PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel if the Lions tried to Trade for Pacman jones

TheMadLionsFan
04-07-2007, 09:43 AM
just curious....because I talked to some cat who claimed to be Shaun Cody's friend....couldn't really care less if he was lieing or not....but he said Shaun said they might be trading for Pacman Jones & the worst part of the NFL is preparing for the season....

Notredameleo
04-07-2007, 10:24 AM
no comment

TacticaLion
04-07-2007, 10:37 AM
just curious....because I talked to some cat who claimed to be Shaun Cody's friend....couldn't really care less if he was lieing or not....but he said Shaun said they might be trading for Pacman Jones & the worst part of the NFL is preparing for the season....

Umm. Interesting. He's a great talent... but too much baggage. He was a top pick, though... maybe Marinelli (and the new policy) could keep him in line?

Bootland27
04-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Its never gonna happen with Marinelli around. He sent c-rog and bly packing, so it doesn't make any sense to get pac-man.

Pocket
04-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Umm. Interesting. He's a great talent... but too much baggage. He was a top pick, though... maybe Marinelli (and the new policy) could keep him in line?

No. That is a big mistake. People think they can keep a guy like that in line. Just like Philly and Dallas with T.O.

You can NOT keep a guy like Pacman in line. If we get him, I will not watch a Lions game.

detroit4life
04-07-2007, 12:53 PM
well we could probably get him cheap and i think he'd be a probowler here (hes a great talent) so i'd take the risk on him because if we are able to keep him in line we just got a probowl caliber player for the proce of an average player

TacticaLion
04-07-2007, 01:51 PM
No. That is a big mistake. People think they can keep a guy like that in line. Just like Philly and Dallas with T.O.

You can NOT keep a guy like Pacman in line. If we get him, I will not watch a Lions game.
As detroit4life said, "if" we can keep him in line, he'd be a pro bowler for the price of a lesser player.

And, after all of this, he'll probably be suspended (and will be on a short leash). He knows that if he misbehaves, he's close to being out of the league. So, that being said, I think he'd be better than in the past.

T.O. is his own freak... you can't bring others into conversations with him. After all, a lot of T.O.'s incidents have happened on the field and with other players... Pacman's have happened (for the most part) outside of football.

Big difference.

Xiomera
04-07-2007, 01:53 PM
no comment

I have a comment:

This thread ought to be deleted outright. The idea of Detroit trading for PacMan is an obsurdity.

Pocket
04-07-2007, 03:45 PM
As detroit4life said, "if" we can keep him in line, he'd be a pro bowler for the price of a lesser player.

And, after all of this, he'll probably be suspended (and will be on a short leash). He knows that if he misbehaves, he's close to being out of the league. So, that being said, I think he'd be better than in the past.

T.O. is his own freak... you can't bring others into conversations with him. After all, a lot of T.O.'s incidents have happened on the field and with other players... Pacman's have happened (for the most part) outside of football.

Big difference.

You are correct, but you are arguing for me. Pacman's problems are not on the field... they are off the field, 10 times he was in the wrong place at the right time. 10 times he could have gone to jail, and the league was and still is considering ditching him for a season.

Take a look at the Bengals, drafting guys that have first round talent in the 2nd or 3rd because they have off the field problems, and 9 guys (correct me if I am wrong) that have been in prison. The last thing the Lions need is to depend on a guy who is in jail.

Anyway, Pacman has a shot at the pro bowl if he can stay out of prison.

detroit4life
04-07-2007, 06:12 PM
i wouldnt mind a trade for him like i said its a gamble with a much better upside than downside but i dont see the trade happening at all

WMD
04-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I'd trade for him in Madden.. but not in Real life.

TacticaLion
04-07-2007, 07:46 PM
You are correct, but you are arguing for me. Pacman's problems are not on the field... they are off the field, 10 times he was in the wrong place at the right time. 10 times he could have gone to jail, and the league was and still is considering ditching him for a season.

Take a look at the Bengals, drafting guys that have first round talent in the 2nd or 3rd because they have off the field problems, and 9 guys (correct me if I am wrong) that have been in prison. The last thing the Lions need is to depend on a guy who is in jail.

Anyway, Pacman has a shot at the pro bowl if he can stay out of prison.
Which is my point, really. All of his problems have come off the field... and, now, he's basically the poster boy for "bad conduct". The new commish will start to crack-down on this stuff, and he'll be the one feeling it the most.

He can either a) go down the same path and be kicked from the NFL, or b) walk a straight line and be the pro bowl CB he is. I think that he'll take to the pressure and fix himself.

I guess I feel the same that detroit4life does... he's a great player and the move has great upside, but it wont happen.

Pocket
04-07-2007, 09:09 PM
I don't think he'll change though.

He's got enough money to live the rest of his life. He doesn't need the NFL, or a contract, because he's got tons of money.

Is he a great player? Hell yea he is.

Is he worth the risk?

It depends on what we give up.

TacticaLion
04-07-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't think he'll change though.

He's got enough money to live the rest of his life. He doesn't need the NFL, or a contract, because he's got tons of money.

Is he a great player? Hell yea he is.

Is he worth the risk?

It depends on what we give up.It's not just about the money to everyone.

Sometimes... it's to play the game.

Pocket
04-07-2007, 09:23 PM
You've got a point.

If he enjoyed the game, and loved it, he would realize what he was doing and turn it around.

Which is your point. I see what you did there... ;\

I guess we'll see what happens.

ThEvIcTR
04-07-2007, 10:36 PM
It's not just about the money to everyone.

Sometimes... it's to play the game.

yeah he seems to really care about the game alright.

detroit4life
04-07-2007, 11:55 PM
show me one thing that he says doesnt care about the game he hasnt done anthing to directly affect him playing its an outside chance something happens but this is the first offseason where this has happened hes on a bad streak but at a good price why not take the gamble everyone knows what he can do when hes on the field so as long as he is able to stay on the field it would be a much better deal for us

TacticaLion
04-07-2007, 11:57 PM
yeah he seems to really care about the game alright.
Oh whatthefuckever... he's got a past lifestyle that *gasp* still has an impact on his life. He MUST not care about the game, right? You've gotta be kidding me.

I've never heard of him being a horrible teammate... and hes got a LOT of talent. True playmaker. If, with help (and pressure), he can break old habits and stay away from negative situations, he'll be a pro bowler.

My point: he's a playmaker. If you give him the choice between playing football again and not playing football again, I have a feeling he'll choose to play. And, with help, he can get away from the past mistakes. For his talent, it's worth it to take a chance.

ThEvIcTR
04-08-2007, 12:16 AM
You guys are stupid!

OFF THE FIELD ISSUES ARE 5x worse then on the field. Off the field issues involve the police and the court systems.On the field issues involve the NFL fining people and maybe suspending them for a game or two. Oh yeah his lifestyle is really caring for the game. He is out clubbing with drug dealers and getting in trouble with the police. Good Idea! Lets roll the dice on Pacman and see if we can get a Pro Bowl player out of a person who is gonna end up in jail in a year or two.

Put down the madden and lets be real here.

We dont want guys like this in our organization.

TacticaLion
04-08-2007, 12:28 AM
You guys are stupid!

OFF THE FIELD ISSUES ARE 5x worse then on the field. Off the field issues involve the police and the court systems.On the field issues involve the NFL fining people and maybe suspending them for a game or two. Oh yeah his lifestyle is really caring for the game. He is out clubbing with drug dealers and getting in trouble with the police. Good Idea! Lets roll the dice on Pacman and see if we can get a Pro Bowl player out of a person who is gonna end up in jail in a year or two.

Put down the madden and lets be real here.

We dont want guys like this in our organization.
WHAT!? *Breathes...*... no, you can't be serious.

You mean to tell me that a player getting involved with the police is worse than a player screaming at the star QB, coaches and fans?! Are you SERIOUS?! You can't be... I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless of what happened off the field this year, Pacman had a great year and he's a great talent. T.O., on the other hand, tore his team(s) apart. T.O. is certinally not a "good teammate", while I've never heard anything negative about Pacman and his leadership.

So, no... I'd rather have a player that has off-field issues (which can be corrected) than have a player that has a problem with his teammates and coaches. Pacman may ruin his season (and career), but T.O. ruins his teams' season.

Addict
04-08-2007, 05:37 AM
WHAT!? *Breathes...*... no, you can't be serious.

You mean to tell me that a player getting involved with the police is worse than a player screaming at the star QB, coaches and fans?! Are you SERIOUS?! You can't be... I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless of what happened off the field this year, Pacman had a great year and he's a great talent. T.O., on the other hand, tore his team(s) apart. T.O. is certinally not a "good teammate", while I've never heard anything negative about Pacman and his leadership.

So, no... I'd rather have a player that has off-field issues (which can be corrected) than have a player that has a problem with his teammates and coaches. Pacman may ruin his season (and career), but T.O. ruins his teams' season.

You´ve got a point, but still I think trading for a guy who is so controversial wouldn´t do the team much good, you say how marinelli wants 'marinelli'-types... pacman ain't exactly one.

TacticaLion
04-08-2007, 08:56 AM
You´ve got a point, but still I think trading for a guy who is so controversial wouldn´t do the team much good, you say how marinelli wants 'marinelli'-types... pacman ain't exactly one.

I agree with that. As detroit4life said, it would be nice but it wont happen. Marinelli is in the process of establishing a positive image in Detroit... and taking a player with THAT much baggage wouldn't help things.

Notice: I don't think a Lions player has gotten in trouble. Interesting.

If Pacman, with some help and pressure, stayed away from the negative things in his life, he'd be a great player (he already is).

jbombul
04-08-2007, 02:13 PM
just think, pacman could have almost been ours and we would be in a big debate right now on what to do with him

ThEvIcTR
04-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Hahaha Tactical Tell That To Koren Robinson!!

ThEvIcTR
04-08-2007, 02:31 PM
and what are you talking about we haven't got in trouble? Shawn Rodgers, Kenoy Kennedy, and whoever the naked coach was doesn't ring a bell?

Addict
04-08-2007, 03:19 PM
I feel I haven't really answered the question yet. How woul I feel if we traded for Pacman...

I think my soul would feel empty and unfullfilled, I think my life would appear pointless, I would feel as if all light at the end of the endless tunnel I call my life would fade. A poisonous mist would penetrate my lungs and vital organs, and my head would be filled with darkness and grief.

But that's how I always feel. Pacman to the Lions would really just cause a mild sensation of suprise, soon to be flooded by feelings of despair and fear.

(how's that for drama?)

detroit4life
04-08-2007, 04:22 PM
just think, pacman could have almost been ours and we would be in a big debate right now on what to do with him

no we never passed on him he went before our pick he was in the draft where we took BMW. He went 5 or 6. That draft we missed out on him carlos rogers and antrell rolle

ThEvIcTR
04-08-2007, 06:31 PM
That is why he said "Almost could have been ours."

TacticaLion
04-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I feel I haven't really answered the question yet. How woul I feel if we traded for Pacman...

I think my soul would feel empty and unfullfilled, I think my life would appear pointless, I would feel as if all light at the end of the endless tunnel I call my life would fade. A poisonous mist would penetrate my lungs and vital organs, and my head would be filled with darkness and grief.

But that's how I always feel. Pacman to the Lions would really just cause a mild sensation of suprise, soon to be flooded by feelings of despair and fear.

(how's that for drama?)Haha... mild sensation... out of all that. Funny post. We should call you "TNT".

Hahaha Tactical Tell That To Koren Robinson!!
Not every player is the same, and the league is reacting differently to those situations now. But, I'll let him know.
and what are you talking about we haven't got in trouble? Shawn Rodgers, Kenoy Kennedy, and whoever the naked coach was doesn't ring a bell?I was talking about this offseason... but I didn't make that clear.

Newbs24
04-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Not to call your friend a liar but I could never see the Fords wanting a clown like this in their organization. It would be awful if he came here. I don't like the guy and they need to boot him and Henry from the league. Total pieces of crap. No thank you.

detroit4life
04-09-2007, 09:48 AM
That is why he said "Almost could have been ours."

i guess but it doesnt really make sense we missed the guy by 4 or 5 draft picks and 2 other cbs were tkane in those picks there was no way he was falling to us. Thats like sayin Vince young almost could have been ours last year

detroit4life
04-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Not to call your friend a liar but I could never see the Fords wanting a clown like this in their organization. It would be awful if he came here. I don't like the guy and they need to boot him and Henry from the league. Total pieces of crap. No thank you.

exactly me and tactica both said this this trade isnt going to happen. But the fords already have had some clowns in there so they may not mind heck they have a clown running the entire franchise so i guess you never know

DeMonikk1
04-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Talent wise, he's outstanding

character wise, he's a douchebag...keep him away..

TacticaLion
04-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Talent wise, he's outstanding

character wise, he's a douchebag...keep him away..

I think "douchebag" is a bit strong. "Troubled" may be a better term.

Either way, your point is taken.

reinar
04-10-2007, 02:47 AM
Pacman is a good CB, adn a good return man as well, if he can turn around his off field issues, i would have no problem trading for him, but Marinelli wont.

jbombul
04-10-2007, 07:29 AM
i guess but it doesnt really make sense we missed the guy by 4 or 5 draft picks and 2 other cbs were tkane in those picks there was no way he was falling to us. Thats like sayin Vince young almost could have been ours last year

way to prove that wrong, any player can drop anytime. examples: matt leinart, kevin jones, shaun rogers, etc.

i GUARANTEE had the titans listened to their gm and scouting department he would have dropped, cards were satisfied with rolle and redskins liked rogers.

basically if it makes no sense to argue, then why do it? i was just making a point

detroit4life
04-10-2007, 05:13 PM
pacmans suspended for a year so lets just give this up

way to prove that wrong, any player can drop anytime. examples: matt leinart, kevin jones, shaun rogers, etc.

i GUARANTEE had the titans listened to their gm and scouting department he would have dropped, cards were satisfied with rolle and redskins liked rogers.

basically if it makes no sense to argue, then why do it? i was just making a point

fair enough but we had no shot at pacman in that draft the only guy we had a shot at was rogers

dreadedluck
04-10-2007, 09:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............. ............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... ...................no comment..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA