PDA

View Full Version : Marvel UPick Mafia Game - Town/JR Win!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.downtheroadshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/marvel-logo.jpg

Today is a dark day in the world of superheroes. The World's First Superhero was found dead this morning, murdered in cold blood on the steps of City Hall. Grizzlegom was America's oldest, and most revered hero, leader of The Avengers and Protector of Peace.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/Capdeath.PNG

Grizzlegom (Captain America, Protector) has been killed.

It would seem that this latest threat means business. Can the remaining heroes band together and root out this threat without their leader?

Living Players:

Cigaro
Cain
D-Unit
TH

Dead/Winning Players:

Night 1 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3363973&#post3363973) - Broth (Nightcrawler, 2xCommuter) has been killed.
Night 1 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3363973&#post3363973) - Gonzo (Doctor Strange, Doctor) has been killed.
Day 2 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3364797&#post3364797) - Vidae (Deadpool, Odd-Night Vigilante) has been lynched.
Night 2 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3365161&#post3365161) - RufusMcDaniel (Venom, Framer) has been killed.
Day 3 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3366106&#post3366106) - Jvig43 (Carnage, Role Blocker/1xStrongman) has been lynched.
Night 3 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3366186&#post3366186) - Fenikz (Cable, Doublevoter) has been killed.
Day 4 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3367181&#post3367181) - CashmoneyDrew (Spider-Man, Odd-Night Role Blocker) has been lynched.
Day 4 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3367181&#post3367181) - JRDrylie(J. Jonah Jameson, Editor/Spider-Man Lyncher) has achieved victory!
Night 4 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3367386&#post3367386) - SuperMcGee (Punisher, Paranoid Gun Owner) has been killed.
Night 4 (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3367386&#post3367386) - Rob S (Wolverine, Even-Night Vigilante) has been killed.

With 4 players alive, 3 is needed for majority.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

--Breaking rules, even if it is only one infraction, is grounds to be mod-killed. I'm a pretty lenient mod and there aren't a whole lot of rules so play nice.

--Do NOT contact each other outside of the game by any means necessary unless your role allows it and it is the predetermined time that you are allowed to talk.

--NO LYNCH is on the table.

--All lynch and unlynch votes must be in bold. You must unlynch before you can change your vote. Ex: Vote: Grizzlegom

--If your name is on the player list and you did not receive a role PM, let me know ASAP.

--Do not talk in Dark Orange, that's my color.

--Refrain from editing your posts.

--None of the "if you're wrong about me, will you agree to not play for a month" or "If I'm evil, I'll never play again" stuff. No sig bets.

--Character/role claiming is allowed, with no limitations.

Townie Role PM Example:

You are Franklin Richards. You are a Townie and have no special abilities aside from your ability to vote and reason. You win when the town is free from threats.

vidae
05-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Losing Captain America is a big deal, and it's going to hurt, but I think we can come together, find whoever was responsible for this, and make them pay!

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 10:44 AM
RIP, and God speed Cap!

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Wow... the leader of the Avengers gone already.

That isn't something we can easily overcome.

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Come on guys I am excited for this game!

Do I need to go Gonzo to get some discussion?

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 11:40 AM
I think Grizz made an error, everyone knows you can't just kill Captain America.

Also, the numbers indicate that D-Unit is evil.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 11:46 AM
What's a matter guys? Black Cat got your tongues? She doesn't have mine.

I'll get us started.

Vidae is sooo ugly, that instead of scarecrows, farmers use his cardboard cutout.

Brothgar
05-14-2013, 11:48 AM
THAT'S IT DREW IS SCARE CROW HE'S SO EVIL THAT HE PICKED A DC VILLAIN! I've got you buddy.

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 11:51 AM
What's a matter guys? Black Cat got your tongues? She doesn't have mine.

I'll get us started.

Vidae is sooo ugly, that instead of scarecrows, farmers use his cardboard cutout.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121228170205/marvel-war-of-heroes/images/e/ee/-Wicked_Bad_Luck-_Black_Cat%2B.jpg

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Holy hell is Black Cat a blatant rip-off of Catwoman.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Broth is ssoooo dumb that he took a ruler to bed to try and measure how long he could sleep.

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Not sure who came first but DC and Marvel do that all the time.

Marvel had Taskmaster -> DC came out with Deathstroke -> Marvel released Deadpool.

Its pretty common place it seems.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Not sure who came first but DC and Marvel do that all the time.

Marvel had Taskmaster -> DC came out with Deathstroke -> Marvel released Deadpool.

Its pretty common place it seems.

Wiki had Catwoman as first appearing in 1940, Black Cat in 1979.

And I don't doubt, Black Cat happens to be the first obvious example I've been exposed to.

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 12:02 PM
I am pretty sure Hawkeye and Green Arrow are pretty much the same on that front as well.

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Anyway back to the topic at hand.

I am sure we are going to have the age old debate on Lynch or No Lynch as we always do... I am personally going to say I don't really like No Lynches. I never really have as I think it tends to favor the Mafia over the Town.

Any and all information is good information. It might come at the potential expense of a good guy but in my own opinion we can glean more info from the Lynch votes.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 12:14 PM
We must avenge the death of Captain America!!!! Justice must prevail!

Oh and Cigaro, your numbers stink.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 12:16 PM

I am sure we are going to have the age old debate on Lynch or No Lynch as we always do... I am personally going to say I don't really like No Lynches. I never really have as I think it tends to favor the Mafia over the Town.

Any and all information is good information. It might come at the potential expense of a good guy but in my own opinion we can glean more info from the Lynch votes.

I will support a lynch. Unless info comes out day 2 which is sort of rare and there is a no lynch day one it just means everyone sits around with their thumb up their ass and we get nowhere.

I think we should lynch the least active person. Worst case we send a message and we can look at who people voted to lynch and the way we went about doing so. Would also mean that baddies can't lay low. Best case is we actually catch one of those baddies.

Vidae and CMD, you both strike me as evil you *****.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 12:17 PM
I used to be pro-no lynch, but towards the end of last mafia season I started to come around on lynching on day one.

I'm pretty sure Rufus denied my Facebook friend request once, so I'd be ok with giving him the boot!

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 12:18 PM

I've been a part of many games where a Day 1 No Lynch has helped the town win. I'm not really down for a lynch just to lynch unless someone acts peculiar enough to maybe warrant it. Otherwise, I'll probably vote No Lynch.

Then again... maybe I want to be kooky and flip the script just to be random. Dun dun dun....

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Vote: CMD

Your jokes do not sit right with me, gut tells me you are evil.

Rob S
05-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Hit us with the random number generator, JR.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Vidae and CMD, you both strike me as evil you *****.

I knew I should have started with a fat joke.

Gonzo is so fat that his belly button gets home 10 minutes before he does.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 12:20 PM
I've been a part of many games where a Day 1 No Lynch has helped the town win. I'm not really down for a lynch just to lynch unless someone acts peculiar enough to maybe warrant it. Otherwise, I'll probably vote No Lynch.

Then again... maybe I want to be kooky and flip the script just to be random. Dun dun dun....

Describe those games. I can recall one time where a no lynch helped the town win a game when it was essentially decided from the start that a no lynch would happen. Not one single time has it helped. Now towns have one after no lynching but I don't think it helps, especially because at this point every game it is a forgone conclusion. You are ******* fishy D.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Vote: CMD

Your jokes do not sit right with me, gut tells me you are evil.

Wow! Right when I'm making a fat joke about you, you go and talk about your gut.

Classic Gonzo.

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Updated Vote Count:

CMD (1): Gonzo

With 14 alive, 8 votes are needed for a lynch.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Gonzo is so fat, that when his gut tells him something, it has to make a long-distance call.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Describe those games. I can recall one time where a no lynch helped the town win a game when it was essentially decided from the start that a no lynch would happen. Not one single time has it helped. Now towns have one after no lynching but I don't think it helps, especially because at this point every game it is a forgone conclusion. You are ******* fishy D.
I honestly don't have a track record of it. That was just my gut take at it. Honestly, I was even thinking about how the town won the last game where we did a No Lynch on Day 1. ...but I just forgot that it ended by a broth up.

I'm not so tied to a No Lynch on Day 1, but it has made sense in the past. If you guys want to go guns blazing from the start then fine. But I'm not leading the charge because someone has a hunch or someone has a random generator. What I will watch are the ones who are really pushing for a lynch because odds are that one of them is evil.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 12:40 PM
We must avenge the death of Captain America!!!! Justice must prevail!

Oh and Cigaro, your numbers stink.

Nope, they're completely scientific.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Nope, they're completely scientific.
Sounds like something Dr. Norman Osborn would say.

vidae
05-14-2013, 12:48 PM
I hope CMD starts telling better jokes.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 12:57 PM
I hope CMD starts telling better jokes.

Maybe you just need to pull the stick out of your butt...

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Out for dinner, but I fully expect every member of the mafia to be pinned by the time I get back.

Rob S
05-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Out for dinner, but I fully expect every member of the mafia to be pinned by the time I get back.

I mean, gonzo is in the game isn't he? I don't see there being any issues.

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 01:26 PM
The reason I see why we could go with a no lynch on day one is due to there being a very small amount of people in the game and a very high probability for error. With that said I usually am on the more conservative side when it comes to day one decisions when I know there are quite a few people with powers active in the game.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that no one in this game is a townie, and we all have some form of power that can be used. I think it may be safe to stay conservative for the first night so as to avoid losing x2 people in a 14 person game.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Vote for no lynch then. Everyone for no lynch, vote that way, everyone who wants a lynch, sack up and vote for someone. Having this argument every game does not help.

Brothgar
05-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Vote for no lynch then. Everyone for no lynch, vote that way, everyone who wants a lynch, sack up and vote for someone. Having this argument every game does not help.

That sounds evil Gonzo REVEAL YOURSELF!

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 01:34 PM

Well considering the game just started and there has only been maybe half the people posting... I can advocate a little waiting.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Well considering the game just started and there has only been maybe half the people posting... I can advocate a little waiting.

I see your point but what are we waiting for? Someone to post. Great. That will tell us nothing. So everyone posts, then we can vote for someone? We are headed towards a no lynch because everyone will puss out. I am trying to salvage the day by getting everyone to at least vote for something. Every single game baddies are caught by looking at voting patterns so it seems simple to me, force people to vote so they actually have voting patterns to look at.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm almost inclined to vote Cigaro solely based on the fact that he called lunch "dinner".

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Wasn't aware this was starting today. I did my random number generator (remember, it picked two bad guys last game).

Serial Killer: Cigaro
Godfather: D-Unit
Mafia: Gonzo, McGee
Possibly Evil: Rob

vidae
05-14-2013, 01:45 PM
I see your point but what are we waiting for? Someone to post. Great. That will tell us nothing. So everyone posts, then we can vote for someone? We are headed towards a no lynch because everyone will puss out. I am trying to salvage the day by getting everyone to at least vote for something. Every single game baddies are caught by looking at voting patterns so it seems simple to me, force people to vote so they actually have voting patterns to look at.

I agree.

vote : Gonzo

Discuss gents!

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 01:47 PM
So my numbers and Cigaro's numbers both point to D-Unit being evil. The odds of that happening and him not being evil have to be bordering on a statistical impossibility.

Vote D-Unit

Brothgar
05-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Its very rare for gonzo to err to the side of no discussion

Vote: gonzo

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 01:57 PM

That is a solid point and of all the people I am getting the most scummy vibe from Gonzo. Although this is exactly how he acted in the Dexter game and he was good.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Curious as to how I am trying to push for no discussion. I am trying to get people to vote so we do have something to discuss and not just the same to lynch or not to lynch ******** we talk about every first day.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 02:03 PM
So my numbers and Cigaro's numbers both point to D-Unit being evil. The odds of that happening and him not being evil have to be bordering on a statistical impossibility.

Vote D-Unit
While I long for the day to be Godfather in one of these games, unfortunately I am not this time. Neither am I evil in any way. If this is the way that we're gonna start play lynches by random generators, then where can I find one?

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 02:04 PM
That is a solid point and of all the people I am getting the most scummy vibe from Gonzo. Although this is exactly how he acted in the Dexter game and he was good.

Tomorrow needs to be a big day for discussion. I tend to support a lynch day one because it ensures day two discussion. People just dont have any balls because they are afraid of being wrong and made fun of. Let's get this R4L lynch in. If he is good he has not helped us at all and will not be missed. If he is evil we did good. Protector and Watcher, be smart. I will continue to be vocal and everyone knows I have a power so some help tonight will be nice.

Let's all start voting for our top suspect. McGee, you are pulling the classic baddie say a bunch of **** without really saying much move.

Just for added support.

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Curious as to how I am trying to push for no discussion. I am trying to get people to vote so we do have something to discuss and not just the same to lynch or not to lynch ******** we talk about every first day.

Less no discussion and more quick lynch imo.

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Updated Vote Count:

Gonzo (2): Vidae, Broth
D-Unit (1): JR

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 02:06 PM
While I long for the day to be Godfather in one of these games, unfortunately I am not this time. Neither am I evil in any way. If this is the way that we're gonna start play lynches by random generators, then where can I find one?

I personally use Excel. Do 100 iterations.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 02:09 PM

Gonzo is being gonzo. But you seem awfully quick with your vote off that weak evidence.

Rob S
05-14-2013, 02:09 PM
lynch: Gonzo

I will pile on here. We need to put the pressure on someone to get any worthwhile information anyway. Who better than the good doctor himself.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Less no discussion and more quick lynch imo.

I never support a quick lynch. I am asking people to actually vote. Every single day one takes forever because nobody votes. Eventually it is just decided that we no lynch. This has made it incredibly easy for the mafia to not get caught day one. Anybody like me who actually tries to get people to vote gets voted for because it is suspicious. I welcome all votes to lynch me. It will just be easier to to find who is evil by looking at those who tried to garner support to lynch me.

It is near impossible to find a baddie day one by having them slip up. The only time I remember this happening was SP one game. By getting people to actually take a stand it gives the town a ton more info to go on later in the game. I have a feeling we will end up no lynching but I am throwing me support in the pro lynch corner and I will actually back that up by voting.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 02:13 PM
I personally use Excel. Do 100 iterations.
Oh. Good. So in other words, totally baseless. Let's play the game JRD. I don't want there to be an ongoing thing between us just because of your spreadsheet.

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Again less than half the people have even shown up... While I won't vote no lynch I am not going to hop on a train or vote for one of the random people that haven't even posted.

Its pretty damn suspicious for advocating that people just lynch someone despite having half the game MIA. I would vote to lynch you if it wasn't blatantly hypocritical of what I stated above.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
I never support a quick lynch. I am asking people to actually vote. Every single day one takes forever because nobody votes. Eventually it is just decided that we no lynch. This has made it incredibly easy for the mafia to not get caught day one. Anybody like me who actually tries to get people to vote gets voted for because it is suspicious. I welcome all votes to lynch me. It will just be easier to to find who is evil by looking at those who tried to garner support to lynch me.

It is near impossible to find a baddie day one by having them slip up. The only time I remember this happening was SP one game. By getting people to actually take a stand it gives the town a ton more info to go on later in the game. I have a feeling we will end up no lynching but I am throwing me support in the pro lynch corner and I will actually back that up by voting.
Yeah, now you're starting to look evil to me.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Again less than half the people have even shown up... While I won't vote no lynch I am not going to hop on a train or vote for one of the random people that haven't even posted.

Its pretty damn suspicious for advocating that people just lynch someone despite having half the game MIA. I would vote to lynch you if it wasn't blatantly hypocritical of what I stated above.

Did I say we should lynch one person? Did I ask anyone to hop on a lynch train? I am asking people to think for themselves and throw a vote out so one we have some info to go on tomorrow and two to get some discussion going. I voted for CMD because he is playing a classic mafia game. Make some jokes to seem active and make himself not seem like a threat to the town. I ALWAYS say we should wait until everyone talks until we actually lynch someone.

Dr. Gonzo
Yeah, now you're starting to look evil to me.

Do go on. Explain why.

CashmoneyDrew
Rufus, McGee, TH, and Fenikz have yet to post.

I guess they are the strong, silent types.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 02:22 PM
I voted for CMD because he is playing a classic mafia game. Make some jokes to seem active and make himself not seem like a threat to the town.

First Vidae doesn't appreciate my jokes, and now you?!?!

Tough crowd.

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 02:23 PM

Unlike your claws, suga.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Do go on. Explain why.
Don't say you don't support a quick lynch. It goes against everything you are. You LOVE quick lynches... ESPECIALLY when it's someone you have started the vote on...

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm here, ya'll!

If this is like the Final Fantasy game where EVERYONE in the town had a power, then I'm happy to be good.

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Updated Vote Count:

Gonzo (3): Vidae, Broth, Rob

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 02:51 PM
vote: Lynch Fenikz

Tends to lay low on day 1. Get to talking! Err, well typing since we're playing this game on the world wide web.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm almost inclined to vote Cigaro solely based on the fact that he called lunch "dinner".

Timezones bruh.

And I'm still sure D is evil.

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 03:02 PM
I think I'm going no vote. I get trying to get a hit on D1, but to he honest, it looks like some of you are grasping at straws.

Vote: No lynch

We all have super awesome powers. If there were more townies, then it'd be well worth the risk. But I think mafia would want a death D1 because they can curb it towards a good guy, and have great odds at it being a player with a role.

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Oh. Good. So in other words, totally baseless. Let's play the game JRD. I don't want there to be an ongoing thing between us just because of your spreadsheet.

It is totally baseless. But day one, we have nothing to go on. Random number generation is as good as any.

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 03:06 PM
I think I'm going no vote. I get trying to get a hit on D1, but to he honest, it looks like some of you are grasping at straws.

We all have super awesome powers. If there were more townies, then it'd be well worth the risk. But I think mafia would want a death D1 because they can curb it towards a good guy, and have great odds at it being a player with a role.

This got me thinking... If we all have powers how in gods name did Grizz balance this?

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Timezones bruh.

You said that last game and I was a townie. I was RITA for crying out loud. You're losing your touch broski. We can do this if we work together, but your current hunch is not gonna help the town. Do you actually have a hunch based off something other than your "numbers"?

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Timezones bruh.

If you're admitting to being in a European time zone, then you might as well come out and just say that you're Dr. Doom.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 03:08 PM
This got me thinking... If we all have powers how in gods name did Grizz balance this?

Most powers probably aren't that great. And/or have limits placed on how/what/when they can be used.

Just my guess.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 03:10 PM
You said that last game and I was a townie. I was RITA for crying out loud. You're losing your touch broski. We can do this if we work together, but your current hunch is not gonna help the town. Do you actually have a hunch based off something other than your "numbers"?

Yeah, but I didn't have the numbers then.

If you're admitting to being in a European time zone, then you might as well come out and just say that you're Dr. Doom.

British timezone. They don't like being grouped with the rest of the continent.

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 03:12 PM
Most powers probably aren't that great. And/or have limits placed on how/what/when they can be used.

Just my guess.

That's a possibility but we also need to be aware of potentially increased night kills, more Mafia members over the standard 1/4 (so in this case over 3-4 maybe 5-6?) or potentially stronger mafia powers.

SuperMcGee
05-14-2013, 03:18 PM
D is more sketchy than foolish in the early going. Something to watch.

You're darn right!

Also I'm pretty certain that TH is good.

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 03:21 PM
I have a natural tendency to just assume TH is good in every one of these games. How can those eyes have evil behind them, how?

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Updated Vote Count:

Fenikz (1): CMD
No Lynch (1): TH

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 03:22 PM
That's a possibility but we also need to be aware of potentially increased night kills, more Mafia members over the standard 1/4 (so in this case over 3-4 maybe 5-6?) or potentially stronger mafia powers.
I also thought about this. I think night actions will be packed with action. All sorts of things could happen.

I think voting someone off today is a 50/50 proposition. We either help the town or hurt it. Either way, something significant will be lost. I could be down for a lynch on Day 1 in this game.

I definitely don't like how Gonzo disappeared without responding to my post. He asked why I thought he was evil. I caught him in a lie. Then he left? With no response. Why? Very fishy....

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 03:25 PM
well the odds are certainly not 50/50, and I'm almost positive theres going to be a serial killer in the form of deadpool or some other type of rogue character.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 03:28 PM
I am bigtime getting an evil vibe from D though I figure that will be written off as me just finding him suspect because he came after me. He got real freaked out after being called out once, pleaded that he is good, and jumped aboard the first lynch train which is against me. He did not vote for me though so in the event that I am actually lynched he could say he waited to vote for me, though that is a hypothetical. He seems more evil than he did last game, though we all thought he was evil last game and were wrong.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 03:30 PM
I also thought about this. I think night actions will be packed with action. All sorts of things could happen.

I think voting someone off today is a 50/50 proposition. We either help the town or hurt it. Either way, something significant will be lost. I could be down for a lynch on Day 1 in this game.

I definitely don't like how Gonzo disappeared without responding to my post. He asked why I thought he was evil. I caught him in a lie. Then he left? With no response. Why? Very fishy....

Please, actually back what you said up. Quote me when I have said we should quick lynch. You didn't catch me in a lie, you made up some ********.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 03:33 PM
well the odds are certainly not 50/50, and I'm almost positive theres going to be a serial killer in the form of deadpool or some other type of rogue character.
OK well, if you want to be exactomundo with the percentages, then yeah, I agree. That's not what I meant. What I meant was that voting someone off on Day 1 without good substance might help or might not. Either way, something significant will be lost for that side.

Makes me willing to vote someone off on Day 1 as opposed to most other games where there are more chances of a townie being lost and that being less significant.

Where if someone dies here, the game changes a lot.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 03:36 PM
OK well, if you want to be exactomundo with the percentages, then yeah, I agree. That's not what I meant. What I meant was that voting someone off on Day 1 without good substance might help or might not. Either way, something significant will be lost for that side.

Makes me willing to vote someone off on Day 1 as opposed to most other games where there are more chances of a townie being lost and that being less significant.

What? Why does the fact that we're more likely to lose a power role in this game rather than a townie in other games equal a good thing to you?

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 03:37 PM

Odds wise if we are assuming everyone has a power it makes less sense to lynch day one than it does is other games. Either you are terrible at drawing conclusions or evil.

ImBrotherCain
Your statement D just made little sense.

You say your are more inclined to randomly vote someone off in this game because it changes the game a lot where as in standard games it does not...

Why wouldn't you want an increased shot to hit a townie vs power role?

ImBrotherCain
Apparently 3 of us had the exact same thought there.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Please, actually back what you said up. Quote me when I have said we should quick lynch. You didn't catch me in a lie, you made up some ********.
Funny how you arrive right after I said that.... Yet I was waiting all this time for a reply.

You are always putting yourself out there as the guy for everyone to follow the lead on. Don't act like you don't wish for quick lynches. You just did it to woot in the last game. You did it to me in the past as well. You always do it. You want guys to follow your lynch trains and you love to gloat about it when you are right. It puffs up your ego and you love that.

I don't have to back up anything. Everybody knows you love to lead lynches. Quicker the better.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 03:39 PM
What? Why does the fact that we're more likely to lose a power role in this game rather than a townie in other games equal a good thing to you?

Because he is evil.

Unvote: CMD

Vote: D

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Your statement D just made little sense.

You say your are more inclined to randomly vote someone off in this game because it changes the game a lot where as in standard games it does not...

Why wouldn't you want an increased shot to hit a townie vs power role?
From the way I was thinking... I thought the chances of hitting an evil would be higher. Plus, a dramatic game is more interesting to me.

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Gonzo's egotism aside, you just did nothing to defend your previous posts D.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Funny how you arrive right after I said that.... Yet I was waiting all this time for a reply.

You are always putting yourself out there as the guy for everyone to follow the lead on. Don't act like you don't wish for quick lynches. You just did it to woot in the last game. You did it to me in the past as well. You always do it. You want guys to follow your lynch trains and you love to gloat about it when you are right. It puffs up your ego and you love that.

I don't have to back up anything. Everybody knows you love to lead lynches. Quicker the better.

You won't back anything up because if you tried you would fail. Last game Woot came back evil but I said we should wait on lynch lynch until everyone talked. Keep making things up though.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 03:43 PM
D is always cray, but that's too cray.

Vote: D-Unit

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Because with all of us having a power, the night actions will be furious. The increased odds of knocking off an evil seem like it could help the team significantly.

I'll continue to say... the effect of a Day 1 kill will significantly affect the side of the loss.

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Updated Vote Count:

D-Unit (2): Gonzo, Cigaro

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Because with all of us having a power, the night actions will be furious. The increased odds of knocking off an evil seem like it could help the team significantly.

I'll continue to say... the effect of a Day 1 kill will significantly affect the side of the loss.

Why is there an increased chance of knocking off an evil? Maybe I missed something, but I've seen nothing indicating that there are noticeably more mafia members in this game.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Gonzo's egotism aside, you just did nothing to defend your previous posts D.
I dunno then. Lynch me. Half of you will be happy and half of you won't be.

SuperMcGee
I suppose you could look at it as if everyone has a power then we're less likely to be gravely hurt by taking one out. A power is lost but there are a bunch more to make up for it. I suppose that depends on the makeup of the game, though, which we have no way of knowing. So everyone will get lost in a pointless argument or revert to their old no lynch argument.

And even with the most obvious statement of "we either help the town or hurt the town", it's important to remember that hurting the town might ultimately end up helping the town. Even if everyone has night actions we still need to figure all this stuff out. Maybe it's even more important in this case. Whatever. Kill D.

ImBrotherCain
D is always cray, but that's too cray.

Vote: D-Unit

http://chris.hive13.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/bubbletape.png

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 03:49 PM

Why is there an increased chance of knocking off an evil? Maybe I missed something, but I've seen nothing indicating that there are noticeably more mafia members in this game.
This is where the conversation got started. In this game, if we all have powers, in order to balance it... for me, at least I had the idea that there would be more of an equal balance in numbers between good and bad.

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Updated Vote Count:

D-Unit (2): Gonzo, Cigaro

There are two D-Units in this game? I hope I voted for the right one.

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 03:52 PM
I am going to be painting the house again tonight. I am going to try to check in as much as I can but I cannot promise anything.

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 03:52 PM
To answer IBC's question, I'm assuming he put a limiter on roles. More likely there are a plenty of xShot or Even/Odd Night powers.

McGee is probably good too, but serious McGee always draws my attention. ALWAYS.

I like the D attacking. Seeing how people react to that is just as helpful as a lynch for me.

Oh, and <333 Jviggy!

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Yeah I'm off to take a nap so if something gets reached in an hour thats why i didn't vote. I'm not sure D is as evil as he is just being crazy D-Unit.

CashmoneyDrew
I will say that TH and I are for whatever reason hardly on the same side, and since I'm good....

D-Unit
You won't back anything up because if you tried you would fail. Last game Woot came back evil but I said we should wait on lynch lynch until everyone talked. Keep making things up though.
Like I said. I don't have to back up anything. We all know you love to feed your ego and lead lynches even if it's just your hunch. YOU LOVE IT when we follow your hunch and you're right. YOU LOVE IT! Love it so much that you're willing to be bold and be wrong.

Your reaction here is really what is selling me though. Why you so mad bro? I'm here trying to talk things through. But you're jumping on a quick lynch again. *not surprising*

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Updated Vote Count:

D-Unit (3): JR, Gonzo, Cigaro

SuperMcGee
05-14-2013, 03:57 PM
I will say that TH and I are for whatever reason hardly on the same side, and since I'm good....

But me and TH are always on the same side!

(For your information, I'm good)

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 04:01 PM
But me and TH are always on the same side!

(For your information, I'm good)

Well I can't deny the power of McGee and TH together. Since Cap ate it, let's start our own threesome of New Avengers!

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Like I said. I don't have to back up anything. We all know you love to feed your ego and lead lynches even if it's just your hunch. YOU LOVE IT when we follow your hunch and you're right. YOU LOVE IT! Love it so much that you're willing to be bold and be wrong.

Your reaction here is really what is selling me though. Why you so mad bro? I'm here trying to talk things through. But you're jumping on a quick lynch again. *not surprising*

Yes being the second person to vote for you is me jumping on a quick lynch. You scrambling dawg.

BTW, D plays EXACTLY like this every time he is evil. I am not going to back that up though because I don't have to. You all know it is true.

Do you see how dumb that is D?

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Also, not sure that increasing mafiosos would be the way to balance a game this size. While people fall back on power roles and the mafia knowing who is who, numbers are a big part of this game. The town outnumbering the mafia is a big advantage, and balances out the mafia knowing alignment. I fear misproportionately numbering the mafia to balance the game would break that dynamic. Its far more likely that we all got limited powers rather than losing a numbers advantage.

Maybe another mod could give their insight. Also interesting that D first came to that conclusion rather than the weaker powers one while supporting a D1 lynch.

Woah, guy. If McGee is good, then that means I have to be good, which means, like, YOU'RE the bad guy!

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Increasing the mafia numbers works only to a certain extent. It can make up somewhat for a more powerful town, but it can't be forgotten that the mafia wants to control the vote. For instance if it were nearly 50/50 balance, the mafia would win after convincing the town to lynch just one or two good guys.

Dr. Gonzo
05-14-2013, 04:09 PM
I love the contradictory arguments D is bringing to the table. I need to lead a quick lynch to feed my ego but I also am apparently jumping on lynch trains looking for a quick lynch.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Yes being the second person to vote for you is me jumping on a quick lynch. You scrambling dawg.

BTW, D plays EXACTLY like this every time he is evil. I am not going to back that up though because I don't have to. You all know it is true.

Do you see how dumb that is D?
A lot of guys have accused me of being evil without voting. Not only did you vote for me (quick lynch attempt), but you are literally mad and in full attack mode too. To me, you're hiding something.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Increasing the mafia numbers works only to a certain extent. It can make up somewhat for a more powerful town, but it can't be forgotten that the mafia wants to control the vote. For instance if it were nearly 50/50 balance, the mafia would win after convincing the town to lynch just one or two good guys.
Never thought about that.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 04:16 PM
I love the contradictory arguments D is bringing to the table. I need to lead a quick lynch to feed my ego but I also am apparently jumping on lynch trains looking for a quick lynch.
I must be the only one laughing here. Have you not hijacked this train in attempt to lead this quick lynch?

I hope when things are revealed that your ego will be totally shot.

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Heading out from work, will be back online when I get home, probably around 7 PM EST. Play nice while I'm gone!

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 04:30 PM
*tips over chair*

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 04:39 PM
w9MiS9tn_r4

RufusMcDaniel
05-14-2013, 04:46 PM
While Grizz is away, I suggest we play scrabble.

RufusMcDaniel
05-14-2013, 04:51 PM
I used to be pro-no lynch, but towards the end of last mafia season I started to come around on lynching on day one.

I'm pretty sure Rufus denied my Facebook friend request once, so I'd be ok with giving him the boot!

Whoa whoa whoa, I don't have facebook....anymore. That said, I would never reject you.

SuperMcGee
05-14-2013, 04:57 PM
I will likely vote for D, but the way some of you talk...

I'm fine with people seeming sketchy, happens all the time. But when I feel that people are being manipulative, that's a bad feel man.

While Grizz is away, I suggest we play scrabble.

You're sicker than I thought.

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Who's up for a mass character reveal?

RufusMcDaniel
05-14-2013, 05:03 PM
You're sicker than I thought.

Using Q's as blanks and grabbing more than 7 tiles out of the bag, yeah that's me. **** don't matter any more after last night.

I'm a loose cannon now, Mcgee!

fenikz
05-14-2013, 05:12 PM
my power sucks but i do carry some weight

Vote:#CMD#

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Who's up for a mass character reveal?

I will say my #1 bad guy was Loki.

<333 Tom Hiddleston

A mass character reveal could help. You can assume the popular picks like Ironman would be good, and that people claiming less favorites would be using covers. That is, unless Grizz gave out aliases for them, since character claiming is legal. If that's the case, we'd be screwed. And it messes with the spirit of the game too.

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 05:18 PM
I will say my #1 bad guy was Loki.

<333 Tom Hiddleston

A mass character reveal could help. You can assume the popular picks like Ironman would be good, and that people claiming less favorites would be using covers. That is, unless Grizz gave out aliases for them, since character claiming is legal. If that's the case, we'd be screwed. And it messes with the spirit of the game too.

I didn't put Loki on my list. I considered it but decided against it. I did get my first choice though.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 05:18 PM
my power sucks but i do carry some weight

Is your power voting with hashtags and without explanation?

fenikz
05-14-2013, 05:20 PM
oh i can role claim

i get 2 votes

so no reason to kill me villains and no reason to lynch me heroes

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Two vote?!?!?!

*gulp*

fenikz
05-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Mutually Assured Destruction

only I'm swinging the bigger stick

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 05:24 PM
I didn't put Loki on my list. I considered it but decided against it. I did get my first choice though.

I got my first choice too! I was worried I wouldn't get it or my #2, which would have left me with Tits McGee.

vidae
05-14-2013, 05:25 PM
I got my first, second, and third choices in character.

Rob S
05-14-2013, 05:26 PM
D has been more sketch than Gonzo and we need to rachet up the pressure on someone if we wish to learn anything.

unvote: Gonzo ; vote: D-Unit

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 05:28 PM

...wait a tic. We're talking about the bad list. Did you just admit to getting your #1 bad guy?

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 05:28 PM
I think I know who Fenikz is.

unvote: Fenikz

I also got my first good guy choice. My first bad guy choice would have been a beast, though.

SuperMcGee
05-14-2013, 05:31 PM
I got my first choice too! I was worried I wouldn't get it or my #2, which would have left me with Tits McGee.

Leave her out of this!

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 05:40 PM
...wait a tic. We're talking about the bad list. Did you just admit to getting your #1 bad guy?

Maybe I did maybe I didn't.

fenikz
05-14-2013, 05:41 PM
I think I know who Fenikz is.

unvote: Fenikz

I also got my first good guy choice. My first bad guy choice would have been a beast, though.

i doubt it, im way too bad ass for my power

unvote: #CMD#

Brothgar
05-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Unvote Gonzo

Vote No lynch

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Im slightly aroused from this conversation.

I'm currently leaning towards D or a no lynch. D, reveal yourself.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Im slightly aroused from this conversation.

I'm currently leaning towards D or a no lynch. D, reveal yourself.
Can you say why you would vote for me?

All I hear is "D is crazy" equating that to me being evil. Are you guys really going with that?

I really don't want to character reveal but if I must, I will.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 05:58 PM
You got pretty defensive over the random number generators. And then you came out with that crazy rationale that it was better that we'll kill a power role than a townie.

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Updated Vote Count:

Gonzo (1): Vidae
D-Unit (4): JR, Gonzo, Cigaro, Rob
No Lynch (1): TH, Broth

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Maybe I did maybe I didn't.

You make a good point...

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 06:16 PM
You got pretty defensive over the random number generators. And then you came out with that crazy rationale that it was better that we'll kill a power role than a townie.
I didn't think that was pretty defensive. I guess any response is a defensive response??? To me, staying silent when someone is acussing you is much more suspicious. I can see me being defensive if I went hard back at you, attacked you or voted for you.... but I didn't do any of that. If you're going to vote on someone because they are highly defensive, I've got some better names for you.

The second one is a twist on what I said. I never said it would be better. I only said that I would be more open to it. Why? Because I thought there would be better odds of hitting an evil. Most games, the chance is higher that you'd kill a good. But as you were more clever than I to recognize...the numbers game wouldn't be good for mafia if all the mafia had to do was convince a few goods to vote their way. It would end up an easy mafia win.

So I might be dumb in not thinking things through, but I am an active discussioner... so that will get me to say a lot of things without thinking it through. I don't play quiet games.

vidae
05-14-2013, 06:18 PM
When you're accused on the first day you should probably brush it off. Getting defensive (which, truthfully, you did), only makes people suspicious of you. It's a tactic to get someone to blow up and that's kinda what you did.

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 06:22 PM
D-Unit pulled a classic evil Vidae.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 06:23 PM
When you're accused on the first day you should probably brush it off. Getting defensive (which, truthfully, you did), only makes people suspicious of you. It's a tactic to get someone to blow up and that's kinda what you did.
That doesn't make me evil though. Maybe I fell for it, but it doesn't change who I am.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 06:25 PM
I didn't think that was pretty defensive. I guess any response is a defensive response??? To me, staying silent when someone is acussing you is much more suspicious. I can see me being defensive if I went hard back at you, attacked you or voted for you.... but I didn't do any of that. If you're going to vote on someone because they are highly defensive, I've got some better names for you.

The second one is a twist on what I said. I never said it would be better. I only said that I would be more open to it. Why? Because I thought there would be better odds of hitting an evil. Most games, the chance is higher that you'd kill a good. But as you were more clever than I to recognize...the numbers game wouldn't be good for mafia if all the mafia had to do was convince a few goods to vote their way. It would end up an easy mafia win.

So I might be dumb in not thinking things through, but I am an active discussioner... so that will get me to say a lot of things without thinking it through. I don't play quiet games.

Random number generators aren't actually used to lynch people. I don't think I've seen anyone lynched solely because their number came in a generator. Just because someone says their suspicious of you because of them doesn't mean they actually are, and so when you get defensive about them it looks odd.

As for the second part, you didn't simply say there was a higher chance of hitting evil, you specifically said you preferred hitting power roles instead of townies;

RufusMcDaniel
05-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Vote: No Lynch

This is the way I always go day 1, why wait to cast it I guess. But I got to tell you, I'm not liking what I have read from D so far, and clearly I'm not the only one.

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Can you say why you would vote for me?

All I hear is "D is crazy" equating that to me being evil. Are you guys really going with that?

I really don't want to character reveal but if I must, I will.

That doesn't make me evil though. Maybe I fell for it, but it doesn't change who I am.

I totally agree to be honest, and I have even said you may not be evil. My choice if I were to vote lynch would be you simply would be because I think you'd be the most logical at this point in finding out information about everyone.

For the rest of the game people will point to the start and how you acted, and it seems like it may waste our time if we have to keep discussing it every day if we let you live. So really my point for voting you, would be for information purposes amongst the chance that you are in fact actually evil.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Random number generators aren't actually used to lynch people. I don't think I've seen anyone lynched solely because their number came in a generator. Just because someone says their suspicious of you because of them doesn't mean they actually are, and so when you get defensive about them it looks odd.

As for the second part, you didn't simply say there was a higher chance of hitting evil, you specifically said you preferred hitting power roles instead of townies;
The beauty of this game is that there is just not one way to play this game and interpret this game. If you think me being defensive makes me guilty then what happens when you're mistaken? What does that do to your logic?

When I said I would be more willing to vote for a Day 1 lynch, it's because I thought there was a better chance to hit on an evil power role. I don't know why you think that's so bad.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 06:33 PM
The beauty of this game is that there is just not one way to play this game and interpret this game. If you think me being defensive makes me guilty then what happens when you're mistaken? What does that do to your logic?

When I said I would be more willing to vote for a Day 1 lynch, it's because I thought there was a better chance to hit on an evil power role. I don't know why you think that's so bad.

What happens if I'm mistaken? I'm mistaken. No, getting defensive isn't a surefire indication of mafianess, but at the same time, it very well can be.

And as for why I think that's so bad, its because you weren't simply thinking there was a better chance of hitting on a evil power role, but also a better chance of hitting on a good power role.

vidae
05-14-2013, 06:34 PM
D-Unit pulled a classic evil Vidae.

Haha, yep.

You're right, it doesn't make you evil, but it makes you suspicious. We don't know what to think on day one, and anyone acting suspiciously at all will get votes. That's just how it works.

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 06:35 PM
I don't know. I feel like the only times I've ever gotten super defensive was when I was indeed mafia... Except for that time I was Batman's dog.

Man, what a nightmare that was.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Okie dokie folkies...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e0/Iron_Man_bleeding_edge.jpg/250px-Iron_Man_bleeding_edge.jpg

Now what?

vidae
05-14-2013, 06:39 PM
unvote : Gonzo

vote : no-lynch

Whatevs.

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 06:40 PM
So long as anyone else can't claim Iron man.

Vote No lynch

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Meh. I don't necessarily trust role/character claims. Especially this early.

Alright guys, I'm out to play tennis for a bit. They don't call me Serena for nothing! (It's because of my thunder thighs, not my skills)

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Updated Vote Count:

D-Unit (4): JR, Gonzo, Cigaro, Rob
No Lynch (5): TH, Broth, Rufus, Vidae, Jvig

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Sucks when you want someone to be bad so much and you convince yourself of it only to find out the opposite, huh?

vidae
Sucks when you want someone to be bad so much and you convince yourself of it only to find out the opposite, huh?

I don't think anyone did that.

Now I want to vote for you because you're irritating me. :P

D-Unit
Meh. I don't necessarily trust role/character claims. Especially this early.

Alright guys, I'm out to play tennis for a bit. They don't call me Serena for nothing! (It's because of my thunder thighs, not my skills)
I'm not claiming some obscure character here. LOL.

vidae
05-14-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm not claiming some obscure character here. LOL.

That isn't what he's saying. Sometimes evil guys have safeclaims. We've seen that in a lot of different games.

Ugh. Want.. to vote.. for you.. so bad..

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't think anyone did that.

Now I want to vote for you because you're irritating me. :P
Yeah! I like that! Now we're both irritated.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Iron Man is definitely a bold claim, it'd be practically impossible to believe that someone good doesn't have him as their character. Guess I'll see how this plays out.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 06:50 PM
That isn't what he's saying. Sometimes evil guys have safeclaims. We've seen that in a lot of different games.

Ugh. Want.. to vote.. for you.. so bad..
Hahaha... Iron Man is a safe claim? You're not that stupid are you?

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Iron Man is definitely a bold claim, it'd be practically impossible to believe that someone good doesn't have him as their character. Guess I'll see how this plays out.
Now the way I see it...

I don't get protected = I die along with my awesome ability

I get protected, but I'll also get role blocked = I can't help on Day 2.

But if mafia role blocks me the entire time, until they kill the protector(s), then others are free to use their abilities freely.

vidae
05-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Hahaha... Iron Man is a safe claim? You're not that stupid are you?

Are you that stupid? Don't you realize how PERFECT an Iron Man safeclaim would be? There is already another post by someone other than us saying that Iron Man is too big of a character to be a safeclaim.

If I were running this game I'd make the safeclaims Iron Man, The Hulk, and Thor.

vidae
05-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Now the way I see it...

I get protected, but I'll also get role blocked = I can't help on Day 2.

But if mafia role blocks me the entire time, until they kill the protector(s), then others are free to use their abilities freely.

I always loved this defense, personally.

I have an awesome power, but if I don't die and it isn't used it's TOTALLY because I was roleblocked!

I didn't think you were evil (or even suspicious really) before, but now I dunno. I kinda think you're full of ****.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Are you that stupid? Don't you realize how PERFECT an Iron Man safeclaim would be? There is already another post by someone other than us saying that Iron Man is too big of a character to be a safeclaim.

If I were running this game I'd make the safeclaims Iron Man, The Hulk, and Thor.

That wouldn't necessarily work with the UPick setup though. I mean guess Grizz could just refuse to hand out those roles, but it'd seem to defeat the point.

vidae
05-14-2013, 06:57 PM
That wouldn't necessarily work with the UPick setup though. I mean guess Grizz could just refuse to hand out those roles, but it'd seem to defeat the point.

It was an example, and this isn't The Avengers, it's Marvel. Are those likely to be picked in a game this size? Maybe, but I bet a lot of lesser known characters were picked as well, ie some of the X-Men, Deadpool, etc etc.

My point was that I'd make the mafia safeclaims some of the more well known characters that weren't picked for that purpose alone. A safeclaim isn't useful if it isn't believable, now is it?

Rob S
05-14-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm pretty sure D is good w/ that claim. Just a feeling; IDK if there are safeclaims, but I dont want to risk killing Iron man.

unvote: D

Btw, on mafia as a whole on this forum, the town has ****** themselves over and rendered themselves completely powerless on Day 1 by defaulting to no lynch. I am a no lynch guy, but when there is no threat to mafia day 1, the town will get no info day 1. If there is at least the threat of killing someone, we may get some useful information, even if we wind up on no lynch.

For the above reason, I am not going to switch to no lynch right now. We need to take back the power on Day 1 for the town. Seeing as votes are the only way to get this going and that I'm not all talk, no action....

lynch: Cain

Reviewing his posts, I can't help but seeing a guy who is too gung ho trying to prove he is a worthwhile member of the town. Just a feeling.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 06:58 PM

HAHAHAHA!!!! That's almost as stupid as wanting Geno Smith #1 overall to your team. 100% pure stupid stupidness.

fenikz
05-14-2013, 07:00 PM
well everyone thinks that everyone else is going to pick those people so they may very well have left them off of their list

im not sure either way and i fully in the no lynch party for 1st days so ill throw my votes that way

Vote: #No Lynch#

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:00 PM
I always loved this defense, personally.

I have an awesome power, but if I don't die and it isn't used it's TOTALLY because I was roleblocked!

I didn't think you were evil (or even suspicious really) before, but now I dunno. I kinda think you're full of ****.
Who's full of ****?

vidae
05-14-2013, 07:01 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!! That's almost as stupid as wanting Geno Smith #1 overall to your team. 100% pure stupid stupidness.

This post just goes to show how clueless you really are. And that is sad, because if you really are a good member of the town you're going to be useless with a good power.

If I was a mod I'd make sure you never got any power that is deemed important or good.

fenikz
05-14-2013, 07:01 PM
and now im gonna change it

unvote: #No Lynch#
vote: #D-Unit#

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 07:03 PM
D. State that you are Iron Man instead of just implying it.

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Updated Vote Count:

D-Unit (5): JR, Gonzo, Cigaro, Fenikz, Fenikz
No Lynch (5): TH, Broth, Rufus, Vidae, Jvig
Cain (1): Rob

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Just for the record, in the Toy Story game, Grizz did give Mafia safe claims. They included pretty big characters like Little Bo Peep, Jessie, Slinky, and Etch. The main guys (Buzz and Woody) were in the game though.

So is Iron Man one of THE main guys? There are so many, it's difficult to tell. Spider-Man, the Hulk, and Thor are both older characters. As is the Fantastic Four. And Captain America is older than all of them. It's not a lock that Iron Man isn't a safe claim.

CashmoneyDrew
If D doesn't explicitly state that he is Iron-man I'm voting to lynch him. :)

Rob S

If you're actually a lie detector and came out with it, I will hate you forever.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:08 PM
This post just goes to show how clueless you really are. And that is sad, because if you really are a good member of the town you're going to be useless with a good power.

If I was a mod I'd make sure you never got any power that is deemed important or good.
I must have touched a nerve.

fenikz
05-14-2013, 07:08 PM
i am not evil or neutral ;)

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:09 PM
I am Iron Man.

vidae
05-14-2013, 07:09 PM
I must have touched a nerve.

Ya, you're irritating me!

unvote : no-lynch

vote : D-Unit

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Ya, you're irritating me!

unvote : no-lynch

vote : D-Unit
I'm irritated too. Should I vote for myself?

Rob S
05-14-2013, 07:15 PM
This is good. Rachet up that pressure. The town is dick-less no more.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Mafia have a chance to hammer this in against me. 2 votes away. Let's see who they are.

See... I can help the town!

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Dude, now youre annoying me too.

Rob S
05-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Yeah, D is being annoying. He has handled the accusations about as un-gracefully as possible. That said, unless someone else claims Iron Man, I don't want to risk killing him Day 1.

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Mafia have a chance to hammer this in against me. 2 votes away. Let's see who they are.

See... I can help the town!

Interesting. The mafia could hammer you. So the next people who vote are mafia. But would they be that stupid? No, they are withholding their votes. So the people not voting are mafia. I'm confused.

Brothgar
05-14-2013, 07:23 PM
D acted this way in the last game as well. It is terrible town strategy but it is how he plays.

Rob S
05-14-2013, 07:24 PM
D acted this way in the last game as well. It is terrible town strategy but it is how he plays.

This is also why I think there is a solid chance of D telling the truth. He never plays "well" as a town member.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Interesting. The mafia could hammer you. So the next people who vote are mafia. But would they be that stupid? No, they are withholding their votes. So the people not voting are mafia. I'm confused.
Not all of the remaining votes would be mafia, but among them, I think the answer is clearly yes. Right now, I think I have confused them on what they should do.

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Yep, like I said D is playing more stupid then coming off as evil to me.

RufusMcDaniel
05-14-2013, 07:28 PM

classic evil mafia

vidae
05-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Not all of the remaining votes would be mafia, but among them, I think the answer is clearly yes. Right now, I think I have confused them on what they should do.

The only person you've confused is yourself.

Jvig43
05-14-2013, 07:29 PM

I'm relatively certain you havent done anything but just make everyone suspicious of you, making the mafia unconcerned about what to do with you.

vidae
05-14-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm relatively certain you havent done anything but just make everyone suspicious of you, making the mafia unconcerned about what to do with you.

Yep. They're sitting back and laughing right now.

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 07:31 PM
I still say no lynch.

But by all means, lets risk lynching Ironman because D is a dingusaur.

vidae
05-14-2013, 07:32 PM
I still say no lynch.

But by all means, lets risk lynching Ironman because D is a dingusaur.

I get what you're saying, but how can we expect him to make rational and smart decisions with his "awesome" power if this is how he's going to act?

I'm not too keen on the idea of relying on D to help the town after what he has displayed here today. I think he's more of a liability than a help.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 07:32 PM
The longer it goes without someone denying D's claim, the more I want to unvote him. The more I read his posts, the less I want to unvote him.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:33 PM
I understand being defensive is suspicious. But I'm always going to defend myself against acussations. It's never been in me to joke it off or play silent to it.

But what do you mean about the mafia being unconcerned about what to do with me?

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:39 PM
I get what you're saying, but how can we expect him to make rational and smart decisions with his "awesome" power if this is how he's going to act?

I'm not too keen on the idea of relying on D to help the town after what he has displayed here today. I think he's more of a liability than a help.
My only power at this point is that I could force the mafia to use their role block on me. My real power will remain useless. I will use it of course, but I just doubt I'll see it work. Or, I could remain unprotected and then die off.

But really, there is no sense in the town lynching me right now. Anyone voting for me or keeping their vote on me should remain on people's radars as this game carries on in the future.

Cigaro
I understand being defensive is suspicious. But I'm always going to defend myself against acussations. It's never been in me to joke it off or play silent to it.

But what do you mean about the mafia being unconcerned about what to do with me?

That you're doing a bang up job at making everyone want to vote for you.

TitanHope

So we kill him?

If you don't like the thought of relying on D, that's fine. But being willing to waste a lynch on a good guy with this reasoning is crazy, Vid. Using his power is going to be hard to mess up. Its the communication part where things have broken down, and we can just ignore him.

The "Even if he's good, he's hurting more than helping" has always been a mafia ploy to get a good guy lynched.

vidae
05-14-2013, 07:41 PM

My only power at this point is that I could force the mafia to use their role block on me. My real power will remain useless. I will use it of course, but I just doubt I'll see it work. Or, I could remain unprotected and then die off.

But really, there is no sense in the town lynching me right now. Anyone voting for me or keeping their vote on me should remain on people's radars as this game carries on in the future.

So first you have an awesome power and now your "real power" will remain useless? What? Which is it D?

So we kill him?

If you don't like the thought of relying on D, that's fine. But being willing to waste a lynch on a good guy with this reasoning is crazy, Vid. Using his power is going to be hard to mess up. Its the communication part where things have broken down, and we can just ignore him.

The "Even if he's good, he's hurting more than helping" has always been a mafia ploy to get a good guy lynched.

You're under the assumption that I believe he's a good guy. I'm not so sure I do anymore, and with him backpedaling on his earlier claim that he had an "awesome" power.. I think he's telling some tales here.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:42 PM
That you're doing a bang up job at making everyone want to vote for you.
Well, at least you can throw your number generator away. It lead to this mess.

Rob S
05-14-2013, 07:42 PM
D is just brutal to listen to right now. I still think he is good though.

SuperMcGee
05-14-2013, 07:43 PM

This guy gets it.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:45 PM
So first you have an awesome power and now your "real power" will remain useless? What?

If I'm role blocked and prohibited from using my power, then it wouldn't work.

If I'm not role blocked, then certainly my power would be helpful.

SuperMcGee
05-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Yep. They're sitting back and laughing right now.

No, they're probably scratching their heads at why they're facing losing a member so soon.

vidae
05-14-2013, 07:46 PM

That's a solid effort, but I'm not really buying this.

No, they're probably scratching their heads at why they're facing losing a member so soon.

It could be that too.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:47 PM
D is just brutal to listen to right now. I still think he is good though.
What do you mean? This is the best Day 1 ever!

Grizz has to be a happy camper right now. I bring the flair for drama!

SuperMcGee
05-14-2013, 07:48 PM

This is true. This was the stigma with woot for the longest time. I just don't get it, it's usually not the one person's fault but the town's perception that is hurtful.

I'm not as comfortable with D, though.

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 07:51 PM
This guy gets it.

This post makes me wary. McGee never says anything positive about me in these games. I'm thinking he knows I'm good and is trying to align himself with me.

But you could be watched. Does the mafia risk role blocking you and getting caught?

SuperMcGee
05-14-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm pretty sure D is good w/ that claim. Just a feeling; IDK if there are safeclaims, but I dont want to risk killing Iron man.

unvote: D

Btw, on mafia as a whole on this forum, the town has ****** themselves over and rendered themselves completely powerless on Day 1 by defaulting to no lynch. I am a no lynch guy, but when there is no threat to mafia day 1, the town will get no info day 1. If there is at least the threat of killing someone, we may get some useful information, even if we wind up on no lynch.

For the above reason, I am not going to switch to no lynch right now. We need to take back the power on Day 1 for the town. Seeing as votes are the only way to get this going and that I'm not all talk, no action....

lynch: Cain

Reviewing his posts, I can't help but seeing a guy who is too gung ho trying to prove he is a worthwhile member of the town. Just a feeling.

I get what you're trying for, but if you say that you're only voting for someone to get this false sense of pressure going it still doesn't work. Not unless you have a darn good argument, which is rare on Day 1 and thus puts us back into our no lynch cycle. Sigh.

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Updated Vote Count:

D-Unit (6): JR, Gonzo, Cigaro, Fenikz, Fenikz, Vidae
No Lynch (4): TH, Broth, Rufus, Jvig

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 07:54 PM
But you could be watched. Does the mafia risk role blocking you and getting caught?
Hey! Hey! That's a good idea! Never thought about.

I think you're really helping the town with that comment. So in fear of being watched, maybe they don't role block me! My power would certainly then be useful!

Rob S
05-14-2013, 07:56 PM
I get what you're trying for, but if you say that you're only voting for someone to get this false sense of pressure going it still doesn't work. Not unless you have a darn good argument, which is rare on Day 1 and thus puts us back into our no lynch cycle. Sigh.

eh...not if people joined. My vote is crap, yes, but the power lies in numbers. The first vote for D didn't matter, once we turned up the pressure then we got some potentially valuable conversation. Cain has been the most suspicious to me in reading the thread and I think D is just annoying, not bad. I'm trying to turn the numbers game towards Cain.

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 07:57 PM
You're under the assumption that I believe he's a good guy. I'm not so sure I do anymore, and with him backpedaling on his earlier claim that he had an "awesome" power.. I think he's telling some tales here.

I'm under the assumption you want to take out D regardless of his affiliation, and in the case he's a good guy, are defending that stance with what I feel is a poor argument for risking Ironman.

vidae
05-14-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm under the assumption you want to take out D regardless of his affiliation, and in the case he's a good guy, are defending that stance with what I feel is a poor argument for risking Ironman.

Yes and no.

I want to take out D because I believe he is evil, BUT, if he turns out to be a good guy then I'll be less upset than if we swung and missed on someone like you or Rob (providing you're both good, of course) because I see you as more valuable members of the town.

vidae
05-14-2013, 08:02 PM
I mean hey, we can do a no lynch if that's what people want. I'll switch my vote. I just think it's a huge mistake.

When all you have to go on is suspicious behavior, and someone is acting suspicious, I think you take the shot on the first day, that's all.

SuperMcGee
05-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Just for the record, in the Toy Story game, Grizz did give Mafia safe claims. They included pretty big characters like Little Bo Peep, Jessie, Slinky, and Etch. The main guys (Buzz and Woody) were in the game though.

Also for the record, in the Toy Story game, you were clearly Buzz Lightyear and D was a protector who chose not to protect you, or anybody, leading to your death.

Can't lose Ironman though.

Cigaro
05-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Well, I'm going to bed, and while D has continued to act suspicious/annoying since revealing, its been over an hour and no one has contradicted his claim.

Unvote: D-Unit

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Updated Vote Count:

D-Unit (5): JR, Gonzo, Fenikz, Fenikz, Vidae
No Lynch (4): TH, Broth, Rufus, Jvig

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Yes and no.

I want to take out D because I believe he is evil, BUT, if he turns out to be a good guy then I'll be less upset than if we swung and missed on someone like you or Rob (providing you're both good, of course) because I see you as more valuable members of the town.

Now you're just being sweet on me.

vidae
05-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Now you're just being sweet on me.

It's hard not to be. You're just so damn cute.

*chin tickle*

fenikz
05-14-2013, 08:32 PM
D:

Unvote: #D-Unit#
Vote: D-Unit & No Lynch

lol

Rob S
05-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Welp, my attempts to generate some discussion around Cain failed. It looks like D or No Lynch.

unvote: cain
vote: No Lynch

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 08:36 PM
What seemed off with Cain? The fact that he doesn't like no lynch Day Ones?

Rob S
05-14-2013, 08:46 PM
What seemed off with Cain? The fact that he doesn't like no lynch Day Ones?

I re-read the thread and he just gives off the vibe of someone trying way too hard. Unleash a barrage of "helpful" posts early to take suspicion off yourself before anything has even happened.

jrdrylie
05-14-2013, 08:49 PM
I re-read the thread and he just gives off the vibe of someone trying way too hard. Unleash a barrage of "helpful" posts early to take suspicion off yourself before anything has even happened.

That is true. I was mafia in the Harry Potter game and tried to make helpful posts like that.

TitanHope
05-14-2013, 08:49 PM

*chin tickle*

Yeah, but if D is good, then I kinda think you might be evil, which chills me to my bones! MY BONES!

Rob S
05-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Classic evil Vidae.

vidae
Yeah, but if D is good, then I kinda think you might be evil, which chills me to my bones! MY BONES!

Well, I'm not evil and I do have a power which is situational at best.

Also I'm clearly the best comic book character of all time and you're all jealous. And so is everyone out there reading this! You're all jealous too!

ImBrotherCain

Sorry I just got back... Tried to read through this all before I take a shower.

I don't understand I was helpful. I stated that I dislike No Lynches. Said Gonzo was suspicious but playing exactly like he played last game when he was good and I modded. Said D-Unit's reasoning was lunacy... Super helpful apparently.

Rob... you are better than this. I could easily expect this reasoning from others but I have much more faith in you.

That said I refuse to cast a No Lynch vote... even if it speeds up the day.

D-Unit

*chin tickle*
Classic evil vidae.

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Sorry I just got back... Tried to read through this all before I take a shower.

I don't understand I was helpful. I stated that I dislike No Lynches. Said Gonzo was suspicious but playing exactly like he played last game when he was good and I modded. Said D-Unit's reasoning was lunacy... Super helpful apparently.

Rob... you are better than this. I could easily expect this reasoning from others but I have much more faith in you.

That said I refuse to cast a No Lynch vote... even if it speeds up the day.
Now that I'm revealed, I don't want a No Lynch vote either.

What do you guys think of Gonzo?

CashmoneyDrew
05-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Just to reiterate what was probably said earlier, just because Iron-Man and various other guys seem like no-brainers to be in the game, that doesn't necessarily mean they would automatically be included.

When Grizz ran the Toy Story game he left out quite a few major good guys so it would curve the effect of character reveals.

Grizz be sneaky y'all.

Grizzlegom
05-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Updated Vote Count:

D-Unit (4): JR, Gonzo, Fenikz, Vidae
No Lynch (6): TH, Broth, Rufus, Jvig, Fenikz, Rob

D-Unit
Well, I'm not evil and I do have a power which is situational at best.

Also I'm clearly the best comic book character of all time and you're all jealous. And so is everyone out there reading this! You're all jealous too!
I don't get why you would put a target on your back so easily like this... but okayyyyy.....

Rob S
Now that I'm revealed, I don't want a No Lynch vote either.

What does this have to do with anything?

ImBrotherCain
As I said previously Gonzo is playing classic town aligned Gonzo... not to mention his is literally the worst person to have in the mafia as its a complete give a way.

I am not willing to vote his way. Right now you are my main suspicion but with just skimming through the day I really didn't get a good grasp of what I missed.

vidae
05-14-2013, 08:56 PM
I don't get why you would put a target on your back so easily like this... but okayyyyy.....

Everyone has a power in a game this size. And considering that we're all SUPERHEROES I would be shocked to find a townie.

Rob S
05-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Everyone has a power in a game this size. And considering that we're all SUPERHEROES I would be shocked to find a townie.

Grizz has already said as much.

ImBrotherCain
05-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Vidae is so easy to peg... then again I played WoH with him for months and months.

The question though.... is he Neutral?

D-Unit
05-14-2013, 09:00 PM
What does this have to do with anything?
I think it would help to balance out the night actions if we hit on an evil guy. I feel like with my identity being known that the mafia already has had a successful day 1 and can go into night with a definite course of action if there is a no lynch. However, we have a chance at making it a little difficult if we hit on one of them.