PDA

View Full Version : Give us your Top 4 picks

Booger
04-05-2007, 12:03 PM
While trading down and accumulating an extra pick or two sounds real nice, the strong likelihood is that we stay put at #4 and make a selection.

We have heard who you dont want, but make your list of top 4 players that you would take at the #4 slot.

Mine as follows:

1. OT Joe Thomas
2. WR Calvin Johnson
3. QB Brady Quinn
4. DE Gaines Adams

While it isnt likely that Russell falls to #4, I just cant picture him being a good fit for the Buccaneers. I know that we have beaten the JT vs CJ debate to death, but I am staying with Joe Thomas being the top player on the Bucs board.

Take JT and move Petitgout to LG.

-black
04-05-2007, 12:13 PM
1. CJ
2. Landry
3. Adams
3 a. Okoye

etk
04-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Wow Booger, that's absolutely the worst board I've ever seen. Not a single soul wants us to take Thomas over CJ, so you're all by yourself there. Then you put Quinn & Adams in there, ugh!

1. CJ
2. Okoye
3. Landry
4. Anderson

Booger
04-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Wow Booger, that's absolutely the worst board I've ever seen. Not a single soul wants us to take Thomas over CJ, so you're all by yourself there. Then you put Quinn & Adams in there, ugh!

I knew that you would like it.

Not a single soul that posts on this message board wants JT over CJ (which is like 5 people), but I can guarantee that the percentage of educated Bucs fans who would take JT is higher than you think.

The Cardinals have two amazing WR's, and they still stink.

etk
04-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I knew that you would like it.

Not a single soul that posts on this message board wants JT over CJ (which is like 5 people), but I can guarantee that the percentage of educated Bucs fans who would take JT is higher than you think.

It's not about position, it's about value. Joe Thomas isn't the elite prospect that he is made out to be, and CJ deserves all of his acclaim. I don't think a short-armed Tackle that has leverage problems will help our QBs get the ball past the line of scrimmage.

-black
04-05-2007, 05:18 PM

1. CJ
2. Okoye
3. Landry
4. Anderson

why Anderson over Adams?

didnt this same Cards team take their "franchise" LT with the number 2 overall pick and wat....never made the playoffs? there are two sides to every story not just the one that fits your arguement

Booger
04-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Joe Thomas isn't the elite prospect that he is made out to be, and CJ deserves all of his acclaim.

Clearly a difference of opinion, not fact.

Booger
04-05-2007, 05:26 PM
didnt this same Cards team take their "franchise" LT with the number 2 overall pick and wat....never made the playoffs? there are two sides to every story not just the one that fits your arguement

Not really a fair comment, as Davis was clearly a bust. Obviously if JT was a bust, it would kind of kill the argument of taking him over CJ.

-black
04-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Not really a fair comment, as Davis was clearly a bust. Obviously if JT was a bust, it would kind of kill the argument of taking him over CJ.

Leonard was not really a bust, he had some decent years and is making a ton of money in Dallas. Its just he was not the value of a top 5 pick. Kenyatta was a bust, Davis is still a starting caliber OL then is solid. But how is it not a fair comment? WR, nor LT made an impact on that abysmal Ari franchise

Caddy
04-05-2007, 06:28 PM
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Joe Thomas
3. Gaines Adams
4. Brady Quinn

-black
04-05-2007, 06:42 PM
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Joe Thomas
3. Gaines Adams
4. Brady Quinn

so i guess its clear your not for taking defense early....

etk
04-05-2007, 07:08 PM

Some people get caught up in the hype of overrated prospects and forget what their true needs are....

Beans
04-05-2007, 07:47 PM
CJ
Okoye
JT
Adams

Tampa 2 4 life
04-05-2007, 07:51 PM
1: CJ
2: Okoye
3: JT
4:Gaines Adams

EDIT: Or, the exact same thing as BeansDooma XP.

Caddy
04-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I apologise for making a list in a thread that says "give us your Top 4 picks'. They are mine and I am entitled too them.

I am also querying the 'overrated prospect tag' used by etk. At our current position at #4 I really don't think the Bucs can make a wrong pick, any one of the 5 or 6 players we have a shot at are going to improve the franchise.

-black
04-05-2007, 09:31 PM
I apologise for making a list in a thread that says "give us your Top 4 picks'. They are mine and I am entitled too them.

I am also querying the 'overrated prospect tag' used by etk. At our current position at #4 I really don't think the Bucs can make a wrong pick, any one of the 5 or 6 players we have a shot at are going to improve the franchise.

I never said you were not entitled to your opinion

Originally Posted by -black

this was my question..

Caddy
04-05-2007, 09:34 PM
I was mainly directing at etk and as regards to my opinion on defense early, I think defense is definitely a need. But at #4 a defensive player may just not be worth it. We have an opportunity to take an elite offensive prospect so I think we capitalise on the opportunity. Lucky for us we have 3 other day 1 picks with which we can take some quality defensive talent.

etk
04-05-2007, 11:31 PM
I just don't like the idea of taking an offensive guy who is not even qualified for such a high pick. Joe Thomas and Quinn are the examples. There are no "bad" picks in this years draft. Gaines Adams would be a decent pick, but I favour Okoye and Anderson because I think they are better fits and I think they're underrated. Anderson would be a great upgrade over Spires at LDE, but I wouldn't be thrilled with the idea of an Adams-Rice combo, because they are both weak against the run. It is a complicated situation, because if we sign Charles Grant and trade Rice, Adams would be the perfect compliment to Grant. Overall I wouldn't mind us taking anyone really except for Thomas/QB.

Sorry cadillac, I had to vent out my anger on someone after seeing Boogers top 4 :)

Ugh, anyone else just want us to trade down as soon as possible? I wouldn't mind extra picks in next years draft either, but I don't think Gruden/Allen have the flexibility. We need as many Day 1 picks as possible, because we have quite the history of Day 2 mishaps and blunders. Taking a risk on a guy like Marcus Thomas might be the answer, or he could turn out to be another Brackins.

Draft anxiety has already struck over me, and it makes it no easier when Booger says some Bucs fans have Thomas #1 on their board.

Caddy
04-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Ugh, anyone else just want us to trade down as soon as possible? I wouldn't mind extra picks in next years draft either, but I don't think Gruden/Allen have the flexibility. We need as many Day 1 picks as possible, because we have quite the history of Day 2 mishaps and blunders. Taking a risk on a guy like Marcus Thomas might be the answer, or he could turn out to be another Brackins.

If we cannot get Calvin Johnson I am all for trading down. Even if it is only 1 spot we will still be able to pickup some Day 1 picks and still probably get the top defensive talent in the draft.

Merlin
04-06-2007, 07:34 AM
CJ
Quinn
Adams
Okoye

If CJ and Quinn are gone, I'm all for trading down, (if it's possible) but no lower than pick #10

TRJ997
04-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Wow Booger, that's absolutely the worst board I've ever seen. Not a single soul wants us to take Thomas over CJ, so you're all by yourself there.

You should check out the message boards at PewterReport.com . . . JT is the overwhelming favorite, and people who stand up for CJ are often reprimanded.

My board:

CJ
JT
Landry
Adams
Okoye

etk
04-06-2007, 10:53 AM
You should check out the message boards at PewterReport.com . . . JT is the overwhelming favorite, and people who stand up for CJ are often reprimanded.

That's exactly why I don't go to pewterreport. If you go to a message board that's all Bucs fans, there's going to be a lot of stupid ones.

Caddy
04-06-2007, 07:09 PM
That's exactly why I don't go to pewterreport. If you go to a message board that's all Bucs fans, there's going to be a lot of stupid ones.

Buccaneers.com is even worse. If those guys knew any less about the draft I'm not sure what lower form of life would be. A lot of the fans from the BBS boards are in favour of Brady Quinn as our first choice ahead of CJ??

Phrost
04-06-2007, 07:14 PM
1. CJ
2. Landry
3. Adams
3 a. Okoye

Yep this would be my big board. Based on the claims that Carnell Williams is in a wheelchair right now, Peterson looks kinda tempting.

Caddy
04-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Yep this would be my big board. Based on the claims that Carnell Williams is in a wheelchair right now, Peterson looks kinda tempting.

I heard that rumour too, but according to the reports that is all it is, a rumour. Hopefully the coaching staff and other players were telling the truth when they said he isn't in a wheel chair.

etk
04-07-2007, 01:07 AM

I would be content with Peterson, because he is such a great player.

j05son
04-07-2007, 01:17 AM
You may not want the opinion of a Browns fan...

But I like you guys with CJ and then Okoye...

CJ is easily the best player in the draft, and I like Okoye a lot. Decent size, good motor, and he's quick. He's a football player. Can't go wrong with a clear cut football player; add in his character and age, and he's special. Plus I think Gruden likes him a lot [from coaching the North in the Senior Bowl]...I don't know if 4 is a bit early for him, but I think he'll be a player and can be in the league a good, good bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the trade down, good luck...Everyone wants to be further down with extra picks, but it's hard with our respected team's positions. Then with the Lions, and that genius Milidiot, you never know what they'll do...Can't go wrong with CJ, Okoye, or Landry in my opinion...

Three Step Drop
04-07-2007, 03:25 AM
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Amobi Okoye
3. Laron Landry
4. Brady Quinn

etk
04-07-2007, 01:56 PM
^that's a pretty good list without Quinn on it.

ks_perfection
04-07-2007, 02:34 PM
1) CJ
2) Quinn
3) JT
4) Adams

Caddy
04-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I know a few of you guys browse the pewterreport forum, I do too occasionally. And you have probably seen a guy with this sig on it:

http://dynaceltech.com/images/pics/matter.png

I reckon its a pretty good sig really.

-black
04-07-2007, 06:28 PM
I know a few of you guys browse the pewterreport forum, I do too occasionally. And you have probably seen a guy with this sig on it:

wheres the Landry Jersey :confused:

lol

etk
04-07-2007, 07:10 PM

It's a decent sig as long as Quinn isn't on it. I love how CJ & Okoye are the first 2 :D

Merlin
04-07-2007, 11:31 PM
It's a decent sig as long as Quinn isn't on it. I love how CJ & Okoye are the first 2 :DJeesh, give it a rest etk for goodness sake!

You don't want Quinn......we get it!....lols

etk
04-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Jeesh, give it a rest etk for goodness sake!

You don't want Quinn......we get it!....lols

Well the more times I reinforce it, the more likely it becomes that you will all be brainwashed into hating him too!

Since you asked, I will stop saying it. For the last time, give Simms your trust and have faith. He's going to make it fun to be a Bucs fan again, like he did in '05.

Caddy
04-08-2007, 01:31 AM
lol. Everyone has there own ideas on who they want and why should we tell them to stop telling us. If etk doesn't want Quinn, let him say it.

What does it really matter. I don't really want Quinn either, but I wouldnt object if we picked him, he is a good player.

Either way, the Bucs are going to get a good player come draft day.

Three Step Drop
04-08-2007, 04:13 AM
Heres a scenario,

CJ, JR and JT have been drafted, do we take BPA or player that most fits our needs ?

I'm watching the draft a lot more closely this year and wondered what the Bucs style is. I know we took the player of need in Joseph with a bit of a reach but can you really reach for a need player at #4 ?

Caddy
04-08-2007, 09:05 AM
If those three are off the board, I think it will be a toss up between Okoye and Adams and Quinn may have an outside chance.

And the whole JR pick wouldn't effect the Bucs draft plans anyway, he doesn't fit the WCO and probably wouldn't be considered even if he was available.

Beans
04-08-2007, 09:18 AM

Wide receivers can't be #21. I think CJ would be 12 or 82.

-black
04-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Heres a scenario,

CJ, JR and JT have been drafted, do we take BPA or player that most fits our needs ?

I'm watching the draft a lot more closely this year and wondered what the Bucs style is. I know we took the player of need in Joseph with a bit of a reach but can you really reach for a need player at #4 ?

hopefully Landry, although Im not sure if Gruden would do it...