PDA

View Full Version : Ravens to Host Sears, White, Abiamiri & Kolb

Yung Flippa
04-04-2007, 01:00 PM
OWINGS MILLS -- The Baltimore Ravens plan to host two former Gilman standouts on April 17 at the team's local prospects visit day.

Both Notre Dame outside linebacker/defensive end Victor Abiamiri and Ohio State fullback Stan White are scheduled to meet with team officials at the team's training complex.

Abiamiri registered 10 1/2 sacks last season and 15 tackles for a loss for the Fighting Irish. As a junior, the 6-foot-4, 267-pounder had eight sacks and 15 tackles for losses.

White was recruited as a linebacker, but quickly converted to H-back and became a starter in his junior season when he started all 12 games and caught three passes for 21 yards. As a fifth-year senior, White caught eight passes for 57 yards.

White's father, Stan White, is an Ohio State alum who played linebacker for the Baltimore Colts and now works as a color analyst for the Ravens' official radio broadcast team.

Those visits from the two former Baltimore high school stars won't count against the team's top 30 visits.

__________________________________________________ _______________

OWINGS MILLS -- University of Tennessee offensive tackle Arron Sears will visit the Baltimore Ravens' training complex today as one of the defending AFC North champions' Top 30 visits, according to his agent, Sean Kiernan.

Sears is a potential first-round draft pick, an All-Southeastern Conference selection who has demonstrated the versatility to play offensive guard or tackle in the NFL. He has played every position on the line except for center.

The 6-foot-3 1/2, 319-pounder played left tackle as a senior and won the Jacobs Award as the conference's top blocker. Sears has a reputation for having sound technique and for being decicated to his conditioning.

Because of his size, Sears would likely project best at offensive guard.

"I'm really getting the sense that most of the 32 teams are looking at me at the guard position because of my frame and being able to play down inside at the guard position," Sears told reporters at the NFL scouting combine.

The Ravens were also scheduled to host University of Houston quarterback Kevin Kolb this week. It will be Kolb's first visit. His next visit is with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Kolb is competing with Stanford's Trent Edwards to be the third quarterback drafted after LSU's JaMarcus Russell and Notre Dame's Brady Quinn.

The Ravens are looking for a promising developmental quarterback to groom behind veteran starter Steve McNair, who turned 34 after the season. Backup Kyle Boller is entering the final year of his rookie contract.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Ravens1991
04-04-2007, 01:05 PM
good find, I like Victor but I am not sure if we need a 3-4 OLB with Cody and JJ.

BigDawg819
04-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Wow the Ravens brought in a bunch of prospects, I'm shocked. :D

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
good find, I like Victor but I am not sure if we need a 3-4 OLB with Cody and JJ.
yea i dont think he would be a good fit on our defene but i still like him as a player.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Wow the Ravens brought in a bunch of prospects, I'm shocked. :D
same, im kinda pissed to see that they brought in Kolb meaning that they probably wont give Boller 1 last chance to prove himself. (:mad:

niel89
04-04-2007, 03:40 PM
atleast our scouting department is active

Troj2man
04-04-2007, 04:41 PM
same, im kinda pissed to see that they brought in Kolb meaning that they probably wont give Boller 1 last chance to prove himself. (:mad:

I don't think it would mean that Boller wouldn't get one last chance. If we draft a QB, he's probably going to be sitting on the bench the entire first season. Boller is going to have to light it up in camp to get his one last chance here in Baltimore. Or step in if Mcnair gets injured.

jkpigskin
04-04-2007, 09:04 PM
I WANT VICTOR

he graduated from my school and would be awesome to have a home town guy

dcarey20
04-04-2007, 10:32 PM
victor in the 2nd would be a great pick for us.