PDA

View Full Version : Is this racist?

frogstomp
07-04-2006, 06:56 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/d/b/0db1831ebfd1ae3a6c2782b6e3b1e084.jpg

Some people are making a big deal out of it. I want to know your opinion.
Personally, I don't see it as that racist... but I guess I could see it being bad if it was the other way around, and they had a black guy beating up a white guy saying "Black is coming."

Meh.

ny10804
07-04-2006, 06:57 PM
If it said "by popular demand", then yes.

mav91
07-04-2006, 07:00 PM
not racist...

bad image choice tho...why is she about to give the person a choke slam

Nerv
07-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Who cares. People who cry racism on everything should be lined up and shot.

mav91
07-04-2006, 07:01 PM
^ racist.... :lol:

NewAgePack
07-04-2006, 07:02 PM
:shock: , it may have been an accident but that's racist, if there's a such thing as accdental racism. seriously that isn't right. and i don't cry racism on everything.

steelersfan43
07-04-2006, 07:02 PM
preach on

rainbeaukid2
07-04-2006, 07:04 PM
its not a very good image

PACKmanN
07-04-2006, 07:06 PM
NOOOOOOO. Its just saying a white PSP is coming out.

BuckNaked
07-04-2006, 07:11 PM
What the hell were they thinking though. Obviously there would be some people thinking it was racist. They should've just made a completely different billboard.

rchrd
07-04-2006, 07:12 PM
^ racist.... :lol:

You'll feel pretty stupid if you find yourself in a firing line over the next couple of days 8)

KILLERSANTA
07-04-2006, 07:13 PM
no...but funny :lol:

Namy
07-04-2006, 10:55 PM
It wasn't made with racist intentions, but the racial implications that can be drawn from it are evident. A stupid business move.

detroit4life
07-04-2006, 10:57 PM
oh come on how can u say this is racist that like callin the black ipods racist

frogstomp
07-04-2006, 11:37 PM

Because the Ipod never had a commercial with a black guy beating up a white guy saying "the blacks are coming."

BuckNaked
07-04-2006, 11:37 PM

Because the Ipod never had a commercial with a black guy beating up a white guy saying "the blacks are coming."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FlutiesDropKick
07-04-2006, 11:38 PM

:lol: :lol: that would be the greatest ipod commercial ever....unless they had one for the nano that said "the midgets are coming"

3projectPAT6
07-04-2006, 11:41 PM
its a stupid idea for an add. and its not racist, id say its racially insensitive. i understand a white PSP is coming but why do you need a white lady beating up a black women?

it implies that once the white PSP comes out black PSP and through its imagery black people aswell will become inferior. a very poor choice from some add agency.

frogstomp
07-04-2006, 11:42 PM
its a stupid idea for an add. and its not racist, id say its racially insensitive. i understand a white PSP is coming but why do you need a white lady beating up a black women?

it implies that once the white PSP comes out black PSP and through its imagery black people aswell will become inferior. a very poor choice from some add agency.

That is almost the exact definition of racist... :?

BuckNaked
07-04-2006, 11:45 PM

So, this ad is in fact racist. Frogstomp, if me and you sue Sony we could get a helluva lot of money.

theshark08
07-04-2006, 11:46 PM
no but it's stupid.

frogstomp
07-04-2006, 11:46 PM

So, this ad is in fact racist. Frogstomp, if me and you sue Sony we could get a helluva lot of money.

I doubt the court would feel sorry for me, seeing as I'm white... but hey, you never know. :P

cunningham06
07-04-2006, 11:48 PM
That is racist.

snuff
07-04-2006, 11:49 PM
I would say it was racist if I could possibly win a few million dollars, but it really doesn't bother me.

07-04-2006, 11:53 PM
That is racist.
but I could care less

Moses
07-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Maybe I'm just insensitive but I don't see that as racist. I don't really see any negative conatation towards blacks, whites, or any other race in the advertisement so I don't see the problem.

BuckNaked
07-04-2006, 11:56 PM

I doubt the court would feel sorry for me, seeing as I'm white... but hey, you never know. :P

We can do what the Wayans brothers did in White chicks, but the exact opposite.

PACKmanN
07-04-2006, 11:56 PM
I would say it was racist if I could possibly win a few million dollars, but it really doesn't bother me.
LIE! 8)

iworshipbender
07-04-2006, 11:57 PM
DOWN WITH SONY AND PLAYSTATION :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

frogstomp
07-04-2006, 11:59 PM

As long as I don't have to play with any dildos, I'm in.

cunningham06
07-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Typical, typical. The white man is holding the black man down once again

BuckNaked
07-05-2006, 12:16 AM

As long as I don't have to play with any dildos, I'm in.

We need to get hooked up with some of those body suits.

frogstomp
07-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Typical, typical. The white man is holding the black man down once again

The white woman?

"those damn pink nipples."

VoteLynnSwan
07-05-2006, 12:50 AM
it definitely has racist connotations, and seems like a poor choice. I'm surprised they'd even run that, not that it matters, people will pressure Sony to take it down, and they will, because they are spineless.

It doesn't bother me at all though, but you can't give anyone a reason to call something racist.

Poor choice sony, poor choice.

ihatebarry
07-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Sure, it is racist. It's pointing out that black people are different than white people because of the color of their skin, but we're flooded with images like that everyday, albeit not as obviously, but they are there all the same and no one complains about it. Personally, I think it's a brilliant business move. If it causes controversy, it being put out there on an even wider base.

renegade17
07-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Not racist, but it sure as hell doesn't make me want to buy a PSP.

renegade17
07-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Sure, it is racist. It's pointing out that black people are different than white people because of the color of their skin...

Why not the opposite? Why isn't it that it points out that whites are different than blacks? :roll:

RyanLeaf#1
07-05-2006, 08:10 AM

I totally agree.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-05-2006, 08:20 AM
It wasn't made with racist intentions, but the racial implications that can be drawn from it are evident. A stupid business move.

I agree, horrible business move on their part.

Merlin
07-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I don't see it as racist, the white woman could be about to plant a kiss on the black women.......that would be cool :shock: :lol: :wink:

07-05-2006, 08:47 AM
I don't see it as racist, the white woman could be about to plant a kiss on the black women.......that would be cool :shock: :lol: :wink:

i thought it was a black guy.

ihatebarry
07-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Sure, it is racist. It's pointing out that black people are different than white people because of the color of their skin...

Why not the opposite? Why isn't it that it points out that whites are different than blacks? :roll:

What's the difference man? If you really took offense to the way I worded that you need to grow some thicker skin.

stephenson86
07-05-2006, 10:08 AM
i find it bloody racist the thing was black in the irs place and there wasnt both colours from the start

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-05-2006, 01:23 PM
I don't think making a white PSP is racist, but that poster is one that certainly can give someone those thoughts. I mean look at it.

07-05-2006, 01:52 PM
As long as they dont make one where the black guy iis in shackles and is getting whipped by his "masta" then i think its fine.

renegade17
07-05-2006, 01:55 PM

What's the difference man? If you really took offense to the way I worded that you need to grow some thicker skin.

LOL, your the one that pointed out "racism". I'm just pointing out that you should refrain from doing so. Nobody cares.

nobodyinparticular
07-05-2006, 02:04 PM
That picture is not a white person beating up a black person, it's actually more sensual like she's saying "Look at me!" Whatever...

stephenson86
07-05-2006, 02:07 PM
That picture is not a white person beating up a black person, it's actually more sensual like she's saying "Look at me!" Whatever...
wellllllllll said

MaxV
07-05-2006, 02:11 PM
That's a very stupid ad on Playstation's part.

Is it racist? I'm ussually not very high on political-correctness, but that's going over the line. I think you can make a case for that being racist.

stephenson86
07-05-2006, 02:14 PM
That's a very stupid ad on Playstation's part.

Is it racist? I'm ussually not very high on political-correctness, but that's going over the line. I think you can make a case for that being racist.
meh

The Unseen
07-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Odd? Yes.

Racist? No.

Shane P. Hallam
07-05-2006, 03:55 PM
It definitely gives a poor depiction. Not racist, just heavily insensitive. Not sure how it got through the company all the way to a Bulletin Board...

BuckNaked
07-05-2006, 03:58 PM
It definitely gives a poor depiction. Not racist, just heavily insensitive. Not sure how it got through the company all the way to a Bulletin Board...

You mean a billboard?

07-05-2006, 03:58 PM

Personally, I don't see it as that racist... but I guess I could see it being bad if it was the other way around, and they had a black guy beating up a white guy saying "Black is coming."

Meh.
i dont know yes or no but i know thats not legal because the kids like 15 yrs old

Shane P. Hallam
07-05-2006, 03:59 PM

You mean a billboard?

I meant from the billboard to our Board? I've got nothing. :oops:

stephenson86
07-05-2006, 04:00 PM

You mean a billboard?

I meant from the billboard to our Board? I've got nothing. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cuzifelt1ikeit
07-05-2006, 05:11 PM
why does it have to be white? why cant it be yellow?

if this is considered racist couldnt the h3 commercial be also, where the little guy suggest why not make it smaller? (thats what she said) maybe not racist but at least discrimminating.

Shane P. Hallam
07-05-2006, 05:15 PM

if this is considered racist couldnt the h3 commercial be also, where the little guy suggest why not make it smaller? (thats what she said) maybe not racist but at least discrimminating.

But midgets aren't really as prominent a minority as blacks, thus why it comes out now. Society more cares about color than height...

ATLDirtyBirds
07-05-2006, 05:18 PM

But midgets aren't really as prominent a minority as blacks, thus why it comes out now. Society more cares about color than height...

Exactly.

duckseason
07-05-2006, 05:21 PM
rac·ism

NOUN:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Shane P. Hallam
07-05-2006, 05:23 PM
rac·ism

NOUN:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

That's the "dictionary" definition. But scientifically, being racist means you hold down a race (ie: hating/killing blacks is not racist, but being an NBA owner and not have any black players on your team or any blacks in your front office, you are not giving them jobs, thus you are racist). I took a whole class about it, sounds weird, but it makes sense.

duckseason
07-05-2006, 05:35 PM
rac·ism

NOUN:

That's the "dictionary" definition. But scientifically, being racist means you hold down a race (ie: hating/killing blacks is not racist, but being an NBA owner and not have any black players on your team or any blacks in your front office, you are not giving them jobs, thus you are racist). I took a whole class about it, sounds weird, but it makes sense.

I disagree with your teacher. (based off what you've said). Hating another person because of their particular race, is racism.
I'd be interested to hear your teacher explain what he/she means.
Not quite sure where science plays a role in all this either. It's just the definition of a word.

iworshipbender
07-05-2006, 05:36 PM
i think its a lil kinky

07-05-2006, 10:00 PM
What the hell were they thinking though. Obviously there would be some people thinking it was racist. They should've just made a completely different billboard.

you have by far the best avatar on this site.

comahan
07-05-2006, 10:01 PM
I dont think its racist, but I can see why people would think so.

scorchin
07-06-2006, 09:43 AM
It's not racist, it just gives blacks something else to cry about though. They always try and change things around. It gets real old.

GermanSaint
07-06-2006, 06:19 PM
yes

07-06-2006, 06:21 PM
lol that black guy is so black that i didn't even notice him in the picture the first time i looked at it

CGF 216/137
07-06-2006, 06:22 PM
hell no. But i'm white so i'm not allowed to talk about this unless i'm bttching about it being racist. :roll:

steelersfan43
07-06-2006, 06:31 PM

Meh.
i dont know yes or no but i know thats not legal because the kids like 15 yrs old

why do you have to be over 15 to be on a billboard.
ps why do you have your picture as your sig and avitar... its weird

07-06-2006, 10:05 PM
If that is racist, then the commercial for the BET awards was racist. The only person not black was an annoying white guy that kept on asking damon wayans to do Homie the Clown. And on top of that, he gets stabbed in the end.

And since I brought up BET, why can't there be a WET? Think of the possibilities....they could make a show called Dreams and then you could refer to it as WET's Dreams

07-06-2006, 10:09 PM
If you think thats racist, I think you're dumb.

Smokey Joe
07-06-2006, 10:12 PM
No. It is not racist, and those who do are the actual racists.

HawkeyeFan
07-07-2006, 03:41 AM
At first I said no because I didn't see the black guy in it. Now I seen him and Yes this is racist.

CGF 216/137
07-07-2006, 04:10 AM
At first I said no because I didn't see the black guy in it. Now I seen him and Yes this is racist.

How :?