PDA

View Full Version : Caddy Williams or Adrian Peterson

Big Mike
04-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm not a Bucs fan but I found this rumor intriguing.

ARGUE!!!!!!!!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/04/08/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

-black
04-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I LOVE Caddy, great dude, and truly is an example of a Buc. I would do this if we drafted Adrian Peterson

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/turkblack/cry.gif

Caddy
04-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I LOVE Caddy, great dude, and truly is an example of a Buc. I would do this if we drafted Adrian Peterson

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/turkblack/cry.gif

You would trade him for an unknown pick and an unknown player? For all we know it could be a 7th rounder and Craig Nall.

As far as the Caddy in a wheel chair rumor goes, I think it is pure fabrication. Everybody who is anybody within the Bucs organisation has denied it and I don't think the Bucs are going after AD at all.

But in saying that, if we could get say a 1st rounder for Caddy and get AD, it would be a whole lot harder to say no.

-black
04-08-2007, 08:08 PM
You would trade him for an unknown pick and an unknown player? For all we know it could be a 7th rounder and Craig Nall.

As far as the Caddy in a wheel chair rumor goes, I think it is pure fabrication. Everybody who is anybody within the Bucs organisation has denied it and I don't think the Bucs are going after AD at all.

But in saying that, if we could get say a 1st rounder for Caddy and get AD, it would be a whole lot harder to say no.

WHO SAID I WOULD TRADE CADDY? I think i made it clear that i would CRY if we drafted AD. So NO i would not draft AD or trade Caddy. We really gotta work on your humor recognition lol

Caddy
04-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Explain how you made it clear you would cry. All you said was that you would do it (The trade in the link) if we drafted AD.

-black
04-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Explain how you made it clear you would cry. All you said was that you would do it (The trade in the link) if we drafted AD.

um, I said I would do this (not it), and then on comes a gif with a bunch of people crying.....

Chucky
04-09-2007, 12:04 AM

Maybe if it was like Buffalos first rounder, but i still wouldnt want it to happen

Phrost
04-09-2007, 01:14 AM
I would only take Peterson if CJ was off the board. If Thomas and Peterson were both on the board, I would trade down one spot with Arizona, let them take Thomas, then draft Peterson, then trade Caddy for a first rounder maybe Buffalo's.

etk
04-09-2007, 01:20 AM
I would only take Peterson if CJ was off the board. If Thomas and Peterson were both on the board, I would trade down one spot with Arizona, let them take Thomas, then draft Peterson, then trade Caddy for a first rounder maybe Buffalo's.

Man that's a sick plan, I would love that. Cadillac is a solid starter right now, and this is similar to the Simms situation because he played well 2 years ago and struggled last year. There's also the factor of injuries. I see Peterson as a major upgrade over Cadillac, so for the right price this would be a terrific trade and plan.

Let's say CJ is off the board and we plan on drafting Okoye. Instead, we trade Caddy for a 2nd or maybe a 1st. In turn we get AD & another pick to add youth to our defense. I'd take that over Caddy & Okoye, but it's very close.

Phrost
04-09-2007, 01:41 AM
Nice nice, So are you a Gruden fan? I am trying to identify all the Bucs peeps on this board.

Three Step Drop
04-09-2007, 03:48 AM
AP certainly has great potential but his downside could be his durability, the same could be said for Caddy.

As we have seen teams are more reliant on a 1-2 punch at RB with pairings such as Addai/Rhodes, Barber/Jones and Jones/Benson

How would a backfield of Peterson and Williams look. It may also help both players in staying fit, Caddy is used to having a partner RB from his time at Auburn and it may help Peterson get less injury prone.

If (and I cant see us doing it at the moment) we drafted AP i'd like us to keep him.

-black
04-09-2007, 05:10 AM
how anyone would want to trade our franchise RB, top 5 pick, and ROTY from 2 years ago baffles me. The instance AD got his first injury we would feel really stupid. This is not Madden, so it wont happen. And even if it did, it would be absolutely rediculous

Caddy
04-09-2007, 08:32 AM
A two back field with Peterson and Caddy? Never going to happen.

etk
04-09-2007, 11:38 AM
A two back field with Peterson and Caddy? Never going to happen.

I agree, we don't have that luxury.

Merlin
04-09-2007, 01:26 PM
I really hate the idea of us picking Peterson........period!

I see no real value in trading Caddy, especially for a injury prone rookie, if your looking for a 1-2 punch ala Addai/Rhodes, find a RB who can catch in a lower rounds, someone like Arizona's 6'1 - 235lb Chris Henry.

etk
04-09-2007, 01:30 PM
I really hate the idea of us picking Peterson........period!

I see no real value in trading Caddy, especially for a injury prone rookie, if your looking for a 1-2 punch ala Addai/Rhodes, find a RB who can catch in a lower rounds, someone like Arizona's 6'1 - 235lb Chris Henry.

Chris Henry is not the right fit opposite Cadillac. I would like to see us take Darius Walker. Top-notch analysis on your dislike of Peterson. I figured you would love to have him: Great college production, but not really a true need above other positions. Too bad he doesn't fade away in big games.

-black
04-09-2007, 02:33 PM
If we got an extra 3rd rounder I would love to pick up Lorenzo Booker

Tampa 2 4 life
04-09-2007, 05:04 PM
I think Cadillac is more of Sure thing than Peterson, and truthfully I think we'd value cadillac more than anyone would pay. I would see us asking for a 2nd rounder and a decent to good young defensive player/Center. As for looking for a back in the draft, I wouldn't mind drafting Tony Hunt to be the replacement for Alstott.

etk
04-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I think Cadillac is more of Sure thing than Peterson, and truthfully I think we'd value cadillac more than anyone would pay. I would see us asking for a 2nd rounder and a decent to good young defensive player/Center. As for looking for a back in the draft, I wouldn't mind drafting Tony Hunt to be the replacement for Alstott.

Cadillac more of a sure thing? C'mon please....

In 28 games he has a whopping YPC of 3.8, and a grand total of 7 TDs. Once again, he has a grand total of 1.79 catches per game.

Those are just stats, he's even less dependable when you consider his injury history. The problem is that both Cadillac and Peterson are upright slashers, and thus they are both more prone to injury and probably will continue to have problems in that department.

I don't think we value Cadillac that highly anymore because of his injuries and lack of an impact in the passing game. I'm sure Gruden would love a guy like Marshawn Lynch over Cadillac, as well as AD. They are both very productive and great receivers.

Tampa 2 4 life
04-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Cadillac more of a sure thing? C'mon please....

In 28 games he has a whopping YPC of 3.8, and a grand total of 7 TDs. Once again, he has a grand total of 1.79 catches per game.

Those are just stats, he's even less dependable when you consider his injury history. The problem is that both Cadillac and Peterson are upright slashers, and thus they are both more prone to injury and probably will continue to have problems in that department.

I don't think we value Cadillac that highly anymore because of his injuries and lack of an impact in the passing game. I'm sure Gruden would love a guy like Marshawn Lynch over Cadillac, as well as AD. They are both very productive and great receivers.

Cadillac has been productive in the league, has had less major injuries than peterson, although he still is very injury prone. I think that makes him a bit more of a sure thing. Truthfully I wouldn't mind picking up a running back, but I just think Gruden won't give up on him so easily. Remember Gruden had Garner in Oakland who was virtually the same style runner.

etk
04-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Cadillac has been productive in the league, has had less major injuries than peterson, although he still is very injury prone. I think that makes him a bit more of a sure thing. Truthfully I wouldn't mind picking up a running back, but I just think Gruden won't give up on him so easily. Remember Gruden had Garner in Oakland who was virtually the same style runner.

I agree, Cadillac will be given another chance, just like Simms.

Caddy
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I agree, Cadillac will be given another chance, just like Simms.

lol..Keeping up the faith in Simms I see..

I think a 3.8 YPC average is decent for Caddy when you consider what he has to run behind. The O-line has been steadily improving and if Caddy can rid himself of injury concers there is no reason why he shouldn't run at a 4.5 YPC average or higher.

etk
04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
lol..Keeping up the faith in Simms I see..

I think a 3.8 YPC average is decent for Caddy when you consider what he has to run behind. The O-line has been steadily improving and if Caddy can rid himself of injury concers there is no reason why he shouldn't run at a 4.5 YPC average or higher.

Exactly, with our OLine improving and the possibility of adding CJ, there's no reason why Simms shouldn't have at least 20 TD passes with a rating above 85! The only reason I can think of is if our coaches want to be mediocre and start Garcia, who will not have the same success in our difficult offense with less weapons than Philadelphia.

-black
04-09-2007, 07:05 PM
why are you compairing a player who we took in the top 5, made our franchise runner, and ROTY to Chris Simms....a QB who barely was a 1st day pick? We had a rookie QB along with 2 rookie OL. Teams stacked the box and DARED us to throw, which we could not do. Yet still, we expected Caddy to rush for 200 yards, averaging 7.5 YCP and score 4 TD's a game. We have some pretty impatient and unrealistic fans. I guess the ones who had to endure the tough seasons know how to endure.

etk
04-09-2007, 07:09 PM
why are you compairing a player who we took in the top 5, made our franchise runner, and ROTY to Chris Simms....a QB who barely was a 1st day pick? We had a rookie QB along with 2 rookie OL. Teams stacked the box and DARED us to throw, which we could not do. Yet still, we expected Caddy to rush for 200 yards, averaging 7.5 YCP and score 4 TD's a game. We have some pretty impatient and unrealistic fans. I guess the ones who had to endure the tough seasons know how to endure, instead of getting rid of people every year

Dear God, thank you -black. I didn't endure the tough seasons, but I can understand how pissed you get when some of these guys call for everyones' head after one disappointing season. Sorry guys, but not all of our players will be perfect, that's just how sports works! Sometimes you have to stick with what you got.....

Tampa 2 4 life
04-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Dear God, thank you -black. I didn't endure the tough seasons, but I can understand how pissed you get when some of these guys call for everyones' head after one disappointing season. [b]Sorry guys, but not all of our players will be perfect, that's just how sports works! Sometimes you have to stick with what you got.....[b]
Quoted for truthiness.

Merlin
04-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Chris Henry is not the right fit opposite Cadillac. I would like to see us take Darius Walker. Top-notch analysis on your dislike of Peterson. I figured you would love to have him: Great college production, but not really a true need above other positions. Too bad he doesn't fade away in big games.Not the right fit?...please elaborate.

IMO, he'd be a perfect fit, though I doubt he'll be available on the second day, and as we all know, RB is not a first day need, if at all!

Merlin
04-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Dear God, thank you -black. I didn't endure the tough seasons, but I can understand how pissed you get when some of these guys call for everyones' head after one disappointing season. Sorry guys, but not all of our players will be perfect, that's just how sports works! Sometimes you have to stick with what you got.....Yeh.....and some times you don't. (Simms...lols)

Beans
04-10-2007, 08:36 AM
It is waaaay to early to give up on Caddy. However, I could definitely see us draft someone like Brian Leonard, or some late-rounder who can take some carries from Cadillac, so we can employ more of a two-back system. It's really a necessity in football now, all the best teams last year had more then one RB. (Colts- Addai/Rhodes, Bears- Jones/Benson, Saints- Bush/McCallister, Patriots- Maroney/Dillon)

-black
04-10-2007, 11:40 AM
It is waaaay to early to give up on Caddy. However, I could definitely see us draft someone like Brian Leonard, or some late-rounder who can take some carries from Cadillac, so we can employ more of a two-back system. It's really a necessity in football now, all the best teams last year had more then one RB. (Colts- Addai/Rhodes, Bears- Jones/Benson, Saints- Bush/McCallister, Patriots- Maroney/Dillon)

and basically all of them are gone......

Booger
04-10-2007, 02:16 PM
It's really a necessity in football now, all the best teams last year had more then one RB. (Colts- Addai/Rhodes, Bears- Jones/Benson, Saints- Bush/McCallister, Patriots- Maroney/Dillon)

All of those RB tandems that you mention (except the Saints) involve a young player evolving into the starting role. As was mentioned, Rhodes, Jones, and Dillon are all gone now, paving the way for the younger RB to take over the bulk of the load.

You need more than 1 RB to carry the football in a game, but in my opinion, 5-10 carries could be adequately split between Pittman, Alstott, and Askew.

Beans
04-10-2007, 03:02 PM
All of those RB tandems that you mention (except the Saints) involve a young player evolving into the starting role. As was mentioned, Rhodes, Jones, and Dillon are all gone now, paving the way for the younger RB to take over the bulk of the load.

You need more than 1 RB to carry the football in a game, but in my opinion, 5-10 carries could be adequately split between Pittman, Alstott, and Askew.

The point is not that they are gone, the point is that the 2-back system helped bring all four of those teams to the Championship games.

etk
04-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Not the right fit?...please elaborate.

IMO, he'd be a perfect fit, though I doubt he'll be available on the second day, and as we all know, RB is not a first day need, if at all!

Once you look past his combine numbers, he is not a desirable prospect. He couldn't get playing time on a lousy Pac-10 team, and when he did get minutes he did nothing.

Career rush avg.=3.37! In your words, lols!

We need a productive proven receiver as a compliment to Cadillac. Darius Walker. He has 109 receptions in little over 2 years, compared to Henrys whopping career total of 25.

ks_perfection
04-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Once you look past his combine numbers, he is not a desirable prospect. He couldn't get playing time on a lousy Pac-10 team, and when he did get minutes he did nothing.

We need a productive proven receiver as a compliment to Cadillac. Darius Walker. He has 109 receptions in little over 2 years, compared to Henrys whopping career total of 25.

I agree with etk, the guy had great combine statistics but his college play was beyond awful. He doens't have any draft value, undrafted free-agent is all he should be.

Getting a backup running back would be good but we shouldn't use a day 1 pick, cant pass on a player that could potentially be a starter for a backup. Using a 5-7 round pick on Walker would do the job.

Booger
04-10-2007, 05:10 PM
The point is not that they are gone, the point is that the 2-back system helped bring all four of those teams to the Championship games.

Fair comment on the success these teams had with two solid RBs.

But the situation that each team had involved an aging runner (Jones, Dillon, Rhodes) that the team spent a high draft pick to eventually replace.

My point was that we currently have our recent high draft pick as our feature runner.

Beans
04-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Fair comment on the success these teams had with two solid RBs.

But the situation that each team had involved an aging runner (Jones, Dillon, Rhodes) that the team spent a high draft pick to eventually replace.

My point was that we currently have our recent high draft pick as our feature runner.

Exactly. But I'd rather have another runner to take away carries and rest Cadillac than wear him out as a full-time feature back.

-black
04-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Exactly. But I'd rather have another runner to take away carries and rest Cadillac than wear him out as a full-time feature back.

and u'd do that with a 1st round pick?

etk
04-10-2007, 08:33 PM

Correction: Top 10 pick!

Beans
04-10-2007, 08:53 PM

No, with a second rounder (Leonard) or late-rounder.

-black
04-10-2007, 09:21 PM
NJ Homer lol

Tampa 2 4 life
04-10-2007, 10:14 PM
If Leonard can be convinced to put weight back on and become a FB, I'd have no problem drafting him.

etk
04-10-2007, 10:16 PM
If Leonard can be convinced to put weight back on and become a FB, I'd have no problem drafting him.

That's the opposite of what I would want. I don't want him regardless, so who cares?

Caddy
04-11-2007, 01:35 AM

Either would I.. On day 2 that is

Merlin
04-11-2007, 06:53 AM

We need a productive proven receiver as a compliment to Cadillac. Darius Walker. He has 109 receptions in little over 2 years, compared to Henrys whopping career total of 25.I'm sure Walker will do a solid job as a 3rd down RB for someone in the NFL, but IMO, he has very little upside, what you see is what you get, which in his case, isn't a bad thing, but with a little patience and good coaching, Henry could be so much more than a 3rd down back.

Henry had to sit behind the Broncos Mike Bell and several underclassmen last year before taking over at midseason. Production was not impressive early in '06 as the Wildcats started 3 freshman and 2 sophomores along the offensive front.

He is 6-0, 235, and still runs a legit 4.4 40 time, he is a physical specimen, who appears to have no problem picking up the blitz, and if nothing else will be a very good 3rd down back in the NFL, though IMO he has a ton of upside, which hopefully someone will tap into, he's a downhill runner, and can use his size to carry defenders for the extra 2-3 yards, he also provided a solid pair of hands for QB Willie Tuitama coming out of the backfield.

As for his combine numbers he finished in the top 5 of all RB's for his 40 time(4.4), broad jump(10'7" ), 3 cone drill(6.96), and vertical leap(36").

On the downside, he is obviously inexperienced, though even that could have an upside for his NFL career, it's not like he's had a lot of physical abuse, which in turn could prolong his time in the pro's.

KS, as for not having any draft value, let's wait and see, IMO he won't drop past Rd4.

etk
04-11-2007, 07:10 AM
He probably won't drop past Round 4, but I still think he will have a short career with little production.

Caddy
04-11-2007, 07:24 AM
It doesn't matter how good your measurables are if you can't play football. The guy lacks vision and awareness and is less than satisfactory in the receiving department.

Merlin
04-11-2007, 08:56 AM
It doesn't matter how good your measurables are if you can't play football. The guy lacks vision and awareness and is less than satisfactory in the receiving department.Well, I guess this is one player we'll all be keeping an eye on.

Caddy
04-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Well, I guess this is one player we'll all be keeping an eye on.

Unless someone prolific drops, I would rather just stick with Pittman as our 3rd down back.

Merlin
04-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Unless someone prolific drops, I would rather just stick with Pittman as our 3rd down back.Don't get me wrong, as I already pointed out, I'm not sure if a RB is even on our shopping list, I was simply making a case for Henry.

Caddy
04-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Don't get me wrong, as I already pointed out, I'm not sure if a RB is even on our shopping list, I was simply making a case for Henry.

Fair enough, and with measurables like that he deserves a chance, just not one in Tampa.

-black
04-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Lorenzo Booker in the 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if we trade down and get another 3rd round pick)

etk
04-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Fair enough, and with measurables like that he deserves a chance, just not one in Tampa.

Precisely, if I was a team like New York (Giants), I would get him before anyone else can.

-black
04-11-2007, 02:40 PM
........nvmind

etk
04-11-2007, 02:41 PM
how do you get your sig to show?

What? You go to User CP, type in your sig and submit it....

You should go request a nice Bucs sig in the request thread :)

Merlin
04-12-2007, 04:20 AM
Here's the thing?

In what Rd do you see Darius Walker being taken?

In what Rd do you see Chris Henry being taken?

Do we even need a RB, if so, who?, and in what Rd?

Caddy
04-12-2007, 05:23 AM
Here's the thing?

In what Rd do you see Darius Walker being taken?

In what Rd do you see Chris Henry being taken?

Do we even need a RB, if so, who?, and in what Rd?

Like I have said before, unless somebody who brings something great to the table drops, we do not need a RB.

Merlin
04-13-2007, 05:13 AM
Like I have said before, unless somebody who brings something great to the table drops, we do not need a RB.Ok, how about the rounds for Walker/Henry?

Caddy
04-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Ok, how about the rounds for Walker/Henry?

Both are mid round prospects and that is probably where they go. I would consider taking a running back like Walker in the 5th round where no prospect is really more or less of a sure thing. I just couldn't justify a RB in the 1-4 rounds due to the value of our picks. Henry I wouldn't touch at all until the 7th.

Merlin
04-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Both are mid round prospects and that is probably where they go. I would consider taking a running back like Walker in the 5th round where no prospect is really more or less of a sure thing. I just couldn't justify a RB in the 1-4 rounds due to the value of our picks. Henry I wouldn't touch at all until the 7th.Wow!?!...well if he's still their in the 7th, we better bloody pick him.

I think Henry will go before Walker.

Caddy
04-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Wow!?!...well if he's still their in the 7th, we better bloody pick him.

Yeh Henry will go before Walker based on potential alone. I simply wouldn't take him because he has proved nothing on the field, other people view him differently and might even reach on him in the latter parts of round 3.

etk
04-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Wow!?!...well if he's still their in the 7th, we better bloody pick him.

Henry will go in the 3rd, plenty of teams have the luxury of taking that risk. If Clarett went in the 3rd, anyone can......

-black
04-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Henry wont go in the 3rd and he wont go before Walker.

scouts/gm's take gambles but they arent stupid. No one will spend a day one pick on him. Simply because of his lack of prodcution AND the quantity of 3rd round RB prospects in the draft already (Booker, Walker, Irons, Pittman, Hunt, Jacobs). I think he could go 5th, or a very late 4th. But im more than sure Walker will go before him because he is alot better value for any team

etk
04-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Henry wont go in the 3rd and he wont go before Walker.

scouts/gm's take gambles but they arent stupid. No one will spend a day one pick on him. Simply because of his lack of prodcution AND the quantity of 3rd round RB prospects in the draft already (Booker, Walker, Irons, Pittman, Hunt, Jacobs). I think he could go 5th, or a very late 4th. But im more than sure Walker will go before him because he is alot better value for any team

I'll hold you to that bet, the draft is only in 2 weeks. Henry was simply dominant at the combine, and 32 teams won't overlook that. All it takes is one team.....

Phrost
04-14-2007, 11:28 PM
I will say it again, we would only take Adrian Peterson if we traded Carnell Williams. If we didn't trade Carnell but took Adrian, Carnell would be traded later on draft day or soon after. Just don't be surprised to see us take a guy like Tony Hunt in the 4th and don't trade Williams instead.

Phrost
06-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Anyone still wish we would have taken Brian Westbrook? Gods gift to the WCO.

Caddy
06-15-2007, 02:13 AM
Sure, but what the hell does that have to do with this thread?

StaticGator
06-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Anyone still wish we would have taken Brian Westbrook? Gods gift to the WCO.

Instead of Marquis Walker? No way.

etk
06-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Big Mike has been inactive for almost 2 months and he still has over 20 posts per day, lol.

Phrost
06-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Big Mike has been inactive for almost 2 months and he still has over 20 posts per day, lol.

I noticed that LOL. He had 50 a day at one point right?

Fresh
06-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Adrian Peterson hands down

Phrost
06-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Adrian Peterson hands down

Simple as that. Hey I posted a Gaines Adams sig in that thread if you want it.

ks_perfection
06-22-2007, 12:15 AM
AP. Although he has played well at times he hasn't dominated like you'd expect from a top 5 pick. Both players are injory prone and AP playing a longer season against much tougher hitters causes big concerns I'd still pick him though.