4. Minnesota
5. Ohio State
6. Purdue
7. Iowa
8. Northwestern
9. Illinois
10. Michigan State
11. Indiana

Ohio State lost 18 seniors from last years team and Pittman, Ginn, Gonzalez.

Michigan has the best WR, RB and the best O-lineman in the country in Manningham, Hart, and Jake Long.

Minnesota has one of the easiest schedules in the Big Ten with Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue on the schedule, Ohio State at home, Wisconsin at home.

Wisconsin returns a ton of guys including P.J. Hill. The loss of Thomas and Stocco will hurt be they are too talented and too experienced to drop off too much.

princefielder28
04-06-2007, 11:37 AM
You underrated Iowa too much; they may have lost Tate but their defense will be tough and they'll have a solid running game

nextyear5
04-06-2007, 11:51 AM
You underrated Iowa too much; they may have lost Tate but their defense will be tough and they'll have a solid running game

OK, but they went 6-7 with Tate last year, I'm not sure how they'll be any better without him. And while Albert Young is a very good runner, he can't run it every play.

princefielder28
04-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Another thing: Indiana will be better than last becuase Thigpen and Lewis are back and they could contend for a bowl game

Sniper
04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Enough about Iowa. They're supposed to be good every friggin year according to ESPN and they make Drew Tate out to be the next Tom Brady. Let it go, Iowa is not that good. The way people talk about Kirk Ferentz makes you think he created the game and invented the forward pass
1. Michigan
2. Ohio State
3. Wisconsin
4. Penn State
5. Minnesota
6. Indiana
7. Illinois
8. Iowa
9. Purdue
10. Northwestern
11. Michigan State

gstock05
04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Having Minnesota above Ohio State is a Joke....

Not even gonna bother to argue this one because it'll be impossible.

nextyear5
04-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Having Minnesota above Ohio State is a Joke....

Not even gonna bother to argue this one because it'll be impossible.

OK, lets see Minnesota's schedule.

Bowling Green-Win
Miami (Ohio)-Win
at Florida Atlantic-Win
Purdue-Win
Ohio State-?
at Indiana-Win
at Northwestern-Win
North Dakota State-Win
at Michigan-?
Illinois-Win
at Iowa-?
Wisconsin-?

That's 8-4 if they don't win at home against Wisconsin or Ohio State or at Michigan or Iowa.

Ohio State

Youngstown St-Win
Akron-Win
at Washington-Win
Northwestern-Win
at Minnesota-?
at Purdue-Win
Kent State-Win
Michigan State-Win
at Penn State-?
Wisconsin-?
Illinois-Win
at Michigan-Loss

Buckeyes also 8-4 if they don't beat Penn State, Wisconsin or Minnesota.
Ohio State lost 18 seniors last year including Troy Smith and Quinn Pitcock and juniors like Pittman, Ginn, Gonzalez. Minnesota ahead of Ohio State isn't that far-fetched.

cardsalltheway
04-06-2007, 03:39 PM
1. Michigan
2. Wisconsin
3. Penn State
4. Minnesota
5. Ohio State
6. Purdue
7. Iowa
8. Northwestern
9. Illinois
10. Michigan State
11. Indiana

IU last? Come on now.

Vikes99ej
04-06-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't why people have the Gophers in the top half of the conference. New coach, new QB, lost starting WR and TE, and questions at RB and defense. They'll be good in 2-3 years, but they'll be lucky to be over .500 this year.

nextyear5
04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
I don't why people have the Gophers in the top half of the conference. New coach, new QB, lost starting WR and TE, and questions at RB and defense. They'll be good in 2-3 years, but they'll be lucky to be over .500 this year.

Which team doesn't have a new QB this year in the Big Ten? Seriously, QUESTIONS AT RB? Amir Pinnix-1,000 Yard Rusher 2 years in a row? They return 9 out of 11 starters on defense, obviously not a great defense but can only get better from here. Gophers easily have 7 wins.

Vikes99ej
04-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Which team doesn't have a new QB this year in the Big Ten? Seriously, QUESTIONS AT RB? Amir Pinnix-1,000 Yard Rusher 2 years in a row? They return 9 out of 11 starters on defense, obviously not a great defense but can only get better from here. Gophers easily have 7 wins.

All of those teams with questions at QB have defenses that have proven more than adequate the last few years. To put it nicely, the Gophers defense has been below-average.

cardsalltheway
04-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Another thing: Indiana will be better than last becuase Thigpen and Lewis are back and they could contend for a bowl game

IU will be in a bowl game next year. Guaranteed.

TheGunShow
04-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Michigan
Wisconsin
Penn State
Ohio State
Iowa
Purdue
Illinois
Michigan State
Northwestern
Minnesota
Indiana

HawkeyeFan
04-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Iowa 7th? Are you kidding? Yea, we lost Drew Tate but Christenson or Arvell Nelson will be starting and are going to be pretty good, we have a very good backfield with Albert Young and Damien Sims and have Tony Moeki who was the #1 Rated Tight End in the Nation 2 years ago, and our Defense only lose our two starting safeties.

We don't play Michigan or Ohio State next year, We'll finish Top 4 in the Big 10 next season.

Oh, and we're off the Radar which is very good for us.

Michigan
04-06-2007, 04:45 PM
1. Michigan
2. Ohio State
3. Penn State
4. Wisconsin
5. Iowa
6. Purdue
7. Indiana
8. Minnesota
9. Illinois
10. Northwestern
11. Michigan State

princefielder28
04-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Iowa 7th? Are you kidding? Yea, we lost Drew Tate but Christenson or Arvell Nelson will be starting and are going to be pretty good, we have a very good backfield with Albert Young and Damien Sims and have Tony Moeki who was the #1 Rated Tight End in the Nation 2 years ago, and our Defense only lose our two starting safeties.

We don't play Michigan or Ohio State next year, We'll finish Top 4 in the Big 10 next season.

Oh, and we're off the Radar which is very good for us.

You're on my radar.

RoyHall#1
04-06-2007, 08:21 PM
How does Minnesota have a chance to score against Ohio State? Michigan might be better than OSU but no way OSU is losing any other games.

GB12
04-06-2007, 08:33 PM
1.Michigan
2.Wisconsin
3.OSU
4.PSU
5.Indiana
6.Iowa
7.Illinois
8.Purdue
9.Minnesota
10.Michigan State
11.Northwestern

snuff
04-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I could see tOSU going down the road of PSU last year. I think they will be decent, but I don't trust who ever is playing QB.

I think PJ Hill will start getting shut down as he will be keyed on and there is game tape now.

Michidan's defense will cost them a game or two.

PSU will continue to suffer on offense and it will cost them a game or two.

Iowa doesn't even play a decent team this year and should be kicked out of the big-10.

Northwester and MSU are going to be terrible and at the bottom.

Juice will win the heisman.

Gang Green
04-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Easily Michigan: Best QB, RB, WR, and OL in the Big 10. Some question marks on Defense but they should be fine.

gstock05
04-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Bowling Green-Win
Miami (Ohio)-Win
at Florida Atlantic-Win
Purdue-Win
Ohio State-?
at Indiana-Win
at Northwestern-Win
North Dakota State-Win
at Michigan-?
Illinois-Win
at Iowa-?
Wisconsin-?

Let me revise this for you.

Purdue- Loss
Ohio State- no chance
At Indiana- Close call... IU has as much talent as Minnesota does tho
Northwestern- Tossup
North Dakota State- win
Michigan- Loss
Iowa- Loss
Wisconsin- Loss

Amir Pinnix is a serviceable runningback. He's a 1000 yard rusher, but I don't think many people are going to gameplan on trying to stop him. Anyway, who else is coming back that will be of any reasonable talent on minnesota? Returning 9 players on defense is cool if they're all good or have a high upside, but returning 9 bad players on defense simply means you'll have 9 crappy players who've played for another year...

Here are my rankings for the big 10...

1. Wisconsin (most complete team in the big 10. Good d, good o.. good coach)

2a. Michigan (I like michigan a lot, and they scare me, but their defense is going to be even scarier for Michigan fans. If Lloyd doesn't open the offense up more to score more points, they're not going to win more than 10 games. Furthermore, the loss of Adrian Arrington is going to hurt)

2b. Ohio State (The obvious losses on offense will take their toll, but all the tough games are reserved until late in the season, which will give the young players time to step in and be experienced. Ohio State IMO is an opposite case of Michigan. Return a dominating defense, with questions on offense. Simply a matter of how well the offense steps up.)

3. Iowa (I like Christianson a lot. More upside than Tate. Furthermore, they'll return a healthy albert young, a more experienced Dominique Douglas, not to mention a slew of other highly experienced players. They should be an 8 win team this year who will threaten some upsets against Wisconsin, Michigan, and OSU.

4. Penn State (I almost wanted to put PSU lower. I just don't see anything out of this team that makes me think they'll be winners. They havent had success on offense since they ran the spread option, and they're far from switching back to that with Morelli. Morelli may improve, but I wouldn't bet on him becoming any better than a John Stocco or Curtis Painter type quarterback. Their defense took some hits this year losing poz and a few linemen, and I just am not sold on Dwill and the rest of their supposed star players. Conner and King will have to carry their d, but I dont think it'll be enough.)

5. Purdue (Underrated team. They return a decent quarterback who can manage a game pretty well, a few defensive players, and some real talented wide receivers. They'll be a decent team who'll make a bowl game, but nothing special.)

6. Illinois (Obviously they're a young team, but they have a lot to look forward to. They should beat up on the low level big ten teams (minnesota, Indiana, Northwestern) and have a lot of young talent with high upside and another year of experience. Juice Williams is the big name, but their biggest break out star this year could easily be freak tight end Jeff Cumberland. I would put them higher, but the experience factor along with zook factor has me putting them a bit lower.)

7. Michigan State (they lose stanton, seem to always have a bad defense, and need a fresh start. However, they return a real talented coach, and a good runningback in Ringer. We'll see how they do next year. They could really surprise people however.)

8. Indiana (They have a decent quarterback who has some experience, a very good receiver in Hardy, and some experience back. They'll still be bad, but they won't be as bad as some of the other teams now.)

9. Minnesota (I can't name a decent player on this team aside from Pinnix. I have a hard time seeing them win many games this year. They do have good upside with coach Brewster, but it'll take a year or two.)

10. Northwestern (Same case as Minnesota, but replace Pinnix with sutton and theres your team.)

Hail Browns
04-08-2007, 01:39 PM
gstock, I may be wrong, but I believe Arrington was only a junior last year. Or maybe there was a different reason he wouldn't be back?

ThEvIcTR
04-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Iowa is overrated every single year no matter who they have at QB.

HawkeyeFan
04-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Iowa is overrated every single year no matter who they have at QB.

Yea, ok. Name one year Iowa was overrated?

ThEvIcTR
04-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Last year when they were preseason ranked #3 in the Big Ten. People just love Fernandez (or whatever his name is) because he was mentored by Belichick.

Gang Green
04-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Yea, ok. Name one year Iowa was overrated?

What about last year, Mark May was basically sucking on Drew Tate's **** the entire season.

HawkeyeFan
04-08-2007, 07:08 PM
And I'm pretty sure us Iowa fans weren't. We underachieved last year more so than we were terrible.

princefielder28
04-08-2007, 07:29 PM
And I'm pretty sure us Iowa fans weren't. We underachieved last year more so than we were terrible.

Underachieve is an understatement

gstock05
04-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I believe Adrian Arrington was kicked off the team, or won't be playing next year. Not positive, but something of the sort. A michigan fan would know better.

Iowa won't be a "great" team next year, but they return lots of experience, have an easy schedule, and hopefully will be health.

OhioState
04-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Ohio State will come in second at the worst in the big ten next season. They have an easy shedule and a great defense. i think that once wells starts getting 20-25 carries per game and running the clock we will roll. Only games i see us having the ability to lose are at michigan and v. Wisco. We will beat wisco since we are at home and will beat michigan because we don't lose to llllloyd carr.

OhioState
04-09-2007, 07:43 AM
1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Wisconson
4. Penn State
5. iowa
6. Michigan St.
7. Minnesota
8. Indiana
9. Illinois
10. purdue
11.Northwestern

also, to say that minn will beat us next season is one of the most absurd things i have ever heard. they are lightyears behind us in terms of talent and confidence

JCarver27
04-09-2007, 07:48 AM
i figured last year would put all this "they're losing _______ starters!!!!!!!" nonsense to bed.

guess not.

Sniper
04-09-2007, 08:47 AM
When was Iowa overrated? How about the "Texas vs. Iowa" national title game prediction. Everyone made it seem as if Drew Tate were the second coming of Tom Brady...The one good year they had recently they were "co" champions of the Big 10, but actually came in second because they lost to Michigan. Every year ESPN tries to shove Iowa down our throats because of Ferentz, they're not that good.

Sniper
04-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Despite Michigan losing so many defensive studs (Branch, Harris, Woodley, Hall, Burgess etc...) I think they will have a solid defense. Terrance Taylor is a very good DT who should anchor the defense, and Jamar Adams could be a star at safety. I am, however, very concerned about the cornerback situation, where Morgan Trent is the #1 CB by default. I'd love to see Warren emerge as the other starter, and by the end of the year maybe Carlos Brown could bump Trent to nickel or even better, the bench. Last I checked, the defensive coordinator is still Ron English and he is the best coach on the Michigan staff.

snuff
04-09-2007, 02:06 PM
i figured last year would put all this "they're losing _______ starters!!!!!!!" nonsense to bed.

guess not. OH, so if they do it one year they will do it the rest of their existence? Cool. I mean 3 years ago you put that to rest to huh? When you lost 4 games...

Last years loses are completely different not to mention...None of your QBs are remotely as good as Troy Smith.

OhioState
04-09-2007, 02:45 PM
craig krenzel was never highly touted or overly gifted, he was simply adequate and a good leader. if we can find a guy like that then beanie and the big olinemen will use up the clock and keep our defense off of the field.

Hey man can't we have a down year? i mean it's not like we ended up unranked or didn't make a bowl game.

constant cough
04-09-2007, 03:03 PM
I would think Michigan is the favorite but wouldn't count out Wisconson(I like their run game) or Ohio St. After that it seems most people agree there is a drop off but you can always expect Iowa to compete and you never know what Penn St. will do.

This year though I'm curious to see what the Illini do now that Zook as been ratching up the recruiting.

snuff
04-09-2007, 03:18 PM
craig krenzel was never highly touted or overly gifted, he was simply adequate and a good leader. if we can find a guy like that then beanie and the big olinemen will use up the clock and keep our defense off of the field.

Hey man can't we have a down year? i mean it's not like we ended up unranked or didn't make a bowl game.... Your the ones that think you can't have a down year... first in the big-10.

iowatreat54
04-09-2007, 04:25 PM
When was Iowa overrated? How about the "Texas vs. Iowa" national title game prediction. Everyone made it seem as if Drew Tate were the second coming of Tom Brady...The one good year they had recently they were "co" champions of the Big 10, but actually came in second because they lost to Michigan. Every year ESPN tries to shove Iowa down our throats because of Ferentz, they're not that good.

actually they have 2 big ten titles since 2000 so thats not their "one good year"

What about last year, Mark May was basically sucking on Drew Tate's **** the entire season.

i am a better college football analyst than mark may

Last year when they were preseason ranked #3 in the Big Ten. People just love Fernandez (or whatever his name is) because he was mentored by Belichick.

who the ___ is Fernandez? if you mean ferentz thats not even close and you should be shot

3. Iowa (I like Christianson a lot. More upside than Tate. Furthermore, they'll return a healthy albert young, a more experienced Dominique Douglas, not to mention a slew of other highly experienced players. They should be an 8 win team this year who will threaten some upsets against Wisconsin, Michigan, and OSU.

we dont play michigan or OSU this year

ok that all being said...yes we do get overrated. 2 years ago we were preseason top 5-6 and finished a unimpressive 7-5 and last year again were rated highly but finished 6-7. we do have alot of our team returning including the most experience DL in the conference. hopefully we will be unranked and have no high predictions at all because thats when we tend to do better (atleast recently). so given our easy schedule and # of returning players theres no way we should finish any less than 5-6 in the B10.

and anyone saying Illinois/Juice will have a "great" year or whatever, remember they still have Zook coaching, so thats automatically 5 losses before the season starts (at least)

1. michigan
2. wisconsin
3. iowa
4. indiana
5. osu
6. penn st.
7. purdue
8. minnesota
9. illinois
10. northwestern
11. MSU

iowatreat54
04-09-2007, 04:30 PM
and it's only a matter of time before some idiot comes in here and starts saying how the SEC is better than the Big Ten because they have nothing else to do...so this thread will be ruined shortly lol

SuperKevin
04-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I think Ohio State is in for a down year this year with Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa finishing ahead of them(in that order). They lost way too much talent and don't have the depth to replace it quite yet

cardsalltheway
04-09-2007, 04:39 PM
1. michigan
2. wisconsin
3. iowa
4. indiana
5. osu
6. penn st.
7. purdue
8. minnesota
9. illinois
10. northwestern
11. MSU

That's what I'm talkin bout

iowatreat54
04-09-2007, 04:41 PM
That's what I'm talkin bout

haha theres bound to be a darkhorse in the standings (i.e. wisconsin this year) and I like what indiana has to offer this year

SuperKevin
04-09-2007, 04:45 PM
haha theres bound to be a darkhorse in the standings (i.e. wisconsin this year) and I like what indiana has to offer this year

I don't know if they can ride that offense while having such a horrendous defense.

iowatreat54
04-09-2007, 04:47 PM
yea well i figure they will beat the lower teams like MSU, NW, etc. and maybe pull a couple upsets, plus with other teams upsets might vault them that high? idk just one wild prediction amongst some somewhat safe bets

SuperKevin
04-09-2007, 04:50 PM
yea well i figure they will beat the lower teams like MSU, NW, etc. and maybe pull a couple upsets, plus with other teams upsets might vault them that high? idk just one wild prediction amongst some somewhat safe bets

I'd be more willing to go with Illinois as the darkhorse over Indiana because Illinois at least has some solid players on defense.

Sniper
04-10-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm tempted to say Illinois is a darkhorse, but like someone else said earlier, it's still Ron Zook coaching

JCarver27
04-10-2007, 07:50 AM
OH, so if they do it one year they will do it the rest of their existence? Cool. I mean 3 years ago you put that to rest to huh? When you lost 4 games...

Last years loses are completely different not to mention...None of your QBs are remotely as good as Troy Smith.
you're right....it's possible they could have a down year, so every single year they lose people to the draft and graduation every other Big10 team needs to shout about how OSU is losing so much and they'll be down.

As if OSU is the only school where kids leave from one year to the next.

How about this. When losing players to the draft and graduation resulting in a down year for OSU becomes the rule rather than the exception, then you can spout off all preseason about it.

'backer
04-10-2007, 09:49 AM
OSU loses far less talent this year than they did last year. We just haven't seen enough of the potential QBs to know how big the drop off will be at that position. And even then, whoever takes that spot will have more than a few games to get experience before OSU plays any of the better teams in the Big 10.

HawkeyeFan
04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
You don't understand, outside of our Head Coach and our position coaches our Coordinators are terrible, they'll play agressive through the first have and then go conservative and blow the game, its really pathetic.

RWFender1
04-10-2007, 11:08 AM
i wouldnt count ohio state out from winning the big 10 if their new QB adjusts quickly to starting (even if he's just decent), they play good defense and Beanie Wells tears it up like i think he will.

JCarver27
04-10-2007, 12:56 PM
i wouldnt count ohio state out from winning the big 10 if their new QB adjusts quickly to starting (even if he's just decent), they play good defense and Beanie Wells tears it up like i think he will.
No, didn't you get the memo? They're losing starters!!!!!!1!

RWFender1
04-10-2007, 01:43 PM
USC lost starters and almost went to the national championship last year. i think the buckeyes will still be a top 10 team

iowatreat54
04-10-2007, 01:43 PM
No, didn't you get the memo? They're losing starters!!!!!!1!

well yea...didn't you know that any replacement coming in can't succeed because they haven't started before? I mean you have to be a starter for like 3 years to be good... lol

cardsalltheway
04-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I'd be more willing to go with Illinois as the darkhorse over Indiana because Illinois at least has some solid players on defense.

IU doesn't have solid players on defense? That's news to me. I'm pretty sure they return a 2nd-Team All Big Ten corner and two Freshman All-American linebackers. Not to mention the defense will only improve as they now have a full understanding of a system that few, if any, had ever played in before.

snuff
04-10-2007, 07:10 PM
you're right....it's possible they could have a down year, so every single year they lose people to the draft and graduation every other Big10 team needs to shout about how OSU is losing so much and they'll be down.

As if OSU is the only school where kids leave from one year to the next.

How about this. When losing players to the draft and graduation resulting in a down year for OSU becomes the rule rather than the exception, then you can spout off all preseason about it.So I can't claim they are going to have a bad year, but you can just randomly claim a good year because they did it last year in a completly different situation... You make no sense... I never said OSU was the only school and I never even said anything remotely close to that, but most teams that lose key players, like their whole offense fall off unless they have 5-star superstars replacing them...

OH but USC! USC still had 2 top recievers in the nation. They have two of the best back up QBs... Name one team that didn't fall off that bad after losing their top WR's and not having a top notch QB recruit coming in... Texas had a superstar RB, good WRs, really good o-line, and a really good defense and they suffered last year.

Not to mention your defense that is going to carry you is overrated.

'backer
04-10-2007, 10:40 PM
The defense was overrated last year. However, overrated or not, they will probably have the top defense in the Big 10, certainly top 3. Wisconsin and PSU will have good defenses. Michigan is Michigan and will almost certainly put out a decent unit, but I don't think it will be as good as OSU's, Wisconsin's, or PSU's.

JCarver27
04-11-2007, 07:26 AM
So I can't claim they are going to have a bad year, but you can just randomly claim a good year because they did it last year in a completly different situation... You make no sense... I never said OSU was the only school and I never even said anything remotely close to that, but most teams that lose key players, like their whole offense fall off unless they have 5-star superstars replacing them...

OH but USC! USC still had 2 top recievers in the nation. They have two of the best back up QBs... Name one team that didn't fall off that bad after losing their top WR's and not having a top notch QB recruit coming in... Texas had a superstar RB, good WRs, really good o-line, and a really good defense and they suffered last year.

Not to mention your defense that is going to carry you is overrated.
1. I never said you can't claim they'll have a down year.
2. I never "randomly" said they'll have a good year.

I'd just like somebody for once to not sit around with their thumb up their ass and say stupid crap like "They're losing starters, they won't be as good" as if it is a guaranteed fact.

And yes, I'm completely sure the D is overrated. I'm seriously worried about it. What ever will they do.

bearsfan_51
04-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Enough about Iowa. They're supposed to be good every friggin year according to ESPN and they make Drew Tate out to be the next Tom Brady. Let it go, Iowa is not that good. The way people talk about Kirk Ferentz makes you think he created the game and invented the forward pass

Here here!! Much of them also fail to realize what a historically mediocre program they are. I've actually seen some compare themselves to Michigan and OSU.

I guess when you live in Iowa the Hawkeyes are about as exciting news as it gets.

iowatreat54
04-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Here here!! Much of them also fail to realize what a historically mediocre program they are. I've actually seen some compare themselves to Michigan and OSU.

I guess when you live in Iowa the Hawkeyes are about as exciting news as it gets.

Yea well for people who live in Iowa it is the only thing because really what else is there? and if anyone ever compares us to Michigan or OSU would be hilarious, maybe we could be comparable for a season but never historically...the only thing we can claim to be better in historically is basketball and that was like 60 years ago and wrestling, which no one cares about...

gstock05
04-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Illinois is my darkhorse. They have a LOT of talent... some that people don't really know about. Zook's recruiting is going to start paying dividends this year.

Look out for Jeff Cumberland. He's a 6'5 250 lbs tight end who runs sub 4.5 for the illini. He woulda been at Ohio State had he gotten better grades.

RoyHall#1
04-11-2007, 04:31 PM
OSU's defense was overrated last year but they had 9 new starters, I mean how much can you expect. They will be as good this year as they were made out to be last year because of experience. OSU will win the Big 11.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Yea well for people who live in Iowa it is the only thing because really what else is there? and if anyone ever compares us to Michigan or OSU would be hilarious, maybe we could be comparable for a season but never historically...the only thing we can claim to be better in historically is basketball and that was like 60 years ago and wrestling, which no one cares about...

Is Iowa State better than Iowa in wrestling?

iowatreat54
04-11-2007, 07:15 PM

No
10 characters

princefielder28
04-11-2007, 07:22 PM

Two words: Cael Sanderson, ex-undefeated wrestler, now coach

bearsfan_51
04-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah Illinois is my darkhorse too. I'd like to see Minnesota do well, and I think their defense will be very good, but the spread offense is going to take a while to install.

iowatreat54
04-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Two words: Cael Sanderson, ex-undefeated wrestler, now coach

http://hawkeyesports.cstv.com/sports/m-wrestl/recaps/120306aab.html

we've also had down years I guess for the past 3-4 years because we didn't win the Big 10 or a National Champ.

princefielder28
04-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah Illinois is my darkhorse too. I'd like to see Minnesota do well, and I think their defense will be very good, but the spread offense is going to take a while to install.

Juice to Benn all day will be tough to stop

iowatreat54
04-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Juice to Benn all day will be tough to stop

yea but first Juice has to learn how to throw something other than "as hard/far as I can"...until then, I feel confident that they will be average