PDA

View Full Version : Crayton Re-Signed

Achilles33
04-05-2007, 04:24 PM
http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=C34F8A08-C71C-EB94-9FC31464864276B6

D-Unit
04-05-2007, 04:59 PM
A cherry on top of our FA Offseason cake!

04-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Eh, It's alright I guess that pretty much shoots out Drafting a Wide Receiver (Dwayne Jarrett) in the First Day.

Staubach12
04-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Cool beans.

KILLERSANTA
04-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Best news i heard all year!

fryman
04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Eh, It's alright I guess that pretty much shoots out Drafting a Wide Receiver (Dwayne Jarrett) in the First Day.

how does this change anything? We all knew he was coming back, nobody was going to give a 2nd round pick for him.

KILLERSANTA
04-05-2007, 08:48 PM
how does this change anything? We all knew he was coming back, nobody was going to give a 2nd round pick for him.
I would give up a first for crayton...Crayton = Clutch!

KILLERSANTA
04-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Crayton led NFL wideouts in catch percentage (minimum 45 targets) and didn't drop a pass all year

DallCowby1
04-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Great news! Needs to be signed to a multi year contract.

Achilles33
04-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Crayton should definitly hold FG's and PAT's. He probably has the best hands in the NFL, doesn't drop anything, and if something goes wrong, he is a WR so he has ability to make something happen. Not to mention he was a former QB, so we can do some fakes and throw it too. If Crayton were holding, he easily wouldn't have got that TD, but then again, he wouldn't have dropped it either. Whoever came up with the idea of a punter or back-up QB holding it is stupid, because if something goes wrong they are screwed. WHy not have someone athletic? It makes no sense to put a punter or QB there to me.

Staubach12
04-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Crayton should definitly hold FG's and PAT's. He probably has the best hands in the NFL, doesn't drop anything, and if something goes wrong, he is a WR so he has ability to make something happen. Not to mention he was a former QB, so we can do some fakes and throw it too. If Crayton were holding, he easily wouldn't have got that TD, but then again, he wouldn't have dropped it either. Whoever came up with the idea of a punter or back-up QB holding it is stupid, because if something goes wrong they are screwed. WHy not have someone athletic? It makes no sense to put a punter or QB there to me.

Because Romo's a great holder. He dropped one, yeah, but he's done very, very well through his career here. He held at the pro bowl incase you didn't notice.

leroyisgod
04-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I think we'll still look at a WR on day one. If Steve Smith falls to the 3rd round, I'd love to see us grab him.

04-06-2007, 02:00 PM

There were a couple of teams intrested in him. IDK which two I saw that a couple of weeks ago.

robert_in_bigd
04-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Because Romo's a great holder. He dropped one, yeah, but he's done very, very well through his career here. He held at the pro bowl incase you didn't notice.

Crayton does have the best hands in the NFL. I have never (once) seen him drop a pass.

He would make a great holder for the reasons cited.

KILLERSANTA
04-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Crayton does have the best hands in the NFL. I have never (once) seen him drop a pass.

He would make a great holder for the reasons cited.

As far as i know, he only drop one in his hole career....On 4th and 2, His rookie year....Sean "I'm super ***" Taylor hit the ball right out of his hands with his helmet............

Paul
04-06-2007, 07:49 PM
As far as i know, he only drop one in his hole career....On 4th and 2, His rookie year....Sean "I'm super ***" Taylor hit the ball right out of his hands with his helmet............

Jesus, do you know his favorite color and the name of his first child to?

KILLERSANTA
04-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Jesus, do you know his favorite color and the name of his first child to?

Blue, killersanta ;)

Achilles33
04-06-2007, 10:26 PM
I think Crayton should be the holder because he plays a real skill position, not QB. Holders should be athletic, so when something goes wrong they can make things happen. That is why when I coach one day, the best athlete that is a back-up will be my holder. Why would you ever put a punter in there? It is just stupid. You should always have a contengincy plan.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-06-2007, 10:47 PM
punters should never be allowed to hold. If something goes wrong they risk injury or something happening like a garo yupremian throw.

FinChase
04-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I think Crayton should be the holder because he plays a real skill position, not QB. Holders should be athletic, so when something goes wrong they can make things happen. That is why when I coach one day, the best athlete that is a back-up will be my holder. Why would you ever put a punter in there? It is just stupid. You should always have a contengincy plan.

You don't consider QB a skill position???

Achilles33
04-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Yes, but not very athletically skilled. You call Drew Bledsoe or Brad Johnson an athlete?

Im_a_Romosexual
04-07-2007, 11:52 AM
brad johnson is actually a very good athlete

Achilles33
04-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Yea ok. And if he is, he can't do anything if he fumbled a snap. He runs like a 8.5 40.

Burns336
04-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Yea ok. And if he is, he can't do anything if he fumbled a snap. He runs like a 8.5 40.

I could be wrong on this, but it seems odd to me that right about the time TNEW falls of the face of the earth, Achilles33 shows up and starts posting at an insanely high frequency...

Achilles33 doesn't act as "homerish", but i noticed he does like to comment on the same players as tnew did, is quick to write others off (although he isnt billigerant about it anymore), and holds 40 times in high regaurd.

once again, i could be wrong, but if it smells like a rat.....

Im_a_Romosexual
04-07-2007, 05:22 PM

I never said anything about speed. I just said he was athletic

Achilles33
04-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Well I am talking about a good athlete, with 4.6 speed or better, so the person can get up after the fumbled snap, and either run for something, or throw. Crayton runs a 4.57, so he is plenty fast for outrunning PAT units, and was a former QB, so he can throw. Romo ran a 4.94, and he missed it by one yard. Crayton would have waltzed in. I know Romo looks liek a 4.6-4.7, but he is agile, no fast. Crayton would be a perfect holder. Some of the surrest hands in the league, and ability to make something happen if something goes wrong. I don't know why we are argueing about this, lol.