PDA

View Full Version : Players you want to see in San Diego

SuperKevin
04-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Steve Smith WR USC
He excels at being a 2nd option and has very deceptive speed and shiftiness. Could make a difference out of the slot or even as the 2nd WR for the Chargers.

David Harris ILB Michigan
Has expereince playing ILB in a 3-4 defense and will instantly make an impact in the middle.

JK17
04-08-2007, 08:28 PM
I like Jason Hill, I'd like to see him in SD. He's probably a mid-late second round guy though, so we would maybe have to move up a little in round two if we were going to get him. I also like Gattis though, the safety from Wake Forrest, and think he could be a good later round guy.

sdpads24
04-08-2007, 08:56 PM
I really don't care who the chargers take in the draft because I know AJ is not stupid and he'll make the right decision. Sitting at the #30 pick, I would like to get either Ginn,Meachem,Jarret,Nelson, or Griffen. Maybe the MLB Willis if he's there. If none of those players are available, I think we should try to trade down.

SuperKevin
04-09-2007, 12:27 AM
I really don't care who the chargers take in the draft because I know AJ is not stupid and he'll make the right decision. Sitting at the #30 pick, I would like to get either Ginn,Meachem,Jarret,Nelson, or Griffen. Maybe the MLB Willis if he's there. If none of those players are available, I think we should try to trade down.

None of those players will be available

JK17
04-09-2007, 09:37 PM
What do you guys think of Merriweather, he will probably be there at our #30 picks assuming no trades. He has the off-the-field issues AJ may be concerned with (See Terrence Kiel) but based off talent he may be a good pick for us.

SuperKevin
04-10-2007, 08:13 AM
What do you guys think of Merriweather, he will probably be there at our #30 picks assuming no trades. He has the off-the-field issues AJ may be concerned with (See Terrence Kiel) but based off talent he may be a good pick for us.

I think his versatility to play both safety positions and CB makes him a great fit in SD

Thunder&Lightning
04-10-2007, 03:31 PM
1.Ginn
2.Nelson
3.Merriweather
4.Meachem
5.Griffin

Green Bay Scat
04-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Merriweather has no real off the field problems, only on the field ones lol

SuperKevin
04-12-2007, 01:51 AM
Merriweather has no real off the field problems, only on the field ones lol

HE SHOT AT SOMEONE

Charger Fanatic
04-12-2007, 04:11 PM
HE SHOT AT SOMEONE

Only in protection of himself and a teamate. Anyway, I would really like to see Eric Weddle in an SD uniform. He really impresses me. Very versitile and a good defender.

JK17
04-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Only in protection of himself and a teamate. Anyway, I would really like to see Eric Weddle in an SD uniform. He really impresses me. Very versitile and a good defender.

Even if it was in protection of himself, legally or not, owning and firing a gun is something AJ Smith will probably think twice about. Not saying it won't mean Merriweather turns out to be a model citizen, but it is some baggage.

Charger Fanatic
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Even if it was in protection of himself, legally or not, owning and firing a gun is something AJ Smith will probably think twice about. Not saying it won't mean Merriweather turns out to be a model citizen, but it is some baggage.

Well yeah. I agree. But I think in this case AJ might look past it. I was just telling SuperKevin that just cause he read that he shot at someone doesn't mean it was without reason.

JK17
04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Well yeah. I agree. But I think in this case AJ might look past it. I was just telling SuperKevin that just cause he read that he shot at someone doesn't mean it was without reason.

I think he might too, but you never know, he might try and prove a point because of Kiel. Originally I didn't want Merriweather, but if Griffin is off the board already, I wouldn't mind him at 30.

sdpads24
04-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I think he might too, but you never know, he might try and prove a point because of Kiel. Originally I didn't want Merriweather, but if Griffin is off the board already, I wouldn't mind him at 30.

Im just gonna put this out there, but what do you guys think about Paul Posluszny? He would be a great value at #30 and there is plenty of S, and WR depth in rounds 2 and 3. Im not saying I want this to happen, just putting it out there.

SuperKevin
04-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Im just gonna put this out there, but what do you guys think about Paul Posluszny? He would be a great value at #30 and there is plenty of S, and WR depth in rounds 2 and 3. Im not saying I want this to happen, just putting it out there.

That would be AMAZING if the Chargers could get Paul Poz. He'd instantly start ai ILB for them.

JK17
04-17-2007, 01:53 PM

I would love for that to happen, but idk, I just don't see poz hitting 30. If he did though I would totally agree on that, there is a lot of depth at S and WR, and poz could be a great player.

bantx
04-18-2007, 07:07 PM
i really want to see griffen but chances are slim =\

KRS1
04-20-2007, 01:30 AM
I think A.J. Smith needs to do WHATEVER it takes to be in a position to grab Reggie Nelson! That guy is the EXACT player we have needed since Rodney Harrison. He tackles he has great hands. I like him a lot better than Landry and it sounds like he would be there around the mid-first. I don't know what if would take but I would be trying hard to swing something if it was up to me.

JK17
04-20-2007, 08:28 AM
I think A.J. Smith needs to do WHATEVER it takes to be in a position to grab Reggie Nelson! That guy is the EXACT player we have needed since Rodney Harrison. He tackles he has great hands. I like him a lot better than Landry and it sounds like he would be there around the mid-first. I don't know what if would take but I would be trying hard to swing something if it was up to me.

I like Nelson too, but better than Landry? not a chance, he's the clear cut number one guy in the draft. Plus I heard, from the link in the thread in I think it was the Draft part of the forum (not sure), that teams are starting to shy away from Nelson due to intelligence issues. I still don't see him getting past Jax but you never know.

KRS1
04-20-2007, 04:13 PM
I like Nelson too, but better than Landry? not a chance, he's the clear cut number one guy in the draft. Plus I heard, from the link in the thread in I think it was the Draft part of the forum (not sure), that teams are starting to shy away from Nelson due to intelligence issues. I still don't see him getting past Jax but you never know.

I am just saying that I like Nelson more than Landry. I'm not saying Landry isn't as good or even the clear cut #1. After seeing some of the picks Nelson made last year and then on top of that seeing the way he lights people up I think he suits the team better. We have coverage issues and Nelson appears to me like the better coverage player. It's pretty obvious that he won't be there at 30 and that's what I was getting at saying A.J. needs to make a move.

JK17
04-20-2007, 07:43 PM
I am just saying that I like Nelson more than Landry. I'm not saying Landry isn't as good or even the clear cut #1. After seeing some of the picks Nelson made last year and then on top of that seeing the way he lights people up I think he suits the team better. We have coverage issues and Nelson appears to me like the better coverage player. It's pretty obvious that he won't be there at 30 and that's what I was getting at saying A.J. needs to make a move.

I want to see Nelson here too, but trading up isn't AJ's MO. Not to mention with all the depth at safety in this draft, a lot of the 2-3 round safeties look like they can be studs. If we trade up, it will be using Turner, not draft picks though. I'd be happy either way, but I don't wanna give up a bunch of picks to get Nelson.

bantx
04-20-2007, 10:32 PM
safty and wr on the first day imo, but i doubt nelson will fall to us, if we get lucky merriweather will be there thats a big IF.

JK17
04-23-2007, 11:27 PM
So if we deal MT, which is still up in the air on draft day, RB is definitely a position we will have to address in rounds 3-5. Assuming we go some combination of S and WR, i'd like to see a guy like Michael Bush in the third, if he is still there. Hopefully he would reach our pick, and we could then use the comp pick in the third to snag a ILB. Any other RBs you guys are interested in seeing?

SDSupaChargers
04-24-2007, 10:21 AM
So if we deal MT, which is still up in the air on draft day, RB is definitely a position we will have to address in rounds 3-5. Assuming we go some combination of S and WR, i'd like to see a guy like Michael Bush in the third, if he is still there. Hopefully he would reach our pick, and we could then use the comp pick in the third to snag a ILB. Any other RBs you guys are interested in seeing?

I'd love to get Kenny Irons in the third. I think he'll probably go in the second but if he lasts I think we should definitely pick him.

SDSupaChargers
04-24-2007, 10:25 AM
As for who I would like to see in a chargers uni

Dreaming:
Landry or Nelson, hopefully we can work something out with Turner to move up and get one of them

Realistically:
Brandon Meriweather or Sidney Rice in the first
Aaron Rouse or Craig Davis/Aundrae Allison in the second
Michael Bush/Kenny Irons in the third

SuperKevin
04-24-2007, 02:21 PM
As for who I would like to see in a chargers uni

Realistically:
Brandon Meriweather or Sidney Rice in the first
Aaron Rouse or Craig Davis/Aundrae Allison in the second
Michael Bush/Kenny Irons in the third

I think we'll need to draft more of a power back than Bush or Irons to help spell LT on short yardage situations

SDSupaChargers
04-24-2007, 04:09 PM
I think we'll need to draft more of a power back than Bush or Irons to help spell LT on short yardage situations

Okay, so maybe that eliminates Bush, but I still thing Irons would be a good fit. He breaks a lot of tackles, but a lot of people are worried about his being able to carry a full load because of his size. That means he could be a great back up RB that we could actually keep.

On a side note, I forgot to mention Michael Johnson as another player that I would love to see in a chargers uni. I was just watching some film of him today, and I really think he could develop into a star.

JK17
04-24-2007, 08:56 PM
They just talked about him a little bit on NFLN, I'm starting to like this guy more and more as we approach the draft. I used to want Safety round one, but my ideal draft situation is switching to something that looks a little more like Meachem/Ginn/Bowe in round one, with Weddle sometime in the second, he looks like he can be a stud, not to mention how versatile he is....what do you guys think about him

KRS1
04-25-2007, 09:44 AM
A guy I have been looking at at RB if Turner leaves is Desean Wynn of Florida. That guy is built like Turner and although he doesn't have a great career to lean on he looks to be a solid guy that could learn behind one of the greatest. I also like the pure athleticism of Chris Henry from Arizona but I don't think he will be there in the 4th round and that's when I see A.J. addressing the position.

SDSupaChargers
04-25-2007, 11:00 AM
A guy I have been looking at at RB if Turner leaves is Desean Wynn of Florida. That guy is built like Turner and although he doesn't have a great career to lean on he looks to be a solid guy that could learn behind one of the greatest. I also like the pure athleticism of Chris Henry from Arizona but I don't think he will be there in the 4th round and that's when I see A.J. addressing the position.

Wynn has work ethic and weight problems. Could be a steal if he plays up to his potential, but could also be a waste of a pick. Tony Hunt is another guy that could be available in the third or fourth round. What do you all think about him? He has power, but he also has some fumbling issues.

zdh87
04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Teddy Ginn will be the second coming of Troy Williamson...mark my words. I would like to see Anthony Gonzalez in SD or maybe one of the safties, Griffin or Merriwether. Though, Merriwether just rubs me the wrong way...sorta like Sammy Davis feeling, I don't know why, I just get that feeling. If we don't get a S in the first, look for Eric Weddle.

JK17
04-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Teddy Ginn will be the second coming of Troy Williamson...mark my words. I would like to see Anthony Gonzalez in SD or maybe one of the safties, Griffin or Merriwether. Though, Merriwether just rubs me the wrong way...sorta like Sammy Davis feeling, I don't know why, I just get that feeling. If we don't get a S in the first, look for Eric Weddle.

If we got Ginn at 30 I would be thrilled. Not becuase I think he is going to be a spectacular receiver as an all-around guy, but because as #2 receiver he's perfect. Yes, he has some similarities to Williamson, but even Williamson has been in the NFL for just two years, with a guy like Brad Johnson and a rookie QB throwing to him, can you blame him for not being in a groove yet? Not to mention he's been asked to be the #1 receiver and has not been given a fair chance yet to live up to that....

Even with that said, Ginn may be similar but they are not the same guy. Ginn would make a great speedy WR for the Chargers to have to compliment Vjax, and open up the middle of the field for Gates. This is all of course, if he is even there at 30. He'll also be able to field kickoffs and punts (better than Parker) once MT leaves, either this year or next.

I would hate to see Gonz at 30, that's a reach and there will be much better value there, or we could trade down and get him. I would like either one of thsoe safeties though at pick 30.