PDA

View Full Version : Canadian

Man_Of_Steel
04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Who here is Canadian and where in Canada do you live?

Niagara for me.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-10-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm from Kanata(Suburb in west end Ottawa).

ironman4579
04-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Born in Michigan, but I'm a dual citizen. Lived in Regina for about 20 years. Moved back to the States for about 7 years. Now I'm in Lethbridge which sucks huge donkey balls. Hopefully I'll be moving in about a year.

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 09:02 PM
well ill give you a hint...im in between regina and P.A haha

Man_Of_Steel
04-10-2007, 09:03 PM

lol

ironman4579
04-10-2007, 09:05 PM

I should give you negative rep just for being from Toon town. I would give you + rep instead, but it would probably just come out grey anyway.

Moses
04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm originally from outside Ottawa but I 'm living in Waterloo right now.

The Unseen
04-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm half-Canadian.

Sadly.

frogstomp
04-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Winnipeg. yay.

Draft King
04-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Gotta rep that Ottawa South.

Man_Of_Steel
04-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Winnipeg. yay.

Go Jets

Man_Of_Steel
04-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Gotta rep that Ottawa South.

Wow alot of canadians here are from Ottawa.

bearsfan_51
04-10-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm not Canadian but I do like ham.

Draft King
04-10-2007, 09:29 PM

Please tell me you like maple syrup.

frogstomp
04-10-2007, 09:30 PM

Get out of our thread. Go make your own "Boring History Prof" thread, I'm sure no one will care!

Man_Of_Steel
04-10-2007, 09:31 PM
What is it exactly that separates Canadian bacon from regular bacon.

ironman4579
The fact that it's ham?

Man_Of_Steel
Please tell me you like maple syrup</a>.

And were talking maple Syrup, none of that table syrup.

Man_Of_Steel
04-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Which brings up another question.
Who exactly is Aunt Jamima?

SuperKevin
04-10-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm from Canad..........I can't continue this post without bursting into laughter

ironman4579
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Marines usually aren't that smart anyway. Just a little inter service rivalry there SK, I'm ex Army. No offense.

ironman4579
04-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Or maybe not? I should really change my name to threadkiller.

HoopsDemon12
04-10-2007, 09:48 PM
I should give you negative rep just for being from Toon town. I would give you + rep instead, but it would probably just come out grey anyway.

haha i should give myself negative rep for being from toon town...but im not going to haha im originally from toronto if that makes it any better haha ya thats right big city to....15 minute trip form side to side of the city haah

ironman4579
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
haha i should give myself negative rep for being from toon town...but im not going to haha im originally from toronto if that makes it any better haha ya thats right big city to....15 minute trip form side to side of the city haah

What the hell are you doing in Saskatoon then?

etk
04-10-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm from Toronto, the real city, not the lame-ass suburbs or GTA. That makes me aboot as close as it gets to American. Where I live is basically an extension of the US.

Belish
04-10-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm in Richmond Hill, which is a suburb north of Toronto.

Hurricane Ditka
04-10-2007, 09:54 PM
I've been thinking about moving to Canada, for the uh free health care, and Cuban cigars, and Jamaican "cigars" too. And just for the hell of it. How much different would living in a big city than living in America?

etk
04-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I've been thinking about moving to Canada, for the uh free health care, and Cuban cigars, and Jamaican "cigars" too. And just for the hell of it. How much different would living in a big city than living in America?

Toronto is as close as it gets to America in Canada. There are some major downsides, however, like our sports networks and their constant need to remind us that we invented hockey.

Moses
04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Toronto is as close as it gets to America in Canada. There are some major downsides, however, like our sports networks and their constant need to remind us that we invented hockey.

Hockey owns.

Man_Of_Steel
04-10-2007, 10:00 PM
The pens baby

frogstomp
04-10-2007, 10:03 PM

Umm... how? Because Toronto is big? Toronto is *very* unlike the US.

Moses
04-10-2007, 10:05 PM

Exactly. It's a big city. There are big cities in America, and there are other big cities in Canada. There are also small towns in both America and Canada.

49ersfan_87
04-10-2007, 10:05 PM
I live in the GTA. Richmond Hill to be exact, although i used to live in toronto. Moved about 5 months back.

JF4
04-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Ottawa....

etk
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM

We have a lot of the same American retailers who have expanded exclusively to Toronto. We are trying to make our main downtown intersections look like NYC, etc. It's pretty lame that we don't just de-identify ourselves when it comes to things of that matter, but all anyone cares about is money.

I understand your argument (or statement) of how Toronto is "unlike" the US. Our cultural and ethnic variety is unparalleled in the US, so I guess that is probably what you were thinking.

What I meant was that we are trying to make ourselves look like an American city. The average tourist would be shocked at how Americanized Toronto is. If you live here, on the other hand, you know that the culture is different and unique from Americans.

PACKmanN
04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Toronto is the Los Vegas of Canada and im proud to live in Toronto.

Man_Of_Steel
04-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Since we get Canadian stations does anyone watch "The Score". Its far and away the funniest sports channel. Tim McCalif and Sid Sixsero are mad funny on STI and Cabbie is God.

49ersfan_87
04-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Since we get Canadian stations does anyone watch "The Score". Its far and away the funniest sports channel. Tim McCalif and Sid Sixsero are mad funny on STI and Cabbie is God.

I used to, many years ago. They focus on hockey too much, and im not a fan of hockey.

We have a lot of the same American retailers who have expanded exclusively to Toronto. We are trying to make our main downtown intersections look like NYC, etc. It's pretty lame that we don't just de-identify ourselves when it comes to things of that matter, but all anyone cares about is money.

I understand your argument (or statement) of how Toronto is "unlike" the US. Our cultural and ethnic variety is unparalleled in the US, so I guess that is probably what you were thinking.

What I meant was that we are trying to make ourselves look like an American city. The average tourist would be shocked at how Americanized Toronto is. If you live here, on the other hand, you know that the culture is different and unique from Americans.

Yeah, toronto is very americanized in its image. When i first moved to toronto from new york, i remember thinking how much it was like new york. Some parts of downtown TO look a LOT like manhattan.

VoteLynnSwan
04-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Toronto is the Los Vegas of Canada and im proud to live in Toronto.

It's Las Vegas.

Moses
04-10-2007, 11:22 PM

The Score is great. It has just the right tint of personality and amateurish behaviour. At night, you get some really good laughs.

DChess
04-10-2007, 11:24 PM
i started a fun topic entitled "canada vs the states", that was good time.

sry to spam. im not from canada, i have some self respect

frogstomp
04-10-2007, 11:37 PM
What the hell is the "American image" everyone is talking about?

My god, I could show you random pictures of most cities, and except for super old ones with historical significance, you wouldn't know what was from what country.

bearsfan_51
04-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Exactly. It's a big city. There are big cities in America, and there are other big cities in Canada. There are also small towns in both America and Canada.
Your logic is blowing my mind. Back up back up....ok...so there are towns...and then....

Oh damn this is just too much.

bearsfan_51
04-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Get out of our thread. Go make your own "Boring History Prof" thread, I'm sure no one will care!
I'm not boring.....:(

Moses
04-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Your logic is blowing my mind. Back up back up....ok...so there are towns...and then....

Oh damn this is just too much.

It's OK. Not everybody is cut out for learning such complex theories.

frogstomp
04-10-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm not boring.....:(

yeah, I know... I was just kidding.

Anyways, on an unrelated note, I forgot to ask before... I'm going to a bar this weekend, and I couldn't get any roofies... do you think you could show up?

DChess
04-10-2007, 11:48 PM
is it cool to do fat chicks again?

bearsfan_51
04-10-2007, 11:50 PM
yeah, I know... I was just kidding.

Anyways, on an unrelated note, I forgot to ask before... I'm going to a bar this weekend, and I couldn't get any roofies... do you think you could show up?
Roofies eh? Just tell 'em you like Fall out Boy (I'm assuming college age girls like ****** music in Canada too) and then when she's in awe give her a donkey punch to the dome. That'll keep her out for at least an hour or two.

frogstomp
04-10-2007, 11:50 PM

Let me put it this way: you won't be getting laid any time soon.

bearsfan_51
04-10-2007, 11:51 PM
At Akron? I don't think you have a choice.

frogstomp
04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Roofies eh? Just tell 'em you like Fall out Boy (I'm assuming college age girls like ****** music in Canada too) and then when she's in awe give her a donkey punch to the dome. That'll keep her out for at least an hour or two.

Or else we could, you know, stick to my original plan and have you talk to her for two minutes and put her to sleep.

You seem to have missed that I was MAKING FUN OF YOU, Captain Know-It-All-Except-For-When-He's-Being-Made-Fun-Of.

DChess
04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
At Akron? I don't think you have a choice.

this is very true, they aint the cream of the crop

DChess
04-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Let me put it this way: you won't be getting laid any time soon.

not very original or funny, im a little disappointed in you, i was expecting better, and you let me down

bearsfan_51
04-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Or else we could, you know, stick to my original plan and have you talk to her for two minutes and put her to sleep.

You seem to have missed that I was MAKING FUN OF YOU, Captain Know-It-All-Except-For-When-He's-Being-Made-Fun-Of.
Ahh...I thought you were making a reference to college profs sleeping with students.

Whoops.

Moses
04-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Donkey punch to the dome...I'll add that one to my repertoire of dragon slaying techniques.

frogstomp
04-10-2007, 11:56 PM
not very original or funny, im a little disappointed in you, i was expecting better, and you let me down

I only did it because it works on multiple levels... you could be that fat chick or the desperate guy doing the fat chick... no one knows.

Anyways, I don't need my originality level validated by you, or anyone else in your 2nd grade finger painting class.

frogstomp
04-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Ahh...I thought you were making a reference to college profs sleeping with students.

Whoops.

I'll never forget that rainy saturday with my English Prof... right on top of her papers...

I was looking forward to her class this year, but she retired at the end of last year. Apparently 50 years of teaching burns you out.

DChess
04-11-2007, 12:00 AM
I only did it because it works on multiple levels... you could be that fat chick or the desperate guy doing the fat chick... no one knows.

Anyways, I don't need my originality level validated by you, or anyone else in your 2nd grade finger painting class.

your just trying too hard now, its alright, maybe you'll wake up tomorrow rejuvenated ready to go back at it

frogstomp
04-11-2007, 12:03 AM
your just trying too hard now, its alright, maybe you'll wake up tomorrow rejuvenated ready to go back at it

That's what she said.

Anyways, I don't see how I was trying too hard when no part of my quoted post was in any way supposed to be funny. I was simply commenting on how I could find anyone with your sense of humour in a 2nd grade finger painting class.

DChess
04-11-2007, 12:04 AM
That's what she said.

Anyways, I don't see how I was trying too hard when no part of my quoted post was in any way supposed to be funny. I was simply commenting on how I could find anyone with your sense of humour in a 2nd grade finger painting class.

you cant beat the "i wasnt trying to be funny" comeback, its golden

and thats not paint on my fingers, its blood, i got into it with the russian mafia, and now they have me running favors for them.

frogstomp
04-11-2007, 12:08 AM
you cant beat the "i wasnt trying to be funny" comeback, its golden

and thats not paint on my fingers, its blood, i got into it with the russian mafia, and now they have me running favors for them.

I don't see how that's trying to be funny... it's simply stating that your intelligence level is around that of a 2nd grader.

What you posted at the end of your post was an attempt at humour. It was also a horrible one.

DChess
04-11-2007, 12:12 AM
I don't see how that's trying to be funny... it's simply stating that your intelligence level is around that of a 2nd grader.

What you posted at the end of your post was an attempt at humour. It was also a horrible one.

to each its own, and im not denying that i was trying to be funny, but i was saying you were trying too hard, at being funny, theres a difference

frogstomp
04-11-2007, 12:14 AM
to each its own, and im not denying that i was trying to be funny, but i was saying you were trying too hard, at being funny, theres a difference

There's also a difference between insulting someone and trying to tell a joke.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/joke

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/insult

(I used some big words, so I figured I'd help you out)

DChess
04-11-2007, 12:19 AM
There's also a difference between insulting someone and trying to tell a joke.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/joke

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/insult

(I used some big words, so I figured I'd help you out)

there you go insulting my intelligence, you should think outside of the box, i know this may seem crazyyyyyyy, but there are other things out there.

my humor doesnt revolve around making fun of other people, i dont need to build my self esteem, but if you do, then by no means, keep doing it. whatever helps you feel comfortable with yourself at the end of the day. so go ahed mack fon of me's intelignse, its kool

frogstomp
04-11-2007, 12:21 AM
there you go insulting my intelligence, you should think outside of the box, i know this may seem crazyyyyyyy, but there are other things out there.

my humor doesnt revolve around making fun of other people, i dont need to build my self esteem, but if you do, then by no means, keep doing it. whatever helps you feel comfortable with yourself at the end of the day. so go ahed mack fon of me's intelignse, its kool

haha, well, seeing as the only thing you can really display over a internet forum is intelligence, it's generally what I make fun of. See, unlike you, I don't speak out of my ass all the time, and then look like an idiot one minute later.

As for my self esteem, I already know I'm better than you, and pretty much everyone here. I just have to point out stupidity when i see it. It may be my one flaw...

TitleTown088
04-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Do any of you actually wear a canadian tuxedo?

DChess
04-11-2007, 12:25 AM
haha, well, seeing as the only thing you can really display over a internet forum is intelligence, it's generally what I make fun of. See, unlike you, I don't speak out of my ass all the time, and then look like an idiot one minute later.

As for my self esteem, I already know I'm better than you, and pretty much everyone here. I just have to point out stupidity when i see it. It may be my one flaw...

at least you know your better and more intelligent than everybody else, because i didnt know if you knew it, but clearly you do.

frogstomp
04-11-2007, 12:27 AM
at least you know your better and more intelligent than everybody else, because i didnt know if you knew it, but clearly you do.

..."you're"

DChess
04-11-2007, 12:28 AM
..."you're"

I'm so sorry sir, will never do it again.

frogstomp
04-11-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm so sorry sir, will never do it again.

If I needed people to accept me, and think I'm "smart, funny, and cool", would I really make fun of you and 90% of this forum? The truth is, I really don't care what you, or anyone else on this internet forum, thinks. Which is why I feel free to speak my mind, and say when someone makes themselves look like a complete idiot (which you do often).

Hm... thinking logically, how amazing it is!

DChess
04-11-2007, 12:43 AM
If I needed people to accept me, and think I'm "smart, funny, and cool", would I really make fun of you and 90% of this forum? The truth is, I really don't care what you, or anyone else on this internet forum, thinks. Which is why I feel free to speak my mind, and say when someone makes themselves look like a complete idiot (which you do often).

Hm... thinking logically, how amazing it is!

i really don't know how i make myself look like an idiot, but thats your opinion. You seem to think a lot of people are stupid, which is so true if were comparing them to you. Which in unfair, because you are so much more intelligently advanced than everyone, and that my mistake, I'll never bother you again, because i cant talk with you because i make myself look like an idiot, and how can an idiot communicate with a genius. so I'm sorry, this thing just went to my head, ill let you be on your way, hopefully i never do it again.

frogstomp
04-11-2007, 12:46 AM
i really don't know how i make myself look like an idiot, but thats your opinion. You seem to think a lot of people are stupid, which is so true if were comparing them to you. Which in unfair, because you are so much more intelligently advanced than everyone, and that my mistake, I'll never bother you again, because i cant talk with you because i make myself look like an idiot, and how can an idiot communicate with a genius. so I'm sorry, this thing just went to my head, ill let you be on your way, hopefully i never do it again.

Foot in mouth and head up ass
So whatcha talkin' 'bout?
Difficult to dance 'round this one
'til you pull it out. boy.

-MJK

TitleTown088
04-11-2007, 12:52 AM
I think the reason all you Canadians have your panties in a bundle is because you're envious of our superior location to the equator.

alexschnarr
04-11-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm from Kitchener

etk
04-11-2007, 07:28 AM

This one's going in the sig....

Belish
04-11-2007, 08:40 AM
I live in the GTA. Richmond Hill to be exact, although i used to live in toronto. Moved about 5 months back.

Which school is RH do you go to? I graduated from RHHS last year.

gbpackers0065
04-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I am half-canadian my father was born in and raised in Quebec until age 8

slightlyaraiderfan
04-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I had a canadian girlfriend once, she taught me all aboot loonies, Buckleys, Ranch Dressing on Pizza (probably not a canadian thing, but she was canadian...so i'll make it a canadian thing) and other canadian like things/activities. Does that count?

gbpackers0065
04-11-2007, 04:06 PM
I had a canadian girlfriend once, she taught me all aboot loonies, Buckleys, Ranch Dressing on Pizza (probably not a canadian thing, but she was canadian...so i'll make it a canadian thing) and other canadian like things/activities. Does that count?

not unless you had a drunken lovechild together

Bengals1690
04-11-2007, 04:08 PM
canada is great. but i shall never forgive that little micheal bolton incident

Big Mike
04-11-2007, 04:17 PM
im from Brampton, A GTA (greater toronto area) city.

etk
04-11-2007, 04:25 PM

That's a reach, calling yourselves a city. More like a shanty of hicks who only know the words "aboot" and "eh."

Big Mike
04-11-2007, 04:26 PM
That's a reach, calling yourselves a city. More like a shanty of hicks who only know the words "aboot" and "eh."

how dare you lol. brampton is now somewhat ran by blacks, italians and indians basically lmao.

anyways where you from etk???

etk
04-11-2007, 04:29 PM
how dare you lol. brampton is now somewhat ran by blacks, italians and indians basically lmao.

anyways where you from etk???

lol I took advantage of you because you gave me +rep in the rap thread, so now I can diss you and your city all I want and you can't rep me again :D

I'm from the real Toronto aka North Central aka "Tha Truth" ....

frogstomp
04-11-2007, 04:32 PM

The only other person I know who has put Ranch on pizza is from California...

Chucky
04-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Im from North YOrk, a suburb in Toronto, its prob the best suburb in Toronto its got everythign

Big Mike
04-11-2007, 04:34 PM
lol I took advantage of you because you gave me +rep in the rap thread, so now I can diss you and your city all I want and you can't rep me again :D

I'm from the real Toronto aka North Central aka "Tha Truth" ....

My dad got rich and moved from Rexdale area into the suburbs.. that explains my migration. not that im saying you're poor because most Real Toronto homes are expensive right??

etk
04-11-2007, 04:36 PM
My dad got rich and moved from Rexdale area into the suburbs.. that explains my migration. not that im saying you're poor because most Real Toronto homes are expensive right??

I live in a well-off area. I live near Pusateri's, and that's self-explanatory if you know what that is. My house was built not purchased, so I guess it's less expensive than you would think. The lot was expensive though.

HoopsDemon12
04-11-2007, 04:51 PM

Agreed cabbie is god

Big Mike
04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Cabbie Is goddddddddddddddly

HoopsDemon12
04-11-2007, 04:54 PM

haha i was born in brampton....i liked it there...although i was 8 haha you get rep just for that fact!

Big Mike
04-11-2007, 04:55 PM
haha i was born in brampton....i liked it there...although i was 8 haha you get rep just for that fact!

LOL THANKS:D

sadly it dont count:(

Space Ghost
04-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Representing Burlington, Ontario for all the years of my life so far. I might move across the bay to Hamilton though.

someone447
04-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Who here is Canadian and where in Canada do you live?

Niagara for me.

AMERICA JUNIOR!!!!

etk
04-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Representing Burlington, Ontario for all the years of my life so far. I might move across the bay to Hamilton though.

Remind me to come back and give you rep tomorrow for that sig. I just thought of that exact scene before I saw this.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Canada is the greatest country in the World
All other countries are run by little girls,
Canada #1 exporter of Potassium,
other countries have inferior potassium
Canada home of Tinshen swimming pool
It's length thirty metre and width 6 meter
Filtration system a model to behold
It remove 80% of solid human waste
Canada Canada you very nice place
From plains of Alberta
To northern fence of Jewtown
Canada friend of all except Uzbekistan
They very nosey people with bone in their brain
Canada industry best in the world
We invented toffee and the trouser belt
Canada's prostitutes cleanest in the region
Except of course for Turkmenistan's
Canada, Canada! You very nice place!
from plains of Alberta to northern fence of Jewtown,
Come grasp the mighty phenis of our leader
From junction with the testes to tip of it's faaaaaace!!!

Man_Of_Steel
04-11-2007, 09:15 PM
AMERICA JUNIOR!!!!

Niagara Falls, as in Ontario.

alexschnarr
04-13-2007, 09:09 AM
i hate the score, i think tsn is the best, except for off the record, and Pierre ******* Mcguire, god dammit i hate that guy. I think Jay Onriet (sp) is hilarious though

Wootylicous
04-13-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm from Montreal , Quebec !!! Best city in Canada !!!

Belish
04-13-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm from Montreal , Quebec !!! Best city in Canada !!!

Agreed.

i hate the score, i think tsn is the best, except for off the record, and Pierre ******* Mcguire, god dammit i hate that guy. I think Jay Onriet (sp) is hilarious though

I find that TSN is kinda sterile. You get the info you want, but it's boring and they try too hard to be ESPN (though Jennifer Hedger is a babe). Sportsnet was my favourite before the whole 'Sportsnet Connected' thing. Now it's just ridiculous.

The Score is my current favourite and I'd watch it exclusively if they had Blue Jays baseball. Instead I have to deal with Jamie Campbell over on Sportsnet.

Space Ghost
04-13-2007, 03:40 PM
I hate TSN because I hate this woman

http://www.northernstars.ca/actorsghi/Media/hedger_jennifer_250.jpg

She should never open her mouth again about any sport.

Only sports channel I watch if there isn't a game on is the score because I like their ticker, plus, they have a lot of basketball and I'm not a huge hockey fan and I only like watching the Blues but they are never on here.

JF4
04-13-2007, 03:50 PM

Only sports channel I watch if there isn't a game on is the score because I like their ticker, plus, they have a lot of basketball and I'm not a huge hockey fan and I only like watching the Blues but they are never on here.

She's really not bad IMO. Personally i'll watch either The Score or TSN depending on how I feel. They are pretty much equal. I do hate Sportsnet though, their new Connected thing they have is a terrible attempt to try and connect with the younger generation of sports fans.

Big Mike
04-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Score has the best ticker in all of sports. It moves perfectly and shows field position for football games. so innovative....

critesy
04-14-2007, 03:22 AM
reg-town

yeeeeah

PACKmanN
04-14-2007, 11:19 AM
I enjoy watching Connection because of all of there Blue Jays games and like watching the others for the Raptors games.

PACKmanN
04-14-2007, 11:19 AM

she has a nice mouth and maybe she knows how to use it ;)