PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Thread

fischbowl
04-08-2007, 10:53 PM
PLAYOFFS!?!?!?!

Islanders are done..........

SuperMcGee
04-09-2007, 12:16 AM
I have about half the posts in the NHL thread. Bills are a great passion, but don't get me going with the Sabres. Love of my life.

Rob S
04-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I am a Rangers man myself, but I pull for the Sabres whenever the Rangers are not involved.

fischbowl
04-11-2007, 10:31 PM
tomorrow!

i have to say im pumped.

SuperMcGee
04-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I got tickets to Game 1. Score!

The Dynasty
04-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I got tickets to Game 1. Score!

Lucky ill be watching it on MSG with Rick Jeanneret.

SuperMcGee
04-12-2007, 10:49 PM
We WOOOOOON!

fischbowl
04-13-2007, 05:13 PM
1 shot on goal in the first.

we didnt win we fu*king killed

Billingsley26
04-13-2007, 05:13 PM
We WOOOOOON!

haha yea eh, I got season seats for the Sabres, behind the Sabres bench sick seats. Sick buzz. Cant wait for tomorrow night.

Billingsley26
04-13-2007, 05:15 PM
ya thats what im saying, 1 shot in the 1st. The Isles dont stand a chance, originally i was saying that if they Isles dont get within 3 goals in game 1, call it a series...think we should call it guys?

fischbowl
04-13-2007, 06:47 PM
if they get DiPietro back maybe theyll stretch it to 5 games.

Billingsley26
04-15-2007, 12:53 AM
if they get DiPietro back maybe theyll stretch it to 5 games.

sure enough! Dipietro got his lucky game, now its back to the next 3. I'll be there friday night.

SuperMcGee
04-15-2007, 01:22 AM
What the crap guys! Can more than one forward score a goal, please!? Can Afinogenov actually get the puck at the end of the game? Can we have someone other than Briere in for the crucial faceoffs? Can Briere go back to how he was 20 games ago?? Can Kotalik do something other than suck donkey balls? For the love of god, I hope the next line you're bounced to is in Rochester. I actually like how Paille's style would fare against the Isles.
Sure Dipietro had a good game, but we blew the passes on some good chances, held it too long at times, and couldn't break through their defense. Sure they had a kick-in goal and the winner of a bad penalty call. We weren't even so much outplayed offensively, btu we didn't play our winning way.

art vandelay
04-19-2007, 06:10 AM
It's all over....

The Dynasty
04-20-2007, 03:50 PM
I hope they finish it tonight and not have to go to Long Island. I really hope Tampa Bay upsets the Devils.

calibill2
04-20-2007, 03:55 PM
tonight...

Billingsley26
04-20-2007, 11:24 PM
YEYE

Max had a huge game, stepped it up nicely. Miller was solid, and I still think 2 goals tonite were garbage goals, just screen him and dump it in. Sick buzz in there. Sold out inside and there were 3500 people outside the arena watching. CRAZY. I hope you guys were there. SABRES!!!

fischbowl
04-22-2007, 10:11 AM
i couldnt be more happier on wednesday when DP broke his stick cross the goal. really summed up the happiness for me that night.

Rob S
04-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Man......I am gonna have to go against my Buffalo boys this time. Rangers are my team!

fischbowl
04-23-2007, 02:54 PM
**** schubert...................

DWhitner20
04-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Man......I am gonna have to go against my Buffalo boys this time. Rangers are my team!

booooooooooo

NIN1984
04-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Go Sabres!

Billingsley26
05-04-2007, 11:23 PM
WOW! Is all I can say! Im gonna be honest, I actually before the faceoff with 16 seconds left, and I was outside, and I said, lets just catch the end with the block party outside, I looked over and BOOM, everyone just sarted to go CRAZY! I had to hustle back inside, beat a few security gaurds to get in, and got back to my seats! AMAZING! Max sucked early on, he made too mnay giveaways, he seemes to do it all himself early on, and one almost costly giveaway early in the 1st. But I cant say anything now since he got the winner. Miller was great again. Gotta say tho kinda weird tho, how both Rangers goals (well only the one) were called off. Kinda set a weird buzz in there. But I dont give a ****, we won and it was AWESOME! GREAT TEAM< GREAT BUZZ!!! GO SABRES GO!

SuperMcGee
05-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Goalie interference. Noone seemed to really complain about it. Doesn't come close to the kick or Briere's G4 goal.

And come on. Leaving with 16 seconds left? Might as well just give me your remaining tickets...

Can't think of anyone that looked overly bad today. Roy, maybe.
Tallinder was outstadning. Great game.

WOO!

Rob S
05-05-2007, 09:15 AM
That interference was BS! Whatever though, that was one of the most entertaining games of the year. Rangers cant leave it up to Lundqvist to do EVERYTHING himself.....

Billingsley26
05-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Goalie interference. Noone seemed to really complain about it. Doesn't come close to the kick or Briere's G4 goal.

And come on. Leaving with 16 seconds left? Might as well just give me your remaining tickets...

Can't think of anyone that looked overly bad today. Roy, maybe.
Tallinder was outstadning. Great game.

WOO!

Ya well, I live about an hour and half away, and considering the border, and the wait I would've had afer the game, I wanted to beat the rush. but trust me, NO MORE! Im going to stay from now on!

I wouldnt say Roy looked bad, I thought he played physical today, for his size, he was fighting for it. If MAx hadnt scored the winner, I would'v said he played the worst, but I cant say anything now!

Tallinder was great, I thought Campbell played very well too, he stopped a couple 2 on 1's and looked pretty good. He used some moves too, dont know if you guys saw him spin around Avery (I think it was Avery), that was nice!

But ya, I will never leave early again, unless the game is not in doubt. In the end I ended staying like 2 hours after the game before we hit the road anyways, so it would'nt have mattered anyways. GREAT GAME! One of the best Ive seen!

Welcome back Gaustad! I thought he played very well for the time he was on. He should be good for the rest of the playoffs.

EDIT: What I said above is no excuse tho! I am disappointed in myself.

The Dynasty
05-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Found this funny being around the area of Buffalo.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u259/SisterBluebirdSonya/ottawa.jpg

SuperMcGee
05-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Ha, haven't seen that before.
Do you remember the Emery vs. Pylon fliers that were around last year?

Also, GREAT sig.

fischbowl
05-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Anyone want to comment on the ****** play of last night?

The PP play has to improve or we're gonna get ******.

SuperMcGee
05-11-2007, 03:31 PM
No. I really don't want to talk about it. At least Emery still looked like the Emery we know for the most part.

Billingsley26
05-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Right now I would bench Briere for Andrew Peters. This is what they need. A physical force, no one is doing that. Crash the net like crazy. Im pretty sure there were only two shots on goal in which a sabre was in front of Emery. Briere sucked. I dont care that the guys on WGR were saying ya well he got you there, ya well that doesnt mean **** right now. What happened in the Rangers series is gone, you onto the Sens now. GEEZ!

Lindy should cut that "C" off his jersey, and give it back to DRRRRUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRYYYYY! I thought that Drury played very well, he always plays hard. I thought Adam Mair acutally played a good game as well. I think it was the line of Mair, Guastad and I cant remember the 3rd guy, might of been Connolly, that was the best line of the night. Hope its a different outcome tomorrow.

P.S I am really that pissed off at Daniel Briere. If your gonna wear the C, be a plyer dont be scared.

SuperMcGee
05-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Right now I would bench Briere for Andrew Peters. This is what they need. A physical force, no one is doing that. Crash the net like crazy. Im pretty sure there were only two shots on goal in which a sabre was in front of Emery. Briere sucked. I dont care that the guys on WGR were saying ya well he got you there, ya well that doesnt mean **** right now. What happened in the Rangers series is gone, you onto the Sens now. GEEZ!

Lindy should cut that "C" off his jersey, and give it back to DRRRRUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRYYYYY! I thought that Drury played very well, he always plays hard. I thought Adam Mair acutally played a good game as well. I think it was the line of Mair, Guastad and I cant remember the 3rd guy, might of been Connolly, that was the best line of the night. Hope its a different outcome tomorrow.

P.S I am really that pissed off at Daniel Briere. If your gonna wear the C, be a plyer dont be scared.

Uggh. I'm surprised that this isn't an emotional post-game response, but it's actually a day later and probably serious. Briere had a great Game 6, and played about as well as half the team yesterday (not saying anything good about him). Noone was playing physical, we were awful on the boards. But benching him after one game for a guy that we'd play for 2 shifts in the first period and never see the rest of the game is just illogical (Even though Peters improved as a skater this year and he does go to the net, you know he wouldnt get ice time to be worth it and wouldn't be more effective in the end). I know we like to get pissed at Briere, it was common practice for some games during the playoffs and quite a few at the end of the season as well. But his positioning hasn't been too bad lately and he's certainly cut down on the penalties the past couple games. Danny, Kotalik, and Timmy C I think will perform as our best line tomorrow. Just you watch.

And I have to say it because I love him. How good has Tallinder been lately! Certainly a bright spot for us.

The Dynasty
05-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Ohhh Danny Briere....

Billingsley26
05-15-2007, 10:17 AM
You guys dont understand. Observations so far. Briers has come miles in the past 2 games going back to his regualr spot at center. Drury seems to have taken a hit recently. Emery is still Emery. Coughing up those rebounds like crazy. I mean ****, pay me, and ill crash the net and dump the rebounds in. They never crash the net, and if they did they would get more chances like when Briere scored with 5 seconds left. Kalinan is horrible, Nummenin is garbage too. Man the whole defense is playing like crap. Tallinder might be the best, but the turnovers have to stop. They need to stop dink-and-doinking around and just make the pass and get up the ice. This is unbeleiveable. If i was Lindy, I would just press Emery and put shots on net and crash and get the rebounds. At least your gonna get some offense and shots on net.

SuperMcGee
05-15-2007, 05:18 PM
"You guys don't understand"?
Who has even said anything about the past two games?

Obviously we need more shots. We just turn it over before getting possession in their zone or get all our shots blocked. Any type of rush we have is limited because we've been on defense so long that everyone's changing. Our best rebound chances go for nothing because there's nobody there.
It took us forever, but we took one good step yesterday when we finally changed up the PP with Gaustad out there. Only guy I've seen battling for the puck on the power play all game.
It's not like any skater is playing great anyway, but I wouldn't say Numminen is garbage. I'd say he's been one of our better defensemen over the past few.

Billingsley26
05-15-2007, 11:07 PM
]"You guys don't understand"?
Who has even said anything about the past two games? [/B]
Obviously we need more shots. We just turn it over before getting possession in their zone or get all our shots blocked. Any type of rush we have is limited because we've been on defense so long that everyone's changing. Our best rebound chances go for nothing because there's nobody there.
It took us forever, but we took one good step yesterday when we finally changed up the PP with Gaustad out there. Only guy I've seen battling for the puck on the power play all game.
It's not like any skater is playing great anyway, but I wouldn't say Numminen is garbage. I'd say he's been one of our better defensemen over the past few.

sorry about that. I didnt finish my thought. I meant you guys dont udnerstand how POed i am right now. I thought that Guastad played solid in the PP, but the things that are getting to me is how everyone is trying to do it on their own. I mean Max, everytime he gets the puck he tries to skate around everyone and drive in on his own. He always gets stopped, and seems to get run over at the boards. Thus we lose the puck, and are a man down. I see Connolly doing the same things. THey keep trying to do the fancy passes. They just need to buckle down, and make the dam pass first. Get shots on Emery, and crash the net. Dump the rebounds, then you get your shots and goals.

The Dynasty
05-18-2007, 07:57 PM
We Believe.

fischbowl
05-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Ot, Ot, Ot!

Billingsley26
05-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Guys, I am in depresson mode right now. I made a Stanlel Cup for the game yesteday, i have fans taking pictures with it at intermission, fans kissing it and hugging it, it was unreal. then for alfreddson to score that goal. GEEZ! I had such a GREAT time yesterday, it was unreal. I was in section 104. Love the fans, love the team. Ill tell you this. Im an unreal fan, i actually spent the first period watching in Section 400, THE PLAZA, then bought two tickets in 104 for 250 bucks for 2 1/2 periods. UNREAL! Love the Sabres!

p.s For some reason the song Working Class Hero (originally by John Lennon) by Green Day really for some reason makes me think back on yesterday.

OhioState
05-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Ottawa owns!!

fischbowl
05-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Ottawa owns!!

leave you miscreant!

fischbowl
07-01-2007, 03:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2922605

eight years is crazy.

it was destined to happen.

hopefully we'll resign drury, zubie, and conklin, even tough i hear Chirs is going to San Jose to reunite with Mike Grier.

SuperMcGee
07-01-2007, 04:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2922605

eight years is crazy.

it was destined to happen.

hopefully we'll resign drury, zubie, and conklin, even tough i hear Chirs is going to San Jose to reunite with Mike Grier.

With how little attention we've given to Zubrus and even Drury to an extent, I doubt we end up with both. Conklin I don't care much about, although he is one sexy guy, which is mandatory to be the Sabres backup.
Max can match Briere's production. But of course it would be better to have two guys doing that. But who plays as good a two-way game as Drury for us, and who can be our leader? We can't afford to lose both, and I hate our negotiating policy because that's probably what will end up happening. And if we don't get Briere, Drury, or even Zubrus, then we better go out and toss the bank at Ryan Smyth or something.

fischbowl
07-01-2007, 07:11 PM
With how little attention we've given to Zubrus and even Drury to an extent, I doubt we end up with both. Conklin I don't care much about, although he is one sexy guy, which is mandatory to be the Sabres backup.
Max can match Briere's production. But of course it would be better to have two guys doing that. But who plays as good a two-way game as Drury for us, and who can be our leader? We can't afford to lose both, and I hate our negotiating policy because that's probably what will end up happening. And if we don't get Briere, Drury, or even Zubrus, then we better go out and toss the bank at Ryan Smyth or something.

resigning Mair might be a blessing in disguise.

SuperMcGee
07-01-2007, 07:45 PM
resigning Mair might be a blessing in disguise.

It was never a disguise for me. Briere I knew was gone. Even if we signed Drury I wouldn't have minded playing Gaustad on his wing again and still having Mair play center. Plus, we need guys that hit. Not Peters types, but Mair types. For his talent level he was one of our better playoff performers (in the little time he saw; hooray for abandoning the four line strategy even when we weren't mounting comebacks).

fischbowl
07-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Anyone want to start a "**** The Rangers" Chant?

Billingsley26
07-02-2007, 11:28 AM
**** the RANGERS

**** the RANGERS

SuperMcGee
07-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Apparently we're looking at better things for Michael Ryan this year. Outside of own goals, I like the guy. Super fast and I liked what I saw. Not sure how much he'll improve, he's older than the rest of our prospects. But only time in the league will tell. Anyone think Peters will start the season instead or if MacArthur should already be ahead of him? Ryan could have an edge based on what position we need to fill up front. With Paille figuring to be a full time guy, there's only room for one of the 3 to start. Or just play Paetsch at forward ;)

SuperMcGee
07-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Schedule is out. Some notable Sabres games:

Dec 15: Possible Patrick Kane Homecoming
Jan 1: Hosting Penguins at 1:00. Crosby + Ralph = Ice Bowl!
Nov 5-24: Nine straight divisional games, including Montreal four times
We also end the season with 8 straight divisional games, playing each team once at home and on the road.
Dec 21-22: Home-and-home against Philly
After having all of our games vs. the Rangera be over by Dec 1st last year, we don't play them until Jan. 16th this year. Another familair face in this one.

Billingsley26
07-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Schedule is out. Some notable Sabres games:

Dec 15: Possible Patrick Kane Homecoming
Jan 1: Hosting Penguins at 1:00. Crosby + Ralph = Ice Bowl!
Nov 5-24: Nine straight divisional games, including Montreal four times
We also end the season with 8 straight divisional games, playing each team once at home and on the road.
Dec 21-22: Home-and-home against Philly
After having all of our games vs. the Rangera be over by Dec 1st last year, we don't play them until Jan. 16th this year. Another familair face in this one.

ya i heard about the game at the Ralph. I think thats a sick idea, and I cant wait to go.

SuperMcGee
07-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Paetsch signed for 3 years, so no arbitration for us this year.

SuperMcGee
09-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Uncle Teppo is having heart surgery again.
He's the coolest guy ever, I hate that he has these heart problems.

SuperMcGee
09-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Lorentz can't retire! I don't like this one bit. We're nothing without the tandem.

SuperMcGee
10-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I don't mind the rotating C so much, since its basically a figurehead letter. Miller is our leader.

I'm getting nostalgiac guys. I'm buying into the under the radar goodness that is most of what we have to rely on.
How amazing was '05-'06?
I lose my breath just thinking about it. Hockey was back, and we were good, damn good like nobody expected. Beating up on Philly, Game One against Ottawa (greatest game ever), Game 6 against Carolina. Unbelievable memories. I love it, and I'm ready for more.
It starts tonight! Let's go Buffalo!!

The Dynasty
10-05-2007, 02:30 PM
I cant wait for 7:30 tonight. I just hope the Yankees game ends at that time too. I really hope Vanek proves what we paid for was worth it. I hope we shock some people this year. It think itd be great if we made it to the stanley cup without Briere and Drury

SuperMcGee
10-05-2007, 02:49 PM
If it works out this way, our fourth line can be something interesting. It can be physical, Mair especially, but Paille is a great passer and Ryan is sickeningly fast.
There is a lot of hockey sense between Mair and Paille, and Ryan is f-a-s-t with some decent offensive moves in there. If they get a decent number of minutes, it could be interesting.

Bills2083
10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
is the game at 7:00 or 7:30?

OTcoach
10-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Guys, Hockey sucks.....keep your hockey cr*p on the hockey sites.....this is for football!

Greatest NAmerican sport there is.

SuperMcGee
10-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh my god, Matt Man died. :(

Best wishes to the Miller and Schoals families.

SuperMcGee
10-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Spacek hurt for a little while, so we'll see Sekera or Funk on the weekend. I really like both, I wouldn't expect any defensive dropoff (heh...).

fischbowl
10-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Guys, Hockey sucks.....keep your hockey cr*p on the hockey sites.....this is for football!

Greatest NAmerican sport there is.

you're free to leave

fischbowl
10-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Oh my god, Matt Man died. :(

Best wishes to the Miller and Schoals families.

i was wondering why Thibault was starting.

SuperMcGee
10-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Lydman the November captain? Surprising to me, he probably wouldn't have been in my top half for defensive captaincy options if Teppo was still around.

SuperMcGee
07-25-2008, 03:07 PM
http://www.spscriptorium.com/Season6/TadAndFriends.jpg

More like Matt DARCHE!