PDA

View Full Version : Tony Pashos

leftwich7
04-05-2007, 03:44 PM
what kind of OL is my team getting, does he have upside? pass blocker,run blocker. etc?

dcarey20
04-05-2007, 04:09 PM
In my opinion, Tony Pashos was without a doubt he most improved Raven last year. He had a great season for us. I feel he's pretty well rounded, but if I had to choose, I would definitely say he's a better pass blocker than run blocker. He's huge at 6'7", 335 pounds, and his footwork has been improving every year. He's got upside to get better. One of his weaknesses is he has a tendency to false start often. But obviously that's just a concentration thing.

People who haven't seen him play probably feel he was overpaid, but if he plays for the Jags like he played for us last year, than he'll turn out to be a very nice signing.

Ravens1991
04-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I am not sure how your guys contract is set up with him, but it sounds like you are getting ripped off, but he is average at best

dcarey20
04-05-2007, 04:13 PM
I am not sure how your guys contract is set up with him, but it sounds like you are getting ripped off, but he is average at best

i totally disagree

Ravens1991
04-05-2007, 04:23 PM
really how good do you think he can improve to?

EdReedUnstoppable
04-05-2007, 07:58 PM
He was down right awful up until his contract year last year, then he was a decent RT but he'll never be anywhere near worth what you paid him.

dcarey20
04-05-2007, 08:52 PM
really how good do you think he can improve to?

he wasn't average last year. he was good. he showed outstanding improvement. he's 26 years old and has perfect size for a tackle. he also has decent athleticism for am man his size. there's no doubt he can get better.

its like i said, if he plays like he did last year its a solid deal.

go_ravens94
04-06-2007, 08:53 AM
He was down right awful up until his contract year last year, then he was a decent RT but he'll never be anywhere near worth what you paid him.

I agree 100%.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-07-2007, 07:42 AM
He will be a great OT for you guys, he went up against so many elitle DE's last year and was still part of the o-line that gave up the least sacks in team history. - DE's that he went up against

Derrick Burgges
Aaron Schobel - not the whole game
Julius Peppers
Will Smith - not an elitle DE but had 10.5 sacks
Joey Porter
Kyle Vanden Bosch
Luis Castlio
Justin Smith

We lost a huge part of our o-line and I really wanted us to re-sign him even if it meant the departure of Adalius Thomas. and thats saying somthing!

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 04:11 PM
He will be a great OT for you guys, he went up against so many elitle DE's last year and was still part of the o-line that gave up the least sacks in team history. - DE's that he went up against

Derrick Burgges
Aaron Schobel - not the whole game
Julius Peppers
Will Smith - not an elitle DE but had 10.5 sacks
Joey Porter
Kyle Vanden Bosch
Luis Castlio
Justin Smith

We lost a huge part of our o-line and I really wanted us to re-sign him even if it meant the departure of Adalius Thomas. and thats saying somthing!

These "Great" expectations are a bit far-fetched. You're getting a decent offensive tackle that just finally was able to start last year. You overpaid for his services but that's what the market was dictating so you guys did what you had to do. One year does not make a player great and especially an ex-Raven because we all have seen that once they leave the nest they seem to stumble and fall. Good luck with Tony but don't expect the world.