PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Host Troy Smith!!!!

Yung Flippa
04-06-2007, 01:55 PM
OWINGS MILLS -- The Baltimore Ravens met with a draft prospect that already owns serious hardware, bringing in Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith for a visit.

The undersized, athletic Ohio State quarterback visited the Ravens’ training complex this week.

Although Smith excelled at the collegiate level where he earned All-American and All-Big Ten Conference accolades, scouts have raised questions about his lack of ideal size and mechanics.

The 6-foot, 225-pound senior struggled at the NFL scouting combine with his accuracy and timing. He had no such problems as a senior until the national championship game, where he was overwhelmed by the University of Florida pass rush.

After passing for 2,542 yards and 30 touchdowns with just six interceptions on 65.3 percent accuracy during the regular season last year, Smith fell apart under heavy pressure in the BCS title game. With star wide receiver Ted Ginn out with a sprained ankle, Smith completed just 4 of 14 passes for 35 yards with no touchdowns and an interception.

The Ravens are in the market for a quarterback to groom behind starter Steve McNair, but it's unlikely to be journeyman passer Jay Fiedler.

Contrary to a published report that stated Fiedler has already scheduled a workout with Baltimore, no workout has been scheduled or in the process of being lined up, according to Fiedler's agent.

"We haven't set anything up yet with Baltimore, and nothing is imminent or happening with them at this point," said Fiedler's agent, Brian Levy. "We have spoken to the Ravens about Jay in the past. The Ravens are concentrating on the draft right now."

Fiedler worked out for the Atlanta Falcons on Wednesday, and Levy thought it went well. Fiedler apparently has a clean bill of health.

The only quarterbacks Baltimore seems to be interested in presently are incoming rookies. University of Houston quarterback Kevin Kolb visited Baltimore this week, too.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Troy would be a good value pick with one of our 4th round comp picks

SeanTaylorRIP
04-06-2007, 02:29 PM
If we can get him 4th round great.

Geo
04-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm not so sure Smith to the Ravens isn't the best scenario for him. If/when he's ready for a shot at the starting job, the offensive line will have been revamped, and he'll have a supporting cast of McGahee, Heap, Clayton, and Williams. Something to keep an eye on, I suppose.

ChefMike
04-06-2007, 03:52 PM
I will agree Troy would be a good fit in our system, but I just don't see him being there in the 4th I think someone will try and get him in the 3rd rd or early in the 4th....

Yung Flippa
04-06-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm not so sure Smith to the Ravens isn't the best scenario for him.

I think it is. I mean he can learn under Steve McNair for a year or maybe even two.
He is a bit like Steve, good arm and sort of mobile. After all his studies he can probably try for the starting job if we don't get another starter in here.

Geo
04-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I thnk you misread the phrase, I was essentially agreeing with you. :)

Hail Browns
04-06-2007, 05:18 PM
This would be a very good situation for him, even though I would hate to see him beating up on my Browns in a couple years. Definitely one of the best places for him.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I think it is. I mean he can learn under Steve McNair for a year or maybe even two.
He is a bit like Steve, good arm and sort of mobile. After all his studies he can probably try for the starting job if we don't get another starter in here.

Your already giving up on Kyle Boller?

Yung Flippa
04-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Your already giving up on Kyle Boller?

I haven't fully given up on him. But he is only under contract for one more year. Not sure if we will re-sign him or not. I mean you have to remember that not all the players in the locker room have faith in Kyle winning games. I do think that this is the last chance for Kyle to prove that he deserves a new contract with the Ravens

go_ravens94
04-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Boller is a good QB. I'm torn on Troy. I was a big supporter of him up until the championship game.

dcarey20
04-06-2007, 07:22 PM
i'd love to have troy if we can get him in the 4th. while i don't expect him to be great, he still has potential. i think he'd make a great backup for us and if we can develop him slowly, we could have a possible starter in the future.

also, i think the ravens have made it clear that we are interested in drafting mid round quarterback. rick neuheisel has shown a bunch of interest in trent edwards and some in drew stanton. we've also brought in kevin kolb and now troy.

Yung Flippa
04-06-2007, 09:48 PM
also, i think the ravens have made it clear that we are interested in drafting mid round quarterback. rick neuheisel has shown a bunch of interest in trent edwards and some in drew stanton. we've also brought in kevin kolb and now troy.

I would love to have Trent Edwards above the rest but I think that we won't have a chance at him unless we use our 2nd round pick on him. His stock is really rising

Raven Domination
04-07-2007, 02:16 AM
OWINGS MILLS -- The Baltimore Ravens met with a draft prospect that already owns serious hardware, bringing in Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith for a visit.

The undersized, athletic Ohio State quarterback visited the Ravensí training complex this week.

Although Smith excelled at the collegiate level where he earned All-American and All-Big Ten Conference accolades, scouts have raised questions about his lack of ideal size and mechanics.

The 6-foot, 225-pound senior struggled at the NFL scouting combine with his accuracy and timing. He had no such problems as a senior until the national championship game, where he was overwhelmed by the University of Florida pass rush.

After passing for 2,542 yards and 30 touchdowns with just six interceptions on 65.3 percent accuracy during the regular season last year, Smith fell apart under heavy pressure in the BCS title game. With star wide receiver Ted Ginn out with a sprained ankle, Smith completed just 4 of 14 passes for 35 yards with no touchdowns and an interception.

The Ravens are in the market for a quarterback to groom behind starter Steve McNair, but it's unlikely to be journeyman passer Jay Fiedler.

Contrary to a published report that stated Fiedler has already scheduled a workout with Baltimore, no workout has been scheduled or in the process of being lined up, according to Fiedler's agent.

"We haven't set anything up yet with Baltimore, and nothing is imminent or happening with them at this point," said Fiedler's agent, Brian Levy. "We have spoken to the Ravens about Jay in the past. The Ravens are concentrating on the draft right now."

Fiedler worked out for the Atlanta Falcons on Wednesday, and Levy thought it went well. Fiedler apparently has a clean bill of health.

The only quarterbacks Baltimore seems to be interested in presently are incoming rookies. University of Houston quarterback Kevin Kolb visited Baltimore this week, too.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Troy would be a good value pick with one of our 4th round comp picks

You have a link? If not, I'm thinking this is a slick...but late April Fool's joke.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-07-2007, 08:35 AM
You have a link? If not, I'm thinking this is a slick...but late April Fool's joke.

Your serious?

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 02:49 PM
It's not a joke, we're looking for a QB, and while everyone is looking the other way when it comes to Boller, is anyone surprised? I mean we went from mediocrity to a 13-3 team in a year. It's obvious the city is being torn apart on Boller, and it'd be a lot easier if we eased our minds and tried to find a diamond in the rough QB in the draft..or maybe that'll be next year.

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 04:14 PM
It's not a joke, we're looking for a QB, and while everyone is looking the other way when it comes to Boller, is anyone surprised? I mean we went from mediocrity to a 13-3 team in a year. It's obvious the city is being torn apart on Boller, and it'd be a lot easier if we eased our minds and tried to find a diamond in the rough QB in the draft..or maybe that'll be next year.

Your not making friends here bashing the great Kyle Boller and as far as the Troy Smith garbage, I'd be ok if we signed him as an undrafted free agent but that's about it. We either draft Drew Stanton or stick with Drew Olsen.

The Dark Side will win over the hearts and minds of this forum!

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 04:31 PM
uh..it will? whatever you say.

I just don't think Boller will stick around, but he has every reason to get it together and prove me wrong. I thought last year was his best year in the NFL, as a backup, with enough playing time to show some future potential(but let's be fair, he made a lot of mistakes in regards to composure..again). I see McNair not holding up like he did last year, and he could very well take a huge hit that will make Boller the starter again.

But in either case, there needs to be a contingency plan, not a QB of the future, thus the reason we are going lower in the draft, making 2nd/3rd round picks like Smith and Kolb plausible prospects. We definitely have other needs though if neither of these guys are avail.

leoobeid32
04-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Boller is a good QB. I'm torn on Troy. I was a big supporter of him up until the championship game.

One game doesn't decide anything. If it did Kobe would have been MVP last year, AND this year. but its not happenin.

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 04:37 PM
uh..it will? whatever you say.

I just don't think Boller will stick around, but he has every reason to get it together and prove me wrong. I thought last year was his best year in the NFL, as a backup, with enough playing time to show some future potential(but let's be fair, he made a lot of mistakes in regards to composure..again). I see McNair not holding up like he did last year, and he could very well take a huge hit that will make Boller the starter again.

But in either case, there needs to be a contingency plan, not a QB of the future, thus the reason we are going lower in the draft, making 2nd/3rd round picks like Smith and Kolb plausible prospects. We definitely have other needs though if neither of these guys are avail.

A contingency plan? You mean like Drew Olsen who's in Europe getting to start and get the needed reps not to mention the fact that he's been in the system for 2 years. I love how everyone around draft time gets all giddy like its the prom but forgets about who we have on the roster. Drew Olsen was one the top QB's coming out and we were lucky to be able to sign him. He is going to get his chance some day and why waste a 4th round pick on some garbage QB like Troy "Kordell Part Deux" Smith when we can continue to build a winning team with solid depth.

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 04:47 PM
I honestly don't believe we need a QB at all in the draft, but what I'm saying is it doesn't hurt to look because past McNair(who you've made it clear you're not high on..god knows why), and I just don't think Boller is going to cut it. You have to expect the cut to be made next offseason. If we hang on to him, he'll be backing up McNair again. If we don't, he'll probably start elsewhere, maybe some place where he can be molded into an excellent QB.

But you're obviously too harsh on your views to look at the universal perspective on this whole McNair/Boller issue, so I'm not wasting my time with it anymore.

As far as Olsen is concerned, I'm holding my reservations on him until I see/hear what happens in Europe, but at this point, I don't see his potential. He was good enough in college, but who knows if that will translate to NFL success. He has a lot of work ahead of him.

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I honestly don't believe we need a QB at all in the draft, but what I'm saying is it doesn't hurt to look because past McNair(who you've made it clear you're not high on..god knows why)

But you're obviously too harsh on your views to look at the universal perspective on this whole McNair/Boller issue, so I'm not wasting my time with it anymore.

Looky here junior, you're new here and I'm trying to cut you some slack but if you keep messing with the BigDawg you will get bit!

Why don't you take the time and read through some of the old posts and see why the Kyle Boller Coalition exists. Instead you come in here all high and mighty and start bashing without the facts. We blame McNair for us not winning the playoff game and rightfully so. Whenever Kyle is in there and things don't work he gets all the blame so in turn we blame McNair for us losing. Besides that McNair is obviously on the downside of his career and we want a QB that can throw the ball more then 20 yards, something McNair was not doing effectively at the end of the year. That check down crap is not what winning football is all about and we need a dynamic offense to go with our suffocating defense. So if you want to keep on this course you are starting with its not going to be fun for you, but if you want to stop your crap and actually get a clue from our past posts then its all good. Balls in your court Junior, make a play.

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm confused. I think McNair made his fair share of mistakes, and I think the guy's getting up there, but did he not have a completion rating somewhere in the 60th percentile? Did he not make some of the biggest plays when we needed them?

Your elitism is astounding, and as far as I know, there isn't a Kyle Boller Coalition, just two nimrods pissing off everyone because they hate McNair. You should try taking your head out of your ass and respecting other people's opinions. I never personally bashed you, but you're obviously notorious for calling people "idiots" because they questioned the Defense wrong. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Korn is the greatest band ever and I'm a douche for thinking that they suck. Is that where this is going?

I may have less posts than you, but I've read enough posts on here to know who should be respected, and who's just an asshole. You're pretty much the later. And I'm fairly convinced the rest of the Ravens fans on here don't like you either.

Oh, and that's mature, btw, the whole rep thing. I bet you feel awesome, like you made your own day. Whatever...

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm confused. I think McNair made his fair share of mistakes, and I think the guy's getting up there, but did he not have a completion rating somewhere in the 60th percentile? Did he not make some of the biggest plays when we needed them?

Your elitism is astounding, and as far as I know, there isn't a Kyle Boller Coalition, just two nimrods pissing off everyone because they hate McNair. You should try taking your head out of your ass and respecting other people's opinions. I never personally bashed you, but you're obviously notorious for calling people "idiots" because they questioned the Defense wrong. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Korn is the greatest band ever and I'm a douche for thinking that they suck. Is that where this is going?

I may have less posts than you, but I've read enough posts on here to know who should be respected, and who's just an asshole. You're pretty much the later. And I'm fairly convinced the rest of the Ravens fans on here don't like you either.

Oh, and that's mature, btw, the whole rep thing. I bet you feel awesome, like you made your own day. Whatever...

Korn's overrated...

And I'm notorious? Does that make me the Notorious 819? I kinda like that...

And calling me and ERU nimrods is biting off more then you can chew junior.......

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 05:22 PM
you have like 1,000 posts. WHOOPIE! God I wish I was as cool as you *rolls eyes*.

At least we agree on the Korn thing..they suck.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-07-2007, 05:23 PM
this is fun to watch. :D

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 05:27 PM
you have like 1,000 posts. WHOOPIE! God I wish I was as cool as you *rolls eyes*.

At least we agree on the Korn thing..they suck.

Keep wishing junior, maybe one day you'll see the errors of your ways and apologize and I'll consider taking you under my wing and teaching you the ways of the world.....

The Notorious 819 out! :D

EdReedUnstoppable
04-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I refuse to be called a nimrod by some douchebag chump. :)

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I refuse to be called a nimrod by some douchebag chump. :)

Well since I'm "The Notorious 819" I guess that makes you "The Notorious ERU"! :D

EdReedUnstoppable
04-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Well since I'm "The Notorious 819" I guess that makes you "The Notorious ERU"! :D

No.... No.... No.... Notorious!!

I digs it, Im down for it.

BigDawg819
04-07-2007, 10:22 PM
No.... No.... No.... Notorious!!

I digs it, Im down for it.

We is......We are.........No.......No..........No.....Notorious! !! :D

KBC representin' son! :D

niel89
04-07-2007, 11:47 PM
this is fun to watch. :D

i agree

ten potatos

Raven Domination
04-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Your serious?

Nevermind...

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2007/04/06/sports/dsports.txt

That's all I wanted.

BigDawg819
04-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Nevermind...

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2007/04/06/sports/dsports.txt

That's all I wanted.

Wow the Ravens brought in a prospect, that must mean they'll draft him. NOT!!!

ChewyRaven318
04-08-2007, 03:09 PM
We signed two rookie QBs last year, and neither one ended up on the roster other than Olsen on the practice squad. It's the same thing this year. It's gonna be McNair and Boller as the top 2 when it's all said and done. But this season will still be interesting to watch..

Raven Domination
04-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Looky here junior, you're new here and I'm trying to cut you some slack but if you keep messing with the BigDawg you will get bit!

HAHAHA...please sit back.

BigDawg819
04-08-2007, 03:32 PM
We signed two rookie QBs last year, and neither one ended up on the roster other than Olsen on the practice squad. It's the same thing this year. It's gonna be McNair and Boller as the top 2 when it's all said and done. But this season will still be interesting to watch..

Keep an eye on Drew Olsen in NFL Europe, he's going to do good things. Plus he was a good one at UCLA so we got a steal when we signed him.

BigDawg819
04-08-2007, 03:33 PM
HAHAHA...please sit back.

Don't start nuffin', won't be nuffin'! Words to live by son!

The Notorious 819 has spoken!

Raven Domination
04-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Don't start nuffin', won't be nuffin'! Words to live by son!

The Notorious 819 has spoken!

Kyle Boller is done in Baltimore...he's more disliked than President Bush!!!

BigDawg819
04-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Kyle Boller is done in Baltimore...he's more disliked than President Bush!!!

President Bush? Which one? :D

Raven Domination
04-08-2007, 04:11 PM
President Bush? Which one? :D

The sorry one currently in office. Olsen will probably either be released or put on the practice squad. This is Boller's last year as a long term starter barring a McNair injury. Live with it. Your false idol is DONE!!!

BigDawg819
04-08-2007, 04:19 PM
The sorry one currently in office. Olsen will probably either be released or put on the practice squad. This is Boller's last year as a long term starter barring a McNair injury. Live with it. Your false idol is DONE!!!

Wow I'm glad you're not in the front office and all I have to do is deal with your misguided rhetoric on here. Its ok my son, soon you will know the power of "The Dark Side".........

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/wrobel8/storm-trooper.jpg

go_ravens94
04-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Drew Olson is a good backup QB. I like him. Boller is good too.

ChefMike
04-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Those that think we need to draft a QB is absurd... Our QB play last year was better then we have every had under Brian Billick.. I would like to see us spend that pick on either the DL or OL. Bring in more support around that QB, lets wait to see if we can get one next year..I like the Olsen as a back up idea and a spot starter or potential stop gap between McNair and who ever is next if we can resign Boller with out breaking the bank for keep him..

Raven Domination
04-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Those that think we need to draft a QB is absurd... Our QB play last year was better then we have every had under Brian Billick.. I would like to see us spend that pick on either the DL or OL. Bring in more support around that QB, lets wait to see if we can get one next year..I like the Olsen as a back up idea and a spot starter or potential stop gap between McNair and who ever is next if we can resign Boller with out breaking the bank for keep him..

Those who think we have no long term problem at QB are even more absurd!! Neither McNair or Boller are long term options...

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
04-08-2007, 06:35 PM

OMG! Why would we cut Olsen when we have only 2 QB's on the roster? Like BigDawg said he was good in college and signing him as an un drafted rookie FA was a huge steal. (great minds think alike) and Drew Olsen will shine in NFL Europe and could be a solid QB in the NFL or a decent backup at the best. Why cut him??

America
04-08-2007, 07:58 PM
It's wishful thinking at this point that Olsen will be the QB of the future. So far, the reasoning has been, he's going to start in NFL Europe and he was good in college. That's all fine and dandy but there was a reason why he was undrafted. I always liked him and thought he'd be a good 2nd day pick, but it's too early to predict how good he'll be in the NFL. If we draft a QB, I still think he would hang around on the PS.

BigDawg819
04-08-2007, 11:25 PM
It's wishful thinking at this point that Olsen will be the QB of the future. So far, the reasoning has been, he's going to start in NFL Europe and he was good in college. That's all fine and dandy but there was a reason why he was undrafted. I always liked him and thought he'd be a good 2nd day pick, but it's too early to predict how good he'll be in the NFL. If we draft a QB, I still think he would hang around on the PS.

Yeah undrafted QB's never make it this league! :rollseyes:

America
04-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah undrafted QB's never make it this league! :rollseyes:

Seriously, its naive to believe that he'll make it. Do you actually realize the percentage of undrafted starters in the league compared to the number that are brought in. It's such a small percentage you can never predict when the next one should come around.

11. Jared Lorenzen, Kentucky
12. Jeff Smoker, Michigan St.
13. Bradlee Van Pelt, Colorado St.
14. Matt Mauck, L.S.U.
15. Rod Rutherford, Pittsburgh
16. Robert Kent, Jackson St.
17. Jason Fife, Oregon
18. Casey Bramlet, Wyoming
19. Casey Clausen, Tennessee
20. Ryan Dinwiddie, Boise St.
21. Scott Rislov, San Jose St.
22. B.J. Symons, Texas Tech
23. Keith Heckendorf, St. Cloud St.
24. Nathan Chandler, Iowa
25. Jim Sorgi, Wisconsin
26. Matt Kegel, Washington St.
27. Ell Roberson, Kansas St.
28. Ryan Schneider, Central Florida

I'm pretty sure all of those guys were either 7th rounders or undrafted. The best of them is Jim Sorgi, who just backs up Manning.
6. Cody Pickett, Washington
7. Luke McCown, Louisiana Tech
8. John Navarre, Michigan
9. Josh Harris, Bowling Green
10. Craig Krenzel, Ohio St
These ones I'm pretty sure were drafted with the exception of Krenzel. Any of them doing anything???
And I just picked a random year of QBs. It's true about them all. Undrafted QBs who make a difference in the pro game are diamonds in the roughest of roughs.

ChefMike
04-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Seriously, its naive to believe that he'll make it.... Do you actually realize the percentage of undrafted starters in the league compared to the number that are brought in. It's such a small percentage you can never predict when the next one should come around.

These ones I'm pretty sure were drafted with the exception of Krenzel. Any of them doing anything???
And I just picked a random year of QBs. It's true about them all. Undrafted QBs who make a difference in the pro game are diamonds in the roughest of roughs.

I couldnt agree more... I am not a fan of the QB at the #1 spot in the draft because of the importance of the position and the money that is laid out to the TOP pick but taking an undrafted .. FA rookie is a HUGE risk !!

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm glad people ignored Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme. Watch tape of Drew Olsen at UCLA and tell me he's not worth cultivating for a couple years and see what he's got. Thats my issue with people who discredit low round or undrafted guys. The Ravens are one of the best teams at developing these types of players and yet people still complain. I guess that blind faith in the Ravens only goes so far?

America
04-09-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm glad people ignored Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme. Watch tape of Drew Olsen at UCLA and tell me he's not worth cultivating for a couple years and see what he's got. Thats my issue with people who discredit low round or undrafted guys. The Ravens are one of the best teams at developing these types of players and yet people still complain. I guess that blind faith in the Ravens only goes so far?

I never said he isn't worth it. I said I really liked him coming out of UCLA, but we can't bank on him becoming great. I'm glad you completely disregarding what I said. Warner and Delhomme were extremely rare cases who ended up in great situations. The FA QB is not a highly successful player. I want Olsen to succeed cause I really like him and want to have a sure QB of the future. But I can't guarentee that so I won't count him down for that position. This is how our FO will think too. You don't think they're sitting there saying to themselves, "You know, we've got that undrafted Olsen guy. Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme were undrafted. He must be great someday. Looks like we're set at QB, so let's bypass any options in the draft of FA."

ChewyRaven318
04-09-2007, 02:46 PM

Christ, get the sand out of your vag. Nobody was COMPLAINING, they were just saying that the chance Olsen becomes something is extremely low. It's worth the shot to see how he develops in NFL Europe, but lord knows he's got a slim chance of making it, just based on the past.

Just because Warner and Delhomme made it big doesn't mean every single NFL QB that goes undrafted is gonna become something. So stop using "weasel words" to instigate arguments.

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I never said he isn't worth it. I said I really liked him coming out of UCLA, but we can't bank on him becoming great. I'm glad you completely disregarding what I said. Warner and Delhomme were extremely rare cases who ended up in great situations. The FA QB is not a highly successful player. I want Olsen to succeed cause I really like him and want to have a sure QB of the future. But I can't guarentee that so I won't count him down for that position. This is how our FO will think too. You don't think they're sitting there saying to themselves, "You know, we've got that undrafted Olsen guy. Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme were undrafted. He must be great someday. Looks like we're set at QB, so let's bypass any options in the draft of FA."

I'm not disregarding what you said, I'm trying to point out the fact that we have had great success with cultivating low round and undrafted guys so we need to do the same with Olsen and allow him the opportunity to develop. If we draft a QB, he come in with no knowledge of our system and is going to take a couple of years to develop but with Drew he's been here and has a good grasp of the offense so lets look elsewhere and not really concentrate too hard on a QB when we have 3 already.

ChewyRaven318
04-09-2007, 03:07 PM
It really doesn't matter, there's so little of a chance of a QB being drafted. The point is that it doesn't hurt to look at the options and see who can be developed quicker than Drew Olsen, if the need arises. I doubt it'll come to that point though, as long as McNair and Boller remain healthy.

btw, thanks for the negative rep bigdawg, seriously, do you jerk off every time you do that? You need to get a life pal if you think I care.

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 03:11 PM
It really doesn't matter, there's so little of a chance of a QB being drafted. The point is that it doesn't hurt to look at the options and see who can be developed quicker than Drew Olsen, if the need arises. I doubt it'll come to that point though, as long as McNair and Boller remain healthy.

btw, thanks for the negative rep bigdawg, seriously, do you jerk off every time you do that? You need to get a life pal if you think I care.

No I gave it to you because it seems every time I post something you follow behind me and whine and cry about my comments. Me and America were expressing an exchange of ideas and thoughts and yet there you were whining and crying. Ever since you started posting you seem to want to be some sort of "diva" in this team thread and jump in on everyone's chatter. Get over yourself and have some decorum and maybe you can get some positive rep.

ChewyRaven318
04-09-2007, 03:14 PM
For the record, You've been the only one giving me negative rep.

YOU'RE the only one who's been complaining, and acting childish. You were brinking on attacking the guy, and I saw it, so I wanted to stop you before you did it. There was not a single person attacking Olsen, and yet you used weasel words to MAKE it look that way. Saying we were "Whining and Complaining" when really, you're the only one doing so.

So let me say this again: Just because you think I'm doing something, doesn't mean it's what's happening. Frankly, I'm kinda sick of you, and am really considering the Ignore option.

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 03:19 PM
For the record, You've been the only one giving me negative rep.

YOU'RE the only one who's been complaining, and acting childish. You were brinking on attacking the guy, and I saw it, so I wanted to stop you before you did it. There was not a single person attacking Olsen, and yet you used weasel words to MAKE it look that way. Saying we were "Whining and Complaining" when really, you're the only one doing so.

So let me say this again: Just because you think I'm doing something, doesn't mean it's what's happening. Frankly, I'm kinda sick of you, and am really considering the Ignore option.

Its funny that everything you accuse me of you do the exact same to me. Please choose the ignore option because I AM TIRED OF YOU! This is a forum for the exchange of ideas, stop trying to be Hitler or Stalin and trying to control what people say you TOOL!

ChewyRaven318
04-09-2007, 03:22 PM
You're actually right about that. My last comment was uncalled for, but for the record, everyone who has given me positive rep was in response to how much of a little b-tch you are. So before you feel all high and mighty dissing me, you should consider the fact that nobody likes you and your narrow views. Really.

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 03:45 PM
You're actually right about that. My last comment was uncalled for, but for the record, everyone who has given me positive rep was in response to how much of a little b-tch you are. So before you feel all high and mighty dissing me, you should consider the fact that nobody likes you and your narrow views. Really.

I don't need to take credit for dissing you, I just pointed out the obvious. As for whether or not 2 or 3 people don't like me or my views, when exactly am I supposed to care? I have no problem with my views and I have plenty of people on here who respect my views. I don't need to get into a pissing match with someone who just started here on this forum and is pandering to the masses like a girl campaigning for prom queen. You act like you are "the chosen one" and that only your or people's views you chose are worthy of posting. I'm entitled to my opinion and to speak my mind and I do so. If you don't like Kyle Boller, fine don't like him but don't act as though I have to not like him because you say so. I'm not going to change my opinions just to get your skirt out of a twist. So if you lay off the bs drama you keep following my posts with then its all good. If not then be prepared to defend your arguments. I've said time and time again that my views have been on here for 6 months so I'm not going to repeat them for your benefit. I welcome the opportunity to debate with you in the future without all the drama with yo babies momma! :D

ChewyRaven318
04-09-2007, 03:59 PM
I wasn't pandering to anyone, you're really making this a bigger deal than it is, you know that?

Ravens1991
04-09-2007, 04:09 PM
I like Smith, I would love to get him and see Olsen, Boller, and Smith battle it out after McNair.

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I wasn't pandering to anyone, you're really making this a bigger deal than it is, you know that?

I am? I'm trying to quench the flames of this nonsense and yet you refuse to let it die. Serious man stop acting like a kid and trying to get the last word and let it go.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Jesus Christ are we still arguing in here? Let it go yall don't make me have to seperate ya.

SuperKevin
04-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Jesus Christ are we still arguing in here? Let it go yall don't make me have to seperate ya.

Nobody likes you ERU

BigDawg819

Hey brother I'm trying here but it seems my olive branch keeps getting burned. :D

BigDawg819
Nobody likes you ERU

Heathen!!!!

SuperKevin
04-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Heathen!!!!

ERU knows I'm kidding. he and I go way back on here

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 05:07 PM

Oh then its all good I guess! :D

EdReedUnstoppable
04-09-2007, 05:08 PM

Hells yeah we do, gotta represent for Kevin's all across the world!!!

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 05:09 PM

Meh Michael is a better name anyway... :D

America
04-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm not disregarding what you said, I'm trying to point out the fact that we have had great success with cultivating low round and undrafted guys so we need to do the same with Olsen and allow him the opportunity to develop. If we draft a QB, he come in with no knowledge of our system and is going to take a couple of years to develop but with Drew he's been here and has a good grasp of the offense so lets look elsewhere and not really concentrate too hard on a QB when we have 3 already.

That is true, but the FO will jump on a QB if one comes to be the BPA, or simply has a much higher grade than the round we could select him in.

ChewyRaven318
04-09-2007, 07:04 PM

I'm done, and I really didn't mean for this to turn into a stupid and childish argument. Some people just have to make things bigger than they are, but it's all good. Back to normality, I hope :).

Troj2man
04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't mind the Ravens drafting a guy like Troy Smith later in the draft as a developmental QB. I honestly think that the Ravens are going to take a QB like Kolb or Stanton to become the Future QB of this team. We all know that right now there is no QB on this roster that is the future of the Ravens.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-10-2007, 02:22 AM
If Troy Smith can be had by us in the 4th rd I would love the pick, I don't think you can judge him off of 1 bad game where his OL was swiss cheese and he had to run for his life on every play.

BigDawg819
04-10-2007, 12:57 PM
If Troy Smith can be had by us in the 4th rd I would love the pick, I don't think you can judge him off of 1 bad game where his OL was swiss cheese and he had to run for his life on every play.

Kordell Part Deux, that's all I'm saying...

Ravens1991
04-10-2007, 02:37 PM

My first name is Kevin also, may Kevins unite.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-10-2007, 03:14 PM
My first name is Kevin also, may Kevins unite.

Badass buddy!!! Kevin is the single greatest name on earth its a proven fact.

BigDawg819
04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Badass buddy!!! Kevin is the single greatest name on earth its a proven fact.

Nope Michael is better... :D

ChefMike
04-11-2007, 10:56 AM
I am going with the Michael vote... for obvious reasons..

niel89
04-12-2007, 11:07 PM
i cant seem to remember my name...

EdReedUnstoppable
04-12-2007, 11:18 PM
i cant seem to remember my name...

Its James, everybody knows that!