PDA

View Full Version : Asante Samuel

iloxygenil
04-05-2007, 09:26 AM
What would it require to make a move to pickup Samuel? He has decided he isn't happy in New England under the Franchise tag. I know we have Jimmy as a cornerback, but if we could trade down from #8 to the #24 pick of New England and Asante Samuel, would it be worth it to you guys?

At 24 we could look at Joe Staley as a real option, as well as Michael Griffin, or Reggie Nelson. I think that'd be a pretty fair trade, that's a long way to move down in the draft, but to gain an all-pro, we'd definitely have our 2 man cover corners...

thebow305
04-05-2007, 09:36 AM
What would it require to make a move to pickup Samuel? He has decided he isn't happy in New England under the Franchise tag. I know we have Jimmy as a cornerback, but if we could trade down from #8 to the #24 pick of New England and Asante Samuel, would it be worth it to you guys?

At 24 we could look at Joe Staley as a real option, as well as Michael Griffin, or Reggie Nelson. I think that'd be a pretty fair trade, that's a long way to move down in the draft, but to gain an all-pro, we'd definitely have our 2 man cover corners...

I just saw this too on NFL Network. About him being unhappy in NE. And was wondering the same thing about compensation for him. It seems that many teams are swapping firsts now and NE could look to do the same. I wouldn't mind the phins doing the same.... I love Asante and would love to add him to the team.

As a Dolphin fan though, please don't swap with NE and let them get LaRon Landry, he would kill us.

iloxygenil
04-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Haha. Well I doubt it would happen to be perfectly honest, I think Atlanta is pretty locked in on Jimmy as a corner, and Landry as a Safety. But I really would like to have Joe Staley as our LT =/

Mr. Myogi
04-09-2007, 08:18 AM
This Trade would be more likely on DRAFT DAY
If Landry is off the board by the time Atlanta is on the clock, I don't think that this would be a BAD move.
Atlanta would secure their depth and future, and still be able to draft a replacement for Milloy.

D-Rod
04-09-2007, 09:01 AM
I very much doubt that we have the cash available to offer Samuels the huge contract he is looking for. Besides, I'm not convinced that Samuels isn't a product of the Pats system. Yeah, he's good, but I'm not sure that he's even close to being worth a huge contract.

Mr. Myogi
04-09-2007, 09:17 AM
What Pats System? Samuels is a gambler and an expert of the game.....if he was a product of a system why wasn't the other corner a 10 int guy. He's worth it!
And when they find something to do with Webster the Falcons will have enough.