PDA

View Full Version : Bears sign Filip Filipovic.

bearsfan_51
04-09-2007, 04:19 PM
LAKE FOREST, Ill. Ė The Bears on Monday signed punter Filip Filipovic to a one-year contract. Terms were not disclosed.

In nine games with the Dallas Cowboys in 2002, Filipovic averaged 40.6 yards and placed 14 of 65 punts in inside the 20. The South Dakota product has since spent time with the San Francisco 49ers, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles and Houston Texans without appearing in a regular-season game

Best. Name. Ever.

How do you think this effects our run to the Superbowl?

SFbear
04-10-2007, 01:24 PM

Larry: I thought the Bears already had signed a punter to challenge Brad Maynard. Why did they sign another one on Monday?

Steven S.
Schaumburg, Illinois

Steven: Filip Filipovic wonít necessarily challenge for Brad Maynardís job. But with prospect Joel Stelly set to play in NFL Europe, the Bears needed another punter to help share some of the duties with Maynard during offseason workouts. The Bears signed Filipovic to fill that role because they considered him the best free agent available on the street.

Dammit. I was about to go buy this guys jersey.

KBear
04-10-2007, 04:05 PM

We have to be the odds on favorites to win now. This signing should quiet all the people who say that the Bears are not doing enough this off season, and not signing any of the cool named free agent players.

Smokey Joe
04-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Can he QB??? TE??? He is just way too good of an athlete to just punt.

bearsfan_51
04-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I am going Fillipin' crazy!!!

bearsfan_51
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Larry: I thought the Bears already had signed a punter to challenge Brad Maynard. Why did they sign another one on Monday?

Steven S.
Schaumburg, Illinois

Steven: Filip Filipovic wonít necessarily challenge for Brad Maynardís job. But with prospect Joel Stelly set to play in NFL Europe, the Bears needed another punter to help share some of the duties with Maynard during offseason workouts. The Bears signed Filipovic to fill that role because they considered him the best free agent available on the street.

Dammit. I was about to go buy this guys jersey.
Yeah, kicking the ball a total of 6 times was just too much stress for superstar Brad Maynard.