PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2008 Coverguy/rating?(Madden Thread)

Thunder&Lightning
04-10-2007, 04:37 PM
anyone have any gueses on who will be the MADDEN 2008 coverguy????

you guys think it will be good or are they running out of things to add??
what you think the new feature willl be?

neko4
04-10-2007, 04:38 PM
wow about the 28,000th time someone has made a madden thread

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Madden sucks now. It went downhill after 2004. They can only add some new features to SStar mode. Maybe a Practice Squad as well and shoe endorsments.

Vikes99ej
04-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Great job!!!

slightlyaraiderfan
04-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Is it already time to make a Madden thread.

Vikes99ej
04-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Is it already time to make a Madden thread.

Oh no, this is latest of several that have graced this forum over the last month or so.

Thunder&Lightning
04-10-2007, 04:48 PM
well i ask it the best

spinuzza13
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
it will be the kick returner from chicago whats his name???????????
because he is gonna be the first player to have a 100 overall

http://www.sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=2826180

here is the link

spinuzza13
04-10-2007, 04:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=2826180

my bad

gbpackers0065
04-10-2007, 04:54 PM

here is the link

with zebransky on NCAA if they put hester on Madden i boycott all EA Sports games

Moses
04-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Madden is as good as it's ever been in my opinion. It keeps getting more and more realistic.

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Madden is as good as it's ever been in my opinion. It keeps getting more and more realistic.

yet more and more easier. they did well with prescision [pass and QB vision, very good ideaas. But once you master the game within a week or two, migh as well sell them

Jonathan_VIlma
04-10-2007, 05:01 PM
yet more and more easier. they did well with prescision [pass and QB vision, very good ideaas. But once you master the game within a week or two, migh as well sell themOr don't be a nerd and play fourteen hours a day, so that it takes you some time to 'master' it.

spinuzza13
04-10-2007, 05:02 PM
my bad it will most likely be peyton manning or tom brady, ladanlian tomlinson,
chad johnson, reggie bush, vince young larry johnson, and brian urlacher

Vikes99ej
04-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I'd love Madden on 360 if they would just add the fantasy draft, and the ability to edit players. I love the gameplay.

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Or don't be a nerd and play fourteen hours a day, so that it takes you some time to 'master' it.

i dont play. i play like 1 game in franchise every other day or simulate then i'm exhausted form playing video games for the day. if i played every game, andy reid would be the best coach of all time.

jagsfreak27
04-10-2007, 05:26 PM
This shold be in the video games thread.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
04-10-2007, 05:30 PM
These are my main gripes with Madden:

1. I want an expansion team mode. Similar to the one with the Texans in Madden 2002, except you could create a team and have an expansion draft when you start the Franchise Mode. It pisses me off that a team and all of its players just disappear when you want to play Franchise with a created team.

2. I want more realistic simulated stats. My favorite thing to do with Madden is play Franchise mode and simulate the seasons, and basically just run the team. Cornerbacks starting all 16 games and getting less than 20 tackles? Defensive ends starting all 16 and getting more sacks than tackles? Tight ends very, very rarely averaging over 10 yards a catch? That's just not realistic.

3. I want more realistic contracts; especially rookie contracts when you export a draft class. I should not be paying my third round pick $12 million over 4 years.

4. Why is it, when you're 5 or so years into a franchise, EVERY big name talent is a free agent? Come on, guys!

I'm not a stickler for gameplay, I think the gameplay is just fine. I want them to pay more attention to detail.

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 05:33 PM
These are my main gripes with Madden:

1. I want an expansion team mode. Similar to the one with the Texans in Madden 2002, except you could create a team and have an expansion draft when you start the Franchise Mode. It pisses me off that a team and all of its players just disappear when you want to play Franchise with a created team.

2. I want more realistic simulated stats. My favorite thing to do with Madden is play Franchise mode and simulate the seasons, and basically just run the team. Cornerbacks starting all 16 games and getting less than 20 tackles? Defensive ends starting all 16 and getting more sacks than tackles? Tight ends very, very rarely averaging over 10 yards a catch? That's just not realistic.

3. I want more realistic contracts; especially rookie contracts when you export a draft class. I should not be paying my third round pick $12 million over 4 years.

4. Why is it, when you're 5 or so years into a franchise, EVERY big name talent is a free agent? Come on, guys!

I'm not a stickler for gameplay, I think the gameplay is just fine. I want them to pay more attention to detail.

Good Pointers especially #4. Its also way to easy to sign big name guys if you are a good team. And Mini Campp can turn any crap player into a supestar. I once made Musa Smith an 87 in year 3

princefielder28
04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
hey, will somebody make another madden thread????

MP123
04-10-2007, 05:58 PM

here is the link

You got your story wrong. He'll have 100 speed overall. Not 100 overall.

princefielder28
04-10-2007, 05:59 PM
You got your story wrong. He'll have 100 speed overall. Not 100 overall.

Good catch

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 06:15 PM

here is the link

with zebransky on NCAA if they put hester on Madden i boycott all EA Sports games

i agree...that happens i will seriously never buy an EA game again...worse however if big if. in some forum somebady said pennington of all ppl was the rumored cover guy!! WTF seriously...if that is not just a rumor i will drive down to the bridge...get out walk to the edge...and throw all my ea games over the edge haha

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 06:17 PM
i agree...that happens i will seriously never buy an EA game again...worse however if big if. in some forum somebady said pennington of all ppl was the rumored cover guy!! WTF seriously...if that is not just a rumor i will drive down to the bridge...get out walk to the edge...and throw all my ea games over the edge haha

I know.

If its not Brees, LT, Taylor, Manning or a few other guys i will be upset. Maybe they will pick the best player on the SuperBowl Loser like 06 and 07. In this case Brian Urlacher. Unleess they think Hester is the best bear.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
04-10-2007, 06:19 PM
You guys really wouldn't buy the game just because of who is on the cover? Wow...

The Unseen
04-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Jack Bauer

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Or don't be a nerd and play fourteen hours a day, so that it takes you some time to 'master' it.

its not really hard to master it...my 12 year old brother mastered it in like a day....it is designed as a game to have fun...so its not to hard usually.

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 06:44 PM
its not really hard to master it...my 12 year old brother mastered it in like a day....it is designed as a game to have fun...so its not to hard usually.

Thanks a bunch for backing me up and vouching. Once I reaquaint myself with old and new controls and stuff its fairly easy.,

Moses
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Madden is easily the most realistic sports game I've seen. NBA, NHL, and MLB game are all way worse generally.

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Madden is easily the most realistic sports game I've seen. NBA, NHL, and MLB game are all way worse generally.

If you have played NBA 2k7, you would reverse that statement. If you have, i dont know what u talkin 'bout. NBA 2k7 = Most Realistic EVER

neko4
04-10-2007, 06:50 PM

Same here, also #2 RB's never get yards

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 06:51 PM

If you have played NBA 2k7, you would reverse that statement. If you have, i dont know what u talkin 'bout. NBA 2k7 = Most Realistic EVER

100% in agreement that game is freakin nuts...i sometimes forget im not at the air canada center...then i remeber im in rural saskachewan:(

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 06:51 PM
100% in agreement that game is freakin nuts...i sometimes forget im not at the air canada center...then i remeber im in rural saskachewan:(

AWW SUCKS:( :(

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks a bunch for backing me up and vouching. Once I reaquaint myself with old and new controls and stuff its fairly easy.,

and i agree with that..i find it easy to learn new controls and features very easily

Moses
04-10-2007, 06:53 PM

I've only dabbled in it since I don't have a console but I hear it's pretty good. That said, I don't think you can denounce the fact that Madden has consistently been a great game and it keeps getting better year after year. It's not perfect, but it's far more polished and realistic than the vast varities of titles out there. I wish I could play an NBA game other than NBA Live 07 but I'm stuck on PC unless I feel like shelling out $500 for an XBox 360 plus another $1000 or whatever for a HDTV.

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I've only dabbled in it since I don't have a console but I hear it's pretty good. That said, I don't think you can denounce the fact that Madden has consistently been a great game and it keeps getting better year after year. It's not perfect, but it's far more polished and realistic than the vast varities of titles out there. I wish I could play an NBA game other than NBA Live 07 but I'm stuck on PC unless I feel like shelling out $500 for an XBox 360 plus another $1000 or whatever for a HDTV.

True but if only They could take a few ideas from me. But I thin if Madden didnt pull a bi*ch move and buy all the rights to the NFLPA. "NFL 2k7" would be better.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
04-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Same here, also #2 RB's never get yards

Forgot about that. Also, there are way too many RB's with 400+ carries in a season and way too few QB's with 3,000+ yards as your Franchise mode progresses.

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Well i heard they are adding gang tackling for sure this year in the game so maybe im thinking it will eb a defensive player on the cover....if they add anything or even fix the Db controls and AI i think Champ is a shoe in for the cover and if not...maybe jason taylor or brian urlacher...the homer in me wants aaron schobel on the cover:)

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Forgot about that. Also, there are way too many RB's with 400+ carries in a season and way too few QB's with 3,000+ yards as your Franchise mode progresses.

yup. sometimes there will be 4 RBs over 200 yards.

Portis
Tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Edgerrin
Jamall Lewis Back in Madden 2005

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Well i heard they are adding gang tackling for sure this year in the game so maybe im thinking it will eb a defensive player on the cover....if they add anything or even fix the Db controls and AI i think Champ is a shoe in for the cover and if not...maybe jason taylor or brian urlacher...the homer in me wants aaron schobel on the cover:)

Sadly the CBs are idiots in Madden Games. Thats why i always try to control my Mid LB or FS so that i can follow the blown coverages that CBs miss.

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 07:01 PM
ya it sucks so hard...too many guys can rush for over 2000...there is like 2 every year...and omg im gonan kill someone if every year its just vince young and micheal vick switching off winnning mvp awards cause they pass for 2000 yards and 15 td's and run for 1500 yards and 11 td's...DRIVES ME UP THE WALL

neko4
04-10-2007, 07:06 PM

Thats a result of #2's not getting carries. In '04 and '03 Green Bay relied heavily on backups Najeh and Fisher

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Thats a result of #2's not getting carries. In '04 and '03 Green Bay relied heavily on backups Najeh and Fisher

ya it is...they need to completly re vamp that whole thing....i myself am one of those guys who likes to simulate the games..and just try and build up a succsefull franchise...but they make it so hard!!! i can draft a qb with #1 overall and by the time he retires as a 12 year pro his awereness has never been higher than maybe a 78 ugh i wanan throw the controller through the wall

BlindSite
04-10-2007, 07:26 PM
The madden games still need to rework the screen passes and swing pass routes, no receiver is going to run out of bounds on their route, and throwing a pass into the ground isn't a good idea for a screen.

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 07:29 PM
The madden games still need to rework the screen passes and swing pass routes, no receiver is going to run out of bounds on their route, and throwing a pass into the ground isn't a good idea for a screen.

GREAT POINT!!!

Also i hate the way in X360, you can draft a #1 Overall Guy and he will be rated like a 70 oly. He will also be projected as top 5.

ChewyRaven318
04-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I hope in 3 years, or whenever that stupid agreement of exclusivity expires that 2K Sports comes back with MONSTER NFL games and maybe even an NCAA College Football game if they can find a way to implement the College Hoops recruiting method(one of the best ever), and maybe even a dynasty mode with the same idea.

Madden just isn't doing it for me anymore, but I play it because NCAA Football is just amazing and I'm a huge dynasty/franchise geek.

ChewyRaven318
04-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Also i hate the way in X360, you can draft a #1 Overall Guy and he will be rated like a 70 oly. He will also be projected as top 5.

SERIOUS? Thank god I didn't bother with the next gen version of Madden this year then!

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 07:37 PM
SERIOUS? Thank god I didn't bother with the next gen version of Madden this year then!

dead serius my friend. 1ce a 3rd rounder was rated 81 though. weird ****

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 07:38 PM
IMO when Ea signed that NFLPA contract....they thought they could ease into the new changes and not work out the bugs....you think if they had 2k breathing down there necks there wouldnt have been a franchise mode in the first next gen games?

scottyboy
04-10-2007, 07:39 PM
they need to find a way to make CB's better.

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 07:40 PM
IMO when Ea signed that NFLPA contract....they thought they could ease into the new changes and not work out the bugs....you think if they had 2k breathing down there necks there wouldnt have been a franchise mode in the first next gen games?

exactly. they no that all football and video game fans will almost automatically buy Madden. If 2ksports was there, competition would bring out tje best.

LitoSheppard
04-10-2007, 07:42 PM

Pwnt ^^

That is all...

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Pwnt ^^

That is all...

Read This

I'm not a nerd, if anywthing you guys just suck. I'm not tryna be a burner but...

RaiderNation
04-10-2007, 07:55 PM
i hate how when a rookie qb who has 80 speed has acceleration and aggility in the 50s.

Big Mike
04-10-2007, 08:04 PM
i hate how when a rookie qb who has 80 speed has acceleration and aggility in the 50s.

yuppppppppppppppppp.

this should be the madden hatred thread

MP123
04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
How about a "Madden Wishlist" thread?

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 08:17 PM
I started a thread last month in here about features and ratings ppl would like to see in madden...i think its maybe time to bring it out again?

MP123
04-10-2007, 08:37 PM
I started a thread last month in here about features and ratings ppl would like to see in madden...i think its maybe time to bring it out again?

Absolutely.

LitoSheppard
04-10-2007, 08:51 PM

NCAA basketball 07 is crazy good, not easy at all because as usuall the NCAA games are slower movements and just plain harder

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Okay so i know there are some madden buffs out there...and hten theres the casual madden players...but regardless how much you play there is something you hate or would like to add. Here is some of my ideas of features or things that could be put in to make the game more entertaining and pleasing..looking for as much input as possible.

1) Clutch/Choke rating - This would help the game extremly i think...say you have a great Qb during teh regular season(cough cough manning) and he alwayass chokes in the playoffs...say maybe this would affect his vision cone or maybe how the defenders read his passes or something along those lines..much like a guy liek tom brady..it hits the 4th quarter or the playoffs role around, he only gets better and i think there should be a rating to show that.
2) Expansion mode = I wanna be able to creat a new team..build a staduim and do all of that stuff. i want teh expansion draft and all the things just to give it an expansion feel
3) ANYTHING TO IMPROVE THE DB AI!!! - Champ bailey does not get burned by drew bennet he just doesnt... the ai is abismal and they have no idea what they are doing...the reciever has teh advantage and its impossible to play as both corners so your ****ed regardless... i dont wanan see my cornerback going for a catch 15 yarsd back form the widereciever...there should be a noticable difference between champ bailey and ahmod carrol!

i have a few more but im am currently having a huge brain fart, so ill post when i remember haha

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Absolutely.

well i got that thread up hope i can get some feedback on there...p.s wicked sig....ive wanted a sig by ncst8fan83 so badly!! his are so wicked like im so jealous haha

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
04-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Die.......

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
04-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Whoa that's crazy... was that other Madden thread just merged into this one? Bravo to whoever's responsible.

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
ya that was pretty sweet actually props to whoever hooked that up for us haha

Green Bay Scat
04-10-2007, 11:34 PM
All i want is fantasy draft. I use to love grabbing the low 70s high 60s that are young and try to win a super bowl. Its harder that way plus its more fun/insane. Fantasy draft was great cause you get to make your team your way. Also i wish there were more indepth with possitions like Slot Reciever and WLB compaired to a SLB or 3-4 OLB like a rating or something, its just TOO basic.

brat316
04-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah, they need to like distinguish like starting ILB in like a 3-4 becuase if you have 2 good ILB the other guys complins that he is not getting time when he really is.

here is the best cover For madden 08

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q273/mypics08036/ROMENTUM.jpg

Phrost
04-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Put Brady on dat *****

Go_Eagles77
04-11-2007, 06:31 PM

Yeah, I once got a guy with 99 speed, 48 acceleration, 99 throw power, and like 71 throw accuracy. He never saw the field after the 1st game because it felt rediculous playing with him. If they fix this problem I would be very happy because then I wouldn't have to be like the redskins and trade away almost all my draft picks in fear of getting unrealistic players.

brat316
04-11-2007, 06:46 PM
For real they need to fix that drafting thing also they should tell us if a player like a qb would be better suited playing another position like Robinson or Matt Jones

Space Ghost
04-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Eli Manning will be on the cover because they thought they were talking to Peyton, but Eli was too drunk to do anything. This will be the cover for Madden 2008.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8504/elidrunkxj0.jpg

Big Mike
04-11-2007, 06:48 PM
For real they need to fix that drafting thing also they should tell us if a player like a qb would be better suited playing another position like Robinson or Matt Jones

i think your sig is too big...

brat316
04-11-2007, 06:48 PM
thats so funny there was another picture like that of big ben drunk looking the same

Go_Eagles77
04-11-2007, 06:54 PM
thats so funny there was another picture like that of big ben drunk looking the same

No, it's Sheli

http://www.sportsgamer.com/assets/images/04.11.07.10.26.42.jpg

brat316
04-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Yo u damn people who know how to use Photoshop i hate u so much (shakes fist in anger)* lol

Go_Eagles77
04-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Yo u damn people who know how to use Photoshop i hate u so much (shakes fist in anger)* lol

I didn't do it, it was from another site which I found in another thread on this site.

Space Ghost
04-11-2007, 07:08 PM
I didn't do it, it was from another site which I found in another thread on this site.

I think he was complimenting my stellar new version of the madden cover.

mfkrush
04-12-2007, 11:48 AM
www.sportsgamer.com/forums

Im not sure if you guys care or not, but I post at this forum which is formerly (maddennation.com) and they usually get information about the upcoming NCAA & Madden games really early. They have a article there about the first details about NCAA 08. Anyway you guys should give it a look. I've been posting there since 2003. So it's a pretty cool site. Alot of the guys from over there post here.