PDA

View Full Version : would you do this draft day trade with tampa?

Tha rizzock
04-04-2007, 12:57 PM
We pick Calvin at#1 we then trade him too Tampa for Joe Thomas, Jason hill chirs simms and next seasons third.

Raider_fan_Canada
04-04-2007, 04:17 PM
No way, this franchise needs a franchise player. Thomas will probably be very good, but the Raiders need a true offensive difference maker like Calvin Johnson or Jamarcus Russell or even Brady Quinn could be.

Chris Sims is not more than an average starter and he is not the solution.

We need to land a real stud this year to get out of that crap.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-04-2007, 06:13 PM
I would rather get Simms than either QB.I like him as a starter.Not to mention hes less of an investment.

RaiderNation
04-04-2007, 06:50 PM
rather just keep CJ

Yung Flippa
04-04-2007, 06:54 PM
No possible wat the Bucs' would go with the trade. I know they are in love wit CJ but that is alot.

Tha rizzock
04-04-2007, 08:43 PM
No possible wat the Bucs' would go with the trade. I know they are in love wit CJ but that is alot.

Look at the #1 picks that have beem traded in the past its alot to get the #1 dude.

RaiderNation420
04-05-2007, 02:33 AM
Rizz ?

Joe Thomas wtf

come on Rizz

Tha rizzock
04-05-2007, 03:12 AM
Rizz ?

Joe Thomas wtf

come on Rizz

we do need a LT bro you on rf.net??

NIN1984
04-05-2007, 05:56 AM
Joe Thomas reminds me of Robert Gallery, no way we pass on talent like Russell or Johnson for another OT.

TRJ997
04-05-2007, 09:15 AM
So the Bucs would give #4 overall, their 3rd rounders this year and next year, and Chris Simms for CJ. It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I'm not sure that Gruden is ready to give up on Simms yet. I think TB is going into this draft willing to accept the fact that CJ may not be available at 4 and they aren't going to do anything drastic to get him. Although, this is a more reasonable trade than some that I've seen on the Lions board.

In the end I don't think there is any way TB trades with Oakland because I don't think Oakland would accept this deal and TB wouldn't give up more than this.

Tha rizzock
04-05-2007, 11:21 AM
So the Bucs would give #4 overall, their 3rd rounders this year and next year, and Chris Simms for CJ. It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I'm not sure that Gruden is ready to give up on Simms yet. I think TB is going into this draft willing to accept the fact that CJ may not be available at 4 and they aren't going to do anything drastic to get him. Although, this is a more reasonable trade than some that I've seen on the Lions board.

In the end I don't think there is any way TB trades with Oakland because I don't think Oakland would accept this deal and TB wouldn't give up more than this.

why did they bring in two QBs this offseason if simms isnt done? CJ will be taken by us like all the BPA usually are taken at #1 unless your the texans in 02 and you dont take peppers or unless your the texans last season and you dont take bush. Look at the trades in the past dude it takes alot to get the#1 player.

portermvp84
04-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't do it, cuz we don't need another lineman in the first riund. It's kinda hard to pass up on a guy like CJ.

TRJ997
04-05-2007, 12:47 PM
why did they bring in two QBs this offseason if simms isnt done? CJ will be taken by us like all the BPA usually are taken at #1 unless your the texans in 02 and you dont take peppers or unless your the texans last season and you dont take bush. Look at the trades in the past dude it takes alot to get the#1 player.

I know it takes a lot to move up to #1, dude. Taking that into account, my point was that I don't think a trade between Oakland and the Bucs will take place. Simms may be done, but I still believe he has more value to the Bucs than to Oakland because of his knowledge of the system. Why would Oakland be intersted in another backup QB anyway? They need a starter. Garcia is 38, Plummer isn't going to play for TB, and the popular opinion doesn't have them taking a QB in this draft, so I don't think they will be so quick to deal Simms this year.

CJ may be taken by Oakland, but you're awfully confident that a majority of the experts will be wrong about this draft. We'll see, I guess.

Tha rizzock
04-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I know it takes a lot to move up to #1, dude. Taking that into account, my point was that I don't think a trade between Oakland and the Bucs will take place. Simms may be done, but I still believe he has more value to the Bucs than to Oakland because of his knowledge of the system. Why would Oakland be intersted in another backup QB anyway? They need a starter. Garcia is 38, Plummer isn't going to play for TB, and the popular opinion doesn't have them taking a QB in this draft, so I don't think they will be so quick to deal Simms this year.

CJ may be taken by Oakland, but you're awfully confident that a majority of the experts will be wrong about this draft. We'll see, I guess.

He would start in oakland they both ran a varation of the WCO ours has more deep throws theres more shorter stuff. The majority of the experts are always wrong when the raiders pick anyways.

TRJ997
04-05-2007, 02:23 PM
He would start in oakland they both ran a varation of the WCO ours has more deep throws theres more shorter stuff. The majority of the experts are always wrong when the raiders pick anyways.

Simms can't hold Russell's jock. Simms will be a backup next year, and I have serious doubts as to whether he will ever be a quality starter in this league. Russell may end up being be a bust, but he has made huge strides every year of college, his mechanics are good, he's big and athletic, he's accurate, he's a winner, and he has the best arm in college. He has as good a chance as Palmer, E. Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger to be a franchise QB in this league.

The experts are always wrong about the Raiders, but you're always right?

Tha rizzock
04-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Simms can't hold Russell's jock. Simms will be a backup next year, and I have serious doubts as to whether he will ever be a quality starter in this league. Russell may end up being be a bust, but he has made huge strides every year of college, his mechanics are good, he's big and athletic, he's accurate, he's a winner, and he has the best arm in college. He has as good a chance as Palmer, E. Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger to be a franchise QB in this league.

The experts are always wrong about the Raiders, but you're always right?

who said i was always right? I dont remeber saying that but things look to be pointing diffrent ways from your boy russel.

we wouldnt have offerd for mccown, be intrsted in carr, tried to make a run at garcia or tried to trade for shaub if we were as sold on him as most raiders fans are.

Yung Flippa
04-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Look at the #1 picks that have beem traded in the past its alot to get the #1 dude.

I know it is but I mean they are basically giving up
2nd (Jason Hill)
A Future Star (Chris Simms)
A Future 3rd

Tha rizzock
04-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I know it is but I mean they are basically giving up
2nd (Jason Hill)
A Future 3rd

It doesnt matter what thet are giving up becuse when the Giants did it they got merrimen,rivers and kaeding out of it. That would be equal to the #1 pick dude.
it would be like this
raiders get chirs simms, #4 overall,#35 overall and a future third. whats wrong with that?

Komp
04-05-2007, 08:44 PM

Thank you for that, that was the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

The Raiders would be ******** to do this trade. If we got the #4, their 2nd and 3rd or 4th this year and maybe another pick next year that wouldn't be as bad. Take JR/Quinn at #4 and go OL possibly with both picks in the 2nd. I'd rather have picks than any of the players you mentioned. Simms is a wash imo and we don't really need Jason Hill at all. The only reason we go WR this draft is to get CJ, we have lots of depth at that position.

TRJ997
04-06-2007, 08:43 AM
who said i was always right? I dont remeber saying that but things look to be pointing diffrent ways from your boy russel.

we wouldnt have offerd for mccown, be intrsted in carr, tried to make a run at garcia or tried to trade for shaub if we were as sold on him as most raiders fans are.

It's tough to keep up with you. I asked if you're always right since you said:

The majority of the experts are always wrong when the raiders pick anyways.

I'm not saying that Oakland won't pick CJ. I said that TB won't make the trade you originally proposed . . . not because it's unfair according to the trade value chart, but because they wouldn't give up that much for a WR. As of now, a majority of experts (including Scott) still have JR to the Raiders, although there were a few reports yesterday reminding everyone how much Oakland likes CJ. Its funny how this coincided with CJ "quietly" visiting the Raiders. I wonder what reports we will hear next week when Russell goes to Oakland. Don't misunderstand me . . . I know JR to the Raider's isn't close to a lock, but he's still the favorite in my mind.

However, I totally disagree that Oakland wouldn't try to bring in a veteran QB if they are planning on picking JR. Actually, they would be smart to bring in a vet and keep JR on the bench for a year or so. Every QB on your list blows as much as Walter, and with the execption of Shaub, could have been brought in for a year and released when JR is ready to start.

Tha rizzock
04-06-2007, 03:02 PM
It's tough to keep up with you. I asked if you're always right since you said:

I'm not saying that Oakland won't pick CJ. I said that TB won't make the trade you originally proposed . . . not because it's unfair according to the trade value chart, but because they wouldn't give up that much for a WR. As of now, a majority of experts (including Scott) still have JR to the Raiders, although there were a few reports yesterday reminding everyone how much Oakland likes CJ. Its funny how this coincided with CJ "quietly" visiting the Raiders. I wonder what reports we will hear next week when Russell goes to Oakland. Don't misunderstand me . . . I know JR to the Raider's isn't close to a lock, but he's still the favorite in my mind.

However, I totally disagree that Oakland wouldn't try to bring in a veteran QB if they are planning on picking JR. Actually, they would be smart to bring in a vet and keep JR on the bench for a year or so. Every QB on your list blows as much as Walter, and with the execption of Shaub, could have been brought in for a year and released when JR is ready to start.

walter blows? kevin kolb blows? I think your just a russel hugger is all.

I was saying the scouts are usually wrong on the raiders picks not that i am right. I think the raiders need young playmakers around and to give walter or someone like kolb a chance to succeed in the new offense they have and if they cant do it then John david booty or brian brohm in next seasons draft can.

TRJ997
04-06-2007, 03:55 PM
walter blows? kevin kolb blows? I think your just a russel hugger is all.

I was saying the scouts are usually wrong on the raiders picks not that i am right. I think the raiders need young playmakers around and to give walter or someone like kolb a chance to succeed in the new offense they have and if they cant do it then John david booty or brian brohm in next seasons draft can.

Doesn't Walter blow? I know he'd be more successful with a better team around him, but he's not a reason to pass on a franchise QB. I am a big Russell fan, so I suppose that would qualify me as a hugger, but I'm just as much of a CJ and AD hugger. Russel plays the far more important position though, which is why I think he would help the Raiders win the most games in the next 10+ years. Kevin Kolb may be a good QB, but I think he will likely be a backup at best like most of the other mid round QB's taken every year. The fact of the matter is, most franchise QB's are selected at the top of the first round. (I know there are exceptions and I don't want to get into that argument)

Why wait until next year and hope the Raiders lose enough to be in position to pick a franchise QB (which is unlikely) when they have one sitting there right now? Forgive me if I don't accept your sweeping generalization that most scouts are usually wrong about the Raiders. Most scouts are usually right about the first pick overall (obviously not always as evidenced last year).

Tha rizzock
04-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Doesn't Walter blow? I know he'd be more successful with a better team around him, but he's not a reason to pass on a franchise QB. I am a big Russell fan, so I suppose that would qualify me as a hugger, but I'm just as much of a CJ and AD hugger. Russel plays the far more important position though, which is why I think he would help the Raiders win the most games in the next 10+ years. Kevin Kolb may be a good QB, but I think he will likely be a backup at best like most of the other mid round QB's taken every year. The fact of the matter is, most franchise QB's are selected at the top of the first round. (I know there are exceptions and I don't want to get into that argument)

Why wait until next year and hope the Raiders lose enough to be in position to pick a franchise QB (which is unlikely) when they have one sitting there right now? Forgive me if I don't accept your sweeping generalization that most scouts are usually wrong about the Raiders. Most scouts are usually right about the first pick overall (obviously not always as evidenced last year).

Ok my rebut to this is Walter never really got a chance last season and hes got playing time under his belt. Hes got a huge cannon arm just like russel and is faster(4.73) russel ran a high 4.8 close to what lefwich ran who is known as a statue QB.

I think CJ is the BPA like bush was last season we cant pass on that.