PDA

View Full Version : People are human but come on !!!

ChefMike
04-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Wow Don Banks is not a dumb guy... I don't always agree with what he says but thats the gift of being able to express your opinons in an online forum. How can you completely forget a 1st rd player in Marshawn Lynch and make a comment on the Bills about how they can't address RB unless they trade up to Adrian Peterson... to me its like someone went in took the entire memory of Lynch out of his brain !!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/10/mock.draft5.part1/index.html

and as a side note...Staley moved up to 20 to the NY Giants on his mock... giving us like everyone else in the world is saying JUSTIN BLAYLOCK...

BigDawg819
04-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Marshawn has been slipping for over a month now, mainly with some concerns about carrying the full work load and some off the field stuff. The Bills could still sign a Corey Dillon or Chris Brown so its not imperative to draft a RB with the 1st round pick. This class is pretty solid on Day 1 so they could wait and get a Tony Hunt, or Kenny Irons, or Antonio Pittman and that would be a great day.

ChefMike
04-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I know he has been slipping ... but to go from a Top 15 pick to not even in the 1st round ? To me thats absurd... I can't see a team like Cincy (Needs another threat after Rudi Johnson) or NY Giants (Needs a game breaker RB) or Philly (Anything to help McNabb on the offense) passing on him and you can't forget Green Bay, I think the stout personality that Favre has and his reputation won't allow anyone to get to far out of line as to hurt the reputation of the Team...

EdReedUnstoppable
04-10-2007, 01:29 PM
I enjoy the thought of Blalock at RG with Terry at RT Ogden and Brown on the left with Chester in the middle.

Ravens1991
04-10-2007, 02:12 PM
I prefer Grubbs over Blaylock if we need to get a G. But about Lynch I will go ballistic.

ChefMike
04-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh please don't take this as I am saying lets draft Marshawn Lynch... we got younger and better with our addition of McGhee... but I would like to see us get younger at CB and maybe get some depth along both OL and DL and maybe add another game breaker like a Ted Ginn Jr if he were to fall to us which totally could happen... Ginn has been dropping also since he has yet to have run since his injury in OSU's bowl game...

go_ravens94
04-10-2007, 02:59 PM
I prefer Grubbs over Blaylock if we need to get a G. But about Lynch I will go ballistic.

My thoughts exactly

EdReedUnstoppable
04-10-2007, 04:20 PM
I'd take Lynch at #29, we don't have a long term answer at RB and Lynch is just that.

Ravens1991
04-10-2007, 04:42 PM
I would go crazy if Lynch is at 29.

go_ravens94
04-10-2007, 05:44 PM
I would go crazy if Lynch is at 29.

Lynch is a 100% BPA pick there, and I LIKE IT!

ChefMike
04-11-2007, 10:54 AM
If we drafted Lynch at #29 what do we do with him ? We just invested a lot of money into McGhee and we have Musa, Anderson, and Daniels under contract still...If we didnt have Willis in there.. then with out a doubt select Lynch at #29 I don't buy into his off the field stuff I think after Pacman Jones has been suspended for an entire season and he really hasnt even done anything like other players have I think that might help to straighten out any issues he might get involved in ! If we were going to take a skill position player I might look at someone like Ted Ginn or someone like that if they fell to #29 or a Dwayne Jarrett wouldnt be a bad selection for us...

EdReedUnstoppable
04-11-2007, 10:59 AM
If we drafted Lynch at #29 what do we do with him ? We just invested a lot of money into McGhee and we have Musa, Anderson, and Daniels under contract still...If we didnt have Willis in there.. then with out a doubt select Lynch at #29 I don't buy into his off the field stuff I think after Pacman Jones has been suspended for an entire season and he really hasnt even done anything like other players have I think that might help to straighten out any issues he might get involved in ! If we were going to take a skill position player I might look at someone like Ted Ginn or someone like that if they fell to #29 or a Dwayne Jarrett wouldnt be a bad selection for us...

We have him split carries with McGahee until he inevitably steals the job from McGahee around week 7 or 8, then we get rid of Willis and take the cap hit. Who cares about Musa and Mike Anderson neither will be here after this year, and P.J. Daniels is a fumble machine.

ChefMike
04-11-2007, 11:12 AM
We have him split carries with McGahee until he inevitably steals the job from McGahee around week 7 or 8, then we get rid of Willis and take the cap hit. Who cares about Musa and Mike Anderson neither will be here after this year, and P.J. Daniels is a fumble machine.

As I am a fan of Lynch but that cap hit would be very very desructive as we would eat that signing bonus right away...I know Musa and Anderson are only here 1 more year and Daniels is a turd at best but cutting Willis is a not so smart move that the front office won't make. They believe in Willis as do I and I can't see them making a move that would desimate the salary cap like that especially when we need to use that cap room next off season to resign guys like T-Sizzle to an extention, Boller ext, possibbly Clayton ext, maybe McNair depending on how he plays.

ChefMike
04-26-2007, 05:30 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/26/mock.draft7.part3/index.html

Late update on a potential draft trade that could shake up the Top half of the 1st round... Interesting picks here and moves some people around quite a bit...Not sure how I feel about the Ravens pick though...

asmitty45
04-26-2007, 05:36 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/26/mock.draft7.part3/index.html

Late update on a potential draft trade that could shake up the Top half of the 1st round... Interesting picks here and moves some people around quite a bit...Not sure how I feel about the Ravens pick though...

Solid draft though, i like the trade for the lions as well. I think Grubbs is a solid pick as well.