PDA

View Full Version : Draft ?s

morknolle
04-08-2007, 07:02 PM
I am putting together a mock draft and am a little stuck on what to do with your 29th pick. You guys have an enviable luxury of basically being able to just take the BPA since you don't have any glaring needs. According to my mock as it stands now, these guys are available that I think you might be looking at:
Robert Meachem/Ted Ginn (WR isn't a strength of your team although it's not too bad either, but Meachem or Ginn at #29 could be a tempting pick to team with Clayton and Mason).
Ben Grubbs/Arron Sears/Joe Staley/Justin Blalock (OT is the biggest need on your OLine, but I'm not sold on Staley being exactly the type of lineman you'd be looking for, but at the same time he could have a year or two to get stronger and adjust to the pro game before you really need him to play. Grubbs is the best interior OLineman in the draft IMO and the best OLineman available, although I think he's only an OG so that might reduce his value to you guys. Blalock and Sears have each played OG and OT in the past, and while I don't think they're as good as Grubbs their versatiliy may give them the nod).
Anthony Spencer (could likely play DE in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4 and would be a versatile option to add to your defense, I think he's pretty similar to what Adalius Thomas was for you guys.

Any other options that you guys can think of and/or who do you think your team would take among these available players.

ChewyRaven318
04-08-2007, 10:40 PM
You should add CB to the list, as Rolle was pretty bad last season, and we're going to be looking to groom a replacement at some point(Hopefully the draft).

Other than that, you're spot on, even if you're not stating anything that hasn't already been said by the media/experts about our needs.

go_ravens94
04-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Staley would be the pick.

ccB
04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
If Ted Ginn is there for us I say we take him!

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 02:29 PM
You should add CB to the list, as Rolle was pretty bad last season, and we're going to be looking to groom a replacement at some point(Hopefully the draft).

Other than that, you're spot on, even if you're not stating anything that hasn't already been said by the media/experts about our needs.

Rolle wasn't as bad as you think considering alot of the times he got burned was blown coverages and not always him so don't be so quick with the hook as it were. Besides we have David Pittman that will be getting a lot more playing time considering he was our 3rd round pick last year, how quick people seem to forget. The only possible need we have is offensive tackle so that would likely be the destination in the first round but if Meachem is there you pull the trigger.

ChewyRaven318
04-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Rolle wasn't as bad as you think considering alot of the times he got burned was blown coverages and not always him so don't be so quick with the hook as it were. Besides we have David Pittman that will be getting a lot more playing time considering he was our 3rd round pick last year, how quick people seem to forget. The only possible need we have is offensive tackle so that would likely be the destination in the first round but if Meachem is there you pull the trigger.

Rolle is 31, if he's getting burned badly on blown coverages that tells you something. Maybe that's ok if you're in the Nickel position, but if you're an aging veteran and you're losing a step, then it's time for you to either step up or step down. I think even if Rolle starts(he will, as the FO has made clear), it's time to groom a top caliber replacement, and something tells me Pittman(who, no, I haven't forgotten about) or Ivy won't be it. But maybe we'll wait until next year to make the judgement on him. It wouldn't exactly hurt our depth either.

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 02:40 PM
We have 8 CB's on the roster as of right now, so depth isn't really an issue not to mention they are on the roster for a reason.

ChewyRaven318
04-09-2007, 02:43 PM
uh..yeah. That was my point.

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 02:53 PM
uh..yeah. That was my point.

What point exactly? We have 8 CB's so we have depth and are ok or we have 8 CB's and have no depth which is your point?

SeanTaylorRIP
04-09-2007, 02:59 PM
We have 8 CB's on the roster as of right now, so depth isn't really an issue not to mention they are on the roster for a reason.

Depth not an issue but future solid starter that I honestly couldn't say we really have. We have nice young talent but I am not crazy about any of them as future all-pro material.

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Depth not an issue but future solid starter that I honestly couldn't say we really have. We have nice young talent but I am not crazy about any of them as future all-pro material.

I want to see Pittman on the field before I make that determination. I mean it made sense for him to sit last year since we were solid in the secondary for the most part, but they took him for a reason and I want to see him in training camp before I say we have no future starter in Pittman.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I just think the depth on CB's is crazy this year we would be foolish not to take a CB in round 2 or 3 as we could get a first round talent type corner in any other draft late day 1, I mean look a guy like Kelly Jennings went first round last year, if he were in this draft probably a 3rd rounder.

America
04-09-2007, 08:45 PM
I dunno, we have needs otherwhere. I really wish we'd trade out of our round 1 spot and pick up a 3rd rounder.

BigDawg819
04-10-2007, 01:00 PM
If we go Corner early say in the 1st, its gotta be Marcus McCauley. He projects well into the NFL and could be a good one for a long time.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-10-2007, 02:18 PM
If we go Corner early say in the 1st, its gotta be Marcus McCauley. He projects well into the NFL and could be a good one for a long time.

I would never do that he deserves to be a 2nd-3rd rounder and based on his play last year he really should go day 2 because he was plain horrid. He however will go day 1 because of physical tools and that scary word "potential" but no way would I take him round 1 with all of the CB depth.