PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Meriweather

Achilles33
04-08-2007, 08:57 AM
What do you think of him? I think he is serious dark horse, and there is a good chance he goes at 22 to us. I really like the kid. I just have a gut feeling he is the next Ed Reed.

Burns336
04-08-2007, 02:04 PM
The more i think about it, the more i think roy needs experience next to him since he has proven that he cant put the secondary on his shoulders alone and direct people in coverage. Throwing a rookie in with him may just make the problem stay around longer. I like the hamlin signing more and more and look forward to drafting a cb.

Achilles33
04-08-2007, 06:48 PM
You do have a great pont there. If it weren't for Woody, who knows if Roy Williams isn't a bust.

I don't know why, but there is just something in my gut telling me "Meriweather is the next Ed Reed, pick him, pick him".

I know everyone is saying he has character issues, but no he doesn't IMO. First of all, to the shooting incident, he was protecting a teammate. What would you do? I would probably fire back as well. If anything, that is a plus in my draft book. Willing to die for his teammates, now that is what I call dedication. Same goes for the FIU brawl. He was defending his teammates, and in the heat of the moment, like any of us wouldn't have kicked or taking a swing? I find that pretty hard to believe. I like the kid, and I would jump up and down if we picked him at 22. I am actually starting to like him over Reggie Nelson. Oh and, does character even matter anyway? Who really cares?

Moses
04-08-2007, 06:54 PM
You do have a great pont there. If it weren't for Woody, who knows if Roy Williams isn't a bust.

I don't know why, but there is just something in my gut telling me "Meriweather is the next Ed Reed, pick him, pick him".

I know everyone is saying he has character issues, but no he doesn't IMO. First of all, to the shooting incident, he was protecting a teammate. What would you do? I would probably fire back as well. If anything, that is a plus in my draft book. Willing to die for his teammates, now that is what I call dedication. Same goes for the FIU brawl. He was defending his teammates, and in the heat of the moment, like any of us wouldn't have kicked or taking a swing? I find that pretty hard to believe. I like the kid, and I would jump up and down if we picked him at 22. I am actually starting to like him over Reggie Nelson. Oh and, does character even matter anyway? Who really cares?

I think Merriweather is going to be a great player but:

-The mere fact that Merriweather carries a gun around with him is cause for concern. Guns and NFL players don't mix as we've seen over the past few years.

-There is no way you can defend what he did in the brawl. He was stomping a player on the ground. That is not "defending his teammates".

Does character matter? Yes.

-Chris Henry
-Odell Thurman
-Charles Rogers
-Pacman Jones
etc.

chrlopez1
04-08-2007, 11:51 PM
I think it would be a good pick.........he would back up Hamlin and he could also line up on the Slot and be our 3-4 CB. I just think this guys can play. Sometimes you just need to have a bad-ass on D and I think he can fit that. He is one of those rare players that has to many good points that you need to have on Defense....The only way I would be happy if we go WR and get Meacham or Jarrett.................................please responds...

also any new pictures of the new Stadium besides what on DAllascowboys.com

ThALiVinLeGeND
04-09-2007, 01:10 AM
after the Hamlin acquisition I don't see us drafting S anymore. We will go either CB, WR, O-Line(hopefully not), or trade down where we could take an o linemen. Jerry Jones said after acquiring Hamlin that we got the guy we wanted so he must have some type of faith in him...

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-09-2007, 02:54 AM
I'm out on him. A good prospect, but I think there are several other safeties that are good prospects with less character questions.

With the Hamlin signing, why would we address it again? Fergie has no one behind him (unless you truely consider Stanley a backup). Why would we not address a 33 year old nose tackle with no backup?

Just my two cents.

Achilles33
04-09-2007, 06:09 AM
There are no NT's at 22 though. Branch has no chance in falling, and everyone else would be a major reach. I wouldn't mind Staley, or Levi Brown if he fell.

Ward
04-09-2007, 11:15 AM
We have no chance of taking him. The organization is committed to character guys. We've had one arrest over the past couple of years (Marcus Coleman), and we handled it immediately. We are not interested in guys who might get their heads on straight. This is the Dallas Cowboys, there are guys waiting in line to put the star on their helmet.

Achilles33
04-09-2007, 01:20 PM
That is a great point.

robert_in_bigd
04-09-2007, 04:15 PM
This is the Dallas Cowboys, there are guys waiting in line to put the star on their helmet.

As long as it includes a huge pay check! Today is not the 1970s Ward.

bigbluedefense
04-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Merriweather is not the next Ed Reed.

If anyone has a chance to be the next Reed from this draft, its Nelson.

Merriweather is a round 2 pick anyway. Dallas won't spend a 1st on him.

I think WR is probably what you guys go for. A guy like Meachem or maybe even Ginn if he's available there.

Achilles33
04-09-2007, 05:24 PM
I would much rather have Meachem.

bigbluedefense
04-09-2007, 05:33 PM
I would much rather have Meachem.

Thats the thing though. Im sure that some NFL teams who are looking for WR before Dallas drafts feel the same way. That means Ginn could be the 3rd WR off the board, not Meachem.

If thats the case, Dallas would nab Ginn. Unless they pass up Ginn for a guy like Gonzalez or Bowe.

Achilles33
04-09-2007, 05:37 PM
I would take Bowe over him as well.

bigbluedefense
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I would take Bowe over him as well.

Bowe's chubbiness scares me. He's a donut and a conversation with Mike Williams away from being too big.

Achilles33
04-09-2007, 06:32 PM
lol, that was funny.

ThALiVinLeGeND
04-09-2007, 08:09 PM
My vote is for Ted Ginn. How could we pass on that kind of playmaker and potential. Regardless if we draft a WR in round one we will have BY FAR the best 4wr package in the NFL

bigbluedefense
04-09-2007, 09:34 PM
My vote is for Ted Ginn. How could we pass on that kind of playmaker and potential. Regardless if we draft a WR in round one we will have BY FAR the best 4wr package in the NFL

That depends on how long Glenn and TO can hold up.

Theyre at that age where injuries/speed will take its toll.

Ginn would be more of an investment for the future than an addition to the current puzzle.