PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Mafia Game

Pages : [1] 2 3

ImBrotherCain
05-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Back Story:

In a parallel universe very similar to ours our story takes place. In Miami- Dade county at the Miami metro police department everyone scrambling about. There has been a string of murders the police department is tasked with trying to stop this killer (or killers?) before things get to far out of hand.

Police Captain Thomas Mathews gathers the troops.
"Listen up everyone! We have nine murders over the past 3 weeks. We have different M.O.s and no information. We have to stop this before the public starts to panic! Step up and catch whomever is doing this... Before its to late.

Day One: No Lynch
Night One: No Deaths
Day Two: R4L (Harry Morgan, Townie) was lynched
Night Two: Grizz (Angel Batista, Protector) was murdered
Day Three: Woot (Arthur Mitchell, Serial Killer) was lynched
Night Three: SuperPacker (Lila West, Arsonist) was murdered
Night Three: D-Unit (Rita Morgan, Townie) was murdered
Day Four: Rob (Brian Moser, Serial Killer) has been lynched

Still Alive:
JR
Cigaro
Broth
BuckeyeDan replaced by Rufus
McGee
Fenikz
CJ
Renji replaced by Gonzo

Rules (I suggest actually reading them):

- THERE IS ZERO TOLERANCE FOR BREAKING ANY OF THESE RULES. DO NOT DO IT. Mod kills and future bans from games will be the result for you.

- DO NOT CONTACT EACH OTHER BY MEANS OUTSIDE OF THE GAME OR SANCTIONED CHATS.

- DO NOT NAME DROP. Automatic mod-kill if you do or even strongly hint at it.

- DO NOT ROLE REVEAL UNNECESSARILY. It is in violation of the spirit of the game and can ruin it very quickly. If I feel that is getting out of hand with unnecessary demands or reveals, we will take drastic steps to curb it. You have been warned. If you are unsure if it is necessary PM me to be sure.

- No “if I’m evil, I’ll never play again” bull ****. No sig bets. Nothing of that type will be allowed. These violate the spirit of the game and will not be tolerated.

- DO NOT GIVE WIN CONDITIONS BY ANY MEANS! This cheapens the game for those who might not have the same win condition as the others. If you ask for it there will be warned. After that it will result in a modkill.

- All lynch and unlynch votes must be in bold. You must unlynch before changing your vote.

- Please refrain from quoting the votes of other people. Delete them from the quote before posting to avoid confusion.

- Refrain from editing your posts.

- Soft cap of 24 hour Day-limits. If we can see that you are making progress, I am willing to expand that. If things seem stuck, something drastic will happen to move us along.

- Random **** may happen. Be prepared.

- If your name is on the player list but you did not receive a role PM, inform me at once.

- The mod color is Dark Red. Do not use the mod color.

fenikz
05-06-2013, 11:07 AM
death to the infidels!

jrdrylie
05-06-2013, 11:09 AM
I did my random number generator to weed out the evil. As you all know, it is infallible. Here are the results.

Renji is the Godfather.
If there is a serial killer, it's Woot.
Rob is also evil.
Either Grizz or McGee is evil. I'm leaning towards Grizz.

Brothgar
05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Who exactly is going to be the Mafia in a Dexter game? I didn't see the whole series.

jrdrylie
05-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Who exactly is going to be the Mafia in a Dexter game? I didn't see the whole series.

I've never seen the show at all. The only thing I know from it is this...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/296/742/ebf.gif

CJSchneider
05-06-2013, 12:04 PM
I've never seen the show at all. The only thing I know from it is this...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/296/742/ebf.gif

Neither have I, but a quick stop at wikipedia should turn up some bad guy names.

SuperMcGee
05-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I did my random number generator to weed out the evil. As you all know, it is infallible. Here are the results.

Renji is the Godfather.
If there is a serial killer, it's Woot.
Rob is also evil.
Either Grizz or McGee is evil. I'm leaning towards Grizz.

Grizz is often evil. Me, not so much. Easy decision, no?

Rob S
05-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Checking in from work. Packed with meetings, but I'm looking good to be out at a reasonable hour so I should be able to be very active this evening. Anyone feel that the size of the game impacts whether to lynch or not lynch day one? Personally, it doesnt for me, but I would like to hear from someone if they think differently.

SuperMcGee
05-06-2013, 12:43 PM
I miss when Juliet O'Hara worked here. What a babe, am I right?

I distrust Cigars, as I advice you all should.

Grizzlegom
05-06-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm not evil, I'm third party, duh!

CJSchneider
05-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Checking in from work. Packed with meetings, but I'm looking good to be out at a reasonable hour so I should be able to be very active this evening. Anyone feel that the size of the game impacts whether to lynch or not lynch day one? Personally, it doesnt for me, but I would like to hear from someone if they think differently.

In my opinion, it only makes a mistake that much more painful. I'm guessing based on numbers alone, we have 3 bad-guys, and in this case the GF is the SK, and a vigilante.

jrdrylie
05-06-2013, 01:23 PM

As long as the ratio of good to bad is similar to a typical game, the odds are roughly the same. However, the odds are slightly better because we are more likely to hit the serial killer.

fenikz
05-06-2013, 01:26 PM
since it is a Dexter mafia game there is most likely a serial killer/vigilante

D-Unit
05-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Never saw Dexter... But let's do this!

As to Rob's question... I think that's a little too premature to determine yet. Let's hear some talking first, then decide.

Brothgar
05-06-2013, 01:45 PM
since it is a Dexter mafia game there is most likely a serial killer/vigilante

There could even be more than one.

Rob S
05-06-2013, 02:18 PM
There could even be more than one.

This was my thought initially as well, but with a small game a 3 kill night would seem like too much. Ibc has modded enough to know that vigilantes miss just as much, if not more than they hit on scum. I doubt he would do it. That said, it is dexter so there should be a **** load of murder happening.

SuperMcGee
05-06-2013, 02:24 PM
IBC has already said that the theme should matter little in this one, but everyone knows that guy is a liar so I say CHAOS! Night kills for all! Except me. I'm good.

Raiderz4Life
05-06-2013, 02:37 PM
I think we need to lynch all Canadians and gingers.

Cigaro
05-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Been sleeping and eating, but I'm here. Although it appears I haven't missed much. Anyways, the numbers say fenikz is evil.

Grizzlegom
05-06-2013, 02:41 PM
I think we need to lynch all Canadians and gingers.

I could be mistaken but I don't think we have any of those in this game...

jrdrylie
05-06-2013, 02:45 PM
I could be mistaken but I don't think we have any of those in this game...

Woot is Canadian. Trying to protect your mafia brother?

Grizzlegom
05-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Wow, guess I missed woot there, I was thinking Rufus, Baines, and DG/vikes. Fail.

jrdrylie
05-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Is McGee from Canada or Buffalo? Is there really a difference?

Rob S
05-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Hmmmm. No gingers, so I guess Canadians are the next must lynch group. Especially French Canadians.

Rob S
05-06-2013, 02:51 PM

He may have to be the next in line, but French Canadians are the worst kind of Canadians.

SuperMcGee
05-06-2013, 02:52 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1brxbp6s81qleof2o1_250.gif

They're on to me.

D-Unit
05-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Do you guys think Dexter is a good guy or bad guy in this?

Grizzlegom
05-06-2013, 02:57 PM
I would guess that he would be a good guy, though I suppose it depends on what season Cain is basing it off as I've heard he gets crazy in later seasons (admittedly, I've only seen the first one and decided the show wasn't really my cup of tea and never bothered trying to watch later seasons).

Cigaro
05-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Interesting. We've got the obviously evil French Canadian, but then also McGee who probably thinks living near the border with Canada is perfectly acceptable. Maybe he's the Godfather, trying to win us over due to technically being an American, despite being Canadian at heart?

SuperMcGee
05-06-2013, 03:05 PM
I mean, I like Canada, but to be Canadian? Don't sell me short guys.

Though it would be a total Cigars move to try to turn nothing into McGeevilness.

jrdrylie
05-06-2013, 03:14 PM
I think no lynch is the way to go. But if I had to lynch anyone, Woot is my choice.

Rob S
05-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Do you guys think Dexter is a good guy or bad guy in this?

It's interesting. The most logical bet is vigilante, but the whole 3 kill night thing gives me pause. Maybe no sk, but how could you have a dexter game with no sk? Also, does anyone have a problem with major spoilers? I may be able to shed some additional light here.

fenikz
05-06-2013, 03:18 PM
I would guess Dexter is a vigilante and all the evil people from the show are grouped together and get 1 kill

Probably Lithgow as godfather

D-Unit
05-06-2013, 03:20 PM
It's interesting. The most logical bet is vigilante, but the whole 3 kill night thing gives me pause. Maybe no sk, but how could you have a dexter game with no sk? Also, does anyone have a problem with major spoilers? I may be able to shed some additional light here.
It could be that the vigilante or SK can only kill on certain nights or conditions. So 3 kills a night would only happen occassionally.

ImBrotherCain
05-06-2013, 03:20 PM
I personally have no issues with massive story spoilers. Although that is only from a Mod perspective who has watched the show.

fenikz
05-06-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm gonna go with no lynch, we rarely if ever get someone on the 1st night and I personally would like to get the game moving along

Vote: No Lynch

SuperPacker
05-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Dexter theme woop!

Dexter is obviously vigilante. Evil guys will be the people Dexter is trying to kill...Ice Truck Killer/Trinity Killer/Isaak Sirko etc.

I'm fine with no-lynch. It's a small game so it would be nice for it to not drag.

ImBrotherCain
05-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Current Vote Count:

No Vote (1): Fenikz

With 14 alive 8 are needed for consensus.

jrdrylie
05-06-2013, 03:48 PM
I wasn't aware SP was even in this game.

D-Unit
05-06-2013, 03:54 PM
I wasn't aware SP was even in this game.
He sounds good from reading his first post.

I would be ok with a no lynch.

jrdrylie
05-06-2013, 04:08 PM
I'll follow fenikz's lead. It's likely where I was headed anyway.

Rob S
05-06-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm going to get a haircut. I don't mind letting discussions continue a little while longer, but I'm for a no lynch and won't let my being absent slow that down

vote: no lynch

D-Unit
05-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Vote: No lynch.

D-Unit
05-06-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm going to get a haircut. I don't mind letting discussions continue a little while longer, but I'm for a no lynch and won't let my being absent slow that down

vote: no lynch
Weren't you gonna share your spoiler?

Raiderz4Life
05-06-2013, 04:22 PM
SP can never be trusted. Damned red coats.

SuperPacker
05-06-2013, 04:25 PM

SP can never be trusted. Damned red coats.

1XPHL4Q86t4

SuperMcGee
05-06-2013, 04:32 PM
I don't follow leads and I certainly don't follow Leeds. I refuse to tag along at this juncture.

Besides, I haven't even heard from Renji in, like, 8 months.

Rob S
05-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Weren't you gonna share your spoiler?

It's a monster spoiler, so I'll give people some time to post. I am hesitant to risk spoiling anything for people because I know how pissed I get. Basically, I'm pretty sure dexter is the vigilante, but there may be some other potential roles due to some things that have happened recently in the show.

Raiderz4Life
05-06-2013, 05:06 PM
I will admit I've never watched dexter.

How involved is Yvonne Strahovski?

That may make me watch.

SuperPacker
05-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I will admit I've never watched dexter.

How involved is Yvonne Strahovski?

That may make me watch.

Well she was heavily involved in the last season and they set it up nicely for her to be a big part of the next season as well. I'm not sure what their plan is for her, though.

Brothgar
05-06-2013, 05:11 PM
While I'm likely to vote no lynch I am willing to let other people check in.

Rob S
05-06-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm back from my haircut and have a full keyboard at my disposal. Where the eff is this French Canadian?

Wootylicous
05-06-2013, 06:07 PM
After reading the two other pages

Go to hell Rob.

ImBrotherCain
05-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Sorry for the delay in the update. Got home from work, crawled into bed and passed out.

Current Vote Count:

No Vote (1): Fenikz, JR, Rob, D-Unit, SP

Wootylicous
05-06-2013, 06:13 PM
No Lynch10blablabla

SuperPacker
05-06-2013, 06:17 PM
BuckeyeDan and Renji are the only two yet to post. My eyes are on Renji cause he hasn't been active on the forums recently so could be inactive or use it as an excuse as to appear inactive.

Wootylicous
05-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Renji is still alive ?

Raiderz4Life
05-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Renji is still alive ?

Do you speak english like Georges St. Pierre?

Wootylicous
05-06-2013, 06:33 PM
No one can 'andle my riddum!

BuckeyeDan17
05-06-2013, 07:07 PM
BuckeyeDan and Renji are the only two yet to post. My eyes are on Renji cause he hasn't been active on the forums recently so could be inactive or use it as an excuse as to appear inactive.

To my defense I did state prior to the game beginning that I wouldn't be around at the start due to the first day of administrative/management training at my new job.

Good evening.

Rob S
05-06-2013, 07:23 PM
After reading the two other pages

Go to hell Rob.

Bring me poutine and we'll call it even.

Renji is still alive ?

Nah, I'm convinced a bot took over his account or something. He's definitely dead regardless.

ImBrotherCain
05-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Current Vote Count:

No Vote (6): Fenikz, JR, Rob, D-Unit, SP, Woot

Cigaro
05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm back. I think my preference for going no lynch is or at least should be known by now, but that being said, is there no desire to at least wait and see if Renji will ever post? Not a big fan of leaving inactives around, particularly in the small games. The only thing is, if we do decide to do that, its the middle of the night for him, so we'll have to wait a few more hours.

jrdrylie
05-06-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm back. I think my preference for going no lynch is or at least should be known by now, but that being said, is there no desire to at least wait and see if Renji will ever post? Not a big fan of leaving inactives around, particularly in the small games. The only thing is, if we do decide to do that, its the middle of the night for him, so we'll have to wait a few more hours.

Well, it's 2:30 in the morning for him. So if we wait, we will all be asleep by the time he can post. The thread was open during his optimal posting hours.

Rob S
05-06-2013, 07:41 PM

I don't really care either way. I mean, it would be nice hear from Renji, but even if we don't, I'm not lynching him Day 1 just because he hasn't posted. If he saw his PM and realized he was evil, he wouldn't have purposely gone dark for an entire day unless he has drastically changed how he plays. I'm gonna hold with my no lynch vote, but if people want to wait out Renji then I think that's fine.....we just need to make sure we don't eff up and pass the 24 hour deadline.

Cigaro
05-06-2013, 07:48 PM
I don't really care either way. I mean, it would be nice hear from Renji, but even if we don't, I'm not lynching him Day 1 just because he hasn't posted. If he saw his PM and realized he was evil, he wouldn't have purposely gone dark for an entire day unless he has drastically changed how he plays. I'm gonna hold with my no lynch vote, but if people want to wait out Renji then I think that's fine.....we just need to make sure we don't eff up and pass the 24 hour deadline.

I was more pointing out that he could be just inactive. We have a tendency to let inactive slide for whatever reason until the middle of the game when we end up complaining how they're killing the game, and I don't really want that to happen this go around, since its both small and the first game I've played in a while. It would have been one thing if he noted a reason to not be around prior to the game like Dan did, but I didn't see anything.

I'll understand if people don't want to wait, but I'm only an hour behind Renji so personally it doesn't affect me too much to do so. So until he shows up;

Vote: Renji

BuckeyeDan17
05-06-2013, 07:49 PM
VOTE NO lynch

I don't know enough nor have I developed any intuitions yet.

jrdrylie
05-06-2013, 07:51 PM
I respect Cigaro's opinion. I too hate inactives. However Renji has the reputation of being a very active and attentive player. If it continues though, I have no problem lynching him day two in the absence of any information.

Rob S
05-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I respect Cigaro's opinion. I too hate inactives. However Renji has the reputation of being a very active and attentive player. If it continues though, I have no problem lynching him day two in the absence of any information.

I get where Cigars is coming from. Inactives blow. That said, I never recall lynching a day 1 inactive ever working and Renji isn't the type of guy that would sit on an evil role and not post. That leads me to believe he just hasn't had a chance to log on yet and hasn't seen his PM. While it sucks for the flow of the game to have an inactive, I think Renji hasn't seen his role yet and therefore the chances are high that we will be killing a good guy.

ImBrotherCain
05-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Current Vote Count:

No Lynch (7): Fenikz, JR, Rob, D-Unit, SP, Woot, Cigaro
Renji (1): Cigaro

Raiderz4Life
05-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Think we give germasian a chance

no lynch

ImBrotherCain
05-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Current Vote Count:

No Lynch (8): Fenikz, JR, Rob, D-Unit, SP, Woot, Buckeye, R4L

Please submit any and all night actions to me ASAP.

ImBrotherCain
05-07-2013, 05:18 PM
The day before was quite uneventful in the city of Miami. There was little discussion... So far from a suspect the police force decided to focus on gathering information before just throwing caution to the wind. While some stood up giving their suspicions others chose to remain on the fringes of the investigation

The next morning dawned and all of Miami Metro gathered. The night was quiet. Thankfully their were no murders last night. Everyone quickly got to work. There was a mass email sent to the department. Everyone grew silent as they read the email.

Nine dead bodies. Of course this is Miami, and we're no strangers to crime and death, but this is different, these don't seem your standard killings. Something is strange is going on here, something new. Some new threat is roaming the streets, and its our job to eliminate them.

One of the worst things we can do at the start of an investigation is act hastily, follow false leads on circumstantial or nonexistent evidence, aiming blindly hoping we hit the right target. It seems the rest of the town agrees with me, and we managed not to add another needless victim to the lists. Despite this, we're also left no closer to catching the culprits. Hopefully good investigative work turned something up overnight, but regardless, we've got to start somewhere.

That woeful mechanic, he didn't seem to care to vote either way when the first no-lynch votes were cast, yet jumped in at the very end to ensure that no further discussion of a particular German occurred. Innocent move, or something more? And the German, can we count on him? Only active involvement will bring down the culprits, do we want to find ourselves relying on someone who may or may not be actually contributing? Yet at the same time, is he only being mentioned because he may represent an easy target? And last not but least, I've heard reports that a French Canadian has taken up residence in our city, which is quite frankly unacceptable.

As of now, there's too little info to know what we should do. But as the saying goes, you've got to crack a few eggs to make an omelette. Lets just hope more can be learned today, and regardless, be smart people. With those words ringing in their heads the department took up the investigation once again.

With 14 alive, 8 are needed to reach a consensus

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Hmmm. Interesting email. I wonder if this email is like the editorials in the Newspaper mafia game?

SuperPacker
05-07-2013, 05:48 PM
I wasn't in that game.

What happened? Was the person writing the articles (Gonzo?) allowed to say it was them? Was he good or evil?

I'm guessing it is someone in this game, just because they used "French Canadian" and "German". Could be wrong though.

SuperMcGee
05-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Let's act hastily and follow whatever leads sound fun.

In Canada I think people turn into coins when killed, so I'm okay with woot. Or Cigaro. Whichever.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Who is the woeful mechanic? R4L?

German = Renji
French Canadian = Woot

SuperPacker
05-07-2013, 06:01 PM
R4L because his car is always breaking down?

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 06:01 PM
I have two suspicions based on little to nothing. Broth and McGee.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 06:07 PM
I have two suspicions based on little to nothing. Broth and McGee.
Are those suspicions strong enough, that you would ignore those 3 names linked in the email? I kinda think one of those should be the candidate for today. I can't imagine Cain just throwing that in there with no meaning.

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Are those suspicions strong enough, that you would ignore those 3 names linked in the email? I kinda think one of those should be the candidate for today. I can't imagine Cain just throwing that in there with no meaning.

No, the suspicions are not strong at all. The only issue I have with the email is it seems very similar to the Editorial that as used in the DDN game (Cain was one of the mods). The town followed it to their detriment. With that said, I would go with R4L if I went with any of them.

SuperPacker
05-07-2013, 06:27 PM
I doubt Cain would just give us suspects to look at. Either way, following it just because, would be stupid.

I'm trying to think of reporters from Dexter and the only person I can think of is the daughter of the Trinity killer, so...

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 06:38 PM
I doubt Cain would just give us suspects to look at. Either way, following it just because, would be stupid.

I'm trying to think of reporters from Dexter and the only person I can think of is the daughter of the Trinity killer, so...
Yeah it would be interesting to see if we could figure out if the person who sent the mass email was a good person or bad person without lynching one of the 3 mentioned.

A reporter is a good guess.

Rob S
05-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Didn't one of the people Dexter was chasing **** with him via e-mail? I can't remember. SP seems to have better recall than myself.

Either way, looks like a role blocker/jailkeeper/doctor may have hit last night. Keep doin' what you do.

Raiderz4Life
05-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I got called a woeful mechanic! That gives me a sad

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 06:46 PM
The email seems to come from somebody within the Police Department because who else would have the ability to send a mass email to the entire department? I've never seen the show, so I don't know it that would fit.

In completely unrelated news, I have a cat named Dexter and he thinks BuckeyeDan is the killer.

Raiderz4Life
05-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Everyone knows cats are evil and unreliable

Grizzlegom
05-07-2013, 06:51 PM
I'd venture to say there is little to no chance that email has anything other than someone's opinions. Cain knows better than to give unnecessary fluff that influences the masses as a mod.

As for any real suspicions, I've got none, a quick no lynch was stupid, though I'm glad we didn't pay for it. Either we have multiple bulletproof characters that targeted each other or the doctor did their job. Here's hoping the investigators got something as we've got nothing else to go on at this juncture.

vote: Rob

just cause.

ImBrotherCain
05-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Current Vote Count:

Rob (1): Grizz

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 06:57 PM
With the time difference, I think getting Cigaro or Renji to post tonight might be difficult so definitely no need to be hasty. But I'll go with BuckeyeDan for now. He is an inexperienced player. Maybe he got an evil role and is scared to make himself standout and is laying low. No actual evidence or investigation behind this so take it as you will.

Vote BuckeyeDan

ImBrotherCain
05-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Current Vote Count:

Rob (1): Grizz,
Buckeye (1): JR,

SuperMcGee
05-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm sick of hearing about your feelings, JD!

Not really, but you have thrown a few names out there. Only one with some reason, but I'm glad you added the vote to it. We need to ACT.

Rob S
05-07-2013, 07:08 PM
fwiw, I'm thinking IBC was not the author of the e-mail. I think it is a role. There was a game like that before I think.....wasn't Gonzo able to post his thoughts as editor or something and whiffed horribly on everything?

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm sick of hearing about your feelings, JD!

Not really, but you have thrown a few names out there. Only one with some reason, but I'm glad you added the vote to it. We need to ACT.

Hey, I've only accused 7 people so far.

SuperPacker
05-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Didn't one of the people Dexter was chasing **** with him via e-mail? I can't remember. SP seems to have better recall than myself.

Either way, looks like a role blocker/jailkeeper/doctor may have hit last night. Keep doin' what you do.

I can kind of remember what you're talking about but not sure who. Only things I can think of are his brother when he was playing those games with him/sending him stuff and the boyfriend of his babysitter when he was trying to **** with Dexter.

It's probably what JR said. One of the good guys (Maria LaGuerta would be my main guess) that has a leadership role within the police department and would then have the opportunity to send emails to everyone.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 07:14 PM
fwiw, I'm thinking IBC was not the author of the e-mail. I think it is a role. There was a game like that before I think.....wasn't Gonzo able to post his thoughts as editor or something and whiffed horribly on everything?
I've never been in a game lilke that, but that's a neat twist. Cool role.

But if it is a role, I have to think that it would be an evil role. What purpose would it be for a good person to have that role?

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 07:16 PM
I can kind of remember what you're talking about but not sure who. Only things I can think of are his brother when he was playing those games with him/sending him stuff and the boyfriend of his babysitter when he was trying to **** with Dexter.

It's probably what JR said. One of the good guys (Maria LaGuerta would be my main guess) that has a leadership role within the police department and would then have the opportunity to send emails to everyone.
Hmmmm..... makes sense.

SuperMcGee
05-07-2013, 07:16 PM
To establish suspicions anonymously. Get conversation going in the way they'd like it to. Easily could be (and has been) a good role.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 07:18 PM
To establish suspicions anonymously. Get conversation going in the way they'd like it to. Easily could be (and has been) a good role.
Yeah, I guess it is an interesting way for an investigator to get his thoughts out without being outed.

Unfortunately those thoughts that were shared were meh.

Grizzlegom
05-07-2013, 07:20 PM
When we used it in DDN, it was a town-aligned role. Doesn't mean it couldn't be a scum role though. I don't know enough about Dexter but if there was a tech-savvy bad-guy, he could have hacked it, or a dirty cop could have sent it.

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I guess it is an interesting way for an investigator to get his thoughts out without being outed.

I don't think they would have an investigative role as well. That would be kind of unfair to the bad guys to have an investigator be able to anonymously give their results. Plus, if it was an investigator, he likely would have given a more clear position on someone. I think their only role is to write something.

SuperPacker
05-07-2013, 07:23 PM

It doesn't have to be an investigator.

Rob S
05-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Well, I doubt that power would be given to an actual cop in the game (it is almost certainly a Miami PD member from the show though). That would probably be way too powerful as a role....they could just out themselves as a cop anonymously in the note and reveal their findings on a daily basis. My guess is a "townie" has the ability to write the post.

Rob S
05-07-2013, 07:25 PM
When we used it in DDN, it was a town-aligned role. Doesn't mean it couldn't be a scum role though. I don't know enough about Dexter but if there was a tech-savvy bad-guy, he could have hacked it, or a dirty cop could have sent it.

Could be the BF of the babysitter then, but idk....feels like it would be a town aligned role now that I've given it some additional thought.

SuperPacker
05-07-2013, 07:25 PM

Definitely potential for a dirty cop.

It easily could be either good or bad person that is writing those e-mails, so I don't know how much we should lean on it, if at all.

A good conversation starter, though.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Well, I doubt that power would be given to an actual cop in the game (it is almost certainly a Miami PD member from the show though). That would probably be way too powerful as a role....they could just out themselves as a cop anonymously in the note and reveal their findings on a daily basis. My guess is a "townie" has the ability to write the post.
A lame reality. Probably true.

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Definitely a good conversation starter. Like R4L coming in and voting no lynch. He said let's give the German a chance and then casts the final vote which made it impossible for the German to actually speak day one. It wasn't like Renji was even close to being lynched so there was no need to vote so quickly. Odd.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Definitely potential for a dirty cop.

It easily could be either good or bad person that is writing those e-mails, so I don't know how much we should lean on it, if at all.

A good conversation starter, though.
One way to find out of the role is good or bad is to lynch someone on the list and see the results.

Rob S
05-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I think there is definitely the potential for dirty cops (Quinn) or incompetent cops (well, pretty much everyone in Miami PD).

BuckeyeDan17
05-07-2013, 08:01 PM
jr i might be inexperienced but if i have a bad role i'm not just going to voluntarily disappear. The week's busy for me and I can't use a phone at this job.

SuperPacker
05-07-2013, 08:05 PM
One way to find out of the role is good or bad is to lynch someone on the list and see the results.

that wouldn't help prove anything.

Brothgar
05-07-2013, 08:06 PM
I really starting to think D is evil.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 08:30 PM
that wouldn't help prove anything.
I thought it would be as simple as this...

If the person we lynch is good, then the email came from a bad person.

ie. If it was a hacker, then he might want to set up a frame for the town to lynch.

If the person we lynch turned out bad, then that would make the person sending an email a sure good guy.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 08:31 PM
I really starting to think D is evil.
Wouldn't be your first broth up. :)

Rob S
05-07-2013, 08:32 PM
I thought it would be as simple as this...

If the person we lynch is good, then the email came from a bad person.

ie. If it was a hacker, then he might want to set up a frame for the town to lynch.

If the person we lynch turned out bad, then that would make the person sending an email a sure good guy.

This is not true in the slightest. If the author is a townie, they have no more insight into that roles than anyone else on the side of good.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 08:44 PM
This is not true in the slightest. If the author is a townie, they have no more insight into that roles than anyone else on the side of good.
Yeah, since then I realized there are too many what if's.

This game needs more involvement. I'm disappointed in the guys who signed up but don't contribute.

SuperMcGee
05-07-2013, 08:45 PM
I know it's something to talk about, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of benefit down this path, at the moment.

Do I know of a more productive path? No. So ignore me.

Brothgar
05-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Wouldn't be your first broth up. :)

Its hardly a broth up to suspect someone specially this early in the game.

My reasoning is not great but at this point it is about as good as we've got right now.

1. He attempted to get names in the discussion thread. Now I know he's claimed it was only a jape but what if it wasn't? I've seen all too often someone ask who's holding the game up and someone say "not me".

2. openly suggesting we follow a strategy that destroyed the town in the DDN game.

3. Now this is just a feeling but it seems like he is fishing this isn't that strong and I could easily be wrong but that is my feeling.

Rob S
05-07-2013, 08:50 PM
I know it's something to talk about, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of benefit down this path, at the moment.

Do I know of a more productive path? No. So ignore me.

Yeah, I don't think there is anything to be garnered from the letter. At least not today. But at least it is discussion. I'm hoping that the Germasian and other non-participators come out to play tm.

Grizzlegom
05-07-2013, 08:52 PM
I actually had the exact same thoughts regarding D. Ironically, that makes me suspicious of Broth because I usually find him to be evil when he plays this smart, haha.

SuperMcGee
05-07-2013, 08:59 PM
I actually had the exact same thoughts regarding D. Ironically, that makes me suspicious of Broth because I usually find him to be evil when he plays this smart, haha.

Grizz you foolish fool!

You establish that you're mind is working the same as broth's.
This of course leaves you vulnerable to broth ups.
You actually think broth is evil because he is playing like you, who is evil.

Ipso brotho, Grizz is evil. Probably a serial killer.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 09:00 PM

My reasoning is not great but at this point it is about as good as we've got right now.

1. He attempted to get names in the discussion thread. Now I know he's claimed it was only a jape but what if it wasn't? I've seen all too often someone ask who's holding the game up and someone say "not me".

2. openly suggesting we follow a strategy that destroyed the town in the DDN game.

3. Now this is just a feeling but it seems like he is fishing this isn't that strong and I could easily be wrong but that is my feeling.
I didn't play the DDN game, but apparently the guys back then had the same initial thoughts I had a moment ago. I'm perfectly fine not doing anything about the names in the email. I just thought it was something to go off of, but apparently it's a road that leads nowhere.

Am I fishing for clues? mmmyeah.

At least I won't be guilty for being a silent player. Am I ever???

Rob S
05-07-2013, 09:01 PM

I used to think that way, but Broth isn't really a bad player anymore. He has improved a lot and limits the broth ups. And at least he isn't afraid to take his own stances, unlike like other people...cough...r4l....cough.

Grizzlegom
05-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Unvote:

Not gonna leave a vote on someone for no reason. I'm heading to bed, catch you guys in the morning.

ImBrotherCain
05-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Current Vote Count:

Buckeye (1): JR,

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 09:14 PM
I hope this doesn't turn out like the President's Day game where the town could never come to a consensus and the mafia just killed us without mercy.

CJSchneider
05-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Just got back from the last track meet of the season (thank you, sweet Jesus) and I will admit I have nothing solid. Reading back over the e-mail, I am led to believe, based on how they were wishy-washy in regards to "the German that the author is unaware of the "polarity" of those he mentioned.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 09:28 PM
I used to think that way, but Broth isn't really a bad player anymore. He has improved a lot and limits the broth ups. And at least he isn't afraid to take his own stances, unlike like other people...cough...r4l....cough.
Broth will always be broth... helping relieve pressure off your fellow mafia member here???

Rob S
05-07-2013, 09:28 PM
I want to vote r4l. Then again, I always want to vote r4l in mafia and have nothing on him really.

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 09:33 PM
I want to vote r4l. Then again, I always want to vote r4l in mafia and have nothing on him really.

He does things that always make me want to vote for him. The hammer no lynch vote for instance. But there are definitely other people I have my eye on above him.

Unvote Buckeye
Vote Woot

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Hmmm... Suspish!!!

vote: Rob

Brothgar
05-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Is D-Unit going Gonzo?

Rob S
05-07-2013, 09:39 PM
If you don't always want to vote for r4l in mafia, that is suspicious! He just makes jokes and piles on and off lynch trains like nobody's business (usually following vidae's lead) while offering next to nothing. This is not meant to slight r4l, I like the guy, but I hate how he plays mafia.

SuperPacker
05-07-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm kind of in Grizz's boat.

The same thought went through my head about D-Unit being evil, but I doubt if he was he would be posting things that lacked any sense of logic. Could be some master plan, of course.

Then I got suspicious of Broth for jumping over D-Unit so quickly after a mistake and then realised that I was about to do the same thing. It would be hypocritical of me to vote for Broth.

R4L and Cigaro are the people i'd be most inclined to go for. Cigaro hasn't been as active as in previous games and there was the thing with him voting for Renji when he would've been asleep, wouldn't have been able to defend himself and couldn't really be seen as inactive anyway after only half a day.

CJSchneider
05-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Is D-Unit going Gonzo?

It would appear so.

Rob S
05-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Never go full Gonzo.

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 09:44 PM
SP being reasonable and logical. Either he's evil or he's growing up in front of our eyes.

CJSchneider
05-07-2013, 09:45 PM
SP being reasonable and logical. Either he's evil or he's growing up in front of our eyes.

It happens so fast.

SuperPacker
05-07-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm going to bed it's 4am.

Vote: Cigaro

Raiderz4Life
05-07-2013, 10:08 PM

That is not nice!

Brothgar
05-07-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm kind of in Grizz's boat.

The same thought went through my head about D-Unit being evil, but I doubt if he was he would be posting things that lacked any sense of logic. Could be some master plan, of course.

Then I got suspicious of Broth for jumping over D-Unit so quickly after a mistake and then realised that I was about to do the same thing. It would be hypocritical of me to vote for Broth.

R4L and Cigaro are the people i'd be most inclined to go for. Cigaro hasn't been as active as in previous games and there was the thing with him voting for Renji when he would've been asleep, wouldn't have been able to defend himself and couldn't really be seen as inactive anyway after only half a day.

The illogical strategy has worked in the past I think it was the Wire game where Wooty was the last mafia member left due to that strategy.

CJSchneider
05-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I also hitting the proverbial hay. No vote as of yet.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Is D-Unit going Gonzo?
Honestly, I did just throw something out there to see what would happen. I was hoping you would back him up a little more than this. Then I could see that you guys were linked!

SP made the most sense so far.

unvote: Rob
vote: Cigaro

SuperMcGee
05-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about

Brothgar
05-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Why are people voting cigaro again?

Rob S
05-07-2013, 11:04 PM
lynch train. all aboard!

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/skagwaysteamtrain.jpg

SuperMcGee
05-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Gotta do what you gotta do. It's just a bonus when they're as evil as Cigaro is.

Rob S
05-07-2013, 11:09 PM
I just looked at Cigars' posts and I have to say, I don't see evil. I mean, I don't have anything better so there's that.

I'm going to go to sleep soon. Lets hope the Germasian and/or Cigars show up tomorrow.

D-Unit
05-07-2013, 11:25 PM
I just looked at Cigars' posts and I have to say, I don't see evil. I mean, I don't have anything better so there's that.

I'm going to go to sleep soon. Lets hope the Germasian and/or Cigars show up tomorrow.
LOL. Tryna make sure you don't have a target on your back tonight? haha

jrdrylie
05-07-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm off to bed. I'll be back on at 9 Eastern. Hopefully Cigaro and Renji will have chimed in. Otherwise, I'm all for voting out an inactive.

Rob S
05-07-2013, 11:43 PM
LOL. Tryna make sure you don't have a target on your back tonight? haha

Just don't want it to get out of hand and don't think Cigars would be the best lynch. Right now I'd be more inclined to vote r4l or buckeye. But we really should wait as 3, maybe more, people haven't even posted today.

Anyway, now that the basketball is over, I'm officially off to sleep. Till tomorrow, gents.

D-Unit
05-08-2013, 01:27 AM
unvote: Cigaro

I don't want to be a part of a lynch train while it's sleepy sleepy time. We'll see what he has to say tomorrow.

Brothgar
05-08-2013, 01:28 AM
Grizz you foolish fool!

You establish that you're mind is working the same as broth's.
This of course leaves you vulnerable to broth ups.
You actually think broth is evil because he is playing like you, who is evil.

Ipso brotho, Grizz is evil. Probably a serial killer.

Broth will always be broth... helping relieve pressure off your fellow mafia member here???

Now that's what I'm talking about

Honestly, I did just throw something out there to see what would happen. I was hoping you would back him up a little more than this. Then I could see that you guys were linked!

SP made the most sense so far.

unvote: Rob

It couldn't really be this easy could it?

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 02:34 AM
Alright I'm here now. Hopefully Renji shows up soon, he's an hour ahead of me and if he's going to be around, we should know relatively soon. If he still hasn't posted within the next few hours, I plan on recasting my vote.

As for SP's 'logic', not sure how I'm supposed to defend myself. He literally did the exact things he said made me suspicious. He criticized me for voting for Renji in the middle of the night when he would be asleep and thus unable to defend himself, and then SP votes for me at 4AM when I was asleep and thus unable to defend myself. He criticizes me for saying Renji was inactive after only a half day, yet then stated that I was less active than usual, despite his only references being that same half day and then the next day which started at 11PM for me.

D-Unit
05-08-2013, 03:30 AM
It couldn't really be this easy could it?

Well I guess I'm glad I unvoted cigaro a minute before you made your post. Otherwise it would've looked like I was unvoting in response to your post.

Sorry you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not a threat to the town... or anybody else for that matter.

CJSchneider
05-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Well I guess I'm glad I unvoted cigaro a minute before you made your post. Otherwise it would've looked like I was unvoting in response to your post.

Sorry you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not a threat to the town... or anybody else for that matter.

Or it was the changing of your vote that prompted his post. In either case it will be something interesting to keep an eye on.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Its 230 PM Renji's time, and still not a word.

Vote: Renji

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Current Vote Count:

Woot (1): JR,
Cigaro (1): SP,

As of this moment we have two people that have been inactive. If they haven't provided anything to the game by 12 EST today I will be replacing them.

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Well, I was going to vote for Renji, but Cain said He'll be replacing him so I'll keep my vote on as is.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 07:58 AM
In that case, I guess I can just wait and see if he either shows up or is replaced;

Unvote: Renji

Hopefully some good discussion will occur before the day ends. Right now if I had to put my finger on someone, it'd be D, he seems the most off, but at the same time, it could just be a case of D being D.

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Current Vote Count:

Brothgar
05-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Alright I'm just going to do it.

Vote D-Unit

because it is the closest we've got to a suspect.

Grizzlegom
05-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Freaking foreigners being inactive.

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Current Vote Count:

D-Unit (1): Broth,

CJSchneider
05-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Alright I'm just going to do it.

Vote D-Unit

because it is the closest we've got to a suspect.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, I'm saying I'm waiting for our replacements or two inactives to speak before I vote.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 09:19 AM
I imagine Gonzo will be one, not sure of the other.

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 09:26 AM
I hope it's Gonzo and Vidae. I miss their bickering.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Outside of the obvious BuckeyeDan and Renji, fenikz, R4L and woot are the remaining guys to as of yet post no suspicions. Not much to go on this early, I'll concede, but perhaps something to remember for later on. Fenikz and R4L are on the west coast so perhaps they'll get on soon, and woot is woot so who knows with him.

SuperMcGee
05-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Too much waiting. Not enough hammering!

Actually noon is pretty close. Hopefully it spices things up.

CJSchneider
05-08-2013, 10:10 AM
52 more minutes according to my watch.

Wootylicous
05-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Hold on I'm here

Wootylicous
05-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Where are the suspicions coming from for Cig, myself and D ?

Wootylicous
05-08-2013, 10:36 AM
and everyone just disappeared...

what are the odds ?

CJSchneider
05-08-2013, 10:41 AM
D for brothing it up - D and cig for their vote-unvote episode that seemed to be in conjunction with each other. I'm still waiting to hear from our replacement/inactives before making any of my suspicions any more solid than they presently are.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 10:42 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m11z8r3AYH1r3gup8o1_500.gif

Also, CJ, when did I unvote anyone except for Renji just recently? I'm assuming you're referring to someone else.

Brothgar
05-08-2013, 10:43 AM

Adding that he also jumped on the Cigaro lynch train can be added. As for why Cigaro? Who knows. I don't know why you have a vote either.

SuperPacker
05-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Alright I'm here now. Hopefully Renji shows up soon, he's an hour ahead of me and if he's going to be around, we should know relatively soon. If he still hasn't posted within the next few hours, I plan on recasting my vote.

As for SP's 'logic', not sure how I'm supposed to defend myself. He literally did the exact things he said made me suspicious. He criticized me for voting for Renji in the middle of the night when he would be asleep and thus unable to defend himself, and then SP votes for me at 4AM when I was asleep and thus unable to defend myself. He criticizes me for saying Renji was inactive after only a half day, yet then stated that I was less active than usual, despite his only references being that same half day and then the next day which started at 11PM for me.

Well, to be fair, it wasn't me that claimed their was 'logic'. It's the second day and nothing has happened, any suspicions as of now aren't going to be based on a whole lot.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Well, to be fair, it wasn't me that claimed their was 'logic'. It's the second day and nothing has happened, any suspicions as of now aren't going to be based on a whole lot.

Perhaps, but I don't think using the same exact tactic/logic/whateveryouwanttocallit that you're finding suspicious in others is a reasonable alternative.

CJSchneider
05-08-2013, 10:48 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m11z8r3AYH1r3gup8o1_500.gif

Also, CJ, when did I unvote anyone except for Renji just recently? I'm assuming you're referring to someone else.

No it was your un-vote of Renji I was referring to.

Let me second that. I may have looked over the vote-unvote episode if broth had not mentioned it. With no more then a semi-cryptic e-mail, any accusation is weak at best.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 10:49 AM
No it was your un-vote of Renji I was referring to.
? Every vote for me came long before that unvote.

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Talking... Yay!

CJSchneider
05-08-2013, 10:51 AM
? Every vote for me came long before that unvote.

My bad, I meant SM.

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Where are the suspicions coming from for Cig, myself and D ?

My vote for you is based almost entirely on the fact that you didn't vote yesterday. I almost certainly won't vote for you at the end though.

Wootylicous
05-08-2013, 10:56 AM
I voted for no lynch jr btw

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 10:58 AM
I voted for no lynch jr btw

Yes, you did. Getting my facts mixed up. Looking back, I don't remember why I voted for you.

unvote woot

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Current Vote Count:

Gonzo will be replacing Renji

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Probably because he's both French and Canadian.

Wootylicous
05-08-2013, 11:01 AM
I will kick you in the nuts Cig.

CJSchneider
05-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Welcome Gonzo

SuperPacker
05-08-2013, 11:02 AM
It's okay guys, the GOAT is here!

Wootylicous
He's just average

ImBrotherCain
I will potentially be seeking more replacements but as of this moment Gonzo is the only one.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Great, more Canadians.

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 11:06 AM
We have to wait for Gonzo. He hasn't even been playing and I guarantee he already knows two evil guys at least.

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Gonzo will not really be posting much through out the day due to work... but its better than no posts.

Grizzlegom
05-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Gonzo is sure to shake this mother up!

After playing off-site and coming back, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the random voting stage. At the very least it gives something to go off instead of everyone just theory and ****-posting through day one before an inevitable, stupid no lynch.

Vote: fenikz

Because I keep forgetting he's even in the game and he's the one that started the No lynch train.

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Well then, with Renji gone, I'd say D-Unit or Buckeye would be good options.

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Current Vote Count:

Fenikz (1): Grizz

SuperMcGee
05-08-2013, 11:29 AM
I've had a vote in for Cigars since last night, Cain.

D-Unit
05-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Adding that he also jumped on the Cigaro lynch train can be added. As for why Cigaro? Who knows. I don't know why you have a vote either.

I don't think that being the second one to vote qualifies you as jumping on the Lynch train. But McGee is acting a little too anxious to follow along.

Vote: McGee

CJSchneider
05-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I also see where Grizz is coming from with his vote. For someone who also brings up the point that they are knocked off so quickly, you would think he would be more of a part of the conversation.

Rob S
05-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm actually very happy with gonzo as the replacement. fenikz may still be asleep, but if he doesn't show up soon is lean towards voting him, buckeye or r4l. D has done the most weird stuff, but he is always weird so he doesn't stand out as very suspicious to me yet.

SuperMcGee
05-08-2013, 11:41 AM
D, you so crazy. What's wrong with a lynch train?

Dr. Gonzo
05-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Vote: R4L

I know you are evil you son of a *****. Come out and play ************.

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 12:36 PM
I have to say, McGee is acting oddly. He was one of the first two I mentioned today and he's done nothing to change me suspicions. Then again, it would be very foolish for a mafia member to act like he is.

Dr. Gonzo
05-08-2013, 12:43 PM
D, no need to fill the void left by me not playing anymore, I am here. Clearly the mafia and sk suck since they failed last night.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 12:43 PM
fenikz and R4L need to speak up. Its now reasonable time on the west coast for them to be around.

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Current Vote Count:

Cigaro (1): SP, McGee
Fenikz (1): Grizz
McGee (1): D-Unit
R4L (1): Gonzo

SuperMcGee
05-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Gonzo basically just admitted to being both mafia AND serial killer.

Dr. Gonzo
05-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Are you ******* kidding me? I am at work, I can't drive this convo. CJ, you strike me as suspicious. People I am looking at right now R4L, CJ, Fenikz, D, Buckeye.

Dr. Gonzo
05-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Obviously I have a power guys. I think I am a good watch candidate.

fenikz
05-08-2013, 01:20 PM
catching up now

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 01:21 PM
D, no need to fill the void left by me not playing anymore, I am here. Clearly the mafia and sk suck since they failed last night.

I'm very curious about this. In a game this small, would there be a role-blocker? If so, maybe serial killer attacked the Godfather and the mafia attacked someone being protected? Also, with this being a show about serial killers, maybe the kills are distributed in a non-traditional fashion?

Raiderz4Life
05-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Are you ******* kidding me? I am at work, I can't drive this convo. CJ, you strike me as suspicious. People I am looking at right now R4L, CJ, Fenikz, D, Buckeye.

I'm not shocked I'm on the black list.

But I can assure you I'm not evil.

SuperMcGee
05-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm very curious about this. In a game this small, would there be a role-blocker? If so, maybe serial killer attacked the Godfather and the mafia attacked someone being protected? Also, with this being a show about serial killers, maybe the kills are distributed in a non-traditional fashion?

Things are always fun when the mafia or serial killer find out who each other are. It's better when it happens later in the game, though, if that were to be the case. At least I would think it is from the town's perspective. Still have no way of knowing if that was the case, but something must have happened.

Grizzlegom
05-08-2013, 01:37 PM

^ town.

catching up now

Not much to catch up on.

fenikz
05-08-2013, 01:41 PM
was 6 pages, my suspicions lie with jr

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 01:47 PM
was 6 pages, my suspicions lie with jr

Presumably for a reason...

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 01:49 PM
^ town.

Not much to catch up on.

You think Gonzo is good?

Grizzlegom
05-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Its not like Renji gave us anything to go on but so far, I've definitely seen town Gonzo.

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Its not like Renji gave us anything to go on but so far, I've definitely seen town Gonzo.

Interesting. So what do we do now? We have about three hours until the 24 hour limit. I'd be comfortable voting for R4L, Woot, BuckeyeDan, Fenikz, or D-Unit at this point. But I don't think a no-lynch is a smart strategy at this point.

CJSchneider
05-08-2013, 02:07 PM

Gonzo being Gonzo. I missed your fanatical style. By all means, explain your suspicions.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Didn't say much the first day, and has now just popped in and voted for someone with no actual explanation. We'll have to make a decision soon, so I'll go;

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Although actually BuckeyeDan is another option because of his inactivity, and the fact that we don't know when/if he'll be replaced.

SuperMcGee
05-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Grizz makes me uncomfortable. Just his thoughts on broth on Gonzo. Could be nothing there, but I don't like the seed he's laying, nah mean?

SuperPacker
05-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Not no-lynch.

We should go for someone we can all agree on. R4L makes the most sense.

Unvote: Cigaro

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Current Vote Count:

Cigaro (1): McGee,
Fenikz (2): Grizz, Cigaro
R4L (2): Gonzo, SP

CJSchneider
Didn't say much the first day, and has now just popped in and voted for someone with no actual explanation. We'll have to make a decision soon, so I'll go;

He didn't vote. He just voiced his suspicion.

Grizzlegom
Grizz makes me uncomfortable. Just his thoughts on broth on Gonzo. Could be nothing there, but I don't like the seed he's laying, nah mean?

McGee, when to I not make you uncomfortable?

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 02:16 PM
He didn't vote. He just voiced his suspicion.

You're correct, but same general concept, contributing without contributing.

SuperMcGee
05-08-2013, 02:21 PM
McGee, when to I not make you uncomfortable?

You're like a sweater made out of pine needles.

Dr. Gonzo
05-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Gonzo being Gonzo. I missed your fanatical style. By all means, explain your suspicions.

You are good at what you do CJ. Just getting the vibe that you are evil and doing just enought to not be suspicious. I think it is between R4L and Dan. I am not at all opposed to a Dan lynch.

fenikz
05-08-2013, 02:27 PM
jr suggested a no lynch but didn't want to put himself out there by starting it yet was the 1st to jump on it, plus he has some sort of connection with woot called him out day 1 for no reason and tried to lynch him day 2 only because he thought he didn't vote, not sure if they are on the same side or whatever that one role is where they only win if the other dies

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Not sure if this answerable, but IBC, what is the realistic chance that Dan can be replaced (ie have you already asked a number of regular mafia players)?

If the likelihood is small, I have no problem using the same rationale that led me to vote for Renji on Dan.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Well he provided some reasoning, so for now;

Unvote: fenikz

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Current Vote Count:

Fenikz (1): Grizz,

Not sure if this answerable, but IBC, what is the realistic chance that Dan can be replaced (ie have you already asked a number of regular mafia players)?

If the likelihood is small, I have no problem using the same rationale that led me to vote for Renji on Dan.

I am searching for replacements as a general just in case. Dan has been a little more active than Renji and did express concerns about his job. So I will be giving him at least one more day to see if he can contribute a bit more before I just out right replace him.

SuperMcGee
05-08-2013, 02:37 PM
I can see the benefit in voting R4L. He's had at least one sketchy move and quite a few people have chimed in on him. Won't vote for him though because two lynch trains means I'm evil.

Grizzlegom
05-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Just as an aside, it seems more people have a lot more work commitments recently (Gonzo, Buckeye, Rob, and myself come to mind) so its tougher to be more active during the day, I think we're more likely to have better participation during stateside night-time (sorry Cigs).

SuperPacker
05-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Which part of the world is Cigaro at?

D-Unit
05-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Unvote: McGee

vote: Broth

Broth is trying too hard to look like a good guy, imo. The effort he put to try to link McGee and I together... you only put together that kind of spin if you're trying to concoct a story. Very mafia like move to try to get the town to believe in a false story.

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 02:40 PM
You're like a sweater made out of pine needles.

That actually sounds somewhat delightful.

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Which part of the world is Cigaro at?

Your part. I have no set schedule so I can try and stay up later if that's the way the game swings, although I can't make any guarantees for tonight since I was up somewhat early.

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Current Vote Count:

Broth (1): D-Unit

Cigaro
05-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Alright well with Dan getting another day before being replaced and less than three hours to go, I guess I'll cast my vote elsewhere. I listed him as one of the players who had yet to voice a suspicion some hours and that's still true now, and it seems Rob has a point that he posts without really saying anything, considering all he did today was chime in and say he's not evil;

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 02:51 PM
R4L is one of the guys I'm comfortable with and time is running out so

vote r4l

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Current Vote Count:

R4L (4): Gonzo, SP, Cigaro, JR

The day will be extended. Either until consensus has been reached or the talk stalls.

fenikz
05-08-2013, 02:54 PM
vote: jrdrylie

jumping on another lynch train, i don't trust fickle voters

ImBrotherCain
05-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Current Vote Count:

R4L (4): Gonzo, SP, Cigaro, JR
JR (1): Fenikz

The day will be extended. Either until consensus has been reached or the talk stalls.

jrdrylie
05-08-2013, 03:08 PM
jr suggested a no lynch but didn't want to put himself out there by starting it yet was the 1st to jump on it, plus he has some sort of connection with woot called him out day 1 for no reason and tried to lynch him day 2 only because he thought he didn't vote, not sure if they are on the same side or whatever that one role is where they only win if the other dies

I've long been in support of the day one no lynch. I don't know if I'm sided with Woot. If he is good I am. And no, I'm not a lyncher. But I like your style. It's always good to have people throw out suspicions and get people talking. One of the reasons I've voted for three or four people so far.

D-Unit
05-08-2013, 03:14 PM
9 out of 14 have voted. Let's go chumps.