2014, 08:18 PM
With the way the draft went, I'm happy with Barr.

The_Dude
05-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Certainly content with Barr. Funny how people on Facebook, through texts, etc totally hate the pick. I trust in Zimmer. Maybe blindly, but what else do we have to hold on to? :)

singe_101
05-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Teddy or Dennard, por favor

Dr. Gonzo
05-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Trade into the first for a QB!

vikes_28
05-08-2014, 10:47 PM
We got Bridgewater! and not at 8!

Dr. Gonzo
05-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Love the first round. Love it. Two amazing first rounds in a row.

Taber21
05-08-2014, 10:52 PM
In Spielman We Trust. Great night.

BuckNaked
05-08-2014, 10:54 PM
So not flaccid

djp
05-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Awesome day 1.

yo123
05-08-2014, 11:05 PM
hey guys we have a real live quarterback that can throw the ball and everything.

Dr. Gonzo
05-08-2014, 11:08 PM
I am happy we got Bridgewater and not JFF

General Zod
05-08-2014, 11:14 PM
I dont get a lot of people ripping the Barr pick. Im totally fine with it considering who was left on the board at the time.

Im not sure how to feel about Bridgewater. There were so many times I watched him during the season and it was like his accuracy would just randomly go to ****. There were times were he looked a lot like Tavaris Jackson to me. Honestly I was kinda hoping for Derek Carr.

Taber21
05-08-2014, 11:17 PM
7 1st round picks in 3 years. Kalil, Harrison, Floyd, Rhodes, Patterson, Barr, and Bridgewater. Spielman is on a serious roll.

Vikings4ever
05-08-2014, 11:21 PM
I dont get a lot of people ripping the Barr pick. Im totally fine with it considering who was left on the board at the time.

Im not sure how to feel about Bridgewater. There were so many times I watched him during the season and it was like his accuracy would just randomly go to ****. There were times were he looked a lot like Tavaris Jackson to me. Honestly I was kinda hoping for Derek Carr.

I'm guessing they thought the Vikes should have gone Manziel or Bridgewater early.

Barr was a fine pick. Yes, he's boom or bust, but there simply weren't any better options on the board.

Yes, Bridgewater has his faults. But there's a reason he was talked about at number 1 overall for a majority of the offseason. At 32, he's certainly worth the risk.

wogitalia
05-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Yes, just yes. Love that first round.

General Zod
05-08-2014, 11:25 PM
I'm guessing they thought the Vikes should have gone Manziel or Bridgewater early.

Barr was a fine pick. Yes, he's boom or bust, but there simply weren't any better options on the board.

Yes, Bridgewater has his faults. But there's a reason he was talked about at number 1 overall for a majority of the offseason. At 32, he's certainly worth the risk.

Yeah at 32 sure. And it wasnt like I had Carr waaay over Teddy.

Plus having Norv is really gonna help. I dont think Teddy would have stood a chance with Musgrave still running the offense.

Taber21
05-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Yeah at 32 sure. And it wasnt like I had Carr waaay over Teddy.

Plus having Norv is really gonna help. I dont think Teddy would have stood a chance with Musgrave still running the offense.

To be fair, did anyone?

the_legend_killer
05-08-2014, 11:41 PM
http://www.fangraphs.com/not/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jonah.gif

Dr. Gonzo
05-08-2014, 11:57 PM
From what I understand taking Bridegwater in the first means he is signed for 5 years and not 3. If that's the case it was pure genius.

Vikings4ever
05-09-2014, 12:02 AM
From what I understand taking Bridegwater in the first means he is signed for 5 years and not 3. If that's the case it was pure genius.

4, with a club option for a 5th year.

yo123
05-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Teddy/AD/Cordarelle/Jennings/Rudolph/Wright

That is some serious offensive talent, and if Kalil can rebound from a bit of a sophomore slump last year it will be even better.

I assume the Barr pick means we'll be playing some kind of hybrid of a 4-3/3-4 scheme?

Vikes99ej
05-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Love what happened tonight. I trust Zim.

Vikings4ever
05-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Nice value in Crichton, adds to a strong DL rotation.

The Dynasty
05-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Vikings took Scott Crichton from Oregon State with their first pick in the three round. Our defense is going to be pretty exciting to watch next season with Barr, Griffin and Crichton.

I hope we go CB or G with our next pick though.

Taber21
05-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Great value.

The Dynasty
05-09-2014, 09:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnPc4NPCIAA3eIM.jpg

Already connecting.

Taber21
05-09-2014, 09:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnPc4NPCIAA3eIM.jpg

Already connecting.

That is amazing.

The_Dude
05-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Awesome pic of CP & TB.

I have no idea about the RB we just took. I was bumming though as the OGs kept coming off the board right before our last pick.

Vikes99ej
05-09-2014, 11:05 PM
I can't believe how many butthurt Vikings fans I've seen on Twitter posting on the Vikings updates. We have some seriously idiotic morons in our fanbase.

the_legend_killer
05-09-2014, 11:23 PM
I can't believe how many butthurt Vikings fans I've seen on Twitter posting on the Vikings updates. We have some seriously idiotic morons in our fanbase.

OMG, we NEED da Johnny Football swag!!!!! I'm dun wid dis team!

The_Dude
05-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Facebook, too.

The reaction to the Barr pick was hilarious! Those people bashing the pick had no idea who he even was. I had to talk several people off the proverbial ledge.... and I am not even a super knowledgable drafty.

General Zod
05-10-2014, 08:10 AM
There are a lot of people, some so called "experts" too bashing the Barr pick. I just dont get it. Its a solid pick. He fills a need for us, and he has been projected in the top 15 of round 1 the whole time.

the_legend_killer
05-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Day 3 wants? I'd say CB, S and WR, maybe a LB of some kind as well.

The Dynasty
05-10-2014, 01:28 PM
We just got a steal with Yankey in the 5th round! Awesome pick.

the_legend_killer
05-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Really like the Yankey pick. Versatile and could be starting at LG in the opener.

The Dynasty
05-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Vikings keep trading back and now we have 5 picks in the last two rounds.

the_legend_killer
05-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Wouldn't mind snagging Antone Exum (CB) and/or Brandon Coleman (WR) if we get the chance in Round 6.

Vikings4ever
05-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Wouldn't mind snagging Antone Exum (CB) and/or Brandon Coleman (WR) if we get the chance in Round 6.

Bullseye.:banana:

the_legend_killer
05-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Bullseye.:banana:

Indeed. Wouldn't have minded Coleman there to give a big red zone body, but can't argue with taking a CB.

Vikes99ej
05-10-2014, 05:08 PM
What a great draft. Super-excited about Yankey. at least ONE of those CBs has to be better than Robinson.

the_legend_killer
05-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Overall I'm pleased with the draft. They hit the needs, either with the top few picks or with many picks at the back end (if one of those CBs turns out it'll be worth it).

The_Dude
05-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Here is a list of the Vikings' 15 UDFAs:

Here is the full list of players to agree to terms with the Vikings:

AC Leonard, TE, Tennessee State

Kain Colter, WR, Northwestern

Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee

Zac Kerin, C, Toledo

Pierce Burton, OT, Mississippi

Matt Hall, OT, Belhaven

Austin Wentworth, OG Fresno State

Isame Faciane, NT, Florida International

Dominique Williams, HB, Wagner

Jake Snyder, DE, Virginia

Erik Lora, WR, Eastern Illinois

Tyler Scott, DE, Northwestern

Donte Foster, WR, Ohio

Rakim Cox, DE, Villanova

OSUGiants17
05-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Found this online and thought I'd share
http://cdn.bloguin.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2014/03/teddy-bridgewater-vikings.png

Congrats on a great draft guys