PDA

View Full Version : Jackson... give up on him?

VikesRule
04-05-2007, 08:48 PM
I know that alot of people are on opposite sides of this issue, but I really don't know why some want us to spend a first round pick on a QB. Are we ready to give up on Jackson already? Sure, he didn't play like Ben Roethlisberger in his rookie season, but he had nothing to work with. Would Brady Quinn have done any better? Will drafting Brady Quinn help us at all? Sure, Quinn played against good competiton, but right now our offense is one of the worst in the league in terms of talent level, and we desperately need a playmaker at receiver.

I've bashed Quinn before, but there's no doubt he has talent. Obviously he has better credentials on paper but if we pick him, we just wasted two second round picks last year. If we pickup Quinn, that means we are giving up on next year. I'm not an optimist but I think 8-8 is achieveable with another solid WR or two and a solid offensive lineman. Do we want to wait another whole year for Quinn to develop? I don't want to waste a season, even if we don't have high hopes, things can happen. Jackson could blossom into a playmaker with a rookie receiver, things can happen.

Obviously this is all just speculation, but I really don't think going QB in the first round is the best option.

By the way, I just went though a whole draft post without saying anything negative about Brady Quinn. :D

Yung Flippa
04-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I think it is wat too early to give up on Tavaris. You guys only let him play what, like 3 or 4 games at the end of the season? I like his upside, but then again if someone like Brady Quinn falls to you, I would take it. If you do end up with Brady Quinn, you will have one good back-up in Tavaris, in case Quinn gets hurt or something.

yodabear
04-05-2007, 08:55 PM
No, he started 2 games, give the man a chance.

VikesRule
04-05-2007, 08:58 PM
No, he started 2 games, give the man a chance.

I knew you were wise. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

bonzi
04-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I was hoping for Brand Quinn for awhile until i realized that would not be right. The guy only had 2 games, with little to no tools, we should use our draft picks and get him somthing to work with.

Vikes99ej
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I only give up on him if Brady Quinn is there at 7. I don't want to pass on a prospect like him.

The Dynasty
04-05-2007, 10:10 PM
He has only started in 2 NFL games, which is not enough to say how good he will become in the NFL. If he has a horrible season next year and we have receivers who can catch for him then give him a good challenge but not give up on him. He is Childress' QB and what happens happens. If Quinn gets picked by us then Maybe after 8 games put Quinn in but dont make him start right away.

KWill93
04-05-2007, 10:45 PM
No why give up on a guy that was a rookie and started 2 games.

Crazy_Chris
04-05-2007, 11:00 PM
No we shouldnt give up on T-Jack after his few games he played as a rookie... but if Brady Quinn is available we should take him, you dont look at this in the right way taking quinn isnt giving up on T-Jack or wasting 2 draft picks its not passing on a future franchise QB and i mean whats the worst case scenario there?

say T-Jack blossoms this year and does great than we have a good Backup QB that every team in the league would be drooling over kinda like schaub but much much better of a prospect we could get a lot for quinn in a trade but thats only if T-jack blossoms...

Now lets say T-jack falls on his face this year and next year than we dont have to go searching for another qb we can just put quinn in and im not a huge quinn fan but i would much rather have quinn than some of the other QB's that will be coming in the next years

bearsfan_51
04-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Sign Drew Bledsoe.

The Dynasty
04-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Sign Drew Bledsoe.

Please do not even joke with that. He is a Statue who can throw.

brat316
04-05-2007, 11:30 PM
OHhhkay this is what you do Jackson thinks currently he is on the safe seat is seems that way because you think Boligner is going to make a threat to jackson so you draft another QB brady Quinn if he falls to you in the first if not wait for some gun slinger to come along but mostly Quinn. Then Jackson will have a fire lit under his a1ss knowing that he has actuall competion. Quinn played against the big dogs, Jackson didnt in college. So Quinns like yo i can take Jackson so he has a fire lit under his as12s as well so either way one of them win.

Now that they won the starting job, they always make sure they are prefroming there best becuase look out behind your sholder someones waiting to take that job.

The_Dude
04-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I think that you should change your name to "Borat" because that post was not written in english.

Draft quinn if he's there at 7, because his potential is greater than jackson's. If not, then we roll with jackson and see how great of a "qb developer" Childress is.

Either way, the qb play will stink until we get some offensive help in here (OL, WR, coordinator?). It's not the end of the world.

Severe Punishment
04-06-2007, 03:51 PM
I think that you should change your name to "Borat" because that post was not written in english.

Draft quinn if he's there at 7, because his potential is greater than jackson's. If not, then we roll with jackson and see how great of a "qb developer" Childress is.

Either way, the qb play will stink until we get some offensive help in here (OL, WR, coordinator?). It's not the end of the world.
QFT.

The whole idea behind taking Quinn is taking elite talent. I'm not sure
if kids today just don't understand how to comprehend what it is they read or if it's some sort of mental block that prevents them from understanding (at all) what they read.
T.Jackson might/might not be the answer, I think it'd be pretty stupid to
throw a guy under the bus after 2.5 games.....however, to not have any better plan for the team than "we'll see, so I guess we can pass on premium talent" is an even worse take to have.

Worst case / Best case scenario.
Best case...you have 2 QB's for 3 years who both could take your team to the next level.
Worst case..you've taken 2 young QB's and given them
(1 elite prospect, 1 elite project) and your team a chance to be successful.

I'm not sure how much simpler this could be explained.

wogitalia
04-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Take Quinn if he is there, its not giving up on Jackson, even his biggest fan couldnt say he is any better than a 3 year project. Best case is that TJ is a very good starter in a few years, but why smash his confidence, which didnt seem that great anyway, when you can have a guy like Quinn.

It's not giving up, but you dont stick with Chester Taylor if you can have LT. Its the same situation, Quinn has a higher floor and a higher ceiling, its really an obvious pick. Not taking him because you have a guy with a chance to be good is just stupid management.

Thats like not taking a Ferrari because you have a Porshce that needs a lot of work and the Porsche might end up looking as nice if everything goes to plan.

General Zod
04-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Mark my words, If we go into the season with current QBs. The Vikings will maybe win 6 games this season.

Childress is to much of an arrogent dumbass to admit he is wrong about anything and that he may have made a bad draft choice.

OSUGiants17
04-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I think u guys should draft Quinn if he is still there and have him and Jackson split starts.
________
Cholesterol Forums (http://www.health-forums.org/cholesterol/)

T-Money
04-07-2007, 01:02 PM
i'd give him one more season and if he sux it up bench him

Severe Punishment
04-07-2007, 06:12 PM
i'd give him one more season and if he sux it up bench him
Bench him for WHO ????
Do you get what I'm saying now ? You can't just say ...let's pass on a premium QB talent (this isn't even arguable anymore) for a MAYBE at WR (Ginn / Jarrett) or for a safety when 5 are currently under contract and capable.

To pass on a premium talent is stupid.

wogitalia
04-08-2007, 04:28 AM

Booya! Spot on. It's not that Jackson is bad, or even a bust. It's that Quinn is that much better that even if Quinn were to flop and Jackson to turn out well, it would be a good pick, we just become a team with a very good backup who puts more pressure on the starter.

You are better off getting the QB of the future and then adding his parts, sure JDB and Brohm look good next year, but they dont look any better than Quinn and if the QB thing is solved(Jackson and Quinn together should solve the QB problems) we can target other needs next year, like getting the OL sorted in what figures to be a very good OT class. Or we can reach for a WR that is no more talented than someone we can get in the 2nd and then have to pass on an elite OL talent to draft Brohm. Doesnt make sense to me.

Kid_Ego
04-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I dont see where the argument is. Did Mark Brunell ****** Favres career? Hasslebeck? Kurt Warner? Aaron Brooks? Steve Young ****** Montanas? How about phillip Rivers and drew Beis? Brady and Bledsoe? This is a stupid flipping argument. You bring in the best competion at every position you can let the players decide whos best. If the vikings go into the season with bollinger and jackson as the only two qqbs after all the oppoutunities theyve had to improve then Childress Speilman both need to go period. we invested alot of money in the offensive line now its time to put a man behind them who can win games and if a little competition scares him hes not the right man in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!

the_legend_killer
04-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Give up on him? A guy with 2 career starts at the end of a season?

secondeye
04-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Personally it doesn't make sense to me why some people even thoughtfully entertain the idea of giving up on Jackson. This isn't a 4th round pick, or Gina Toretta type guy that you give up on.

We traded up, we let him start 2 games, and he actually didn't look too bad in moments. He looked like a rookie. good arm, good mobility, made a few rookie mistakes.

It's pretty idiotic. It's either an engrained racism against black QBs (and I do hate to go there) or people are just continuing an unfortunate trend of a low football-IQ in MN, both of which may have been used in the past to run Daunte Culpepper and Randall Cunningham out of town.

Maybe that's not what people want to hear, and it will probably be quickly dismissed as stupid, but I'm at a loss for what else it could be.

secondeye
04-08-2007, 11:21 PM
QFT.

The whole idea behind taking Quinn is taking elite talent. I'm not sure
if kids today just don't understand how to comprehend what it is they read or if it's some sort of mental block that prevents them from understanding (at all) what they read.
T.Jackson might/might not be the answer, I think it'd be pretty stupid to
throw a guy under the bus after 2.5 games.....however, to not have any better plan for the team than "we'll see, so I guess we can pass on premium talent" is an even worse take to have.

Worst case / Best case scenario.
Best case...you have 2 QB's for 3 years who both could take your team to the next level.
Worst case..you've taken 2 young QB's and given them
(1 elite prospect, 1 elite project) and your team a chance to be successful.

I'm not sure how much simpler this could be explained.

You say that as an obvious Brady Quinn fan. What if Drew Stanton shoots up the draft boards and we take him. How would you feel about that?

It isn't as simple or optimistic as you make it sound. The best case scenario is that you have two great QBs and can trade one off to get a high draft pick, higher than the one used on Jackson, if he is the one to go.

The worst case scenario is you have two high round busts.

The most likely scenario is that you have 1 or 2 decent QBs, and you wasted a shot at a premiere RB, DE, DT, or DB.

secondeye
04-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Booya! Spot on. It's not that Jackson is bad, or even a bust. It's that Quinn is that much better that even if Quinn were to flop and Jackson to turn out well, it would be a good pick, we just become a team with a very good backup who puts more pressure on the starter.

You are better off getting the QB of the future and then adding his parts, sure JDB and Brohm look good next year, but they dont look any better than Quinn and if the QB thing is solved(Jackson and Quinn together should solve the QB problems) we can target other needs next year, like getting the OL sorted in what figures to be a very good OT class. Or we can reach for a WR that is no more talented than someone we can get in the 2nd and then have to pass on an elite OL talent to draft Brohm. Doesnt make sense to me.

You guys are saying all this on the faith that Brady Quinn is infinitely better than Tarvaris Jackson. How do you know that Jackson isn't better?

If Detroit can pass up on Calvin Johnson based on the fact that they have Mike Furrey and Roy Williams, I think we can pass on Quinn if we have Jackson and Bollinger.

You don't pass on premium talent? BINGO. That's why you keep the guy you THINK is the man, and why you sold him to the media when you took him much higher than expected, and then you go get PREMIUM TALENT at DL, DB, or RB.

Severe Punishment
04-08-2007, 11:43 PM
You say that as an obvious Brady Quinn fan. What if Drew Stanton shoots up the draft boards and we take him. How would you feel about that?

It isn't as simple or optimistic as you make it sound. The best case scenario is that you have two great QBs and can trade one off to get a high draft pick, higher than the one used on Jackson, if he is the one to go.

The worst case scenario is you have two high round busts.

The most likely scenario is that you have 1 or 2 decent QBs, and you wasted a shot at a premiere RB, DE, DT, or DB.
This is the stupidist thing I've read yet. You obviously don't take your own
advice when it comes to taking elite talent..or perhaps your hard on for Jackson is draining to much blood from the head on your shoulders.
Stanton isn't an elite talent. Jackson wasn't an elite talent.
Brady Quinn is. Get over it.

Kid_Ego
04-09-2007, 12:18 AM
If Jackson is the man we believe wouldnt bringing in quinn make more sense? then wed make a weakness aa strong point? Lets see once again.
Montana-Young Super Bowl
Favre-Brunell-Detmer-Warner-Hasselbeck-Brooks- Super Bowl
Bledsoe-Brady Super Bowl
Breis-Rivers More then likely at some point in hte next five years will be going

So you make a weakness your strength. What area does this team more help at? What Nfl team has went to a superbowl with out quality Qb play and won?
He doesnt have to be elite but he does have to be quality a second year player and a career journeyman do not represent quality.

Dl and wide out can both be addressed later. You have a shot to take a quality player you select either AD BQ with out a freaking doubt. both would improve our team Both would make help patch this sinking titanic of a off season. I still cant believe with all the qb's that have been available we havent made a freaking move yet. Its amazing!!!!!!!!! Childress andspeilman have left this organization no choice but to draft a qb in the first round.

tylere0814
04-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah the front office has been a joke lately... But draft Quinn would be a good idea, but so would drafting Adrian Petersen. We need playmakers more than anything else. And Brady Quinn is a playmaker, he makes plays... he gets the ball where it needs to be. AD would compliment Taylor so well that we could run the ball 35-40 times a game.

DHVF
04-09-2007, 10:26 PM
At this point, I cannot say that it would be a bad idea at all to draft Brady Quinn. Granted it almost assuredly won't happen, but if the opportunity presents itself we have to jump. I mean, out of all the positions on the football field, which is the hardest to acquire? Also, what's the one position in which it is virtually impossible to acquire someone of elite caliber? That's right it's at quarterback. Seriously, how many good QBs do you see on the free agency market (Brees is really the only exception that I can think of and he had the big injury question)? I have finally come to the realization that you do not pass on a player who is the elite kind of prospect that Quinn is, all because you have a late second rounder from last year. If Jackson really does have the kind of potential that some people believe he has, he will be successful regardless and if nothing else give us options in the future. It's really not giving up on him as much as it is giving our francise a better chance to succeed. Players at other positions can be obtained through trades and free agency, but the elite kind of talent that Quinn is only comes via the draft.

Kid_Ego
04-10-2007, 02:29 AM
Perfectly said. Your not giving up on anyone. competition creates champions.

VikesRule
04-13-2007, 09:06 AM
This is the stuidist thing I've read yet. You obviously don't take your own
advice when it comes to taking elite talent..or perhaps your hard on for Jackson is draining to much blood from the head on your shoulders.
Stanton isn't an elite talent. Jackson wasn't an elite talent.
Brady Quinn is. Get over it.How do you already know that Quinn is an elite talent? Because most NFL Draft websites have him as the #2 or #1 QB? Alot of people thought Ryan Leaf would be good. Look at how that turned out. Quinn isn't guarenteed to be a star, nobody is, with the exception of Calvin Johnson. Alot of people want to take Quinn to "push" Jackson or whatever, but Quinn won't do anything next year if we draft him, especially with nobody at receiver. Then, if Quinn flops, we'll have wasted a first rounder on him and still be in the same situation. There are plenty of good QB prospects that come out every year, I'd much rather see what Jackson can do with a year under his belt than hoping that Quinn is the real deal and that he can perform great with nobody around him.

Bottom line for me is that young QBs are almost always successful if you surround them with talent. Maybe Tom Brady can do it without anyone but most other QBs take time and talent around them. If we draft Quinn, as many suggest we do, we are only taking a step backwards for this year. I'd rather not do that, instead, if there isn't anyone we like at pick 7, trade down if we can, and if we can't take the best player available. I'm hoping the Quinn to Cleveland rumors are true so that we won't have to think about taking him.

Severe Punishment
04-13-2007, 03:27 PM
How do you already know that Quinn is an elite talent? Because most NFL Draft websites have him as the #2 or #1 QB?
that was almost 10 years ago. Before the web, numerous T.V. sports only outlets and scouting departments going from 3 guys to hundreds. The scouting aspect was recognized (in the late 90's) as a definitive way to keep talent on your team as a constant. This had to do with Free Agency being more prevelant and Jimmy Johnson masterminding the Cowboys of the 90's , who were so good and so deep that when they won their first title, the 3rd string was better , talent wise, than 1/2 of the league. Jimmy Johnson will eventually go down as 1 of the best coaches of his era and perhaps more. The man was a genius.

Anyways, players are put under more scrutiny than ever, and teams don't like taking gambles , especially in the top 10. When you gamble and lose (Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Troy Williamson, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams) your team almost always picks top 10 again the next year.

Brady Quinn has ALL THE TOOLS PLUS the intangibles that 99% of Qb's don't have, not to mention the 2 year "head start" on being prepared for the NFL (just listen to some of the Qb's and listen to their words about how important it is to learn how to get to practice, live within the time frames and schedules, not to mention handling the pressure and the media) Brady Quinn is as prepared for the NFL (when it comes to everything outside gamedays) as Leinart was last year....probably as much with a better understanding of the week leading up to the games. because of Weis. PLUS he has a big time arm, good footwork, ability to recognize coverage, pressence in the pocket...scrambling ability...ect , ect.. it's not as much my personal opinion as it is, remarks and reports from scouts. Honestly I don't think he'll be the 2nd QB taken. I think if Oakland does in fact go with CJ. Quinn will end up being higher on more
draft boards than Russell.

Alot of people thought Ryan Leaf would be good. Look at how that turned out. Quinn isn't guarenteed to be a star, nobody is, with the exception of Calvin Johnson. It's called hypcrisy...look it up.
www.webster.com (http://www.webster.com)

Alot of people want to take Quinn to "push" Jackson or whatever, but Quinn won't do anything next year if we draft him, especially with nobody at receiver. You have to be under 20. The point of competiton
is a part of a good buisness plan where competition results in higher
production. Jackson is a raw project at best. Now he may or may not
be good enough 1 day to take the helm...but the Vikings are the ONLY team under the dillusion that "some day" is now. Throwing him under center last year was a mistake and now we're left with 0 Qb's on the roster worth jack squat. Jackson is to big a question mark. Quinn would
come in better prepared, with better skills, better everything...it's not even debateable.

Then, if Quinn flops, we'll have wasted a first rounder on him and still be in the same situation. Good ...let's not draft a Qb because we have a "what if" , just silly. Your crush on substandard talent
is nausiating.

There are plenty of good QB prospects that come out every year, And Jackson wasn't 1 of them. Neither was Bollinger and Drew Henson should've stuck it out in baseball. The Vikings DO NOT HAVE ELITE TALENT AT QB...Quinn is an elite talent.
This notion that "plenty of Qb prospects come out every year" might sound in theory to be right, but it's not. This year Quinn is really the only NFL ready Qb, last year there were 2. The Titans lucked out with Young and the year before ...and before...show that QB's DON'T come along every year. If your team has a shot at grabing an elite 1 that all 32 teams see as a "can't miss" you take him. I don't care if we had Joe Montana starting in his heyday, you take Steve Young...err Daunte Cullpepper, err Brady Quinn.

I'd much rather see what Jackson can do with a year under his belt than hoping that Quinn is the real deal and that he can perform great with nobody around him. You're in the minority I believe. Most Viking fans want the team to win and win now. If we go into the season with Jackson , Bollinger and Henson as the 3 Qb's you're going to see the Vikings sell out streak come to an end..and fans clamoring to mock draft boards around week 10 as the season (as far as the Vikings are concerned) will be over with.

Bottom line for me is that young QBs are almost always successful if you surround them with talent. Maybe Tom Brady can do it without anyone but most other QBs take time and talent around them. If we draft Quinn, as many suggest we do, we are only taking a step backwards for this year. Other moves can be made, we still have 6 other draft picks to acquire talent. If we land Quinn...why not save the cliff jumping act for this time next year. At least we'd have direction. Right now we have very little.

I'd rather not do that, instead, if there isn't anyone we like at pick 7, trade down if we can, and if we can't take the best player available. I'm hoping the Quinn to Cleveland rumors are true so that we won't have to think about taking him.
And I'm praying that Quinn doesn't end up in Detroit ....because those 2 wins every year quickly become loses. for the last 2 years. The Vikings have quickly sunk to the bottom of the division as far as overall talent is concerned.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Bench him for WHO ????
Do you get what I'm saying now ? You can't just say ...let's pass on a premium QB talent (this isn't even arguable anymore) for a MAYBE at WR (Ginn / Jarrett) or for a safety when 5 are currently under contract and capable.

If that was the case, then you guys wouldn't pass up on Adrian Peterson would you? LaRon Landry? To pass up on premium talent is stupid.

Phrost
04-14-2007, 01:59 PM
If that was the case, then you guys wouldn't pass up on Adrian Peterson would you? LaRon Landry? To pass up on premium talent is stupid.

YOU should have gave up on Samardzija earlier. LOL

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-14-2007, 02:02 PM
YOU should have gave up on Samardzija earlier. LOL

He's still makin millions in the major leagues. =)

russie
04-14-2007, 02:05 PM
it's just a shame he's playing for the cubs

Severe Punishment
04-14-2007, 05:44 PM
To keep within the content of the question, you take Quinn.
Would I be horribly upset if we took AD or Landry ? No, but it'd be the franchises WORST mistake if Quinn was available and they took someone else. (yes, worse than the H.Walker deal)

swagger
04-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Quinn was available and they took someone else. (yes, worse than the H.Walker deal)

Wow. You should really work on not letting your man love and sexual admiration of Brady Quinn get in the way of plausible thought.

And now, I'm not just being a prick and picking a fight. You are the one who used these adjectives to describe Quinn:

good looking and WHITE

rich , handsome

The moral if the story is that you're biased, and nobody should really care what you say, or put any serious thought into the text that flies out of your IP. You are literally the only person who I've encountered on a msg board who has brought up physical attractiveness to support a player/prospect. Congratulations!

Severe Punishment
04-14-2007, 08:52 PM
You obsess over me alot on here.
Way to take a bunch of quips out of context to make a funny.
You should feel very proud (sarcasm)...and the fact is, you hate Quinn
because of all those attributes.

the Laos
04-14-2007, 08:53 PM
You are literally the only person who I've encountered on a msg board who has brought up physical attractiveness to support a player/prospect. Congratulations!

hahahaha game, set, match.

Severe Punishment
04-14-2007, 08:56 PM
20 posts...either a troll, or you've stooped to a new low of creating other I.D.'s to "get me"...sad, just sad.

swagger
04-14-2007, 09:07 PM
you hate Quinn because of all those attributes.
Wrong. I don't like him for other (more legitimate) reasons, though. But if you are in love with him because you find him attractive, hey, more power to you. This is 2007, after all- it's almost a normalcy.

20 posts...either a troll, or you've stooped to a new low of creating other I.D.'s to "get me"...sad, just sad.
Wrong again. That ain't me.

Good work keeping with your trend of wrongness.

Severe Punishment
04-14-2007, 09:11 PM
you have the mindset of a 5th grader who thinks this is a school yard.
I pity you.

swagger
04-14-2007, 09:26 PM
you have the mindset of a 5th grader who thinks this is a school yard.
I pity you.

Yep, because saying things like...

It's starting to sound like the "Childress effect" is trickling down to the idiot fans.

...is sooooo unlike a 5th grader in a school yard, eh?

I pity you.

Severe Punishment
04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Your every post is about me or what I say, you have a case of ENVY not pity, shame you don't know the difference.

the Laos
04-14-2007, 09:35 PM

nearly a 1000 posts in a span of 2 months? quite a resume you're building. it wouldn't hurt to get outside though, just a thought.

swagger
04-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Your every post is about me or what I say, you have a case of ENVY not pity, shame you don't know the difference.

You are a riot. Seriously, you're living in your own little world. Envy of what??? Please offer a legit answer.

TigerBait45
04-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Why in the world would you get rid of Tarvaris Jackson? This guy has all the tools, he just needs some time to improve. If you're gonna take Quinn, keeping Jackson probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Kid_Ego
04-15-2007, 04:38 AM
m not sure anyone said give up on him as much as we are saying have a back up plan and bring in competition. I dont understand how any one would wnat or expect less. This Offense is horrible I dont see anyone on this entire Offense who irriplaceable.

Kid_Ego
04-15-2007, 04:49 AM
the Bottom line is this I dont give a **** what color he is or even how fast or how high he can jump. Our defense has several older veterens Williams sharper winfield Lets not waste these guys glory years rebuidling in a maybe?
Even taylor isnt exactly you nor is hutchinson birk or mckinnie those guys make up the core of this team we dont need a hope and a dream we need solid production and we wont get that by not creating a competitive atmosphere on offense. and both quinn and peterson represent that. Give us laundry or a de or dt look at our schedule and honestly tell me how do we win ten games?
Any one is is comfortable with the playeers we have on this offese is truely optimisitc I honestly dont see 5 wins with this lineup!!!!!!

Jimmy
04-15-2007, 07:11 AM
you clearly take quinn at #7 if he is there... your at a great situation where you will get a great player who will drop to you...

i just think you can't worry about the past when drafting. go by what could help the most

amesbear
04-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Just throwing this out there... What if we took AD in the first, Stanton in the second, Brian Robison in the third, and Paul Williams in the fourth? Then we get a gamebreaker RB, a quality QB who played top competition in college, a really good DE and a big strong WR who can make plays after the catch. I would be very pleased if this happened. I know Brady Quinn is a great player and I wouldn't be mad if we got him but I would just rather have AD at 7 and Stanton in the second round. I know Stanton may be a reach but I am assuming we don't do any kind of trading. If we traded down and got him late second or early third that would be better.

Severe Punishment
04-15-2007, 11:53 AM
The only 2 QB's in this draft that should be looked at are the top 2 (Quinn and Russell) otherwise drafting another crappy project only furthers our
stay in medicore-land.

brat316
04-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Quinn or wait till next year and see who there is, but i dont remeber any qbs who decided to stay an extra year like Quinn.

Take Quinn the qbs taht stayed and extra year have a better chance of successe then those that come out early. Like Manning, Lineart, McNabb,

Severe Punishment
04-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Brian Brohm and Colt Brennan both stayed.

Other Qb's who might be 1st round worthy by thins time next year
include Colt McCoy (just love that name) John David Booty, Chad Henne,
and Mathew Stafford.

Crazy_Chris
04-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Yea im definatly against taking any QB other than the top 2 this year

DHVF
04-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Brian Brohm and Colt Brennan both stayed.

Other Qb's who might be 1st round worthy by thins time next year
include Colt McCoy (just love that name) John David Booty, Chad Henne,
and Mathew Stafford.
Ick....nobody there really excites me at all.

Severe Punishment
04-16-2007, 12:23 AM
eh, they're all alright, don't think any of them is anything that special.
I do think that Stafford has the best arm of all of them and will probably be a top 10 pick someday.

swagger
04-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Other Qb's who might be 1st round worthy by thins time next year include Colt McCoy (just love that name) John David Booty, Chad Henne, and Mathew Stafford.

Stafford is a freshman, sport.

Severe Punishment
04-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Stafford is a freshman, sport.
Actually he's a sophomore....my bad, thought he'd be a junior this year.

mikevick7owns
04-16-2007, 06:57 PM
if jamarcus russell somehow fell would you draft him?

i dont know how he would fit into the west coast offense at all, but its possible.

im really having a hard time between russell and quinn at #3 for the browns.

DHVF
04-16-2007, 07:03 PM

i dont know how he would fit into the west coast offense at all, but its possible.

No way, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. If we take Russell I give up on football.

Crazy_Chris
04-16-2007, 10:33 PM

Shouldnt be any trouble if JaMarcus Russell manages to fall to #3 phil savage pick him in a heartbeat

amesbear
04-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I don't think this is even a problem worth worrying about. The only way he falls to us at 7 is if we find out he is dealin coke and chiefin the herb.

Severe Punishment
04-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Quinn or Russell ....either would be an upgrade.

We need an elite player, not another question mark prospect.

FatViking
04-19-2007, 10:20 AM
If Detroit can pass up on Calvin Johnson based on the fact that they have Mike Furrey and Roy Williams, I think we can pass on Quinn if we have Jackson and Bollinger.

Ok, how about we don't look towards what the Lions do for how we go about managing the Vikings.

The reason we don't draft Quinn is because he is not worth the number 7 pick, there are dozens of draft picks worth more than him in talent. He is a system quarter back at best. If Peterson is still on the board, we have to draft him due to his talent. Plus how could having two good running backs hurt us? It could only take more pressure off of T-Jack and give him room to develop.

Severe Punishment
04-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Since when isn't B.Q. a top 7 talent ?
Dumbest 1st post ever, welcome to the board.

FatViking
04-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Since January 3 vs. LSU, when Quinn went 15 for 35, two int, with just two tds and 150 yards.

Severe Punishment
04-19-2007, 03:57 PM
hahahahahaah....classic ignorant post.
Quinn is the most prolific QB of the last 2 years. Go ahead, look it up...I'll wait.

And FYI Quinn can't complete passes when Dorsey was on his ass 2 steps into his dropstep every snap. You should actually watch the game instead of using stats to try and justify your hatred.

FatViking
04-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Every game he played against high rated teams there was always an excuse. So many games against NFL teams before that list of excuses allow you to realize the hype he has been made of?

Severe Punishment
04-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Here'a few facts for ya.
Coming out of High School he was the highest rated QB in the country.
In college he played in a pro style offense (under both Ty Willingham and
Charlie Weis)
Last year he was projected as a top 5 pick had he come out and
was almost a lock to be #1 this year all the way up until
January.
Charlie Weis stated that BQ would be the NFL's 3rd best QB within 3 seasons.
Over the last 2 seasons...there is NO other QB in the country who has thrown for more yards or TD's. all the while he threw for fewer than 12 INT's.
He's as polished a QB as Matt Leinart and has MORE tools to work with (stronger arm, better mobility)

He put up quality #'s against top tier competition , despite having very little help offensivly and ZERO help defensivly.

If you can't figure out that football is a different game when it's tied
then it is being down 14 then you have no buisness opening your mouth
or typing on a keyboard when it comes to football.

FatViking
04-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Here'a few facts for ya.
Coming out of High School he was the highest rated QB in the country.
In college he played in a pro style offense (under both Ty Willingham and
Charlie Weis)
Last year he was projected as a top 5 pick had he come out and
was almost a lock to be #1 this year all the way up until
January.
Charlie Weis stated that BQ would be the NFL's 3rd best QB within 3 seasons.
Over the last 2 seasons...there is NO other QB in the country who has thrown for more yards or TD's. all the while he threw for fewer than 12 INT's.
He's as polished a QB as Matt Leinart and has MORE tools to work with (stronger arm, better mobility)

He put up quality #'s against top tier competition , despite having very little help offensivly and ZERO help defensivly.

If you can't figure out that football is a different game when it's tied
then it is being down 14 then you have no buisness opening your mouth
or typing on a keyboard when it comes to football.

Well I got a little story for ya buddy. Here's a few facts about an actual top five pick at QB. He led his highschool team to winning a state title, averaged over 300 yards a game his last year in college and threw for a record (at the time) 33 tds. Not to mention he finished top three in the Heisman vote. In the draft he was the second quarterback taken (after a guy named Peyton).

Yep you guessed it master of football, Ryan Leaf. Hype gets a lot of quarterbacks money, few of them get rings.

Severe Punishment
04-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm sorry, did you say RYAN LEAF ??? well there you have it. No QB with college production could ever have success in the NFL.

oh, btw, way you failed to point out that Leaf's junior year
was his 2nd starting and his sophomore season was nothing to write home about.
He was a 1 year wonder who was drafted on a Charger team that hadn't had more than 5 wins in the previous 3. The whole team lacked talent,...but leave it to a complete bofooon to try and compare that with a guy who has 4 years of starting expereince and was considered a top 10 prospect after his sophomore year, considered a top 5 pick last year and is again considered a top 10 player this year..really comparable.

Couldn't you find someone from this decade to compare him to ???
seriously, Ryan Leaf came out when..1998 ???? so in 9 years we haven't had another QB with college production come into the NFL and have success ???? ...or hell about about the same draft. With Peyton manning
someone who Quinn's college career better resembles.
Both highly prolific, both had to endure retards inciting riots with banners saying "he can't win the big game" , both were projected top 10 picks who went back to school and had their games overanaylzed to a point where some 1 year fluke like Leaf was being pimped (by the same Manning haters).

You see skippy, story time is great and all but without a moral to the story it's useless.

The moral to this one is ..Brady Quinn better resembles Peyton Manning from that 1998 draft where the 1 hit wonder Ryan Leaf better resembles
a certain "big armed physical wonder" from L.S.U.

tylere0814
04-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow... this discussion is entering the relm of "POINTLESS"

Fact of the matter is. If Brady Quinn is still on the board at 7, there is no reason why we shouldn't take him. That is unless AD is still there too. But i dont see any scenario where BQ and AD are both on the board.

As a long time Vikings fan, I am planning/praying for either AD OR BQ.

but like i've said numerous times before, whomever we select will each force or team to go in a different direction as far as the off season goes.

BQ and TJack would fight for the starting job, and would make for an exciting battle.

AD would be the face of our team, and be the ONE and only playmaker we've got. Would allow Childress to call 40 running plays a game, and let TJack slowly get his feet wet.

The Dynasty
04-20-2007, 03:16 PM
It looks like Redskins and Dolphins talking about a possible trade up if Quinn is there at 6.

FatViking
04-20-2007, 03:44 PM
The moral to this one is ..Brady Quinn better resembles Peyton Manning from that 1998 draft where the 1 hit wonder Ryan Leaf better resembles
a certain "big armed physical wonder" from L.S.U.

Manning went first in the draft; nearly all projections have Jamarcus going before your little college love no matter where both of them fall.

As for other examples of high drafts picks spent on the second quarterback in a draft:

Joey Harrington after David Carr. Harrington broke numerous records while he started for three years at Oregon and actually won a couple bowl games. He finished in the top four for the Heisman voting in 01. Sure looks like he was a good investment now.

Byron Leftwich after Palmer. At Marshall Leftwich broke nearly broke records putting himself in numerous second places behind Chad Pennington's records there. He even won an MVP while winning a bowl game. I will give you this; Leftwich has had some a couple of really good seasons over the past few years. But the fact now is he has been competing for a starting job with Garrard, a forth rounder. A forth rounder.

Rivers after Manning. No doubt Rivers has worked out so far with LT running along side him, but there wasn't much hype about him. Manning however sure hasn't so far and look at all the hype he had.

Then we have Aaron Rogers after Alex Smith, but this one still has no results due to Brett Farve throwing touchdowns out of a walker.

The fact is last year was a draft that will never compare to other drafts at the QB position. Vince will be amazing for years to come sparing any injury. And Leinart should throw up some amazing stats as well. Hell, even Cutler should work well in the system he has found himself in.

As much as you want Brady Quinn to be everyone's hero he is just another big first rounder QB with a question mark surrounding his name. Get a hanger for his rookie jersey so you can place in the closet next to Joey Harrington rookie jersey. And even after the first two QBs in some of these drafts there were even more misses: Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, Tim Rattay, J.P. Losman and possibly Jason Campbell. All first rounders.

Brady Quinn is going to be that next first round miss. I sure hope Phil Savage choses to ruin another season for Cleveland rather than letting good ol' Rick and Brad do it in Minnesota.

Kid_Ego
04-20-2007, 10:25 PM
First Id just like to say harrington has had alot of help frist in detriot then he goes and plays in an entirely new system in miami which they gave up on him after one year. had the packers done that the first time Brett favre threw 20 ints we would all know how good Rodgers is.

Second im not sure how a guy who played in the super bowl last year is thrown in the busts catagory especially since last year was his first full year at qb

Third I can think of alot of first rounders who lost there jobs to late rounders that doesnt exactly make them busts. I remember that happening a few years ago in New England.

Can we give Jason Campbell a shot to play a couple years before we throw him in thescrap heap?

Personally I didnt think JP losman looked that bad when he handed the vikings their ass. And last year Id say he played pretty well. Atleast better then anyone we had on our roster.

Phil Savage is very good at his job. I assure you he will more then make the right descions for his team. I also Assure you had we got him in minnesota we wouldnt of taken two steps back last year.

The basic moral to this story is simple Qb's have to land in a good situation to succeed Lienart landed on a very good team. Vince young landed on a very young but well coached team. Cutler landed in a great situation. We are neither well coached or very talented on the offensive sie of the ball. That became ever so obvious last year as other peoples defenses steadily out socred our offense.

Brady Quinn would be a nice fit for a west coast offense. Hed be a better fit at the number two pick at detriot which i just keep thinking that is where hes going.

Severe Punishment
04-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Holy Christ, U2 have serious issues.

All I know is when you have a chance to take a Peyton Manning you do it.
You don't worry about what people will think...especially when you're hoisting the Lombardi at the end of the season.

Kid_Ego
04-21-2007, 03:54 AM
Brady Quinn is no Peyton Manning that is crazy!!!!!!!!
And this arguement is mute I doubt Brady is there and if he is I even doubt more that the vikes would take him. When the Eagles still have a couple wide outs they havent traded us who cant catch the ball. Or a guard who didnt start. There has to be a KNock down childress trade out there some where. Maybe the Number 7 over all for Correll Buckhalter or Jerome Mcdougal something that makes no freakin sense the vikings trade the number 7 pick to the eagles for their 7th rounder and the rights to JAWS if he ever decides to come out of retirement

FatViking
04-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Wow, if he was another Peyton Manning he would be going number 1, or at least be the first quarterback taken, which he won't and that is why this is an issue for the Vikings. We are only the second team, third if you want to count Detroit, in the draft that is projected to even think about drafting him by the 7th pick.

As for a QB getting into the situation to be successful, you are completely right. But just because Grossman got into the Super Bowl doesn’t make him a great quarterback, he is not someone who can take things on his shoulders. But I don't blame him for losing the Super Bowl, it was their D, the Bears got there because of outstanding D and a few weapons of the other side of the ball that could score some points. In the SB they gave away over 400 yards. But when he had a chance to shine and show if he could take over games, he failed.

A first round QB, especially a top 10 first round QB should be the future, a franchise type player, not someone who can score 10 points a game and know they stand a chance to win. We are not looking for one guy who might put us past the playoffs mark. We are looking for someone who can win us games. Brady Quinn is not that player.

FatViking
04-21-2007, 11:20 AM
You don't worry about what people will think...especially when you're hoisting the Lombardi at the end of the season.

I guarantee, I don't care what team takes Brady Quinn, if he starts this season at any time for them before the playoffs, that team will not be hoisting the Lombardi at the end of the season. Guaranteed.

Severe Punishment
04-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow, if he was another Peyton Manning he would be going number 1, or at least be the first quarterback taken, which he won't and that is why this is an issue for the Vikings. We are only the second team, third if you want to count Detroit, in the draft that is projected to even think about drafting him by the 7th pick.

Ummmm....you must be to young to remember the Peyton Manning / Ryan Leaf controversy. Manning was the clear cut #1...but the split on draft day was 50/50.
Experts can only grade prospects....both Manning and Leaf graded out around the same. Some even labeled Leaf the "prospect with the lower floor" because of his "Giant arm".....this year it's the exact same thing.
The big arm of Russell makes him a 'better fit' for the Raiders....however if he doesn't go #1....I can see him slipping to 6 or so. He's not that great of a QB...prospect ? sure..but his mechanics aren't consistent, he only has 29 career
starts and has alot longer to go than Quinn does.
If the Raiders make JR the top pick, I promise you they don't win 3 games next year.

And when did I say anything about Quinn hoisting the Lombardi his first year ????????

Jesus, get a clue...here, how about this.
You don't pass on getting a ferrari because you managed to overpay for a
top of the line Honda Civic the year before.

Kid_Ego
04-24-2007, 03:02 AM
Well lets face it doesnt matter who the raiders take with the first pick if they dont address their line. they already have a loaded wide out crew who cant even get open due to the fact thier qb is sacked with in 3 seconds of the time the play starts.

And as far as this arguement goes The Best qb doesnt always go first

Manning
Brady
Favre
McNabb
Rivers
Green
Bulger
Culpepper
None of these qbs were taken first pick over all all of them when healthy are better then the guys taken much earlier then them all of them have played in playoff games and some in superbowls
So the whole Critics know everything is ********
Also Intangibles come into play along with solid coaching and consistant coaching staffs. I hate the whole System QB argument The fact is ALL QB'S ARE BETTER WHEN THEY PLAY IN A CONSITANT SYSTEM.

FatViking
04-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Well lets face it doesnt matter who the raiders take with the first pick if they dont address their line. they already have a loaded wide out crew who cant even get open due to the fact thier qb is sacked with in 3 seconds of the time the play starts.

And as far as this arguement goes The Best qb doesnt always go first

Manning
Brady
Favre
McNabb
Rivers
Green
Bulger
Culpepper
None of these qbs were taken first pick over all all of them when healthy are better then the guys taken much earlier then them all of them have played in playoff games and some in superbowls
So the whole Critics know everything is ********
Also Intangibles come into play along with solid coaching and consistant coaching staffs. I hate the whole System QB argument The fact is ALL QB'S ARE BETTER WHEN THEY PLAY IN A CONSITANT SYSTEM.

Well, both Manning brothers were picked first overall in each of their drafts.

The system qb argument is a solid argument because each team has different requirements from the QB position. Manning has been destroying records and finally just won his first Super Bowl. The one who owns most of these records, Dan Marino never won it all. Trent Dilfer wasn't being lifted on his shoulders in 2000 because of his amazing skills and numbers, but he has ring thanks to playing for the Ravens with that amazing D. Numbers don't compare to wins and rings, and the want to win is one intangible no coach can create in a player.

FatViking
04-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Ummmm....you must be to young to remember the Peyton Manning / Ryan Leaf controversy. Manning was the clear cut #1...but the split on draft day was 50/50.
Experts can only grade prospects....both Manning and Leaf graded out around the same. Some even labeled Leaf the "prospect with the lower floor" because of his "Giant arm".....this year it's the exact same thing.
The big arm of Russell makes him a 'better fit' for the Raiders....however if he doesn't go #1....I can see him slipping to 6 or so. He's not that great of a QB...prospect ? sure..but his mechanics aren't consistent, he only has 29 career
If the Raiders make JR the top pick, I promise you they don't win 3 games next year.

And when did I say anything about Quinn hoisting the Lombardi his first year ????????

No metaphor, not even a cheesy one, is going to allow Brady Quinn to be a good quarterback in the NFL, sorry.

Everyone in the draft is a prospect, including BQ, but the difference with JR is he has been growing the last few years and showing his amazing raw ability has the chance for him to grow. Brady has hit his peek the last two years, not having great improvements in results (nice numbers sure, but nothing to show for it). Plus Leinart and Bush left USC and he still couldn't beat them, even with all of his career starts compared to Booty.

Drafting even Mason Crosby should not stop the Raiders from winning three games with their D. They play the Lions, Cleveland, Miami, Houston and us each once. Along with Kansas City twice who should be showing their Herman Edwards success any time soon now. 3 games should not be a big obstacle.

As for Quinn and the Lombardi:
Holy Christ, U2 have serious issues.

"at the end of the season" not a season. I though BQ was so ready and amazing he should take a team through the playoffs? If not, he is just another project for the future like the rest of them.

Severe Punishment
04-24-2007, 05:33 PM
You're a baised moron whose going to stop at nothing to try and beat down a guy that's going to go top 10 by saying he's "never going to be good" with nothing to base this on but hatred.
Good job.

I don't need a metaphore to tell you a div 1-AA Qb isn't taking this team anywhere this year, next year or 10 years from now. The current
crop of QB's this team has is sh!t.
Sorry, but someone had to break this news to you.

secondeye
04-25-2007, 11:04 AM
You're a baised moron whose going to stop at nothing to try and beat down a guy that's going to go top 10 by saying he's "never going to be good" with nothing to base this on but hatred.
Good job.

I don't need a metaphore to tell you a div 1-AA Qb isn't taking this team anywhere this year, next year or 10 years from now. The current
crop of QB's this team has is sh!t.
Sorry, but someone had to break this news to you.

LOL. Don't you love the irony? How does this guy not have a string of negative red bars. I remember now why I stopped contributing to this site a couple years ago.. It was people like you and the hostility. You sign on just to bust people's chops don't you?

Like it makes you some how more superior in your knowledge. I can understand though.. I was like at at 17 on the forums too.

You should reread your first sentence here, and then read your last paragraph.

You really gave Tarvaris a lot of time to make that assessment, didn't you. Shows your real level of football knowledge. (Coming from a guy who neg reps me every other post I make, calling me a football novice. L-O-L.)

secondeye
04-25-2007, 11:06 AM

Just out of curiousity Sev, what was your opinion on Warren Moon, Daunte and Randall Cunningham?

Severe Punishment
04-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Moon was a Wife beater drunk, who I never considered a "real" Vikings QB. He'll always be a Houston Oiler to me ...same goes for any player who uses the VIkings to "prove to himself" that "he can still play" when the game past them over years prior (Archie Manning, Jeff George, ect ect)

Daunte is perhaps the most over rated QB in Vikings history.
He benefited more than anyone in the history of the franchise by having Randy Moss in his prime and Cris Carter. When those 2 left...he had 1 fantastic season , dumping down to Wiggins and Kliensauser. He was exposed when Randy left and is now a useless drone ...glad he's not here sucking up 5 Million a season against the cap.,
He's going to go down as much for his fumbling (I believe he's 2nd all time) as much as his meaningless single season team passing record.

Randall was perhaps my favorite player of all time....with the EAGLES.
It was nice to see him and Randy in 1998...especially that Monday night game against the Packers. He'd (by then) turned into a hellua passer.
While with the Eagles he was Mike Vick of the late 80's. Was extremely fun to watch, never got the Eagles to the Bowl (ala Vick) ...but
he was pretty amazing.

Severe Punishment
04-25-2007, 11:24 AM
LOL. Don't you love the irony? How does this guy not have a string of negative red bars. I remember now why I stopped contributing to this site a couple years ago.. It was people like you and the hostility. You sign on just to bust people's chops don't you?

Like it makes you some how more superior in your knowledge. I can understand though.. I was like at at 17 on the forums too.

You should reread your first sentence here, and then read your last paragraph.

You really gave Tarvaris a lot of time to make that assessment, didn't you. Shows your real level of football knowledge. (Coming from a guy who neg reps me every other post I make, calling me a football novice. L-O-L.)
Seriously, you say "I remember why I stop contributing ...blah blah blah"
who cares ? Do you actually think for 1 second that anyone benefits from your "expertice" ???? Get over yourself. Go grab a mirror and fall in love.
Don't like it here ? wonderful, horrible...no one cares.
And FYI I don't need 4 seasons to know that an undersized QB with limited skills is going to turn my team into a 3 win squad for however long he's under the helm. He looked like crap for his stint last year, he got beat out in college by a "QB" soooooo good that he's now a WR and he managed to inflate his ego by beating up on Division 1-AA talent ...yawn...wake me when this horrible experiment is over, Childress is finally let go and this team at least shows a little hope for the future.

FatViking
04-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Seriously, you say "I remember why I stop contributing ...blah blah blah"
who cares ? Do you actually think for 1 second that anyone benefits from your "expertice" ???? Get over yourself. Go grab a mirror and fall in love.
Don't like it here ? wonderful, horrible...no one cares.
And FYI I don't need 4 seasons to know that an undersized QB with limited skills is going to turn my team into a 3 win squad for however long he's under the helm. He looked like crap for his stint last year, he got beat out in college by a "QB" soooooo good that he's now a WR and he managed to inflate his ego by beating up on Division 1-AA talent ...yawn...wake me when this horrible experiment is over, Childress is finally let go and this team at least shows a little hope for the future.

So 6'2, 232 is undersized, but 6'3, 232 is the next amazing face of the NFL. Looks like I am not the biased one.

Severe Punishment
04-27-2007, 12:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1107218
6'1 "officially" which is MORE LIKELY 6'0 3/4"
He's short. No Drew Brees and lacks not only a pedigre' but competency as well. All anyone can say from him as FACT is that Matt Jones beat him out for QB ...Matt Jones is not even remotely close to being an NFL caliber QB. jackson pouted, changed schools instead of doing the sensible thing and waiting it out or switching positions. And beat up a bunch of school yard teams masqurading as college programs.

He sux, and again...I don't need 3 years of watching him screw the team up to figure it out.

FatViking
04-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Well eat it buddy. T-Jack is our boy now, and looks like we aren't the only ones who don't want Brady. Maybe you and Mel Kiper Jr. can start a team and draft him.

Severe Punishment
04-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Jackson will never ever ever be "my boy" and I promise you ...passing on Quinn will turn out to be the "icing" on this sh!t cake Childress has been making for years. I like Peterson and wish him the best...but he's more likely to dislocate his arm sneezing as he is to sustain the rigors of a 16 game season.

"don't want brady" ??? Do you think there's a reason these top 10 teams CONTINUE to draft top 10 year in and year out ??? hahahaha.

The last laugh will be on these top teams when Quinn leads some team to the title.

FatViking
04-28-2007, 05:07 PM
You are right, sorry Cleveland is the team who understands talent. They will continue their domination of the NFL for sure now with Quinn at the helm.

Severe Punishment
04-28-2007, 05:32 PM
I would worry about THIS team which has had a top 10 pick 3 times in the last 7 years.

We're no where near the Patriots , Eagles, or Dallas as a team that's historically drafted well. Start worrying about your "boi" Jackson.
Because I promise you if he doesn't show SIGNIFICANT improvement
we'll be in the Brian Brohm running for next year.

amesbear
04-28-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm not a Quinn lover but I gotta say that the Browns did themselves a favor by getting Thomas and then jumping up to get Quinn. If the Browns make a few good moves in the next couple years, Quinn is gonna look awesome. Braylon Edwards and K 2 are gonna love this guy.

Severe Punishment
04-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Seeing as how the Browns more than likely would've looked QB next year (top 10 most likely) so giving up a 1st rounder this year for a 1st round talent was neither a "reach" nor was it un-neccessary.
The Browns simply traded a 1st round top 10 pick next year for a 2nd one this year. The cost to do it ? a 2nd rounder. totally worth it in my opinion.
Plus he gets that extra year to develop a repoire with Edwards and Winslow. Brilliant move if you ask me, why "waste" that year with Frye and Anderson ??? it's like eating hot dogs when you could be eating steak.

Kid_Ego
04-29-2007, 02:42 AM
I have to agree that the browns not only did the right thing but Phil savage again proves why he is one of the premier GMS in the league, I was hoping a certain two self believed geniuses up in minnesota were going to do the exact same thing. Giving us hope for next year

the_Kid
04-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Jackson will never ever ever be "my boy" and I promise you ...passing on Quinn will turn out to be the "icing" on this sh!t cake Childress has been making for years.

This is his 2nd year ******

FatViking
04-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Well its just time to find out.

Hopefully Childress can get everything together and get us over 500 and hopefully into the playoffs. We don't have an easy schedule this year, but hopefully a dominate run game and Brad Johnson not scoring points for opponents well wearing purple will add some wins.

As for Quinn, hopefully he gets thrown into the starting job right away due to Crennel needing some jersey sales or any other way to hold onto his job for one more year so we can watch Quinn be introduced to NFL D's. It should be fun watching Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu showing him why he wasn't drafted first overall. Week 3 Browns vs. Raiders should be a good one to watch if both new QBs are on the field.

Severe Punishment
04-29-2007, 11:12 PM
You must really have a hard on for Quinn to hate him so much. Just physical envy ? Or is it the catholic thing ? The river of top shelf poon he's going to get ?

I expect Cleveland to trade for a Trent Green style QB to be the "vet" to take the initial punishment. They're not going to pull the same crap they did with Tim Couch. Derrick Anderson and Charlie Frye could also see time
before they're comfortable with Quinn going under center.
He's probably closer to ready than any other QB taken this year and if he does play I don't expect anything less than what Leinart and Cutler did.

Quinn is the superior prospect to Jackson, get over it.
In 3 years when Quinn is a top 10 QB and Jackson is learning the currency
rate between the Canadian dollar and the U.S. (His CFL future awaits)
you like hundreds before you will be no where to be found on any message board. You'll hide under a new i.d. , go to another board ,
or just hide in your mothers basement listening to your latest rap download thinking "I still hate Quinn".

litlharsh
04-29-2007, 11:22 PM
The river of top shelf poon he's going to get ?
we've been over this.

Christ SP you're really going out on a limb claiming Quinn as the superior prospect.

FatViking
04-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Like I said it is now just time to find out. I got what I wanted, the Vikings not drafting Quinn. So argue all you want about what he is going to do. Time will tell, and 20 teams banked he wasn't worth it.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Ray Lewis, Randy Moss, Ed Reed, Tom Brady,.....yeah, using NFL teams not taking a player in the top 15 to support your idiotic beliefs has really worked out well.

Yes we will see.

Now there is no excuses for Childress or for Jackson. he got his shot.
unchallenged and when he fails we'll be another average talent team
without that franchise QB.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 10:54 AM
we've been over this.

Christ SP you're really going out on a limb claiming Quinn as the superior prospect.
Superior to who ????
And , if you're not going to bother watching college football, then for
Christ's sake do a little research

I'll even help ya out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_Quinn

FatViking
04-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Maybe you could just watch college football. I don't think you understand there is a huge difference compared to the NFL.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 12:16 PM
let me guess you're the 1 person on the planet whose seen EVERY alabama state AND minnesota Viking game over the past 4 years and
could break down why exactly it would be inevidable for Jackson to do anything but succeed in the NFL.

please, stick to dealing with only those Viking homers who think every pick is pure genius and that every year is "the year"

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Maybe you could just watch college football. I don't think you understand there is a huge difference compared to the NFL.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh ya think so ?

Jesus , get over yourself. I've more than likely have read more playbooks
than you've read any type of book. So save the "you should" speech for your kids or your boyfriend.

FatViking
04-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Alright, try and skip the proving yourself on the internet thing.

No matter how many playbooks or games you have gone over, you are not an NFL scout or manager. And 20 teams passed by Quinn, and the Browns didn't think he was worth a top ten pick.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 01:30 PM
hahahahaha...how many teams didn't "think" Ray Lewis wasn't worth a top 20 pick ? nice arguement jackass.

Oh and BTW, how many QB's are teams going to take year in and year out in the first round ????? Try doing a little research blowhard.

FatViking
04-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Every draft has players who slip down the draft and turn out. But most drafts also have QBs taken in the first round who turn out to be worthless in the NFL. The argument made by 20 teams this year was Quinn is going to be that worthless QB.

Severe Punishment
04-30-2007, 02:09 PM
with every post you sound more one sided and ignroant.

EVERY position has major flops. AT EVERY POSITON
SHould Detroit have passed on Calvin Johnson ? How about the Raiders on
Jamarcus Russell (whose floor is waaaay lower than Quinn's)
The point of a draft is to improve your team by making them more complete not by loading up prospects at a few positions.

You obviously don't get it. You only seem to want to think that Quinn , not only isn't first round talent , but shouldn't be in the league....perhaps you're Swaggars cousin who knows...who cares.
I'm done reading and responding to your absolutely wortheless "insights" and opinions.

Good day.

The Dynasty
04-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Why are you guys still fighting about Getting Quinn, the draft is passed and this should be over. We are putting Tarvaris Jackson in as our QB and if he has success then he has it but if he doesnt it doesnt mean Quinn would have been any better. He is still a rookie he wont have the success like Roethisberger did. Quinn is a good prospect but doesnt mean he would have an affect the second he got there. Childress wants to pound the ball and he got there RB. Just because a QB is from a small school doesnt make him horrible. Tarvaris has a great arm and has speed and has a great upside. Quinn wouldnt have done any better in the GB game with those WR we had. You all need to stop fighting over this, Quinn is a Brown and Jackson is our QB and Accept it.

swagger
04-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Take it to the Browns board!!!

The Dynasty
04-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Yes call it Frye...give up on him?

Crazy_Chris
04-30-2007, 05:16 PM
they should give up on frye

vikes_28
05-16-2007, 08:47 AM
they should give up on frye

ok first of all, why are we talking about the browns here? This is the board, not the browns. second of all, TJack has only had like what? 2 starts? he hasnt had much of a chance, so for no reason we should give up on him

Obviously, brady quinn wasnt meant for the vikings and thats why we didnt pick him. no doubt about it, he's going to be good, but its been said in other threads 1. childress's ego is to high to admit that he was wrong on TJack 2. TJack has only had a few starts.

but in my opinion, we shouldnt give up on TJack, we should wait to see what he can do in the next two years, then pass a judgement if we give up on him or not.

Severe Punishment
05-19-2007, 02:24 PM
http://fannation.com/blogs/post/14552?cnn=yes

The criteria: how will they perform in 2007, factoring intangibles such as winning and leadership along with statistics. Marc Bulger may have better numbers than Tom Brady, but that doesn't make Bulger more valuable.

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Jackson will continue to be terrible....so much for the claim that I'm some lone wolf on this belief.

DHVF
05-19-2007, 03:52 PM
http://fannation.com/blogs/post/14552?cnn=yes

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Jackson will continue to be terrible....so much for the claim that I'm some lone wolf on this belief.
Did you honestly expect them to place him any higher? I mean of course they're not going to place him any higher considering the fact that he's proved nothing thus far and is going to have fairly limited help next year on offense.

Severe Punishment
05-19-2007, 07:58 PM
So let me get this straight...he's good enough to be the QB of this team....as long as we have zero expectations for him ??? Do I have that about right ?

and I'm not sold on the "very limited help" we do , if I recall correctly, still have Bobby Wade

bearsfan_51
05-19-2007, 08:11 PM
So let me get this straight...he's good enough to be the QB of this team....as long as we have zero expectations for him ??? Do I have that about right ?

and I'm not sold on the "very limited help" we do , if I recall correctly, still have Bobby Wade
Dear God I hope you're joking.....

Severe Punishment
05-19-2007, 08:14 PM
lol, yes. Sarcasm is hard to pull off on here.

Kid_Ego
05-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Well again you show your ignorance SP most every one of those guys who fell that you mentioned fell for good reason.
Tom Brady Mediocure college career backed by shoddy combine
Ray Lewis Needs to be in a certain system to be successful was undersized coming in at a mere 220 lbs as a rookie, Played on a team that was loaded with great players
Ed Reed was a cornerbacl/safty in college showed average speed for a corner and lacked great tackling ability for a safty, again played ona team that limited his college production,
Randy Moss was kicked off Florida State which lets face it they do tend to be very tollerant around tallahassee so any player getting the boot is going to get a red flag. Ran the same route most of the time, Played against inferior competition Marshall wasnt a division one team nor were any running to line up against them.
Heres another analysis
Brady Quinn all though he has great college stats very seldom plays his best game against top comp. Thorws the football like a baseball transfering all his weight to his front foot making his very sustiple to injury, In top physical shape yet still lacks arm strength for the deep ball, has marginal mobility, A premadonna reminds most people of second coming of Rick Meir. Better suited for last first round pick, As you pointed out yourself BETTER SUITED TO BACK UP THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!

VikesRule
05-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Jackson will never ever ever be "my boy" and I promise you ...passing on Quinn will turn out to be the "icing" on this sh!t cake Childress has been making for years. I like Peterson and wish him the best...but he's more likely to dislocate his arm sneezing as he is to sustain the rigors of a 16 game season.

"don't want brady" ??? Do you think there's a reason these top 10 teams CONTINUE to draft top 10 year in and year out ??? hahahaha.

The last laugh will be on these top teams when Quinn leads some team to the title.
Everything I've seen and read about Jackson is that he is working hard to become a leader and to understand this team and its playbook.

Its also kinda funny how you already dismiss Childress after one season. Kinda like how you already dismiss Jackson. You dismiss Peterson without him even taking a snap. I'm sure after Rice drops a pass, you'll want him gone, too. It takes more than one year for some players to perform well. I'm gonna keep faith in Jackson until he proves he can't get it done. You can keep your Brady Quinn lovefest to yourself, I want no part of it. I'm loyal to this team through thick and thin, and I'm gonna support the Vikings until the day I die.

I hope Jackson and Peterson prove you wrong!

Severe Punishment
05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm gonna keep faith in Jackson until he proves he can't get it done. Typical Vikings blind optimism. First off he's already PROVEN that he can't get it done. What he needs to do is PROVE that he can play QB in this league. I'm highly pesimistic of that every happening. And believe it or not I am entitled to my opinion.

Secondly you're holding out hope in part because the alternatives are a failed baseball pitcher , a perenial pine warmer in NY and door #3...a 6th round 2nd round pet project of Childress. Keep "holding out hope".

jerthemessiah
05-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Typical Vikings blind optimism. First off he's already PROVEN that he can't get it done. What he needs to do is PROVE that he can play QB in this league. I'm highly pesimistic of that every happening. And believe it or not I am entitled to my opinion.

Secondly you're holding out hope in part because the alternatives are a failed baseball pitcher , a perenial pine warmer in NY and door #3...a 6th round 2nd round pet project of Childress. Keep "holding out hope".
Most people don't write off rookie QB's after 2.5 games, blind homerism or not.