PDA

View Full Version : Forum Mock

etk
04-09-2007, 07:05 PM
There's a new Forum Mock (in case you haven't seen the announcement). Applications are due on the 13th, so hurry up and get 'em in. Hopefully some of us will Co-GM the Bucs together! Let the Thomas/Okoye debate begin!

Tampa 2 4 life
04-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Sent my application, I hope there's gonna be Co-GMs with so many people going to send in for the Bucs Job.

Caddy
04-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I sent mine.. Are all you guyz "Forum Mock Virgins" so to speak?

Tampa 2 4 life
04-09-2007, 08:14 PM
I did one before, in the application, were you supposed to highlight the moves you made in the mock/mocks you did? That's what I did, now I'm kinda worried I wasn't supposed to.

Caddy
04-09-2007, 08:16 PM
You weren't supposed to go into depth.. Did you do the last Forum Mock run by the Moderators. I was co-gm with Eaglez.Fan

-black
04-09-2007, 08:17 PM
ehh. I dont get along with you all so I would get fired :)

Tampa 2 4 life
04-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Didn't do that one, I did one of the user created ones.

etk
04-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I did one before, in the application, were you supposed to highlight the moves you made in the mock/mocks you did? That's what I did, now I'm kinda worried I wasn't supposed to.

You weren't really supposed to...

I'm a relative virgin, because I did the neko4 draft game but it fell apart.

Maybe we can have:

Co-GMs: etk, 24cadillac24
Assistant: Tampa 2 4 Life (I love u too but the post count hurts)

etk
04-09-2007, 08:19 PM
ehh. I dont get along with you all so I would get fired :)

No, please apply! The more arguing and differing opinions, the better!

Tampa 2 4 life
04-09-2007, 08:23 PM
You weren't really supposed to...

I'm a relative virgin, because I did the neko4 draft game but it fell apart.

Maybe we can have:

Co-GMs: etk, 24cadillac24
Assistant: Tampa 2 4 Life (I love u too but the post count hurts)

I don't really mind being an assistant, I knew the post count would hurt me so I tried to make everything else perfect.

Also, what did you guys put as other teams to GM? I just put the NFC South as a whole because I know them the best.

etk
04-09-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't really mind being an assistant, I knew the post count would hurt me so I tried to make everything else perfect.

Also, what did you guys put as other teams to GM? I just put the NFC South as a whole because I know them the best.

I put St. Louis because my friend is a huge fan, and I could tell him all my moves. I also put New England because it would be fun to play with 2 first rounders. Then I put Denver, but I forget why....

Caddy
04-09-2007, 08:27 PM
I put the texans and Bungles for some reason..

We should make a general rule that whoever are (I am sure there will be at least 2 as there usually is) the GM's post any moves they want to do in here so we can hear differing sides of arguments..

-black
04-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Im still kinda confused to how this works

Caddy
04-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Im still kinda confused to how this works

It is literally like the NFL Draft. Each team as GM's (Head/Co/Assistant, each have varying levels of power) and you draft players accordingly. You can trade between other teams and use draft picks and/or players. Generally there has been a Free Agency to go along with the mocks but because most players are off the market I am not sure if that will happen this time.

Hope that kind of helps.

etk
04-09-2007, 08:37 PM
I think you should apply -black. If not, I will force you to be an assistant GM.

Caddy
04-09-2007, 08:39 PM
I think you should apply -black. If not, I will force you to be an assistant GM.

Yer I agree, you know your stuff.. I reckon the Bucs will dominate this forum mock

Tampa 2 4 life
04-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Yer I agree, you know your stuff.. I reckon the Bucs will dominate this forum mock

I third this. Also, The bucs will dominate, we're going to be like the yankees(A bunch of greats) of GM mock GMs.

-black
04-09-2007, 08:42 PM
who decides who is what position? GM, HC and such? and so your saying some1 will set a time, and each team from each of the forums are suppose to show up at that time and make the picks? Didnt this happen in the mock draft forum like last week? it seemed they kept moving the date

etk
04-09-2007, 08:43 PM
who decides who is what position? GM, HC and such? and so your saying some1 will set a time, and each team from each of the forums are suppose to show up at that time and make the picks? Didnt this happen in the mock draft forum like last week? it seemed they kept moving the date

This is the official one and will be well organized. The mods decide who does what position. Co-GMs can appoint their own assistants. There are no coaches, however.

Caddy
04-09-2007, 08:44 PM

Draft Guru is the Commissioner this time and he will choose the GM's. Generally each team gets 1-2 hours to make a pick and it just goes from there. There hasn't been one of these for about 2 months though.

etk
04-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Draft Guru is the Commissioner this time and he will choose the GM's. Generally each team gets 1-2 hours to make a pick and it just goes from there. There hasn't been one of these for about 2 months though.

I thought the 1st round was 15 minutes? I hope DG does a good job, Ward really kept it going well from what I saw. He was pretty stingy on the trades, though.

Caddy
04-09-2007, 08:48 PM
I thought the 1st round was 15 minutes? I hope DG does a good job, Ward really kept it going well from what I saw. He was pretty stingy on the trades, though.

In real life it is 15mins but I think you get a little more in this due to communication constrictions. But don't quote me on that. The last one was good, the one Ward ran. I think you need someone who is stingy on trades, I like the realism that comes from it.

etk
04-09-2007, 08:49 PM
In real life it is 15mins but I think you get a little more in this due to communication constrictions. But don't quote me on that. The last one was good, the one Ward ran. I think you need someone who is stingy on trades, I like the realism that comes from it.

The one Ward ran earlier this year was 15 minutes in the 1st round, that's what I meant.

-black
04-09-2007, 08:50 PM
I would be pretty upset if we created a better draft in fake life then we actually got in real life....

etk
04-09-2007, 08:50 PM
I would be pretty upset if we created a better draft in fake life then we actually got in real life....

Most likely going to happen....

Caddy
04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
The one Ward ran earlier this year was 15 minutes in the 1st round, that's what I meant.

Really, I thought it was more. Didn't take me long to make my pick though.. Mine was basically the lock of the draft..

Calvin Johnson!!!!!!

Tampa 2 4 life
04-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Assistant GM, woo!

Caddy
04-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah I saw the list, not what I was expecting

princefielder28
07-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Couldn't find a Tampa Bay Devil Rays thread so I thought this was the next best option......

Any Devil Rays fan interested????
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11220