PDA

View Full Version : NBA Sim League Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

LTgiants
07-11-2006, 08:50 PM
That's a pretty slick banner. Should've put Dirk on there though! :wink: :wink:

if he put a white guy on there it would be messed up :lol:

Dirk isn't white! He is his own skin color. It's called Dirk.

dirk is white get over it

D-Unit
07-11-2006, 08:54 PM
What is that banner for?

SeanTaylorRIP
07-11-2006, 08:55 PM
here i made a banner... if ur players not on here too bad, these are the pics that best matched what i was looking for.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/scriptkeeper/bannercopy.jpg
why is my pic not showing up?

Nice Job.

hyundridz
07-11-2006, 08:56 PM

i got these renders from a site... dirk only had action pics... i was looking for poses, that had the right lighting... i had one decent pic of dirk but it just didnt look right. i also had a.i., paul pierce, dwight howard, chris paul, and shaq but didnt look right.

hyundridz
07-11-2006, 08:57 PM
What is that banner for?

i remember someone said to make a banner for the site like a week ago... i didnt really have time till today. i thought it was you?

ccB
07-11-2006, 09:03 PM

Whats wrong with beign white?

LTgiants
07-11-2006, 09:11 PM

nothing is wrong with it i was just saying if you put a white guy in the banner the banner would look messed up considering all the players are black

ccB
07-11-2006, 09:15 PM

nothing is wrong with it i was just saying if you put a white guy in the banner the banner would look messed up considering all the players are black

You could put two white guys on the end like bookends.... COUGHMVPSTEVENASHANDDIRKCOUGH :D :D :D :D

WMD
07-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Darko and Dirk...

D-Unit
07-11-2006, 09:26 PM
here i made a banner... if ur players not on here too bad, these are the pics that best matched what i was looking for.

Nice Job.
Oh... must have been thule. He was going to make the website, but then said he was moving and would be without internet connection for a little while... He still hasn't been on in days and we've moved on. Nice graphic, but a little big. I like the sig you altered from West Coast Remix too.

hyundridz
07-11-2006, 09:33 PM

Nice Job.
Oh... must have been thule. He was going to make the website, but then said he was moving and would be without internet connection for a little while... He still hasn't been on in days and we've moved on. Nice graphic, but a little big. I like the sig you altered from West Coast Remix too.

yeah wcremix has some nice walls... jon horler is the sickest artist on there.

07-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Okay I will be basically giving Marbury up for some random young player that has potential and anyone to match the salary.

cuz some *********** screwed me over, but i won't reveal who she is

how did i screw u over?

WMD
07-11-2006, 09:48 PM
He's probably talking about me.

Scotty D
07-11-2006, 09:53 PM

Do you mind me asking what the deal was that fell apart?

WMD
07-11-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't mind you asking.

07-11-2006, 09:55 PM

i think its me cuz he made me an offer and i say id probably take it but i changed my mind.

Scotty D
07-11-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't mind you asking.

Hah what was it?

WMD
07-11-2006, 09:58 PM
I don't mind you asking.

Hah what was it?

Do you mind if I don't answer?

Scotty D
07-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't mind you asking.

Hah what was it?

I guess. :cry:

hyundridz
07-11-2006, 10:01 PM
I don't mind you asking.

Hah what was it?

your a girl? didnt u ask me for a pic of my girl?

WMD
07-11-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't mind you asking.

Hah what was it?

I'm a MAN, I stand at a urinal to pee.

He was likely using 'she' as an insult. Seeing as how he bolded it and all.

07-11-2006, 10:04 PM
[quote=Lions WMD]I don't mind you asking.

Hah what was it?

I guess. :cry:[/quote

It had to involve dampier ]

draftguru151
07-11-2006, 10:06 PM
I see Kobe sneaked in there :lol:

WMD
07-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Though Dampier has been talked about in other trades.. he wasn't in the New York deal.

D-Unit
07-11-2006, 10:07 PM
We need a new GM for San Antonio (scorch) and a co-GM for Sacramento (thule).

hyundridz
07-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I don't mind you asking.

Hah what was it?

I'm a MAN, I stand at a urinal to pee.

He was likely using 'she' as an insult. Seeing as how he bolded it and all.

lol... whatever u say u lesbian

07-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Memphis is looking to move eddie jones 15 mil dollar expiring contract for the right offer.

D-Unit
07-11-2006, 10:33 PM
shavedeyebrow2 is the new co-GM of the Kings.

07-11-2006, 11:00 PM

D-Unit, have you gotten what you need yet or are you still out the 20 bucks?

D-Unit
07-11-2006, 11:50 PM

Dummy Post of the Year.

07-11-2006, 11:55 PM

Dummy Post of the Year.

I was just glad to qualify, its a tough competition.

D-Unit
07-12-2006, 12:35 AM
aNYtitan has taken over as GM of the Spurs.

art vandelay
07-12-2006, 01:22 AM
I'll get in on this if I can

D-Unit
07-12-2006, 01:39 AM
I'll get in on this if I can
We're full, but someone may want an assistant GM. Start putting out feelers.

D-Unit
07-12-2006, 02:04 AM
*** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Apparently there will be some changes between what is currently being shown on the website and what the new updated rosters will look like. There will also be a new salary cap and a lot of things will be more updated... ie. Ben Wallace/Lebron FA signings.

I just wanted to mention this as grades and such may be a little different from what is shown now, that may affect some trades and deals you have already made. It's always up to the parties involved on their own trades, but in case grades change I wanted to put it out there that you don't necessarily need to be bound to your wink wink deals thus far.

If I don't get the info I need to set this up soon, I'm gonna be pissed. We need this to get off the ground asap.

Eaglez.Fan
07-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Okay I will be basically giving Marbury up for some random young player that has potential and anyone to match the salary.

how did i screw u over?

Are you kidding!?!

Well u said u accepted the trade, and it was all fine, the trade was going to go through then i asked u if the trade was still on then u said, oh sorry no its not.

and i revolved all my other trades around that one then u just screw me over at the last second.....

07-12-2006, 09:14 AM

how did i screw u over?

Are you kidding!?!

Well u said u accepted the trade, and it was all fine, the trade was going to go through then i asked u if the trade was still on then u said, oh sorry no its not.

and i revolved all my other trades around that one then u just screw me over at the last second.....

i never said yes, i said probably. i got a great offer that i had 2 take.

D-Unit
07-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Still no update on the software today. :evil:

Nerv
07-12-2006, 02:03 PM

how did i screw u over?

Are you kidding!?!

Your trades all might get cancelled when this thing gets going and the actual actual rosters and rankings are put into place.

07-12-2006, 03:28 PM

how did i screw u over?

Are you kidding!?!

stuff happens your best option is to give you terrible contracts away for as many expiring contracts as you can.. Like Eddie Jones, Grant Hill, Austin Crosher, Mashburn etc realisticly unless you make some amazing moves your best shot is to scrap this season aquire picks(1st and 2nds) and try to get closer to under the cap... Look for players with only 2 years left as well as they will come off the books in another year. Find players t o play around your keys player (curry frye lee and nate) dont try to get superstars in return for marbury and francis crawford and Q no one will give them to you. look for teams that will give you servicable players that you can work around your current young players.... but thats just me.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-12-2006, 04:01 PM
It's real tough on the Knicks because they have huge contracts like Jerome James, Quentin Richardson that nobody will take. On the brightside Maurice Taylor is in the final year of a 10 million dollar contract. Jalen Rose has one year left with 16 million this year, and Malik Rose is comming off the books soon. You just have to be patient.

ccB
07-12-2006, 04:47 PM
It's real tough on the Knicks because they have huge contracts like Jerome James, Quentin Richardson that nobody will take. On the brightside Maurice Taylor is in the final year of a 10 million dollar contract. Jalen Rose has one year left with 16 million this year, and Malik Rose is comming off the books soon. You just have to be patient.

Yeah your basically looking at 3 years of rebuilding than 3 years of developing young talent before u will even be in contention.

07-12-2006, 04:58 PM
The pacers are looking to move Steven Jackson. Make us offers. Plz.

07-12-2006, 05:01 PM

Yeah your basically looking at 3 years of rebuilding than 3 years of developing young talent before u will even be in contention.

i would take the knicks if we had to re-pick teams (not sugjesting we do so) I would like the challange

07-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Question.... can we trade 1st round picks? because it says

2) A team must always own at least one first round draft pick in the two years following the current season.
we can only trade this years (2007) first round picks

hyundridz
07-12-2006, 08:14 PM

2) A team must always own at least one first round draft pick in the two years following the current season.

i think that means you must own a first round pick within 2 years. if you trade this years, you cant trade your next years first rounder. i think?

Brodeur
07-12-2006, 08:17 PM
The Pistons are still looking to find a potential suitor for Richard Hamilton or Rasheed Wallace.

07-12-2006, 08:21 PM

i think that means you must own a first round pick within 2 years. if you trade this years, you cant trade your next years first rounder. i think?

o ok got it

Homicide
07-12-2006, 09:54 PM
May have found a suitor for Elton Brand so get your offers in while you can.

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 12:33 PM
*** THE ANNOUNCEMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!! ***

You won't believe what just arrived guys! THE GAME!

There's a lot of stuff and I don't know what is what yet, but here's what you guys can start me off with...

I need player salary info for the newly signed contracts. I tried to do some myself but it's generic.

Ho0k Em'
07-13-2006, 12:52 PM
I don't know it exactly

Nuggets-

Nene- 6 year 60 million
Carmello- 5 year 80 million

I think Nene has officiallly signed it, but I don't think Carmelo has.

Also, are you going to change up the ratings and stuff or just keep them as they are?

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
I don't know it exactly

Nuggets-

Nene- 6 year 60 million
Carmello- 5 year 80 million

I think Nene has officiallly signed it, but I don't think Carmelo has.

Also, are you going to change up the ratings and stuff or just keep them as they are?
I have a more updated roster and the grades look ok... I don't even see any difference yet. I'm probably gonna keep it.

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Well, I need Cardsfan to show up. She has the password I need to upload the new pages.

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Once I get the password from Cards, I'll put up the pages.

Then the first step is to start Free Agency. I wanna make the FA Period two days long. Is that enough for everybody?

Nerv
07-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Yessssssss NBA sim time.

familyguy555
07-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Yessssssss NBA sim time.

jetvilma51
07-13-2006, 02:38 PM

Then the first step is to start Free Agency. I wanna make the FA Period two days long. Is that enough for everybody?

two days doesnt sound much but im down wit it, i just wanna get this thing going

Ho0k Em'
07-13-2006, 02:45 PM

two days doesnt sound much but im down wit it, i just wanna get this thing going

I think 2 days is two short as well.

I think we should make it at least for, and at the beginning of the post all the offers so far so people can get a chance to up it.

getwellchad
07-13-2006, 02:59 PM
I have a very important and disturbing announcement to make...

I'm the new GM of the Bulls....BOYAKASHAW!!!!

Nerv
07-13-2006, 03:04 PM

I think 2 days is two short as well.

I think we should make it at least for, and at the beginning of the post all the offers so far so people can get a chance to up it.

No way, this thing has taken so long to get running, I don't want to sit around in FA for nearly a week. I want to see this thing get up and running.

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 03:19 PM
I really want to start FA today, but tomorrow sounds more likely. GMs need to check out their new teams, rosters, salary cap adjustments... send gripes... etc. Before we start. The last thing we want is to start off with confused GMs.

Ho0k Em'
07-13-2006, 03:24 PM
I really want to start FA today, but tomorrow sounds more likely. GMs need to check out their new teams, rosters, salary cap adjustments... send gripes... etc. Before we start. The last thing we want is to start off with confused GMs.

Are you going to post the offers for players or are you just going to take the best submitted w.o the other GM's knowing.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Are the rosters supposed to be updated already?

07-13-2006, 04:19 PM

2 days is more than enough time...

07-13-2006, 04:22 PM

i would also encourage all gms to contact those handshake deals and make sure they are still acceptable to both sides.. I know all my trades were pending the new updates

Also can you put in the offer of my MLE on more that one player at a time and the first one to accept gets it.... if you dont know i understand just asking

WMD
07-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Hmm.. I'm going to be gone all day on Friday, and work late on Saturday. I don't have a problem as long as I'll be able to get my work done at like 11PM-12PM, I work until 10:30 on Saturday. Work the same on Sunday.. I'm off Monday, though.

Also, does the Free Agents former team have the last say? If someone waits until 11:59 to bid on a Free Agent, can I decide if I want to offer the FA more than the previous team after 12/the deadline?

I also have a question on Free Agency. I understand the regular contracts, but what about when we offer the MLE? Does it go::

Team: Dallas Mavericks
Player: Shirley Temple
FA Type: UFA
First Year Salary Bid: $4,500,000
Years of Contract: 1 Year

Would that be correct?

And one last question, can we resign players/sign them to extensions during the season?

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Hmm.. I'm going to be gone all day on Friday, and work late on Saturday. I don't have a problem as long as I'll be able to get my work done at like 11PM-12PM, I work until 10:30 on Saturday.

Also, does the Free Agents former team have the last laugh? If someone waits until 11:59 to bid on a Free Agent, can I decide if I want to offer the FA more than the previous team after 12/the deadline?

I also have a question on Free Agency. I understand the regular contracts, but what about when we offer the MLE? Does it go::

Would that be correct?
I don't know if the Mavs can handle another big mouth like Shirley... but your format looks correct. It's up to you to decide on how many years you want that MLE contract to last. You can make it up to a maximum of 6 years. The default annual increase is 10% each year of the contract.

The formal team can get the last laugh, if that FA is Restricted. Most likely, UFA's will go to the highest bidder.

07-13-2006, 05:15 PM
D-Unit has the password and will be back 2 update the rosters after lunch.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-13-2006, 05:19 PM
For anyone who is over the cap but wants Al Harrington I am the Hawks and am willing to work out a sign and trade deal.

WMD
07-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Hmm.. I'm going to be gone all day on Friday, and work late on Saturday. I don't have a problem as long as I'll be able to get my work done at like 11PM-12PM, I work until 10:30 on Saturday.

Also, does the Free Agents former team have the last laugh? If someone waits until 11:59 to bid on a Free Agent, can I decide if I want to offer the FA more than the previous team after 12/the deadline?

Would that be correct?
I don't know if the Mavs can handle another big mouth like Shirley... but your format looks correct. It's up to you to decide on how many years you want that MLE contract to last. You can make it up to a maximum of 6 years. The default annual increase is 10% each year of the contract.

The formal team can get the last laugh, if that FA is Restricted. Most likely, UFA's will go to the highest bidder.

And we can't use the MLE while it's being used, right? So if we sign Vanilla Ice to a MLE/2 year deal, we can't use the MLE next season, is this correct?

07-13-2006, 05:54 PM
and the lakers=vlad and mavs=Greg Buckner have already used theirs for this year.

Ho0k Em'
07-13-2006, 06:27 PM
I think that the way you have the FA system in that we can only bid on a player once will cause people to hold out bidding for a long time, and you won't have very many bids and this whole thing will just be dragged out.

I think that when we post our offers for player we should be able to match/up the offer.

We post it in the FA thread right?

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 06:31 PM
I think that the way you have the FA system in that we can only bid on a player once will cause people to hold out bidding for a long time, and you won't have very many bids and this whole thing will just be dragged out.

I think that when we post our offers for player we should be able to match/up the offer.

We post it in the FA thread right?
Do what you need to do, but that's the way this game is played. Even in real life you don't see teams in bidding wars. Once they put their offer out there, that's it. Talking to people who have played this before, teams don't usually wait until the last minute to make their bids... but play how ever you want.

This should prevent cheap offers from being thrown out and solid, budgeted offers put on the table.

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 07:04 PM
and the lakers=vlad and mavs=Greg Buckner have already used theirs for this year.
Anyone know the details of the contracts?

Eaglez.Fan
07-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Anyone want Eddie Curry?

07-13-2006, 07:19 PM

vlad is on the rosters already in and i believe buckners is for the MLE and 3 or 4 years not sure

also read the RULE ON TRADES if your over the cap (most teams are) you have to match salaries within 15% either way

Homicide
07-13-2006, 07:20 PM

vlad is on the rosters already in and i believe buckners is for the MLE and 3 or 4 years not sure

also read the RULE ON TRADES if your over the cap (most teams are) you have to match salaries within 15% either way

Im not oer the cap, yo 8)

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 07:21 PM
If you guys are unsure of how salaries work in trades, just send in the trades anyways. I'll put it through the machine. If it doesn't go through I'll let you know.

Eaglez.Fan
07-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Can I post a trade here?

HawkeyeFan
07-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Can I post a trade here?

WMD
07-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Recent signings/resignings::

John Salmons - Toronto Raptors - 5 Years/$23 Million
Shavlik Randolph - Philadelphia 76ers - 2 Years/$2 Million
Willie Green - Philadelphia 76ers - 5 Years/$17 Million (?)
Greg Buckner - Dallas Mavericks - 4 Years/$12 Million (?)
Vladimir Radmanovic - Los Angeles Lakers - 5 Years/$30.2 Million
Eric Piatkowski - Phoenix Suns - 2 Years/$2.3 Million
Sam Cassell - Los Angeles Clippers - 2 Years/$13 Million
Nazr Mohammad - Detroit Pistons - 5 Years/$30 Million
Lindsey Hunter - Detroit Pistons - 2 Years/$4.5 Million
Joel Przybilla - Portland Trailblazers - 5 Years/$30 Million
Speedy Claxton - Atlanta Hawks - 4 Years/$25 Million
Matt Harpring - Utah Jazz - 4 Years/$25 Million

jetvilma51
07-13-2006, 07:30 PM

FA period started already??

WMD
07-13-2006, 07:33 PM
This is the real life NBA Free Agency.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-13-2006, 07:38 PM

No thats real life.
FA period started already??

07-13-2006, 07:42 PM
ALL (MY) TRADES ARE OFF with these new rankings

Brodeur
07-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Really, Korver a B- on defense? A chair could play better d than Korver.

07-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Really, Korver a B- on defense? A chair could play better d than Korver.

some players went from A to C potential some from B to F (see ager)

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 07:49 PM
*** ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE ***

The new rosters, cap and grades are up! :D

Start pointing out the imperfections. The only thing I tried to adjust were the new free agent signings. ...Oh and Salim Stoudamire making 7M. :wink:

The salary cap is set at $53,135,000 according to the new NBA Salary Cap.

07-13-2006, 07:51 PM
kris humphries has higher potential rating than chris bosh lol

SeanTaylorRIP
07-13-2006, 07:51 PM
*** ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE ***

The new rosters, cap and grades are up! :D

Start pointing out the imperfections. The only thing I tried to adjust were the new free agent signings. ...Oh and Salim Stoudamire making 7M. :wink:

The salary cap is set at $53,135,000 according to the new NBA Salary Cap.

Thanks for the Salim thing.

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 07:55 PM
kris humphries has higher potential rating than chris bosh lol
Potential doesn't determine how good the player is. There are like 15 other characteristics. Sounds odd, but live with it.

It's gonna have to take some monstrosity in order for me to change the grade on a player.

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 07:56 PM

THESE ARE THE FINAL UPDATES THAT WILL BE MADE FOR OUR SEASON. ANYTHING HERE ON OUT IS DETERMINED BY THE MOVES OF OUR LEAGUE.

Thanks for the info WMD!

The website is in the process of updating the site with these transactions. Shavlik Randolph is not available in this game. Just wanted to say the site might have a few hiccups while the pages update.

WMD
07-13-2006, 08:22 PM
No Shavlik Randolph, no WMD! :lol: :lol:

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 08:33 PM
The Free Agency Deadline will stick as long as no one complains about it.

WMD
07-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I missed the Keith Bogans signing with the Orlando Magic.. Oh well.

Scotty D
07-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Dee Brown on the block. Anyone want a young cheap point guard?

Scotty D
07-13-2006, 08:54 PM
So you can carry 15 players, but only 12 are available to you in a game correct?

jetvilma51
07-13-2006, 08:56 PM
when and how can we change player positions

Scotty D
07-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Do we post our FA bids in the sticky thread?

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Yes, you may do so right now if you want.

07-13-2006, 09:20 PM

if we have multiple offers of a exceptions should we just post them in one post?

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 09:23 PM

if we have multiple offers of a exceptions should we just post them in one post?
Yes. But if your player has already been bid on, you need to create a new post for that one player and all of his previous bids.

07-13-2006, 09:29 PM
is tinsley a RFA or URA?

07-13-2006, 09:31 PM
looking for cap space memphis has 10 mil in jamal mashburn and another 1.8 in dahatay jones

is tinsley a RFA or URA?

neither hes being added back 2 the pacers right now.

Dillen
Even though im not a part of this, and ill probably get ripped for it, but the Sixers GM is/wants to trade Iguodala, Carney, Hunter, and Dalembert. What the hell is he doing. He isnt even getting good value.

Memphis receives Dalembert, Iguodala, Mashburn for Eddie Jones, Lawrence Roberts, and a 1st rounder.
This is an absolutely wasted trade. Iguodala himself was the 9th pick of the draft 2 years ago, Memphis' first rounder wont be that high. Dalembert has a bad contract but is still worth something. Roberts is garbage. Jones and Mashburn dont/wont do anything.

Rockets receive Carney, Hunter for Juwan Howard.
Howard is 33 and would have no future with the 76ers. He makes about $6M for the next 3 years. This especially makes no sense after the 76ers GM just traded Iggy and Hunter. They dont even have a center on their roster, and the only SG/SF is Kyle Korver.

Again, just ridiculous IMO.

Brodeur
07-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Philadelphia gets rid of salary for next season, so it's not a terrible thing. Dalembert is extremely overpaid and won't amount to much either way. Iggy shouldn't be in the deal but you gotta do what ya gotta do.

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Even though im not a part of this, and ill probably get ripped for it, but the Sixers GM is/wants to trade Iguodala, Carney, Hunter, and Dalembert. What the hell is he doing. He isnt even getting good value.

Memphis receives Dalembert, Iguodala, Mashburn for Eddie Jones, Lawrence Roberts, and a 1st rounder.
This is an absolutely wasted trade. Iguodala himself was the 9th pick of the draft 2 years ago, Memphis' first rounder wont be that high. Dalembert has a bad contract but is still worth something. Roberts is garbage. Jones and Mashburn dont/wont do anything.
Eddie Jones has 16 Million Dollars coming off the books after the season. That allows the Sixers to reduce their cap number significantly.

The Knicks got Steve Francis for Penny Hardaway... Same concept.

07-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Philadelphia gets rid of salary for next season, so it's not a terrible thing. Dalembert is extremely overpaid and won't amount to much either way. Iggy shouldn't be in the deal but you gotta do what ya gotta do.

they drop 20 mil in salary and pick up a GOOD player in Jones and roberts isnt the worst player in the world

Dillen
07-13-2006, 09:42 PM

they drop 20 mil in salary and pick up a GOOD player in Jones and roberts isnt the worst player in the world
Eddie Jones had 11.8 points, 3.7 boards and 2.4 assists a game last year. Iguodala himself had better stats in EVERY category. Roberts didnt even average 2 points or 2 rebounds a game.

There's no point for me to argue this, im not in it and will probably just get myself into trouble. My final statement is I honestly dont think the 76ers GM knows what hes doing and has no direction whatsoever. Kind of like the real Sixers ( :lol: ,) only they know to keep good young players.

Final edit - If Louis Williams get thrown into that trade....wow. He'll literally have like 1 decent player on the roster.

07-13-2006, 09:45 PM

Eddie Jones had 11.8 points, 3.7 boards and 2.4 assists a game last year. Iguodala himself had better stats in EVERY category. Roberts didnt even average 2 points or 2 rebounds a game.

its a sim leauge and you have to think of it that way not by last years stats but by their rankins in categories and roberts has a contract coming off after next season as well

07-13-2006, 09:48 PM
no the second trade i dont get.... unless chris webber gets moved

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Where is familyguy to comment on these trades?

LTgiants
07-13-2006, 09:52 PM

he was just talking to me on aim

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 09:53 PM

Well both parties need to start coming together to state that they agree on the trade.

LTgiants
07-13-2006, 09:58 PM

Well both parties need to start coming together to state that they agree on the trade.

heres a quote from family guy in the trade proposal thread

I agree

and if you dont believe me go there yourself and take a look

07-13-2006, 10:00 PM
looking to get rid of jamal mashburn and his 10 mil contract which comes off after next year.

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 10:02 PM

I agree

I believe you. I just want participation from both sides... especially in a lopsided trade such as this.

LTgiants
07-13-2006, 10:02 PM

I agree

I believe you. I just want participation from both sides... especially in a lopsided trade such as this.

ok :roll: who is it lopsided for?

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 10:05 PM

I agree

ok :roll: who is it lopsided for?
I have an idea.... but won't say. Besides, it was rejected.

hyundridz
07-13-2006, 10:14 PM
that trade checker dont work for me... everytime i try to type something it deletes it. wont even let me type a letter.

07-13-2006, 10:15 PM
that trade checker dont work for me... everytime i try to type something it deletes it. wont even let me type a letter.

i do it all by hand with a calculator.... :oops:

Scotty D
07-13-2006, 10:16 PM

What site are you guys using?

Use the trade checker on RealGM

http://www.realgm.com/index.php

07-13-2006, 10:19 PM

What site are you guys using?

Use the trade checker on RealGM

http://www.realgm.com/index.php

theres a link on the trades thread.

jetvilma51
07-13-2006, 10:37 PM

07-13-2006, 10:38 PM

there will be a place soon.

LTgiants
07-13-2006, 10:43 PM
so wats the deal with gerald wallace and other bobcats out there? can any 1 sign them or can no one?

WMD
07-13-2006, 10:52 PM
so wats the deal with gerald wallace and other bobcats out there? can any 1 sign them or can no one?

I think they're going to enter the 2007 Draft.. Though I don't even see Emeka Okafor on the Free Agency list.. is he in the game?

LTgiants
07-13-2006, 10:53 PM

I think they're going to enter the 2007 Draft.. Though I don't even see Emeka Okafor on the Free Agency list.. is he in the game?

i was just wondering wat was going on with that

Brodeur

I thought G-Wallace was a FA. I put an offer up for him.

wallace can be signed. others will be in the next draft.

LTgiants
07-13-2006, 10:54 PM

I thought G-Wallace was a FA. I put an offer up for him.

i noticed your offer i dont no wat the deal was so i didnt make an offer

LTgiants
07-13-2006, 10:55 PM
i got another question how do you know who is a rfa and who is ufa

ccB
07-13-2006, 11:04 PM
ne1 else find it wierd for hte howard to needd gerald wallace al harrington and jared jefferies when they all essentially play the same position and the same type of game.

07-13-2006, 11:05 PM
ne1 else find it wierd for hte howard to needd gerald wallace al harrington and jared jefferies when they all essentially play the same position and the same type of game.

he can only get 1 cuz he offered them all his mle.

07-13-2006, 11:06 PM

all of the cant accept and i have a better chance of getting one if i offer to all of them

LTgiants
07-13-2006, 11:07 PM

Scotty D
07-13-2006, 11:10 PM

Common knowledge. I would just research the player a little bit.

ccB
07-13-2006, 11:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2441631

07-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Bernard Robinson and ely are unrestricted i would guess since their is no bobcats

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Bernard Robinson and ely are unrestricted i would guess since their is no bobcats
If they are on the free agent list, they a free to bid on.

07-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Bobby Jones the sg/SF that was drafted this year is a FA... he should be put on his team (philly)

Scotty D
07-13-2006, 11:50 PM
A lot of people aren't following the bidding rules that D-Unit made. He will probably just ignore the bids that are incorrect.

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 11:52 PM
A lot of people aren't following the bidding rules that D-Unit made. He will probably just ignore the bids that are incorrect.
Actually, they look alright... Am I missing something?

Brodeur
07-13-2006, 11:54 PM

Aren't including previous bids in theres.

D-Unit
07-13-2006, 11:55 PM

Ahhhh.... OK.

07-13-2006, 11:57 PM

Ahhhh.... OK.

do i need to go back and do that for my offers?

07-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Memphis is still looking to:
Move Mike Miller

Move Jamal Mashburns 10 mil expiring contract

Move dahantay jones and his 1.886 mil dollar expiring contract

Move Kyle Lowry

PM or AIM

Brodeur
07-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Detroit still wants to move Rip Hamilton and/or Rasheed Wallace.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 12:04 AM

Ahhhh.... OK.

A game without rules is chaos.

07-14-2006, 12:09 AM

Ahhhh.... OK.

does this mean if it isnt done those bids will not count (I did it btw)

Brodeur
07-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Did the salary cap go back to 44 million or something(the cap room page is adjusted to as if it were that).

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 12:13 AM

Ahhhh.... OK.

does this mean if it isnt done those bids will not count (I did it btw)
The devil lies in the details.

DHVF
07-14-2006, 12:21 AM
I gave a shot at getting it back on track.

Scotty D
07-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Utah is in discussions with the Pistons about one of their starting five. There seems to be a hang up and a third team may be needed.

Scotty D
07-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Utah is in discussions with the Pistons about one of their starting five. There seems to be a hang up and a third team may be needed.

Scratch that a trade has been agreed to.

Brodeur
07-14-2006, 12:30 AM
And with that, Derek Fischer is now on the block. Rasheed Wallace is still in the mix.

draftguru151
07-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Kwame Brown is still being shopped around.

07-14-2006, 12:41 AM
the rosters updated again.. like rudy gay now has an A rating

as did warrick he went from c pot to b potential....

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 12:43 AM
*** UPDATE DONE ***

I may do another before I go to sleep if there are more trades completed.

07-14-2006, 12:44 AM
*** UPDATE DONE ***

why did player stats change.... rudy gay went from b potential to A and warrick from c to b.. im not complaining just wondering why

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 12:49 AM
*** UPDATE DONE ***

why did player stats change.... rudy cool went from b potential to A and warrick from c to b.. im not complaining just wondering why
I honestly don't know. Are you making this up?

07-14-2006, 12:50 AM
*** UPDATE DONE ***

why did player stats change.... rudy cool went from b potential to A and warrick from c to b.. im not complaining just wondering why

no several players aroud the leauge changed stats liek tyson chandler went from A potential to B potential i just noticed it
edit
dwight howard now has A potential not B
edit and the kris humphries A potential has been bumbed down... just some examples

Scotty D
07-14-2006, 12:51 AM
*** UPDATE DONE ***

Utah and Detroit have completed a trade, but you need to approve it.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 12:52 AM
*** UPDATE DONE ***

no several players aroud the leauge changed stats liek tyson chandler went from A potential to B potential i just noticed it
Heh. heh... These are the grades that our league is starting off with. The older player file was outdated and miscalculated. This software is new and I'm figuring out more about it. I made some tweaks that I think were appropriate. I don't think there should be any complaints. The game will simulate itself from here on out as far as grades go.

Scotty D
07-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Mr. Hamilton welcome to Utah. 8)

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 01:22 AM
That's a crazy thought. :shock:

Scotty D
07-14-2006, 01:29 AM

It is crazy but thats what makes these things fun. :D

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 01:38 AM

Oh I know... I'm just saying, that moves could pretty much put you over the top... Deron and RIP... niiiice. w/AK47, Boozer and Okur... The Stormin' Mormon's couldn't pray for better. :lol:

BTW, I love Mormons!

07-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Mike Miller must be moved.... he can be yours for CHEAP

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20050408/miller_81587.jpg

Jamal Mashburn can take 10 million off your cap at the end of this season... if he is on your team

Scotty D
07-14-2006, 01:52 AM

Oh I know... I'm just saying, that moves could pretty much put you over the top... Deron and RIP... niiiice. w/AK47, Boozer and Okur... The Stormin' Mormon's couldn't pray for better. :lol:

BTW, I love Mormons!

Oh yeah my starting five is very solid right now. No stopping the Stormin Mormons now. :D . And yeah Mormons are good people. :wink:

DHVF
07-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Sorry about the salaries not working D, I did it through realgm.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 02:31 AM
Sorry about the salaries not working D, I did it through realgm.
Oh no problem. It just wouldn't work when I inputted everything.

Ho0k Em'
07-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Why did Nene's Potential drop to a C. He was at a B and there is no reason for it to drop.

Brodeur
07-14-2006, 11:52 AM
The Detroit Pistons would like to release Milt Palacio to free up room for 2 potential FA signings.

07-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Memphis is looking to package Mikki Moore, Jamal Mashburn and Dahatay Jones and their 13,446,112 in contracts that expire after this season. If you are looking for cap space please come talk to us.

and to get rid of mike miller for a piece of cheese

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Memphis is looking to package Mikki Moore, Jamal Mashburn and Dahatay Jones and their 13,446,112 in contracts that expire after this season. If you are looking for cap space please come talk to us.

and to get rid of mike miller for a piece of cheese
You cannot trade them yet. There is a 60 day trade restriction on all incoming players you trade for.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 12:13 PM
The Detroit Pistons would like to release Milt Palacio to free up room for 2 potential FA signings.
He has been released, but his number still gets counted against your cap.

ccB
07-14-2006, 12:29 PM
I only have 9 ppl on my team and if i use the LLE and the MLE that leaves me wtih 11. Now your sposed to have 12 in the NBA but can i play with 11 since i dont have no cap space.

07-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Memphis would like to release Dahatay Jones and his big bag of nothing.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 12:38 PM
I only have 9 ppl on my team and if i use the LLE and the MLE that leaves me wtih 11. Now your sposed to have 12 in the NBA but can i play with 11 since i dont have no cap space.
You can sign 1 year, 1M dollar contracts from the remaining FAs. It's first come, first serve. ...AFTER THE FA SIGNING PERIOD IS OVER.

07-14-2006, 12:53 PM
why are the denver nuggets now FAs?

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 12:56 PM
why are the denver nuggets now FAs?
I don't know, but I'm updating the web pages as we speak... The newest updates should include all trades up to the RIP trade and Milt Palacio cut. Other than that, everything should be the same.

LTgiants
07-14-2006, 12:58 PM
so i cant make melo an offer?

ccB
07-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Under transactions it says i signed bonzi wells to a 1 year deal but eric piatowski is on my team now. Why?

LTgiants
07-14-2006, 12:59 PM
how come gerald wallaces grades went down so much?

Brodeur
07-14-2006, 01:02 PM

Holy crap did they go down. How the hell is his potential a D?

07-14-2006, 01:07 PM
my players ratings changed again as well..

Edit:
(dont care that they did)

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 01:09 PM

Holy crap did they go down. How the hell is his potential a D?
I don't know. There must be some glitches. I know his grade should be a B. I'm looking at it from the software app right now and it still shows a B for his potential.

I'll let you know when the updates are complete. It usually takes a half an hour for everything to load.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 01:10 PM
my players ratings changed again as well..

Edit:
(dont care that they did)
:lol: I'll let you know when the web pages are up. Ratings should not have changed.

Scotty D
07-14-2006, 01:11 PM
You can sign 1 year, 1M dollar contracts from the remaining FAs. It's first come, first serve. ...AFTER THE FA SIGNING PERIOD IS OVER.

Even if your over the cap?

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 01:16 PM

Even if your over the cap?
Yes.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Why did Nene's Potential drop to a C. He was at a B and there is no reason for it to drop.
This must also be apart of the weird changes, cause I'm looking at him now and he is a B... though I think he should be a C. :wink:

Please be aware of your teams grades prior to the season starting. Nothing should change. Write them down if you have to.

Brodeur
07-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Does Utah's first round pick not show up until like the draft or something on my page?

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Does Utah's first round pick not show up until like the draft or something on my page?
Still updating. Should be there when I make the final announcement that the website has been refreshed.

Dantay Jones should also be dropped and the Nuggets should be ok.

I'll let you guys know when.

ccB
07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
So how did i get Eric Piatowski?

07-14-2006, 02:19 PM
D-Unit just wanted to let you know your doing a great job with this. Thank you and keep up the good work.

07-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Memphis is looking to move mike miller

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 02:32 PM
So how did i get Eric Piatowski?

THESE ARE THE FINAL UPDATES THAT WILL BE MADE FOR OUR SEASON. ANYTHING HERE ON OUT IS DETERMINED BY THE MOVES OF OUR LEAGUE.

Thanks for the info WMD!

The website is in the process of updating the site with these transactions. Shavlik Randolph is not available in this game. Just wanted to say the site might have a few hiccups while the pages update.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 02:35 PM
D-Unit just wanted to let you know your doing a great job with this. Thank you and keep up the good work.
Thank you, humbly.

All of the rosters should be up to date. Let me know if there are any discrepancies. All player grades should be what they are. Keep your records.

ccB
07-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Damn real life suns. I dont want piatowski. but that helps with depth i suppose

SeanTaylorRIP
07-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Is there an NBDL type thing where we can store players, and can we cut some players now to make room for Free Agents?

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Is there an NBDL type thing where we can store players, and can we cut some players now to make room for Free Agents?
No.

Brodeur
07-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Thank you, humbly.

All of the rosters should be up to date. Let me know if there are any discrepancies. All player grades should be what they are. Keep your records.

Utah still has it's first round pick and Delfino's potential should be at least a C(I think it was previously).

Good job on the site, I'll say that though.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Thank you, humbly.

Utah still has it's first round pick and Delfino's potential should be at least a C(I think it was previously).

Good job on the site, I'll say that though.
Let's wait to see how the other draft picks appear... I know it's yours though.

Maybe we have to wait for the season to begin or something. I don't know. Keep an eye on it.

07-14-2006, 04:16 PM
The pacers are looking to package steven jackson and another player for a quality sg. make your offers.

WMD
07-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Dallas Mavericks are listening to all trade proposals!

There is room in my PM box for 8 more messages. I'll be gone tonight but i'll check out your trade proposals when I get back. Everyone except Dirk is up for trade.. Be sure to get your offers in!

If you're looking for cap space, I have Jerry Stackhouse and Austin Croshere who are in the last years of their deals.. I have everything you could possibly want! Just check out the potential for Pavel Podkolzin (the future defensive monster) and Maurice Ager, who will be able to shoot the lights out. You know you want those young stallions on your team.

art vandelay
07-14-2006, 04:32 PM
If anyone wants out, I want in

07-14-2006, 04:50 PM
If anyone wants out, I want in

ur already on the waiting list.

LTgiants
07-14-2006, 06:21 PM
This trade gets rejected because Shane Battier has a 60 Day Trade Restriction.

How Come Battier is on a 60 days restriction ?

Scotty D
07-14-2006, 06:23 PM

Becuase he just got traded.

LTgiants
07-14-2006, 06:24 PM

so wat if your able to trade rookies i should be able to trade him

07-14-2006, 06:26 PM

its just the rules. no ones gonna change em for you.

Scotty D
07-14-2006, 06:26 PM

I think the rule is that a player that has recently been traded can be dealt if they are the only player from the team included in the deal. Thats how the Pistons got Rasheed Wallace when he was traded to Atlanta and played one game.

LTgiants
07-14-2006, 06:30 PM

I think the rule is that a player that has recently been traded can be dealt if they are the only player from the team included in the deal. Thats how the Pistons got Rasheed Wallace when he was traded to Atlanta and played one game.

i was trading bob sura with him so what you say about that

Homicide
07-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Trying to trade Elton Brand still. Hit me up with offers.

art vandelay
07-14-2006, 08:15 PM
I will be joining the Lakers organization as co-Gm with draftguru151.

draftguru151
07-14-2006, 08:19 PM
I will be joining the Lakers organization as co-Gm with draftguru151.

I'm veryfying this.

Scotty D
07-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Utah needs a veteran back up point guard.

art vandelay
07-14-2006, 08:52 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers are accepting trade offers for any players (including Kobe, at the right price). Please PM me with any offers.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 09:13 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers are accepting trade offers for any players (including Kobe, at the right price). Please PM me with any offers.
What is your AIM username? That is required... The reason why Moses isn't here anymore.

Eaglez.Fan
07-14-2006, 09:25 PM
If u want-

Eddy Curry
Stephon Marbury or
Steve Francis

contact me now!

Eaglez.Fan
07-14-2006, 09:28 PM
If anyone want's to be my assistant GM then contact me

how can the hawks do a sign and trade with harrington if he isnt even signed yet?

D-Unit
ghetto,
Are you signing Al Harrington to a Max Contract? That's the only way for you to involve him in a Sign and Trade now. Since you can offer him the most as his previous team and would automatically make it impossible for others to out bid you. Because otherwise, there might be someone who overbids your current 6.5M offer. Since the rules were not clear, I will allow you to adjust your bid. However, if you are confident in that bid, and want to keep it, then if you do end up with Harrington, only then can you do your sign and trade.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 09:33 PM
There is also another delimna we must resolve as a group.

Apparently, I was unaware that rookies could not be traded until 90 days after they signed their contracts. This rule would have prevented the trade of Rodney Carney to the Rockets.

Should I undo that trade since the season hasn't started and continue with that rule? Or do we want to toss that rule aside?

Scotty D
07-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Toss it aside.

Ho0k Em'
07-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Still looking to move Kenyon for a SG.

07-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Toss it aside.

Eaglez.Fan
07-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Toss it aside.

The king has spoken.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Ok. Rookies can be traded with no restraint other than the 60 day trade restriction.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Toss it aside.

The king has spoken.
That would be the Queen. :lol:

Eaglez.Fan
07-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Ok. Rookies can be traded with no restraint other than the 60 day trade restriction.

okay, no restraints all together cuz its not fair, just no restrictions.

Eaglez.Fan
Toss it aside.

The king has spoken.
That would be the Queen. :lol:

whatever :lol: :lol: :lol:

D-Unit

It's real life. Deal with it.

Eaglez.Fan
07-14-2006, 09:50 PM

Rookies :roll:

And that's a stupid rule

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 09:54 PM

And that's a stupid rule
So we should just toss out all the rules now? How about no salary cap? How about kidnapping players in the night? Cause I'm the only one who could do that. :twisted: How about, we take out the traveling violation, double dribble, make the 3 point line worth 10 points and dunks worth 20, how about we make all the players grades A++++'s across the board... what else??? They're ALL stupid rules... Who wants to play a game without rules????? :roll:

art vandelay
07-14-2006, 09:56 PM

And that's a stupid rule
So we should just toss out all the rules now? How about no salary cap? How about kidnapping players in the night? Cause I'm the only one who could do that. :twisted: How about, we take out the traveling violation, double dribble, make the 3 point line worth 10 points and dunks worth 20, how about we make all the players grades A++++'s across the board... what else??? They're ALL stupid rules... Who wants to play a game without rules????? :roll:

I agree and I think you should enforce the rookie rule.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 09:58 PM

And that's a stupid rule

You don't know how much respect you've gained in my eyes by that comment. True gamesmanship.

DHVF
07-14-2006, 10:03 PM
The Atlanta/LA trade is completely dependant on Al Harrington resigning with the Hawks, isn't it?

jetvilma51
07-14-2006, 10:03 PM

And that's a stupid rule

:shock:

you can do that!!! that would be pretty sweet, except the kidnapping players in the night cause thats a little harse

art vandelay
07-14-2006, 10:12 PM

And that's a stupid rule

You don't know how much respect you've gained in my eyes by that comment. True gamesmanship.

Thanks man. I never like to do those cheating things in Madden because it really ruins the game. This is the closest you can get to authentic, IMO.

D-Unit

And that's a stupid rule

:shock:

you can do that!!! that would be pretty sweet, except the kidnapping players in the night cause thats a little harse
Some guys just don't get it...

No I cannot do that. That was an exhaggeration. We need rules in place in order for this game to have integrity.

D-Unit
The Atlanta/LA trade is completely dependant on Al Harrington resigning with the Hawks, isn't it?
Has to be.

DHVF
07-14-2006, 11:27 PM
The Minnesota Timberwolves release Richie Frahm and Craig Smith.

D-Unit
07-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Roster cuts completed.

Ho0k Em'
07-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Roster cuts completed.

When we make trades we can cut players then waive them back to their former teams right?

D-Unit
07-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Roster cuts completed.

When we make trades we can cut players then waive them back to their former teams right?
You can cut them, but you keep their salaries on the books. Then any team can sign them out of free agency.

07-15-2006, 12:30 AM

Apparently, I was unaware that rookies could not be traded until 90 days after they signed their contracts. This rule would have prevented the trade of Rodney Carney to the Rockets.

Should I undo that trade since the season hasn't started and continue with that rule? Or do we want to toss that rule aside?

reject the rediculous trades rules are rules and should be followed

07-15-2006, 12:31 AM

also the detroit trade

ronnie brewer