PDA

View Full Version : help....

j05son
04-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Some of you might not care, but this is my current situation.

I bought my desktop tower at Circuit City in August of 2006. It was plugged into a serge protector, as was my PS2, clock, tv...The computer overheated, and the power supply and Motherboard fried.

I took it to my computer guy, he ran power tests on all of it, and said just to have Circuit City cover it [since it was still under warrenty]...

I took it in on March 2nd. The kid that was in charge of the Firedog program [CC's version of Best Buy's Geek Squad for computers] never entered me into the system, but did diagnose my problem, cover my warranty and submitted the request for parts and then quit. I was suppose to get a call to let me know what happened.

I stopped it on, March 10 to find my parts were ordered, I was not in the system [my computer was in the back with an order form taped to it [shipping tape none the less, not even scotch, but a big thick heavy tape that I'll love to see what it does after being ripped off...]They said they'd call me again.

March 16th the same with another promise to call me with an update.

March 21st I was entered into the system, after I waited for 30 mins for them to FIND my computer....They told me the parts would ARRIVE on April 20th...And then said they would call me again with an update...

March 23rd, they called me for the first time, and told me that they couldn't get a hold of the district manager, compaq/HP said the part was still be shipped April 20th and they can't get a similar like part...

I work at a Gas Station and one of my regulars is a Best Buy employee and he told me their policy is that if they can not fix your computer in a timely fashion, they'll give you a new computer at similar purchase value...He told me that they would also order parts from Newegg, etc so things like that don't happen...

I've complained to Circuit City, but do you think I should throw a fit, or do something? This is going to be almost 2 months before they GET THE PARTS! That's ridiculous...Suggestions? In my town Best Buy is close to putting Circuit City out of business...

Phrost
04-08-2007, 09:34 PM

I bought my desktop tower at Circuit City in August of 2006. It was plugged into a serge protector, as was my PS2, clock, tv...The computer overheated, and the power supply and Motherboard fried.

I took it to my computer guy, he ran power tests on all of it, and said just to have Circuit City cover it [since it was still under warrenty]...

I took it in on March 2nd. The kid that was in charge of the Firedog program [CC's version of Best Buy's Geek Squad for computers] never entered me into the system, but did diagnose my problem, cover my warranty and submitted the request for parts and then quit. I was suppose to get a call to let me know what happened.

I stopped it on, March 10 to find my parts were ordered, I was not in the system [my computer was in the back with an order form taped to it [shipping tape none the less, not even scotch, but a big thick heavy tape that I'll love to see what it does after being ripped off...]They said they'd call me again.

March 16th the same with another promise to call me with an update.

March 21st I was entered into the system, after I waited for 30 mins for them to FIND my computer....They told me the parts would ARRIVE on April 20th...And then said they would call me again with an update...

March 23rd, they called me for the first time, and told me that they couldn't get a hold of the district manager, compaq/HP said the part was still be shipped April 20th and they can't get a similar like part...

I work at a Gas Station and one of my regulars is a Best Buy employee and he told me their policy is that if they can not fix your computer in a timely fashion, they'll give you a new computer at similar purchase value...He told me that they would also order parts from Newegg, etc so things like that don't happen...

I've complained to Circuit City, but do you think I should throw a fit, or do something? This is going to be almost 2 months before they GET THE PARTS! That's ridiculous...Suggestions? In my town Best Buy is close to putting Circuit City out of business...

Take a shotgun to circuit city, take a couple hostages, rape some women, kill some employees.

In all seriousness though I don't know what to do, someone will help soon though just wait a little bit. People are helpful on here.

Moses
04-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Definitely make a big scene. There's a very good chance you'll get something free if you go about it the right way.

Big Mike
04-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Circuit City isnt at Canada, you should throw a fit. I'm the type oof laid back person so i couldnt but you shud if you have the balls

Vikes99ej
04-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I would get straightup crunk in that place.

j05son
04-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Be thankful Circuit City isn't in Canada. It's a copycat of Best Buy with worse assistance, smaller store, less goods/merchandise, but they did have comparable prices [If I had to do it over, I would have built my own computer] and they do have good warranty's, I just didn't know it took 2 months to fix a motherboard...

I was thinking of just going to the front desk, talk directly to the store manager, I was going to explain everything, I have the dates and all, about what happened, how I've waited, throw a bit of a fit, talk about best buy's policy, talk about how ridiculous it was for 2 months talk about how they are inconveniences me by the long wait times and bring up points of conversation with friends online, and since I'm a pre-med student [currently withdrew with transfer apps to Kent and Wright out] talk about how I can't do the suggested reading and all, etc...Throw a bit of a fit, and then ask for the District Manager's number so I can express my complaints about the Boardman regional store directly to him/her...

Anyways, What I mainly wanted to ask, anyone have anything like this happen, doesn't have to be a computer...Also, Would bringing up Best Buy's policy do anything, they have the price match garentee against each other...That intrigued me..

Thanks to all that posted, or will post.

p.s. the shotty seems like a good plan B option...
8-) but I'm not very violent.

Windy
04-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Step 1: Get a cardboard box

Step 2: Take a dump in the cardboard box

Step 3: Mail the box to Circuit City

Big Mike
04-08-2007, 09:49 PM

LMAO, GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

jag
04-08-2007, 10:02 PM
I'd go with Moses advice, and make a scene about it. If you act like it's a big deal then hopefully they'll treat it like one.

As to the Best Buy thing, I bought my Ipod from there about a year and a half ago, and about 5 months in the Ipod broke. I took it in, the guy looked at it for a about a minute. Hands it back to me and says "Yep its broke, lemme go grab you a new one."

Easy as that, I got a new Ipod, and my visit lasted no longer than 15 minutes. I highly recommend you buy from them in the future, great service.

miamichamp_305
04-08-2007, 10:17 PM
I'd go with Moses advice, and make a scene about it. If you act like it's a big deal then hopefully they'll treat it like one.

As to the Best Buy thing, I bought my Ipod from there about a year and a half ago, and about 5 months in the Ipod broke. I took it in, the guy looked at it for a about a minute. Hands it back to me and says "Yep its broke, lemme go grab you a new one."

Easy as that, I got a new Ipod, and my visit lasted no longer than 15 minutes. I highly recommend you buy from them in the future, great service.
Your supper lucky, about the same thing happened to me. Except, they said they had to send it to apple to see if they could fix it. Took them 2 weeks to check it out, and after those 2 weeks they finally told me I could get a new one. Plus, I had to buy a new warranty. Dammit.

And as for your problem j05son, I'd go with the fit thing. Managers hate when you people throw fits and they would do next to anything to make you stop fitting. First, try and talk to the manager just explain your situation and how long you've been waiting etc etc, and make sure you bring up Best Buy's policy, makes them green with envy. If he says he can't do anything or doesn't offer to do anything, then start throwing a massive fit and ask for the regional store's number. If the manager is a ***** and gives it to you and doesn't help you, then call the regional store and do the same process, that should do something. If all this doesn't work (even though it should), then I suggest you do the suggestion of taking that dump in the cardboard box, but instead of mailing it to them, take it to them and pull out that shotgun idea.

Hope this all helps, and a quick suggestion, never buy from Circuit City ever again. I learned that from a different store, stupid Brandsmart.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-09-2007, 10:56 AM

Another goody:

Step 1: Buy baby powder

Step 2: Put some in an envelope

Step 3: Mail it to Circuit City, no return address.(That's the most important part)

ricky bobby
04-09-2007, 03:26 PM

Hate to be captain obvious, but that's where you went wrong.

j05son
04-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Hate to be captain obvious, but that's where you went wrong.

care to explain?

UKfan
04-09-2007, 03:45 PM
I think he means the fact you had a few things plugged into the surge protector. I don't know why that would make a difference though, probably have one of those 6 socket surge protectors like I have...

ricky bobby
04-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, you shouldn't plug so many things into one outlet. Unless the surge protector is top of the line.

BigDawg819
04-09-2007, 04:56 PM
In all seriousness I unfortunately have worked in the retail environment so here's what you do. You call the General Manager of the store and inform him of the situation and then play the Inconvenience card and how you are dissatisfied and wish to take you business else where and so on. Doing this in person is even better. Then ask for the Area Manager (the store GM's boss) and the Area Tech Supervisor's boss and call and complain to them. Basically the only way to have this resolved is to be the "squeaky wheel". Threaten to never do business with them again and to tell everyone you know and post it on forums and the like. The more you complain, and remember to be tactful and not an ass, the faster it will get resolved.