PDA

View Full Version : Alan Faneca WILL NOT be resigned by Pittsburgh after this season!

steel man
04-06-2007, 10:23 AM
They just said on Cold Pizza that Alan Faneca WILL NOT be resigned by Pittsburgh after this season!

PittPete
04-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Do "They" pay his salary? Mr. Rooney will ultimately decide on this matter. However, with the amount of money mediocre guards are getting on the open market, Faneca will command a fortune. Since the recent trend for the Steelers is to overpay many so-so lineman instead of rewarding premier ones, I can imagine a future of Max Starks/Kendall Simmons/Mahan et. manning the trenches. This is the one element of our team that has me most worried.

Sly
04-06-2007, 11:45 AM
I can imagine a future of Max Starks/Kendall Simmons/Mahan et. manning the trenches. This is the one element of our team that has me most worried.

This is a frightening scenario. (Barring last season)Faneca's the best O lineman we've had since Dirt retired. I say pay him. I'd almost be tempted to say franchise him but he's starting to get long in the tooth...

DeathbyStat
04-06-2007, 01:22 PM
I say keep him but logically he can't be resigned after this season because of the redic contracts that lineman with half the ability of Faneca are receiving.....however if he is going to be gone any way trade him and get something for him....i had the same opinion on Porter

Man_Of_Steel
04-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I wont believe it until it happens.

mikehop05
04-06-2007, 02:29 PM
i think hes as good as gone, if given the opportunity to goto 'zona i say hes 100% gone

i say good riddence, if he doesnt want to be a steeler then leave..

but if he does want to stay and be a steeler but wants hutchinson type money, which im sure he'll want, then i dont see us resigning him...

not with youger guys needing to get paid, like troy and ben

Smooth Criminal
04-06-2007, 05:23 PM
I'd rather save the money on Troy and Ben both needing resigned so. Can't have all of them.

Problem about saying trade him and get something for him is that teams don't like to give much up for older players. We'd be hardpressed to get more than a low 2nd rounder. Plus if he plays out his contract and not resigned we'll get a 3rd round comp pick. I'd rather get his play this year and the 3rd rounder than a low 2nd rounder.

DeathbyStat
04-06-2007, 05:42 PM
If we can't keep em please....please, please trade him

steel man
04-06-2007, 07:59 PM
they said that with us signing Troy there would not be enough money and of course you know we are keeping Ben, so it was between Troy and Alan and they said that people from Pittsburgh said Both are the best at their pos., but Troy is younger and it is harder to find a #1 safty than OL. I agree100% but the only thing that worries me is protecting Ben. if Ben is the franchise then you want your best players protecting him, but Troy is to good to let go and i can not imagine us without him, he is the best safty in the NFL

richdg
04-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Rumors. that is all this is. There has been talk of working on an extention. I'll bet it does happen. If it does not, then one more strike against the new management. Letting the best G in football leave, the only one that can block every down. Not a good way to encourage your franchize QB to stay. I think he will resign, something in the 4-5 years 45-55 million range. If anyone is risky signing long term, it is Troy. he has had 6 concusions already. Everyone has been forced into retirement at 8.

mikehop05
04-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Rumors. that is all this is. There has been talk of working on an extention. I'll bet it does happen. If it does not, then one more strike against the new management. Letting the best G in football leave, the only one that can block every down. Not a good way to encourage your franchize QB to stay. I think he will resign, something in the 4-5 years 45-55 million range. If anyone is risky signing long term, it is Troy. he has had 6 concusions already. Everyone has been forced into retirement at 8.

has he really had 6 concussions?

also it seems like fanecad oesnt even want to be here so why would we keep him long term?

richdg
04-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Why would you say that? He is/has been one of our team leaders the past few years. Yes, Troy has has 6 that we know about. 3 at USC and 3 more with us. That is the only good news. He has spread them out over the last 7 years.

mikehop05
04-07-2007, 04:59 PM
faneca was openly pissed about us not signing grimm / whis as the HC, he hasnt reported to camp yet that i know of, whereas all of the other big names have

seems like hes not pleased

NFLBOY
04-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Maybe he knows more about the changes in Pittsburgh than we do, and that is why he isn't happy. Being a player, he might not like the new direction the Steelers are going in. I hope we keep him and sign him to decent money, he is the best guard out there right now and if we lose him, we will really be hurting on the o-line.

Smooth Criminal
04-08-2007, 07:23 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with the direction of the team. I think Faneca plans on holding out for more money and a new deal all through training camp and he's starting now.

mikehop05
04-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Maybe he knows more about the changes in Pittsburgh than we do, and that is why he isn't happy. Being a player, he might not like the new direction the Steelers are going in. I hope we keep him and sign him to decent money, he is the best guard out there right now and if we lose him, we will really be hurting on the o-line.

well if he knows something hes the only one since all the other vets are at camp and seem happy

richdg
04-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Ward isn't happy either. So far, we cut our D and ST captians, and the 2 captians on O (Faneca and ward) are mad. Ward is mad about cutting Porter by the way.

mikehop05
04-08-2007, 09:57 PM
yeah ward called porter and was pissed then, but im looking at these pictures of their camp, which he is at (to reiterate) at steelers.com and he seems like his usual self

terribletowel39
04-08-2007, 11:56 PM
i just went through the pictures that you were talking about and i liked some of the things i saw. i liked that Simmons was sweating and alot of our old guys were out there. is it just me or was it weird that there wasn't a picture of Tomlin anywhere in the Day 11 slideshow?? not even in the background. also i didn't see Fast Willie. did he not decided to go?? i no this has nothing to do with the topic but just some questions i thought i would ask.

leoobeid32
04-08-2007, 11:58 PM
F*ing ward.. Trade ward and Faneca! build a whole new team. the only good thing there is Sant, and the coach. Also, i HOPE the steelers Surprise everyone and take Jarvis Moss and Marcus McCauley 2nd round. and Switch to a 4-3 this year.:cool:

terribletowel39
04-09-2007, 12:04 AM
F*ing ward.. Trade ward and Faneca! build a whole new team. the only good thing there is Sant, and the coach. Also, i HOPE the steelers Surprise everyone and take Jarvis Moss and Marcus McCauley 2nd round. and Switch to a 4-3 this year.:cool:

please leave. no real steeler fan says trade ward or F ward. this is by far the dumbest post i have ever read while lurking and posting on NFLDC. if i knew you personally i think i would have to chop off your nuts for that ridiculous comment and for a guy to say that, you know you said something Fed up.

richdg
04-09-2007, 09:10 AM
F Ward?!?! No, back at you! I find it funny that you think the only thing good is a coach, who has no track record, and a Wr who drops the ball all the time. If I am not mistaken, we did win the freaking SB last year! Not bad. Considering neither the coach nor the wr was on the team! Just some no name guys like Ward, Porter, Faneca, etc..............

terribletowel39
04-09-2007, 09:45 AM
since the DA posted the insanely ******** comment, i don't think anyone will see mine before hand, so i am posting it again. let me know what yall think, if it was on purpose, if yall know something i don't.

i just went through the pictures that you were talking about and i liked some of the things i saw. i liked that Simmons was sweating and alot of our old guys were out there. is it just me or was it weird that there wasn't a picture of Tomlin anywhere in the Day 11 slideshow?? not even in the background. also i didn't see Fast Willie. did he not decided to go?? i no this has nothing to do with the topic but just some questions i thought i would ask.

mikehop05
04-09-2007, 10:23 AM
as far as tomlin goes he may miss some time there as we are hosting rookies, etc.

i didnt see willie either, maybe he just didnt get photographed, i havnt heard of him skipping camp though

also simmons needs to change his shirt

mikehop05
04-09-2007, 10:25 AM

you're an idiot, i was going to argue but no its just not even worth it

though i agree about faneca if he doesnt pull his head outa his butt and stop crying about the changes

terribletowel39
04-09-2007, 10:39 AM
as far as tomlin goes he may miss some time there as we are hosting rookies, etc.

i didnt see willie either, maybe he just didnt get photographed, i havnt heard of him skipping camp though

also simmons needs to change his shirt

yea i see where you are coming from but you would think they would have gotten one picture of him doing some kinda coaching. and c'mon now you know 40 yrs from now you are going to be repping your fav college. granted everytime you see him working out and not in a steeler jersey, he is wearing that same Auburn shirt. i think since he joined the steelers, during the picture of training camp and what not, he has had that shirt on. might be a superstition.

mikehop05
04-09-2007, 12:58 PM
yea i see where you are coming from but you would think they would have gotten one picture of him doing some kinda coaching. and c'mon now you know 40 yrs from now you are going to be repping your fav college. granted everytime you see him working out and not in a steeler jersey, he is wearing that same Auburn shirt. i think since he joined the steelers, during the picture of training camp and what not, he has had that shirt on. might be a superstition.

lol well if its superstition its time to change cuz it aint doin much for him!

terribletowel39
04-09-2007, 03:17 PM
lol well if its superstition its time to change cuz it aint doin much for him!

true, if i am wearing my white jersey and we are loosing, i change into my black one. of course that doesn't always help haha but if what you are doing ain't working, change needs to be made.

mikehop05
04-09-2007, 03:49 PM
true, if i am wearing my white jersey and we are loosing, i change into my black one. of course that doesn't always help haha but if what you are doing ain't working, change needs to be made.

yeah during the playoffs last year i made my whole family sit in the exact spots where we were watching the game after the first playoff win

coincidently i got the real comfy couch too

Mr. Stiller
04-11-2007, 08:53 AM
They just said on Cold Pizza that Alan Faneca WILL NOT be resigned by Pittsburgh after this season!

They said the same thing about Ward when he threatened to hold out. Faneca is using the media to negotiate his next contract. I'm not saying he will be back, I think he'll leave, but it's not because he's not happy here, it's because we won't pay him what he wants.

glennjamen3
04-17-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't think ward is all that pissed. Yeah he didn't like that porter was cut but he also made sure that he was the first one to camp (which he was) to show his support for the team. ward 999 times out of 1000 will do what is best for the team. he doesn't hold grudges. I doubt he'll be anything but helpful.

as for faneca, he's always seemed to be a bit selfish and resistant to change but its worth putting up with becasue he is incredible at what he does. I really hope we extend him but not at the expense of our team.