PDA

View Full Version : Draft ?s

morknolle
04-08-2007, 06:40 PM
I am working on a mock draft and got stuck at your guy's pick. I see a lot of mocks giving you guys Michael Griffin or Lawrence Timmons, but in my current mock they are both gone at your pick, so any ideas where else to turn?

In my opinion the guys remaining that would be of the most interest to your team would be Brandon Meriweather, Anthony Spencer, and Robert Meachem. Meriweather IMO isn't a reach talent-wise here and could end up being a very nice replacement for Dawkins, and could play some nickel CB for now as well, however with his off-field history he may be considered a bit of a risk here.

Spencer would be a decent DE, although with Jevon Kearse, Darren Howard, Trent Cole, and Jerome McDougle on the roster I don't know that you would need a 1st round DE.

I know you guys don't usually take WRs very high, but your WR core is somewhat lacking in proven talent and Meachem at #26 would be a tempting pick value-wise.

Beason and Posluszny are also available and I've seen several mocks give you guys Posluszny. I don't think your LB core is overly weak, you have some solid older players (Spikes, Trotter) and some young potential (Gocong, Gaither), and in my past mocks you guys wern't fond of me giving you a LB.

There are also a couple OLinemen available (Grubbs, Kalil, Blalock, and Staley) although I don't think that is a concern of yours at all. My current inclination is to go with Meriweather or maybe Posluszny, do you guys have any other suggestions/recommendations?

cunningham06
04-08-2007, 07:18 PM
O-line we are set. That is a difficult situation, if this were to happen on draft day we would most likely trade down.

I would probably take Merriweather in this situation, but I doubt the Eagles would go in that direction.

Go_Eagles77
04-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Simple. Give whoever you gave Griffin Meriweather and give us Griffin. :)

jonbrodo17
04-08-2007, 07:44 PM
is Cris Houstan or Aaron Ross there?

morknolle
04-08-2007, 08:19 PM
is Cris Houstan or Aaron Ross there?

No, both of them are barely gone. I thought about leaving Griffin to make your pick more simple, but at the same time the Patriots could really use a young talented SS and if they stay at #24 I think they grab him first over one of the LBs since you guys are more likely to take Griffin.

cunningham06
04-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Damn Patriots if they screw us in the draft and take Griffin I'm going to be super pissed.

LitoSheppard
04-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Meriwether and if he went Buster Davis

Go_Eagles77
04-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Meriwether and if he went Buster Davis

I don't think we'll draft Buster Davis Rd.1. He's a late 2nd to mid 3rd prospect imo. I know you like him but I think if we do go MLB rd. 1 and Willis is gone as expected it'd be David Harris because he is more of a early to mid 2nd rounder. However I don't view LB as as much of a need as some other positions.

1.S
2.CB
3.TE
4.DL
5.LB

brat316
04-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Draft a DE anyways or TE if Olsen is there cant pass up the BPA you could go Beason.

eaglesalltheway
04-15-2007, 09:53 AM
I would just take Poz, we will need a guy who can play either WILL or MIKE when Trotter retires.

cunningham06
04-15-2007, 10:15 PM
I don't think we'll draft Buster Davis Rd.1. He's a late 2nd to mid 3rd prospect imo. I know you like him but I think if we do go MLB rd. 1 and Willis is gone as expected it'd be David Harris because he is more of a early to mid 2nd rounder. However I don't view LB as as much of a need as some other positions.

1.S
2.CB
3.TE
4.DL
5.LB

I agree, I really like Davis, but anything more than a late second round pick for him is a reach.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2007, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't want Harris in the second either, I am just not a big fan of his.