PDA

View Full Version : Nhl Playoffs Thread!!

Komp
04-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Might as well get this going with playoffs starting this week...

So many games tonight with so many playoff implications!

GO HABS! GO OILERS!!

Moses
04-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Habs? Are you crazy?

http://www.habssuck.com/images/habslogo.gif

yodabear
04-07-2007, 05:40 PM
GO BLUES! Oh, wait a minute.......

Go Wild!

Vikes99ej
04-07-2007, 05:41 PM
I hope the Wild do well.

throwback54milkman
04-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Go Rangers!

etk
04-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm going to my friends house to watch the Leafs get rocked in their own house.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2006/12/02/koivu-raycroft-cp-061202.jpg

Komp
04-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Yah I'm hoping the Leafs lose tonight. Or else TSN [Toronto Sports Network] will be Leafs Leafs Leafs 24/7......and that bum Kypreos will be flapping his mouth on Sportsnet all day and night, therefore leaving me with only the Score.

Plus, living in Edmonton I naturally hate the Flames.

etk
04-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Yah I'm hoping the Leafs lose tonight. Or else TSN [Toronto Sports Network] will be Leafs Leafs Leafs 24/7......

I'd love to see the Leafs beat Montreal, only to watch the Islanders win their last 2. Neither of those will happen though, Leafs won't beat the Habs, and Islanders won't beat Brodeur.....

liquidswords
04-07-2007, 06:05 PM
I live in Montreal and I hate the Habs... GO ISLES!!

Eaglez.Fan
04-07-2007, 06:08 PM
I hate Toronto with a passion.

Vince Lombardi
04-07-2007, 06:30 PM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8183/det79ha9.gif

Big Mike
04-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I want the Senators or Canucks to win. I would actually be happy if any Canadian team won.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-07-2007, 06:40 PM
LET'S GO DEVILS!!
*CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP*

LET'S GO DEVILS!!
*CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP*

Brodeur is God, my religion is polytheistic. We worship two Gods. Cutler from July to January/Early February and Brodeur for the rest of the year.

volman88
04-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Did the avalanche get in?

Shane P. Hallam
04-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Penguins will win in 6, 'Nugh said.

Moses
04-07-2007, 06:49 PM
2-1 Leafs baby.

Xiomera
04-07-2007, 07:16 PM
http://www.drwforever.com/photo-3768.jpg

etk
04-07-2007, 07:20 PM
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060627/raycroft_63634.jpg

PULLED!

Moses
04-07-2007, 07:28 PM
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060627/raycroft_63634.jpg

PULLED!

Terrible. He should not be an NHL goaltender. Pathetic performance.

04-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Penguins will win in 6, 'Nugh said.

I totally agree. The Sens will have a 2-0 series lead and be up by 2 late in the third period, and someone will cough it up to Crosby, who will score. And then they'll take a penalty out of frustration, and Malkin will score. And then in OT, the Pens will win, and then Ottawa will be so crushed that they lose the next three. I live in Ottawa and hate the sens, so I'm both familiar and enamoured with their trademarked, annual choke jobs.

Komp
04-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Did the avalanche get in?

It's not looking good...They need three things to happen before they can get in.

1) Beat the Predators tonight - Not an easy task considering they are one of the best teams in the league. The positives are that the Preds may be sitting most of their star players as they don't have much to gain in this game and the Avs are at home.

2) Calgary needs to lose to the Oilers - Unlikely as to happen Edmonton has only won 1 of their last 18 games or something ridiculous and it is in Calgary.

3) If the Avs win and the Flames lose it all comes down to tomorrow nights game in Denver where the Avs and Flames play against each other. Winner is in the playoffs, the loser gets to go golfing. ;)

SuperMcGee
04-07-2007, 07:55 PM
tsk tsk. Nearly a page of irrelevant posts....

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Hockey/NHL/BUF_230.gif

DHVF
04-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Minnesota Wild all the way.
http://img80.exs.cx/img80/2621/wild3.jpg

04-07-2007, 08:17 PM
http://devilsweapon.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/stevens-scott-cup1-061000.jpg

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Hockey/NHL/NJ_127.gif

I can post big pictures, too.

Green Bay Scat
04-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Go Penguins!!!

Moses
04-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Have fun on the links Montreal.

PACKmanN
04-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Sharks all the way baby. Ferguson is killing the Leafs, and i hate them.

roughrider30
04-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Isles now in the playoffs with that shootout win against the Devils.

Moses
04-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Isles now in the playoffs with that shootout win against the Devils.

That's the reason the shootout shouldn't be in the NHL.

roughrider30
04-08-2007, 05:25 PM
That's the reason the shootout shouldn't be in the NHL.

ya i dont know about a shootout deciding a playoff team

SuperMcGee
04-08-2007, 06:27 PM
ya i dont know about a shootout deciding a playoff team

Well they've been deciding the teams all year. It's not like this is the only shootout that had an effect on who made it and who didn't. You either go for or against the shootout entirely.

Titans10
04-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Go Preds!!! Payback is going to be a b!tch for SAn Jose

http://www.1045thezone.com/images/predators.gif

roughrider30
04-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Well they've been deciding the teams all year. It's not like this is the only shootout that had an effect on who made it and who didn't. You either go for or against the shootout entirely.

what im saying is that, yes i like the excitement of the shootout and the fact that it gets rid of the tie, but it would be different if my team was the one with a playoff berth riding on the shootout.

The Dynasty
04-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Sabres, Its different this year last Playoff's we lost all our players this year we got them all back like Maxim and Tim Connely. Watch out Islanders

04-08-2007, 07:37 PM
As long as Ottawa doesn't win(which they won't), I am happy. Go Devils and Penguins.

Hines
04-08-2007, 07:39 PM
im happy about the pens
if they didnt have that late slide i think they could be the number 1 seed
but they r the fifth and gonna beat the sens
and i think crosby will be the playoff mvp
and if they go to the stanley cup then i think he will win the mvp of that

or malkin
or staal

Hines
04-08-2007, 07:40 PM
oh ya
god im excited for the pens

im glad that there r two good teams outta three in pittsburgh

now if the pirates continue playin well

man this will be a great year for pittsburgh

SuperMcGee
04-08-2007, 09:28 PM
im happy about the pens
if they didnt have that late slide i think they could be the number 1 seed
but they r the fifth and gonna beat the sens
and i think crosby will be the playoff mvp
and if they go to the stanley cup then i think he will win the mvp of that

or malkin
or staal

What slide? They finished 13-3-2 in their last 18 games. They finished 8 points out of first, they weren't going to get.
I'm a little weary of the experience level of most of the team (save Recchi and Roberts). Mostly I just don't see Fleury being the goalie that they need him to be to get to the Cup. Not this year.

Moses
04-08-2007, 09:30 PM
What slide? They finished 13-3-2 in their last 18 games. They finished 8 points out of first, they weren't going to get.
I'm a little weary of the experience level of most of the team (save Recchi and Roberts). Mostly I just don't see Fleury being the goalie that they need him to be to get to the Cup. Not this year.

They'll be out in the 1st. Not experienced enough to beat a team like Ottawa who can match their scoring output.

Jay
04-08-2007, 09:31 PM
The Bruins may be out, but thankfully, so are the Habs.

I guess I'll be rooting for the Sharks because of Joe Thornton and because Worcester has their AHL club...

MP123
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Nobody cares!!!

PACKmanN
04-08-2007, 10:43 PM

oh yeah!!!http://home.comcast.net/~baronfamily1/images/san_jose_sharks_2000.gif

here we come!

fischbowl
04-08-2007, 11:22 PM
http://www.sabresfans.com/images/Roster/Pominville.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/brian_cazeneuve/10/18/news.notes/tx.esche2.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/ho_AAHM235_16x20~Ryan-Miller-Posters.jpg

Who hath feel the wrath!!

Watch out Ted Nolan, we're coming back!

DHVF
04-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Nobody cares!!!
If nobody cared, this thread would not exist.....therefore you my friend, are an idiot.

04-08-2007, 11:43 PM
If nobody cared, this thread would not exist.....therefore you my friend, are an idiot.

I suggest a negative rep storm towards MP123.

yodabear
04-08-2007, 11:45 PM

I just did it. What a d-hole, if he doesn't care, why post in here.

slightlyaraiderfan
04-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Woo, playoff hockey...thanks NHL for selling the rights to some stupid outdoor channel. Only playoff hockey i'll be able to see if they show any on national television and Ducks hockey, on local tv...boo.

yodabear
04-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Woo, playoff hockey...thanks NHL for selling the rights to some stupid outdoor channel. Only playoff hockey i'll be able to see if they show any on national television and Ducks hockey, on local tv...boo.

U can come over to my house and watch the game.

SuperMcGee
04-09-2007, 12:28 AM

I'm pretty sure it was the first time I neg repped someone, and it only took about 2.3 seconds after his post was made.

04-09-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm pretty sure it was the first time I neg repped someone, and it only took about 2.3 seconds after his post was made.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow, I'm all repped out.

Chucky
04-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Im a diehard leafs fan, and in a way im happy the leafs didnt make it. THey would have got clobbered by the Sabres anyways, plus now Fergusen will get fired and hopefully raycroft will get sent to the gallows

04-09-2007, 12:40 AM
I will +rep every Penguins fan if they beat the Sens.

Chucky
04-09-2007, 12:42 AM
I hate the sens with a passion, I truly believe that the only team the leafs could have beaten in the playoffs would be the Sens, the leafs just own them

04-09-2007, 12:47 AM
I hate the sens with a passion, I truly believe that the only team the leafs could have beaten in the playoffs would be the Sens, the leafs just own them

You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, please try again later.

God damn it, I need to stop giving pointless rep so I can reward posts like these. Suck the Fens.

SuperMcGee
04-09-2007, 12:54 AM
God damn it, I need to stop giving pointless rep so I can reward posts like these. Suck the Fens.

I'll cover for you. The Leafs had a tough day, The Sens blow, and he admitted Sabres dominance. He deserves it.

roughrider30
04-09-2007, 03:03 AM
Here is where it is at.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Hockey/NHL/NYR_145.gif

Wednesday cannot come any faster.

Gotta love playoff hockey.

alexschnarr
04-09-2007, 03:23 AM
sabers should take it all this year, i love the leafs, and would rather them be in the playoffs then not, no matter how they do it them. I hope the sens go down in 4 straight i hate everything about them!!! Also i LOVE the the flyers finished last, bahahaha serves you right for play hatcher

toonsterwu
04-09-2007, 05:21 AM
Admittedly, haven't watched/followed Hockey as closely this past year. Anyhow, my picks:

East:

1. Sabres over 8. Islanders (just too skilled for the Isles; in all honesty, still not sure how Ted Nolan got this group into the playoffs). I'll say Sabres in 5.

2. Devils over 7. Lightning (Holmqvist and Denis? I'm not too bullish on the Devils, but eh, the Lightning's goaltending has to be worrisome). Devils in 6.

6. Rangers over 3. Thrashers (Rangers played real well down the stretch, and I think they continue that in round 1. I'm not sold on the Thrashers blue line, and I like Lundqvist). Rangers in 7.

4. Senators over 5. Penguins (No real reason, I just like the Sens to win it in, say, 6).

2nd round:

1. Sabres over 6. Rangers; 4. Senators over 2. Devils

Conference Championships:

4. Senators over 1. Sabres

West:

8. Flames over 1. Red Wings (No good reason ... Flames didn't exactly finish strong either, but I just wonder if Mikka can provide enough for them to squeak by). Flames in 7.

2. Ducks over 7. Wild (iffy goalie situation and weak offense has me going the Ducks controlling them enough and getting by). Ducks in 6.

3. Canucks over 6. Stars (Must be nice for Vancouver to have a goalie, should be a nice series and if the Stars can shut down that top line, they've got a nice shot at it, but I like the Canucks). Canucks in 7.

4. Predators over 5. Sharks (Not sure why to be honest; I like Vokoun/Mason better than I like Nabokov/Toskala, though). Predators in 6.

2nd round:

8. Flames over 2. Ducks; 4. Predators over 3. Canucks (I think Nashville can beat up the Canucks a bit, and if they can get solid goaltending, I like their chances) Predators in 5.

Conference Championship:

4. Predators over 8. Flames

Stanley Cup:

Predators over Senators

Jay
04-09-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm taking Sharks over Sabres

Titans10
04-09-2007, 12:30 PM
oh yeah!!!http://home.comcast.net/~baronfamily1/images/san_jose_sharks_2000.gif

here we come!cant wait...it should be a good series, I just hope we can stop Thronton and Cheechoo cause they killed us last year...I got tickets to the second game

Go Preds!!

EdReedUnstoppable
04-09-2007, 12:32 PM

I agree Sir!!! Lets Go PREDATORS!!!!!!!

JCutlery
04-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Sens aren't going anywhere.. their team is never built for the playoffs. Emery is getting better but he's not the type to steal games, and their defense isn't physical enough.

fischbowl
04-09-2007, 12:58 PM
God damnit ERU, we must talk about your playoff affiliations!

JF4
04-09-2007, 01:04 PM
East:

1. Sabres over 8. Islanders.
Should be a cake walk for the Sabres, it would probably be a little harder for them if the Isles had DiPietro in net but they dont.

Sabres in 5.

2. Devils over 7. Lightning.
The Lightning just don't get enough scoring out of players other than the big line and they have the worst goaltenders of the team's in the playoffs. Brodeur and the Devils defence will shut down the TB offense.

Devils in 5.

6. Rangers over 3. Thrashers
Rangers have played real well to get them into the #6 spot and I'm still not sold on ATL. They have been inconsistent at times this year. If the Thrashers can play their best hockey for the series than I think they'll win, but I see them struggling with their lack of playoff experience.

Rangers in 6.

5. Penguins over 4. Senators
It's going to be the same old story for the Sens who choke year in, year out in the playoffs. The Penguins have beat them in the last three regular season games that they've played. The only real question mark for the Penguins is their goalkeeping, Fleury has been inconsistent this year, but I think he'll do just fine in the Playoffs. If the Sens don't get the secondary scoring and their defense and goalie struggle like every year in the playoffs they will not win. The series should be fantastic though and if you are a true hockey fan you can't miss this. It will be end to end hockey at it's finest. A player to watch out for in this series, Gary Roberts, he has always lit up the Senators and has been a great playoff performer over his career. I wouldn't be surprised if the Malkin/Roberts line outperformed even Crosby's line.

Pens in 7.

2nd round:

1. Sabres over 6. Rangers; 2. Devils over 5. Penguins

2. Devils over 1. Sabres

West:

8. Flames over 1. Red Wings
This has the makings of a big upset. I've really liked Calgary all year and I think they've underacheived quite a bit. They are good in all areas of the game and Kipprusoff could probably even steal a series if need be. I'm pretty confident this series will come right down to the wire.

Flames in 7.

2. Ducks over 7. Wild
Duck's defense and goaltending should be able to outlast Minnesota.

Ducks in 5.

6. Stars over 3. Canucks
I don't know why i'm doing this but I think that the Stars have something to prove this year. For too long they've been a middle of the road playoff team and not made any type of run for the Cup. Marty Turco is almost as good as Luongo and I think he'll outperform him in the series. I really like the Canucks as a team but some of their better players have dissapeared at times this year and they haven't been a team that has had success in the playoffs the past couple of year, i'll be it without Luongo. But still, I think Dallas squeks this one out.

Stars in 7.

4. Predators over 5. Sharks
This is the other series that if you're a true hockey fan you will tune in. Two great teams that could have just as easily finishes #1,2 in the conference. I think the Pred's offense is a little stronger than the Sharks. They have more depth and more ability to get scoring from all 4 lines.

Predators in 6.

2nd round:

2. Ducks over 8. Flames; 6. Stars over 4. Predators

2. Ducks over 6. Stars

Stanley Cup:

Devils over Ducks In 6

Marty Broduer = God

mcdlaxbonz13
04-09-2007, 01:08 PM
i remember ray emmery saying he hates playing the penguins during the quote of the day during one of the pens games. The only team i don't see the pens beating in the playoffs are the sabres, and probably the devils(although it would be a good series)

04-09-2007, 02:41 PM
East:

1. Sabres over 8. Islanders.
Should be a cake walk for the Sabres, it would probably be a little harder for them if the Isles had DiPietro in net but they dont.

Sabres in 5.

2. Devils over 7. Lightning.
The Lightning just don't get enough scoring out of players other than the big line and they have the worst goaltenders of the team's in the playoffs. Brodeur and the Devils defence will shut down the TB offense.

Devils in 5.

6. Rangers over 3. Thrashers
Rangers have played real well to get them into the #6 spot and I'm still not sold on ATL. They have been inconsistent at times this year. If the Thrashers can play their best hockey for the series than I think they'll win, but I see them struggling with their lack of playoff experience.

Rangers in 6.

5. Penguins over 4. Senators
It's going to be the same old story for the Sens who choke year in, year out in the playoffs. The Penguins have beat them in the last three regular season games that they've played. The only real question mark for the Penguins is their goalkeeping, Fleury has been inconsistent this year, but I think he'll do just fine in the Playoffs. If the Sens don't get the secondary scoring and their defense and goalie struggle like every year in the playoffs they will not win. The series should be fantastic though and if you are a true hockey fan you can't miss this. It will be end to end hockey at it's finest. A player to watch out for in this series, Gary Roberts, he has always lit up the Senators and has been a great playoff performer over his career. I wouldn't be surprised if the Malkin/Roberts line outperformed even Crosby's line.

Pens in 7.

2nd round:

1. Sabres over 6. Rangers; 2. Devils over 5. Penguins

2. Devils over 1. Sabres

West:

8. Flames over 1. Red Wings
This has the makings of a big upset. I've really liked Calgary all year and I think they've underacheived quite a bit. They are good in all areas of the game and Kipprusoff could probably even steal a series if need be. I'm pretty confident this series will come right down to the wire.

Flames in 7.

2. Ducks over 7. Wild
Duck's defense and goaltending should be able to outlast Minnesota.

Ducks in 5.

6. Stars over 3. Canucks
I don't know why i'm doing this but I think that the Stars have something to prove this year. For too long they've been a middle of the road playoff team and not made any type of run for the Cup. Marty Turco is almost as good as Luongo and I think he'll outperform him in the series. I really like the Canucks as a team but some of their better players have dissapeared at times this year and they haven't been a team that has had success in the playoffs the past couple of year, i'll be it without Luongo. But still, I think Dallas squeks this one out.

Stars in 7.

4. Predators over 5. Sharks
This is the other series that if you're a true hockey fan you will tune in. Two great teams that could have just as easily finishes #1,2 in the conference. I think the Pred's offense is a little stronger than the Sharks. They have more depth and more ability to get scoring from all 4 lines.

Predators in 6.

2nd round:

2. Ducks over 8. Flames; 6. Stars over 4. Predators

2. Ducks over 6. Stars

Stanley Cup:

Devils over Ducks In 6

Marty Broduer = God

Did I happen to mention I love you? And yes, Brodeur is God. Any prediction that has the Sens out in the first and the Devils going all the way is good with me.

04-09-2007, 02:43 PM
i remember ray emmery saying he hates playing the penguins during the quote of the day during one of the pens games. The only team i don't see the pens beating in the playoffs are the sabres, and probably the devils(although it would be a good series)

If I were a goalie, I wouldnt wanna play the Pens either. Crosby and Malkin scare me. I would **** myself if I were playing goalie against them in a close game in the third when my defensemen keep threading perfect passes onto the stick of Crosby, the way Ottawa's defensemen always tend to do.

mcdlaxbonz13
04-09-2007, 02:43 PM
i wonder who would be harder to pry away from his respective team, marty brodeur or peyton manning,

mcdlaxbonz13
04-09-2007, 02:44 PM
If I were a goalie, I wouldnt wanna play the Pens either. Crosby and Malkin scare me. I would **** myself if I were playing goalie against them in a close game in the third when my defensemen keep threading perfect passes onto the stick of Crosby, the way Ottawa's defensemen always tend to do.

don't forget about jordan staal, hes def. my favorite player, only reason i dont have him in my sig is cause no one would make me a staal sig

SuperMcGee
04-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Hahahah Game 1 of the 2nd round in OT. It was either Meszaros or Volchenkov, boy did they ever blow it.

SuperMcGee
04-09-2007, 03:25 PM
don't forget about jordan staal, hes def. my favorite player, only reason i dont have him in my sig is cause no one would make me a staal sig

I used to underrate Staal, but he's shown to be pretty good in several aspects of the game and has some good intangibles. He could definitely become a great player.

Xiomera
04-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Why do we have two NHL threads? One of the mods should lock this one and we should keep the NHL official thread going.

SuperMcGee
04-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Why do we have two NHL threads? One of the mods should lock this one and we should keep the NHL official thread going.

Because this one allows all of the people that just noticed that their hometown team made the playoffs to add a post by saying "GO (insert team name)!!"
And for more Ottawa trashing.

JF4
04-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Hahahah Game 1 of the 2nd round in OT. It was either Meszaros or Volchenkov, boy did they ever blow it.

Or don't forget Alfie's defense on Pominville's series winning goal.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-09-2007, 05:11 PM
God damnit ERU, we must talk about your playoff affiliations!

Sorry fishy but Id root for the Yankees before I ever rooted for the Sabres.

04-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Or don't forget Alfie's defense on Pominville's series winning goal.

Or in 03 when Rachunek and Redden both took Grant Marshall who was coming down the side, leaving Jeff Friesen wide open in the slot to put the Conference Finals clincher past Lalime.

Or when Nieuwendyk(I think) when he was with the leafs lobbed the puck at the net and Lalime somehow let it in. Or all the other times they were supposed to win the Stanley Cup and didn't. But "this year is different" :rolleyes:

mcdlaxbonz13
04-09-2007, 05:49 PM
yea this year they don't have to worry about "loosing" because the penguins will just sweep em under the rug.