PDA

View Full Version : Other sport draft websites

J-Hype
04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
anybody know any other draft websites like this for basketball,baseball, or hockey

Vikes99ej
04-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Nbadraft.net

Moses
04-09-2007, 07:18 PM
HoopsHype.com is good for the NBA draft, as is NBAdraft.net.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-09-2007, 07:27 PM
I will be starting an NBAdraft website soon so be on the lookout for that.

ricky bobby
04-09-2007, 08:01 PM

Cool. Are you making the website using a program or are you making it the old school way in notepad? I made a webpage with random carp on it using only notepad. I kind of quit on it half way, because I didn't know how to do CGI scripting. If that all sounds nerd to you, just ignore it.

RaiderNation
04-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Nbadraft.net

best nba one i know of

DChess
04-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Cool. Are you making the website using a program or are you making it the old school way in notepad? I made a webpage with random carp on it using only notepad. I kind of quit on it half way, because I didn't know how to do CGI scripting. If that all sounds nerd to you, just ignore it.

if i did a website i would go fancy and not notepad, notepad makes it look unproffesional, i would be willing to pay ppl to set it up, but i would prally do all the colors and graphics myself, and the layout, i just dont know how to put it all together

BuckNaked
04-09-2007, 08:03 PM

I'd definitely be interested in it. I could help you out with it as well if you need.

ricky bobby
04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
if i did a website i would go fancy and not notepad, notepad makes it look unproffesional, i would be willing to pay ppl to set it up, but i would prally do all the colors and graphics myself, and the layout, i just dont know how to put it all together

Well check it out. All in notepad.

http://the-omniscient.awardspace.com/

I realized where I went wrong once I got my 22 inch widescreen monitor.

ElectricEye
04-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Notepad isn't very good as far as HTML goes. Besides..doing a site in pure HTML in this scale an NBA Draft site would have to be is kinda impractical.
Anyway..
NBADraft.net is a good one as far as the NBA goes. For baseball, I use http://www.brewerfan.net/.

Moses
04-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Obviously most of you know little/nothing about webdesign. Writing in code (HTML/CSS/Scripting Language) is by far the best way to setup a website. Anything else is amateurish.

ElectricEye
04-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Obviously most of you know little/nothing about webdesign. Writing in code (HTML/CSS/Scripting Language) is by far the best way to setup a website. Anything else is amateurish.

Oh I agree 100%. I was just saying, doing a site with that as many pages as a draft site would take without CSS in notepad isn't a very good idea.
Still, if your not adept at code, their are other options out there these days....but they don't work as well as good old fashioned hard work does. The only CMS I really like is PHP Nuke, and that's mostly because of the phpBB integration that it has. Most of them suck though. Wordpress is getting more and more popular in terms of an alternative to straight coding. Some of the sites look decent...and if you make your own template I suppose it's not that "amaturish"...but still, nothing beats the control you get doing it the real way.

ricky bobby
04-10-2007, 07:39 AM

Uh actually the best way to design a good looking visual webpage is by using DHTML and XML. If you want user feedback, such as polls, comments, forums, chat rooms, etc., you should learn CGI scripting. I built my page in HTML, then I realized that in order for it to do things that I envisioned it to do, I would need to learn Pearl, XML and DHTML. I put that project on hold until this summer, when I'll have more spare time.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-10-2007, 03:17 PM
I first off know little about website making but as for now I will start off simple and basic, and if interest grows I might spend a little money to get a professional site and message boards but as of now I'm gonna keep it rather simple.

ricky bobby
04-10-2007, 03:48 PM
nobody uses "cgi" scripting anymore. that was the trend about 8 years ago.

What's the trend now?

steel man
04-10-2007, 03:54 PM
have any of you tried C-sharp?

ccB
04-10-2007, 04:09 PM

I thought about making one before but I am far too lazy.

fischbowl
04-10-2007, 04:18 PM
www.baseballamerica.com for baseball draft

if anyone knows another that'd be great too.

ElectricEye
04-10-2007, 04:19 PM
have any of you tried C-sharp?

I've played around with it. I'm a Ruby guy though. I'm not heavy into programming though. Just know enough to get by.

BuckNaked
04-10-2007, 04:26 PM
I thought about making one before but I am far too lazy.

I think if we took a bunch of people from here and ran it together, it would be much easier.

Damix
04-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I've played around with it. I'm a Ruby guy though. I'm not heavy into programming though. Just know enough to get by.

We have a winner here.

Using frontpage and the like will make a very amatuer looking website, but using flash (IN THE RIGHT WAY, NOT FREAKING SWISH) can make a beutiful website.

Damix
04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
people still use frontpage? that crapware still exists?

Amazing isn't it, one of my computer information systems classes actually wanted us to use it for a project.

ElectricEye
04-11-2007, 08:30 AM
I miss all the crap geocities pages. Those were always good for a laugh. Most of them were made my 12 year old kids infatuated with themselves.

ElectricEye
04-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah, the fire banners lol. That no one actually made. And the site would usually have clipart somewhere.
I actually still have one bookmarked, since it so perfectly exemplifies what the internet used to be.
http://www.geocities.com/deadbloodrose666/

mfkrush
04-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Are you asking for a good sports forum or a Draft Site/Forum?

jets future
04-11-2007, 02:27 PM
nbadraft.net. but i got my own basketball site

slightlyaraiderfan
04-11-2007, 02:29 PM
nbadraft.net. but i got my own basketball site
link?

asdjflkjdsdf