PDA

View Full Version : Ted Ginn Jr.

jjmcquade
04-04-2007, 03:29 PM
With the 22nd pick of the 2007 NFL Draft. The Dallas Cowboys select Ted Ginn Jr. from The Ohio State University.

Ginn Video Package

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

KILLERSANTA
04-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I hope NOT!!!!!!

Paul
04-04-2007, 05:05 PM
no...not really.

Achilles33
04-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Hell no, he shouldn't be picked above the mid 3rd IMO. Troy Williamson 2.0.

BiggerFoot
04-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Please never compare Ginn to Williamson all they have in common is speed

Achilles33
04-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Well they both suck, I would say they have that in common as well.

MeEtMeAtTheStAr
04-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Well they both suck, I would say they have that in common as well.

Why do you think Ginn sucks??

KILLERSANTA
04-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Why do you think Ginn sucks??

He's small and would get manhandle on the line in the NFL. best he'll be in the nfl, is a 3rd/slot WR and a good KR!!!!

BiggerFoot
04-04-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't think he will turn out as good as Steve Smith, but Steve is not big in stature 5,9 185 lbs. where Ginn is 5,11 178 lbs. Steve Smith is more elusive in the open field but Ginn is faster

04-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Ginn is going to be a bum. When need to Draft Big Dwayne Jarrett. I don't know how man times I have said it, but Dwayne Jarrett is the best Wide Receiver in the Draft. Even better than Calvin Johnson.

Paul
04-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Ginn is going to be a bum. When need to Draft Big Dwayne Jarrett. I don't know how man times I have said it, but Dwayne Jarrett is the best Wide Receiver in the Draft. Even better than Calvin Johnson.

*Slaps head*. Could you be more bias.:rolleyes:

thule
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
He won't fall past the top 15 unfortunately.

22,895 you just lost the ounce of respect I had you for.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-05-2007, 12:18 AM
hes not going to be a star but he definately wont be a bum. he could be a solid #2

Achilles33
04-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Yea, 22,895, you just lost all respectability saying Jarrett is better than Johnson.

DSlay4
04-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I dont think Ginn to the Cowboys would be to bad. He can learn from a fellow buckeye how to beat jams from bigger cornerbacks. And in the meantime he could return punts so we dont have to worry about Newman taking a big hit.

KILLERSANTA
04-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't think he will turn out as good as Steve Smith, but Steve is not big in stature 5,9 185 lbs. where Ginn is 5,11 178 lbs. Steve Smith is more elusive in the open field but Ginn is faster

Steve is about 50 times stronger then Ginn

Wow.........................I think he's the second best WR in the draft....But WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy behind Johnson!!!!

JJJ888
04-05-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure how everyone can just write Ginn off as they have been doing recently. He's a fantastic athlete who is certainly raw, but has certainly been productive. There is no doubting his talent. He may never be a prototypical wide receiver, but if you get the ball into his hands, he will produce. He's at least better than his teammate Santonio Holmes...

KILLERSANTA
04-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure how everyone can just write Ginn off as they have been doing recently. He's a fantastic athlete who is certainly raw, but has certainly been productive. There is no doubting his talent. He may never be a prototypical wide receiver, but if you get the ball into his hands, he will produce. He's at least better than his teammate Santonio Holmes...

I think Holmes will be better a Pro....The only reason he was productive, was he used his speed to burn people. Speed by it self is not good enough in the NFL

JJJ888
04-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Here's the thing I have a problem with. Before his injury in the National Championship game (note how the offense sputtered without him--I am not saying that is entirely because of his loss), Ginn was hyped as a top 10 prospect. When people started questioning him because of that injury, his stock suddenly began to drop and people found other excuses to rate him lower and lower.

You say that speed alone doesn't work in the NFL. I say look at the Moss brothers. Look at Steve Smith. Don't look at Troy Williamson since he moved up in the draft simply because of his speed. Ginn is considered a playermaker and a speedster even without running his 40. Look at Terry Glenn. Look at Deion Branch. There are plenty of examples of guys with fewer physical tools than Ginn who have become solid, if not great Wide Receivers in this league.

KILLERSANTA
04-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Here's the thing I have a problem with. Before his injury in the National Championship game (note how the offense sputtered without him--I am not saying that is entirely because of his loss), Ginn was hyped as a top 10 prospect. When people started questioning him because of that injury, his stock suddenly began to drop and people found other excuses to rate him lower and lower.

You say that speed alone doesn't work in the NFL. I say look at the Moss brothers. Look at Steve Smith. Don't look at Troy Williamson since he moved up in the draft simply because of his speed. Ginn is considered a playermaker and a speedster even without running his 40. Look at Terry Glenn. Look at Deion Branch. There are plenty of examples of guys with fewer physical tools than Ginn who have become solid, if not great Wide Receivers in this league.

Santana Moss is Very Very Overated!
Randy Moss has more then speed, Can catch, And Jump over anyone.
Steve Smith is about 50 times stonger and way more elusive. And also willing to go over the middle.

Now i will get back to my point. Ginn only has speed, Doesn't have good hands, not that elusive, and is very small/weak.

Maybe Ginn is just to raw for me, Raw players hardly ever pan out to what they could be.

JJJ888
04-05-2007, 10:55 PM
I just watched a bunch of Ted Ginn clips and here's what I saw:

1. He is elusive. He doesn't seem so, because he just blows by people, but he slips through little holes to get even more yardage. When you have that kinda speed, you don't have to juke a guy out of his shoes to get by him. Ginn does it with a little hip twist and go.

2. He can run after the catch. Ginn has very good vision, especially when he gets the ball in space. As pointed out earlier, he is also elusive. Furthermore, he can even break a tackle or two.

3. He is fast. Ginn can outrun people. He can do it on punt returns or on receptions. He frequently beats people over the top. Want evidence, take a look at his touchdown catch against one of this forum's favorites, Aaron Ross, in this year's Texas game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21yoBtw2mxM . Or take a look at some of his other receptions: he beats DBs by 5 or 10 yards over a 40-50 yard sprint.

4. Ginn is a playmaker. He does make catches in traffic and can go over the middle on slants or crossing routes. Any time he touches the ball, whether it is on a punt return, screen, deep ball, crossing route, or reverse, he is a threat to score.

5. His technique catching the ball is not perfect. He does not stretch his arms out and snatch the ball out of the air, but that is something that is very coachable.

That's what the film showed me.

Staubach12
04-06-2007, 10:10 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hhahah... heh...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

04-07-2007, 07:53 PM
How's this guy doing in the NFL.
http://dynamic.si.cnn.com/si_online/covers/issues/1989/0424.html

or how bout this dude who was supposed to tear it up. He only has about 50 sacks in 12 years.
http://dynamic.si.cnn.com/si_online/covers/issues/1994/0425.html

These guys were competing over the #1 pick?
http://dynamic.si.cnn.com/si_online/covers/issues/1999/0419.html

Brian Bosworth,Lawrence Phillips,Heath Shuler,Bruce Pickens,Ryan Leaf,Steve Emtman,etc. you get the point right. Just because I'm not sucking Calvin Johnson's ---- like everybody else doesn't mean I won't be right.

04-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Also, you guys must not respect Kirk Herbstreit's opinion also because he has also said Jarrett is the best WR in the NFL Draft.

Paul
04-07-2007, 08:12 PM
ZZZZzzzz..

Still lacking any kind of evidence on why DJ will be better then CJ. You just named a whole bunch of bust.

04-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Well based on last year when Tye Hill was the CB at Clemson Calvin only had 46 Yards on 4 Rec. and this year when Merriweather was at S he had 5 Rec. for 68 Yards.

Paul
04-07-2007, 08:53 PM
:rolleyes: two mediocre games nice.

2006 season:
Calvin Johnson - 76 rec 1202yds 15td
Dwayne Jarrett - 70 rec 1015yds 12td

Given that CJ played in 2 more games, but those numbers would be probably close to even if they both played the same number. And let's not forget Dwayne had Matt Lienart and a blue-chipper in Booty throwing to him. While CJ had Reggie Ball...REGGIE BALL. Need I say more.

Burns336
04-07-2007, 09:51 PM
So Ginn still hasnt done anything since the National Championship game??

Man that injury sure is a lingering one... more of a reason not to go after a wr like this.

04-08-2007, 01:02 AM

2006 season:

Given that CJ played in 2 more games, but those numbers would be probably close to even if they both played the same number. And let's not forget Dwayne had Matt Lienart and a blue-chipper in Booty throwing to him. While CJ had Reggie Ball...REGGIE BALL. Need I say more.

Yes, but one of those average games came from a future NFL Starter. Obviously Tye Hill isn't the best CB in the League, but it's a good little judgement on how Calvin might turn out. Dwayne Jarrett on the other hand tore up this year's best CB prospect in Leon Hall.

Achilles33
04-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Calvin Johnson is just flat out superior in every way to Dwayne Jarrett, face it.

Staubach12
04-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Calvin is bigger, faster, smarter, runs better routes, knows how to get open better, has better hands,and is more elusive after the catch than Jarrett. And that's a fact.

robert_in_bigd
04-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes, but one of those average games came from a future NFL Starter. Obviously Tye Hill isn't the best CB in the League, but it's a good little judgement on how Calvin might turn out. Dwayne Jarrett on the other hand tore up this year's best CB prospect in Leon Hall.

Not even close and Jarret had a Heisman and potential Heisman throwing to him. WTF did Johson have ... REGGIE BALL!!!!!!!!

Comparing Calvin Johnson to Dwayne Jarrett is like comparing Blue Label to Black Label.

Achilles33
04-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Calvin is bigger, faster, smarter, runs better routes, knows how to get open better, has better hands,and is more elusive after the catch than Jarrett. And that's a fact.

Boo Ya!!!!

JonIH87
04-10-2007, 12:14 AM

Jarrett's limited athleticism really sets him back in my opinion.
A nice #2 option, but not would I want out of my #22 pick.
If Ginn's there at 22, I'd take him.
Speed and potential like that is way too hard to pass up at such a late pick.
Although I really really like Dwayne Bowe.

Bengals78
04-10-2007, 11:02 AM
i would hate to see the 'Boys draft Ginn. I dont like him. He needs to add about 10-15 pounds of good weight. I think Dwayne Bowe more than Jarrett.
I would reach for Meachem or Rice over Ginn right now. If this injury is still lingering it really makes me wonder how he would hold up in the NFL. If a big hitting safety drops him how long will he be out? could he even run across the middle in the pros?

JoeMontainya
04-10-2007, 11:15 AM
"Troy Williamson 2.0."

Im sure Williamson wishes he had 1/5 the talent as Teddy. Ginn was a better returner in college than Hester........facts show it....

mtmock
04-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Jarrett's limited athleticism really sets him back in my opinion.
A nice #2 option, but not would I want out of my #22 pick.
If Ginn's there at 22, I'd take him.
Speed and potential like that is way too hard to pass up at such a late pick.
Although I really really like Dwayne Bowe.

lack of athleticism? ur mental if you make that assumption based on speed. he came out of high school as an athlete. he has a 38 inch vertical.4.6 isnt blazing but id like to see a normal guy his size 6'5 219 try to run that...calvin is the only one better with a 4.35, but he's a freak. call him slow but he is one of the most athletic players in the draft., ginn is good i agree, i think we are down to 3 choices really for the WR position Ginn, Meachem, Jarrett. Though i doubt ginn who has world class speed drops past 17, meachem is a top 20 pick as well, which leaves us with possibly meachem and most likely jarrett.

mtmock
04-10-2007, 12:14 PM

he is not smarter,SC is a private school any dummy could get into GT. He doesnt run better routes, they run about the same, jarrett has better hands, the best in the draft. so only about half of what you said are facts. jarrett is a baller.

Achilles33
04-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Are you kidding me MTMock? You think Jarrett is better than CJ?

04-10-2007, 01:46 PM
he is not smarter,SC is a private school any dummy could get into GT. He doesnt run better routes, they run about the same, jarrett has better hands, the best in the draft. so only about half of what you said are facts. jarrett is a baller.

Here's somebody who know's the facts. Calvin Johnson is nothing, but hype.

ThaU4Life
04-10-2007, 01:50 PM

Better hands?? No way, CJ hands are much better.

Achilles33
04-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Dude are you kidding me? Calvin Johnson is nothing but hype? OMG you should be banned right now.

04-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Dude are you kidding me? Calvin Johnson is nothing but hype? OMG you should be banned right now.

LOL! Man you are a tripin. Your number 1 priority should be being a Dallas Cowboys fan not worring about Calvin Johnson. You should be banned because you told a Dallas Cowboys fan to be baned and your a Cowboys fan. Just because you suck his d--- doesn't mean I have to.

Achilles33
04-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Calvin Johnson can take a dump on Jarretts chest. I can't wait until tonight qhen everyone signs on and ripps you apart.

ChefMike
04-10-2007, 02:38 PM

2006 season:

As I agree with the flaw in he had a Heisman Winner and a Future NFL QB throwing him the ball.. you have to look at it the other way to... Would either of them put up the numbers they did with lesser recievers ? Did Jarrett walking in and starting and making a HUGE impact right away make the QB's job that much easier ? I think Jarrett is going to be a stud he just needs to have a veteran with him in the system to help me perfect his craft being he is still very young..

JJJ888
04-10-2007, 06:06 PM
If we really want to debate Johnson vs. Jarrett, here's my opinion:

The biggest difference between Johnson and Jarrett is speed. They both have fantastic hands, excellent size, and the ability to make the catch in traffic. In other words, they are both excellent possession receivers. What sets Calvin Johnson apart from Dwayne Jarrett (and the rest of the receivers in this class), is that he is a complete receiver. He can stretch the field with his speed. He can beat cornerbacks both with his body and with his legs. He is a legitimate deep threat. Jarrett really is not.

I like Jarrett a lot, but to say that he is better than Johnson is absolutely ridiculous.

Paul
04-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Here's somebody who know's the facts. Calvin Johnson is nothing, but hype.

Glad to see you back that up once agian. :rolleyes:

Achilles33
04-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Calvin Johnson is one of the best propsects in draft history. That really was one of the worst posts I have ever seen.

JonIH87
04-10-2007, 08:09 PM
lack of athleticism? ur mental if you make that assumption based on speed. he came out of high school as an athlete. he has a 38 inch vertical.4.6 isnt blazing but id like to see a normal guy his size 6'5 219 try to run that...calvin is the only one better with a 4.35, but he's a freak. call him slow but he is one of the most athletic players in the draft., ginn is good i agree, i think we are down to 3 choices really for the WR position Ginn, Meachem, Jarrett. Though i doubt ginn who has world class speed drops past 17, meachem is a top 20 pick as well, which leaves us with possibly meachem and most likely jarrett.

I said limited athleticism.
Anyhow I'm not sure what to make of Jarrett...
His 38 inch vertical is indicative of some explosiveness, but his 1.71/10 yard split says otherwise.
All of his agility tests were subpar.
He's a long legged receiver, and as such, cannot get low in his cuts.
I like Jarrett a lot, but let's call a spade a spade.

JonIH87
04-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Calvin Johnson is one of the best propsects in draft history. That really was one of the worst posts I have ever seen.

Agreed.
Jarrett is a nice receiver and all, but CJ is the best prospect I've seen in a LONG time.

04-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Calvin Johnson can take a dump on Jarretts chest. I can't wait until tonight qhen everyone signs on and ripps you apart.

If he's good I'll say I'm wrong. Heck make a Sig that says "I was wrong about Calving Johnson" or something like that.

And to that Paul dude. I already told you against Tye Hill he got shut down who last year was on of the Top Prospects. When DJ went up against Hall he lit him up. :rolleyes: (sigh) Yes he had Ball I know,but Ball threw it to him 7 times in that game he dropped it once and so that leaves with 2 bad throws.

04-10-2007, 10:40 PM

Yep and so was Tony Mandarich what did he do? Yep...nothing.

This dude has some grudge against me. Anytime I post something you just come up and are opposed to it. May'be it's because The Trojans killed Achillies.

Burns336
04-10-2007, 10:49 PM

actually GT is extremely hard to get into, especially for engineering, whereas USC is hard but not as hard because it is only partially grade based. SC has a huge emphasis on connections, whether or not you have family that has attended the school, and if your rich family is willing to make donations.

MTMmock -- you are an idiot, thanks for playing. Not only is your head to head analysis of the two recievers totally wrong, but your analysis of the two schools is wrong as well.

04-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Wow. So much for Cowboys fans uniteing. Wow people calling each other idiots and they are diehard fans of their team and making an opinion on a player that hasn't even played a down. Everybody is assuming he's going to be an Art Monk or Steve Largent or something like that.

goonie61
04-10-2007, 11:31 PM
"Listen to the one scout in the draft room who's opinion is contrary to the group: Because everyone in the NFL seems to talk with each other, there are universal opinions about players. Too many times it's just safer to go with the flow and inflate or deflate players like everyone else does. If one of your scouts is willing to stand on the table for a guy, contrary to the group, then listen to him. Risk takers are few and far between in the personnel business and a scout willing to go away from the flow just might know something the rest of the group doesn't know. I remember a Carolina Panther scout begging the team to draft Wayne Chrebet in the seventh round. No one listened and the rest was history." - Pat Kirwan

Im_a_Romosexual
04-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Yep and so was Tony Mandarich what did he do? Yep...nothing.

This dude has some grudge against me. Anytime I post something you just come up and are opposed to it. May'be it's because The Trojans killed Achillies.

its because the kid is a total d-bag

Burns336
04-11-2007, 12:16 AM
SC is my fav college team, I almost went to school there and will prob go to grad school there, and i love steve smith and DJ as trojans and i like both of them as NFL prospects. I see DJ as a Possesion guy though, pretty much a young Keyshawn (he's even developed a keyshawn attitude over the past year), and i see smith as a guy who could be a solid number 2, maybe a young terry glenn? But i dont see how we can compare DJ to Calvin at this point. CJ has hands that are equal to DJ's but has the ability to stretch the field that DJ will lack at the next level.

My point is, im a huge SC guy and would love to see Jarrett and Smith tear it up at the next level, but as far as making predictions towards who I think is going to be the top pro I'm not sure how you can say anyone but CJ.

Burns336
04-11-2007, 12:17 AM
its because the kid is a total d-bag

It's T-new huh?

Paul
04-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Wow. So much for Cowboys fans uniteing. Wow people calling each other idiots and they are diehard fans of their team and making an opinion on a player that hasn't even played a down. Everybody is assuming he's going to be an Art Monk or Steve Largent or something like that.

SO just because we support the same team we shouldn't have difference of opinions and debate? Think before you post. Listen you can like DJ all you want, and hate Cj all you want. But your argument holds no ground,the only thing you brought us was a list of players who turned out to be bust and statistics from two games. And you see that as a valid argument? You have alot to learn about how to make a point with actual evidence and back-up. After watching film and going over his measurables, veteran scouts and GM's are going goo-goo-ga-ga over this guy, and you know what I'll take there word over some kid on a forum who has a Dwayne Jarrett sig (no bias there right :rolleyes:) . And maybe CJ will not live up to the hype, but you haven't showed any proof on why that would be. You can't say his production because I already posted his numbers, which progressed with each passing year, and it's not his measrubles, seeing he has freak type size and speed. So lease tell us really what is it?

I mean really, if you were to talk to Scott Wright or Mel Kiper and want to prove to him that CJ is going to be a bust, what would or could you say to them. Huh, please I would like to know. Because really all you've been doing is pulling this stuff out of your ass.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-11-2007, 10:41 AM
It's T-new huh?

I thought it was obvious

Achilles33
04-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Achilles was hit with an arrow by Paris, what a noble way to kill someone... And anyway, I have nothing agianst the Trojans, and the Greeks owned you anyway. Achilles was the best warrior to ever set foot on the earth. Oh and if honestly think Jarrett can hold CJ's jock there is something wrong with you.

04-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Achilles was hit with an arrow by Paris, what a noble way to kill someone... And anyway, I have nothing agianst the Trojans, and the Greeks owned you anyway. Achilles was the best warrior to ever set foot on the earth. Oh and if honestly think Jarrett can hold CJ's jock there is something wrong with you.

Yea Paris was a pus--- for doing that, but that's the humor in it that are weakest Trojan warrior killed your strongest warrior. Also, IDK how you can say somebody owned somebody if they fought for 10 years or whatever and did some Trojan Horse thing which tricked the Trojans.

As for DJ and the jockstrap thing that's just dumb. It's not luck when you are the All-Time Pac-10 Leader in Touchdowns and you were one of the final three for the Biletnikoff Award. That doesn't happen over night.

04-11-2007, 07:27 PM
SO just because we support the same team we shouldn't have difference of opinions and debate? Think before you post. Listen you can like DJ all you want, and hate Cj all you want. But your argument holds no ground,the only thing you brought us was a list of players who turned out to be bust and statistics from two games. And you see that as a valid argument? You have alot to learn about how to make a point with actual evidence and back-up. After watching film and going over his measurables, veteran scouts and GM's are going goo-goo-ga-ga over this guy, and you know what I'll take there word over some kid on a forum who has a Dwayne Jarrett sig (no bias there right :rolleyes:) . And maybe CJ will not live up to the hype, but you haven't showed any proof on why that would be. You can't say his production because I already posted his numbers, which progressed with each passing year, and it's not his measrubles, seeing he has freak type size and speed. So lease tell us really what is it?

I mean really, if you were to talk to Scott Wright or Mel Kiper and want to prove to him that CJ is going to be a bust, what would or could you say to them. Huh, please I would like to know. Because really all you've been doing is pulling this stuff out of your ass.

No no no not at all that wasn't directed toward you I was for the dude who called somebody an idiot and are like I said diehards of the same team. That's the whole point of a Forum is to have opinions about stuff.

Anyway back to DJ vs. CJ. Well If I could talk to Mel Kiper JR. or Scott Wright I would say

His combine numbers are amazing...
He racked up 1,200 yards receiving last season...
He scored 15 touchdowns...

BUT...

How come if he's thee #1 prospect WR, why did he get COMPLETELY SHUTDOWN IN 38% OF HIS GAMES?

In 5 out of his 13 regular season games last season he had 26 YARDS OR LESS. 26 yards or less!

Yes, he had some awesome games statistically speaking. Heck, he almost had 200 yards in the Gator Bowl. He also had some other huge games against Virginia and NC State.

But if he's such an amazing WR, why didn't he dominate in almost every game? I think this is a reasonable question to consider. Yes he did have Reggie Ball, but how about Larry Fitzgerald at Pitt? He didn't have a Leinart or a JD Booty.

When you go 2-for-9 yards against Troy, 3-for-13 yards against North Carolina, and 2-for-13 yards against Georgia, you are hardly a dominant WR. And oh yeah, there was that o-for-0 game against Clemson.

I'm not hating on Calvin I hope he's good ever since I read that SI Article about him, but he's just way to overhyped to be getting said like "Mark it down in pen that he will be one of The Greatest Wide Receivers of All-Time."

Staubach12
04-11-2007, 07:36 PM

You obviously never saw either of them play. Please, only talk about players you've seen.

fryman
04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
No no no not at all that wasn't directed toward you I was for the dude who called somebody an idiot and are like I said diehards of the same team. That's the whole point of a Forum is to have opinions about stuff.

Anyway back to DJ vs. CJ. Well If I could talk to Mel Kiper JR. or Scott Wright I would say

His combine numbers are amazing...
He racked up 1,200 yards receiving last season...
He scored 15 touchdowns...

BUT...

How come if he's thee #1 prospect WR, why did he get COMPLETELY SHUTDOWN IN 38% OF HIS GAMES?

In 5 out of his 13 regular season games last season he had 26 YARDS OR LESS. 26 yards or less!

Yes, he had some awesome games statistically speaking. Heck, he almost had 200 yards in the Gator Bowl. He also had some other huge games against Virginia and NC State.

But if he's such an amazing WR, why didn't he dominate in almost every game? I think this is a reasonable question to consider. Yes he did have Reggie Ball, but how about Larry Fitzgerald at Pitt? He didn't have a Leinart or a JD Booty.

When you go 2-for-9 yards against Troy, 3-for-13 yards against North Carolina, and 2-for-13 yards against Georgia, you are hardly a dominant WR. And oh yeah, there was that o-for-0 game against Clemson.

I'm not hating on Calvin I hope he's good ever since I read that SI Article about him, but he's just way to overhyped to be getting said like "Mark it down in pen that he will be one of The Greatest Wide Receivers of All-Time."

so you think that a prospects NFL potential is shown in what they do in college more so than their skill set and measurables?

Burns336
04-11-2007, 09:49 PM

T-new, once again you are wrong. It's common knowledge that the Spartans were the best warriors of all time. Although it isnt completely historically accurate, the movie 300 dipicts much of what life was like growing up as a Spartan. In fact, if it weren't for the Spartans, there is about a 99.9% chance that we would all be persian today because they would have conquered the world if it werent for those 300 men accompanied by a few thousand athenians who gave up there lives to slow down the persians and enabled a war to take place in which the Spartans were victorious about 150 years after the fact.

I bet Leunitas would kick achilles ass.

I do agree with you that CJ is a better player than DJ though.

Paul
04-11-2007, 10:00 PM
How in the hell did we end up talking 'bout Greek Mythology? Must not been paying attention to other post.

JJJ888
04-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Yea Paris was a pus--- for doing that, but that's the humor in it that are weakest Trojan warrior killed your strongest warrior. Also, IDK how you can say somebody owned somebody if they fought for 10 years or whatever and did some Trojan Horse thing which tricked the Trojans.

As for DJ and the jockstrap thing that's just dumb. It's not luck when you are the All-Time Pac-10 Leader in Touchdowns and you were one of the final three for the Biletnikoff Award. That doesn't happen over night.

To further the history debate...any nation that has been invaded automatically has a large advantage...most analysts say that a 3 to 1 troop advantage is necessary in modern warfare...and the Trojans were defending their own walled in city. Certainly they had a massive advantage on the field of battle...for the Greeks to lay siege for 10 years is simply incredible.

On the other hand, the whole thing is simply a legend, so it doesn't really matter.