PDA

View Full Version : Somethings just leave you at a loss for words...

Wally03
04-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Women gets DUI - for horseback ride
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17953259/?GT1=9246

On the bright side, I guess she deserves credit for not getting behind the wheel of a car. The down side, apparently it is also a bad idea to drink and ride...

bearsfan_51
04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Well it is Alabama.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
04-09-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm pretty sure you can get a DUI for riding a bike, so I don't see how a horse is any different.

Wally03
04-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah, not disagreeing with the charges at all. Just in all my life while drunk never have I thought to myself, "Damn it, I feel like going for a horseback ride." Thanks to this woman the odd people I meet in Vermont on a daily basis seem quite normal.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
04-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah, not disagreeing with the charges at all. Just in all my life while drunk never have I thought to myself, "Damn it, I feel like going for a horseback ride." Thanks to this woman the odd people I meet in Vermont on a daily basis seem quite normal.

I passed a couple of guys on horses on the road just yesterday. Granted, it was a back road in the country, but it was a Sunday in South Louisiana so chances are the people riding it were drunk.

Completely unrelated to the topic but related to my story, nothing is worse than a big ass tractor driving 20 on a main road and holding everybody up. Makes me hate life.

SuperKevin
04-09-2007, 12:50 PM
You can get a DUI for anything you operate that can endanger your life or the lives of other people around you. That includes cars, bikes, boats, horses etc.

frogstomp
04-09-2007, 12:53 PM
You can get a DUI for anything you operate that can endanger your life or the lives of other people around you. That includes cars, bikes, boats, horses etc.

Can opener?

Freddy G
04-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Kind of "out there" for me. It is an animal, do you have complete control of animal, sober, anyway?

Now if the horse was drunk, that would be one thing. But she was just along for a ride....not sure, but i don't think you can get a citation for being a drunk passanger.

ChewyRaven318
04-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Can opener?

I got a DUI for operating my kitchen stove :(

bsaza2358
04-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I got pulled over Friday night for speeding. I was going 40 MPH on a 3-lane road outside of DC. I assumed the speed limit was at least 30, but it was a mind-boggling 25. I was actually driving my drunk housemate home from the bar where we were celebrating his birthday. The officer smelled alchohol and gave me a breathalizer, then looked in the car for empties. When he confirmed that the smell was coming from my buddy, he praised me for DDing and let me go with no ticket.

terribletowel39
04-09-2007, 03:21 PM
I passed a couple of guys on horses on the road just yesterday. Granted, it was a back road in the country, but it was a Sunday in South Louisiana so chances are the people riding it were drunk.

Completely unrelated to the topic but related to my story, nothing is worse than a big ass tractor driving 20 on a main road and holding everybody up. Makes me hate life.

haha i know exactly what you mean. i hate that ****. even though i would say 20 is the tractor gunning it. i have rarely got one going that fast.