PDA

View Full Version : Steel Man's 7 round mock

steel man
04-04-2007, 11:31 PM
i am going to do a mock without any trades.

1)Lawrence Timmons - OLB - FSU- Vicious hitter and tackler and when he hits you he will lift you out of your shoes. An outstanding pass rusher. is excellent in coverage. versatile and could play in a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme. just what we need ...the next Gregg Lloyd! He is just nasty.

2)Brian Leonard - RB - Rutgers - Too good to pass on! if given the chance he will be a great pro-bowler. fast, strong, quick, "great leaper", smart, gives his all on every play, and will do whatever helps the team

3)Ikaiki Alama-Francis - DE - Hawaii - is a monster! he is Phenomenal.
he will be great at DE in the 3-4. never quits.

4)Anthony Waters - ILB - Clemson - is a hard hitter, and will absolutely take your head off . can play in coverage. can play in both the 3-4 and the 4-3. is a man among boys, a freak.

4A)Tim Shaw - OLB - PSU - is a Brian Urlacher clone, he is fast,strong,good tackler, good hitter, smart, and can learn from Farrior to take over for years to come.

5)Nathan Bennett - OG - Clemson - is ripped to be an OL, so by being in good shape he can be a great pulling OG. He will learn from IMO the best OG in all of the NFL. Same type of player as Faneca.

5A)Dan Mozes - C - WVU - Smart with outstanding instincts and awareness. he is nasty and has a killer instinct. technically sound and does all the little things. an All-American and reminds me of the guy that just retired, Jeff Hartings.

6)Nate Ilaoa - RB - Hawaii - A bowling ball that can catch out of the back field. he is the "Bus" part 2. as long as he does not get hurt, he will be valuable in how the Steelers want to use him. he can be nasty and run right through you.

7)Legedu Naanee - WR - Boise St. this was one of the hardest picks i had IMO. I like Brandon Myles - WR - WVU, Laurent Robinson - WR - Illinois St. also i really liked Matt Trannon - WR - Mich. St. . all of them are fast, tall, and have good hands. if we could get one(or more as an UDFA) of these i will be happy. Naanee came into college as a QB, so with him we will have our trick play guy back. i think will be a great late round sleeper.

pick up as an UDFA:
Brian Smith - OLB/DE - MU - Great Player, hope we can get a steal. hard hitter and smart.

DeathbyStat
04-05-2007, 07:28 AM
I like it but I can't shake my tony hunt love.....does anyone have video of Timmons...I really don't know anything about him

steel man
04-05-2007, 08:21 AM
i was torn between Pat Willis and Timmons, both could end up being great players. i think Willis will be gone by our pick, and that being the case and if they are about equal then take whichever is left.

PittPete
04-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I would be very pleased if the steelers drafted as well as you do. However; I doubt Alama-Francis will be there in round 3 and Shaw in round 4. My favorite lb is still Posluszney. Leonard in round two would be a superb move at diversifying our offense.

mikehop05
04-05-2007, 05:43 PM
yeah i love the mock i just dont think it is very realistic,

im not a huge fan of timmors though,

steel man
04-15-2007, 12:15 AM
do any of you think of any better picks in my mock?

Mr. Stiller
04-15-2007, 01:14 AM
do any of you think of any better picks in my mock?

I Think Anderson could fall to #15 and would indeed be a better pass rusher than Timmons.

I like Leonard, But We need a Guard more than #2 RB. 3 are up for contracts next year, and most might not be back. Blalock or Sears would give us tremendous depth as well as versatile RT/RG guys.

I don't see Ikaika dropping past #2. As for Round 3, I think thats our WR Round. We're taking 1 day 1, I don't see any way around it.

I like Waters, But someone will bite on him early because of potential, Thats a word I don't like on guys that haven't really played a full game the season before the draft. I think DeOssie, Stephen Nicholas or wait a round and grab Rory Johnson.

I don't see Shaw Falling past round 3 (Possibly even 2)

I really really like Bennett, But Guard needs addressed before Rd 5.

I really really like Mozes as well, but he's slow, and is likely to be a udfa Steal.

Ilaoa is looked upon as a UDFA FB.

I Like Naanee But I think someone pulls the trigger in round 6 Hoping for a Marques Colston. I Think Rd 7 is too late for a Reliable #3.

steel man
04-19-2007, 09:16 AM
does everyone still think there is no chance of getting these players in the rounds that i have them?
i really think that this draft has a good chance of really happening.

Mr. Stiller
04-19-2007, 12:50 PM
i am going to do a mock without any trades.

1)Lawrence Timmons - OLB - FSU- Vicious hitter and tackler and when he hits you he will lift you out of your shoes. An outstanding pass rusher. is excellent in coverage. versatile and could play in a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme. just what we need ...the next Gregg Lloyd! He is just nasty.

Depending on smokecreens he could be a late 1st to mid 2nd.

2)Brian Leonard - RB - Rutgers - Too good to pass on! if given the chance he will be a great pro-bowler. fast, strong, quick, "great leaper", smart, gives his all on every play, and will do whatever helps the team

I'd be nervous waiting for him here as he could go earlier, but it's plausible.

3)Ikaiki Alama-Francis - DE - Hawaii - is a monster! he is Phenomenal.
he will be great at DE in the 3-4. never quits.

Francis is likely a round 2 pick.

4)Anthony Waters - ILB - Clemson - is a hard hitter, and will absolutely take your head off . can play in coverage. can play in both the 3-4 and the 4-3. is a man among boys, a freak.

He's being looked at with a 6-7 round tag.

4A)Tim Shaw - OLB - PSU - is a Brian Urlacher clone, he is fast,strong,good tackler, good hitter, smart, and can learn from Farrior to take over for years to come.

Some team could over-draft him as high as round 2.

5)Nathan Bennett - OG - Clemson - is ripped to be an OL, so by being in good shape he can be a great pulling OG. He will learn from IMO the best OG in all of the NFL. Same type of player as Faneca.

This is where I peg Bennett, perhaps even a bit later.

5A)Dan Mozes - C - WVU - Smart with outstanding instincts and awareness. he is nasty and has a killer instinct. technically sound and does all the little things. an All-American and reminds me of the guy that just retired, Jeff Hartings.

Mozes is flirting with UDFA.. He's way too slow to be Hartings... for a "Speedy trap/pulling center he runs a 5.35 and has shown bad work ethic this offseason. If we're looking at a center this late, lets keep who we have and draft John Sullivan in 2008.

6)Nate Ilaoa - RB - Hawaii - A bowling ball that can catch out of the back field. he is the "Bus" part 2. as long as he does not get hurt, he will be valuable in how the Steelers want to use him. he can be nasty and run right through you.

I love Nate, but he's likely not going to be drafted and he's being looked at as a FB only.

7)Legedu Naanee - WR - Boise St. this was one of the hardest picks i had IMO. I like Brandon Myles - WR - WVU, Laurent Robinson - WR - Illinois St. also i really liked Matt Trannon - WR - Mich. St. . all of them are fast, tall, and have good hands. if we could get one(or more as an UDFA) of these i will be happy. Naanee came into college as a QB, so with him we will have our trick play guy back. i think will be a great late round sleeper.

I like these guys, Naanee and Trannon are the only ones likely at rd 7, Trannon IMO should work at becoming a TE.

pick up as an UDFA:
Brian Smith - OLB/DE - MU - Great Player, hope we can get a steal. hard hitter and smart.

steel man
04-19-2007, 03:06 PM
waters a 6-7 th rd pick, i really hope and i hope we get him.

steel man
04-19-2007, 03:12 PM
also if we could get Nate as an UDFA then that would be great also then we could use that pick on someone else.

mikehop05
04-19-2007, 03:53 PM
yeah like adam podlesh the punter from the best school ever, aka UMD

JayA55
04-19-2007, 04:14 PM
I like it but I can't shake my tony hunt love.....does anyone have video of Timmons...I really don't know anything about him

check SI.com and yahoo sports

Mr. Stiller
04-19-2007, 04:54 PM
waters a 6-7 th rd pick, i really hope and i hope we get him.

Personally, if he's a 3-Down LB type, Yea I'd add him. I'm hearing he's a 2 down LB, and if we're getting a day 2 - 2downer I'm totally going to beg for Desmond Bishop.