PDA

View Full Version : I think that if the Lions do trade down...

Jagonsucker
04-10-2007, 06:16 PM
its going to be with the phins at number 9. Apparently they are intrested in either Quinn or Russel. There were also reports that the 2 teams were talking a few weeks ago about a trade. Which would be perfect because they could then nab Willis at number 9. Who else sees this trade happening?

JPLUFF
04-10-2007, 06:37 PM
I think Miami could trade up but it won't be with us. Either Russell or Quinn will be there at #3 instead of #2, so they could trade there instead, and if either one is there at #4 and Calvin Johnson isn't then Tampa will definitely try to trade down and Miami could trade up and grab either one (Most likely Quinn) there or just see if he falls down to 9.

woodnick
04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Miami would probably target the Redskins at #6 if Quinn is still there so they can jump Minny, the other team supposedly interested in him.

Notredameleo
04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Miami would have to give up a lot, prob this years 2 and 3, and next years 1

detroit4life
04-10-2007, 07:09 PM
yea i see tampa as a huge possibility they want CJ and he's a good enough prospect to give up some picks in order to get him

WMD
04-10-2007, 07:26 PM
If we traded down to #4.. We get the extra picks that we want.. if we can't trade down again, I wonder if they'd just go ahead and take Patrick Willis there.

detroit4life
04-10-2007, 09:05 PM
i doubt it now idk if they would be able to move down again but if they were stuck at 4 i think they would probably take adams although they could rly play it off hard that they're taking Thomas and see in arizona bites to give up somthing to move up to 4

Aard
04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
As long as we're speculating on how far the Lions trade down...

I'll venture a guess that we swap with Atlanta at #8. That's the sweet spot for Millen to get Willis at the right value, and the Falcons really like Calvin Johnson...assuming he's still there at #2.

TRJ997
04-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I'll guess that the Lions probably won't trade down any further than 4 in any scenario, and they definitely won't trade down farther than that in one trade.

asmitty45
04-13-2007, 02:02 PM
My guess is 4 as well, but 3 is a possibility that almost forces tampa's hand even more, it would enable a second trade down we hold TB at ransom for CJ and if they dont make the deal we take him and tell them to take adams if they want him that bad adn we swap players and later picks from TB.

TRJ997
04-13-2007, 03:12 PM
My guess is 4 as well, but 3 is a possibility that almost forces tampa's hand even more, it would enable a second trade down we hold TB at ransom for CJ and if they dont make the deal we take him and tell them to take adams if they want him that bad adn we swap players and later picks from TB.

I doubt TB would give up their 2a pick to move from 4 to 3 even if CJ is on the board. Nothing is certain when it comes to the draft, but the only thing more certain than the Bucs wanting CJ is Detroit wanting to trade down, so I don't see them being able to hold anyone for "ransom". If a trade between TB and DET does happen, its not going to be a NYG/SD type blockbuster.

detroit4life
04-13-2007, 05:42 PM
and i have no problem with a blockbuster type deal all i know is tampa wants to get CJ and CJ is such a good prospect they should be willing to mortage their future somewhat because their team isn't in a terrible condition and adding a WR of that caliber would help them a lot

TRJ997
04-13-2007, 09:33 PM
and i have no problem with a blockbuster type deal all i know is tampa wants to get CJ and CJ is such a good prospect they should be willing to mortage their future somewhat because their team isn't in a terrible condition and adding a WR of that caliber would help them a lot

No one is willing to "mortgage their future" for a WR. The Bucs have major holes on defense. And why would they give up a lot to get him when everyone knows that Detroit doesn't want him? We will see . . . I'm not saying that the Bucs won't trade up, but don't expect them to give up a lot to do so. Tampa has spent the last 4 years paying for the picks they gave away for Keyshawn and Gruden.

This is all so speculative, and I know that Detroit fans are really hoping to come away with a lot of starters from this draft, but it just doesn't look like anyone wants to give up much to move up. The talent at 4-8 is too good when some guys like Thomas, Quinn, Adams, Okoye, or Landry will be there.

Oh, and I said it won't be a blockbuster deal.

detroit4life
04-13-2007, 10:14 PM
oh well my bad i read it wrong but i disagree in that Tampa would give up picks to get CJ. He is by far the best player in this draft and is the best WR prospect to come a long in a while. So why wouldnt they give up a second round pick and maybe a little more to move up. It is false in saying that detroit doesnt want CJ they just want to adress other needs but i am confident that if we are stuck at #2 we will take CJ it may not adress the biggest need but it is much more value than reaching for other players because at #2 your not suppose to reach for players your suppose to take the "superstar" that player you know will be great and that player is CJ

TRJ997
04-15-2007, 09:09 AM
oh well my bad i read it wrong but i disagree in that Tampa would give up picks to get CJ. He is by far the best player in this draft and is the best WR prospect to come a long in a while. So why wouldnt they give up a second round pick and maybe a little more to move up. It is false in saying that detroit doesnt want CJ they just want to adress other needs but i am confident that if we are stuck at #2 we will take CJ it may not adress the biggest need but it is much more value than reaching for other players because at #2 your not suppose to reach for players your suppose to take the "superstar" that player you know will be great and that player is CJ

I guess we will have to wait and see about both the trade down and whether the Lions take CJ.

I'm on record that DET won't have CJ next season, and they won't get more than 2400 points according to the draft chart from the BUC's in a trade. The #2 pick is worth 2600.

Addict
04-15-2007, 09:13 AM
I guess we will have to wait and see about both the trade down and whether the Lions take CJ.

I'm on record that DET won't have CJ next season, and they won't get more than 2400 points according to the draft chart from the BUC's in a trade. The #2 pick is worth 2600.

2400 is close enough to me. Besides they can always throw in a player to sweeten te deal.

reinar
04-16-2007, 11:33 PM
anyone think that we will pick up CJ at #2, make an immediate trade because we have him, with TB, getting their #4, and #34.

then at #4 we draft Gaines Adams, and possibly trade him immediately with Washington that really really likes him?

then we get Willis at #6, pick up 2 extra 2nd rounders, taking CB, CB, S with those, ang get Stanton in the 3rd?

TRJ997
04-17-2007, 07:36 AM
anyone think that we will pick up CJ at #2, make an immediate trade because we have him, with TB, getting their #4, and #34.

then at #4 we draft Gaines Adams, and possibly trade him immediately with Washington that really really likes him?

then we get Willis at #6, pick up 2 extra 2nd rounders, taking CB, CB, S with those, ang get Stanton in the 3rd?

Actually, I think you should take Peterson at 6 and trade him to MIN; then take Landry at 7 and trade him to ATL; then take Quinn at 8 and trade him to MIA. Then you can take Willis and have 6 2nd rounders to really bolster your team.

reinar
04-19-2007, 12:37 AM
well while that sounds silly, it isnt far off the mark - with a trade with TB in the works, and then a good possiblity that we also trade to ATL, which is what alot of the writers have said (detroit wants to trade down now, and then again later) gets us in the neighborhood of 3 extra 2nd rounders, or 2 + a player.

TRJ997
04-19-2007, 08:25 AM
well while that sounds silly, it isnt far off the mark - with a trade with TB in the works, and then a good possiblity that we also trade to ATL, which is what alot of the writers have said (detroit wants to trade down now, and then again later) gets us in the neighborhood of 3 extra 2nd rounders, or 2 + a player.

I will have the utmost respect for Millen if he can manage to net 3 more 2nd rounders and still get P. Willis.

casskid
04-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Actually, I think you should take Peterson at 6 and trade him to MIN; then take Landry at 7 and trade him to ATL; then take Quinn at 8 and trade him to MIA. Then you can take Willis and have 6 2nd rounders to really bolster your team.

Lets just reflect on that.

Addict
04-19-2007, 10:28 AM

That's so damn crazy it might just work!

woodnick
04-19-2007, 10:33 AM

Why would Atlanta trade up to #4 if CJ21 goes #2? Would they target Thomas or AP? With out CJ21 available I don't think ATL will make a move to move up that high.

Iamcanadian
04-19-2007, 11:08 AM

I think a trade down is very possible between Tampa and the Lions but only takes place if and only if Oakland drafts Russell. It will cost Tampa their #2 and #3. The #3 may be for next year and if that is the case Tampa would have to give up a 2008 4th or 5th rounder as well. I don't think either side is going to pay too much or not enough to get the trade done.
Detroit would have to be at the point where they are haggling over whether it is the 2008 4th or 5th before they draft Johnson in preparation for a trade.
I don't believe Detroit has any interest in trading out of the top 6 picks as that is where the elite players in this draft reside. Willis is a very good prospect but he is not in the elite class and currently resides in the 11-21 group. Detroit must absolutely come away from this draft with an elite player, nothing less.

Here's why Detroit will draft Adams one way or another and not Will:
http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/dl