PDA

View Full Version : The Detroit Red Wings Discussion Thread

Pocket
04-09-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't know how many of you guys watch the Wings, or how many of you care about the Wings, but there is a thread for the Pistons, so now I made one for the Wings...

Anyway, I've heard some rumors that say Bertuzzi and Zetterberg might not play in the first game, but I have also heard they both will play. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

But the worst news of all, is I have to work on Thursday night... the night of the first game... :(

Newbs24
04-09-2007, 10:39 PM
I am very confident because we have Hasek between the pipes. It is gonna blow not having Kronwall for the run and possibly Zets/Bertuzzi for a little while. I do think Calder will be perfect for the playoffs. Robert Lang and No-Show Datsyuk HAVE to have big playoffs.

DeMonikk1
04-10-2007, 07:45 AM
It's time Datsyuk shows up for a playoff series..and as long as hasek can stay healthy, this could be a very good year..

Xiomera
04-10-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm saying Red Wings in 6.

TacticaLion
04-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Wings in 5... they'll lose game 3.

ironman4579
04-10-2007, 10:21 AM
I've got the Wings in 6. I think Bertuzzi will have a good series. I've actually heard he will be healthy for every game, but I guess we'll see.

Lions-Slappy
04-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Wings in 5 would be perfect since I just bought Playoff tickets to game 5 at the Joe :p

Calgary will be very tough at home, I am guessing Wings in 6

ironman4579
04-10-2007, 11:30 AM
That's my reasoning for Wings in 6. Calgary has been very tough at home this year, but awful on the road.

DeMonikk1
04-10-2007, 11:41 AM
I think Calgary may stretch them to 7 games..but the Wings will prevail..at least I hope they do..

Newbs24
04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
What an absolute beat down. Iginla is getting up there for my most hated players. The dude chirps and cheap shots and then doesn't get a shot. Shut the hell up and go back to your loser dressing room. What a clown. Hasek wants to hoist that trophy. It isn't gonna be easy to beat this guy in the playoffs. Great first game for our Wings.

asmitty45
04-12-2007, 09:03 PM
thank god someone started this thread, i've been tempted but i thought id wait it out.

Wings in 5 over Flames

ironman4579
04-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Detroit looked like they were on a mission tonight. Great way to start the playoffs.

Xiomera
04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
That scrum at the end was wild. I love how Markov came in a piled on top.

Anyone see how Brad Stuart was manhandling the linesman trying to get at Cleary? He must have shoved the linesman in the back 7-8 times. I can't believe the linesman didn't take a swing himself, lol.

Bootland27
04-12-2007, 09:50 PM
What an absolute beat down. Iginla is getting up there for my most hated players. The dude chirps and cheap shots and then doesn't get a shot. Shut the hell up and go back to your loser dressing room. What a clown. Hasek wants to hoist that trophy. It isn't gonna be easy to beat this guy in the playoffs. Great first game for our Wings.

no kiddin, start gooning it up once they realize they're gonna lose. Typical of calgary, What a bunch of b!tches

detroit4life
04-12-2007, 10:04 PM
this is gonna be a good series and we're only gonna egt better with hank returning to game form and bert comin back but i hope they put bert with hank and pavel a little bit so it stops players going after guys after the whistle

Icon
04-13-2007, 01:07 AM
I didnt watch the end of it so I missed the scrum, Im unhappy with myself about that!

And hey, Datsyuk had a good game and got a goal, that is a BIG positive. I am hoping Bertuzzi is back soon so he can get teamed with Pavel & Henrik so he can go after some guys who try to screw with our stars.

Also in a hockey related note, making his United States debut for NBC hockey analyst Don Cherry will be teaming with Brett Hull to either call some games or do the between periods stuff. Cherry is the best hockey personality there is it will be good to see him on US TV. He has been doing Hockey Night in Canada for 25 years on CBC.

Newbs24
04-13-2007, 10:59 AM
this is gonna be a good series and we're only gonna egt better with hank returning to game form and bert comin back but i hope they put bert with hank and pavel a little bit so it stops players going after guys after the whistle

Todd with those 2 would be a big help. Both his style of play and his demeanor. I think you would see both Hank and Dats get a little more chippy knowing they have that monster on the line with him. It would stop Iginla and Conroy from giving cheap shots to star players. Iginla wanted to fight and I think if Todd was in, he would have went with him.

ironman4579
04-13-2007, 11:30 AM
I guarantee if Todd was there, he and Iginla would have danced. I'm also something of a Vancouver fan(I know, 2 teams in the same conference is stupid) and Bert always stood up for his teammates. I know he gets a bad rap, but I've always like his style of play. I'm looking forward to getting him back. It just gives us another dimension out there.

detroit4life
04-13-2007, 05:46 PM
but at the same time homstrom works so well witht htose two it would be hard to break that line up so it depends if bert can give that line the saame thing as holmstrom

Icon
04-14-2007, 03:12 AM
I dont want to discount what Homer does as Im a huge fan of his for a good decade, but I think Todd can be just as effective standing in front of the goalie and being a pain in the ass to the other team. I think a healthy Bertuzzi is a better version of Homer.

Xiomera
04-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Bert should be back today . . . what do you think should be the line combinations? And one forward has to sit out . . . who's it gonna be?

The Lines I'd like to see:
Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Franzen
Calder - Lang - Filppula
Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Hudler sits out (but what a tough call it is . . . Samuelsson is probably the other option)

I think that more evenly distributes our scoring. We have our super checking line in Drapes, Malts, and Cleary. I don't like having Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line . . . spread around the playmakers. Have them kill penalties and play 4-on-4 together, but not on the same line. I like having Filppula on Lang's line so he can take the faceoffs. Lang is terrible at them (won 3, lost 12 in game one).

Thoughts?

holtfan92
04-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Bert should be back today . . . what do you think should be the line combinations? And one forward has to sit out . . . who's it gonna be?

The Lines I'd like to see:
Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Franzen
Calder - Lang - Filppula
Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Hudler sits out (but what a tough call it is . . . Samuelsson is probably the other option)

I think that more evenly distributes our scoring. We have our super checking line in Drapes, Malts, and Cleary. I don't like having Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line . . . spread around the playmakers. Have them kill penalties and play 4-on-4 together, but not on the same line. I like having Filppula on Lang's line so he can take the faceoffs. Lang is terrible at them (won 3, lost 12 in game one).

Thoughts?

They posted on espn that Bertuzzi isn't playing today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2837435

Xiomera
04-15-2007, 10:44 AM
They posted on espn that Bertuzzi isn't playing today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2837435

Damn . . . there goes my line combinations, lol

Oh well, I would rather not risk further injury to Bertuzzi anyways . . . let's hope for Game 3.

holtfan92
04-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Oh man that was a fast goal 1-0 WINGS!!

Edit: 2-0 wings this is going to be over quick.

detroit4life
04-15-2007, 01:38 PM
it should have been over quick i wish they got another one durin all that powerplay time they had in the first but the flames have really turned this around right now it isn't looking as good

ironman4579
04-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Nice win for the Wings. They played hard. The Flames really took over the game for about 5-10 minutes there though. Switching to Calgary is a bit scary, with the Flames being so good at the Saddledome. I still stick by my prediction of Wings in 6.

Xiomera
04-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Lebda is out tonight after that sucker punch from Langkow.

That means we gotta use freakin Kyle Quincey . . . I'm thinkin about 8 minutes of ice time tonight for him . . .

asmitty45
04-22-2007, 05:47 PM
The wings know what they have to do theyll close out tonight

holtfan92
04-22-2007, 09:42 PM
1-1 after two lets close it out guys.

WMD
04-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtime!

Bootland27
04-22-2007, 10:43 PM
I pick Zetterberg to win it

WMD
04-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtime!

x2.. Datsyuk should win this one for us. He's the man.

jbombul
04-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Franzen, thats what the flames get after that cheap shot yesterday

WMD
04-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Johan Franzen! You are my new hero!

Kiprusoff played amazing, though..

jbombul
04-22-2007, 11:44 PM

yea thats for sure, looking at a couple of great goaltenders next week who would you rather face? my pick is Turco even though he is tearing it up right now

WMD
04-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Give me Luongo.. We need to stay away from the hot goalie.. We don't need Turco to get on a big roll and shut us down..

frogstomp
04-22-2007, 11:59 PM

Yeah, if the Flames had a team to go with Kipper, you would have been screwed tonight. Luckily, the Flames are horrible.

Xiomera
04-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Give me Luongo.. We need to stay away from the hot goalie.. We don't need Turco to get on a big roll and shut us down..

Nah, I would much prefer having to play Dallas. Luongo is the better goalie, and we have had better success against Dallas this year.

asmitty45
04-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Great win at the saddledome, cant wait for the next series. Give us Dallas

Newbs24
04-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Doesn't Turco have 1 win against us in his career???? I will take that against anybody else. We have destroyed dallas in the past couple of years and seem to have the upper hand on them. I really hope it is Dallas. We could close them out in 4 or 5.

detroit4life
04-23-2007, 04:52 PM
i hope we get dallal IMO they'd be easier than the flames

Xiomera
04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
i hope we get dallal IMO they'd be easier than the flames

Considering they have trouble scoring goals, yeah, Dallas would be easier.

They are tougher defensively than Vancouver, but Luongo > Turco.

I'm gonna say Wings in 6 against Dallas, and Wings in 7 against San Jose (depending on who we play).

Xiomera
04-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Western Conference
No. 1 Detroit vs. No. 5 San Jose
Thursday -- San Jose at Detroit, 7:30 p.m. (Versus)
Saturday -- San Jose at Detroit, 3 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, April 30 -- Detroit at San Jose, 9/10 p.m. (Versus)
Wednesday, May 2 -- Detroit at San Jose, 9/10 p.m. (Versus)
*-Saturday, May 5 -- San Jose at Detroit, 2 p.m. (NBC)
*-Monday, May 7 -- Detroit at San Jose, TBD (Versus)
*-Wednesday, May 9 -- San Jose at Detroit, TBD (Versus)

Looks like we have a scheduling conflict boys . . . hmm . . .

WMD
04-23-2007, 11:02 PM
DRAFT > EVERYTHING.

I'm forced to miss my cousins First Communion and a little get together afterwards because of it... when I found out about it the other day.. I just told my parents "... I can't go..." I hope nobody hates me because of it.

Xiomera
05-02-2007, 08:11 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/redwingsinsider/2007/05/no_surprises_hudler_odd_man_ou.html

Holmstrom is back tonight, Hudler is out of the lineup.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
Calder-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Draper-Maltby
Franzen-Lang-Samuelsson

Bootland27
05-02-2007, 11:52 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! homer gets one in the dying seconds of the 2nd period and Lang comes up with the biggest goal of the playoffs to force overtime.

Bootland27
05-03-2007, 12:22 AM
RED WINGS WIN!!!!!! RED WINGS WIN!!!!!! Schneider with a bullet

Xiomera
05-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Excellent . . . boy am I glad I stayed up to watch that.

ironman4579
05-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Well, they got it back even. This series has been really back and forth so far.

Pocket
05-03-2007, 03:21 PM
It's about time Lang did something.

Awesome game Wings.

Xiomera
05-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Comment on Kopecky entering the lineup in Kyle Calder's place? I like the move, but I wonder why they chose him over Hudler . . .

Either way, they are both better options than Calder, who is neither offensively or defensively valuable.

Bootland27
05-15-2007, 01:49 PM
He does add more grit and physical play compared to hudler, but this really tells me that hudler isn't as highly regarded in their minds as he should be.

WMD
05-22-2007, 08:32 PM
The Wings are going to get beat tonight if this keeps up.. It's only 1-0 right now, but the Ducks are playing their asses off. If this keeps up, the Final Score should be something like 4-1.

detroit4life
05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
we are the better team IMO JSG has been saving the ducks all series but we messed up we should have taken game 4 with them without Pronger and we should have clinched game 5 at home with out there last second goal to put it into OT. Two games right there we had but couldnt come thru so right now we'll be lucky to get to detroit for a game 7 cuz the Ducks know they're in trouble if they dont win this now we take momentum and home ice for 7 if we win

WMD
05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Ugh. bukkake

dreadedluck
05-23-2007, 03:22 PM
would of should of could of, the wings new motto

Maybe Next Year Millen2
06-12-2009, 09:45 PM
As the only Pittsburgh Penguin fan on the Detroit Lions forum who kept my mouth shut for a year.....

I would just like to say. We are the Champions. We Are the Champions. No time for Hossa because We are the Champions of the World.

Wings are a great team, you had us last year but we Win in Detroit. Wow let's go Pens. Just Wow.

WMD
06-13-2009, 04:44 AM
It's the Iverson Curse! All Detroit teams are cursed for 2008/2009 Seasons.

Lions 0-16, Pistons swept, Wings lost the Cup, Bill Davidson and Chuck Daly died, and I'm sure something bad will happen with the Tigers.

It's all AI's fault!

detfan
06-13-2009, 10:26 AM
The Wings didn't deserve to win. Pittsburgh played better hockey throughout the series, and in the end, Detroit did not have the aggression they needed to win the series. Congrats to Pittsburgh.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Wings looked sloppy. Would have helped having Daytsuk the whole series, probably would have been different. However no point in any of that now. They didn't look crisp or like any Wings team I've watched playing in a game 7. It's too bad because Ozzy played great the last two games and it was the team that let him down.

Prowler
06-14-2009, 03:52 PM
As the only Pittsburgh Penguin fan on the Detroit Lions forum who kept my mouth shut for a year.....

I would just like to say. We are the Champions. We Are the Champions. No time for Hossa because We are the Champions of the World.

Wings are a great team, you had us last year but we Win in Detroit. Wow let's go Pens. Just Wow.

lol, almost the only one. my mom grew up just outside of pittsburgh, and i spent 20 years being a pens fan before moving here and adopting the red wings. i was very little, but my parents took me to see a game when the pens were playing the north stars for their first championship. so you're not alone. it was a very conflicting series for me, especially since Detroit represents me now. hopefully they play each other again for next year's cup.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Why do so many Pens fans really care about the whole Hossa thing? He was only on your team for a few months anyways. It's not like he had been there for 5 years.