PDA

View Full Version : The Masters

JF4
04-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Do you think Tiger still has a chance after having a below average day? He's only 6 shots back and IMO he'll shoot like a -4 tommorow and put himself right in the hunt.

tEk
04-06-2007, 04:33 PM
of course he has a shot, he effing TIGER! and it sucks because i tuned in to watch (the only reason i watch golf is because of Tiger) he had already finished his round. kind of ruined my afternoon.

JF4
04-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Ya I hated that too, they didn't get in any coverage of his round. I don't care what they have to do, if Tiger's ever within striking distance his rounds need to be televised. Like most other's he's the main reason I will watch Golf, though I do root for a few others.

princefielder28
04-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Of course he's got a chance to win as long as he gets his name towards the top of the leaderboard and then the inexperienced golfers will freak out and Tiger can win

tEk
04-06-2007, 05:30 PM
holy crap is Els gonna miss the cut?

SuperMcGee
04-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Furyk's got this. I'd like for Donald and Olazabal to make a move tomorrow. With Tiger being even this close, though, I'm not getting hopes up for anyone. That said I really don't know much about golf besides Paula Creamer getting hot.

JF4
04-06-2007, 05:42 PM
The projected cut is +8 and he's +9 right now, so it's definately possible.

SuperMcGee
04-06-2007, 05:47 PM
The projected cut is +8 and he's +9 right now, so it's definately possible.

Yikes. That would get rid of DiMarco and possibly Els and Sergio.
Goose, Scott, Couples, Cink, and Monty would just get by, as would my favorite name ever Fuzzy Zoeller. (If they stay at where they're at, more of them are still playing than I originally thought)

We could end up with another Vijay-Tiger duel, though Furyk is pretty close and I'd like to see him doing something.

After this weekend I'll go back to not caring about golf, but until then, go Jim!

tEk
04-06-2007, 05:49 PM
monty is out! go the hell back to where ever you came you bast*rd! Scotland right?

Windy
04-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I put money on this on Fanball.

My picks were Tiger, Furyk, Love, and Oglivy.

jagsfreak27
04-06-2007, 06:00 PM
boreing.......

tEk
04-06-2007, 06:01 PM
boreing.......ok, you can't spell boring. get the hell out of here!

tEk
04-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Holy crap! Tiger bogeyed 17, and 18. He must be pissed, he could have been in the lead at +1. Oh well shot even and still in the last pairing at +3. This is the hardest I have ever seen Augusta National play. I can't wait to watch the final round tomorrow!

JF4
04-08-2007, 12:52 AM
There's no way that I can't see Tiger winning.

BuckNaked
04-08-2007, 12:52 AM
I've never been able to sit down and watch golf. It's way too slow for me. I enjoy watching the last couple holes, but that's really it. It's the same with Nascar, I can watch the last 15-20 laps.

JF4
04-08-2007, 12:54 AM
I've never been able to sit down and watch golf. It's way too slow for me. I enjoy watching the last couple holes, but that's really it. It's the same with Nascar, I can watch the last 15-20 laps.

What I do is to start I put it on and it puts me to bed for like an hour or two, usually after that nap it's right near the middle of the round and all the action starts and i'm good and rested.

tEk
04-08-2007, 12:59 AM
I've never been able to sit down and watch golf. It's way too slow for me. I enjoy watching the last couple holes, but that's really it. It's the same with Nascar, I can watch the last 15-20 laps.that is how soccer is to me! i would rather hump a cactus than watch soccer.

seriously i think it helps to have a player to pull for. Tiger graduated from my hs, and i have personally met him 2 times. Once after he won the 2001 Masters he came back to Western to do a meet and greet with the golf team. And then for the Opening ceremony of the Tiger Woods Learning center we all got free passes and got to see him put on a clinic. Pretty sweet! so that is why i can watch golf. but i see where you are coming from, if Tiger is not in the tournament, i don't watch.

BuckNaked
04-08-2007, 12:59 AM
that is how soccer is to me! i would rather hump a cactus than watch soccer.

seriously i think it helps to have a player to pull for. Tiger graduated from my hs, and i have personally met him 2 times. Once after he won the 2001 Masters he came back to Western to do a meet and greet with the golf team. And then for the Opening ceremony of the Tiger Woods Learning center we all got free passes and got to see him put on a clinic. Pretty sweet! so that is why i can watch golf. but i see where you are coming from, if Tiger is not in the tournament, i don't watch.

I feel the same way about Soccer, I could at least watch the World Cup however.

badgerbacker
04-08-2007, 01:07 AM
Do you think Tiger still has a chance after having a below average day? He's only 6 shots back and IMO he'll shoot like a -4 tommorow and put himself right in the hunt.Yeah I think he's got a shot...

bantx
04-08-2007, 01:58 AM
i could watch soccer, ive tried watching golf but my uncle who sits and watches golf and holds his putter in his hand at the same time falls asleep, i don't think anyone can watch a whole day of golf without tuning out.

sdpads24
04-08-2007, 02:27 AM
i could watch soccer, ive tried watching golf but my uncle who sits and watches golf and holds his putter in his hand at the same time falls asleep, i don't think anyone can watch a whole day of golf without tuning out.

As an avid golfer myself, I can't get enough of golf on TV, and no I'm not some old hag who has nothing else better to do. I can't say I still would follow it as much if Tiger wasn't on, but I still love it.

Vince Lombardi
04-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I like watching golf, I pretty much only watch the Majors though. I'm a huge Tiger fan, so if he's near the top of the leader board in a bigger tournament I'll probably tune in for the final round at least.

I play golf a lot so I like watching golf to learn what the pros do. It's no different than somebody who wants to play in the NFL or NBA, you watch the best and try to emulate what they do. If Tiger isn't in it I usually don't care who wins, I'm just studying players swings & strategies etc.

I love soccer and watch it all the time. I play soccer also, so in a certain way it's similar to why I watch golf, although I really do enjoy soccer and would watch it regardless if I played or not. But alot of times I'll watch games that I'm not really interested in just to study.

OK, back to the Masters.....Tiger is right where he wants to be thanks to some guys falling apart yesterday. Stuart Appleby has the added pressure of partnering with Tiger all day so you can bet he's gonna be nervous. These are the kinds of situations Tiger thrives in so I would expect him to be adding another green jacket to his wardrobe today.

bored of education
04-08-2007, 02:28 PM
wow@Sabitini's eagle putt

GOOO GOOSEN!

tEk
04-08-2007, 02:29 PM
seriously amazing putt! now hes in the lead watch out.

tEk
04-08-2007, 02:31 PM
hahaha at luke donald. three shots roll back to his feet!!!!

jagsfreak27
04-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Has Tiger won yet?

tEk
04-08-2007, 02:44 PM
wow turn on the tv. god its tense. he just bogeyed #6.

bored of education
04-08-2007, 02:51 PM
i think goosen will win it he was my first day pick...then he crapped the bed but since yesterdya and including today he has been playing awesome.

he has such demeanor and composure.

i went to the us open at shinnecock hills he was awesome there and he lookign better now.

my fav golfer ever.

The Unseen
04-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Appleby with the F-bombs, lol