PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Comedians

Jay
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
1. Dennis Leary - Classic. He's from my city, Worcester, MA, and I have been a big fan of his ever since I can remember. I love his harsh, sarcastic tone and mocking sense of humor. He's a typical Masshole prick and I love it. "No Cure For Cancer" was a huge album as far as comedy is concerned.

2. Dane Cook - I know there are a lot of haters out there because of all the popularity he has gained, but at least he did it the right way. His newer stuff is getting a little redundant, but I've been a fan of this guy ever since he was hawking bootleg copies of his routines at shows. My friend caught him one night when he was doing just a regular, opening act type show at Faneuil Hall in Boston and brought his CD into our radio station the next day and we were hooked.

3. Lisa Lampenelli - The Queen Of Mean. I first saw her one the Pam Anderson roast and have been hooked ever since. This lady is a f'ing RIOT! I have very quickly been trying to pick up everything she's been a part of, and she is the ONLY reason I bought the William Shatner roast, haha.

4. Ron White - He's the best of the Blue Collar guys. I think Bill Engvall is pretty good too, but I like Ron White more because, surprise surprise, he's got that cocky, sarcastic way to him. Since I mentioned Engvall, his new DVD "15 Degrees Off Cool" is really, really funny, just came out last week.

5. Louis CK - Again, he has that sarcastic, Masshole vibe that I love and obviously relate to. His show he had on HBO Lucky Louie was pretty cool, it's too bad it got canned. Definitely under-appreciated.

Well, that's probably my top five, I am a big fan of comedy, so who else is out there that I should check out. I guess Sacha Baron Cohen would count, and he'd definitely be #2 in my book, but I guess he is more of an actor. Anyway, that's my list.

WMD
04-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Mitch Hedberg is easily my favorite.. Other favorites are Richard Pryor and Dave Chappelle... and for what it's worth..probably nothing.. I find Lisa Lampenelli to be very annoying.

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Bill Hicks is the best, if you don't agree.........your wrong

ElectricEye
04-04-2007, 10:53 PM
George Carlin, followed closely by Dennis Leary. I've read all of Carlin's books. Very good stuff.
Oh, and Bill Hicks. Actually, I would probably put Hicks ahead of Leary.

bored of education
I want Dane Cook DEAD.

bearsfan_51
Wow..I don't like a single person you named.

I agree with all of WMD's and would add Chris Rock and Lewis Black

draftguru151
04-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Patrick Schroeder and Mitch Hedberg.

YAYareaRB
04-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Katt Williams - Brilliant!
Dave Chappelle - RIDICULOUS!
Bill Cosby - Vintage Bill Cosby

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 10:57 PM
as for others

Carlin and Prior are classic. (though anybody arer age saying they've seen tons of Pryor stand up is lying. I'm going mostly by movies, and a little stand up)

Rodney Dangerfield (again, mostly his film work)
Louis CK is great (Louis CK is also great when Dane Cook is performing his jokes)
Russell Peters
Jim Norton
Lewis Black
Jim Gaffigan
Brian Regan

WMD
04-04-2007, 10:59 PM
I also forgot, Zach Galifianakis... and Demetri Martin is also good.

Damix
04-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Brian Regean

DChess
demetri martin

bored of education
Demetri Martin is nice!

DChess
i also forgot im seeing stephen lynch next friday, hes soo good

Jay
04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
I can understand why people don't like Lisa Lampenelli and Dane Cook. I mean, I obviously disagree, but I can understand that their shtick may not be up everyone's alley.

Mitch Hedburg was an acquired taste for me. I remember my friend playing his "Mitch All Together" CD for me for the first time and my first response was "Wow, now I know why he killed himself." But it grew on me, and I regret the comment. I was at a comedy club in Jacksonville about two or three days after he died and they had ads for his upcoming show on all the tables with a big "canceled" across it. That was definitely sad to see knowing why...

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:05 PM
I can understand why people don't like Lisa Lampenelli and Dane Cook.

what act does Dane have? His act is Louis CK's jokes performed by a cocaine addict.

bored of education
04-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Dane Cook, too me tries to hard. And his antics on stage are as annoying if not more annoying than Carrot Top's Props. I saw some video of some guy making a mockery of Dane Cook, was pretty funny. Had some spoof where he goes off and says:

"everyone has that friends that carrys around and ladder, you know he jsut carriesit around *pretends to be dude carrying arounda ladder, making elephatesque type strides* and people always asking why do you have a ladder. *Pretends to climb on it* Well it doesnt matter why, its jsut the fact im taller than you right now as we speak."

some corny crap like that.

He has his funny moments, listening to him. But watching and listening reminds me of and ex gf comming up to me everyday getting bent over by a high school janitor saying to me at the same time "seee what your missing out on", "look at what you could be doing right now".

bored of education
04-04-2007, 11:08 PM
http://www.devilducky.com/media/59732/

Check that out.

ElectricEye
04-04-2007, 11:08 PM
I don't hate Dane Cook as much as I hate his fans. I never really liked him though.
But I do think it's stupid that this "OMG DANE COOK IS SO MANINSTREAM SELLOUT" movement started, and peoples opinions of him changed. Stupid hipsters.

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't hate Dane Cook as much as I hate his fans. I never really liked him though.
But I do think it's stupid that this "OMG DANE COOK IS SO MANINSTREAM SELLOUT" movement started, and peoples opinions of him changed. Stupid hipsters.

I stopped liking him because he steals jokes, not because he's successful

dabears10
04-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Steven Byrne.

Also to whomever said that you cannot watch/ hear Pryor stand up you are dead, dead wrong. You can go see Live & Smokin', he's got one from 71 live in concert, and also live on sunset strip, and ...Here and Now. So you are just full of it if you say young people could not see his stand up. It's called effor when you see something you like you try to get the most you can.

Jay
04-04-2007, 11:11 PM
what act does Dane have? His act is Louis CK's jokes performed by a cocaine addict.

I've heard what you are referencing, and I think it was borderline at best that he was ripping Louis CK. Look, I am a fan of both, so it sucks to even see the possibility of one ripping the other, but the two are polar opposites otherwise.

Dane's "act" that I am referring to is exactly what bored of education said, he's high energy, all over the place, and some people get annoyed by it. But I like Dane. His jokes seem to get longer as he's progressed, but I think he's great.

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Steven Byrne.

Also to whomever said that you cannot watch/ hear Pryor stand up you are dead, dead wrong. You can go see Live & Smokin', he's got one from 71 live in concert, and also live on sunset strip, and ...Here and Now. So you are just full of it if you say young people could not see his stand up. It's called effor when you see something you like you try to get the most you can.

Do you think the 15 year old kids on this board display the effort to go get old Pryor. Don't ******* disrespect me again.

bored of education
04-04-2007, 11:13 PM
He takes for ever to make a joke develop..to much filler and unneeded material that throws off the audiences focus where its like hi im dane cook..heres the punchline LAUGH HERE

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:13 PM
I've heard what you are referencing, and I think it was borderline at best that he was ripping Louis CK. Look, I am a fan of both, so it sucks to even see the possibility of one ripping the other, but the two are polar opposites otherwise.

Dane's "act" that I am referring to is exactly what bored of education said, he's high energy, all over the place, and some people get annoyed by it. But I like Dane. His jokes seem to get longer as he's progressed, but I think he's great.

The "itchy asshole" joke is borderline?

snuff
04-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Guy that writes the simpsons is probably the best ever imo.

neko4
04-04-2007, 11:16 PM
God who dont I like?

WMD
04-04-2007, 11:17 PM
God who dont I like?

Carlos Mencia?

ElectricEye
04-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Do you think the 15 year old kids on this board display the effort to go get old Pryor. Don't ******* disrespect me again.

I'm 15, and I have Richard Pryor: Live and Smokin, That ---------- Crazy, and ...Is It Something I Said?. While most 15 year olds don't listen to older stuff, it's still rather stupid to assume things.

bearsfan_51
04-04-2007, 11:18 PM
God who dont I like?
Margaret Cho?

Jay
04-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Like no one has ever talked or thought about having an itchy asshole before? Haha. The naming the kid thing is no different. Again, it raises an eyebrow but in the grand scheme of things, it's minuscule to me.

The way I see it is comedy is no different then rock and roll. Just about every riff that can be made on a guitar has been done so far, so I don't put too much thought into a lick here or riff there sounding similar to something else. Stand up is hard, and I am positive someone did the itchy asshole joke before Louis CK did it.

I'm a big fan of both comedians, so I guess it just doesn't really affect me...

dabears10
04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm sorry I took offense to someone saying that young people cannot respect and honor comedy from years past because they are too lazy and incompetent to go out and find work by people they find entertaining.

I in no way disrespected you, I just illustrated many ways you could listen or see the one and only Richard Pryor. So saying that because I've seen a good amount of stand-up I must be lying I feel direspected.

frogstomp
04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Wow..I don't like a single person you named.

I agree with all of WMD's and would add Chris Rock and Lewis Black

Chris Rock is amazing. Anyone who hasn't read his book, and is even somewhat a fan, needs to get it. It's hilarious, plus he is actually really damn smart.

George Carlin is out of his goddamn mind.

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry I took offense to someone saying that young people cannot respect and honor comedy from years past because they are too lazy and incompetent to go out and find work by people they find entertaining.

I in no way disrespected you, I just illustrated many ways you could listen or see the one and only Richard Pryor. So saying that because I've seen a good amount of stand-up I must be lying I feel direspected.

blow me...........I said most 15's won't make the effort to go after stuff from the likes of Pryor and Lenny Bruce, etc. A solid majority of those that do are trying to boost their e-ego, and those that do are in the minority. So hush

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:24 PM
God who dont I like?

Larry The Cable Guy?

ElectricEye
04-04-2007, 11:25 PM
blow me...........I said most 15's won't make the effort to go after stuff from the likes of Pryor and Lenny Bruce, etc. A solid majority of those that do are trying to boost their e-ego, and those that do are in the minority. So hush

Dude, I hate to say this, since I have similar tastes in comedy as you, but that's ******** right there. How do you know that? Who are you too say what people can and can't do. Your probably right about not many younger people doing that, but you don't have to act like an ass about it.
Negative rep added.

KCJ58
04-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Conan O'Brien

http://daimyo.org/files/images/7aa696276d181a68306a54d97d756765-145.jpg

and Max Weinberg

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Dude, I hate to say this, since I have similar tastes in comedy as you, but that's ******** right there. How do you know that? Who are you too say what people can and can't do. Your probably right about not many younger people doing that, but you don't have to act like an ass about it.
Negative rep added.

you and the other guy's negative did nothing, and I even if it did I couldn't give a ****. Stop acting like you and the teenage breathren your defending are more sophisticated than I could realize. I was only a teenager a couple short years ago. And yes, I am an asshole. Deal with it

comahan
04-04-2007, 11:32 PM
And off of this, Rick actually gains a bar of rep. nice.

ElectricEye
04-04-2007, 11:32 PM
I hope no one knocks you off your pedestal, because you'll have a long way to fall. Asshole was a bad word. Dramawhore is a better term.

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:34 PM
I hope no one knocks you off your pedestal, because you'll have a long way to fall. Asshole was a bad word. Dramawhore is a better term.

Dramawhore is a word? stick to elitish **** like you called me in my rep

B-Dawk
04-04-2007, 11:34 PM
to throw out another name, I enjoy Bruce Bruce

ElectricEye
04-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Dramawhore is a word? stick to elitish **** like you called me in my rep

http://pr0n.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/8f/DramaLlama.jpg
Heres a friend. ***** to him. I'm done listening too it. You'll find you have a lot in common.

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:41 PM
what the **** is that? go to the wcgbu and he'll show how to be funny pictorally

WMD
04-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Less bickering, more comedian talk.

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:42 PM
so how awful is Larry the Cable Guy?

bored of education
04-04-2007, 11:44 PM
I don't like him.

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:45 PM
I don't like him.

you are a smart man

WMD
04-04-2007, 11:45 PM
so how awful is Larry the Cable Guy?

Freaking Awful.. I don't know how people find him funny.

ElectricEye
04-04-2007, 11:47 PM
David Cross said it best.
http://www.bobanddavid.com/david.asp?artId=183

Acreboy
04-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Favorite all time in this order

1.) Demetri Martin

2.) Mitch Hedberg

3.) Dave Chappelle

4.) Richard Prior

5.) Jim Gaffigan

bigrick0016
04-04-2007, 11:48 PM
David Cross said it best.
http://www.bobanddavid.com/david.asp?artId=183

Thanks reminding me......Cross is ******* hilarious

Jay
04-04-2007, 11:49 PM
What's even worse than Larry the Cable Guy is Larry the Cable Guy before he was Larry the Cable Guy. That is some funny shizzle right there... funny as in laugh at you not with you funny.

This guy is a f'ing legend in the south though. I spent the last two years living in Jacksonville and I swear, most gas stations had more Larry the Cable Guy crap then they did Jaguars stuff. I don't miss that... however looking outside and seeing snow, I certainly miss the weather... but anyway, I digress...

ElectricEye
04-04-2007, 11:52 PM
How about a little bit of love for one of the funniest people to walk to planet...even if he wasn't a comedian..
Andy Kaufman.

Damix
04-04-2007, 11:56 PM
A bit off topic, but me and my roommate were having this discussion last night...

George Constanza is the funniest comedy character ever.

Acreboy
04-05-2007, 12:03 AM
A bit off topic, but me and my roommate were having this discussion last night...

I agree

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/Acreboy/George.jpg

dabears10
04-05-2007, 12:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c75fUO5bvms

Worst. Comedian. Ever.

Steve Hofstetter's Cure for the Cable Guy= Good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Z9c8cYnPg

ElectricEye
04-05-2007, 12:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c75fUO5bvms

Worst. Comedian. Ever.

Steve Hofstetter's Cure for the Cable Guy= Good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Z9c8cYnPg

Yeah, I had heard about the accent being fake.
And that was pretty funny lol.

WMD
04-05-2007, 12:14 AM

Not the biggest fan of Seinfeld.. As far as George Costanza goes.. I'll take the real thing, Larry David.

BigDawg819
04-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Let's see my favorite comedians, in no particular order:

Bill Maher
George Carlin
Ron White
Chris Rock
Denis Leary
Christoper Titus
Jerry Seinfeld
Lewis Black
Bob Saget

Shiver
04-05-2007, 01:42 AM
I love Jim Gaffigan.

j05son
04-05-2007, 01:57 AM
My fav would be Dane Cook

Others I like, in no particular order...

Ron "Tatar Salad" White
Conan O'Brien
Jim Gaffigan
Adam Sandlar
Chris Rock
Jimmy Kimmel
Sarah Silverman
Will Ferrell
Sacha Baron Cohen
Drew Carey (I'm a Cleveland guy...)
Ralphie May
Artie Lang

Chappel isn't bad. I might have forgot some, but oh well...

Eddie Murphy, I don't really like, but I loved "Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood" on the old (and once good) SNL.

Finally, I cannot stand Andy Dick.

RyanLeaf#1
04-05-2007, 07:24 AM
http://www.virtualsauce.com/media/badboyphotoshoot.jpg

Sauce from the Bad Boys of Comedy is my favorite stand up guy hes hilarious

Acreboy
04-05-2007, 08:05 AM
I love Jim Gaffigan.A freaking classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUVmSBGyKm0

j05son
04-05-2007, 11:13 AM
A freaking classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUVmSBGyKm0

ROFL....

Flush Pocket....

ccB
04-05-2007, 11:16 AM
All time favorite is Richard Pryor, Artie Lange and Dave Chappelle.

Lately, though....
http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Third_Party_Photo/2005/11/23/1132770807_7947.jpg
Louis C.K.

portermvp84
04-05-2007, 12:19 PM
1. Carlos Mencia
2. Dane Cook
3. Chris Rock

ccB
04-05-2007, 12:21 PM
1. Carlos Mencia
2. Dane Cook
3. Chris Rock

lolololololol horrible.

UKfan
04-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Jimmy Carr, Sacha Baron Cohen and more I can't think of it...

CARLOS MENCIA (NOT!!!)

frogstomp
04-05-2007, 12:23 PM
lolololololol horrible.

Hey, Chris Rock is amazing... even though he had him at 3rd.

Also, humour is a completely subjective topic. If we were in a different forum, you might have 20 people laughing at you for your comedic taste.

ccB
04-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey, Chris Rock is amazing... even though he had him at 3rd.

Also, humour is a completely subjective topic. If we were in a different forum, you might have 20 people laughing at you for your comedic taste.

I love Chris Rock. The post was more directed at Mencia being someones All time favorite comedian thats just ridiculous.

Sly
04-05-2007, 12:29 PM
No particular order
Stephen Wright, Dave Chappelle, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Kevin James (isn't that the cat from King of Queens?)

frogstomp
04-05-2007, 12:29 PM
I love Chris Rock. The post was more directed at Mencia being someones All time favorite comedian thats just ridiculous.

And I was joking, except for everything I said about Chris.

Anyone that has Mencia as their favorite is an idiot.

KILLERSANTA
04-05-2007, 12:31 PM
This thread can go suck a bag of dicks!

Sly
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
The George Lopez show may be the funniest sitcom on TV to me right now...

Paul
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Russell Peters and Rodman(Comicview)

ccB
04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
The George Lopez show may be the funniest sitcom on TV to me right now...

The Office gets my vote for sitcom. Funniest show overall is South Park though easily.

BigDawg819
04-05-2007, 02:20 PM
I also forgot:

Robin Williams
Dave Chappelle
Eddie Murphy's old standup

Big Mike
04-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Lavelle Crawford
http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/8cover_img/lavelle.jpg

Tyler Craig
http://www.talent-link.com/listings/images/tylerCraigT.jpg

Arnez J
http://www.funnyboneonthelevee.com/comedians/arnez_j.jpg

ncst8fan83
04-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Lewis Black makes my sides hurt from laughing so much. Chris Rock has some hilarious stuff although he curses too much in my opinion. That sort of gets old after a while.

Sly
04-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Lewis Black makes my sides hurt from laughing so much. Chris Rock has some hilarious stuff although he curses too much in my opinion. That sort of gets old after a while.
Kills me that Rock feels he has to holler all his punches. Funny dude with a delivery that irks me to no end.

JCutlery
04-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Larry David, Lewis Black, Bill Maher, Jim Brewer, Dave Chappelle and Jerry Seinfeld.

Scotty D
04-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Mitch Hedberg. RIP

wiscbadgerfootball
04-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Dave Chappelle is my favorite and is sooooooo funny.. I also love Chris Farley but of course ya know R.I.P. also Nick Swardson is hilarious

Scotty D
04-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Dave Chappelle is my favorite and is sooooooo funny.. I also love Chris Farley but of course ya know R.I.P. also Nick Swardson is hilarious

If god told me I could resurrect one person. I would tell him Chris Farley.

the_legend_killer
04-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Jim Gaffigan
Lewis Black
Eddie Murphy
Bill Engvall

bearsfan_51
04-05-2007, 08:34 PM

Which is why God will never ask you.

Brodeur
04-05-2007, 08:56 PM
There's a certain lack of Eddie Izzard mentioning in this thread.

princefielder28
04-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Frank Caliendo

liquidswords
04-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Bill Hicks is the all time greatest.

jagsfreak27
04-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Chris Rock

bored of education
04-05-2007, 09:44 PM
This thread can go suck a bag of dicks!

HAHHA WOW! CLASSIC ROUTINE!

asmitty45
04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
BEST EVER: Brian Regan

pablo francisco
chris rock
JIM GAFFIGAN
Lenny Bruce
george carlin
richard pryor

-just to name few

Ewing
04-06-2007, 12:34 AM
1. Dennis Leary - Classic. He's from my city, Worcester, MA, and I have been a big fan of his ever since I can remember. I love his harsh, sarcastic tone and mocking sense of humor. He's a typical Masshole prick and I love it. "No Cure For Cancer" was a huge album as far as comedy is concerned.

2. Dane Cook - I know there are a lot of haters out there because of all the popularity he has gained, but at least he did it the right way. His newer stuff is getting a little redundant, but I've been a fan of this guy ever since he was hawking bootleg copies of his routines at shows. My friend caught him one night when he was doing just a regular, opening act type show at Faneuil Hall in Boston and brought his CD into our radio station the next day and we were hooked.

3. Lisa Lampenelli - The Queen Of Mean. I first saw her one the Pam Anderson roast and have been hooked ever since. This lady is a f'ing RIOT! I have very quickly been trying to pick up everything she's been a part of, and she is the ONLY reason I bought the William Shatner roast, haha.

4. Ron White - He's the best of the Blue Collar guys. I think Bill Engvall is pretty good too, but I like Ron White more because, surprise surprise, he's got that cocky, sarcastic way to him. Since I mentioned Engvall, his new DVD "15 Degrees Off Cool" is really, really funny, just came out last week.

5. Louis CK - Again, he has that sarcastic, Masshole vibe that I love and obviously relate to. His show he had on HBO Lucky Louie was pretty cool, it's too bad it got canned. Definitely under-appreciated.

Well, that's probably my top five, I am a big fan of comedy, so who else is out there that I should check out. I guess Sacha Baron Cohen would count, and he'd definitely be #2 in my book, but I guess he is more of an actor. Anyway, that's my list.

Leary is a no talent hack who stole everything from Bill Hicks. Hicks sadly died of cancer in 1994 before he had a chance to do anything about it. Leary's career took off while very few even know who Hicks is. A lot of people within the stand-up community HATE Leary for what he did. I also find it ironic you list Cook and Louis CK even though Cook is infamous for stealing from CK.

Ewing
04-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Anyway, here is who I like.

1. Bill Hicks
2. Richard Pryor
3. Lewis Black
4. Lenny Bruce
5. George Carlin

bigrick0016
04-06-2007, 03:34 AM

pablo francisco
chris rock
JIM GAFFIGAN
Lenny Bruce
george carlin
richard pryor

-just to name few

I never, ever thought I'd see Pablo Fransisco mentioned in the same breath as Lenny Bruce

snuff
04-06-2007, 03:38 AM
I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down.

fondoffilm
04-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Richard Lewis, Jerry Seinfeld, Jeremy Hotz, Robin Williams, Dane Cook.

WMD
04-06-2007, 04:48 AM
I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down.

You can Copy & Paste a Mitch Hedberg joke with the best of them.

snuff
04-06-2007, 12:24 PM
You can Copy & Paste a Mitch Hedberg joke with the best of them.Thanks. I try.

tEk
04-06-2007, 12:26 PM
demitri martin
jim gaffiagan - hot pocket!
dave chappelle
bill hicks - dennis leary stole his act
george carlin
the amazing jonathan - its magic and comedy, can't miss

Man_Of_Steel
04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Jim Gaffigan

terribletowel39
04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Cook, Hedburg, old Murphy stuff and Ron White

JCutlery
04-06-2007, 01:34 PM

Amen to that.

Acreboy
04-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Farley was amazing in improv more than standup IMO If I could bring him back I would. I wish he could have gotten help...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/Acreboy/farley2.gifhttp://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/Acreboy/farley.gif

Phrost
04-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Dave Chappelle's two stand-up specials had me laughing more than any other comedian. I prefer the black comedians, they just have me laughing more.

Phrost
04-06-2007, 02:25 PM

pablo francisco
chris rock
JIM GAFFIGAN
Lenny Bruce
george carlin
richard pryor

-just to name few

Very few know of Brian Regan that guy is amazingly hilarious, just wish he got more publicity.

familyguy555
04-06-2007, 02:30 PM
i love demetri martin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viw5U7yPxo0

Philliez01
04-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I like Jim Gaffigan, Mitch Hedberg and Lewis Black. Dane Cook is okay to me, I'm indifferent on him (he does have moments but the My Son, Optimus Prime is head-scratching) and I really hate Larry the Cable Guy.

The worst is Denis Leary.

Acreboy
04-06-2007, 04:31 PM
I can't believe Aires Spears hasn't been mentioned.

Here is a video of him doing a freestyle couldn't find any stand up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8QgxJG6WvA

DLS42
04-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Demerti Martin
The amazing jonathan
DC Benny
Carlin
Ron White
Mitch.

Belish
04-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Ross Noble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxVec_zCC80

If you like surrealist type humours, he's brilliant.

Big Mike
04-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I can't believe Aires Spears hasn't been mentioned.

Here is a video of him doing a freestyle couldn't find any stand up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8QgxJG6WvA

Because you spelled it wrong.

Phrost
04-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Dave Chappelle stand up clips:
Indian skit (http://youtube.com/watch?v=nrWtntXtLRg)
Monkey sex (http://youtube.com/watch?v=bUxOpSwvfMs&mode=related&search=)
Held hostage on bus (http://youtube.com/watch?v=OcdmQuS2who&mode=related&search=)
Ghetto limo (http://youtube.com/watch?v=D3BIECIJjlI)

Acreboy
04-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Almost forgot Nick Swardson. He is a very underrated stand up comic.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2011708030

Acreboy
04-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Because you spelled it wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPdJxEr2GjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSFhmx1xEqY

Jay
04-07-2007, 09:05 AM
So here's a question for those who say Dane Cook ripped off Louis CK, do you also think Lewis Black ripped off Dennis Leary on his "Rules Of Enragement" CD when he talks about the stair climbers at health clubs in New York City? I personally don't, I just think it's a funny observation that both made, but Dennis Leary did that exact same joke on one of his CD's...

And that is how I feel about the other situation...

A Perfect Score
08-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Dave Chappelle's two stand up specials, Killin Em Softly and For What Its Worth, are two of the funniest things Ive seen in my entire life.

WMD
08-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Dave Chappelle's two stand up specials, Killin Em Softly and For What Its Worth, are two of the funniest things Ive seen in my entire life.
Dave Chappelle is the man. He is no Richard Pryor though!

comahan
08-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Holy 2 Year Bump, APS

Nice job finding an old topic instead of making a new one, though.

keylime_5
08-05-2009, 06:45 PM
I remember this thread : )

Sarah Silverman shout out......one of the very few funny women comedians. One of the funniest comedians period. Edgy/controversial.

A Perfect Score
08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
"My New Year's resolution this year was to stop saying 'You Go Girl' to myself..."

"You know you have a drinking problem when you go to a bar, and the bartender knows your name, and you have never been to that bar..."

Zach Galifianakas Comedy Central Special=******* win

trkaline
08-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Mitchell Hedberg hands and feet down.

holt_bruce81
08-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Mitch Hedberg easily.

I also enjoy Daniel Tosh and Bill Burr is a funny dude.

StackJaxx
08-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Holy 2 Year Bump, APS

Nice job finding an old topic instead of making a new one, though.
its so old that my old username posted in here.
Dave Chappelle, while he may only have 2 shows, both were downright hilarious.

josh07039
08-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, but one name I don't hear mentioned enough is Steven Wright. Some of his jokes are genius.

Stash
08-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Love me some Gaffigan. The Daniel Tosh stand up on Comedy Central was pretty funny too.

WMD
08-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Don't know if they've been mentioned yet, but Jimmy Carr and Stewart Francis are pretty good.

A Perfect Score
08-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Oh, Robin Williams in the 90's, back when he was on coke, was the funniest man on the planet.

the decider13
08-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Demetri, Jimmy Carr, Mitch Hedberg and Patton Oswalt

That is all I need to survive.

SuperMcGee
08-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Cross, Hedberg, Izzard, and Chappelle would be my quartet.

I do need to listen to some more Patton Oswalt, though.

WMD
08-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Oh, Robin Williams in the 90's, back when he was on coke, was the funniest man on the planet.
GASP. Robin Williams never did coke!!

A Perfect Score
08-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Lies. He was on coke from the late 80's to late 90's. You know, when he was funny.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Zach Galifianakis is #1 on my list right now.

Live at the Purple Onion is some of the funniest **** i've ever heard.

senormysterioso
08-05-2009, 11:14 PM
I love Bill Burr and Bruce Bruce

someone447
08-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Mitch Hedberg
Bill Hicks
George Carlin
Jim Jeffries(one of the dirtiest comedians I have heard, and thats saying a lot. He will say absolutely anything.)

themaninblack
08-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Zach Galifianakis is #1 on my list right now.

Live at the Purple Onion is some of the funniest **** i've ever heard.

He is funny as hell. He came out during My Morning Jacket's set last year at Bonnaroo dressed up as orphan Annie with a beer in his hand(visibly ****** up) and he sang 'Home Sweet Home' with the band.

Bigburt63
08-06-2009, 01:10 PM
George Carlin was a genius. So glad I got to see him before he died.

Paul
08-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Mitch Hedberg
Bill Hicks
George Carlin
Jim Jeffries(one of the dirtiest comedians I have heard, and thats saying a lot. He will say absolutely anything.)

I just checked out 'I Swear to God' and dude is awesome. Plus watching him get progressively more drunk throughout the show was great.

no bare feet
08-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Hedberg
Galifianakis
Gaffigan
Louis CK

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-06-2009, 02:54 PM
worst top 10 list ever

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/the-funniest-stand-up-comedians.asp

BTW Louis CK is my 2nd favorite.

UKfan
08-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Frankie Boyle, amazing

nrk
08-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Mitch Hedberg
Bill Hicks
George Carlin

If people haven't heard Bill Hicks they're missing out. He is my favorite comedian.

Twiddler
08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I haven't seen Greg Giraldo get any love. He's one of my favorites. I don't think that he's had anything new since "Good Day To Cross A River" except for all the roasts on Comedy Central, but he's still awesome.

WMD
08-06-2009, 05:07 PM
worst top 10 list ever

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/the-funniest-stand-up-comedians.asp

BTW Louis CK is my 2nd favorite.
Not a terrible list if you take off a couple names and do some rearranging.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Not a terrible list if you take off a couple names and do some rearranging.
Dane Cook ahead of Chris Rock makes me LMAO

Steve Martin last makes me have no faith in mankind.

Beans
08-06-2009, 05:15 PM
mitch hedberg and lewis black

trkaline
08-06-2009, 06:06 PM
I think Eddie Murphy could have been one of the best if he just would have learned to juggle his stand up with his duties as Prince of Zamunda.

A Perfect Score
08-06-2009, 06:07 PM
I watched Delirious yesterday. Awesome.

Yeah, that list isnt too bad, just needs to take Dane Cook off and move a few names around and its good. Robin Williams needs to be higher. Soooooo funny.

themaninblack
08-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Hedberg, and Lewis Black have got to be my top 4 at the moment. Carlin and Hicks are gods.

Brent
08-06-2009, 11:34 PM
I love Lewis Black the most but I have to admit, aside from his show which I think isnt that funny, I think Daniel Tosh's stand-up is great:

0l2A82c48Is

superman8456
08-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Has Ralphie May gotten a mention? I love his stuff.

diabsoule
08-07-2009, 02:30 AM
I've been trying to come up with jokes so I can try my hand at stand-up real soon. I'm nervous just thinking about it.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-07-2009, 02:33 AM
I've been trying to come up with jokes so I can try my hand at stand-up real soon. I'm nervous just thinking about it.if you **** up, just dont miss a beat and make fun of yourself.

btw what interests you? making fun of losers who spend 24 hours a day on COD4 and GOW2 would be pretty funny imo.

diabsoule
08-07-2009, 02:39 AM
if you **** up, just dont miss a beat and make fun of yourself.

btw what interests you? making fun of losers who spend 24 hours a day on COD4 and GOW2 would be pretty funny imo.

Like what comedy interests me or what?

speaking of comedy, I just had to get out of bed and write down a bunch of jokes that came over me. Talk about a terrible time for that to happen. I'm trying to sleep!

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-07-2009, 02:51 AM
Like what comedy interests me or what?

speaking of comedy, I just had to get out of bed and write down a bunch of jokes that came over me. Talk about a terrible time for that to happen. I'm trying to sleep!
i mean what things interest you enough to incorporate them into jokes?

hell Seinfeld slept with a notepad next to his bed. see, you're already on your way!

besides making fun of yourself for being a saints fan is always a last resort....

GB12
08-07-2009, 10:48 PM
So Bob Saget is on comedy central and I thought I'd see how he is. Well everything you've heard about him is true. He's ******* terrible.

diabsoule
08-07-2009, 10:52 PM
So Bob Saget is on comedy central and I thought I'd see how he is. Well everything you've heard about him is true. He's ******* terrible.

Yeah, Saget is unbearable to watch as a comedian. Him and Gilbert Gottfried are two of the world's worst stand up comedians.

trkaline
08-07-2009, 11:03 PM
I've been trying to come up with jokes so I can try my hand at stand-up real soon. I'm nervous just thinking about it.

I've written quite a few jokes myself and one thing I've learned is you have to write in volume because a lot of stuff you think is funny at the time upon rereading becomes a blah...and with jokes about current events or trends you want to write close to your performance otherwise it might not be so current.

josh07039
08-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah, Saget is unbearable to watch as a comedian. Him and Gilbert Gottfried are two of the world's worst stand up comedians.I hate Gottfried but I saw a a Saget special and I thought he was really funny. Just filthy talking about ******* his daughters' friends and stuff like that. Nothing was off limits. Granted some of it was funnier to me knowing that he was on one of the more wholesome shows on television, but I though he played the opposite of that persona nicely.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Watching Mike Birbiglia, he's pretty funny.

aNYtitan
08-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Nick DiPaolo has to get some mention in this thread, I personally think he is funny as ****

And IMO the king is Chappelle, and I don't know how someone can overthrow him

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Nick DiPaolo has to get some mention in this thread, I personally think he is funny as ****

And IMO the king is Chappelle, and I don't know how someone can overthrow him
3eD4iE8jQwo

"i saw this once before when i was a rookie, apparently this ****** broke in a hung up pictures of his family everywhere." LOLZ

"hey baby! go home man it 3 o'clock in the ******* morning what are you doing up?!?!?. the baby said 'I'M SELLING WEED *****!'"

lolz love Dave.

BoneKrusher
08-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Dane Cook
Dave Chappelle

trkaline
08-28-2009, 01:48 PM
3eD4iE8jQwo

"i saw this once before when i was a rookie, apparently this ****** broke in a hung up pictures of his family everywhere." LOLZ

"hey baby! go home man it 3 o'clock in the ******* morning what are you doing up?!?!?. the baby said 'I'M SELLING WEED *****!'"

lolz love Dave.

Chapelle kills, has he had any recent standups?

A Perfect Score
08-28-2009, 01:49 PM
I think just Killin Em Softly and For What Its Worth are his big ones. Honestly, some of the funniest things Ive ever watched in my entire life.

Splat
08-28-2009, 02:16 PM
In no order.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oMktzmxGu5Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oMktzmxGu5Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxIYUMxiraE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxIYUMxiraE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IzzQmOLChSM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IzzQmOLChSM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

aNYtitan
08-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Chapelle kills, has he had any recent standups?

The most recent I recall was his San Francisco standup, which wasn't up to his previous billings, but still funny as ****. I've hear he does some standup from time but there is no big promotion cause of the turnout that would occur

Rosebud
08-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah, Saget is unbearable to watch as a comedian. Him and Gilbert Gottfried are two of the world's worst stand up comedians.

Strongly disagree, I find gilbert hilarious and saget's pretty damn funny at times. Although how epic both were on the aristocrats might make a little biased towards them.