PDA

View Full Version : If we are stuck at 2 . . .

Xiomera
04-09-2007, 05:54 PM
If the Lions get stuck picking at #2, and Calvin Johnson is off the board, who should we take?

I see everyone having us take CJ at two, but what if Oakland takes him?

TacticaLion
04-09-2007, 06:26 PM
If the Lions get stuck picking at #2, and Calvin Johnson is off the board, who should we take?

I see everyone having us take CJ at two, but what if Oakland takes him?
If we're at 2 and CJ isn't there, I think we should take Gaines Adams. It fills a HUGE defensive need with a playmaker... honestly, our DLine would be great with him, Rogers, Redding and White.

If we trade down to 6-7, I think Willis should be the pick.

Brodeur
04-09-2007, 07:07 PM
I was expecting Tactica to pick other and say Willis. Have to say I'm disappointed Tactica.

I voted for Joe Thomas, mainly because he's not a reach and he would fit the team well.

Scotty D
04-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I'd say Gaines Adams. Worst value, best fit.

woodnick
04-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I said Joe Thomas because I think he's a good fit at a good value, gotta build that o-line with more than just servicable parts.

TacticaLion
04-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I was expecting Tactica to pick other and say Willis. Have to say I'm disappointed Tactica.

I voted for Joe Thomas, mainly because he's not a reach and he would fit the team well.

HA! I go back and forth on that... but I think we should take Gaines if at #2. If we move down, I like Willis.

keylime_5
04-09-2007, 08:16 PM
I think you guys will take Joe Thomas at #2. Millen will take the 'best player available' and everyone knows Detroit loves Thomas. Taking a player at a position that wasn't necessarily a need never stopped Millen before (see 2005 NFL draft, pick #10), and Thomas is the high character guy who just so happens to fit perfectly into the type of player Marinelli wants. Adams would be a reach over Thomas.

They might take Adams #2, but I wouldn't bet against Thomas going 2nd.

WMD
04-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Well, there's a difference between who SHOULD they pick and who WILL they pick..

IMO they SHOULD take a QB, preferably Brady Quinn.. I think it'd be the best pick for the future of our Franchise, and would give us some stability at the Quarterback position for the next decade.. of course, this is the best case scenario and I do think Brady Quinn is going to be a Top QB in the NFL.

Who WILL they take? I think it could depend on how they feel about Mike Martz.. If they think he'll be around for 2 or 3 more years to develop a QB, they COULD take JaMarcus Russell. I think he's the Mike Martz Wet Dream of Quarterbacks. He'd also be great "Value" right there.

If they don't feel like Martz is around for 2 more years.. They have some questions to ask themselves.. Is Gaines Adams a Kalimba Edwards clone? Do they want to draft a Right Tackle at #2 and pay him Left Tackle money? Do they even want risk a High Round 1 on a Quarterback again?

If I had to pick.. I think the Lions are more sold on Joe Thomas than anyone else.. and they probably wouldn't mind paying him LT money if they think he's the best Player available.

However, even though we brought in Tatum Bell and TJ Duckett.. and spent a Round 3 on Brian Calhoun last year.. and even though we still have Kevin Jones and Shawn Bryson.. I still have this little feeling that Adrian Peterson could be the pick.

reinar
04-10-2007, 02:58 AM
hopefully Millen learned from 2003 when he flubbed the NE pat trade.

trade down, 2-3 times if you can get away with it, get willis in the first
use all the 2nds to round out the CB/CB/DE and 3rd to get stanton QB.