PDA

View Full Version : Should i make default sigs for new members?

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 04:50 PM
in the past we have had problems with new members asking for sigs with very little post count and sig makers(including myself) do not want to make sigs for them b/c we dont konw if they will be active..... so i got an idea that scar had on a diff site to make default sigs for all 32 teams and a new user could use that until they could ask for a custom sig.... i just want your input if newbs deserve sigs and such.... and if these sigs are appropiate for them... scar's sigs were pretty nice

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9435/newbraven7te.jpg
http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/6397/newbpatriosts6un.jpg

Shane P. Hallam
07-06-2006, 04:53 PM
If you are up for it, it'd be an awesome idea, but it's all on if you and other sig makers want to do it.

CGF 216/137
can someone make the sig i requested first :(

Scotty D
I think its a great idea, but I wouldn't be doing all the work. It only makes the site better, and welcomes new users.

vatech=accdomination
07-06-2006, 04:56 PM

no hippie

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 04:57 PM
I think its a great idea, but I wouldn't be doing all the work. It only makes the site better, and welcomes new users.

i agree... ive just gotten remarks that newbs dont deserve sigs like those

Ravens1991
07-06-2006, 04:57 PM
perhaps you could get other sig makers and split the teams up so you don't do all the work.

CGF 216/137
07-06-2006, 04:59 PM

no hippie

Well you won't be a follower of the STC.

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 05:04 PM
perhaps you could get other sig makers and split the teams up so you don't do all the work.

yea atl said he would help me out

S4L
07-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah, if there's 16 sig makers, each could make two. And we'd also know who the newbies support.

Vince Lombardi
07-06-2006, 05:15 PM
I've got no problem with new members getting sigs, but it may get a little weird with a bunch of people using the same ones. Maybe it's just me, but the avatar and sig is how I recognize people alot of times, and with a bunch of people using the same ones it may get confusing. IDK though, go for it.

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 05:17 PM
I've got no problem with new members getting sigs, but it may get a little weird with a bunch of people using the same ones. Maybe it's just me, but the avatar and sig is how I recognize people alot of times, and with a bunch of people using the same ones it may get confusing. IDK though, go for it.

i see your point... since wat makes each sig great is the uniqueness, but it wont be a problem as they will be new on the site....

im gonna try to do at least 2 a day... i just fniished the raiders one

The Unseen
07-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Not really a fan of this idea. Hard to tell the difference between people.

Maybe something smaller, like a "bar" or a mini sig.

07-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Thats the quality of regular sigs. They should be basic, they should EARN better sigs.

07-06-2006, 05:29 PM
in the past we have had problems with new members asking for sigs with very little post count and sig makers(including myself) do not want to make sigs for them b/c we dont konw if they will be active..... so i got an idea that scar had on a diff site to make default sigs for all 32 teams and a new user could use that until they could ask for a custom sig.... i just want your input if newbs deserve sigs and such.... and if these sigs are appropiate for them... scar's sigs were pretty nice

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9435/newbraven7te.jpg
http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/6397/newbpatriosts6un.jpg

its alot ofwork but if your up to it why not

SeanTaylorRIP
07-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Nice sig by the way, your on a roll, 108 posts in 2 days. We really get to see who you are by your sig and avy.

Nerv
07-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I like the idea. I think it will help make new users feel welcome and stick around. It would be nice if you could advertise this on the sig threads to get a few other guys to help you out with basic team sigs.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-06-2006, 05:35 PM
I'd still help you out jkpigskin, but I agree with Vince, that a sig and avy is an important part of knowing everyone.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-06-2006, 05:35 PM
And besides the sigs you made a too nice.

stephenson86
07-06-2006, 05:37 PM
pig, teach me too make those sigs and ill team up with u
then in their sigs, they can say sig by (and then we can make a team name) :lol: :lol:

07-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Nice sig by the way, your on a roll, 108 posts in 2 days. We really get to see who you are by your sig and avy.

4 is on pace to smash toonster's record. but anyway i think its a good idea but those sigs are too good for guy with 3 posts. i like the small sig idea.

stephenson86
07-06-2006, 05:38 PM
for all who say the sigs are too nice, i thihnk thats total BS and not a nice way too welcome new members,
can i have this sig.
no.
y?
because ur a n00b.
i dont see it as an effective welcome, so i think its a mint idea

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 05:39 PM
And besides the sigs you made a too nice.

but i think that since these sigs wont be unique, that the quality wont be that great... and if a new member is really active, he will get a custom sig from a sig maker.... you can tell if a member will be active or not from the start....there are those who gradually post each day and there are people like america and 4 who post like crazy from day 1

CGF 216/137
07-06-2006, 05:41 PM

4 is on pace to smash toonster's record. but anyway i think its a good idea but those sigs are too good for guy with 3 posts. i like the small sig idea.

newt had 200+ post per day for a couple of hours. JFK3 had 100+ post per day for most of his posting career.

FlutiesDropKick
i think its a great idea and would do it, if i had any sig making ability. what would be great would be including one post up by the rules that had all the sigs and codes and an explanation of why they are there and such.

i think its a mint idea

stephenson86

i got too veteran status in like 4 days :lol: then it all slows down

Nerv
07-06-2006, 05:43 PM
For those who are saying "a sig is how people are often known or recognized" that is true to an extent. But often times new users have no sig at all, so they still are similar.

You also still have your avatar to help differenciate yourself from other fans who might happen to be new and be using the same sig as you. Plus, how often do fans of the same team join at the same time? I don't think it will be much of an issue.

07-06-2006, 05:43 PM

:shock: wow that was fast, 125 posts a day.

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
pig, teach me too make those sigs and ill team up with u
then in their sigs, they can say sig by (and then we can make a team name) :lol: :lol:

cool thx for the help... ill pm you wat i did... its real simple

stephenson86
07-06-2006, 05:47 PM

ive posted 200 times in the past 2 days but ive bin home ill :cry:

vatech=accdomination
07-06-2006, 05:52 PM
im not in favor of this, but if you want to, go ahead.

Gribble
07-06-2006, 06:14 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stephenson86
07-06-2006, 06:18 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: consisting of mainly that :lol: :lol: :lol:

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 06:23 PM
dang... the most i posted in 1 day was 40

DHVF
07-06-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm in favor of this. I can help with making some.

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 06:31 PM

cool.... me and stephenson have teamed up and we =have a set way of making them... if you want i could pm the steps and bg....

steelersfan43
07-06-2006, 06:35 PM
i think those are too good to just give to new members

DHVF
07-06-2006, 06:39 PM

cool.... me and stephenson have teamed up and we =have a set way of making them... if you want i could pm the steps and bg....They don't have to all be the same, do they?

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 06:43 PM

cool.... me and stephenson have teamed up and we =have a set way of making them... if you want i could pm the steps and bg....They don't have to all be the same, do they?

nah... they can be different... stephenson and i just decided to do same sigs... i havent seen his outcomes yet so i dont know if his are the same as mine

The Peoples Champ
07-06-2006, 06:44 PM
i like this idea, keep doing it

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 06:44 PM
ive done the ravens, raiders, pats, broncos, and cards

stephenson is doing the entire nfc east

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 06:45 PM
i like this idea, keep doing it

haha i hop-e this will help people like you (new)

stephenson86
07-06-2006, 06:45 PM
i like this idea, keep doing itplease tell me ur the rock :shock:

The Peoples Champ
07-06-2006, 06:46 PM
i can be whateve ru want me to be.

GermanSaint
07-06-2006, 06:51 PM
i can remember my request and i have to say yes . it was hard for me

Vince Lombardi
07-06-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm working on a set of avatars. 8)

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 08:12 PM
im on carolina

o btw i made the sigs in the 1st post if anybody was confused...

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 08:13 PM

AWESOME!!!

DHVF
07-06-2006, 08:19 PM
I'll do the NFC's Black and Blue division.

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 08:22 PM

please enlighten the stupid :oops:

DHVF
07-06-2006, 08:31 PM

please enlighten the stupid :oops:NFC North aka The Norris Division aka The Black and Blue Division.

jkpigskin
07-06-2006, 08:34 PM

please enlighten the stupid :oops:NFC North aka The Norris Division aka The Black and Blue Division.

o ok.... im gonna do the rest of the afc north and west

draftguru151
07-06-2006, 08:48 PM
I think this is a great idea to get new people to stay around and be productive posters.

They look really nice too.

And no one will pass Toonster unless Keak comes back. Even he said he will never pass Toonster. You would have to be at like 50 posts a day, and thats if he doesn't post at all.

Dr. Strangelove
07-06-2006, 09:10 PM
I think this is a great idea to get new people to stay around and be productive posters.

And no one will pass Toonster unless Keak comes back. Even he said he will never pass Toonster. You would have to be at like 50 posts a day, and thats if he doesn't post at all.

There are people here with 50 posts per day.

FlutiesDropKick
07-06-2006, 09:12 PM

but can they keep it up.....FOREVER :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

steelersfan43
07-06-2006, 09:20 PM

i had like 90 a day till 500 but then i went down alot

FlutiesDropKick
07-06-2006, 09:31 PM

thats because u had 250 on the first 2 days which only count as 1 day

draftguru151
07-06-2006, 11:06 PM

They won't. They will fade out enventually. I'm getting like 80-100 a day nowadays. It says like 12ish, but I didn't post very often last year. I was at like 2800 at the beginning of June.

The fact is, whoever gets close to Toonster, will be banned. It doesn't really matter because no one will get close though.

FlutiesDropKick
07-06-2006, 11:10 PM

They won't. They will fade out enventually. I'm getting like 80-100 a day nowadays. It says like 12ish, but I didn't post very often last year. I was at like 2800 at the beginning of June.

The fact is, whoever gets close to Toonster, will be banned. It doesn't really matter because no one will get close though.

yeah similar thing here, was at 1600 about a week ago then my gf went on vacation and my count jumped. shes back now so my run on toonster will have to wait 8)

steelersfan43
07-06-2006, 11:14 PM

why would they be banned for geting close?

elway777
07-06-2006, 11:16 PM

that used to be me,when i didnt have a life

draftguru151
07-06-2006, 11:24 PM

why would they be banned for geting close?

It was a joke, but definately something I would suggest if is happened.

Funny thing, Keak was on pace to catch Toonster by the day of the draft, and he starting posting like a quarter of what he normally did, mainly out of respect, because toonster is a god.

HawkeyeFan
07-07-2006, 03:42 AM
Yea. Then they won't register just for a sig.

CGF 216/137
07-07-2006, 04:33 AM

thats because u had 250 on the first 2 days which only count as 1 day

no that was newt.

stephenson86
07-07-2006, 04:38 AM

im near there :P

Eaglez.Fan
07-07-2006, 11:37 AM
JetsFan3 had 100 ppd for a couple weeks. He could've past toonster in a month or two. But he said he'll be back next year come draft time so lets see if he keeps up his pace.

art vandelay
07-07-2006, 11:39 AM

im near there :P

Yeah but all your posts are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vince Lombardi
07-07-2006, 07:29 PM

AWESOME!!!

Here they are: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=835173#835173

How are the sigs coming?

jkpigskin
07-07-2006, 08:04 PM

AWESOME!!!

Here they are: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=835173#835173

How are the sigs coming?

ok... stephenson and DHVF said they would help... i hope to have them done by tomorow.... btw stephenson.... you never emailed me the sigs....

CGF 216/137
07-07-2006, 08:08 PM
JetsFan3 had 100 ppd for a couple weeks. He could've past toonster in a month or two. But he said he'll be back next year come draft time so lets see if he keeps up his pace.

he had 80+ ppd til we got him to leave. He'd run home just to get more posts in.

jkpigskin
07-08-2006, 08:13 AM
im moving on to the afc east...

hey DHVF, how is yours going?

Kirk
07-08-2006, 08:22 AM

Have you done the AFC West yet?

jkpigskin
07-08-2006, 08:24 AM

Have you done the AFC West yet?

i have... hopefully ill post it up by later today

Vince Lombardi
07-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Just so you guys know, we're not going to get a permanent stickied thread for any of this stuff. I asked xio to sticky my avatar collection thread and he did, but he said only for a week, so I had to post them all in the sig request thread so they won't get deleted atleast. It sucks because they're just gonna get buried and lost in that thread, but I guess it'll have to do.

EDIT: Well, he just pm'd me again and said that when the sigs are done he might put everything in one thread and keep it stickied. :)

jkpigskin
07-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Just so you guys know, we're not going to get a permanent stickied thread for any of this stuff. I asked xio to sticky my avatar collection thread and he did, but he said only for a week, so I had to post them all in the sig request thread so they won't get deleted atleast. It is not good because they're just gonna get buried and lost in that thread, but I guess it'll have to do.

EDIT: Well, he just pm'd me again and said that when the sigs are done he might put everything in one thread and keep it stickied. :)

awesome... i better continue working on them

Xiomera
07-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I have moved the NFLDC avatars to the Welcome Forum. I will put the sigs in there as well when they are finished. This way they will not be deleted.

draftguru151
07-08-2006, 11:38 AM
I have moved the NFLDC avatars to the Welcome Forum. I will put the sigs in there as well when they are finished. This way they will not be deleted.

Thanks for stealing all the credit :wink:

jkpigskin
07-08-2006, 07:59 PM
who should i put in the 49ers sig.... i would put vernon but there are no pics of him in pads.... suggestions?

Ravens1991
07-08-2006, 08:01 PM
maybe Alex Smith or Larry Allen.

Scotty D
07-08-2006, 08:02 PM
who should i put in the 49ers sig.... i would put vernon but there are no pics of him in pads.... suggestions?

Mike Nolan

elway777
07-08-2006, 08:36 PM

Derek Smith or tony parrish

draftguru151
07-08-2006, 08:44 PM
I'd go with Alex Smith.

jkpigskin
07-08-2006, 08:47 PM
I'd go with Alex Smith.

thats who i went with...

5 sigs togo!!!!!